Game of Champions- Merged Thread [GAME OVER- SERIAL KILLER WINS]

Will you play next year?

Poll ended at Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:00 pm

I gotta win a game first..
No votes
Well, yes, but I gotta win a game first.
No votes

Total votes: 0
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 127
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Game of Champions- Merged Thread [Day 3]

Post by Sloonei »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:59 am Point though is this. I think your discrediting me is wolfy.
That is not at all what this is, and I think you should take a step back. I do not wish to discredit you. I found the strength with which you asserted your own role in the Day 1 proceedings to be mildly alarming. To me, it looks as though you are possibly making a concerted effort to present yourself as a town hero and the singular reason why a mafia member was eliminated on Day 1. Bussing is a thing, and only works when players are awarded town credit for their votes. My concern is that you, as a landlord, are opportunistically inflating your own town credit for something that half the players here did not see happen.

This does not need to be the case. It is entirely possible, and fairly believable, that you simply put a lot of work into your pyxxy case and feel as though you needed to drag other people kicking and screaming to the same conclusion. I did not see it that way, but I did not have the same level of emotional investment as you would have.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I did provide arguments in favor of voting pyxxy too. I was less vocal about it, but it’s also false to say I contributed with only my vote.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 67
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

I realize I am doing the same thing I'm accusing you of in my emotional response and I shouldnot do that

I do think the pelt is mine though

I think I'm wrong on someone in my town core who Caitlin was right about otherwise I think I'd be dead N1 over her

It could be falcon... but I don't want to think it is
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

Also unvote

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 69

Post by DarlingMonroe »

lmfao why does @Epignosis have a vote on me when I haven't posted? #obsessedmuch
summer comes, winter goes; spring, I skip... God knows...
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

Epi is giving very much wolf. Delta also pings. Not sure how to feel about this lemon wagon. I'd rather no.

Could be down to vote Epi, though. Oh and Wilgy too.
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

[VOTE: vote: epignosis [/v] just to return the favor

:*]
aubergine
☆Princess Abigail☆

Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:06 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:59 am Point though is this. I think your discrediting me is wolfy.
That is not at all what this is, and I think you should take a step back. I do not wish to discredit you. I found the strength with which you asserted your own role in the Day 1 proceedings to be mildly alarming. To me, it looks as though you are possibly making a concerted effort to present yourself as a town hero and the singular reason why a mafia member was eliminated on Day 1. Bussing is a thing, and only works when players are awarded town credit for their votes. My concern is that you, as a landlord, are opportunistically inflating your own town credit for something that half the players here did not see happen.

This does not need to be the case. It is entirely possible, and fairly believable, that you simply put a lot of work into your pyxxy case and feel as though you needed to drag other people kicking and screaming to the same conclusion. I did not see it that way, but I did not have the same level of emotional investment as you would have.
I have an overwhelming need to prove I'm good at mafia so I get extremely defensive of my contributions when I feel they aren't fairly portrayed

I am also a known tunneler as town and a known busser as wolf so I could be either and it would play the same its obviously up to you to decide I won't blame you no matter what you do with me but I just want my credit for post game because I NEED to prove I don't suck at mafia to myself and others

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

DarlingMonroe wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:31 am Epi is giving very much wolf. Delta also pings. Not sure how to feel about this lemon wagon. I'd rather no.

Why does Delta ping you?

ImageImage

Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 222

Post by Master Radishes »

Speaking in haiku
Was def a bit restrictive
But now I'm free from that muthafucka.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 59
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:46 am Porscha

29%

Voters: ‪sig, leetic, Ricochet, Seanzie, Epignosis, TonyStarkPrime‬
All of these plus sabi is my current poe
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
☆Princess Abigail☆

Can someone pls explain Sabi pls I've asked twice

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Like I've seen the name repeatedly but can't remember much in the way of reasoning

ImageImage

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 59
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:17 am Can someone pls explain Sabi pls I've asked twice
Interactions with brad is my unhelpful answer
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 30

