The Emperor's Soul [D5]

Moderator: Community Team

Thunal33
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 201
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: The Emperor's Soul [D4]

Post by Thunal33 »

I have considered that Rico bussed multiple times in my head and I do understand the strategy behind it, I just don't think it's the most likely option. It's possible that it's different on this site but usually inactive scum don't survive that long to win even if they do bus. If I were in w!Rico's position I would almost certainly have voted me instead of Epi. In Sesame Street the wolves wanted me killed d1 while they could to the point where Belzy went on my wagon as a "misclick" despite defending me in the thread.
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:07 am
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:48 am I think Falcon probably ends the game. Scotty and Rico have quite a bit more going for them. If Rico's plan as wolf was to be this inactive then why would he bus Epi?

Why would the Maf leave Rico alive after that?

It basically confirms him town...if they actually are town
I don't see Rico as basically confirmed. My strongest townread is Nut and every alive player has had some tinfoil on Rico including me. SVS and myself were more townread than Rico.
ImageImage
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 115

Post by falcon45ca »

Thunal33 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:05 pm I have considered that Rico bussed multiple times in my head and I do understand the strategy behind it, I just don't think it's the most likely option. It's possible that it's different on this site but usually inactive scum don't survive that long to win even if they do bus. If I were in w!Rico's position I would almost certainly have voted me instead of Epi. In Sesame Street the wolves wanted me killed d1 while they could to the point where Belzy went on my wagon as a "misclick" despite defending me in the thread.

This makes no sense, Rico literally has 17 posts and isn't being voted cuz' of his Epi vote. You have no idea if he's actually town or not, I do not understand how you can truly believe that sentence.
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Ricochet
Posts in topic: 30

Post by Ricochet »

Thunal up 3 to 2 vs Epignosis, with SVS, Epignosis and myself still to vote

Enter thread

Flake another 20mins (I was undecided and unread), instead of making it a decisive 4-2

“It’s the only explanation, guys, only Maf would play like this”
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Ricochet wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:51 am hello

few preliminaries:

1. I've stated EoD3 that I am on holiday now, I'm not gonna cut on short beach time and drunk strip poker evenings to play mafia dot com sorry.

2. Why would my D3 hammer be controversial? We were to reach consensus and, of that PoE, Syn reached the votes. It was also the proper timing (10 or something p.m. my local) to make the vote, I was from travel, I was tired, I could have just as well fallen asleep, so at three votes for Syn, I found it reasonable to proceed.
I left the thread and came back just when Syn got hammered. I didn't have anything specific to discuss in mind but I was expecting to have some more time in the thread and I was surprised by the hammer.
Ricochet wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:51 am 4. Speaking of things argued, both falcon and Scotty show intent to push a lynch on me, and I don't think either has clarified (or proved willing to clarify) their wolf!me perspectives i.e. how I had Thunal's lynch at a push of a button and decided to hard kill my teammate instead. Word/tone-wise, falcon seems very unwilling to formulate proper arguments, whilst Scotty does so, but also mixes them up with "it's gotta be"es.

Anyway, one of them is town, so clearly misguided, the other could very well be wolf and resort to this as his lifeline. Tempted to believe the wolf would also come in thread and push the "why isn't Rico nightkilled that's so SuuuuS" narrative. In this f5, it's likely both of them could vote me, so it takes one more voter to change mind. In f3, I expect the same - keep me alive, bring it down to a vote swing to misselim me. Stay strong town.

LATER EDIT: I started writing this before falcon's post. He has exhibited every predictable cue:
-- why is Rico alive rhetoric?
-- why wouldn't slank Maf kill his own teammate? (no further understanding of the actual EoD2 dynamic shown)
-- pushes wagon on me
(+ votes before all the arguing posts, which is extra nice)
I feel like Scotty's POV about you is more believable than Falcon's. He has more nuanced takes and he takes you bussing as a possibility to consider rather than as something that had to happen. Falcon's feels like he's assuming it's true while at the same time thinking you're confirmed town if you're town which I don't quite understand.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:13 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:05 pm I have considered that Rico bussed multiple times in my head and I do understand the strategy behind it, I just don't think it's the most likely option. It's possible that it's different on this site but usually inactive scum don't survive that long to win even if they do bus. If I were in w!Rico's position I would almost certainly have voted me instead of Epi. In Sesame Street the wolves wanted me killed d1 while they could to the point where Belzy went on my wagon as a "misclick" despite defending me in the thread.

