Delta
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 106
Preferred Pronouns: He/They

Re: Wolfwalkers Lá a Ceathair (D4)

Post by Delta »

Scotty wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:55 pm
Delta wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:22 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:46 pm Just perusing delta again in a vacuum of just today;
Delta wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:03 pm Fuck me I wish I'd died yesterday now that's

More than annoying LMAO

If anyone has any mech surrounding potential no kills now would be the time to out that
This first post of the day rubs me the wrong way. Basically tries to clear the air around how bad it looks for them. As I said earlier, pretty WIFOMy but also this is an easy woe-is-me post to make.
Delta wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:08 pm
robyn wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:04 pm out your person, @Stick

@Delta what are your reads as of right now?

[VOTE: wigly] aubergine
I think Porscha could be a wolf & if so, Wilgy could be as well for how he reacted to me EOD?. I do believe his SOD though & said I'd reread him if LC flipped v which happened so eh

I think Stick has to be 3p looking at numbers and the situation we're in

Outside of that I am v curious about Martin's EOD and Scotty in general since I didn't see much of him yesterday, same w Baker
Delta’s POE: Porscha/Wilgy/Martin/Scotty/baker/count chocula/the stench coming from the bathroom

I feel like I was pretty around yesterday. And martin’s eod was not unlike his behavior all game. Granted, you only had yesterday as live context, but my point stands that you seem pretty open to tinfoiling over half the player list.

I feel like your slight shade of Wilgy while also hedging looks wolf compatible
Doesn't really clear the air? Just me expressing my thoughts since coming into a kill today was not what I really expected

& yeah I dunno if you realised this but half the playerlist are wolves at this point :wowee: I have to be pretty open about things, especially since I wasnt here beforehand. My main POE are the first 3 & yourself/Baker are more "I'd like to check in with these people"
I get your point but my point was that the breadth of your Poe is too wide at this point, and it comes off as opportunistic
I get you, like I said theres a main 3 POE and then 2 people I'd like to check in with \o/ rather than a straight POE of 5 even though I'm not 100% on my given 3 right now anyway
Porscha
Made Man
Posts in topic: 58

Post by Porscha »

Scotty wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:50 pm
Porscha wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:36 am
Scotty wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:56 am
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:33 pm I also have a decent suspicion as to who Stick has to protect and I'm fairly sure whoever they're protecting is town.

So like I'm never voting Stick here. That's GG if you guys are right and we have to vote out Stick (alongside the wolves) to win, which I don't think is the case.
I feel like there’s a bit of confbiasing, because in the scenario where stick is wolf…they just name someone not on their team and call it a baked apple pie.

So I see Martin and Robyn defending stick here. Interesting.

Wilgy is playing the ‘I got nothing’ card.

Delta is someone I’m just going to listen to today
Hahahahahahaha I hate this game
why are you going to "listen" to delta? do you mean just follow him?
I don’t know what I mean. I feel like I’m full of contradictions, since now I feel bamboozled all around on what I should be thinking.

I reread your wall and I agree with Martin that it feels very mech-heavy and all I got from it is that we shouldn’t vote a 3p today.

Since you’ve replaced in, do you have any strong scum reads? Because I can’t remember them
no lol, I'm pretty sick and couldn't be assed to back read or keep up that much. if the general consensus is >likely wolf< is in >not me and delta cuz low post< then that leaves me with the rest of the player list to work down from. realistically, baker is the only one I've seen that has said anything that seems to have blatant agenda. otherwise I'd gun to head at least town lean every one else and that ... leaves me with something like a team of baker/whoopswolfdelta/?? so I dont really know where else to go right now unless I could suddenly be cured by god to go searching for vote analysis or something. kinda sucks we have no spew from a flip to work with
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Spoiler: show
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 202

Post by DrWilgy »

Scotty wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:09 pm @DrWilgy [VOTE: DrWilgy] aubergine

If you’re town please help. Who’s your top suspect?

My track record is really good in lylo but I can’t solve everything (though I can try ;) )
Been busy.

PoE still contains Porscha, Stick, Delta, Robyn.

Still game losing.

