Game of Champions- Merged Thread [GAME OVER- SERIAL KILLER WINS]

Will you play next year?

Poll ended at Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:00 pm

I gotta win a game first..
No votes
Well, yes, but I gotta win a game first.
No votes

Total votes: 0
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 67
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Game of Champions- Merged Thread [Day 3]

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

I was just about to do my town core post and...I find myself struggling for town core reads

Falcons dropped out of my old list and only WWA has really joined it
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
Spoiler: show
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

Vote: Falcon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 127
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:18 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:16 pm Is anyone here? Hello?
Hello!
Greetings Mr. Radish! How do you think this thread is doing so far? We on the right track? Descending into chaos? Somewhere in between?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:18 pm I was just about to do my town core post and...I find myself struggling for town core reads

Why did falcon drop off?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
☆Princess Abigail☆

Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:21 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:18 pm I was just about to do my town core post and...I find myself struggling for town core reads

Why did falcon drop off?
Caitlin + doing nothing yesterday after Caitlin his main pusher died but mostly Caitlin

ImageImage

Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 222

Post by Master Radishes »

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:18 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:16 pm Is anyone here? Hello?
Hello!
Greetings Mr. Radish! How do you think this thread is doing so far? We on the right track? Descending into chaos? Somewhere in between?
I think we're okay? Without opening up another tab to go check, there was a period where a handful of you were discussing things and someone later ventured it felt like a towny moment in thread, and I felt that way too whilst reading through it.

In our East Facility thread I don't think we got into much of a rhythm of collective solving, but a number of people felt like town doing town things and a couple of them (Michelle, Creature) have died and indeed flipped town, whereas the slanky too-easy-to-be-true slot (Lime) was indeed a wolf.

So all in all I don't feel worried about this game right now, even if it could use a bit more pep and verve to it some times.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Perhaps we could assign somebody to be in charge of pep, and another to take over the verve.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:23 pm

Why did falcon drop off?
Caitlin + doing nothing yesterday after Caitlin his main pusher died but mostly Caitlin
Do you have any strong feelings about his actual posts?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

@Master Radishes talk to me about lemonfairy and their five votes.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

Delta wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:03 pm has anything else happened over your side? I saw something about yourself & Nutella being locked into posting in haikus but we never really had anything like that so ?_?

We had some Socky posts come up but I think that was linked to Porscha iirc? Aside from that nothing unusual or post restrictions etc
I was cursed to post haikus yesterday. Nutella seems similarly cursed today. I don't remember anyone having to do it for D1 though.

What do you mean by Socky posts?
Master Radishes
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:28 pm Perhaps we could assign somebody to be in charge of pep, and another to take over the verve.
I'm not feeling peppy nor vervy these days. Maybe Delta?
WindwardAway
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 632
Preferred Pronouns: she/her, any

Post by WindwardAway »

Delta wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:33 pm hihi o/ will be around in a bit, have caught up but will share my thoughts once I'm free

could someone from the other thread run me through how Davos approached things while split? would kinda like to look into both the sock puppets here since the fact we have two is interesting

agreed with the general idea of voting within our facilities today & will follow suit \o/
i said this before, but he made pirate noises twice and never voted in the thread but voted in the polls
☆Princess Abigail☆

Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:29 pm

Why did falcon drop off?
What feelings would I have? They are mostly nothing burger since d1 but d1 I thought was towny

Fits the motif of someone who dropped off cause their team got slaughtered early

ImageImage

Master Radishes
Hitman

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:31 pm I was cursed to post haikus yesterday. Nutella seems similarly cursed today. I don't remember anyone having to do it for D1 though.
This is probably worthless speculation, but: I find the choice of who to haiku-curse incongruous. I was lower posting, not really a main driver of the thread, etc. Nutella has not been that, overall. (Though Nutella was a bit quieter during D2 so maybe post count factors in?)

