Battle of the Bands Mafia [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Who stays in the competition?

Poll ended at Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:00 pm

The Boomtown Rats - I Don't Like Mondays
20%
The Evens - Timothy Wright
10%
Even Rats Go Boom - Can't Stand Tim Either (The Host, the Non, the Dead, the Performers)
70%

Total votes: 10
Cape90
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 150
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Re: Battle of the Bands Mafia [Day 2]

Post by Cape90 »

Porscha
DrWilgy

SPF
falcon45ca

Long Con

TSP (0 poster)

Sheep
LoRab

nutella
Porscha
Made Man
Posts in topic: 158

Post by Porscha »

Long Con wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:53 pm Long Con
pyxxy
Cape90

Porscha
staypositivefriend

falcon45ca
Sheep

DrWilgy
LoRab
nutella

TonyStarkPrime

I mean... my reads are usually notoriously wrong, but this is kind of a generalization of where I think I stand.

After I flip, I hope everyone goes back through LoRab's posts, which I think are the posts of a Wolf that needed to choose a stance. She thought going anti-LC was a good route, but please notice that for all the accusations of "sowing seeds of chaos" and "chaos posting ridiculousness to distract us", she has not been able to identify a single post of mine that fits that description.
well I agreed with lorab and found at least one post and your list is stinky!!!
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Spoiler: show
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
pyxxy
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 171
Preferred Pronouns: he or they

Post by pyxxy »

writing this down for the record

wilgy coming off Long Con has a vague outline of wilgy coming off DM in Timelines
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 96
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Porscha wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:48 pm
LoRab wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:20 pm
Cape90 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:34 pm
LoRab wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:53 pm
pyxxy wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:05 pm
nutella wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:02 pm what is going on here lol
it's a repeat of Timelines Mafia

town is once again slacking

I have once again solved the game

Long Con is once again ignoring my solve
He's not ignoring it. He's bad.
nutella wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:30 pm and yeah it does look like we'll be up against each other today so I do have to hope you're a hit but nothing you're doing is really causing any doubt
He's so clearly bad. He's spreading chaos. Like he does when he's evil. FEBbers gonna FEB.

He isn't even trying to pretend to seem civ at this point.
What kind of chaos is Long Con spreading? Usually when I think of mafia spreading things to cause confusion it's with like... PR claims and throwing as much at the wall as possible to disorientate town from the actual solve. Like Long Con seems fairly set in suspecting DrWilgy/nutella and really has not strayed from that
He has mentioned me a few times. And has just been posting ridiculousness. He’s trying to distract us.
Long Con wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:24 pm Wilgy's posts on Abi and LoRab don't make sense to me.

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:24 pm LoRab
LoRab wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:13 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:53 pm Good thoughts, LoRab! Welcome to the game.

What kind of strategy were you thinking? Someone suggested putting up one (town) player to try and boost their power, and one (wolf) player to eliminate... but that plan has an obvious downside, were we to pick the wrong song. Who suggested that? Suspicious.
I'm not sure. But I think it should be discussed. I don't remember who suggested that plan...but I'm not sure putting it out there to be discussed is a bad thing. I think we should all have a conversation about how to decide who to put up. I'm trying to think through a strategy that the baddies couldn't manipulate to their advantage.

I also don't remember who said that they'd probably be weird (not their word but I can't remember the word they used) and try to figure out who chose each video. I don't think that's weird at all. I mean, really--it's kind of how the game is set up. That's why we can't hint at our songs...and I can't see a strategy that doesn't involve figuring out whose music is whose once the battle begins.