Baker's out of PoE via dichotomy with Robyn. Robyn vouching is of 3 options 1. a correct civ 2. a wolf with tmi 3. A wolf shielding buddy.

Any of these situations Robyn's in control of the dichotomy and to be yeeted first.

I do intend on deeper diving this evening when the kids are asleep.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Stick wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:45 am hmm fair

@Porscha take on wilgy? @DrWilgy take on Robyn?
The big blocks of text feel almost intentionally hard to read. Their read on me is doo doo. I haven't really read much since the other night of deep dive into the game though.

Re their read on me, gut states that it's kinda wolfy. Omgus aside, if Robyn's read is genuine and just bad it's also game losing. Makes a scenario where I'm either to hope Robyn is wolf, OR if I find t Robyn and don't vote there that 3p (you) would townside.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

That's all my @'s will be back in a few
Image Image Image
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:55 pm

My track record is really good in lylo but I can’t solve everything (though I can try ;) )
Been busy.

Still game losing.

Baker's out of PoE via dichotomy with Robyn. Robyn vouching is of 3 options 1. a correct civ 2. a wolf with tmi 3. A wolf shielding buddy.

Any of these situations Robyn's in control of the dichotomy and to be yeeted first.

erm, why is it not possible robyn's read on baker could be from an incorrect civ? and option 3, wouldn't that mean baker would be poe *with* robyn and therefore baker shouldn't be out of poe from your perspective?
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

I almost always have tinfoil on wilgy, the likelihood I find wilgy as town when we are both town has to be an abysmal % rate lol. like if he doesnt slank, I just assume there is always a solid chance he is wolfing even though I know tHeOrEtIcAlLy I know activity level shouldn't be a way to read wilgy. but it's closer to my own experiences in that way.

wilgy who have you voted for this game btw? tryna see something
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

based on what stick has said about her target. I will give the person who I think it is a few town points b/c she clearly thinks they are town.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Porscha wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:07 pm

Been busy.

Still game losing.

erm, why is it not possible robyn's read on baker could be from an incorrect civ? and option 3, wouldn't that mean baker would be poe *with* robyn and therefore baker shouldn't be out of poe from your perspective?
I mean, I've given case and case as to why I think Baker is w. People, especially Robyn seem to disagree.

If Robyn is town, and js wrong, and this is lylo, then it really doesn't matter as we lose anyways. These two together just seem to indicate that it's now out of my hands to control and thus I'll move on to exploring the dichotomy around then from a winning perspective, which is, solve Robyn before Baker.

Baker is out of PoE until Robyn solved.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Porscha wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:12 pm I almost always have tinfoil on wilgy, the likelihood I find wilgy as town when we are both town has to be an abysmal % rate lol. like if he doesnt slank, I just assume there is always a solid chance he is wolfing even though I know tHeOrEtIcAlLy I know activity level shouldn't be a way to read wilgy. but it's closer to my own experiences in that way.

wilgy who have you voted for this game btw? tryna see something
Falc, Baker, LC

I'll be putting a more comprehensive VCA out there at some point soon.
Image Image Image
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:26 pm

Been busy.

Still game losing.

I mean, I've given case and case as to why I think Baker is w. People, especially Robyn seem to disagree.

If Robyn is town, and js wrong, and this is lylo, then it really doesn't matter as we lose anyways. These two together just seem to indicate that it's now out of my hands to control and thus I'll move on to exploring the dichotomy around then from a winning perspective, which is, solve Robyn before Baker.

do you still think baker is a wolf?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Porscha wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:33 pm

Been busy.

Still game losing.

Yeah, but in the scenario where I'm incorrect, I'm to trust my betters and if not betters whatever spew a wolf would give me.

Robyn's protest and the lack of Baker momentum gives more credit to the scenario where I'm incorrect than I'm normally comfortable with.
Image Image Image
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:38 pm

Been busy.

Still game losing.

Yeah, but in the scenario where I'm incorrect, I'm to trust my betters and if not betters whatever spew a wolf would give me.

