S~V~S
13%
Seanzie
13%
No elimination
No votes
No vote
No votes
Mindless destruction of historical sites (spec)
38%

Total votes: 8
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Re: The Late Bronze Age Collapse [Day 2]

Post by Seanzie »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:51 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:49 pm
LinearPoint wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:39 pm It's also possible Epignosis is lying about not using their ability and is just a Roleblocker who hit a non-Power Role night 1.
Why would I lie about that? I could keep my mouth shut.
And that makes even less sense.

If I'm a mafia role blocker, and Guillotine over here is the parity cop, I'm targeting Guillotine with that.
Did you believe Guillo's claim yesterday?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 112

Post by Epignosis »

But to hell with powers. I still believe in the power of reading posts.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
LinearPoint
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 111

Post by LinearPoint »

So here's a thought. There is 7 people alive, 4 of which are claiming a Power Role.

We could shoot into the 3 non-Power claims to try and kill a Mafia Goon (At least I highly doubt Mafia would get 2 Power Roles and there be only 2 Town-aligned Power Role). Although this does rely on at least 3 of the Power Role clams to be Town.

How likely does everyone think there would only be 3 Power Roles? Making it so 2 of the claims are real and 2 of the claims are Mafia Goon + Mafia Power Role?

If we do trust there is at least 3 Power Roles for Town in the setup there is statistically a stronger chance of killing a Mafia Goon in S~V~S, MR, and Falcon than shooting one of the Power Roles. It's not foolproof by any means, but an idea.
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Seanzie wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:55 pm
LinearPoint wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:39 pm It's also possible Epignosis is lying about not using their ability and is just a Roleblocker who hit a non-Power Role night 1.

If I'm a mafia role blocker, and Guillotine over here is the parity cop, I'm targeting Guillotine with that.
Not until I asked for clarification. Then I had to think about it.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: The Late Bronze Age Collapse [Day 1]

Post by Epignosis »

Going back to this post:
Epignosis wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:31 pm
Guillotine wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:54 pm Town

Michelle

Null

Seanzie
Cat

Scum

DrWilgy
SvS

Spicy read

LinearPoint could be whiteknighting me.
Guillotine wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:54 pm And I would vote out SvS as self preservation if the wagons remain like this until EoD, but I'd prefer one in Michelle/Wilgy
You don't require permission to vote out S~V~S if the first post is real. It isn't. You're a liar. You're mafia.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Please talk about this post. That one above my head. Right there. Yep. You can see it. Ask a tall fellow to reach it if you can't.
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

Whp would Guillotine's partner be if they were wolf? I was thinking it had to be Epignosis, but does anyone have meta on Epignosis to know if they tend to bus this hard day 2?
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

LinearPoint wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:59 pm Whp would Guillotine's partner be if they were wolf? I was thinking it had to be Epignosis, but does anyone have meta on Epignosis to know if they tend to bus this hard day 2?
:disappoint:
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

I actually can see a world where MR votes Guillotine day 1 without going full bus mode making a hard accusation.

Guillotine's push onto MR "perspective slipping" when all MR did was imply they Town read me and SVS did feel odd and could actually just be more distancing.

The other option IMO would have to be falcon who voted on neither SVS or Guillotine's wagon taking a neutral stance to the scenario.
ImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

LinearPoint wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:56 pm So here's a thought. There is 7 people alive, 4 of which are claiming a Power Role.

We could shoot into the 3 non-Power claims to try and kill a Mafia Goon (At least I highly doubt Mafia would get 2 Power Roles and there be only 2 Town-aligned Power Role). Although this does rely on at least 3 of the Power Role clams to be Town.

How likely does everyone think there would only be 3 Power Roles? Making it so 2 of the claims are real and 2 of the claims are Mafia Goon + Mafia Power Role?