This makes no sense, Rico literally has 17 posts and isn't being voted cuz' of his Epi vote. You have no idea if he's actually town or not, I do not understand how you can truly believe that sentence.
I can believe that sentence from experience. There's a person on MU a bit after my time there who hard bussed while staying LHF and I haven't seen it work with this person. Ultimately active players will get more and more evidence clearing each other while the inactives get left behind.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

To anyone: how common is an LHF getting cleared multiple day phases based on a bus here? I'm realizing there may be some culture difference because I'm drawing from my MU experience when LHF could have higher survivability here.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

I don't really see how town!Falcon thought it didn't make sense for town!Rico to be alive.
ImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Thunal33 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:07 pm I don't really see how town!Falcon thought it didn't make sense for town!Rico to be alive.

Then vote me, you're just tunneling yourself into your bias.

Perhaps I'm doing that a bit as well, but I'm paranoid about all of you. You seem to just think it's me, with an outside chance of Scotty
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Thunal33 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:49 pm To anyone: how common is an LHF getting cleared multiple day phases based on a bus here? I'm realizing there may be some culture difference because I'm drawing from my MU experience when LHF could have higher survivability here.

It's happening right now for pete's sake
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Ricochet wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:36 pm Thunal up 3 to 2 vs Epignosis, with SVS, Epignosis and myself still to vote

Enter thread

Flake another 20mins (I was undecided and unread), instead of making it a decisive 4-2

Then vote me. You're just sitting there, hanging back
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:34 pm
Ricochet wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:36 pm Thunal up 3 to 2 vs Epignosis, with SVS, Epignosis and myself still to vote

Enter thread

Then vote me. You're just sitting there, hanging back
A. This is not really an answer, nor an attempt to argument this theory.

B. I’m willing and patient to coordinate with the other voters. No more than two wagons should happen, but there are still votes to go, for instance, on Scotty, if the others prefer that flip.
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

I'd rather finish my reads of Rico and Scotty than vote now.
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Ricochet wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:51 am >snip>
3. The math solve is falcon/scotty, in f5/f3 respectively, I realise it's not pleasant for them to face such PoE logic, but that's the best thing to roll with, unless better alternatives can be argued.

4. Speaking of things argued, both falcon and Scotty show intent to push a lynch on me, and I don't think either has clarified (or proved willing to clarify) their wolf!me perspectives i.e. how I had Thunal's lynch at a push of a button and decided to hard kill my teammate instead. Word/tone-wise, falcon seems very unwilling to formulate proper arguments, whilst Scotty does so, but also mixes them up with "it's gotta be"es.

Anyway, one of them is town, so clearly misguided, the other could very well be wolf and resort to this as his lifeline. Tempted to believe the wolf would also come in thread and push the "why isn't Rico nightkilled that's so SuuuuS" narrative. In this f5, it's likely both of them could vote me, so it takes one more voter to change mind. In f3, I expect the same - keep me alive, bring it down to a vote swing to misselim me. Stay strong town.

>snip<
:ponder:

Methinks you just made a slip
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Wait, no you didn’t. Ignore me

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Scotty wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:20 pm
3. The math solve is falcon/scotty, in f5/f3 respectively, I realise it's not pleasant for them to face such PoE logic, but that's the best thing to roll with, unless better alternatives can be argued.

4. Speaking of things argued, both falcon and Scotty show intent to push a lynch on me, and I don't think either has clarified (or proved willing to clarify) their wolf!me perspectives i.e. how I had Thunal's lynch at a push of a button and decided to hard kill my teammate instead. Word/tone-wise, falcon seems very unwilling to formulate proper arguments, whilst Scotty does so, but also mixes them up with "it's gotta be"es.