Robyn's protest and the lack of Baker momentum gives more credit to the scenario where I'm incorrect than I'm normally comfortable with.
betters? and can you elaborate on the second line? not grasping what you're saying, sorry for the brain fog
MartinGG99
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 174
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Presently of the mind that its 3 wolves between

robyn/delta/porscha/baker

I've now permanently removed Scotty. He's now in a position equal to Stick -- I wouldn't ever consider consolidating on them. In theory DrWilgy is possible for me to consolidate on but I really wouldn't like to encourage people to go hard-core and glue on to him just so they can force my vote on a plausible town. I vibe with DrWilgy's latest pragmatic takes and some of his seeming conflicts -- reminds me of some past LYLO situations I've been in as town while being unconfident.

I would very much like to see both Wilgy and Scotty on the same wagon by the end of the day. I would join them as well no matter who they were voting if they were together on that vote. Except Stick, but I don't expect that to happen for raisins.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Porscha wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:41 pm

Been busy.

Still game losing.

betters? and can you elaborate on the second line? not grasping what you're saying, sorry for the brain fog
If Robyn is town and knows how to read Baker better than me, then I should trust my better.

There's a higher likelihood than normal, that I'm incorrectly reading Baker. I don't think that I am, but there's a higher likelihood based on the discussion around then nonetheless. Them being Wolfy but not in PoE until other information is available is how to correct this issue.
Image Image Image
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:50 pm If Robyn is town and knows how to read Baker better than me, then I should trust my better.
I'm preety sure I have the most experience with Baker in this game, just as much as he has the most experience with me. At the very least, I have known baker since the very first forum mafia game he has played.

At face-value I'd say if either of us was wolves then, based on the above, the other would be dead from an NK at some point. The lack of NKs probably messes with that to some extent, but I don't think Baker has really tried pocketing me at all (wherein I'm assuming pocket attempts is the alternative to trying to resolve the other from threatening wolves). At least, not with intention. At worst he's tried implicitly manipulating me a bit on early d2 but that wasn't much and it wasn't a consistent behavior so I think its safe to write it off.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 230

Post by Scotty »

Been busy.

Still game losing.

In Robyn’s defense, they aren’t always right.

And the dooming sentiment that we lose if Robyn is wrong is…not helpful? I feel like Robyn is behaving in a way similar to how LC behaved, and I was very wrong about him. A lot of the game has felt getting rid of the middle of the road players, and if we really are in a 3 person mafia, we’re being led around by *someone* or *sometwo*. Robyn hasn’t done much leading- if anything, they’ve just been coasting.

Can mafia coast? Probably, but look at our yeets: falcon, DM, LC. DM could be in contention for a big contributor that was misyeeted, but in the big scope, someone is pulling the strings here.

I feel like our chances increase of getting out of today if we focus on *who* has been yanking our underwear and giving us wedgies as opposed to a slot like Robyn/porscha/delta. Even if I have certain reservations about all of those names
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

MartinGG99 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:45 pm Presently of the mind that its 3 wolves between

I've now permanently removed Scotty. He's now in a position equal to Stick -- I wouldn't ever consider consolidating on them. In theory DrWilgy is possible for me to consolidate on but I really wouldn't like to encourage people to go hard-core and glue on to him just so they can force my vote on a plausible town. I vibe with DrWilgy's latest pragmatic takes and some of his seeming conflicts -- reminds me of some past LYLO situations I've been in as town while being unconfident.

I would very much like to see both Wilgy and Scotty on the same wagon by the end of the day. I would join them as well no matter who they were voting if they were together on that vote. Except Stick, but I don't expect that to happen for raisins.
What? Why have you removed me and not Wilgy from your list?

I strongly disagree with who we should vote out, based on history.

The forefront of my thinking since there’s still no wolf flips is that D1 wagon: >stick, Martin, Wilgy, baker<

Removing stick from the equation, I’m left with you three, who I have had at tops of my town reads list off and on through most the game. IMO at least one of those is a hit and I’d like to vote there today.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

MartinGG99 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:58 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:50 pm If Robyn is town and knows how to read Baker better than me, then I should trust my better.
I'm preety sure I have the most experience with Baker in this game, just as much as he has the most experience with me. At the very least, I have known baker since the very first forum mafia game he has played.

