Battle of the Bands Mafia [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Who stays in the competition?

Poll ended at Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:00 pm

The Boomtown Rats - I Don't Like Mondays
20%
The Evens - Timothy Wright
10%
Even Rats Go Boom - Can't Stand Tim Either (The Host, the Non, the Dead, the Performers)
70%

Total votes: 10
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 173
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Battle of the Bands Mafia [Day 5]

Post by staypositivefriend »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:49 am and I’m trying not voting for Lorab for a second here because I don’t want to start any trouble and also I’m thinking about how I want the battle of the bands to look
ok so you think that lorab is mafia but you're not voting them bcuz you don't want to get flack for it? or?

i am confused
staypositivefriend
Hitman

falcon how do u feel about cape's most recent output
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 155

Post by falcon45ca »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:40 pm falcon how do u feel about cape's most recent output
It does nothing to sway me, feels like a snared wolf. Certainly not angry town at getting lynched
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:40 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:49 am and I’m trying not voting for Lorab for a second here because I don’t want to start any trouble and also I’m thinking about how I want the battle of the bands to look
ok so you think that lorab is mafia but you're not voting them bcuz you don't want to get flack for it? or?

i am confused
yeah I don't really know what I'm doing here
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I will say that "syndicate old-timer who snows a lot of people in a return game despite taking a wolf position all game" is a classic archetype
staypositivefriend
Hitman

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:12 pm I will say that "syndicate old-timer who snows a lot of people in a return game despite taking a wolf position all game" is a classic archetype
yeah i mean it wouldnt rock my world if falcon is mafia tbqh but i think the more simple explanation is that the wolfy player who is posting wolfy things is just a wolf
staypositivefriend
Hitman

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:59 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:40 pm falcon how do u feel about cape's most recent output
It does nothing to sway me, feels like a snared wolf. Certainly not angry town at getting lynched
how about tsp's output?
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 109
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Cape90 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:22 pm
LoRab wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:43 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:59 pm
LoRab wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:10 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:04 pm
LoRab wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:03 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:59 pm yes I did not appear on days 1 or 2
How is that possibly indicative?
in a game where you can post at night no less, there's simply no opportunity for me to just miss it. I take wolfing very seriously, I am not missing two days and two nights, especially if I have a team who can force me to remember that there's a game going on. I also take towning somewhat seriously but eh sometimes it slips through the cracks with work and all that.

this is post 14641, perhaps my last quartic number on this site.
I’ve played like maybe 3 games ever where you couldn’t talk at night….so not sure why or how that matters.

Do Nutella or Sheep know how to find you off this site? Maybe you just didn’t realize the game had started. That is weak logic.

And, if following that logic, why would you possibly suspect me? I didn’t show up until day 2.
it makes it harder for me to not be able to engage as soon as i enter the thread (it's also pretty uncommon these days for games to be open at night, too many people who post too much and would like more breaks)

nutella and sheep know how to find me off this site but I don't want to go into the mechanics of that because it's gets angleshooty (i mean it kinda already is but only in the way that meta is always a bit angleshooty)

it's because you and I are different people though I'm feeling better every second about you slash worse about cape who has literally disappeared
Thank you. That all makes a ton of sense, and has made me feel a lot better about you.

Going to switch to Cape for now…but will switch for the sake of self preservation if needed.

[VOTE: Cape] aubergine
This sentence really confuses me, like I am the most popular vote right now

*blinks
Because 2 people go into battle and I don’t want to be in second? Not sure why that doesn’t make sense.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:15 pm
LoRab wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:43 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:59 pm
LoRab wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:10 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:04 pm
LoRab wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:03 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:59 pm yes I did not appear on days 1 or 2
How is that possibly indicative?
in a game where you can post at night no less, there's simply no opportunity for me to just miss it. I take wolfing very seriously, I am not missing two days and two nights, especially if I have a team who can force me to remember that there's a game going on. I also take towning somewhat seriously but eh sometimes it slips through the cracks with work and all that.

this is post 14641, perhaps my last quartic number on this site.
I’ve played like maybe 3 games ever where you couldn’t talk at night….so not sure why or how that matters.

Do Nutella or Sheep know how to find you off this site? Maybe you just didn’t realize the game had started. That is weak logic.