>snip<

No, but he is holding the town hostage for F3, and pretty much told everyone he's gonna be here next RD
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

He's telling town to stay strong and saying that F3 is gonna be the same as F5
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I don’t fathom how the wolf would elim me N4 since I am “how is this guy still alive” fodder (in all likelihood something the wolf is also pushing himself).

I am the best mislynch the wolf can hope for, both remaining phases. Right now, he even has a towner pushing the same narrative. It’s quite a lifeline.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

nutella wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:20 pm i will be pretty unavailable starting thursday so it would be cool if we decided before then tbh
What happens if we miss today? Are you actually available for a potential f3?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:33 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:07 pm I don't really see how town!Falcon thought it didn't make sense for town!Rico to be alive.

Then vote me, you're just tunneling yourself into your bias.

Perhaps I'm doing that a bit as well, but I'm paranoid about all of you. You seem to just think it's me, with an outside chance of Scotty
Do you have any tinfoil of me? I haven’t seen it

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

So let’s see.

Falcon has already voted rico, because that is basically his only option. Here is his progression today:
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:02 am My solve stays in Rico/Nut

If Scotty or Thunal is Maf, well I don't think we're ever getting there this RD, if at all
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:05 am [VOTE: rico] aubergine
his vote of rico after this post basically says ‘I am committed to my solve of rico and tomorrow if rico is town, nut’
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:12 am I do not want to spend the next 24 hrs going over and over this, too me at least, obvious point.

I will say, that Thunal's inability to consider that AFK Maf would bus their teammate to go F3...that's such an obvious scum move, it's making me think the solve is in Rico/Thunal
now it’s a sprinkle of thunal and a pinch of salt if not rico.
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:23 am
Scotty wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:17 am
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:12 am I do not want to spend the next 24 hrs going over and over this, too me at least, obvious point.

I will say, that Thunal's inability to consider that AFK Maf would bus their teammate to go F3...that's such an obvious scum move, it's making me think the solve is in Rico/Thunal
But what is the end goal of a W!Thunal going through the trouble of removing Rico from the POE?

She’s already been rather adamant while SVS was alive. It sounds like she’s come to the conclusion today that it’s just you

That's a fair point, and then my solve is still Rico/Epi

I don't see you as Maf. If you are, this is such a well deserved win, I don't even care (well...a little bit)

I have some mild sus of Thunal, largely cuz' of what I just mentioned, and my Nut sus has to do w/ the fact she's still alive, seems to be hunting, and her back n' forth on my slot v Syn last RD

Ultimately, I think it's just Rico. If he was town, I don't even know why he'd enter the game and play when he did. I think he'd just stay AFK. What he did w/ Epi is literally the only play he had as Maf to go deep
ok this is the one that makes me turn my head at a 25* angle.

Here he now thinks it’s just Rico, but still suspects both nut and thunal. A whole lot of options open and ready for f3. If falcon is mafia and we misyeet rico today, f3 is falcon, thunal and…probably nut? If he can stir up enough doubt in those 2, he can point to that in f3 in case he needs to switch it up.

Okokok but
His nut suspicion here is the one that tilts me. “My nut sus has to do w/ the fact she’s still alive”
That’s the same reason he suspects rico. What was SVS? Chop liver? Mafia can’t kill everyone every night, so this is a bit of a soggypapertowel suspicion to use for multiple people. Like, you can’t keep people in your POE just because you think they should have been NKd by now

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

@nutella who you thinking of voting

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Scotty wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:04 pm So let’s see.

Falcon has already voted rico, because that is basically his only option. Here is his progression today:

If Scotty or Thunal is Maf, well I don't think we're ever getting there this RD, if at all
his vote of rico after this post basically says ‘I am committed to my solve of rico and tomorrow if rico is town, nut’

But what is the end goal of a W!Thunal going through the trouble of removing Rico from the POE?