At face-value I'd say if either of us was wolves then, based on the above, the other would be dead from an NK at some point. The lack of NKs probably messes with that to some extent, but I don't think Baker has really tried pocketing me at all (wherein I'm assuming pocket attempts is the alternative to trying to resolve the other from threatening wolves). At least, not with intention. At worst he's tried implicitly manipulating me a bit on early d2 but that wasn't much and it wasn't a consistent behavior so I think its safe to write it off.
Not to prod against your baker meta, because I think it is valuable, but if the game is really mech’d out with mafia not getting NKs the first 2 nights, doesn’t that change the way a person approaches the game?

This isn’t me trying to smear baker, but the possibility I’m looking at is- what has baker done since the we’ve had a NK? Do you think baker *always* NKs you instead of MR last night? If the answer is yes, that is probably really informative

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Like if I could just remove baker from the POE today, that’ll be just swell

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

well ain’t that just a concrete farting chicken

Now I’m contemplating a Martin/baker world

I don’t think all of Wilgy/martin/baker are wolf

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

[VOTE: baker] aubergine

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I would be willing to bet baker is never wolves with Wilgy

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Delta wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:28 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:55 pm
Delta wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:24 pm Voting Stick is autoloss unless someone else is 3p and would like to speak up because it's LYLO, she dies, wolves kill, wolves win.

Baker idling there isn't good if they're town because it means wolves can just chill and snipe Stick for the win. So I'm worried about them snapping there then disappearing when it's not the play based on numbers.
If baker never comes back, how do you view that slot?
If they never come back? Ehh

I want to assume they'll check in either way before EOD but if they just up and leave I almost want to assume town? I would like to think a partner would prod em to show up at that point. But I dont think it's something I could really say would be indicative either way.

I'm more interested in their reentrance if anything
hmm see I disagree

Their iso today says: “oh, stick is bad, 3p must die, this is my idea on how the NKs went down” and peacing. I do expect them back at some point regardless of alignment, but that screams lazy and a wolf looking to just take the easy road to the end

MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Scotty wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:41 pm
MartinGG99 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:45 pm Presently of the mind that its 3 wolves between

What? Why have you removed me and not Wilgy from your list?

I strongly disagree with who we should vote out, based on history.

The forefront of my thinking since there’s still no wolf flips is that D1 wagon: >stick, Martin, Wilgy, baker<

Removing stick from the equation, I’m left with you three, who I have had at tops of my town reads list off and on through most the game. IMO at least one of those is a hit and I’d like to vote there today.
Well one way or another we're finding out who's the crazy one.

I'm mostly just getting my reads from recent events, by the way, not d1. Last time D1 had any significant relevance in my mind was like maybe early d3 at latest. Beyond that its been a footnote in history.

If my solving lead me to (in effect, not as if it were some goal that I was trying to verify) conclude that all of that wagon was 3 town and 1 3p, and that all of abi's d1 wagon was town, that is what my reads have led me to. Crazy or not. Maybe I'm bad but I'm not going to tinfoil my own skill level -- that's just a recipe for not getting confident in anything and just snowballing where-ever the wind blows.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

ok hear me out

I’m currently thinking of a martin/baker/delta world.

D1 vote consolidate of Martin and baker. No real save attempt needed, as the counter wagon was PA/LC as threat.

D2 vote was split- no Garebear, baker votes me (and even though is often involved throughout the day, never really wavers), Martin votes for stick. None of them are ever in any danger of going, as DM is the main wagon in the end.

Baker comes in today not really bothering with his previous position on me- (where did that go?)- and takes the stance to elim stick. I did the same thing coming in suspicious of stick, but I’ve since recanted.

Martin is the most likely candidate for deep wolf, because who the hell suspected him up to this point? So why didn’t he die? Especially if baker is wolf? They’re partners

Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:50 pm

Been busy.

Still game losing.

If Robyn is town and knows how to read Baker better than me, then I should trust my better.

