Game of Champions: West Facility (Night 2)

Have you donated your art for the art show?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:00 pm

Yes, I’m a true artiste
67%
No, but I do I eat paint
33%

Total votes: 3
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 80
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him
It’s my birthday

Re: Game of Champions: West Facility (Day 2)

Post by Sloonei »

leetic wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:16 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:14 pm There are two mafia factions. Thirty people? GoC? Two old-school hosts? There was always going to be. We now have confirmation of it in pyxxy's death.

Landlords is one.

There is another.

There will also likely be independents.

I would be surprised if the setup were anything different.
What do you make of the only one kill? Do they target different threads, or did they happen to pick the same target, or is the other team exclusively in the other thread?
We haven’t seen any flips from the other facility. I would guess there were multiple kills, but we only saw the one that targeted a player in our thread.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 111

Post by Epignosis »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:14 pm There are two mafia factions. Thirty people? GoC? Two old-school hosts? There was always going to be. We now have confirmation of it in pyxxy's death.

Landlords is one.

There is another.

What do you make of the only one kill? Do they target different threads, or did they happen to pick the same target, or is the other team exclusively in the other thread?
One team kills on odd Nights, one team kills on even Nights.

Alternatively, the other kill took place in the other thread.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 172
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:08 pm I took pyxxy’s flip as a suggestion if multi-ball. GoC’s have historically featured multiple mafia factions as well.

If we are in a multi-ball game, then I would speculate that pyxxy’s deflated behavior at EoD suggests they were alone in this facility.
Seems somewhat doubtful. If anything, I would think it was because they were Zerg Rushed by so many people at EoD. They never seemed to be that invested in the first place.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:18 pm

Landlords is one.

There is another.

In Severance, there was one team that killed one person in each thread each night. Not sure if it's the standard here, think it would be a bit screwy for parity if one thread can be hit twice while the other has no deaths.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

[VOTE: Ricochet] aubergine

I enter Day 2 with very little impression of Rico. Is that good? Bad? Something in between?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Seanzie wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:13 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:07 pm
Seanzie wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:58 pm So in the other thread, it looks like they elimmed Lime, and he flipped wolf. Some people elsewhere think Sig is a wolf.
How do you know this?
I got messages from players in the other thread. Theoretically it could be lies (and the Sig thing is a read, not any sort of result), but I'd guess it is accurate.
If this is true (regarding Lime Coke), then there's a pathway to searching for his teammates in here (as well as pyxxy's).
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 9
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

It has come to my attention that pyxxy is still on the poll. That is a mistake. Do not vote for pyxxy, as he is dead.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I have some open tabs from before, but I cannot address them until I'm done working tonight.
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 74
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

leetic wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:24 pm

Landlords is one.

There is another.

In Severance, there was one team that killed one person in each thread each night. Not sure if it's the standard here, think it would be a bit screwy for parity if one thread can be hit twice while the other has no deaths.
The "two thread" thing is non-standard, so there isn't really a TS standard to apply here.

One thing that seems off based on my experiece with GoC is actually how few deaths we've had. Last year, I think like 5 or 6 people died N1, and two years ago there was a D1 vigfest that took out at least three or four people.

I would not count on parity, but perhaps this is outdated due to Nook not being one of the game creators (I think he was the source for much of the KP)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:25 pm
Seanzie wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:58 pm So in the other thread, it looks like they elimmed Lime, and he flipped wolf. Some people elsewhere think Sig is a wolf.
How do you know this?
I got messages from players in the other thread. Theoretically it could be lies (and the Sig thing is a read, not any sort of result), but I'd guess it is accurate.
If this is true (regarding Lime Coke), then there's a pathway to searching for his teammates in here (as well as pyxxy's).
He made only 6 posts N0, mostly fluff. If I was being super generous, I might give Abigail a non-teamed read with him.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 32

Post by sig »

Yea I’m not entertaining any of this when there’s zero way to engage ppl in another thread who has said thoughts and seems like a great way to derail our momentum
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 32

Post by sig »

Seanzie wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:28 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:24 pm

Landlords is one.

