Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 191

Re: The Emperor's Soul [D3]

Post by Syn »

offhand nutella and I (especially me) look bad from interactions, svs looks good, thunal looks... probably good?

i did not bother thinking about scotty, marmot (RIP), and falcon and decided I'd wait and see what happened SOD first

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

given epi's activity level and investment, it's not an outside possibility that he was openly bussed/set up

I offer this only as something to chew on in the future in case the strongest town case on someone ends up being "pushed Epi"

I don't think it is relevant today probably

ImageImageImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 30

Post by Ricochet »

damn now that there's a shot I kinda wanna play

though I also want to win with just 16 posts lol

wyrd kill

from epignosis' stances alone, i'd rank syn most likely (banter, poking, nothing lethal), falcon possible (banter, null to lack of read), scotty possible

that's a reasonable poe to clear and solve
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Ricochet wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:23 pm damn now that there's a shot I kinda wanna play
is that really why you weren't playing

ImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

thunal too on the nose from epig's statements ("thunal is my partner"), but not clearable (didn't put much into ISO'ing her)

thunal was dead at 3-2 votes, so i'm townclear

svs 96% townclear for same + unless she pulled the biggest buss gambit or didn't play well enough to have a case on thunal vs epig (i imagine her rhetoric would be in the "i'm not that awful of a wolf" style)

nutella probably townclear, she was pushing thunal to die, there was no need to flake and reconsider

of course tinfoil version regarding them both is they played us 'n' town is screwed

would go with occam. so syn, falcon, scotty. gg

+ marmot kill is weird (in which case I'd imagine falcon doing it rather than syn) or meant to throw us off (in which case syn still the mastermind-like type, more likely)

k good night
Thunal33
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 201
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Thunal33 »

I got a message saying I had the Silencing Soulstamp used on me, but I still have a postcap of 30 today.

While a bus is possible, I don't think it's probable in this case. I was onto Epi and the other wolf would know I would look good from his flip and be a lot harder to mislim. It would have been in wolves' best interest to kill me.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

The Marmot kill and my silence point two different ways on Syn, which is interesting. At first I thought I could have been silenced because I was onto Syn but Marmot had him as a townread.
ImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Thunal33 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:22 pm I got a message saying I had the Silencing Soulstamp used on me, but I still have a postcap of 30 today.

While a bus is possible, I don't think it's probable in this case. I was onto Epi and the other wolf would know I would look good from his flip and be a lot harder to mislim. It would have been in wolves' best interest to kill me.
a reduction of more than 50% is brutal

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

don't mind going over today but from my POV I know that POE is at least 33% wrong so I would stress putting extra thought in where to go after me

ImageImageImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Rico had no reason to vote Epi when he did and he could very easily have decided to vote me instead.

SVS I really don't think would act like she did as a wolf. She hard defended me but wasn't even sold on Epi.

Nutella I have a bit of tinfoil about how she voted me to make it 2/2 after a turnaround on me, but I still don't think it's her. I still think her reaction to LC's claim was good, and her telling Rico to vote Epi looked good.

Scotty tunneled me really hard, but only voted me after Marmot voted Epi. He had Epi as his second suspect which isn't a great look. From Epi's side he looks good since I don't think Epi would insist that hard Scotty isn't mafia if they were paired.

Falcon dropped off a lot d2 compared to d1 which isn't a great look. He wasn't around for EoD and didn't have any new takes on Epi d2.

Syn had the worst vote on me imo. He suspected me a lot but only voted me right after Nutella to make it 3/2 which very well could have been an attempt to save Epi.
ImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

why would marmot be a falcon kill, Rico? have you been reading along this whole time? je suis confuse

ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 144

Post by S~V~S »

Out of Epis yeet, Rico comes across most ironclad town (sorry i tried to execute you there, my dude, glad to see you show up. I won't call you Ricostiltskin again). Next comes Marmot, who started the wagon.

Under these circumstances, starting a wagon on a teammate enforces a fixed focus on Epi, so Marmot was pretty much cleared imo. Thunal, about the same. She was voting to save herself, true, but she voted fairly early when it easily could have gone another way. There was room to add another person to the three way tie (as I noted, there were 4 plus Rico who had not voted; we could have made a 4th wagon, and that was even after Thunal voted. She made no attempt to start a 4th wagon, or even to vote for Syn.