And, if following that logic, why would you possibly suspect me? I didn’t show up until day 2.
it makes it harder for me to not be able to engage as soon as i enter the thread (it's also pretty uncommon these days for games to be open at night, too many people who post too much and would like more breaks)

nutella and sheep know how to find me off this site but I don't want to go into the mechanics of that because it's gets angleshooty (i mean it kinda already is but only in the way that meta is always a bit angleshooty)

it's because you and I are different people though I'm feeling better every second about you slash worse about cape who has literally disappeared
Thank you. That all makes a ton of sense, and has made me feel a lot better about you.

Going to switch to Cape for now…but will switch for the sake of self preservation if needed.

[VOTE: Cape] aubergine
i gotta admit - i kind of like the way that lorab shifted off of his suspicion on TSP during their exchange

lorab was really focused on TSP there for a while and seemed almost singularly tunneled on him

and if lorab is a wolf in a f5 who is facing increased pressure/scrutiny, i would expect this to be a moment where his suspicion on TSP would become more aggressive and more singular

but instead, he backed off of his suspicion on TSP and changed his mind about him in a way that comes off as pretty organic to me - i don't see an obvious scum incentive for lorab to back off the push there as a wolf
What he said made sense to me. And he answered questions in a way that made sense. still suspect him, but I suspect cape more.

Also, I’m a she/her.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Cape90 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:42 pm [VOTE: LoRab] aubergine

Kinda wanna see if I have the godread
Cape90 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:54 pm Porscha
DrWilgy

SPF
falcon45ca

Long Con

TSP (0 poster)

Sheep
LoRab

nutella
So you’re willing to get rid of a civ on the chance that you were right early in the game, without any real reason? Yeah, increasingly ok with my vote.

Also, you seem to have ignored my other points during my reread if you that explain why I suspect you.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Re: Battle of the Bands Mafia [Day 2]

Post by LoRab »

Cape90 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:34 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:28 pm
Cape90 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:25 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:22 pm
LoRab wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:50 pm The truly funny thing is that LC knows that I’m not going to be able to convince this group I’m right that he’s bad. Because it’s based on meta. And I haven’t been back long enough for the new wave of players doesn’t get how I think—and certainly doesn’t know which players I can accurately read. (There is only 1 player whom I could read better than LC—and if that player ever returned, I’m pretty sure I’d still be able to read him, as I can LC). But nearly no one knows that history.

Wilgy could theoretically remember, but I don’t think we played that much together—and that he would necessarily remember. But you know who does know this? Nutella.

And thinking that through, has caused me to start suspecting her. I am starting to believe that no matter which of them wins, the mafia loses a vote in the game and gains a prize.
there's also still a lot of little perspective stuff from lorab that makes it tough for me to get to a world where he's mafia

like making a post that projects such a high amount of confidence about your incorrect tunnel being mafia, to the extent that you suspect an actual wolf nutella for not agreeing with the tunnel, is the type of perspective that i think a wolf would have to jump through a lot of hoops to get to

]
LoRab wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:19 am I have a new strategy. We all ignore Long Con for the next 13 1/2 and a half hours or so. He’s just going to continue to spread seeds of chaos throughout the conversation. The more we respond, the more he’ll spew. You can think he’s guilty or not. But he’s definitely doing his best to distract us from discussing anything else. And, yeah, I’m also part of doing this. But it’s bad strategy to continue to goad him (other than possible off topic). Even if he is civ (which I very much doubt), we can engage with his ideas after the battle, should he be a contender (and I hope he is).

I, for one, is not going to answer LC’s FEBspewing. I’d rather think about what comes after this day and this night.

sorry, dude. You know I adore you. And also, say hi to BR!!
same with this post tbh - the conviction bleeds through in the way that lorab describes their read on long con in a way that just makes me think it was real
Eh, yeah sure there is conviction in there, but insisting to just ignore LC there, esp when he flipped town, is pretty anti to me. I never got the argument that LC was spreading chaos, I have talked about that at the time and I still do not get it

Just seems like being unfair for no good reason to a slot they just wanna push over
my issue here is that i feel like you're conflating anti-town with wolf indicative

like sure, maybe it is anti-town to shut out another player from communicating with the rest of the game

but is it wolf indicative? does it make lorab mafia?

it doesn't matter if it's "unfair" it just matters to me if it's wolfy
wolves have an anti town agenda

this behavior doesn't line up with how LoRab treated the flipped wolves this game.

Look, I have realized something when I played a lot of mafia in a row

A lot of wolves skate by because of this line of thinking that "oh they just did something anti-town, that doesn't make them wolf", when it's exactly what makes them wolf.
I was wrong about LC. I truly was convinced he was bad. I usually read him well.

I am not sure how you would have preferred me to comment on dead baddies? But, as I have often said. I play my style. I don’t change it because people who don’t know me might think I’m bad.