Also adding, I would have likely voted for Robyn on Day 1--her reaction to being suspected, especially towards LA, was harsh--in a cornered animal kind of way. Also, she didn't seem happy in the game--in the way that many in this wave of players seem to not like being mafia (also, what's up with that?) My not being that way was one of the ways she suspected me in Ted Lasso. And her refusal to answer any suspicion really sat wrong with me. No idea where her allegiance is (or was), but my gut says not civvie.
Only real substantial post, but the timing of it is good in the fact that if Robyn flips town we can basically put LoRab down as townfirmed. Robyn is dead, we know Robyn is dead, we don't know alignment, but for LoRab to come in after the fact and be like "Robyn is Wolfy" where they could be wrong when it doesn't matter, is not something a wolf would make possible. It's not a necessary risk.

Now if Robyn is wolf, we'd need more from LoRab to see if this isn't just some sort of easy credit yoink.

(Also it was me, I brought up the discussion on who we should send to the battle to see what people advised, I'll pretty much remain going in my wolf reads though regardless)
It's not "risky" for a Wolf to say, after it's a done deal, that they would have voted for Robyn, and that she thought Robyn's play was wolfy. For you to "townfirm" LoRab over something that would basically be an easy throwaway post of "look I have no TMI" doesn't sit well at all.
Further, there's no credit to be had if LoRab was right, and Robyn had been a Wolf. LoRab didn't help find the Wolf, and trying to get credit being right while not voting for her is the thing that's more "risky", because that would expose some level of TMI.

That your presented logic is so backward makes me think that LoRab might actually be town, and you are less than subtly trying to pocket her.

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:11 pm Let's do some reads before EoN. This will be post ISO skims.

Abi - Feels pretty normal, where the wolf range and town range are blurred as Abi's ability to town read players comes across easily as tmi. I'd say the lean towards town Abi seems to lay in some of the questions/discussions they are making as there's more semblance of processing their tr's rather than utilizing them.

I will advise that there seems to be hesitation on the town reads that seems to be somewhat similar to the threads momentum and that's worth note:
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:37 pm Robyn is now doing the thing I thought wolf robyn would do like wut
Two players had voted Robyn prior to this one
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:10 am I maybe town cored Nutella to fast and I need to stop doing that but I'm not changing it now
This one is exception, there's not a momentum shift when this post happens.
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:45 am Also I agree with sheep that Wilgy feels weird
and this one follows multiple voices declaring the same.

From a town perspective, there's nothing wrong with reassessment on reads, and the "yeah I agree" does happen.

From a wolf perspective, Abi is responding to momentum to keep their PoE open.

I think the only way to tell with this one is through assoc and effort. Abi should be able to find a pelt assuming they are town. The TRs being tmi will inevitably show if Abi is wolf as long as we keep an eye open to it.

Abi holds a dichotomy with SPF and Porscha against Sheep.

Worth noting that Abi has not mentioned Pyx outside of hellos yet voted for the slot.
Why did you say we'd be able to tell that Abi is Wolf by judging her townreads. How would they "inevitably" show as TMI? Are you saying she never townreads a Wolf partner? If so, then surely you have noted who she didn't townread, if it's an inevitablity? How does this statement hold any credibility if you give it away this early in the game?? You're... not worried at all that she clearly has the ability to read, and could EXTREMELY EASILY confound this so-called inevitability?

Several statements about her here, but the only thing close to an attempt to read her is the sketchy and dubious statement that I criticized above.
see above a post that I also considered just kind of out left field from LC that I think lorab would agree is a post of chaos seeds
LOL yes, nutella already informed me that my attempt to reread and analyze posts I found suspicious would be met with mockery, so thanks for the recap of that. Bonus points for flavouring it with "LC would be trying to solve if he were Town", that's, like, the *chef's kiss* of "go fuck yourself, LC". :hugs:
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 96
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

pyxxy wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:57 pm writing this down for the record

wilgy coming off Long Con has a vague outline of wilgy coming off DM in Timelines
Don't bother with that line of thinking. Honestly.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Epignosis »

Who shall take the stage tonight?