If Rico hadn't shown up to vote, it went to random.

Of the Epi voters, I have the least cred; I get a little for tying it, but I didn't think he was smoking gun bad, just kinda maybe bad.

So Marmot and Thunal are pretty conventional targets, especially being as the killer could not have known Rico would show up to start playing. And it looks like he maybe did some reading in the night.

Gonna read Marmot and Epi tonight.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Also Thunal, shhh.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Ricochet wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:23 pm damn now that there's a shot I kinda wanna play

wyrd kill

from epignosis' stances alone, i'd rank syn most likely (banter, poking, nothing lethal), falcon possible (banter, null to lack of read), scotty possible

My main concern with Nutella, based on Epis posts and back and forth with her, is that the two of them were all in each others faces and saying, "Imma kill you!", but neither of them tried to actually kill the other. But that's tinfoil for me. But I might still want to POE her?

@Syn yeah, I kinda expected it to be me, too, lol. And my final post count for today will be 183, I'm writing it down to remember it. I had no idea what it was supposed to be yesterday, and i think i came close-ish.
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

S~V~S wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:01 pm
Of the Epi voters, I have the least cred; I get a little for tying it, but I didn't think he was smoking gun bad, just kinda maybe bad.
not sure this is true. you were paramount for it not being a thunal chop, enough so that it made you look partnered with thunal until the epi flip lol

ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Syn wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:11 pm
S~V~S wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:01 pm
not sure this is true. you were paramount for it not being a thunal chop, enough so that it made you look partnered with thunal until the epi flip lol
Well, thanks, but I'm trying to view it from an outsider perspective. I did actively try to yeet Rico instead of Thunal/Epi/you. A vote for Epi (had Rico not voted) would have brought *me* some cred, but there would still be a 50% chance of yeeting "not Epi". That would be the argument I'd make against a person in my position, and it's not invalid. I think we tend to clear people easier than we should.

So to me towniness based on that vote: Rico> Marmot> Thunal> SVS, with Thunal and Marmot kinda the same. So I'm townier than the people who didn't vote for Epi, but not as towny as Marmot, Thunal or Rico.

And you know, I forgot that post Nutella made, about me/Thunal being w/w. That sounded pretty sincere, about us being teamed. Bonus points for her. Woofy Nutella, knowing her partner is going down, does she make that post? I have to look at the timing, but I think not.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

But yeah, the fact that they killed Marmot, not Thunal, it's gotta be in his posts.
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Maybe I can get more posts if I whisper.

Tbf, I definitely did not expect to die. Even though I got Epi, enough people suspected me before EoD that I think I would have been an odd kill. And I kinda think SVS is underestimating how much cred she has. The fact that she did so strongly veto my chop basically locked her into Epi and I think a busser would try to turn around on the Epi read and get more cred by wolfreading him.
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

S~V~S wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:10 pm

wyrd kill

My main concern with Nutella, based on Epis posts and back and forth with her, is that the two of them were all in each others faces and saying, "Imma kill you!", but neither of them tried to actually kill the other. But that's tinfoil for me. But I might still want to POE her?

@Syn yeah, I kinda expected it to be me, too, lol. And my final post count for today will be 183, I'm writing it down to remember it. I had no idea what it was supposed to be yesterday, and i think i came close-ish.
nutella, and I'll add myself, are in "why would wolf them do this to epig" camp. Wolf me could/would have sunk thunal. Wolf nutella did all the work to have a very strong shot at sinking thunal, backtracked very last stretch. Wolf you, I imagine, would have found a way to not sink the wolfmate; would have not looked impeccable, but the wolfmate living another day is the better trade.

From this logic viewpoint, townclear strength is me, then nutella, then SVS.

If town can agree with this and appreciate at least one more town read, I think we have the f7-f5-f3 votes to virtually elim the wolfmate.
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

looking through nutella's ISO for interactions re: epi

would recommend clicking through to this post and reading down from there for a few posts
nutella wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:14 pm
Marmot wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:19 am Also he just sat on the sidelines when nutella and Lime Coke were going at it.
This is still the thing about Epi that most makes me want to vote him. He was being snarky at me in a way I think could easily have come from TMI on Lime being town.