There is another.

The "two thread" thing is non-standard, so there isn't really a TS standard to apply here.

One thing that seems off based on my experiece with GoC is actually how few deaths we've had. Last year, I think like 5 or 6 people died N1, and two years ago there was a D1 vigfest that took out at least three or four people.

I would not count on parity, but perhaps this is outdated due to Nook not being one of the game creators (I think he was the source for much of the KP)

I’d say this is more normal pace for deaths you had a lot of people use their vig power early in the past.
ImageImage
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

How do you know this?
Are we sure they're on separate teams?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

sig wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:42 pm
Yea I’m not entertaining any of this when there’s zero way to engage ppl in another thread who has said thoughts and seems like a great way to derail our momentum
Why would news of a wolf flip derail our momentum?

Are you trying to say I'm lying? If so, what do you think of my alignment?

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 110
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Hey guys, not too much time right now but I'm trying to put all my thoughts into a post as I read the thread. I won't have all that much chance to post for the next 48 hours, unfortunately, but I will read everything, and try to respond and give thoughts.
Scotty wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:48 pm Special Socky's Announcement

The Winner of the Turnip Head Award is:
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:23 pm Image
Wait
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:05 pm Really annoyed Cait died though I was happy to finally be playing FM together again

Anyways on a date bbl
Damn, you got over her fast! :scared:
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:08 pm i did NOT kill caitlin but I might have caause I suck at mafia
Me neither... just without the severe level of doubt that you have. What's up, Tony?
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:13 pm blolt sbit mpo
:srsnod:
sig wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:13 pm Also immediate post flip thoughts

Leetic, Epi, and Abi look very good.

The counter wagons were delta and Sean. Delta I still don’t have enough info on, but Sean is looking better.

I’m now heavily eyeing falcon and LC.
That's fair, I wish I had gotten on the pyxxy train, but those accolades belong elsewhere. Just before the time was up, you said you liked my case on Seanzie. I feel like he's on several town lists, so your opinion is kind of an outlier. Do you still like it?

Reading on, I like the way that leetic seems to genuinely misunderstand the general consensus of what's going on re: multiball. BUT he did send a Secret Santa Gift to Lime Coke, if I'm not mistaken. Guess it wasn't a Get Out of Jail Free card.
sig wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:42 pm
I bet the other thread will merge with ours sooner than later. Maybe these elsewhere-folk can speak for themselves then.
leetic wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:55 pm
How do you know this?
Are we sure they're on separate teams?
I thought he meant the Secret Santa.

So, anyway, I'll try to post again later, so busy right now. So busy.
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 132
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

leetic wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:22 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:08 pm I took pyxxy’s flip as a suggestion if multi-ball. GoC’s have historically featured multiple mafia factions as well.

If we are in a multi-ball game, then I would speculate that pyxxy’s deflated behavior at EoD suggests they were alone in this facility.
Seems somewhat doubtful. If anything, I would think it was because they were Zerg Rushed by so many people at EoD. They never seemed to be that invested in the first place.
I kinda think pyx gave up cause they ended up getting bussed their play makes no sense except in world's where they were being bussed by EoD
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

Seanzie wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:30 pm
How do you know this?
He made only 6 posts N0, mostly fluff. If I was being super generous, I might give Abigail a non-teamed read with him.
Hmm why?

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

Going to take a nap before work

I had planned to push Daisy today so them being killed off has thrown me off a bit

ImageImage

leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:05 pm

I kinda think pyx gave up cause they ended up getting bussed their play makes no sense except in world's where they were being bussed by EoD
Them being bussed may have ended up happening but it probably wasn't the plan. Look at their posts from earlier in the phase, it's not like EoD was a significant drop in motivation for them
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:08 pm Going to take a nap before work

I had planned to push Daisy today so them being killed off has thrown me off a bit
What exactly were you going to push them for? Slanking?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
☆Princess Abigail☆

leetic wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:09 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:05 pm