There's a higher likelihood than normal, that I'm incorrectly reading Baker. I don't think that I am, but there's a higher likelihood based on the discussion around then nonetheless. Them being Wolfy but not in PoE until other information is available is how to correct this issue.
oh okay, I hear you. I just worry that we are already at the point where it's a mistake to "leave someone wolfy out of the poe" makes it so much easier to hit a more susceptible town today and auto lose. it only helps to correct the issue you are laying out under the assumption we lynch correctly today and have another go tomorrow, which if martin was correct earlier on his math, even if we lynch correctly today we are still in lylo tomorrow, another high pressure situation. like, then what? do we say the same thing about baker tomorrow? I guess some of it will depend on who gets flipped and what they flip. but I feel like you're trying to push a difference check between baker and robyn despite admitting the possibility they could be w/w, which wolf wilgy would absolutely do here to push a miselim between 1 or 2 town. like this is giving me cold feet on my own baker read, but you both could be wolves where you just use that to push a town robyn over and get the win.
doesnt help that you voted baker to no avail day 2 - I know you will vote to bus for cred post flip or just to distance too, which lends to the possibility of the w/w world of you two.

but here - as i've admitted my weakness to reading you - I want to take it slow and see if I can get a grasp this day phase that I lacked before. can you give me any other thoughts on other worlds / pairings or even just individual wolfiness you had thoughts on throughout the game?
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Scotty wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:44 pm

Not to prod against your baker meta, because I think it is valuable, but if the game is really mech’d out with mafia not getting NKs the first 2 nights, doesn’t that change the way a person approaches the game?

This isn’t me trying to smear baker, but the possibility I’m looking at is- what has baker done since the we’ve had a NK? Do you think baker *always* NKs you instead of MR last night? If the answer is yes, that is probably really informative
the theory is that if two players are very familiar or experienced with each other

then if one of them is wolf the other will eventually see the other as a potential obstacle based on fear of meta knowledge and etc and take actions towards that

a similar example of that, of which you may or may not be more familiar with, is when Alison and Macdougall exist in a game on a syndicate

if one is a wolf and the other is not then they generally are trying to resolve each other at some point to further their wincons, if both are alive late-game then either they're both town and have been very wrong at some point or both of them are wolves

I don't think Baker has done anything directly to me to try and convince me he's not a wolf. He's just been in his own world, and only bad thing I can remember in that department was the mention of the appeal to me. He doesn't seem to be afraid of me at all really.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

the folly of believing baker would exclusively focus on specifically and only you because of experience is a great way to have the rug pulled out from under you. what did you think of robyn's case on baker earlier?
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

MartinGG99 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:12 pm

the theory is that if two players are very familiar or experienced with each other

then if one of them is wolf the other will eventually see the other as a potential obstacle based on fear of meta knowledge and etc and take actions towards that

a similar example of that, of which you may or may not be more familiar with, is when Alison and Macdougall exist in a game on a syndicate

if one is a wolf and the other is not then they generally are trying to resolve each other at some point to further their wincons, if both are alive late-game then either they're both town and have been very wrong at some point or both of them are wolves

I don't think Baker has done anything directly to me to try and convince me he's not a wolf. He's just been in his own world, and only bad thing I can remember in that department was the mention of the appeal to me. He doesn't seem to be afraid of me at all really.
but do you think he has tried to solve you either? have you pushed on him at all in a way that might make him think he *should* have any reason to be afraid of you?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Porscha wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:08 pm

oh okay, I hear you. I just worry that we are already at the point where it's a mistake to "leave someone wolfy out of the poe" makes it so much easier to hit a more susceptible town today and auto lose. it only helps to correct the issue you are laying out under the assumption we lynch correctly today and have another go tomorrow, which if martin was correct earlier on his math, even if we lynch correctly today we are still in lylo tomorrow, another high pressure situation. like, then what? do we say the same thing about baker tomorrow? I guess some of it will depend on who gets flipped and what they flip. but I feel like you're trying to push a difference check between baker and robyn despite admitting the possibility they could be w/w, which wolf wilgy would absolutely do here to push a miselim between 1 or 2 town. like this is giving me cold feet on my own baker read, but you both could be wolves where you just use that to push a town robyn over and get the win.
doesnt help that you voted baker to no avail day 2 - I know you will vote to bus for cred post flip or just to distance too, which lends to the possibility of the w/w world of you two.

but here - as i've admitted my weakness to reading you - I want to take it slow and see if I can get a grasp this day phase that I lacked before. can you give me any other thoughts on other worlds / pairings or even just individual wolfiness you had thoughts on throughout the game?
I reject a Wilgy/baker world. They don’t look performative in their suspicion RE each other.

