Ranmilia
No votes
tedxtr
No votes
No elimination
No votes
No vote / Unvote
No votes
Needing AppleTV subscription (non-players)
36%

Total votes: 11
RondoDimBuckle
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 387
Preferred Pronouns: Rondo/RondoDimBuckle
Aka: Rondo

Re: Severance [Evening One]

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Have a moment to share a thought ive been thinking. What if I have a +1 against me for breaking the rules? Did anyone else with a +1 break a rule?
ImageImage
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
I'm not dumb I just don't know things.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 166

Post by MacDougall »

Ranmilia wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:08 pm I mean we don't technically have to consolidate Right Now, but we do need to do it and no time like the present. Bereft was already the spiritual vote, I think that was going unspoken, but I keep on learning that things I think are obvious and going unspoken do in fact need to be spoken.
I do not agree to the bereft vote. Schweppes is a terrible day 1.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

pyxxy wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:11 pm dang and I really like Bereft's play in this game

play ≠ substance for the record

I'm just a sucker for putting on airs

[VOTE: Bereft] aubergine
Nah dog this doesn't pass the vibe check at all. Like I kind of townread you til now but this is egregious.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

leetic wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:28 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:27 pm
leetic wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:25 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:06 pm
leetic wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:05 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:53 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:36 pm I've caught up and retained almost nothing I read this is bad

But I'm starting to think Dyslexicon might actually be town lol
I don't buy that Dyslexicon is incapable of making that long post as mafia. It was perhaps slightly towny, so I buy you placing too much emphasis on it though.
Can you elaborate on what you found "slightly towny"?
Effort level. The Gira read was okay. Their treatment of you lacked agenda.
If you find that post "slightly towny", why are you still voting for Dyslexicon?
I voted for Dyslexicon when I made my initial read.

They made a slightly towny post.

Dyslexicon as mafia is capable of slightly towny posts.

They otherwise have not yet moved the needle enough for me to move the vote.
If you had to move off of Dyslexicon, who would you vote?
And you now have your answer.
pyxxy
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 390
Preferred Pronouns: he or they

Post by pyxxy »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:20 am
pyxxy wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:11 pm dang and I really like Bereft's play in this game

play ≠ substance for the record

I'm just a sucker for putting on airs

[VOTE: Bereft] aubergine
Nah dog this doesn't pass the vibe check at all. Like I kind of townread you til now but this is egregious.
okay
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 363
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/they

Post by Ranmilia »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:19 am
Ranmilia wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:08 pm I mean we don't technically have to consolidate Right Now, but we do need to do it and no time like the present. Bereft was already the spiritual vote, I think that was going unspoken, but I keep on learning that things I think are obvious and going unspoken do in fact need to be spoken.
Terrible?
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 1023
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:16 am Have a moment to share a thought ive been thinking. What if I have a +1 against me for breaking the rules? Did anyone else with a +1 break a rule?
Abby considered self-voting but didn't go through with it. If we were getting votes for breaking rules, I'm pretty sure I'd have one now.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:16 am Have a moment to share a thought ive been thinking. What if I have a +1 against me for breaking the rules? Did anyone else with a +1 break a rule?
what rule did you break?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

robyn wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:01 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:53 pm
Ranmilia wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:13 pm @MacDougall Can you explain like I'm 5 how you think Robyn has not been towny?
In Robyn I do not see someone who has an agenda to solve the mafia game, but I see someone who has an agenda to appear like they are town and mostly just charm people.

The feeling I get from town Robyn is usually one that is more anxious and concerned with figuring out what everyone is up to. Town Robyn by process ends up getting overtly emotional and irritated.

Mafia Robyn has more emotional control over themselves, and they often end up one step ahead of everyone. They are particularly good at pocketing people by saying specific things that are designed to achieve that goal. For instance Robyn is aware that I have a predisposition for townreading people for lack of TMI and pushing me. Robyn threatened to scumread me earlier for daring to suspect them. But then they didn't, and chose to give me space instead.

