Game of Champions: West Facility (Night 2)

Have you donated your art for the art show?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:00 pm

Yes, I’m a true artiste
67%
No, but I do I eat paint
33%

Total votes: 3
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 32

Re: Game of Champions: West Facility (Day 1)

Post by sig »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:00 pm I propose we kill scrappy doo
Weren’t we on the same team that game?

Either way it’s a sock that may have voting power, might be able to get killed, but generally would be a waste to shoot imo.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Spoiler: show
S~V~S wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:33 am
Good Morning, West Facility!
My my, you guys are chatty!

I am here today to clarify the "Info Dumping" rules. We have been getting some questions, and I would like to clear it up on day one.

We are trying to prevent statements like, "I am the cop, and I checked SVS last night and she is a wolf". Or "I'm a neighborizer and I have a neighborhood with the tracker and the watcher and they say Scotty is a wolf.". We built a fairly complex game, and this rule helps maintain balance.

We realize that banning info in game spaces can have the side effect of also disallowing fake claims, and, well, if there are no real claims, you don't need to make a fake one :cloud9:

* "I am town" is not a role claim
* "I am a Cop" *IS* a role claim.
* "I am going to kill you" is not a role claim
* I am going to kill you tonight" *IS* a role claim since it implies you have a night kill

Our other point is this; we are happy to answer questions and listen to complaints about this in Discord channels; I love listening to complaints. Please don't complain in thread.

We want everyone to have a good time, including us :workit: coming up with penalties and then having to actually use them is no fun for you or us. We are all super smart, successful Mafia champions (you have to be smart to play this game!). We can figure this out.

And again, if you have any concerns/complaints, please not in the thread. Thank You!
This is not an endorsement of QotSA, but this song was very thematic.
Oooo someone in the other threads in trouble
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

leetic wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:45 pm Anyway, I wonder if we're split randomly or if there's a balance in some way. In Severance, it was pretty clear that there'd likely be an even amount of wolves on both sides for the most part (although PRs were pretty skewed) but I'm not sure that holds up here.

I know this was answered, but I’d assume an equal or near equal amount of mafia in both threads and everything else is random.

If it’s multiball I’d say each team is split, but until we have some proof of that I’ll pretend it doesn’t exist
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I’ll add to the scrappy doo stuff some more.

As already said they were a sock third party. The owner lucy had some goal that I can’t remember now, but it did have voting power and could be killed.

Also falcon was on my team that game not TSP.

I like LC train of thought on the secret Santa thing, that seems very much within his town meta.

Epi is a gut town read.

I’m liking Abigail posts even though she’s creating a town core :p

I’m eyeing Daisy right now, her play style right now reminds me of muppets, where she was present but a bit flatflooted being mafia.
ImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 74
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

Kinda think Falcon is a wolf.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Scrappy Doo
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Scrappy Doo »

HI

IM HERE

TO KILL MAFIA

WITH MY

PUPPY POWER

YEAH!!!!
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 132
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

sig wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:07 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:27 pm And here I was...

...rejoicing at not having to look at 81+ posts of cartoons that could get me arrested in some jurisdictions....

...only to realize I was looking at the wrong list of names. :sigh:
:ponder:

Let’s be real this is the superior half of the game :p

Rip the east side they’ll probably have a million fluff posts and Gullio/Allison flaming each other over some nonsense (no offense when you eventually read this :nicenod: )
Aww I'm part of the superior half
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

Scrappy Doo wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:55 pm HI

IM HERE

TO KILL MAFIA

WITH MY

PUPPY POWER

YEAH!!!!
Should I tunnel you again?

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

sig wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:20 pm I’ll add to the scrappy doo stuff some more.

As already said they were a sock third party. The owner lucy had some goal that I can’t remember now, but it did have voting power and could be killed.

Also falcon was on my team that game not TSP.

I like LC train of thought on the secret Santa thing, that seems very much within his town meta.

Epi is a gut town read.

I’m liking Abigail posts even though she’s creating a town core :p

I’m eyeing Daisy right now, her play style right now reminds me of muppets, where she was present but a bit flatflooted being mafia.
I'm here to be towny and still drive you crazy

ImageImage

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 110
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Scrappy, tell us about yourself
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

[VOTE: Falcon] aubergine
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Seanzie wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:08 pm [VOTE: Falcon] aubergine
Based on his suspicion of you, for saying you would have to read and try?
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Long Con wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:10 pm
No. I remembered that I found him sus D0. He doesn't have any of the sharpness that town!Falcon has. Town!Falcon will make plenty of fluffy posts, but will also interject with some pointed, mildly aggressive questions and observations. Scum!Falcon doesn't do that second part, and I didn't see any of that D0. Today, him voting me without pushing or real reason just corroborates this view.

falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 59

Post by falcon45ca »

leetic wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:15 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:14 pm
leetic wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:11 pm Epignosis: GTH wolf, the jump on me is lame (I mean, there's nutella?)
nutella isn't locked in here with me, is she? :charlieblackmon:

There was no jump on your either. You're calling it a jump. I'm telling you I don't know where you stand after 22 posts of Day 0 complaints.
And your point is?