Them being bussed may have ended up happening but it probably wasn't the plan. Look at their posts from earlier in the phase, it's not like EoD was a significant drop in motivation for them
Yeah that's what I mean I think Pyxxy was gonna play got caught for run up and than their team jumped on them to and they just gave up at EoD because their team decided to bus for cred when the wagon ran up

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

leetic wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:09 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:08 pm Going to take a nap before work

What exactly were you going to push them for? Slanking?
Yeah maybe to generate some activity

I spent last night thinking and talking and didn't really know where to go so kinda decided to take the easy way out

I gotta go to bed I'm being yelled at

ImageImage

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:07 pm
Seanzie wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:30 pm
How do you know this?
Hmm why?
You are the only person he engaged with, and he did so with a joke in a way that I think is more likely "hey, non-teammate, I'll make you laugh so you like me" than "Hey, this is theatre".

leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Long Con wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:02 pm That's fair, I wish I had gotten on the pyxxy train, but those accolades belong elsewhere. Just before the time was up, you said you liked my case on Seanzie. I feel like he's on several town lists, so your opinion is kind of an outlier. Do you still like it?
But you were on the pyxxy wagon? Do you mean you wish you had gotten on earlier?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 59

Post by falcon45ca »

BOOM!

I got a Secret Santa gift that came with an interesting note
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

leetic wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:06 pm - I think it's likely that some part of Caitlin and pyxxy's roles is hidden. I doubt that they are both vanilla in a game that supposedly has a lot of non-vanilla roles.
Look at your own role.

Compare the formatting to that of pyxxy's and Caitin's revealed role.

Draw a conclusion.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I closed the old tabs I left open rather than talk about them. In hindsight, they weren't interesting enough to keep up. Had them up in case I needed to reference them after losing access to this one.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Hell, two thirds of them were going to be me yelling at Caitlin anyway.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

*A third, not two thirds.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

It was TSP and Ricochet who were bewildered by the pyxxy vote. If you want a level one start on Day 2, begin there.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Game of Champions: West Facility (Day 1)

Post by Epignosis »

In going through pyxxy's 25 posts here, nothing particularly stands out, and I suspect that's how pyxxy wanted it.
pyxxy wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:50 pm
Caitlin wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:47 pm
pyxxy wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:46 pm I do apologize I know that I have set expectations for my play but I truly was feeling low on energy after that dub

you're getting EOD pyxxy rn so a bit more pumped up but I feel like the phase has accurately representative of me rn and I don't think chopping me is a waste, in that sense

@/everyone who's reasonably trying to interact with me
Plz make some reads if you're town
no like truly, I do not have the juice this time around. NAI.
Just completely juiceless.
pyxxy wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:54 pm
Caitlin wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:52 pm
pyxxy wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:51 pm having saved that VC. I can say that I doubt we should ever chop Seanzie here
Why
gut feeling
Well, wine is juice, I suppose.

I think pyxxy did an admirable job keeping the bread crumbs to a minimum.

For leetic's benefit, I think if you read pyxxy's role description again, there is a hint of an insanifier-type role, in which case one of us would be speaking gibberish for the rest of the Day if hit with it.

Might check Day 0 in a bit.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

How do you know this?
So I'm wondering where this Sig thing came from. I mean, I think someone in this very thread said that Sig's N0 was wolfy, so it's not like it came out of nowhere; still, did someone in the other thread really have nothing better to do with their time than look over the N0 thread at people who weren't even playing on their side? And why single out Sig over other people, like me who was if anything under more scrutiny N0 than Sig was?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

That was a waste of 92 seconds.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Going to have to look at each person's treatment of pyxxy instead. Don't know that I feel like doing that right now but I probably will because I hate myself.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Anyway, how much wolves are expected here? Severance had 6, 3 to each thread. Is 8 (4 per thread/faction) reasonable, given that this seems to be multiball and you'd expect there to be a bit more wolves? I doubt there's less than 11 townies in 15 players though, so independents could screw things up. But maybe that's why Scrappy and whoever the other thread's guy are there, to pad out the numbers?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Porscha
Made Man
Posts in topic: 96

