Battle of the Bands Mafia [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Who stays in the competition?

Poll ended at Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:00 pm

The Boomtown Rats - I Don't Like Mondays
20%
The Evens - Timothy Wright
10%
Even Rats Go Boom - Can't Stand Tim Either (The Host, the Non, the Dead, the Performers)
70%

Total votes: 10
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 153
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Battle of the Bands Mafia [Day 3]

Post by nutella »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:05 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:56 pm LC seemed to just hop on the vote at a convenient time and his reaction that robyn was being "manipulative" felt made up to me because that wasn't actually a meaningful description of the interaction it was just a buzzword to justify a drive by vote.
also, hard to imagine a villager seeing long con's vote on robym, having this thought process, and then immediately posting this:
nutella wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:56 am [VOTE: robyn] aubergine for that interaction with porscha lol

lc wolf if theyre not though maybe
you think that you would not join the wagon on a player who you think is being opportunistically pushed on by one of your wolrfreads, but what do i know tbh
again the sketchiness of robyn's response to pressure stood out as wolfier in my mind at the time idk how else to explain this
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 173
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

nutella wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:05 pm .....did you read the robyn quote in there because lol

the reality distortion is too strong
yes. robyn said that it would be suboptimal to engage with porscha about their read on them, altho they tried a little bit

but porscha iss the one who explicitly refused to give any reasoning for robyn being mafia

so how could you say that it's wolfy for robyn to not meaningfully engage with porscha's reasoning

when porscha did not give any reasoning?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Re: Battle of the Bands Mafia [Day 1]

Post by nutella »

robyn wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:17 am actually it's suboptimal to engage with suspicion against myself at this stage of the game, so i'm gonna have to ignore you irt your read about me
robyn wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:17 am actually it's suboptimal to engage with suspicion against myself at this stage of the game, so i'm gonna have to ignore you irt your read about me
like?? ???????? ??????????
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:07 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:05 pm .....did you read the robyn quote in there because lol

the reality distortion is too strong
yes. robyn said that it would be suboptimal to engage with porscha about their read on them, altho they tried a little bit

but porscha iss the one who explicitly refused to give any reasoning for robyn being mafia

so how could you say that it's wolfy for robyn to not meaningfully engage with porscha's reasoning

when porscha did not give any reasoning?
robyn didn't push for it and explicitly disengaged!

it's sort of silly to waste so much time arguing about why a flipped villager was so wolfy but your painting of this is so ridiculous lol
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Re: Battle of the Bands Mafia [Day 1]

Porscha wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:11 am
robyn wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:09 am abbie coming into the thread and townreading me and building a towncore is v!abbie i believe. maybe i'm biased that she read me right but i will reevaluate this later

porscha coming into the thread and thinking i was wolfing was slightly towny. i don't know why she suspected me beyond vibes. but suspecting me and instantly being confrontational is what i expect of v!porscha, especially after the previous two games where she saw me wolf up closely. so, porscha, i ask, why do you suspect me?

i am unsure of nutella's alignment and i expected something to sway me one way or another, but something hasn't
I plead the fifth on why
Porscha wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:14 am
robyn wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:13 am
Porscha wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:11 am
robyn wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:09 am abbie coming into the thread and townreading me and building a towncore is v!abbie i believe. maybe i'm biased that she read me right but i will reevaluate this later

porscha coming into the thread and thinking i was wolfing was slightly towny. i don't know why she suspected me beyond vibes. but suspecting me and instantly being confrontational is what i expect of v!porscha, especially after the previous two games where she saw me wolf up closely. so, porscha, i ask, why do you suspect me?

i am unsure of nutella's alignment and i expected something to sway me one way or another, but something hasn't
I plead the fifth on why
so it's just paranoia of my huge wolfrange, good, a specific reason would be contrived
no I have very specific reasons that I am not speaking aloud
but robyn DID ask porscha to explain, and porscha explicitly refused to and refused to engage with it

so it doesn't make sense to say robyn is wolfy for not engaging with reasoning that literally didnt exist!
staypositivefriend
Hitman

porscha scumread robyn

robyn asked porscha why

porscha refused to explain why

robyn said "fine it wouldnt be optimal to engage with your suspicion anyway"

you see this interaction and characterize it as: "robyn refused to meaningfully engage with porscha's reasoning to wolfread them"

this is dishonest and borderline lying
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

this is so circular lol i'm done i just hope the rest of the thread can see how much you are skewing things to make me look silly when i feel like my perspective is completely legible
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
staypositivefriend
Hitman

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:09 pm porscha scumread robyn

robyn asked porscha why

you see this interaction and characterize it as: "robyn refused to meaningfully engage with porscha's reasoning to wolfread them"

no i want you to respond to this and explain to me exactly where im misunderstanding
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i think that u are disengaging at this moment because you realize that your reasoning does in fact not make any sense and is something u made up to justify ur tunnel
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:09 pm porscha scumread robyn

robyn asked porscha why

it is not dishonest it is maybe not the clearest explanation but my real organic reaction in my brain at the time the interaction happened, which YOU WEREN'T EVEN THERE FOR, was that robyn came across as cagey and wolfy
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:11 pm i think that u are disengaging at this moment because you realize that your reasoning does in fact not make any sense and is something u made up to justify ur tunnel
it literally is just how i felt about robyn at the time!! i don't care if it doesn't hold up to perfect logical scrutiny it was a fucking read
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
staypositivefriend
Hitman

well if u can acknowledge that your original characterization of robyn here:
nutella wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:56 pm they refused to engage with porscha's read in any depth and I thought that deflection was more likely to come from a wolf
was factually incorrect

then im satisfied tbh
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:12 pm well if u can acknowledge that your original characterization of robyn here:
nutella wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:56 pm they refused to engage with porscha's read in any depth and I thought that deflection was more likely to come from a wolf
was factually incorrect

then im satisfied tbh
i mean sure they asked for reasoning ONCE

but then cut off the discussion
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
staypositivefriend
Hitman

when you say that robyn refused to engage with porscha's reasoning with any depth, it's incorrect in the sense that:

A. robyn was willing to engage with porscha, but porscha refused to engage with her and shut down her attempts to

B. porscha refused to explain her read on robyn, which means that there was no "in depth" reasoning for robyn to engage with in the first place

now you have shifted your reasoning to: "robyn was being cagey during the exchange", which isn't very true either, since robyn actively tried to ask porscha questions and engage with her during their conversation

now, of course, villagers can be wrong and they can misspeak, but your reasoning to push on robyn here is so egregiously factually incorrect that it shows me that you put no real thought into your push on them, and i consider this to be completely outing for you. and i hope that anyone with basic mafia knowledge would consider it outing as well
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i rest my case
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm when you say that robyn refused to engage with porscha's reasoning with any depth, it's incorrect in the sense that:

A. robyn was willing to engage with porscha, but porscha refused to engage with her and shut down her attempts to

B. porscha refused to explain her read on robyn, which means that there was no "in depth" reasoning for robyn to engage with in the first place

now you have shifted your reasoning to: "robyn was being cagey during the exchange", which isn't very true either, since robyn actively tried to ask porscha questions and engage with her during their conversation

now, of course, villagers can be wrong and they can misspeak, but your reasoning to push on robyn here is so egregiously factually incorrect that it shows me that you put no real thought into your push on them, and i consider this to be completely outing for you. and i hope that anyone with basic mafia knowledge would consider it outing as well
whatever this is just bad faith from you because you don't care to see what my interpretation at the time actually was. maybe I misread robyn's attitude toward being pushed but that doesn't mean I couldn't have had that read of the situation in real time and you can't even begin to understand that since you only read it after the fact. you're just pulling whatever justification you can to accuse me of lying about my reads
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
staypositivefriend
Hitman

to me the fact that your reasoning to push on robyn was based on something factually incorrect that would be v ery easy to see was incorrect if u closely read the exchange at all

is evidence to me that you have not put any real thought into your worldview and that u are lazily tunneling villagers for as long as ur able to get away with it
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

it's still like not based in something factually incorrect though it was the whole attitude that they seemed to have felt off to me and yes it was a subjective assessment that they were uncomfortable even when they initially did ask for the reasoning. but I'm not going to waste any more time explaining to a wolf why it's okay for me to have a squishy feels based read
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
staypositivefriend
Hitman

kirb go squeesh
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

true !
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Fwiw nutella having confidently wrong reads is good
staypositivefriend
Hitman

that isn't the problem here
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

yeah well I’m not reading anything else I gotta go see Larry cordle
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Eh
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Wow just me
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

This is all Nutella’s fault for choosing to get herself in this position
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

We could be solving right now
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I’m utting off the ISO I’ll do it tomorrow
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Unless I’m working
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i'm here if anyone wants to solve with me
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 155

Post by falcon45ca »

[VOTE: wilgy] aubergine
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

wow thread so dead
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:34 am [VOTE: wilgy] aubergine
por que?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
pyxxy
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 171
Preferred Pronouns: he or they

Post by pyxxy »

I don't think scum can know their teammates' song

it would just feel to unbalanced to vote out scum over and over basically be in milo-light for the BotB portion since scum would stack on their own

and also [VOTE: Wilgy] aubergine let's have some fun
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Nutella and spf feel like two town talking past each other
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

nutella wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:30 pm
por que?
Je nais se quois

I can' quite put my finger on it, and his post re: killing his TRs didn't sit well
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

hrmmmmm
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:35 pm Nutella and spf feel like two town talking past each other
do they though
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

like wow
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:19 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:35 pm Nutella and spf feel like two town talking past each other
do they though

Mine isn't the only opinion

What's your take?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I mean I think maybe they do but I’m more interested that you do
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I would now like to claim my falcon god read however I have not yet read his ISO so you’re gonna have to take a rain check on it
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Who here finds Sheep towny?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:33 pm I would now like to claim my falcon god read however I have not yet read his ISO so you’re gonna have to take a rain check on it

By all means, share what you think with the class
pyxxy
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 171
Preferred Pronouns: he or they

Post by pyxxy »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:21 pm Who here finds Sheep towny?
not me
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 109
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Hey, y'all!! Fell asleep yesterday right before the results, and then felt like crap when I woke up, so read up and then went back to bed.

I cannot believe I was wrong about Long Con. Seriously--my tinfoil says he's bad and has an evil secret power that he comes up as civ. But, I don't actually think that, but anyway. Sorry, y'all. I was truly convinced.

I'm fine with an LA Lynch, since I was starting to suspect her anyway. I, too, do not find sheep civ-like.

And can someone remind me why people were excited to send them to battle day 1? And expressed disappointment that he wasn't on the poll day 2. And why he's kind of fallen off of everyone's radar? I'm honestly asking--I don't have enough experience with them to judge their play, and since I wasn't here and read up the whole beginning of the game at once, I really don't remember.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Who is LA?
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 109
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:40 pmWho is LA?
Nutella. Sorry--I keep forgetting that is no longer her nickname.
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 222

Post by DrWilgy »

Good morning.

The kids have finally made me fully nocturnal.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 222

Post by DrWilgy »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:38 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:30 pm
por que?
Je nais se quois

I can' quite put my finger on it, and his post re: killing his TRs didn't sit well
lol
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?

Return to “Previous Jobs”