When you have a chance, if you are town, please look at voting and pushes people have made throughout the game.

MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Scotty wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:51 pm I would be willing to bet baker is never wolves with Wilgy
Baker is someone I'm a bit doubtful is a wolf, hence my GTH earlier that its Robyn/Porscha/Delta, but I'm willing to hail-marry with others in hoping they're a wolf. He's probably a more likely wolf than Wilgy.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

like in your example, mac and alison are always very forcibly trying to resolve each other regardless of alignment, really. so even if one or both of them have tmi, 2 strong personalities like that will have to go through the motions of trying to solve the other person. has baker tried solving you in a way that you feel actually matters like that?
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Scotty wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:16 pm

I reject a Wilgy/baker world. They don’t look performative in their suspicion RE each other.

When you have a chance, if you are town, please look at voting and pushes people have made throughout the game.
look - i'm not saying if one is a wolf that the other *has* to be a wolf. I just think at lylo with most names being thrown into the poe bucket by someone, we have to be wary of such attempts at pairings like the one wilgy suggested and is arguably pushing (yes I am influenced by wilgy fear too)
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Scotty wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:58 pm Their iso today says: “oh, stick is bad, 3p must die, this is my idea on how the NKs went down” and peacing. I do expect them back at some point regardless of alignment, but that screams lazy and a wolf looking to just take the easy road to the end
I've seen towns go for this very basic viewpoint/gameplan, particularly outside of The Syndicate (I'm look at you, GOC something-something where Alison hard-claimed 3p early on and just solo won the game lol)

but otherwise yes its something a wolf could easily do as well so I don't really see it as a plus for Baker
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

MartinGG99 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:16 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:51 pm I would be willing to bet baker is never wolves with Wilgy
Baker is someone I'm a bit doubtful is a wolf, hence my GTH earlier that its Robyn/Porscha/Delta, but I'm willing to hail-marry with others in hoping they're a wolf. He's probably a more likely wolf than Wilgy.
can you do me a favor and tell me why you tr wilgy please?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

MartinGG99 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:12 pm

“if one is a wolf and the other is not then they generally are trying to resolve each other at some point to further their wincons, if both are alive late-game then either they're both town and have been very wrong at some point or both of them are wolves”

Ok this is important, because if you’re town, then this makes things easier, and there’s probably not a difference check between you. I’m just currently in my own Willy wonka factory and it’s called ‘Confirmation Bias’ and need to figure out if yall really are just wolf/wolf

Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

I dunno. I don't really like the "2 people have a lot of experience with each other, if 1 is a wolf, they will inevitably nk the other" when the wolf between the two has no real pressure to do so. but this is why i'm asking martin if he thinks baker has done a passable enough job in trying to solve him - because if baker was a wolf, why go through the motions of trying to appear to hard solve martin if martin never really suspected him or pushed him. Baker has no reason to think martin will just flip on his read, right? I'd just leave martin alive too. and then we get here and martin goes "shrug, baker probs woulda killed me earlier" but it's just wifom at that point. wolves leave villagers alive all the time too, confusing them on who would have / should have been killed. Prince J lost to lily like that recently on MU in f3 - he pretty much assumed she would never leave him alive that long with how often and well they read each other. but he wasn't pushing her throughout the game to begin with - so there is no threat in leaving him alive to continue not pushing her, when she knows he will trust his experience over her over what's in front of him in the game. martin, I urge you to not fall into this trap if you don't feel that baker has sufficiently crossed that otherwise-towny threshold for you. if you feel there are any specific posts that are pertinent to this too, please show me, I dont want you to get pocketed by just not getting night killed nor do I want you to just coast by allowing a free tr on a partner
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Porscha wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:20 pm

look - i'm not saying if one is a wolf that the other *has* to be a wolf. I just think at lylo with most names being thrown into the poe bucket by someone, we have to be wary of such attempts at pairings like the one wilgy suggested and is arguably pushing (yes I am influenced by wilgy fear too)
I mean you literally just said you were entertaining a w/w world with them and I’m saying that world is so far out of our galaxy, Captain Kirk won’t even boldly go there

Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

I actually think trying to employ the excuse that martin is providing to baker when there has been an unknown reason for missing night kills and expecting the 1 night kill that has happened to have been specifically on you, and NOT the one guy who was consensus town, just because you have a lot of experience with 1 wolf when there is more than 1 wolf on the team is almost unreasonable
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Scotty wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:32 pm
Porscha wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:20 pm

I mean you literally just said you were entertaining a w/w world with them and I’m saying that world is so far out of our galaxy, Captain Kirk won’t even boldly go there
I would really only entertain that world with seriousness if we get a baker red flip today. the wilgy/baker/robyn triangle is giving me a lot of pause right now
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Porscha wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:13 pm

the folly of believing baker would exclusively focus on specifically and only you because of experience is a great way to have the rug pulled out from under you. what did you think of robyn's case on baker earlier?
Don't really think its a folly. He knows I have him in mind a lot of the time -- a recent game (wherein both him and I were town) he was surprised post-game to learn that I had referenced him and his reads a few times post-death and talked about how I felt that we sometime seem to treat each other like rivals of a sort given that both our first games of forum mafia were together. Besides that point though -- he did have opportunity to try an address and interact with me directly but left it just sorta as a sidenote. At most he quotes me later on D2 talking about what he believes is equity value of chopping him. Nothing like a wolf that's afraid of or is concerned by me.
baker wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:14 am
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:56 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:17 pm I like Scotty's vibe. Seems comfortable in the thread.

Someone tell me what makes him mafia if you think I'm wrong.
@baker my leige, take it away
I will believe Radishes re-entry was more on the towny side than the classical wolf entrance of "x is town, x and y fight makes no sense. lets look at z"

I am unfamiliar with most of you though so my read on the ranges can be bad. This is why I have been wanting to sheep someone for a few days. Also I had 2 tests at uni this week and one more to go on Saturday so I am busy.

I felt like robyn could be towny from their early D1 and sheeping them would be safe. I felt I am in a similar position due to my schedule.

So can someone explain what is the difference between garebare/Abi/robyn/me? FMPOV I am busy but trying my best to contribute with posts - contrary to Scotty/Martin calling me performative I actually had nothing calculated. robyn is yet to vote or push anyone and Abi is similary not taking any active participation. Garebare is a player in this game, i remember only one post from them. Are we all town and LHF? There is a good chance. Just because I sticked my head out a bit, I got 4 votes on me, makes me think we got a wolf pretending to solve the game
As for the Robyn case: Haven't really read it. I assumed it was a big post of post numbers and glazed over it.

Will probably look at later in-depth when I have time
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

MartinGG99 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:20 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:58 pm Their iso today says: “oh, stick is bad, 3p must die, this is my idea on how the NKs went down” and peacing. I do expect them back at some point regardless of alignment, but that screams lazy and a wolf looking to just take the easy road to the end
I've seen towns go for this very basic viewpoint/gameplan, particularly outside of The Syndicate (I'm look at you, GOC something-something where Alison hard-claimed 3p early on and just solo won the game lol)

but otherwise yes its something a wolf could easily do as well so I don't really see it as a plus for Baker
And I mean yes, in a non lylo situation (and if LC were alive he would attest), I have been spurned one too many times by letting a claimed 3p waltz to endgame. But like or not, we’re here at endgame and if baker truly believes stick is a 3p, that is beyond lazy thinking. I don’t know his town behavior, but based on how he came after me on D2, I’m confused about his motivations in general

MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Porscha wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:14 pm but do you think he has tried to solve you either? have you pushed on him at all in a way that might make him think he *should* have any reason to be afraid of you?
On d1 I was semi-firmly on him being town, something he was quite aware of and was visibly happy about (saying something about a good start or whatever I think).