Post by Porscha »

pyxxy wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:49 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:44 pm I want to know who is controlling Scrappy, AND I feel like it's distasteful to try and crack it out of him in the thread. :haha:
almost certainly can't claim puppet master bc rules

given unfamiliarity with my most recent game / didn't open or read it, yet familiarity with me

given not wanting to vote delta or whoever the other one was

given sloonei probably unlikely to stack on himself bc of self-professed "focus topic votes", which would lead to scrappy being used sooner + differently

math says caitlin

and because I'm already using this post for lots of things, scrappy = caitlin = town caitlin

that's the juice I've got
scrappy said they weren't familiar with me though. so they are either lying about that fact or not caitlin
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Porscha wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:48 pm
pyxxy wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:49 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:44 pm I want to know who is controlling Scrappy, AND I feel like it's distasteful to try and crack it out of him in the thread. :haha:
almost certainly can't claim puppet master bc rules

given unfamiliarity with my most recent game / didn't open or read it, yet familiarity with me

given not wanting to vote delta or whoever the other one was

given sloonei probably unlikely to stack on himself bc of self-professed "focus topic votes", which would lead to scrappy being used sooner + differently

math says caitlin

and because I'm already using this post for lots of things, scrappy = caitlin = town caitlin

that's the juice I've got
scrappy said they weren't familiar with me though. so they are either lying about that fact or not caitlin
If Scrappy is a wolf, that may have been intended to throw town off the scent. Still, it would be odd to kill Caitlin immediately afterward if they intended to use her as a decoy — unless it was a different wolf team that killed Caitlin.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

Is there any reason to explicitly suspect that Scrappy Doo is mafia?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:52 pm Is there any reason to explicitly suspect that Scrappy Doo is mafia?
Their go-with-the-flow reads for one and overly performative style (before they dropped it after being called out). Though if they are, they're unlikely to be aligned with pyxxy
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

I want to establish how much wolves and how much per thread there are likely to be early on, since if pyxxy doesn't even have a partner here wolfhunting via pyxxy interactions will get us nowhere
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

leetic wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:53 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:52 pm Is there any reason to explicitly suspect that Scrappy Doo is mafia?
Their go-with-the-flow reads for one and overly performative style (before they dropped it after being called out). Though if they are, they're unlikely to be aligned with pyxxy
I do not view either of these things as overtly suspicious.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

leetic wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:55 pm I want to establish how much wolves and how much per thread there are likely to be early on, since if pyxxy doesn't even have a partner here wolfhunting via pyxxy interactions will get us nowhere
I'll tell you right now. Are you ready for this? Might want to sit down first.

You don't know unless you do. Welcome to Mafia.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:55 pm
Not too overly indicative of wolf, but not what I'd expect from town actually trying to solve the game; Scrappy's posts try to give the impression they're saying something important but lack the substance to back any of it up. If I wanted to confbias tunnel here, I could also point out their weird fixation on me at EoD despite supposedly having pyxxy at higher priority throughout the day; if they were partners they might have expected pyxxy's weird throw in the towel post to actually work and for some of the heat to be redirected at me. Still though, I think ITP is considerably more likely here.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Delta
Delta wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:37 am @pyxxy get over here >:c I'm not over how the mountainous game ended
Delta summoned pyxxy on his fourth post here. I think that's noteworthy.