I can sense in all of our interactions that Robyn is largely holding their breath and just trying to avoid having me outright bury them. Since I started posting all that Robyn has really done is crack jokes and react.
i am town, mafia is not obvious here. other people are making content and leetic is badgering people. i am trying to figure out where i went wrong because i currently townread everyone... which is also why my reads are worthless as of now

i am not anxious of you figuring out my alignment, if you did that would be good. specifically i am anxious of being pushed by you, i'm anxious of getting pushed by everyone really

if i had to make reads i would list gira at the bottom, but i also don't know how much i believe this

and i really don't qant to chop schweppes here anymore because if it comes down to me/him at eod this day won't end well

everything is a mess and i don't know what to fucking do
It's difficult for me to take this seriously when I wrote this in the post you are quoting...

"Town Robyn by process ends up getting overtly emotional and irritated."

Like ... I don't know whether to presume that like clockwork you're just evidencing your town self or whether you are just taking advantage of the meta I've presented and trying to garner the townread. So I have no real choice but to just disregard it.

And you've asked me no real questions here, you've just made a series of statements that I have mixed feelings about.

Gira seems exceedingly obvious town to me, and having him your highest suspect (or lowest town) doesn't seem plausible.

I agree that chopping Schweppes is not appropriate but I also note that one of my other wolfreads TSP has the same opinion, so while it'd be reasonable to give you points for mind melding with me on this, all it's really doing is making me question whether Bereft is actually a wolf given Ran and WWA are my top town and are the only ones voting there.

And I'll end by saying that being chopped isn't the world's worst outcome, the day has some time yet to go and crumbling whether you are mafia or town is not necessary. Yank your socks up and play the game with us, try to keep the ATE to a min cuz I'm not going to respond to it and you know that I know even if you aren't faking it, you can just switch it off immediately, so do.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ranmilia wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:24 am
Terrible?
Yes Schweppes in particular is a bad idea to be chopping day 1. He's an easy target when he gets into this mode, there is a towniness underneath the surface if you bother trying to read into what he's been saying and he gets better as the game goes on. If he's mafia his team are already positioned to extract max value from his demise, if he's town the mafia are already dining out on the clout from it. It's not my spiritual vote and shouldn't be anybody's.

The reasons that you might want to eliminate Bereft are well within his range as town, there is nothing wolf alignment indicative about him yet. He's at best null, and to me, slightly townie.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Brb got a meeting.
☆Princess Abigail☆
Posts in topic: 730
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

pyxxy wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:12 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:02 am Am I still getting voted
wdym
I was like top wagon but I'm too drunk to check
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:15 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:11 pm Ftr if Abigail is Neon I’m keeping the vote
Fake and you're outed
Hot

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

leetic wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:25 am
Abby considered self-voting but didn't go through with it. If we were getting votes for breaking rules, I'm pretty sure I'd have one now.
I'd do it if I could

ImageImage

Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:30 am
Ranmilia wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:24 am
Terrible?
Yes Schweppes in particular is a bad idea to be chopping day 1. He's an easy target when he gets into this mode, there is a towniness underneath the surface if you bother trying to read into what he's been saying and he gets better as the game goes on. If he's mafia his team are already positioned to extract max value from his demise, if he's town the mafia are already dining out on the clout from it. It's not my spiritual vote and shouldn't be anybody's.

The reasons that you might want to eliminate Bereft are well within his range as town, there is nothing wolf alignment indicative about him yet. He's at best null, and to me, slightly townie.
Well, that ain't what you said about him last night, and his content hasn't changed at all. (And yes I read in.) So the difference here is that you didn't know Bereft was Schweppes. So this is a "doing nothing is within their townrange" meta read and... i am really not a fan of those, i actually think those are wrong more often than not...

On the other hand.

[VOTE: Robyn] aubergine

@robyn You. Come back. Explain.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Not just that, but if you check my progression since then I have actually observed Bereft making abstract reads but they are real.

Also my initial read of Bereft wasn't "is naked mafia and we should just default to them".