Later d2 I was leaning towards voting him (and had voted iirc).

If he were wolf I very likely gave him a sense of safety on D1 but then shook it very hard for moments of d2.

If that doesn't make a wolf afraid, in addition to knowing we have many experiences together, I don't know what will.

As for him "solving" me, I think he's already done that through his meta knowledge of me. I don't know what that is, I haven't really probed him on it, and it may be one of my bigger sources of confirmation bias.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

MartinGG99 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:42 pm As for him "solving" me, I think he's already done that through his meta knowledge of me. I don't know what that is, I haven't really probed him on it, and it may be one of my bigger sources of confirmation bias.
To be more specific

he probably figured out some towntell of mine that I'm not aware

decent chance he's aware of something approaching that if he's had so much experience with me
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

MartinGG99 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:36 pm
Porscha wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:13 pm

Don't really think its a folly. He knows I have him in mind a lot of the time -- a recent game (wherein both him and I were town) he was surprised post-game to learn that I had referenced him and his reads a few times post-death and talked about how I felt that we sometime seem to treat each other like rivals of a sort given that both our first games of forum mafia were together. Besides that point though -- he did have opportunity to try an address and interact with me directly but left it just sorta as a sidenote. At most he quotes me later on D2 talking about what he believes is equity value of chopping him. Nothing like a wolf that's afraid of or is concerned by me.
baker wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:14 am
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:56 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:17 pm I like Scotty's vibe. Seems comfortable in the thread.

Someone tell me what makes him mafia if you think I'm wrong.
@baker my leige, take it away
I will believe Radishes re-entry was more on the towny side than the classical wolf entrance of "x is town, x and y fight makes no sense. lets look at z"

I am unfamiliar with most of you though so my read on the ranges can be bad. This is why I have been wanting to sheep someone for a few days. Also I had 2 tests at uni this week and one more to go on Saturday so I am busy.

I felt like robyn could be towny from their early D1 and sheeping them would be safe. I felt I am in a similar position due to my schedule.

So can someone explain what is the difference between garebare/Abi/robyn/me? FMPOV I am busy but trying my best to contribute with posts - contrary to Scotty/Martin calling me performative I actually had nothing calculated. robyn is yet to vote or push anyone and Abi is similary not taking any active participation. Garebare is a player in this game, i remember only one post from them. Are we all town and LHF? There is a good chance. Just because I sticked my head out a bit, I got 4 votes on me, makes me think we got a wolf pretending to solve the game
As for the Robyn case: Haven't really read it. I assumed it was a big post of post numbers and glazed over it.

Will probably look at later in-depth when I have time
I think you're one of the townier people in thread today so I really value your opinion on baker here since I think he has been one of the wolfier players in thread today. Just want to make sure we aren't turning a blind eye to something like you brought up with the experience factor or him sounding afraid of you. but I have the space to hold both of our worries for now.

I also just like, saw that long ass post and simply did not read it. so I feel you lol
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Scotty wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:37 pm
MartinGG99 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:20 pm

And I mean yes, in a non lylo situation (and if LC were alive he would attest), I have been spurned one too many times by letting a claimed 3p waltz to endgame. But like or not, we’re here at endgame and if baker truly believes stick is a 3p, that is beyond lazy thinking. I don’t know his town behavior, but based on how he came after me on D2, I’m confused about his motivations in general
how did come after you day 2?
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Porscha wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:21 pm
I think its difficult to describe outside of vagueness so I'll have to town-case later on the specific points that appeal to me
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

MartinGG99 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:49 pm
Porscha wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:21 pm
I think its difficult to describe outside of vagueness so I'll have to town-case later on the specific points that appeal to me
okay thanks. I'd like it if baker could elaborate on how he has been reading you too
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

but if you want the vague answer

I think Wilgy has been very direct at times on trying to advance and solve the game, his interactions with scotty d2 made me feel positive about both of them, and just progression in general

even now his gameplan here seems to be rather pragmatic on trying to achieve his wincon and that's something I sympathize a bit with
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:

Return to “Previous Rackets”