I’m not.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Re: Battle of the Bands Mafia [Night 3]

Post by LoRab »

Cape90 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:44 pm
LoRab wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:59 pm Ugh. I have no idea what songs to choose. I went with Crane your neck for the moment.

Because both Nutella and Sheep have been mentioned for Cricket, and I'm fine with either of them being sent home by the judges. And I didn't want to create a tie.

[VOTE: Crane Your Neck] aubergine
LoRab wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:50 pm My guess is also SPF for Glass Beach. Not sure about the other 2.

I'd be happy to switch to Glass Beach if anyone else will switch, as well, so as not to create a tie.
I want to draw attention to LoRab's night 3

LoRab clearly wanted nutella dead

LoRab voted nutella's song because quote: "Because both Nutella and Sheep have been mentioned for Cricket"

But with the colored thing, it's clear that LoRab at least had the idea that SPF's song was the glass beach song... so why not go for that instead of the Crane Your Neck song in the first place?
LoRab wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:53 pm [VOTE: Glass] aubergine
This shift over here only happened because it was called out earlier, I am guessing
I believe it was because I didn’t want to create a tie in that moment.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:28 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:59 pm
how about tsp's output?

I dunno how to really classify his play this game, but towny ain't it.

I do think Cape is the solve tho
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

After catching up (stupid snow days creating more work), I’m feeling good about a cape vote. And hoping that my song wins.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

I also like to note that confirmed mafia have been trying to get me lynched this whole game. And it seems that trend continues.

I hope to see you in the mafia morning.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Epignosis »

Who shall take the stage tonight?

Poll ended at Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:00 pm

TonyStarkPrime
No votes

Voters: None

LoRab
20%

Voters: Cape90, TonyStarkPrime

Cape90
30%

Voters: falcon45ca, staypositivefriend, LoRab

staypositivefriend
No votes

falcon45ca
No votes

Gastón Guzmán (The Host, the Non, The Dead)
50%

Voters: S~V~S, Scotty, nutella, Epignosis, JaggedJimmyJay

Total votes: 10
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 34

Re: Battle of the Bands Mafia [Night 5]

Post by Epignosis »

Battle of the Bands Night 5

Two bands come before you this evening. Tonight, we have:

Lorab vs. Cape90

If you have been nominated, you may not post and may only vote the non-player option in the poll to keep an eye on the results.

Everyone else will vote for the preferred track. Your vote may be based on whatever criteria you would like.

The submitter of the track with the most votes is safe from elimination and will receive a certificate granting a prize.

The submitter of the track with the fewest votes will need to find another venue.

During this process, the crooked poser judges will also eliminate someone from the competition.

After this, the entire process repeats itself.

Here are tonight's submissions:

Night 5 ends tomorrow at 4pm ET.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

The Boomtown Rats feels like it's Lorab, those lilting vocals remind me of that Cricket tune she really enjoyed.

Although I bet she also likes The Evens song asl well
staypositivefriend
Hitman

yeah my snap impression is that the boomtown song is lorab as well. the other song feels cape-y in aesthetics

havent listened to them yet tho
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Damn if I had known this was gonna be the matchup I might have used my power.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:15 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:12 pm I will say that "syndicate old-timer who snows a lot of people in a return game despite taking a wolf position all game" is a classic archetype
yeah i mean it wouldnt rock my world if falcon is mafia tbqh but i think the more simple explanation is that the wolfy player who is posting wolfy things is just a wolf
was not who I mwant
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

well here we are
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Schools should be closed tomorrow and then I can try to solve but if they’re not then I will just pick the song I like more as Richard Garfield intended
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i voted for the boomtown song
TonyStarkPrime

Re: Battle of the Bands Mafia [Day 1]

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Cape90 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:07 pm
pyxxy wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:20 pm @Cape90 what's with the Nutella read? Does she obv town on D1 often?
With most of nutella's posts I just find them... safe? You know? Like with the posts with content a lot of them wont have elaboration (with the exception of #221), also looking back there...
nutella wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:07 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:07 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:35 pm wilgy is townier than porscha i think
What if I said both are town
yeah probably
this convo kinda bothers me on nutella's end. Like if nutella believed both are town when she said "wilgy is townier then porscha i think" then it would kinda be a tad pointless to say, or at least say so without that clarification on the read that she thinks both are town though or whatever.
weird read but I could buy that it's in character for cape
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

just logically not consistent though, not that most people are in the wonderful game of mafia
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Long Con wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:53 pm Long Con
pyxxy
Cape90

Porscha
staypositivefriend

falcon45ca
Sheep

DrWilgy
LoRab
nutella

TonyStarkPrime

I mean... my reads are usually notoriously wrong, but this is kind of a generalization of where I think I stand.

