ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 144

Re: The Emperor's Soul [D2]

Post by S~V~S »

nutella wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:45 pm
Syn wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:43 pm
nutella wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:54 pm It's Thunal and SVS guys lol.
I have been town-reading SVS but this EOD and now Thunal's response makes a lot of sense with this world
I've been thinking it for a while now. SVS has been gradually-subtly-but-now-not-so-subtly steering away from a Thunal yeet while putting on a feigned nonchalance. Idk how else to explain it but I think that most of her posts from today fit with this agenda.
“Subtly”?

I’ve been aggressively town reading her the whole game :haha:

At first I was perplexed that you, who has known me longer than anyone in this game could possibly think I was such an unskilled baddie, I was almost offended, lol, but now I get it.

Good luck pushing this tomorrow Nutella.

Everything Thinal is saying right now makes a ton of sense to me. I’ve been to doing it since my catch up last night.

I’ll have to vote before EOD, so bb shortly.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

“Subtly” lol
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Tinfoiling not “to doing”, boo autocorrect.
Thunal33
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 201
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Thunal33 »

Btw there's 2 hours until EoD, not 1.
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Re: The Emperor's Soul [D1]

Post by Thunal33 »

Thunal33 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:34 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:54 pm
I mean it didn’t really matter when it comes to my vote tbh, since I had already voted marmot at that point.

LC shielding Thunal was so left field that it really made me think thunal was the bloodsealer.

Now without LC to shield her I’m…I guess…even more tunneled on her being bad
This isn't a good look for you because I don't really believe that you believed I was the bloodsealer. I thought it was Dizzy and realized it close to EoD, but after I looked through LC's ISO I thought it was clear. He had Dizzy as his top townread for "reasons" when he tried to explain it.

It's easier for a wolf to think "oh crap, maybe I'm pushing a power role" and be paranoid about that than it is for a townie, since a wolf already knows their push is town. If you're town, you believed I was a wolf but still backed off because LC was townreading me even though he was townreading Dizzy twice as hard for no reason? From the mindset of a townie who confidently believes I'm a wolf, thinking "wait, maybe she's a power role" would not be the first thing that comes to mind.
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:14 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:55 pm Laughable that you could clear anyone

If LC wasn’t shielding you I would have voted you.

I still think you’re bad.

Marmot could be good. Their response is not terrible, but they’re also just a scumlean to me atm. I don’t regret voting for them.

Dizzy is an enigma. Syn calling dizzy a top town read is laughable. Dizzy is rather despondent. Epi called him mean, which equates to, as dizzy describes, bluntness. But I see the opposite. He’s a bit aloof and isn’t ruffling any feathers. Blendy, not pushing the envelope. I support a dizzy vote if the rest of y’all with votes remaining choose to go there
You didn't vote me because LC was shielding me, but you had no problem voting Dizzy who LC was also shielding in the same post. If you just wanted LC's strong townreads to be off limits that makes sense, but that's not what you wanted. I feel like if there are two people you think could be the bloodsealer, if you were town you probably wouldn't think it was the one you thought was a wolf all day.
Thunal33 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:05 pm
Scotty wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:24 am
I go back and forth on nutella. She has oscillated between moments where I think her tone is genuine in solving and others (like LC claiming) that came off to me as frustrated wolf. But the frustration was real, nonetheless. That could definitely go for either alignment. But it doesn’t prove that she’s town.

I am not going to argue against a Nutella yeet today if that’s where it goes
If you're so tunneled on me, why wouldn't you argue against a Nutella elim? If I'm tunneled on someone to the degree that you appear to be tunneled on me, I want them eliminated and absolutely would argue against an elim on someone who I'm going back and forth on.
I think all these posts show I have a town mindset. I'm clearly making them because I know I'm town, and that's how I was even able to think of these points. I believed that Scotty wouldn't jump to thinking I'm a PR because I was thinking of hypotheticals in my brain like that I wouldn't suddenly think he were a PR when I was tunneling him. Look at my recent wolf meta (Solar System and se7en). My cases were not like this. They were weaker. One thing I've had a hard time with my whole career is making convincing points on why townies are wolves as a wolf. For example, here's a post I made sussing t!Falcon as a wolf in Solar System:
Thunal33 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:33 pm Falcon ISO:
falcon45ca wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:07 am [VOTE: lemon] aubergine
falcon45ca wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:08 am
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:07 am Any particular reason Falcon or just your wolf buddy being pretty obv wolf?
I am sheeping Thunal.
Still reads as slightly wolfy to me because it’s not taking accountability for the mislim.
falcon45ca wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 10:21 am
Is it just weird, or is it scummy?
falcon45ca wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 10:38 am Hmmmm...I'm seeing fingers defend LHF/slankers a lot, but she doesn't seem to be concerned over the players pushing these slots...almost as tho she's aware that town is pushing town.