She’s already been rather adamant while SVS was alive. It sounds like she’s come to the conclusion today that it’s just you

I don't see you as Maf. If you are, this is such a well deserved win, I don't even care (well...a little bit)

I have some mild sus of Thunal, largely cuz' of what I just mentioned, and my Nut sus has to do w/ the fact she's still alive, seems to be hunting, and her back n' forth on my slot v Syn last RD

Ultimately, I think it's just Rico. If he was town, I don't even know why he'd enter the game and play when he did. I think he'd just stay AFK. What he did w/ Epi is literally the only play he had as Maf to go deep

Here he now thinks it’s just Rico, but still suspects both nut and thunal. A whole lot of options open and ready for f3. If falcon is mafia and we misyeet rico today, f3 is falcon, thunal and…probably nut? If he can stir up enough doubt in those 2, he can point to that in f3 in case he needs to switch it up.

Okokok but
His nut suspicion here is the one that tilts me. “My nut sus has to do w/ the fact she’s still alive”
That’s the same reason he suspects rico. What was SVS? Chop liver? Mafia can’t kill everyone every night, so this is a bit of a soggypapertowel suspicion to use for multiple people. Like, you can’t keep people in your POE just because you think they should have been NKd by now

Then vote me and get this RD over with. All of this is just blahblahblah, cuz' you're wrong. I'm town

I'm not going round and round with this stuff for the next 24hrs, and this is tedious.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:08 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:04 pm So let’s see.

Okokok but

Then vote me and get this RD over with. All of this is just blahblahblah, cuz' you're wrong. I'm town

I'm not going round and round with this stuff for the next 24hrs, and this is tedious.
I haven’t made up my mind. Im still looking at certain things.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Thing is, I can’t afford to be as tunnely as I was earlier in this stage. I talked myself out of the inevitability of Syn going over yesterday (even if the rest of the town didn’t), so it’s possible for me to weigh all options

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Scotty wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:47 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:20 pm i will be pretty unavailable starting thursday so it would be cool if we decided before then tbh
Minimally but yes.

I'm kinda panicking today bc i seriously think it could be rico and that means it isn't a locked solve like i originally thought and i'm like almost tempted to vote him now but my brain says falcon
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

nutella wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:39 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:47 pm
Minimally but yes.

I'm kinda panicking today bc i seriously think it could be rico and that means it isn't a locked solve like i originally thought and i'm like almost tempted to vote him now but my brain says falcon
In a vacuum my brain says falcon, but I just had a long historical look at falcon’s past games recently as both town and mafia and…I think he’s pretty towny on that meta. His engagement here as the game has gone along is >invested< and making >hot takes<
I tend to find that replicated by town falcon more than not. Especially him coming into thread yesterday bringing up why rico wasn’t killed. A thought that I was echoing as I was rereading end of day 2. W!falcon never HAS to make that bold of a suspicion. There were plenty of other avenues to go down.

Rico makes *sense* as both town and mafia. Why hasn’t he died? Well, there are far more vocal and outwardly town players left, ergo he could be town. But he is one of the most traditionally cleared slots left, so that point remains: why did Marmot > SVS die before him?

Despite his continued attempt to selfclear himself, it rings as manipulative instead of matter of fact. He has seemingly chosen to do some DD on thunal’s slot, determining thunal is *probably* not mafia, and has kept the same throughline from D3 of Syn/falcon/me which is a winning combo for him if he’s bad.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Why did SVS get killed if Rico is wolf?
Just perused SVS’ iso and she was one of the biggest proponents of keeping rico alive, and was mostly peeved that I was even going there.

Yes, she was pretty universally townread, so duh, but why would a w!rico get rid of one of his chief cheerleaders that may not get there on him?

hmmmm

But who was more towny at that point for w!rico to kill? God, I’m just mostly curious who mafia would kill in F4 to take off the table.