I won't quote the series of cartoons, but it's a nothing that goes nowhere even though pyxxy is a subject of conversation. You can read it for yourself.
Delta wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:31 pm
Pyxxy is a question mark really. Would like to work with him but he hasnt really been around to do so. More commenting on jokes in thread or trying to solve who is behind the sock puppet instead of solving the game itself? I dunno. Just kinda odd lol
pyxxy is no longer a question mark (really). I view this as a teammate who doesn't know what to do with a colleague who left his juice at home. The commentary from Delta warrants suspicion, not a handwave and a lol.
Delta wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:32 pm
Caitlin wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:30 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:20 pm
Delta wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:16 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:15 pm
Delta wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:12 pm Coming up to final hour x_x terrifying

Comfortable with my townreads I think? Abi/Cait/Epi/LC/Porscha/Ricochet/Seanzie/Scrappy

Probably throw Sloonei on that list? Maybe a little generous in doing so but eh, feels comfortable to me so :shrug:
Are you saying that you feel comfortable with me, or are you awarding me a town read because I seem comfortable?
The former, feel comfortable giving you a townread here and seeing how things play out once there's a flip on the board
Gotcha, thanks.

Removing all your town reads, we're left with these players:

Falcon45ca
leetic
pyxxy
sig
Spacedaisy
TonyStarkPrime

Would you care to share some brief thoughts on each of them?
Wow that rlly shows how many TRs Delta has ouch
Like I said, I'll work through them based on what happens.

it's also not that many, 9/6 townread/POE ratio, it's not that bad x_x
This is not directly related to pyxxy, but it looks uncomfortable.
Delta wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:33 pm
Caitlin wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:32 pm I'ma quickly ISO Pyxxy
it's a fun ISO at least
I read it. What was fun about it?
Delta wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:42 pm @pyxxy

work with me a second, run me through your thoughts here? \o/
This is the second time Delta summoned pyxxy, and this time it's "work with me a second."

End of Day is in 18 minutes.
Delta wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:48 pm
Caitlin wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:46 pm
Delta wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:44 pm
Caitlin wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm
Delta wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:42 pm @pyxxy

work with me a second, run me through your thoughts here? \o/
When I do it its townie but when Delta does it its wolfy tbh
cannot win ;_;
Correct

Its just my paranoia of you pocketing Pyxxy

Funnily enough it didnt kick in with Leetic speaking to Pyxxy when I have you above null and dont have Leetic above null

I'm weird
am harmless

& I've wanted to work with Pyxxy in the games we've been in together and both of the past ones we've been v/w

I'd like to be able to talk at least \o/
This is in response to Caitlin, who is dead.

Delta reiterates his desire to "work with" pyxxy. The problem is they've been on opposite teams (according to Delta).

Here's why this doesn't make any damn sense. Let's go back:
Delta wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:32 pm
Caitlin wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:30 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:20 pm
Delta wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:16 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:15 pm
Delta wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:12 pm Coming up to final hour x_x terrifying

Comfortable with my townreads I think? Abi/Cait/Epi/LC/Porscha/Ricochet/Seanzie/Scrappy

Probably throw Sloonei on that list? Maybe a little generous in doing so but eh, feels comfortable to me so :shrug:
Are you saying that you feel comfortable with me, or are you awarding me a town read because I seem comfortable?
The former, feel comfortable giving you a townread here and seeing how things play out once there's a flip on the board
Gotcha, thanks.

Removing all your town reads, we're left with these players:

Falcon45ca
leetic
pyxxy
sig
Spacedaisy
TonyStarkPrime

Would you care to share some brief thoughts on each of them?
Wow that rlly shows how many TRs Delta has ouch
Like I said, I'll work through them based on what happens.

it's also not that many, 9/6 townread/POE ratio, it's not that bad x_x
Why specifically pyxxy out of these names? There are so many- SO MANY- in Delta's good pile, that Delta could be working with them. Instead, Delta wants to get pyxxy (mafia) more involved.

When Delta finally gets a response out of pyxxy:
Delta wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:52 pm
pyxxy wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:51 pm having saved that VC. I can say that I doubt we should ever chop Seanzie here
can roll with that, who would you vote here?
"can roll with that"

That's working with pyxxy, Delta?