Post by S~V~S »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:54 am Also...oops whelp if I get modkilled I'm sorry
No modkill silly princess. Don't do it again :noble:

Just a reminder to everyone to familiarize with the rules. Like we said the other day, we want everyone to have fun, including ourselves. And punishing your friends for rule breaking in a game you're hosting isn't fun.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk!
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
☆Princess Abigail☆

Understood won't happen again ^^

ImageImage

Master Radishes
Hitman

nutella wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:56 pm Radish: low content,
nothing strong either way but
vibes like LHF
I take issue with this. Even restricted by haikus, I'm pretty sure I was at least mid level in activity on D2 and not completely slanking D1. I out posted a fair few slots and did 'things'.

Admittedly one thing was push Alison but YOLO.
Master Radishes
Hitman

I'm good with the Lemon vote. I asked for reasons why they were being townread (or at least not discussed) in our old thread and didn't get any satisfactory responses.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Won't pile on though.

[VOTE: Davos] aubergine
Master Radishes
Hitman

Are we allowed to be sharing secret Santa messages? I assumed not? I got two, sent one. Also I thought we weren't supposed to reveal specifics in them so didn't say much in mine.
Master Radishes
Hitman

My personal read on Brad's iso was that Creature and Windward were spewed town. One is now confirmed. But yeah, I think Windy is likely town.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 151
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

The sending of secret santa was public, so that was discussed.
Master Radishes
Hitman

I mean more the contents of the messages, not the action.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Someone told me they missed me. It was very sweet. They also told me to kill Leetic.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 151
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:40 am I mean more the contents of the messages, not the action.
I think only a couple of them were messages.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

DarlingMonroe wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:31 am Epi is giving very much wolf. Delta also pings. Not sure how to feel about this lemon wagon. I'd rather no.

Does Epi ping you for any reason other than his vote?

Why is Delta also a suspect? I feel I must point out that they also have not posted yet.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 40

Post by falcon45ca »

I am hungover

What have I missed?
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:41 am Someone told me they missed me. It was very sweet. They also told me to kill Leetic.

Did you send me a guitar?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:51 am Speaking in haiku
Was def a bit restrictive
But now I'm free from that muthafucka.

Hahahahahaha, this is awesome
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:10 am The last game I played with Falcon, he was very aggressive right off the bat. He was picking fights and twisting words in a way that looked like he was trying to generate reads by putting pressure on everyone and everything. Others suspected him for it, but I defended him, saying he looked like a version of town falcon I'd seen before. Eventually his contributions dropped off, and he flipped mafia.

He looked very similar on Day 1 in the other thread. I do not feel like I have seen his reads progress in a meaningful way since then.

Ya know, I'm only an @ away

Do you feel my reads not progressing the way you feel they should, vs my posting & contributions disappearing, are the same thing?
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 68
Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Aka: lemlem, lemon, lemmy, lem

Post by Lemonfairy »

what did lemon do to deserve 3 votes? *cri*
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lemonfairy »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:06 am [VOTE: lemonfairy] aubergine

In an atmosphere of groovy solving energy, these posts stick out:
Lemonfairy wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:50 pmfirst
Lemonfairy wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:51 pm actually, I'll come back tomorrow
Lemonfairy wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:52 pm it's nice to have everyone in one thread again but at the same time, it feels so disorienting and I can't remember half of you
*squint*

ig I failed a vibe check
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lemonfairy »

nutella wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:08 am

Lemonfairy wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:52 pm it's nice to have everyone in one thread again but at the same time, it feels so disorienting and I can't remember half of you
I agree with this
I made an early hipster
light push on Lemon

She would fit as wolf
from her general vibe in thread
blending in just right

She was active ish
on day one posting readlists,
but almost too nice
WindwardAway wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:12 am