Poll ended at Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:00 pm

TonyStarkPrime
7%

Voters: Porscha

LoRab
No votes

Voters: None

Porscha
No votes

nutella
27%

Voters: Long Con, staypositivefriend, Cape90, pyxxy

Sheep
No votes

Cape90
7%

Voters: DrWilgy

Long Con
13%

Voters: LoRab, nutella

staypositivefriend
No votes

falcon45ca
No votes

DrWilgy
7%

Voters: falcon45ca

Shoegazers (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
40%

Voters: ☆Princess Abigail☆, Scotty, S~V~S, robyn, Epignosis, JaggedJimmyJay

Total votes: 15
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 34

Re: Battle of the Bands Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Epignosis »

Battle of the Bands Night 2

Two bands come before you this evening. Tonight, we have:

nutella vs Long Con

If you have been nominated, you may not post and may only vote the non-player option in the poll to keep an eye on the results.

Everyone else will vote for the preferred track. Your vote may be based on whatever criteria you would like.

The submitter of the track with the most votes is safe from elimination and will receive a certificate granting a prize.

The submitter of the track with the fewest votes will need to find another venue.

During this process, the crooked poser judges will also eliminate someone from the competition.

After this, the entire process repeats itself.

Here are tonight's submissions:

Night 2 ends tomorrow at 4pm ET.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 109
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Re: Battle of the Bands Mafia [Night 2]

Post by LoRab »

Are votes changeable?
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 222

Post by DrWilgy »

I like the instrumentation of 1 at 1:30 but 2 is more my speed.

Do we actually want to play the 'let's predict who submitted what while watching who votes where game?'

Suppose we should.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:03 pm I like the instrumentation of 1 at 1:30 but 2 is more my speed.

Do we actually want to play the 'let's predict who submitted what while watching who votes where game?'

Suppose we should.
I can’t think of a different strategy that makes sense.

At initial partial listen, Ihave no idea. But I’ll listen and research more tomorrow. I’m so wiped out from a super long day.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

I’d prefer to vote Nutella, personally.

At the moment, I’m way more convinced that LC is bad than that LA is (although I don’t think she’s civ, at the moment). I remain completely confident that LC is bad. AND, if they are both bad, LA would do much less chaos spewing, because style.

Now, to figure out whose is which.

Or strategize how to make the voting collectively for the best result.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

i'm sorry but having bare feet on stage like that is just
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

ggawwwddd I fucking hate that LMAO
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

I mean, that is as legit a reason to vote as any. At least initially. Assuming we can switch.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

I think we can switch and I wont not vote it cuz of the naked feet on stage despite my hatred for it
Sheep
The Mark
Posts in topic: 24
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/hiself
they/them/theirs/themselves
Aka: Sheepbutbad

Post by Sheep »

hhhhhhhhh hi sorry my vacation has been extended (and ofc "irl stuff" but i was mostly aware of that when i joined) i'll try to post more irl tmrw
Sheep
The Mark

Post by Sheep »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:03 pm I like the instrumentation of 1 at 1:30 but 2 is more my speed.

Suppose we should.
???
I feel like this goes against the spirit of the game
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Sheep wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:08 pm

Suppose we should.
???
I am in agreement, but "Your vote may be based on whatever criteria you would like" and if there's a possibility wolves know who to vote as well so it becomes kinda funky.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Sheep
The Mark

Post by Sheep »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:24 pm

Suppose we should.
???
I am in agreement, but "Your vote may be based on whatever criteria you would like" and if there's a possibility wolves know who to vote as well so it becomes kinda funky.
fair enough
i'm not changing my vote unless i re-listen to the songs and decide i like the other one more
anyhow 800 posts is a lot less than i was expecting so that should be easy enough to read
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

[VOTE: Starting Line] aubergine

Sure, I have no way to tell who submitted what anyways.
Image Image Image
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Evening out the vote a bit (or at least making it so that all votes are not in one place), in case I get caught up with work tomorrow.