If we do trust there is at least 3 Power Roles for Town in the setup there is statistically a stronger chance of killing a Mafia Goon in S~V~S, MR, and Falcon than shooting one of the Power Roles. It's not foolproof by any means, but an idea.
Most heists I've played have been 2 town PRs with 1 mafia PR, and usually are 13ers or bigger. I know the site recently relaxed the heist standards, so I'm not sure what to expect, but even 4 PRs in a 10er feels weird. Regardless, I'mma vote for who I think is most likely mafia, claims considered.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:56 pm

What did you ask for clarification about?

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Seanzie wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:08 pm

Epignosis wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:54 pm
Guillotine wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:50 pm Harclaim Parity Cop
Is the description in the link below an accurate description of your role?

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/da ... rity%20Cop
Guillotine wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:06 pm Yes but mine is limited
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

Seanzie wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:07 pm
LinearPoint wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:56 pm So here's a thought. There is 7 people alive, 4 of which are claiming a Power Role.

Most heists I've played have been 2 town PRs with 1 mafia PR, and usually are 13ers or bigger. I know the site recently relaxed the heist standards, so I'm not sure what to expect, but even 4 PRs in a 10er feels weird. Regardless, I'mma vote for who I think is most likely mafia, claims considered.
That's kind of why I was wondering. 4 claims with 2 being unconformable felt a bit weird. Do you think it's possible 2 Mafia are claiming a Power Role right now?
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Oh dear lord. A power role doesn't mean you're a civilian. Claiming that doesn't mean anything.

I claimed because I fucked up.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:58 pm Going back to this post:
Epignosis wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:31 pm
Guillotine wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:54 pm Town

Michelle

Null

Seanzie
Cat

Scum

DrWilgy
SvS

Spicy read

LinearPoint could be whiteknighting me.
Guillotine wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:54 pm And I would vote out SvS as self preservation if the wagons remain like this until EoD, but I'd prefer one in Michelle/Wilgy
You don't require permission to vote out S~V~S if the first post is real. It isn't. You're a liar. You're mafia.
I looked at Guillo's ISO inbetween these posts, and he does speak in length about Michelle. Naming his earlier top town here over SVS isn't so surprising considering how much effort he put into pushing MIchelle after the reads list. However, I don't see much at all about SVS between these posts. @Guillotine what changed with regards to SVS here during D1?

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:10 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:08 pm

Epignosis wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:54 pm
Is the description in the link below an accurate description of your role?

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/da ... rity%20Cop
Guillotine wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:06 pm Yes but mine is limited
Oh, i thought you were saying you asked the host for clarification on something. This makes sense.

LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:13 pm Oh dear lord. A power role doesn't mean you're a civilian. Claiming that doesn't mean anything.

I claimed because I fucked up.
I know that. I'm saying that I'm trying to think about role dynamics.

Honestly the more I think about it the more Parity Cop does seem like the odd one out here. Vigilante + Jailkeeper makes sense to both be in the game regardless of either their alignments since Jailkeeper can stop the Vigilante kill in 2 ways.

But Parity Cop and Jailkeeper/Roleblocker seem to fundamentally not coexist IMO. Roleblocking a Parity Cop is just so extremely punishing that I don't see a world where there is a Parity Cop and a Roleblocking role of any kind, even if it were a Mafia Jailkeeper/Roleblocker. I've seen Cops + Roleblockers, but Parity Cop gets doubly screwed over by it, plus Guillotine is claiming a further limitation beyond being susceptible to a Night 1 Jailkeep.

So the problem I'm having in my head is that it feels like one of Guillotine and Epignosis are lying. Setupwise both being true seems highly unlikely.
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I just think this:

1) A Parity Cop makes next to no sense in this setup.
2) Guillotine doesn't act like a Parity Cop.
3) Guillotine didn't die.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

A LIMITED parity cop, might I add.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

LinearPoint wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:21 pm So the problem I'm having in my head is that it feels like one of Guillotine and Epignosis are lying. Setupwise both being true seems highly unlikely.
What reason do I have to lie, and what is my endgame scenario if I did?
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

LinearPoint wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:11 pm

That's kind of why I was wondering. 4 claims with 2 being unconformable felt a bit weird. Do you think it's possible 2 Mafia are claiming a Power Role right now?
Possible? Yes. Likely? That's harder to tell. I think Guillo is just outed at this point, and if I GTH I'd say you and Epi are probably fine. Epi's claim is just straight up weird if coming from scum - it was completely unnecessary, he was under no heat, his claim is the sort of "bad" that actually looks good, etc. My one issue with Epi is that if he is a disruptive role, it would be a good counter to my own role, but the way he's playing it is... well... If he is mafia here, his claim is working. I've already mentioned my tinfoil of you, but I don't feel the need to chase that with bigger fish out there. I'm noting this though for if Guillo flips wolf.

LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:24 pm
LinearPoint wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:21 pm So the problem I'm having in my head is that it feels like one of Guillotine and Epignosis are lying. Setupwise both being true seems highly unlikely.
I mean if you are lying here the scenario would just be as follows.

You fake claim (or maybe really are a Mafia Jailkeeper idk) with the intent to out a real Parity Cop.
Of course this is pretty much a 1 for 1 between you two so you'd be executed day 3 after Guillotine is outed.
Then we would just wind up in an endgame where it's 2 Town and 1 Mafia, that Mafia being whoever your partner is

There is certainly reason to do what you are doing as a wolf.

Of course there is the tinfoil world where you are wolf and Guillotine is your partner you are doing some big brain plays claiming a role that basically just mechanically CCs the mere existence of your partner's fake claim. In that case, I would say well done that's a good play I wouldn't have expected. :beer:
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

LinearPoint wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:34 pm

You fake claim (or maybe really are a Mafia Jailkeeper idk) with the intent to out a real Parity Cop.
Of course this is pretty much a 1 for 1 between you two so you'd be executed day 3 after Guillotine is outed.
Then we would just wind up in an endgame where it's 2 Town and 1 Mafia, that Mafia being whoever your partner is

Of course there is the tinfoil world where you are wolf and Guillotine is your partner you are doing some big brain plays claiming a role that basically just mechanically CCs the mere existence of your partner's fake claim. In that case, I would say well done that's a good play I wouldn't have expected. :beer:
Or, I don't know. Crazy idea here. Wild ass crazy idea. I just kill Guillotine and nip that in the bud.
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

Seanzie wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:30 pm
LinearPoint wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:11 pm

Possible? Yes. Likely? That's harder to tell. I think Guillo is just outed at this point, and if I GTH I'd say you and Epi are probably fine. Epi's claim is just straight up weird if coming from scum - it was completely unnecessary, he was under no heat, his claim is the sort of "bad" that actually looks good, etc. My one issue with Epi is that if he is a disruptive role, it would be a good counter to my own role, but the way he's playing it is... well... If he is mafia here, his claim is working. I've already mentioned my tinfoil of you, but I don't feel the need to chase that with bigger fish out there. I'm noting this though for if Guillo flips wolf.
Yeah the unpromptedness of the claim does lean credence towards Epi being the legit one of the two.
ImageImage
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:36 pm

Or, I don't know. Crazy idea here. Wild ass crazy idea. I just kill Guillotine and nip that in the bud.
Hey, you asked for the world where you were fake claiming. I was just giving the world. Don't shoot the conspiracy theorist.
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

For someone who is adamant about the "world" where I'm a teammate with Guillotine, you're wildly adamant about keeping Guillotine alive.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

I'm having a hard time following this. How would Epi's claim out a "real parity cop" and if Guillo isn't real, why would he be town, and why would you expect another parity cop? I also don't really get the motive - Epi hasn't been a hot topic, so this play only makes sense if Epi's partner is Guillo, but then outing a real parity cop would blow the whole plan up.

LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

Seanzie wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:39 pm

I'm having a hard time following this. How would Epi's claim out a "real parity cop" and if Guillo isn't real, why would he be town, and why would you expect another parity cop? I also don't really get the motive - Epi hasn't been a hot topic, so this play only makes sense if Epi's partner is Guillo, but then outing a real parity cop would blow the whole plan up.
It was the hypothetical of Epi fake claiming. I was just saying in that world Epi would have to be fake claiming because they believe Guillotine is a Parity Cop (real in this context is being used to say Guillotine is not lying).