[VOTE: fingers] aubergine
I think that Falcon giving an original take on Splints at a time when she’d caught up and wasn’t as LHF as d1 was slightly towny.
falcon45ca wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 7:06 pm Hmmmm, going thru Ricochet's ISO, I find it far more towny than PSV's
falcon45ca wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 7:07 pm [VOTE: neon] aubergine
falcon45ca wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 7:31 pm
Yeah actually, reading that it does have an implied tmi on Rondo's slot. Good catch!

[VOTE: PSV] aubergine
I don’t like this at all. The implied TMI thing was pretty weak and there’s a lack of reasoning on anyone other than Splints and a pattern of sheeping. I’ll go out on a limb and say Falcon/Porscha aren’t w/w for this. If Falcon is a wolf, I think he tried to pin responsibility for the PSV ML on Porscha.
falcon45ca wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 3:19 pm I've got mild tinfoil that they're w/w actually. They're both kinda using kid's gloves on each other, not pushing each other really
Fmpov this just doesn’t make sense and I think it could either be a wolf painting a t/t or t/w pair as w/w or a townie with an out there tinfoil. I’m entertaining the idea of a Falcon/Splints team. Falcon seemed to have significantly better reasoning on Splints than he did on anyone else.
I might have a big wolf range, but I still have a wolf range. I'm not somehow suddenly good enough of a wolf to fake these more unconventional points when I've never done it as a wolf, but also bad enough of a wolf to do things I knew would get me sussed by the thread like have no scumreads at EoD1, switch my reads many times, and then vote Seanzie to make sure he dies over Marmot even though I could so easily have just not voted. I really think to any townies that are voting me, if you read my ISO you'll see that it comes from town. I don't even fully understand the suspicion on me.
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:39 pm In case I go over, here you go:

Falcon - Good
Marmot - Bad
Nutella - Bad (Still owe a reread though)
Ricochet- ???
Scotty - Good
S~V~S - ???
Syn - Purple
Thunal - Bad
@Thunal33 looks like Epi will vote you if he shows, my vote won’t matter. So if I were you I’d start trying to convince him.

“Subtly” my ass ha ha ha, that’s hilarious

I feel so stupid.

Linki, oh thank god. I *should* be home by then.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

What I was apparently being too subtle about was trying to get us to act together like an actual town.

:disappoint:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

S~V~S wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:14 pm “Subtly” my ass ha ha ha, that’s hilarious
I mean obviously you were TRing Thunal, but you did hedge about it at a few points, and more to the point what I took issue with was your acting as if you were weighing a vote between her and Epi equally when it was always obvious you would vote Epi over her, and then instead you decided to try for a Rico push because you couldn't justify the Epi counter.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I don't like this reaction from either of you. I can only be convinced by a flip at this point. Sorry.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

S~V~S wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:14 pm

Falcon - Good
Marmot - Bad
Ricochet- ???
Scotty - Good
S~V~S - ???
Syn - Purple
Thunal - Bad
@Thunal33 looks like Epi will vote you if he shows, my vote won’t matter. So if I were you I’d start trying to convince him.

“Subtly” my ass ha ha ha, that’s hilarious

I feel so stupid.

Linki, oh thank god. I *should* be home by then.
I don't think trying to convince him will do much good since I'll be fighting for him to go over. If he is town, I hope he's convinced by my towncase. I still think he has a good chance of being mafia.
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

If it's Syn and Rico, just lol me, I suck, but you are both having absurdly overblown reactions here when I feel my trajectory has been telegraphed a fair bit.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

nutella wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:19 pm If it's Syn and Rico, just lol me, I suck, but you are both having absurdly overblown reactions here when I feel my trajectory has been telegraphed a fair bit.
Did you actually read and think about the points I made?
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Thunal33 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:21 pm
nutella wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:19 pm If it's Syn and Rico, just lol me, I suck, but you are both having absurdly overblown reactions here when I feel my trajectory has been telegraphed a fair bit.
Did you actually read and think about the points I made?
Yes. I can still easily see it either way. It's confbias speaking but I have a hard time taking that type of self town case in this circumstance seriously and instead it feels like you had it a little too prepared. If it's genuine and just a skill issue at reading your personal tone, I'm sorry, but my vote is locked in and the associations between you and SVS have that puzzle pieces fitting feeling for me rn.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:48 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:06 pm nutella
SVS

Marmot
Syn

Rico
Falcon

Epi
Scotty
What the hell?