He's also compatible with Scotty.
(interesting scotty argument, basically. think it looks good for nutella, less good for scotty)

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

level zero read is that falcon's ISO sucks chunks and feels a little too obvious

hold on

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Re: The Emperor's Soul [D1]

Post by Syn »

falcon45ca wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:09 am
Marmot wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:02 am "I have no opinion about this player, therefore I'll make one up right now"

Yeah falcon could very easily be a wolf.

If I don't have an opinion on a player, then that player is essentially just rand, and rand is far more often town than not

And every player makes up their opinion about other players, whatchoo talkin' 'bout Willis?
falcon45ca wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:35 am
Marmot wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:07 am I do like some of falcon's earlier observations and questions. He didn't seem to be rushing conclusions or have an agenda. Some of his later posts on Day 1 seem more like busy work: asking people questions and telling them to explain their reads. That's a bit less good.

Asking questions and explanations of reads is wolfy?
falcon45ca wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:39 am
Syn wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:21 am look ma I'm #1

I have no opposition to the falcon case

Ah, now this is what wolfy posts look like...sheeping Marmot w/o questioning, or even previously expressing SR on my slot previously...have you?

Am I wolf cuz of the reasons Marmot pointed out? Do you have any thoughts of your own you'd like to add?
falcon45ca wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:45 am I am reminded of Syn asking questions of myself & Epi, and not seeming to care about the follow up...or whether he even got an answer

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

if everyone is set on the syn/scotty/falcon POE, my interest is in picking who gets flipped after me

falcon looks more blatant than scotty, which makes me hesitate

but I felt similarly with epi and very obviously got burned on that

ImageImageImageImage
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 115

Post by falcon45ca »

Syn wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:06 pm if everyone is set on the syn/scotty/falcon POE, my interest is in picking who gets flipped after me

I am town dude, I don't have the energy level of Maf falcon
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Ricochet wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:42 pm
S~V~S wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:10 pm

wyrd kill

nutella, and I'll add myself, are in "why would wolf them do this to epig" camp. Wolf me could/would have sunk thunal. Wolf nutella did all the work to have a very strong shot at sinking thunal, backtracked very last stretch. Wolf you, I imagine, would have found a way to not sink the wolfmate; would have not looked impeccable, but the wolfmate living another day is the better trade.

From this logic viewpoint, townclear strength is me, then nutella, then SVS.

If town can agree with this and appreciate at least one more town read, I think we have the f7-f5-f3 votes to virtually elim the wolfmate.
Yeah that’s why I called Nutella my tinfoil. I pretty much always thinks she’s bad, so I always have tinfoil, but never much try to do anything with it. She’s my opposite of Dom, who could be capering around the thread in a Satan costume going, bwa ha ha, and I’d be townreading him.

I’ll trust other peoples reads of her over my own.

How caught up are you?
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:10 pm
Syn wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:06 pm if everyone is set on the syn/scotty/falcon POE, my interest is in picking who gets flipped after me

is there a noticeable activity difference between alignments for you? does not seem like a tell that would work on you

ImageImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Syn wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:21 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:10 pm

is there a noticeable activity difference between alignments for you? does not seem like a tell that would work on you

Like, it's not always? But it's way more common for me to really slank as Maf
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I’m not set on anything yet, tbh.

I want to hear from Scotty, LOTS had changed since he left on his trip. Lots.

I came into yesterday pretty positive Scotty was town, that his Thunal tunnel was t/t. I really want to see how he reacts to all this.

After an initial raised brow, Falcon has looked mostly ok to me, but I don’t always read him very well.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Linki town Falcon seems more spirited, for lack of a better word lol.
falcon45ca

Re: The Emperor's Soul [D2]

Post by falcon45ca »

Marmot wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:11 am Syn
SVS
Scotty

nutella
Thunal
Rico
falcon

Epi

I feel pretty solid about the upper half of this list. Nutella I could still see being wrong on, but I'm very content with a townread there for now.

Solve is prolly in Rico, Thunal & I

Or is that too obvious?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

S~V~S wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:24 pm Linki town Falcon seems more spirited, for lack of a better word lol.

He's happier
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:25 pm
SVS
Scotty

nutella
Thunal
Rico
falcon

Epi

I feel pretty solid about the upper half of this list. Nutella I could still see being wrong on, but I'm very content with a townread there for now.