After I flip, I hope everyone goes back through LoRab's posts, which I think are the posts of a Wolf that needed to choose a stance. She thought going anti-LC was a good route, but please notice that for all the accusations of "sowing seeds of chaos" and "chaos posting ridiculousness to distract us", she has not been able to identify a single post of mine that fits that description.
LC with a read list that seems mostly bound to be very good
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Cape90 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:54 pm Porscha
DrWilgy

SPF
falcon45ca

Long Con

TSP (0 poster)

Sheep
LoRab

nutella
cape's might still be better
TonyStarkPrime

Re: Battle of the Bands Mafia [Day 3]

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sheep wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:00 am very tenatively my gth reads are
wilgy
spf
tsp
lorab
cape
falcon
pyxxy
nutella

don't ask me about any of these thanks
putting nutella at the bottom, so where's his other partner going to be? good look for spf
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Cape90 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:57 pm [VOTE: nutella] aubergine

I kinda just want to vote this. But i have no problems with Sheep vs nutella today
this is towny, not resolving nutella v spf is good for wolves
TonyStarkPrime

Re: Battle of the Bands Mafia [Day 4]

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Cape90 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:17 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:33 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:31 pm Cuz in my mind, if SPF is a wolf, her partner would save Sheep, and vice versa.

All it would've taken is a tie on nut & sheep's song, 1 vote, correct?
This is exactly why there has to be a wolf between them.

It's like Nut/SPF and TSP and Sheep otherwise it doesn't make sense for Sheep to have not had a tie partially keeping them safe.
Yeah I agree with this take
ok it was a bad take from wilgy and I don't really know why cape is willing to give credence to it -- obviously with nutella flipped wolf you would probably choose not to tie it (though maybe you'd have sheep come out hard against nutella, other partner on the fence, resolve it and try to get sheep in a better position? sheep did come out hard, another point for spf)
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I'd like to unapologize to falcon
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

it's probably too late for wolves to switch their kill right
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

eh if it's spf i figure she was on to me and so it doesn't really matter
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

getting the uneasy feeling that we have a correct poe and I'm going to ruin it in f3
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

sheep didn't really have the energy to actually affect a hard read against nutella
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

LoRab wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:59 pm I also like to note that confirmed mafia have been trying to get me lynched this whole game. And it seems that trend continues.

I hope to see you in the mafia morning.
is this true?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I'll answer my own question: it's clearly not. Nutella chose to keep Lorab out the day 4 battle (though it wouldn't have changed anything but that was no guarantee), and sheep didn't do anything except keel over and die. which confirmed mafia has been trying to get lorab lynched?

that said, paranoia is pretty towny
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

i've seen the dangers of underestimating the range of syndi old-schoolers countless times -- Fargo mafia is still permanently seared into my brain. But I will say that the lorab iso is incredibly towny on tone and the torpedo on LC on day 2 is so bold that it strikes me as too blatant to come from a such a wolf, even if LC saw it differently
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

nutella wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:27 pm I still kinda think the third is lorab, she's had like a weirdly rigid vibe all game and has seemed to be feigning investment in anything since LC flipped

but i could see an argument for like everyone else too lol
and like ok nutella wasn't trying to get lorab lynched but there are a lot of stray shots, don't think it can just be distancing, not sure that the writing on the wall was that clear
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

nutella wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:22 pm I'm alive and we got a mafia I'll take it!

I guess SPF got the prize even though my song was better tho tbh smh but at least she's on the poll

i think pyxxy was right and spf/sheep are teamed so i will continue to [VOTE: spf] aubergine

we got this
huh really not sure how to take this wrt nka. nutella, on her deathbed, sends in the wilgy kill, but the partner never follows up. or at least, not yet...
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

i'm putting the vote on the other song to give spf or falcon the opportunity to come back and get wise, but I don't think that's likely
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

nutella wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:16 pm mmmmm i would have to consider pyxxy again i think. but otherwise like, sheep/lorab/cape?
ugh
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

ughhhhhhh
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

ok I have an out to win the game, no one is going to see this one coming
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

i jujst really don't think it's cape
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

becoming convinced it's not lorab
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

that's such a good post by falcon though and like
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

spf has that in her playbook but does nutella?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

therefore I am forced to conclude

Return to “Previous Jobs”