To be clear it's not what I believe is going on here. I guess I should have used sarcasm or something, but it was mostly a half joking response to Epi saying there would be no world where they were lying and I was just giving a world where it could be possible. I still do think Epi is just telling the truth over Guillotine though. Especially since Guillotine was so adamant that claiming day 1 meant that anyone who CCd them day 2 would be confirmed evil as though they were preparing for the counter claim beforehand.
ImageImage
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

Maybe I should just stop posting the deranged conspiracy theories in my head. Clearly is just confuses the sane people of this world.
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

LinearPoint wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:43 pm I still do think Epi is just telling the truth over Guillotine though. Especially since Guillotine was so adamant that claiming day 1 meant that anyone who CCd them day 2 would be confirmed evil as though they were preparing for the counter claim beforehand.
Then...

why...

won't...

you...

vote...

Guillotine?
LinearPoint
Money Launderer

Post by LinearPoint »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:46 pm
LinearPoint wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:43 pm I still do think Epi is just telling the truth over Guillotine though. Especially since Guillotine was so adamant that claiming day 1 meant that anyone who CCd them day 2 would be confirmed evil as though they were preparing for the counter claim beforehand.
Then...

why...

won't...

you...

vote...

Guillotine?
There's no hammers, we're not in a rush atm. I do still want to here Guillotine's response to your claim.

Though yeah, I suppose I can just vote. It doesn't really matter when.

[VOTE: Guillotine] aubergine
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Cool.

I'm fucking off to bed. Last night was fun but goddamn am I forty.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:48 pm Cool.

I'm fucking off to bed. Last night was fun but goddamn am I forty.
Happy belated birthday btw! Sleep well!

Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 57

Post by Master Radishes »

My thoughts on the claims:

Guillo's has always been the most suspect to me. Parity cop is such an easy safe claim for a wolf to make, since we can't prove nor disprove it very easily. And the way he went about it just rubbed me the wrong way. I should probably go dig for quotes to show what I mean, but it came across like he was trying to pretend to hint but was actually screaming to make sure we saw the hints. And now with info on other roles I agree it maybe fits least well in the setup, although I'm hesitant to make that sort of read.

Seanzie's claim is believable, but damn, the choice of vig shot could definitely be a bold wolf. I can understand finding reasons not to shoot the counterwagons, but why not a low poster like me instead then? Shooting an active, contributing player for 'paranoia' is a bit bleh. That sort of thing could be an excuse to get rid of a loud voice and find refuge in audacity. But it does feel strange to give the mafia an extra KP in a small setup like this, and Seanzie sounds believable, so this is mostly me thinking out loud in case of the game getting hard later.

Epi's role is commonly a scum one, but his entire manner of claiming, even just the choice to, feels lacking in scum agenda.

I don't really question LinearPoint's claim. There's evidence it's true. I don't think the scum team in a small game like this would get such a role as it takes away from town's limited options to find scum.
Master Radishes
Hitman

On a side note, I can't remember when exactly Heists changed requirements,and my 30 seconds of looking for an announcement proved futile, but I feel like it was a year or more ago? Not that it matters. I just also sat here earlier this round about to make a post about the three claimed roles and then remembering it was no longer three maximum.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Guillotine wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:39 am Game ends in 14 hours, if in 4 hours momentum has not changed, i will have no choice but to claim.
Guillotine wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:27 am Plus i know for a fact im not gonna be eliminated so, you may as well just vote your other scum read.
This just feels really awkward. 14h to go and he basically claims but without claiming, 13h to go and he again screams HINT HINT, and 8h to go and he finally hardclaims after Michelle and I push him to. He was around at EoD, when a claim normally occurs.