And yes discovering that it was Schweppes changes how I feel about their intentionally weird behaviour. Why wouldn't it?
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:39 am
wdym
ill take your word for it
☆Princess Abigail☆

pyxxy wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:54 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:39 am
wdym
ill take your word for it
I will assume this means I'll not anymore

ImageImage

Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

Abigail, what are your vibes on Robyn?
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 262
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:04 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:07 pm If we are going to roll the dice better to do it on Abigail imo
I don't really think you can say that Ran and Robyn are self resolving and then say this is a better chop. Also I am townreading Abigail, why are you sheeping me townreading Gira but ignoring my townread on Abigail?
I didn’t know that slash am fickle slash have had independent developments in where I’d like to position my vote which I will blame on you
robyn
screaming
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by robyn »

Ranmilia wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:45 am @robyn You. Come back. Explain.
mac's incorrectly reading me, and incorrectly thinking that 1) i care to post anymore 2) if i did i could not ate while doing so

nothing to explain

cya d2
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:04 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:07 pm If we are going to roll the dice better to do it on Abigail imo
I don't really think you can say that Ran and Robyn are self resolving and then say this is a better chop. Also I am townreading Abigail, why are you sheeping me townreading Gira but ignoring my townread on Abigail?
Why are you poking the proverbial bear (is a question it’s too late to ask)?

By which I mean — given what I see as relatively true that Dizzy and the Ran/Robyn pair are susceptible to become solved through NKA, and as potential town they are (at least possibly) huge assets, why do you seem so eager to upset that?

The answer is, unlike me, you actually have to fear being killed on night 1 and therefore can’t hold concerns to voice later
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

But like really I just don’t understand what you’re doing

Meanwhile I’m wavering between voting for the two people I assume are the two highest posters
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:08 am But like really I just don’t understand what you’re doing

Meanwhile I’m wavering between voting for the two people I assume are the two highest posters
So me and Abby?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Huh WWA is like fourth
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

No Leetic you’re doing fine
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I remembered Neon’s play being qualitatively different from what I’m seeing here in the only game I remember playing with them but they were a wolf in hot dog and so that reason is faltering

I still think that’s a good spot to look
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Also I need Gira alive to keep me sane on day 4
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:15 am I remembered Neon’s play being qualitatively different from what I’m seeing here in the only game I remember playing with them but they were a wolf in hot dog and so that reason is faltering

And what don't you like about Windward?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Doesn’t seem towny on sniff test, bad thread position for town, good thread position for wolf, little attempt made to move game in forward direction (that’s towny for some people I don’t know them that well)
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Also I got the vibe I should expect them to be top poster / low impact archetype and they’re not top posting which is throwing me somewhat

Someone ought to point out the reverse applies to Abigail but I don’t think of Abigail/Neon as top poster low impact
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Time for my regular “it’s day 1 and Mac is suspecting me I will tinfoil for 30 seconds and then remember Mac always tries to pocket me as a wolf because I’ll do what he says”
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Ok Abigail is probably town
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Well theb
☆Princess Abigail☆

Ranmilia wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:04 am Abigail, what are your vibes on Robyn?
I'm voning robyn town tbh

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:15 am I remembered Neon’s play being qualitatively different from what I’m seeing here in the only game I remember playing with them but they were a wolf in hot dog and so that reason is faltering

Explain what's diff

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:36 am Ok Abigail is probably town
What changed

ImageImage

Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

- I don't know what I think about Robyn anymore. The things mac says are true or seem true. I have been disappointed in Robyn not really doing anything since we 'masoned' except going after Gira and Bereft. I don't know why their response to mac's pressure (in my eyes still only a moderate push, I've seen stronger from him) is so disproportionate. I don't know why they outed schweppes and insomnia's alts and I'd really like to understand that. I don't know why they think they survive to d2 now after going "smell ya later". I think mac is very town but if mac is right then robyn has pocketed me and what if mac is the one pocketing me.

- I want @pyxxy to post more. I'm not sure what I want them to post about. Literally anything, anyone. Come talk to me.