Falcon - Good
Marmot - Bad
Ricochet- ???
Scotty - Good
S~V~S - ???
Syn - Purple
Thunal - Bad
I think Epi's sus on me doesn't make any sense. The "what the hell?" to a rainbow list that I had similar positions to all day and then just calling me bad came out of nowhere.
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I will say I didn't understand that Epi comment either lol.

Perhaps my lone regret in voting you is letting him be in the game another day (and obv I'll feel dumb if my change of heart was wrong)
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Let it rand tbh
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I’m just frustrated, Nutella. I’ve been trying to get us to all work together. And no one seems interested in that, just in bitching post game that town never wins on TS.

I am also frustrated because it absolutely astonishes me that you would think I’m such an awful wolf.

Im leaving work will be back to vote.
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Also, I really need to get it wired in my head that a mislim doesn't have to be a failure. I've been trying to get out of that mindset, but there's still part of me that thinks being mislimed is because I wasn't towny enough and could have played better. I think Epi being eliminated over me would be a whole lot better for town but I'll do what I can to leave a legacy and see if I can still make a positive impact on the game.
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

S~V~S wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:29 pm I am also frustrated because it absolutely astonishes me that you would think I’m such an awful wolf.
Stop saying this like come on lol. It's meaningless ATE that has no basis in my reasons for actually pairing you. When did I say your play would be bad or awful as wolf play? Except that I caught it if it is? Like, I think your play has been solid as either alignment here, and if you are mafia I'm reading into several levels of strategy in my hypothesis. I'm not just going "oh SVS is hard shielding Thunal shes just obv wolfing" it's more nuanced than that, and even if it wasn't, hard shielding your teammates is considered optimal and high level strategy by many players. I do not care for this empty ATE defense.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Epi is certainly dead weight if town and yes I will feel silly if it was him after all, and I still won't complain if he ends up going over. It just also feels like the easy option and while yes sometimes it is the easy option it has not felt to me today like it is and I had to follow the hunch that has been building up.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

It’s not ATE. Not at all. It’s coming from a place of game experience and respect for a good player, I guess.

Even though I’m not one this game, I want to remind everyone that I’m a pretty skilled wolf and blatantly defending a partner who is also known to be a good wolf would be poor play.

So I’m not just talking to you I’m talking to everyone who ever played with me.

No ATE. Just truth.

Now really lol sitting in parking lot instead of driving ha ha
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Looking over I still feel like Syn's whole reaction of making a difference check between me/Scotty makes sense if he's a wolf and Scotty is town. I probably should have listened to my earlier tinfoil instead of dismissing it. His reasoning on wanting to flip me first is really flimsy and I also think it makes sense for wolf Syn to not really go after the harder target in Scotty even though he voices suspicion on him.
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

S~V~S wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:37 pm blatantly defending a partner who is also known to be a good wolf would be poor play.
Like why though lol. It's obviously not? Bussing is soooooo two thousand and late
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Thunal33 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:38 pm Looking over I still feel like Syn's whole reaction of making a difference check between me/Scotty makes sense if he's a wolf and Scotty is town. I probably should have listened to my earlier tinfoil instead of dismissing it. His reasoning on wanting to flip me first is really flimsy and I also think it makes sense for wolf Syn to not really go after the harder target in Scotty even though he voices suspicion on him.
Maybe. If you flip town I will seriously reevaluate Syn. If he's fooled me he's really taken advantage of being on my side today
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

nutella wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:35 pm Epi is certainly dead weight if town and yes I will feel silly if it was him after all, and I still won't complain if he ends up going over. It just also feels like the easy option and while yes sometimes it is the easy option it has not felt to me today like it is and I had to follow the hunch that has been building up.
The thing is, he's not normally this disinterested in explaining his reasons. When I played with him and he was town in Solar System, we had a lot of real time interactions and he was a lot more open with his thought process than he is here. I can't really point to anything in Epi's ISO that I think is significantly towny.
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:39 pm Syn - Purple
Syn wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:56 pm i for one won't be making her answer for anything uwu

okay epi/syn is possible lol fuck
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 191

Post by Syn »

nutella wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:43 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:39 pm Syn - Purple
Syn wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:56 pm i for one won't be making her answer for anything uwu

okay epi/syn is possible lol fuck
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

SVS why have you still not voted though like we all know you are voting for epi and nothing is changing that so just do it?