Guillo is a player who in many ways approaches Mafia differently than I do, but I just feel this is not how a town handles this? Like the whole mindset of 'I'm not going to be eliminated' usually makes a townie feel quietly confident, but Guillo doesn't come across as quietly confident in his security. The timing is very early for someone who was going to be around at EoD, when normally people wait a bit to see if they can avoid claiming (since a town PR doesn't want to if possible).
Master Radishes
Hitman

Anyway, I'm happy for Guillo to be the chop today. I'm going to contentedly sit here not voting him so that if he flips red you can all debate if I'm his partner tomorrow.
Guillotine
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 283
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: King of Bastard Games

Post by Guillotine »

oh well, we lost this game then
Awards

Played
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

LinearPoint wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:58 pm
Guillotine wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:51 pm I was not questioning cat getting yeeted organically but if you had something to do with it through mechanics, you must get killed even though cat was in my poe.
Question. Why not use your Cop check on me then and out SVS? You were already putting SVS at the top of your wolf reads end of yesterday. I killed another one of your wolf reads.

My alignment is not really contingent on SVS's alignment. If they are a wolf then I could easily be a mislead Town or their Mafia partner

I do not agree that if i were a Mafia Doublevoter I would out today or even entertain the idea I could be one. I would just have staid silent and made it seem like SVS was a Doublevoter.

I think that, from the perspective of a Parity Cop, going for me over SVS does not make a whole lot of sense. Why go after the Power Role claim? When Power Roles are great people to check as a Cop of any kind and I don't see how you refuse to entertain the idea I could be Town who accidentally saved a wolf.
What makes you think I didn't check you?
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:20 pm As things stand, I don't believe a word that comes from Guillotine.

A "parity cop" was something I'd never heard of. Fine.

JJJ has never said that phrase on this site. Fine.

It's been mentioned four times in over a decade. Four. Fine.

A "limited use parity cop" is hilarious though. A parity cop is ALREADY by it's nature limited.

I hesitated Day 1 on Guillotine because my own role was limited. To me that spoke of a level of honesty that gave me pause.

Instead, I think Guillotine or Guillotine's partner has a limited role that provided Guillotine with knowledge that limited roles were in play.

[VOTE: Guillotine] aubergine
o you dont scum read me, you just think parity cop can't exist, not a real scum read, if we lose, we lose because you meta games the host not because you scum read me. Get wrecked.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:30 pm I think I'm correct that the team is S~V~S and Guillotine.
So you think that I as scum try to defend a poed wolf instead pf going for the bus?

Ask anyone here whom has played with me, I bus for cred to go deep.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Seanzie wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:38 pm
LinearPoint wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:32 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:59 pm
Guillotine wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:43 pm And if Seanzie is town, it is obvious Seanzie is the vig, who is voting me because i cannot be a pr with him according to his beliefs.

@Seanzie

This is why i townread you yesterday but i dont care about keeping your secret no more! So why did you kill Wilgy if you scum read me yesterday?
Well, looks like the cat's out of the bag.

I don't believe you townread me for that yesterday. I was/am legit busy with the start of the semester, and would have low-posted regardless of my role. I didn't shoot you because I thought it was better to see if you'd self-resolve, and you AtE'd in a way that made me really doubt my read on you. I thought about shooting SVS, but I kinda believed how they were willing to throw themselves under the bus to save a claimed PR. Wilgy OTOH is someone who can snow town single-handedly, and in the world where I was wrong on you, I thought they were most likely wolf.

How did you know I shot Wilgy and not Michelle?
You know I looked at both night kills, saw you were scum reading them both, then just wrote you down as Vigilante lol. I didn't think you'd actually claim it though.
I didn't scumread either yesterday? I only decided on Wilgy after deliberating during night. I didn't feel good about shooting at the obvious choices (Guillo/SVS), so I looked into Wilgy and decided to shoot him.
If this guy is the vig, he is the mafia vig or a serial killer. Game solved
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

[VOTE: Seanzie] aubergine
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

LinearPoint wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:39 pm I will say a 2-shot Parity Cop (even though Guillotine never claimed their limitation) isn't completely unheard of and impossible. It'd be mostly as a just in case limitation not really because the host would ever expect them to be getting 3 checks off.