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

i thought that myself not dying was a minor indicator for falcon (since he was pressuring me and not treating me as lock town) but it could also be rico wanting me to think that :keys:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

atp ive probably swapped my poe from falcon/you in some order to falcon/rico in some order so instead i lose if it's you, really good effort if it is bc you still make sense as a wolf from the first few days but your solving is convincing
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

nutella wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:05 pm atp ive probably swapped my poe from falcon/you in some order to falcon/rico in some order so instead i lose if it's you, really good effort if it is bc you still make sense as a wolf from the first few days but your solving is convincing
Appreciated. I’d like to think I’d have this level of persnickitiness near endgame as wolf, but a part of me doubts I even come to these conclusions organically as a wolf

Bur for your loyalty I probably won’t kill you tonite :feb:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

If thunal is bad, and Epi literally told us his partner early in D1 I’ll never forgive myself. But I don’t even want to think of that possibility so forget it

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Yeah thunal prob actually dies over me anyway bc shes more likely to solve f3 correctly and not just flail around haphazardly like me smh
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Gonna go to this again:
Ricochet wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:51 am 4. Speaking of things argued, both falcon and Scotty show intent to push a lynch on me, and I don't think either has clarified (or proved willing to clarify) their wolf!me perspectives i.e. how I had Thunal's lynch at a push of a button and decided to hard kill my teammate instead. Word/tone-wise, falcon seems very unwilling to formulate proper arguments, whilst Scotty does so, but also mixes them up with "it's gotta be"es.

Rico is deadset on one of me and falcon being bad, but is making no effort to figure out which one of us it is. With 2 players actively gunning for his slot to bring him into the POE, his response is to get mildly defensive in why he shouldn’t be a part of the POE and just say one of us is ‘misguided’.

I think the towny mindset would be ‘who is being swayed/pocketed by the other and isn’t coming at this in a manipulative way?’

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

nutella wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:15 pm Yeah thunal prob actually dies over me anyway bc shes more likely to solve f3 correctly and not just flail around haphazardly like me smh
Eh I don’t see the resemblance tbh

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Ok at this point i think I’ve done all the ISOing I can do before I keep talking in circles (which I know all of you would LOVE- I still have like 40 more posts). If y’all decide to go elsewhere, so be it. Hope not to have to deal with f3

[VOTE: Ricochet] aubergine

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

falcon, PoE candidate, will spin me wolf and vote me - check

Scotty, PoE candidate, will spin me wolf and vote me - check
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Ricochet wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:41 pm falcon, PoE candidate, will spin me wolf and vote me - check

What about the difference in how they did it? Did one vote attempt read more genuine than another? Because at least one of them is town.
ImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Ricochet wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:41 pm falcon, PoE candidate, will spin me wolf and vote me - check

We can't both be Maf, and in fact from your perspective (if town) we very well both might be town.

This take is not a town mindset
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

I think Scotty has a good point. Yes, we need to find a winning PoE of 2, but it also doesn't make a lot of sense to treat both PoE candidates equally when you know only one of them can be the wolf.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

>snip<

What did you think the slip was?
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Yeah, I'm feeling worse about Rico than I am about Scotty. I've done some partly finished ISO work on both and Scotty's solving feels good for lack of a more precise term. Even when he was tunneling me there were these sort of "gotcha" undertones in his posts that look towny in hindsight.
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Thunal33 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:50 pm

>snip<

For some reason I was miscontruing ‘one of them as town’ as tmi when he said we were both in the poe.

I got excited but also my logic was completely wrong. So he didn’t slip there

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:48 pm

We can't both be Maf, and in fact from your perspective (if town) we very well both might be town.

From my perspective, one of you is wolf.
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:48 pm I think Scotty has a good point. Yes, we need to find a winning PoE of 2, but it also doesn't make a lot of sense to treat both PoE candidates equally when you know only one of them can be the wolf.
The PoE started at 3 people, with 3 phases available to solve them. It may seem unbecoming to just trial and error, but that already took place (with Syn). Wavering is losing the solve out of sight, logistically.