I think his point is obvious, don't you?

Do you feel town should make themselves readable by other town?
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Seanzie wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:48 pm
No. I remembered that I found him sus D0. He doesn't have any of the sharpness that town!Falcon has. Town!Falcon will make plenty of fluffy posts, but will also interject with some pointed, mildly aggressive questions and observations. Scum!Falcon doesn't do that second part, and I didn't see any of that D0. Today, him voting me without pushing or real reason just corroborates this view.

You said there weren't any players you had feelings about in this...side game? I don't know what to call where we are now

I also recall you stating N0 you found me wolfy

Why did you lie?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Scrappy Doo
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Scrappy Doo »

Long Con wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:55 pm Scrappy, tell us about yourself
Dog

Bark
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:00 pm There’s a button here to call someone to unlock the case. The button doesn’t do anything. I found someone and she told me to go to customer service and they’d have to page someone. So I go to the customer service guy on the other side of the store and he says “well let me check who’s over there” and walks like a video game character you have to follow to complete a quest across the store to the automotive section, where he looks around and says “there’s no one here, I’ll have to go page someone”. Then he walks back to the customer service case at a pace that would make a snail blush and 10 minutes later I hear the announcement over the intercom, someone to I25. That was 10 minutes ago. I’m still here.
When I first read this, I thought you were writing some short fiction or something. I was hooked by the end of the second sentence, gets you right into the tension.

So how long did it finally take, and did you get it changed?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

leetic wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:27 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:23 pm A teammate would be nice right about now. :(
Hate to use this term, but LAMIST
I suspect leetic and nutella have that advantage. Their Day 0 interaction was goofy and over the top. It was acting. Check it out.
Have you seen our interactions in Philosophy 2? That was nothing.
Unprompted, leetic brings up nutella in this thread by way of accusing me as though I can do jack shit about it. Acting.
You said I never suspected anyone, then I bring up someone I had openly suspected, and now you wanna play dumb?

Why use the term LAMIST if you dislike it, especially to describe a post that is borderline LAMIST?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:40 pm I too read very little of Night 0.

LAMIST?

Maybe
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

falcon45ca wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:34 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:23 pm A teammate would be nice right about now. :(
I suspect leetic and nutella have that advantage. Their Day 0 interaction was goofy and over the top. It was acting. Check it out.
Unprompted, leetic brings up nutella in this thread by way of accusing me as though I can do jack shit about it. Acting.
You said I never suspected anyone, then I bring up someone I had openly suspected, and now you wanna play dumb?

Why use the term LAMIST if you dislike it, especially to describe a post that is borderline LAMIST?
Did you ask that pointed, mildly aggressive question just because of what Seanzie said?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Long Con wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:45 am Instead you get this one.

Fuckin bad ass storyline, one of Iron Man's best
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

falcon45ca wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:36 pm

LAMIST?

Maybe
Now you're being lamest.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Long Con wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:36 pm

Did you ask that pointed, mildly aggressive question just because of what Seanzie said?

Haha, no but the Beetlejuice irony is not lost on me
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

falcon45ca wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:37 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:45 am Instead you get this one.

Fuckin bad ass storyline, one of Iron Man's best
Character-defining.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Long Con wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:37 pm

LAMIST?

Maybe
Now you're being lamest.

Totes lame is my preferential method of lame
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Yeah, pretty bang-on.

@Seanzie do you believe this shit?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

falcon45ca wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:38 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:37 pm

LAMIST?

Maybe
Now you're being lamest.

Totes lame is my preferential method of lame
It was totes lame to sit in the motel seat.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Scrappy Doo wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:33 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:55 pm Scrappy, tell us about yourself
Dog

Bark
LAMIST
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:50 pm Day 0 was 14 pages of mostly shit. Sorry. I wanted so much more.

What exactly do you mean by 'so much more'?

It's N0, there no flips for info. Discussion is what the game is, and N0 was full of discussion. Why does that bother you?

What would have satisfied your N0 expectations?
☆Princess Abigail☆

That conversation was really lame

ImageImage

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:24 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:27 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:22 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:19 pm Also, no one I had any feelings about are in this group... Oh well.
This should be taken as a positive.
It puts me back at square one and means I'll actually need to read and pay attention a bit.