I agree with this
I made an early hipster
light push on Lemon

She would fit as wolf
blending in just right

She was active ish
but almost too nice
actually, yeah. she had a defense for her reads but wasn't trying too hard to push it as the correct worldview.
in my experience, she's more willing to engage as town, but i've been giving her the benefit of the doubt because i can sympathize with not having a lot of time for this game. but then again, over half of our thread was slanking yesterday and they can't all be scum.
nutella wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:12 am I quite like that my
and Sloonei's vibe reads match up
so sure, [VOTE: lemon] aubergine
WindwardAway wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:21 am [VOTE: Lemonfairy] aubergine

I'm fine with this wagon
and from being tired and too nice

kind of a weak case
WindwardAway
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 632
Preferred Pronouns: she/her, any

Post by WindwardAway »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:20 am
WindwardAway wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:19 am
Epignosis wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:17 am "I have a vague and not-well-defined suspicion of Falcon." - Sloonei a few hours ago.

"Go remedy that." - Me

"I feel no urgency to do these things right now." - Sloonei now.
it's a bit of an odd response, but I kinda feel like scum would be more pressured to be compliant at this point, especially with two partners dead? I mean that response was pretty on the nose.
Why? Why is it impossible that the team just... is demotivated? Especially after getting wrecked D1.
It's possible, I just feel like they'd be more motivated to try to survive instead. Maybe that's just a playstyle thing, though. I'd want to try harder to survive if my team got partly wiped on D1.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

leetic wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:26 pm
nutella wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:24 pm
leetic wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:22 pm
nutella wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:18 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:16 pm Was porscha nked or voted out?
from the order i
guess spacedaisy was the yeet
porscha and sean night?
Spacedaisy was modkilled or day vigged, Porscha was the lynch
oh huh alright then
was there counter to porscha
anyone look bad
Sig was CW to Porscha. I'll have to reread everything though. I didn't expect the Seanzie NK, so might have to look over his reads.

Who did you think would be NK'd?
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Do you have a read on Lemon, or just a read on her wagon so far?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Wait, there's art

Imma check it out
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:41 am Someone told me they missed me. It was very sweet. They also told me to kill Leetic.
Leetic wasn't even in our thread, what the heck
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lemonfairy »

I think if you can just repeat these things over a few times and get some more people on me, I could be a good shrugyeet candidate

I'm not sure if I can get much from the people voting me
idk about Sloonei but nutella has brought up her theory that I was w/w with Cape so I'm not that surprised
main reason iirc was because we were vibing together and I was "blendy"
it's bit weird that nutella has shifted a bit on Cape but not on me but I also think she hasn't really looked at me very closely

onto Windward, she has been pinging me about my reads so I'm not that surprised either
though I don't think she has given a definite read on me prior to this (if she did, I missed it)
Windward feels like she doesn't as actively scumread me as nutella

tbh I don't really like either but I also don't want to be affected by OMGUS so I think I'll just sit on it for a bit
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Lemonfairy wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:39 am

I agree with this
I made an early hipster
light push on Lemon

She would fit as wolf
blending in just right

She was active ish
but almost too nice

I agree with this
I made an early hipster
light push on Lemon

She would fit as wolf
blending in just right

She was active ish
but almost too nice
actually, yeah. she had a defense for her reads but wasn't trying too hard to push it as the correct worldview.
in my experience, she's more willing to engage as town, but i've been giving her the benefit of the doubt because i can sympathize with not having a lot of time for this game. but then again, over half of our thread was slanking yesterday and they can't all be scum.

I'm fine with this wagon

kind of a weak case
All right, @Lemonfairy, if you think the cases against you are bad, do you think that any of us voting you are pushing you in bad faith?
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:47 am Wait, there's art

Imma check it out
The submissions are great
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Lemonfairy wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:53 am I think if you can just repeat these things over a few times and get some more people on me, I could be a good shrugyeet candidate

I'm not sure if I can get much from the people voting me
idk about Sloonei but nutella has brought up her theory that I was w/w with Cape so I'm not that surprised
main reason iirc was because we were vibing together and I was "blendy"
it's bit weird that nutella has shifted a bit on Cape but not on me but I also think she hasn't really looked at me very closely

onto Windward, she has been pinging me about my reads so I'm not that surprised either
though I don't think she has given a definite read on me prior to this (if she did, I missed it)
Windward feels like she doesn't as actively scumread me as nutella

tbh I don't really like either but I also don't want to be affected by OMGUS so I think I'll just sit on it for a bit
Ah never mind, you answered my question already lol
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lemonfairy »