It's down to @Ricochet to decide it lmao
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

If Syn is a wolf, I don't think w!Falcon ever votes him there. Falcon/Epi is plausible but then I wonder if they'd make the Dizzy kill.
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I do actually think Epi/Syn makes sense though and if so I will repent in the desert for getting pocketed by Syn.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 30

Post by Ricochet »

Sorry for not posting I was at a concert

who should i vote
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

nutella wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:48 pm I do actually think Epi/Syn makes sense though and if so I will repent in the desert for getting pocketed by Syn.
I'll repent with you tbh.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Ricochet wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:49 pm Sorry for not posting I was at a concert

who should i vote
It's 3 me, 2 Epi but SVS is likely going to vote Epi to make it 3-3. I think Epi has a good chance of being a hit.
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Vote epi because I've been wrong on everything except when I've been right and changed my mind. :ninja:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Also I'll probably feel less bad on an Epi town flip than on a Thunal town flip. I just....would prefer a mafia flip of either one :meany:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Thunal33 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:47 pm If Syn is a wolf, I don't think w!Falcon ever votes him there.
why not

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

postcapping to tell everyone that pie is terrible

thanks kiss kiss bye

ImageImageImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Syn wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:57 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:47 pm If Syn is a wolf, I don't think w!Falcon ever votes him there.
why not
It's a bit out of the blue and putting you in contention when you weren't in contention. I don't really think Falcon's the type of player to make a risky move like that anyway.
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

nutella wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:38 pm
S~V~S wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:37 pm blatantly defending a partner who is also known to be a good wolf would be poor play.
Like why though lol. It's obviously not? Bussing is soooooo two thousand and late
I was unaware of this. I’m so two thousand and late myself, so it fits :shrug:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Thunal33 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:50 pm
Ricochet wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:49 pm Sorry for not posting I was at a concert

who should i vote
It's 3 me, 2 Epi but SVS is likely going to vote Epi to make it 3-3. I think Epi has a good chance of being a hit.
Sure why not. His entire catch up and reads list seemed to revolve around whether or not a person townread Scotty. And the entrance was so sketch imo.

[VOTE: Epignosis] aubergine
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 30

Post by Ricochet »

Skimmed a bit epignosis feels worse

[VOTE: epignosis ] aubergine
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

K good luck in the night all, hope Epi is bad.

It’s a gorgeous evening to take the dog to the park.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

alright gl
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Good luck, I hope this hits.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

SVS
Marmot

Nutella

Scotty
Rico
Falcon

Syn
Epi
ImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 29

Post by DrWilgy »

Thread locked
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Poll
ended at Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Epignosis
50%
Voters: Marmot, Ricochet, S~V~S, Thunal33
Falcon
No votes
Voters: None
Marmot
No votes
Nutella
No votes
Ricochet
No votes
Scotty
No votes
SVS
No votes
Syn
13%
Voters: falcon45ca
Thunal
38%
Voters: Scotty, nutella, Syn

Post Counts:
User NamePosts
Scotty140
Syn140
Thunal33137
nutella127
S~V~S113
Marmot111
Lime Coke69
Seanzie67
Epignosis63
Dyslexicon55
falcon45ca48
DrWilgy18
Ricochet9
Justplayingitcool1
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Epignosis strolled through the imperial gallery, his gaze fixated upon the Moon Scepter.
“Ah, the Rose Empire’s most famous piece,” he exclaimed aloud.
A nearby servant looked up at Epignosis, curiosity piqued by the presence of this rambling man in the restricted area. Epignosis caught the servant’s eye and offered a humble bow.
“Excellent job in here, by the way,” he remarked, his attention returning to the Scepter. “Everything is nice and neat—a fine collection the Empire possesses. Alas, I do believe she can manage the rest on her own. I'll return when needed. Perhaps I'll even finish that story I was sharing with her.”
“Who?” the servant inquired.
“A master artist,” Epignosis replied. “She’s assisting me in the theft of that Scepter.”
The servant's mouth fell agape. There was no way he’d been serious, she thought, but Epignosis turned and departed both the gallery and the palace before she could even question further.
Epignosis has bee yeeted. Epignosis was The Imperial Fool!

You have 22 hours for night actions. Actions will be locked an hour before End of Night. (shortening this one to put us back on schedule)
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Re: The Emperor's Soul [D3]

Post by DrWilgy »

Gosh Darnit! Where's the Imperial Marmot? Marmot was a vanilla civilian!

You have 48 hours to deliberate and find who did this! Poll should be good to go now. Remember votes are locked and hammer is at 4. I will only count the first vote in the thread, but please have your vote in the poll match.
Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Rackets”