So, if you had been placed w/ players you do have feelings about, you wouldn't need to read & pay attention?
This one also arguably satisfies the criteria, "pointed, mildly aggressive questions or observations".
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:42 am I suspect the other thread is lapping us in terms of post count.

Hmmmmm...do post count, or post quality matter more?

This feels like posting for the sake of posting
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:45 pm That conversation was really lame
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:45 pm That conversation was really lame

I recall enjoying myself
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:34 am ok seriously I didn't really count at first but what's scrappy doo

Sock puppet account from Scooby-Doo Maf IIRC, I suspect the same is true here
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 80
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

falcon45ca wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:45 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:42 am I suspect the other thread is lapping us in terms of post count.

It sure is.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Caitlin wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:45 am So for example, me taking the time to explain all that when I said I didnt have time and also didn't create content, was probably LAMIST

So is this acknowledgement
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:49 pm

It sure is.

What's your motivation behind that speculation?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

[VOTE: sloon] aubergine
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

falcon45ca wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:54 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:49 pm

It sure is.

What's your motivation behind that speculation?
I had a thought, and then I converted that thought into finger movements over my keyboard. Then, I pressed "Submit." The whole process resulted in very mild amusement.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

falcon45ca wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:32 pm

You said there weren't any players you had feelings about in this...side game? I don't know what to call where we are now

Why did you lie?
I didn't lie, persay, when I made the first post, my initial sus of you had slipped my mind. That's the whole "I remembered" thing. I also realized Caitlin is in our group (I think?) so I was wrong on multiple accounts.

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Long Con wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:38 pm

Yeah, pretty bang-on.

@Seanzie do you believe this shit?
:shrug: I'm just watching for now.

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Caitlin wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:41 am My friends are coming over today cuz it was my bday two days ago so I wont rlly be here today sorry

So do we all think the Secret Santa thing is positive? If so, any thoughts on me giving mine to Cape? I townread Cape & WWA the most on the other side and afaik WWA is a pretty controversial one making me lead towards giving it to Cape
I'd call this the right kind of reason to give someone a Secret Santa.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Long Con wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:45 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:24 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:27 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:22 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:19 pm Also, no one I had any feelings about are in this group... Oh well.
This should be taken as a positive.
It puts me back at square one and means I'll actually need to read and pay attention a bit.

So, if you had been placed w/ players you do have feelings about, you wouldn't need to read & pay attention?
This one also arguably satisfies the criteria, "pointed, mildly aggressive questions or observations".
I disagree. It's a useless made to create a reason to post a vote no matter what I say. My post clearly implied the answer to the question he asked.

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

I just got a text from the Gov't, saying there's been a tax error in my favour!

All I need to do is text them my SIN & CC numbers...just gotta hit send, and I'm rich!
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[VOTE: Delta] aubergine
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

:ponder: Does it corroborate the first view though? "Voting without pushing or real reason" isn't the same as "doesn't interject with pointed, mildly aggressive etc." Right? But you are saying it does, and I just detect some level of fakeness going on here, both from the fact that falcon HAD asked such a question prior to this, and for the dodgy corroboration and general vibe.

[VOTE: seanzie] aubergine
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Seanzie wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:58 pm

Why did you lie?
I didn't lie, persay, when I made the first post, my initial sus of you had slipped my mind. That's the whole "I remembered" thing. I also realized Caitlin is in our group (I think?) so I was wrong on multiple accounts.

I find it odd that you would be that absent minded

Town tend to have a lot more of a laser-like focus on their suspicions without any new info

What are your reads outside of my slot?
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Long Con wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:06 pm
:ponder: Does it corroborate the first view though? "Voting without pushing or real reason" isn't the same as "doesn't interject with pointed, mildly aggressive etc." Right? But you are saying it does, and I just detect some level of fakeness going on here, both from the fact that falcon HAD asked such a question prior to this, and for the dodgy corroboration and general vibe.

[VOTE: seanzie] aubergine
Let me know when you want to read the words I wrote without filling in things I didn't say. I found Falcon's D0 questionable. I found Falcon's vote on my questionable. I never said that Falcon's vote was exactly the same thing as Falcon's vote on me, but that the lackluster approach to the vote corroborated my earlier view.

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

falcon45ca wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:14 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:58 pm

Why did you lie?

I find it odd that you would be that absent minded

Town tend to have a lot more of a laser-like focus on their suspicions without any new info

What are your reads outside of my slot?
You're probably not realizing that I only reluctantly joined this game because... idk because mafia is hard to stay away from, and I'd rather not get too sucked into it since my IRL life and career seem to have an inverse relationship with how hard I play mafia.

I don't have any well-formed reads on anyone else. I don't even know what my read on your slot is right now.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”