[VOTE: cloud cult] aubergine

Will try to look tomorrow more closely tomorrow and try to be more thoughtful about voting. In the meantime, any vote is a random vote, I think.
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

[VOTE: Starting Line] aubergine
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

so what do you guys like about the second one over the first one
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

im not an indie folk type
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

I have a thought on who I think which song belongs to who
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

likewise

which is in addition to me not being an indie folk type
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

ok we are on same page... I wonder about everyone else
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

nutella

Long Con

in a closer world I was tempted to just lurk and vote late (along the same logic of who I think submitted which song) to see if maybe scum would look to save their teammate

although now I write than and realize, I assume scum are also honor bounded to not tell their teammates which song is theirs?

otherwise that would be messsssyyyyyyy
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

pyxxy wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:38 am nutella

Long Con

in a closer world I was tempted to just lurk and vote late (along the same logic of who I think submitted which song) to see if maybe scum would look to save their teammate

although now I write than and realize, I assume scum are also honor bounded to not tell their teammates which song is theirs?

otherwise that would be messsssyyyyyyy

I wouldn't count on that
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

I only say that because i have been fully under the impression they would know their teammates song. or have a really strong inclination. like even if there is a rule they can't straight up tell them what song they have submitted, they could be like "i really like x type of music" in wolf chat to give a strong hint kind of thing... idk
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

but but but

porscha

even a _whiff_ of impropriety

my frail heart couldn't take it

the bands must battle
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

lmaoooo yeah they be battling... battling dirty maybe

but maybe you're right. I hadn't even considered that tbh
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 173
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

hi ill be here tomorrow
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 173
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

[VOTE: vote: cloud cult] aubergine
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 155

Post by falcon45ca »

I prefer Cloud Cult's 'Chemicals Collide', but honestly it was 6.2/10 v 6.3/10
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Porscha wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:05 pm I think we can switch and I wont not vote it cuz of the naked feet on stage despite my hatred for it
Listen to the song, don't watch the video, and then see how you feel
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Suppose we should.
???

I feel this is a somewhat wolfy perspective
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

It's wolfy, as it asks players to not consider who they are voting for, but the only the song.

I've mentioned I'm voting for the song I enjoy the most, but for Sheep to bring up w/ such fervor (multiple ? marks), it's almost as tho they are alarmed Town may decide to try and vote for the player, more than the song
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Yeh i wasnt a fan either
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Porscha wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:18 am ok we are on same page... I wonder about everyone else
Mind sharing your thought on who did which song?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

LoRab wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:54 pm
Porscha wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:18 am ok we are on same page... I wonder about everyone else
Mind sharing your thought on who did which song?
I feel like Holy Holy is nutella
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Why?
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

(I'm not disagreeing, but I am honestly curious and am currently undecided on which)
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

LoRab wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:59 pmWhy?

I've been in a few walrus's w/ her, and it strikes me as something she'd sub...so does Cloud Cult, but Holy Holy just seems to be a bit more up her alley IMO.

Of course, watch me be so so wrong and she's silently raging
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

falcon45ca wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:04 pm

I've been in a few walrus's w/ her, and it strikes me as something she'd sub...so does Cloud Cult, but Holy Holy just seems to be a bit more up her alley IMO.

Sorry to be old, but important question:

What is a walrus?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

LoRab wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:18 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:04 pm

Sorry to be old, but important question:

What is a walrus?
It's a mammal with skin teeth and eyeballs.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Porscha wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:19 am so what do you guys like about the second one over the first one
Bass.

I'm pretty sure it's the bass.

Kinda odd for me, as I've never really thought about music in this much depth. I either like it or I don't normally.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Now, I will admit, the feeling I get for voting in line with Pyx and Sheep is kinda icky.

As 'who I'm voting with' counts as any criteria, I may swap lol
Image Image Image
pyxxy
Racketeer

Post by pyxxy »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:28 pm Now, I will admit, the feeling I get for voting in line with Pyx and Sheep is kinda icky.

As 'who I'm voting with' counts as any criteria, I may swap lol
coward

vote ur heart

Return to “Previous Jobs”