- TSP is a player who exists in this game.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:38 am

Explain what's diff
You had an edge about you in hot dog that you lack here, more game content and AtE (which granted, not allowed here)
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:39 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:36 am Ok Abigail is probably town
What changed
I made the archetype read on WWA and then felt stupid
☆Princess Abigail☆

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:41 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:38 am

Explain what's diff
You had an edge about you in hot dog that you lack here, more game content and AtE (which granted, not allowed here)
AtE bit being allowed had never stopped me before

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

I am townd though

ImageImage

Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

@Bereft You too Schweppedoodle. I liked your active posts in SCI, I like the RP, I don't like you posting one riddle a day, if you're town please come tell us where your head is at. Who be the mafia?
Bereft
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 184
Preferred Pronouns: He etc.

Post by Bereft »

When I finally snap out of it, I feel even sicker. I don't know if its the tabasco. I don't- out of the corner of my eye I think I see a shadow outside.

Time is running out, faster than I'd like to admit. I feel like I've already dodged multiple bullets.

I do the only thing I think can give answers, and maybe a way out.

*intermission*

I lay out everything of interest on the wooden table.

I remove the brick and cigarette immediately, not it. I turn towards to the locked box with her things in it. I can imagine her screaming rn, yelling, bemoaning. Try as I might, I cannot blame her for everything. Things had always been like this as far as my memory serves me.

I then look at the compass. Its pointing to her box. That's not right, its not her. I stare at the compass, willing it to point a different direction. The compass is reliable, it points North, but its pointing in the wrong direction and its frustrating.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

ok! I am home and now have an hour before I have to leave and do things
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

oh I forgot [VOTE: Leetic ] aubergine
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

pyxxy wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:26 am
what rule did you break?
self voted
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

Bereft wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:07 am When I finally snap out of it, I feel even sicker. I don't know if its the tabasco. I don't- out of the corner of my eye I think I see a shadow outside.

Time is running out, faster than I'd like to admit. I feel like I've already dodged multiple bullets.

I do the only thing I think can give answers, and maybe a way out.

*intermission*

I lay out everything of interest on the wooden table.

I remove the brick and cigarette immediately, not it. I turn towards to the locked box with her things in it. I can imagine her screaming rn, yelling, bemoaning. Try as I might, I cannot blame her for everything. Things had always been like this as far as my memory serves me.

I then look at the compass. Its pointing to her box. That's not right, its not her. I stare at the compass, willing it to point a different direction. The compass is reliable, it points North, but its pointing in the wrong direction and its frustrating.
What brand is the cigarette? What color the brick?
Bereft
Drug Dealer

Post by Bereft »

I put the compass to the side now and turn to the toy sword. Playful maybe, but when extricating it from its place, it nearly stabbed me. Its so childish, too childish. And why would it look like a sword? Too naked and obvious. Not that I'd ever trust it around me again.

By far the largest thing on the wooden table is the metal plate. I don't even know what its supposed to be a part of. I can't make heads or tails. I move on.

I turn to the carton of orange juice. Already I'm regretting my decision to do something. Why did I even take it out of the fridge? I take a sniff of whats inside. It gives off absolutely nothing. I sigh. I move on.

There's a doll. I move it off the table. I've learned my lesson about kewpie dolls.

Bath ducky? I hurl it off the table. It was that compass again, pointing out all of the wrong things. The bath ducky that refused to make any squeaky noses was the least of my problems.

The empty tabasco bottle glares at me. I glare back.

I stop, getting rather tired of all and look back to take stock.
At this point, theres only a stuffed animal, the tabasco bottle, the metal plate, the carton of orange juice, the toy sword, and ... the disco ball.

I still want to smash the disco ball. To smithereens.

Somehow I will need to take a more detailed look at things thats not just taking a metaphysical divining rod to everything.

~ Bereft
Bereft
Drug Dealer

Post by Bereft »

Marlboro, ofc. Red brick, ofc. ~ not Bereft

Return to “Previous Jobs”