That's...a nod.
Delta wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:55 pm my voters could genuinely all be town

what the fuck do I do with this

& could someone w/ prior experience with TSP run me through if their general 'idrc' vibes are AI for them in any way :,)
Delta wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:58 pm
Caitlin wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:58 pm Delta - 3 - Porscha, Sean, Tony
Leetic - 4 - Delta, Rico, Pyxxy, Scrappy
Pyxxy - 5 - Leetic, Epi, Sloonei, Cait, Abbi
Sean - 2 - LC, Falcon

Delta, for someone CW-voting you're awfully quiet wrt pushing away
it's mainly like 'what do I do here I dont even think I'm being pushed by mafia'
Delta kept a vote on leetic. I think Delta is highly compatible with pyxxy given the above.

While there were attempts to drag pyxxy into the game, they look like desperate shots at getting pyxxy to speak up and not get lynched.

There were no attempts made to bring Spacedaisy into the fold, for instance.

[VOTE: Delta] aubergine
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:56 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:55 pm I want to establish how much wolves and how much per thread there are likely to be early on, since if pyxxy doesn't even have a partner here wolfhunting via pyxxy interactions will get us nowhere

If there are two teams of three, then there would be a 50% chance pyxxy has a partner in this thread unless one team is only in this thread and the other is only in the other thread (or there is an uneven number of wolves in each thread for some reason). Still, that's assuming six, and with eight or more a partner would be guaranteed, not to mention if the other team is only in the other thread. So I'd say it's most likely a safe assumption that pyxxy has at least one partner here, but any more is not something we can depend on.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

leetic wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:08 am
Epignosis wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:56 pm

If there are two teams of three, then there would be a 50% chance pyxxy has a partner in this thread unless one team is only in this thread and the other is only in the other thread (or there is an uneven number of wolves in each thread for some reason). Still, that's assuming six, and with eight or more a partner would be guaranteed, not to mention if the other team is only in the other thread. So I'd say it's most likely a safe assumption that pyxxy has at least one partner here, but any more is not something we can depend on.
Stop playing against the hosts and play against the players.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
It’s my birthday

Post by Sloonei »

leetic wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:58 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:55 pm
Not too overly indicative of wolf, but not what I'd expect from town actually trying to solve the game; Scrappy's posts try to give the impression they're saying something important but lack the substance to back any of it up. If I wanted to confbias tunnel here, I could also point out their weird fixation on me at EoD despite supposedly having pyxxy at higher priority throughout the day; if they were partners they might have expected pyxxy's weird throw in the towel post to actually work and for some of the heat to be redirected at me. Still though, I think ITP is considerably more likely here.
I do not object to any of this. Scrappy should comment on your EoD beef.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

While Epi is working on his analyses of the player interactions, I'll start to work on mine so that they won't be biased by his. Not gonna look at N0, since it's a bunch of crap and pyxxy did jack there anyways.
sig wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:20 pm I’ll add to the scrappy doo stuff some more.

As already said they were a sock third party. The owner lucy had some goal that I can’t remember now, but it did have voting power and could be killed.

Also falcon was on my team that game not TSP.

I like LC train of thought on the secret Santa thing, that seems very much within his town meta.

Epi is a gut town read.

I’m liking Abigail posts even though she’s creating a town core :p

I’m eyeing Daisy right now, her play style right now reminds me of muppets, where she was present but a bit flatflooted being mafia.
Not a mention of pyxxy but the Daisy stuff looks odd in hindsight. What "playstyle" was she demonstrating by just posting one NGR post saying she's busy and then dipping?
sig wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:59 pm I like the Sean case from LC, but I see he and the rest of my town reads are on Pyxxy so I’ll be sheeping that for right now as I catch up and all

[VOTE: Pyxxy] aubergine
No mentions of pyxxy until this last-minute vote. Like I said before, this looks like so obviously a bus that I doubt a player who's been around as long as Sig would actually go for it. Saying his townreads are on pyxxy does seem like a way to pass the buck, so I guess that's one small point against them being aligned, but it's still such a convenient excuse that I can't rule them out being wolf overall.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Falcon has a big whopping zero posts about, on, with, under, over, inside of, or around pyxxy. Nada.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

If I had to pick between Delta and falcon (I don't- they can all be bad), Delta is worse because the desperate interactions went absolutely nowhere.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”