Regarding what you previously asked, I can try to find an answer tomorrow, if the phase hasn’t been hammered. I don’t think I can commit at midnight now.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Ricochet wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:00 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:48 pm

From my perspective, one of you is wolf.
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:48 pm I think Scotty has a good point. Yes, we need to find a winning PoE of 2, but it also doesn't make a lot of sense to treat both PoE candidates equally when you know only one of them can be the wolf.
The PoE started at 3 people, with 3 phases available to solve them. It may seem unbecoming to just trial and error, but that already took place (with Syn). Wavering is losing the solve out of sight, logistically.

Regarding what you previously asked, I can try to find an answer tomorrow, if the phase hasn’t been hammered. I don’t think I can commit at midnight now.
POEs as a concept in a game that is basically mountainous is not binary. Process of elimination should culminate into best guesses, but literally no one can be eliminated from the suspicion list without mech

You are seeming to operate under the assumption that bing bang boom the solve is set in stone, but have a hard time coming to the possibility that you yourself could be in the POE of town. Because as you know, at least one of falcon/myself is town

Which of us is being manipulative and which is being manipulated?

Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Scotty wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:00 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:50 pm

>snip<

For some reason I was miscontruing ‘one of them as town’ as tmi when he said we were both in the poe.

I got excited but also my logic was completely wrong. So he didn’t slip there
Okay. I was asking that question from the POV of reading you as well, and I think that thought progression looks somewhat good.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

I still think Rico bussing Epi wouldn’t be good strategy, but it might not matter as much as I thought it did. What matters more is if Rico would think it was good strategy and I don’t have much of an idea whether he would. One thing that is imo a slightly good point for Rico around Epi is that he didn’t do more to bury Epi and maximize cred. He just said Epi looked worse and left it at that.
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Scotty wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:04 pm
POEs as a concept in a game that is basically mountainous is not binary. Process of elimination should culminate into best guesses, but literally no one can be eliminated from the suspicion list without mech

You are seeming to operate under the assumption that bing bang boom the solve is set in stone, but have a hard time coming to the possibility that you yourself could be in the POE of town. Because as you know, at least one of falcon/myself is town

Which of us is being manipulative and which is being manipulated?
You are, in principle, correct, and I wish I would approach this more "fairly", if that's your issue. But my angle is 3 phases, 3 shots, wolf smoked out. It's good enough. It's mathematical enough.

Failure of this angle is likely, but then it will be cuz of a wolf-wolf wagon (which I would interpret as less likely) or of straight up reverse psych (which is extreme to contemplate, and extremely difficult to solve).

As for the question:

a. same to what I said to thunal, I'd prefer to try an in-depth answer later toDay

b. I'd like to state that "manipulated" may be in fact murky to ascertain, since you both seem to have built this angle on your own; I don't recall or would need to revisit any instance of one of you sheeping the other's point

c. I'd like you to restate the case from this; falcon gave an answer, at least; you, why not?

Enter thread

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Thunal33 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:45 pm I still think Rico bussing Epi wouldn’t be good strategy, but it might not matter as much as I thought it did. What matters more is if Rico would think it was good strategy and I don’t have much of an idea whether he would. One thing that is imo a slightly good point for Rico around Epi is that he didn’t do more to bury Epi and maximize cred. He just said Epi looked worse and left it at that.
I'll be the first to say that is within range for a bus.

My virtue call of not being wolf is not that I killed Epig in the tiebkreak.

My virtue call of not being wolf is that I did not sink you, given that the timing and tally I arrived had that on a plate. Press the button, cook up a sentence, or just vote etc.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Ricochet wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:57 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:45 pm I still think Rico bussing Epi wouldn’t be good strategy, but it might not matter as much as I thought it did. What matters more is if Rico would think it was good strategy and I don’t have much of an idea whether he would. One thing that is imo a slightly good point for Rico around Epi is that he didn’t do more to bury Epi and maximize cred. He just said Epi looked worse and left it at that.
I'll be the first to say that is within range for a bus.

My virtue call of not being wolf is not that I killed Epig in the tiebkreak.

My virtue call of not being wolf is that I did not sink you, given that the timing and tally I arrived had that on a plate. Press the button, cook up a sentence, or just vote etc.

This is TMI

IMO

Return to “Previous Rackets”