Post by leetic »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:28 pm
leetic wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:27 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:24 pm
leetic wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:22 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:20 pm
leetic wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:18 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:17 pm

You can be both roles. Or you can be not Oracle but a mafia teammate might be.
If I'm really the silencer, how come there was no silence D1? My role succeeded, as can be confirmed by the mod post
You targeted Mac. Is there a better target for Wolves to silence?
If I was roleblocked N0, my Oracle ability would have been blocked as well, but it wasn't

Also, why would I try to silence Mac again after it failed? Wouldn't wolf!me find it more fruitful to silence you so you couldn't post any investigative results?
But you were roleblocked n2 and it worked. So why would you think it'd fail n0 if you were roleblocked?

And who said you tried to silence me the first time?

And LC was targeted with the NK imo.
If I didn't try to silence you, then why was there no silence D1? The only explanation would be me intentionally withholding my shot, but why would I not use such a powerful role as a wolf? Further, my role is 100% confirmable and it would be a mistake to lynch me today when we can get a larger sample size of information.
So you did try to silence me on n0? That seems to be what you're implying.
I'm not the fucking silencer, which should be obvious with just a slight application of Occam's razor. I'm just pointing out the obvious holes in logic of assuming I am when my ability is 100% confirmable
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 335
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Nat'l Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - Day 3

Post by Long Con »

robyn wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:28 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:25 pm
robyn wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:23 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:19 pm
robyn wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:16 pm LC, were u attacked?
Why are you belabouring this. I only got feedback cuz it's my role.
i hate, absolutely hate focusing on mech, but i wanted to know who was the nk. whether it was you or lc/rondo means something. if it was inside them then things are normal and how they should be. if it’s you then that means you were very close to the solve and like mafia weren’t worried about multiple town invest roles. and i thought you claimed that you were targeted for the kill at sod
It seems clear now that no one was informed they were attacked, and no one but the Wolves know who they failed to kill. :grin:
yeah, and if all 3 of you/mac/rondo were protected it’s a toss up but atm i’m gonna consider all of you clear again. i thought that mac kill indicated one/two in you rondo/scotty tbh. cause the NK’s were fuck-y
It would be fuck-y for Mac to be kill-targeted, both because Rondo and I were clearly big mech threats, and because Mac has stated.... and it's backed up... that targeting him gets blocked.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

leetic wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:30 pm

If I'm really the silencer, how come there was no silence D1? My role succeeded, as can be confirmed by the mod post
If I was roleblocked N0, my Oracle ability would have been blocked as well, but it wasn't

Also, why would I try to silence Mac again after it failed? Wouldn't wolf!me find it more fruitful to silence you so you couldn't post any investigative results?
But you were roleblocked n2 and it worked. So why would you think it'd fail n0 if you were roleblocked?

If I didn't try to silence you, then why was there no silence D1? The only explanation would be me intentionally withholding my shot, but why would I not use such a powerful role as a wolf? Further, my role is 100% confirmable and it would be a mistake to lynch me today when we can get a larger sample size of information.
I'm not the fucking silencer, which should be obvious with just a slight application of Occam's razor. I'm just pointing out the obvious holes in logic of assuming I am when my ability is 100% confirmable
Does that logic apply if we were to theorize that a teammate of yours is the silencer? Or vice versa, you silence and they Oracle?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 494

Post by MacDougall »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:28 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:26 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:25 pm The speed of that double denial
He more or less just admitted to targeting me with silence on n0 as well mind you. Which was not previously confirmed.
I just feel like... okay this is dumb I think but I've been thinking on it and every defense seems to be well the mod said blah and I'm wondering if the reason they have these mod baked defenses is a role
I know what you were thinking.

Ultimately he's saying.

"If I was Mafia silencer that means I targeted you on n0 and failed because what other reason can there be for no silence on d1. But I successfully used my role on day 1 so I was clearly not roleblocked because otherwise it'd have failed, but I was roleblocked n2 and my role worked."

So he's contradicted himself anyway because his own self defense argument is defeated by his own claim to have been roleblocked n2 with his role having worked.

He's hiding behind information advantage. I'd say the implication is more likely something like the silence is a factional action that can be carried or maybe even the mod poster is a factional.
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:25 pm The speed of that double denial
He more or less just admitted to targeting me with silence on n0 as well mind you. Which was not previously confirmed.
I just feel like... okay this is dumb I think but I've been thinking on it and every defense seems to be well the mod said blah and I'm wondering if the reason they have these mod baked defenses is a role
My role is fucking mod-confirmed, why would I not use the strongest defenses available to me? You're ignoring basic mechanical info to try to build a case on me
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Host confirms no silence.
You confirm you were roleblocked.
I confirm I was targeted and successfully blocked someone.
Your role is a non threatening passive so you shouldn't be a mafia roleblock target.