But a Night 1 Jailkeeper is an interesting claim in the setup that we know so far. There'd be 8 targets for night 1 (assuming you can't just jail yourself), with 2 killers and 2 kills that is about a 50% chance to prevent a death Night 1. Which is actually kind of believable. Although I'm not sure about a Parity Cop alongside a Night 1 Jailkeeper, Parity Cop already has a hard enough time getting 2 checks off, a roleblock in the mix to completely shut it down is almost unfair IMO.

It's possible Guillotine is a Role Cop and Epignosis is telling the truth. It's also possible Epignosis is lying about not using their ability and is just a Roleblocker who hit a non-Power Role night 1. There could still be an unclaimed Power Role somewhere, but I think we've checked all the boxes with a protective/roleblock claim, a information claim, a vote manipulation claim, and a killing claim. I would be surprised if we don't have a town-aligned investigative role to be honest and the fact Guillotine isn't being CCd though does point towards them being legitimate.
If you are town stop talking about mechanics and play real mafia, am i scum for my behavior? Have I have agenda?
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Seanzie wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:44 pm
LinearPoint wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:40 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:38 pm
LinearPoint wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:32 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:59 pm
Guillotine wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:43 pm And if Seanzie is town, it is obvious Seanzie is the vig, who is voting me because i cannot be a pr with him according to his beliefs.

@Seanzie

This is why i townread you yesterday but i dont care about keeping your secret no more! So why did you kill Wilgy if you scum read me yesterday?
Well, looks like the cat's out of the bag.

I don't believe you townread me for that yesterday. I was/am legit busy with the start of the semester, and would have low-posted regardless of my role. I didn't shoot you because I thought it was better to see if you'd self-resolve, and you AtE'd in a way that made me really doubt my read on you. I thought about shooting SVS, but I kinda believed how they were willing to throw themselves under the bus to save a claimed PR. Wilgy OTOH is someone who can snow town single-handedly, and in the world where I was wrong on you, I thought they were most likely wolf.

How did you know I shot Wilgy and not Michelle?
You know I looked at both night kills, saw you were scum reading them both, then just wrote you down as Vigilante lol. I didn't think you'd actually claim it though.
I didn't scumread either yesterday? I only decided on Wilgy after deliberating during night. I didn't feel good about shooting at the obvious choices (Guillo/SVS), so I looked into Wilgy and decided to shoot him.
Sorry, I noted down you questioned them both for RVSing with you at the start of day one, but for some reason colored the note red so I mistook it for a scum read.
Huh... yeah they were the two people who sheeped me onto Guillo, and I did find that strange at the time. It was early enough though that those feelings faded, and didn't come into play when deciding what I should do at night.
Seanzie would have killed me if he really believed I was lying.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

It supports the idea that it is too mech heavy for a heist game, but I do believe you.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Why didn't you jailkept me if you also thought i was scum with SvS then?
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

LinearPoint wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:59 pm Whp would Guillotine's partner be if they were wolf? I was thinking it had to be Epignosis, but does anyone have meta on Epignosis to know if they tend to bus this hard day 2?
He is obviously not jailkeeper, he is baiting the night kill.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

LinearPoint wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:05 pm I actually can see a world where MR votes Guillotine day 1 without going full bus mode making a hard accusation.

Guillotine's push onto MR "perspective slipping" when all MR did was imply they Town read me and SVS did feel odd and could actually just be more distancing.

The other option IMO would have to be falcon who voted on neither SVS or Guillotine's wagon taking a neutral stance to the scenario.
If I was scum here there is no chance in hell I let a zero poster bus me
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:22 pm I just think this:

1) A Parity Cop makes next to no sense in this setup.
2) Guillotine doesn't act like a Parity Cop.
3) Guillotine didn't die.
I was not killed to push this.

Look at the kills, Michelle and Wilgy whom both pushed me early day 1 and one of them actually parked on me.
You'd think if I was mafia I wouldn't do the kills that point straight at me, but maybe I suck at mafia now.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes

Return to “Previous Heists”