Or is that too obvious?
Rico’s vote broke the tie between Thunal and Epi. He yeeted Epi.

So I doubt either of them was Epis partner. I need to read some ISOs. Right now I’m mainly waiting for Scotty.

And happier is good.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

S~V~S wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:36 pm
SVS
Scotty

nutella
Thunal
Rico
falcon

Epi

Or is that too obvious?
Rico’s vote broke the tie between Thunal and Epi. He yeeted Epi.

So I doubt either of them was Epis partner. I need to read some ISOs. Right now I’m mainly waiting for Scotty.

And happier is good.

OK, Rico I get, but why don't you think Thunal could be partnered with Epi?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Also...Rico putting Epi over, but not getting NKd?

If he's actually town, that vote all but green checks him. If he's Maf, it allows him to go deep.

I'm wary to clear them off that
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Syn wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:20 pm offhand nutella and I (especially me) look bad from interactions, svs looks good, thunal looks... probably good?

i did not bother thinking about scotty, marmot (RIP), and falcon and decided I'd wait and see what happened SOD first
Sup

Why shouldn't I just snapvote you rn
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Thunal33 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:01 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:51 pm Why did you vote me?
Because my PoE is quite narrow and I think you fit the best. Your case on Nutella was bad in a wolfy way and you never addressed it. I feel like you're throwing out suspicion to see what sticks. As far as why I chose that moment to vote you, I wanted you to be a wagon today and I wanted to vote you before I had to leave for a few hours.
@falcon45ca well I’ve been town reading her pretty much all game.

Then there’s that up there. She voted Epi early. The mechanics of this game forces narrow voting patterns. Voting for her partner, who already had a vote from Marmot, would be a very odd move. I could see it if Epi was giving up, but he made a pretty credible effort to catch up.

With locked votes an early bus on her partner would be suboptimal. And neither she nor Epi are suboptimal wolves. It would also be a huge risk, since she already had a vote on her, too. With a 2 person team, both with a vote already, they’d be more likely to try to promote a third party. And Syn also had a vote. Voting her partner in this scenario makes no sense.

I could buy it without the locked votes, but the locked votes are very limiting; I don’t imagine they’d limit themselves even more by early bussing for no reason.

It’s not *impossible* but it’s not very likely imo.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Oh yeah scotty hugely fits too
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Yeah nvm I'm actually pretty set on scotty rn lol
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I don’t know, Epis main criteria for town reading people was their position on Scotty.

That seems a bit … overt? I mean he was being all bombastic about people shading Scotty at all.

Seems more like setting Scotty up?

Again, I want yo hear from Scotty before I even decide what I think, lol.
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

nutella wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:56 pm
Syn wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:20 pm offhand nutella and I (especially me) look bad from interactions, svs looks good, thunal looks... probably good?

Sup

Why shouldn't I just snapvote you rn
you should

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

S~V~S wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:16 pm I don’t know, Epis main criteria for town reading people was their position on Scotty.

That seems a bit … overt? I mean he was being all bombastic about people shading Scotty at all.

Seems more like setting Scotty up?

both scotty and falcon have fairly blatant associations tbh

(and me of course)

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

SVS
Scotty

nutella
Thunal
Rico
falcon

Epi

Or is that too obvious?
falcon continuing to be contrarian or falcon trying to keep the POE open?

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

S~V~S wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:16 pm

his iso says he'll be back tonight, so hopefully we won't be waiting too long for that

ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Well, he’ll need time to absorb, he prolly got @ ed about 100 times day one after he left. So I’ll be back in the AM, happy pm guys
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

hi
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

hi

ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Also I pulled my glute and hamstring which…is just terribly crippling. 0/10 would not recommend

I did some thinking while I was away

I didn’t think of the game, which is nice, but happy to see that Epi was a hit.
I also just finished reading EoD and am caught up. Instead of responding to particular posts because I don’t have the patience, I’ll just lay out my thoughts as I remember in reading

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I no longer think Thunal is woof

:WTF:

Which I am both pissed about and relieved

Her end of day and SVS’ overwhelming confidence really felt towny. She worked really hard to defend herself and the only other viable wagon would be her pack mate, who is…marginally more important? Like if I look at the roles, epi’s role would absorb some stuff, not the reverse. Again, this is minor, but I think would weigh in to who would want to live and die.

Return to “Previous Rackets”