WindwardAway wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:54 am
Lemonfairy wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:39 am

I agree with this
I made an early hipster
light push on Lemon

She would fit as wolf
blending in just right

She was active ish
but almost too nice

I agree with this
I made an early hipster
light push on Lemon

She would fit as wolf
blending in just right

She was active ish
but almost too nice

I'm fine with this wagon

kind of a weak case
All right, @Lemonfairy, if you think the cases against you are bad, do you think that any of us voting you are pushing you in bad faith?
pls see the post right above yours

short answer is, I think it will take more time to see how far my wagon goes
for example, if it dies off shortly after or gains more traction

I'm looking for certain kinds of behavior
not going to say what they are for now
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lemonfairy »

I also kind of hope it lasts a little longer
not sure if I'd be cool being designated yeet today though
Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lemonfairy »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:04 am
also

Lemonfairy
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lemonfairy »

side note, I also agree with whoever proposed we each vote for the scummiest within each facility to make w/w wagons
I think each side has better reads on their own facility than the other and even if we paraphrase, a lot of context can get lost

while we did have N0, it almost feels like I should start over with reads on the West
maybe have 2 separate reads list and then combine them together later
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 62

Post by sig »

leetic wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:21 pm So Seanzie was mostly tunneling Porscha D2 but he also suspected falcon and Sig.
I'd agree with this, but I'd add his main/only reason to suspect me was that someone in the other thread suspected me.

I'm solid on Falcon for today I think he's well within his mafia meta and we've now had both NK on our side be someone who suspected Falcon. This fits within his mafia meta 100% and lets be real he isn't a big enough town threat that mafia would set him up. (No offense Falcon :p)

Also having playing with him recently as mafia he's got that same feel. He's active, but very under the radar. [VOTE: Falcon] aubergine
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

leetic wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:30 pm Looking at Caitlin's EoD, she was also suspecting falcon. When two nightkills in a row point to the same person, I simply can't ignore that. [VOTE: falcon] aubergine
Some mindmeld here I like it.

Leetic is moving up on my civ ranking.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Long Con wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:15 pm If there are 30 people and only one mafia team, then what do you guys think, 6 Wolves? 7?
Min 5 wolves, given that I'm assuming we have multiple Indys. Also worth noting last GoC we had an Independent faction of three players.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Long Con wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:13 pm Yeah, so much for Seanzie's long-held "tell" for Porscha. :grin:

Why haven't you given sig any thought?

My suspicion of sig goes like this:

I made a case on Seanzie on Day 1. He responded somewhat reasonably and I said "ok fair". Later someone asked me about it and I said the reasons I was suspicious. Seanzie reacted somewhat uncoolly, and it led to him accusing me of pushing his case all day, and also being reluctant to push the case, when I simply hadn't pushed it at all. So I got suspicious all over again and made a case surrounding those events. So that's "LC's case on Seanzie".

sig posted last-minute at EoD and it included him saying he likes "LC's case on Seanzie". Day 2, I asked him what he liked about my case, but he didn't respond. Later he repeated the words that he likes my case on Seanzie, once again without talking about the case, which parts he liked about it, why it makes Seanzie look bad, or any other reasons to suspect Seanzie.

It is highly unusual for anyone to say the words "I liked Long Con's case" at all, but that sig gave it lip service twice without elaborating, and without responding to me asking for more insight... I told him I think he was just laying groundwork to foster the appearance of suspecting Seanzie, but he responded with something like "well I haven't even gone after Seanzie, so that makes no sense".

Maybe it's only suspicious to me.
What can I say? I liked the case. :shrug: :shrug:

Though given it was wrong maybe I shouldn't have :p
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”