Occam's razor doesn't say what you think it does. It says you're mafia silencer.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:31 pm
I know what you were thinking.

Ultimately he's saying.

"If I was Mafia silencer that means I targeted you on n0 and failed because what other reason can there be for no silence on d1. But I successfully used my role on day 1 so I was clearly not roleblocked because otherwise it'd have failed, but I was roleblocked n2 and my role worked."

So he's contradicted himself anyway because his own self defense argument is defeated by his own claim to have been roleblocked n2 with his role having worked.

He's hiding behind information advantage. I'd say the implication is more likely something like the silence is a factional action that can be carried or maybe even the mod poster is a factional.
Look at the fucking SoD update. It fucking basically confirms I was roleblockefd. Now look at the other two SoD updates. This isn't hard to understand.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

leetic wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:23 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:22 pm Is it possible mafia has a like announcement modifying role like they can make the host passively confirm things that aren't true?
"Town has no BTSC" and "One person was found to be town" seem like hyper-specific things to "confirm" if it's all fake
Or genius? Imagine: "Errrr.... I really hate to say this, but I'm Town and I have BTSC. I couldn't watch you go down the wrong path with the assumpions..."

LOL probably a big whatever, but it tickled me.
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 171
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Leetic LC + whatever I dunno how many wolfs are in this set up
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
Spoiler: show
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:34 pm Leetic LC + whatever I dunno how many wolfs are in this set up
Drink your juice, honey.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:33 pm

Your role is a non threatening passive so you shouldn't be a mafia roleblock target.

Occam's razor doesn't say what you think it does. It says you're mafia silencer.
I can end up confirming things, not exactly a role that doesn't threaten mafia. Plus, you are using it to build a case on me, is it hard to see a motive here? Plus, my roleblock (or at least my ability failing) is effectively confirmed in the SoD post, while it wasn't in the other two, including D1 where there was no silence. It's only bad-faith interpretations of my posts and willful ignorance of mechanical information that can lead you to that interpretation.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:33 pm

The logic is flawed here, Mac.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

As in, it doesn't point to Leetic as the silencer. All you have is that it's highly unlikely he was roleblocked.

But the hosts also said there's something that got switched. Maybe they didn't intend to roleblock him.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

"If I was Mafia silencer and failed what other reason can there be for no silence d1?"

I wasn't targeted n0 in retrospect. I had no mod confirmation until today so n2 is the first night I was actually targeted by anyone in this game.

You having been roleblocked by your own admission on n2 but your role still working negates the argument that your d1 host message would have failed if you were stopped n0.

Therefore the lack of day 1 silence can be explained via a few means.

1. You were roleblocked by someone else in the act of targeting someone else.
2. The silence role was not usable on n0 (which makes sense cuz imagine being silenced on day 1 like...)
3. The silence is an odd night mafia ability not an even night one.
4. The silence is part of a set of joat abilities ie. has to be selected.
5. The silence is not a mafia role at all and you aren't the silencer and reality is an illusion or some other this whole thing is a mistake based argument.

What's more important to me is you confirming you were blocked while having a role that mafia shouldnt prioritise blocking, me knowing I was targeted and you not being candid about having not targeted me.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Long Con wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:34 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:22 pm Is it possible mafia has a like announcement modifying role like they can make the host passively confirm things that aren't true?
"Town has no BTSC" and "One person was found to be town" seem like hyper-specific things to "confirm" if it's all fake
Or genius? Imagine: "Errrr.... I really hate to say this, but I'm Town and I have BTSC. I couldn't watch you go down the wrong path with the assumpions..."

I'd have to assume no masons, neighborizers, or lovers in a closed setup. Why would my first lie be something that can be confirmed false?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I do think the silencer targeted Mac, but the absence of Leetic's Oracle in the host post lends great credence to his claim of being blocked.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Mac, I targeted you N0.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

leetic wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:39 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:34 pm

I'd have to assume no masons, neighborizers, or lovers in a closed setup. Why would my first lie be something that can be confirmed false?
;) To EXPOSE the Town BTSC.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Long Con wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:40 pm Mac, I targeted you N0.
I did not receive host feedback I successfully prevented an ability being used on me until n2. You were blocked by some other means or the host forgot to give me feedback d1.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Check.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Long Con wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:39 pm I do think the silencer targeted Mac, but the absence of Leetic's Oracle in the host post lends great credence to his claim of being blocked.
Yeah but he can be roleblocked in the act of doing multiple things.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:38 pm "If I was Mafia silencer and failed what other reason can there be for no silence d1?"

I wasn't targeted n0 in retrospect. I had no mod confirmation until today so n2 is the first night I was actually targeted by anyone in this game.

You having been roleblocked by your own admission on n2 but your role still working negates the argument that your d1 host message would have failed if you were stopped n0.

2. The silence role was not usable on n0 (which makes sense cuz imagine being silenced on day 1 like...)
5. The silence is not a mafia role at all and you aren't the silencer and reality is an illusion or some other this whole thing is a mistake based argument.

What's more important to me is you confirming you were blocked while having a role that mafia shouldnt prioritise blocking, me knowing I was targeted and you not being candid about having not targeted me.
What do you mean my role was "still working"? Have you even read the SoD post?

1. If true, my ability would've failed N0 yet it worked.
2. The hosts explicitly said that only killing actions weren't usable N0.
3. If true, me being roleblocked tonight has absolutely no bearing on me being the potential silencer, as there would have been no silence regardless.
4. See number 3.
5. Was it really that hard?

I'm honestly wondering if town would really be this dense
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Long Con wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:42 pmCheck.
I am, of course.
☆Princess Abigail☆

Long Con wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:35 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:34 pm Leetic LC + whatever I dunno how many wolfs are in this set up
Drink your juice, honey.

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

leetic wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:42 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:38 pm "If I was Mafia silencer and failed what other reason can there be for no silence d1?"

3. If true, me being roleblocked tonight has absolutely no bearing on me being the potential silencer, as there would have been no silence regardless.
4. See number 3.

Trust me I've been dealing with your tunneling all game so if you are town you should know the answer to that through self reflection.
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 160

Post by tutuu »

"things were shuffled around"

Could there be a bus driver?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:42 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:39 pm I do think the silencer targeted Mac, but the absence of Leetic's Oracle in the host post lends great credence to his claim of being blocked.
I think it's unlikely that he's an Oracle-Silencer combo role.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:43 pm

4. See number 3.

Trust me I've been dealing with your tunneling all game so if you are town you should know the answer to that through self reflection.
[VOTE: MacDougall] aubergine

How's that for some "self-reflection"
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Long Con wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:45 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:42 pm
I think it's unlikely that he's an Oracle-Silencer combo role.
Mafia two function roles are common.

Mafia might not have specific roles and may only have factional roles.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Also love that you didn't respond to any of my arguments
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

leetic wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:46 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:43 pm

4. See number 3.

[VOTE: MacDougall] aubergine

How's that for some "self-reflection"
Rank stupidity.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

leetic wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:46 pm Also love that you didn't respond to any of my arguments
Lame.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:46 pm
leetic wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:46 pm Also love that you didn't respond to any of my arguments
Lame.
Yes, you not responding was lame
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
☆Princess Abigail☆

ImageImage

pyxxy
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 141
Preferred Pronouns: he or they

Post by pyxxy »

is the acronym CFTWR?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

leetic wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:47 pm
Lame.
No, you voting me for blatant town solving is lame.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

pyxxy wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:48 pm is the acronym CFTWR?
What
☆Princess Abigail☆

Caught for the wrong reasons?

ImageImage

pyxxy
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 141
Preferred Pronouns: he or they

Post by pyxxy »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:48 pm
What
caught for the wrong reasons
☆Princess Abigail☆

Jinx

ImageImage

leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Lame.
Since when were bad-faith interpretations and willful ignorance of mechanical information "blatant town solving"?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I don't comprehend how you could think I've arrived at this station on the train of thought as mafia. I'm blatantly town with confirmation I was blocked. That should be supremely obvious even if my logic isn't optimal.
☆Princess Abigail☆

Bring me drugs all of them I'm dying

ImageImage

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

leetic wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:49 pm
Lame.
Since when were bad-faith interpretations and willful ignorance of mechanical information "blatant town solving"?
Since forever.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:49 pm I don't comprehend how you could think I've arrived at this station on the train of thought as mafia. I'm blatantly town with confirmation I was blocked. That should be supremely obvious even if my logic isn't optimal.
I'm the one with confirmation I was blocked. The hell are you even saying?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

pyxxy wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:49 pm
What
He does seem overly big mad about this.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

leetic wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:50 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:49 pm I don't comprehend how you could think I've arrived at this station on the train of thought as mafia. I'm blatantly town with confirmation I was blocked. That should be supremely obvious even if my logic isn't optimal.
Now who is ignoring mechanical information.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

pyxxy wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:49 pm
What
LOL I was proud when I got it as "Can't Fucking Tell Who's Right". :haha: :haha:
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:51 pm
leetic wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:50 pm
Now who is ignoring mechanical information.
Vous
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Leetic take a breath and come back when you're brain isn't being flooded with adrenaline.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”