Anyway, if it was a Mafia role it doesn't feel tactical to me.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:30 pm @Master Radishes talk to me about lemonfairy and their five votes.
Lemonfairy started D1 in the East Facility fairly talkative. Did her own thing and didn't really get mixed up in any larger arguments or discussions. Probably a few individual posts I'd lean 'town' on, but nothing I'd call unfakeable. Readslists seemed a bit questionable (e.g. the quieter Nook and Dizzy higher up, someone chatty like Windy unsorted, a sudden drop of Dizzy, etc) though they all were given explanations. Big drop off D2.

Feels like a slot worth pushing, but not a definite hit.

Haven't really paid attention to the individual votes on her.
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:31 pm
Delta wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:03 pm has anything else happened over your side? I saw something about yourself & Nutella being locked into posting in haikus but we never really had anything like that so ?_?

We had some Socky posts come up but I think that was linked to Porscha iirc? Aside from that nothing unusual or post restrictions etc
I was cursed to post haikus yesterday. Nutella seems similarly cursed today. I don't remember anyone having to do it for D1 though.

The fact that the haiku-restrictor is only targeting people I think are probably town makes me think it's a scum power
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:36 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:31 pm I was cursed to post haikus yesterday. Nutella seems similarly cursed today. I don't remember anyone having to do it for D1 though.
This is probably worthless speculation, but: I find the choice of who to haiku-curse incongruous. I was lower posting, not really a main driver of the thread, etc. Nutella has not been that, overall. (Though Nutella was a bit quieter during D2 so maybe post count factors in?)

were there reads you've had in common with Nutella?
I guess haikus arent as restrictive as a traditional post restriction, so maybe that's why it isn't tactical
Master Radishes
Hitman

WindwardAway wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:44 pm

The fact that the haiku-restrictor is only targeting people I think are probably town makes me think it's a scum power
Mm. Maybe. I don't think I was particularly townread by N1 (when I got targeted) though? I think I was in most peoples' nulls. I feel like an odd choice to target if the scum were trying to mess with a townie. I kind of assumed it was a town role and they wanted to curse someone null/unsorted. But then Nutella is the opposite of all that, so I dunno.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 151
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

WindwardAway wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:33 pm
Delta wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:33 pm hihi o/ will be around in a bit, have caught up but will share my thoughts once I'm free

could someone from the other thread run me through how Davos approached things while split? would kinda like to look into both the sock puppets here since the fact we have two is interesting

agreed with the general idea of voting within our facilities today & will follow suit \o/
i said this before, but he made pirate noises twice and never voted in the thread but voted in the polls
Who did Davos vote for? Who did he vote with?
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:44 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:30 pm @Master Radishes talk to me about lemonfairy and their five votes.
Lemonfairy started D1 in the East Facility fairly talkative. Did her own thing and didn't really get mixed up in any larger arguments or discussions. Probably a few individual posts I'd lean 'town' on, but nothing I'd call unfakeable. Readslists seemed a bit questionable (e.g. the quieter Nook and Dizzy higher up, someone chatty like Windy unsorted, a sudden drop of Dizzy, etc) though they all were given explanations. Big drop off D2.

Feels like a slot worth pushing, but not a definite hit.

Haven't really paid attention to the individual votes on her.
I'll chime in here since I think it's a worthwhile discussion.
she sorted me as a townlean later on but I'd have to recheck her reasoning on that.
she didn't really seem to be too interested in my vote on her and acknowledged that I've been questioning her since sometime on D2, so I guess that lines up at least.
I feel like if she's one of those players who loses motivation after losing 2 partners on D1, she probably would flip wolf here, but the 5 votes on her are kind of interesting. I felt decent about Sloonei and nutella voting Lemon, then I voted her too, and then Dizzy and Nook went back and forth on each other but both ultimately landed on Lemon. I'd be curious to hear their reasoning, in their own words, because they're also both from our thread, so I feel like they might have substantial opinions even if they're testing the waters first.
Master Radishes
Hitman

WindwardAway wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:45 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:36 pm

were there reads you've had in common with Nutella?
I guess haikus arent as restrictive as a traditional post restriction, so maybe that's why it isn't tactical
I'd have to check, but I think overall we haven't been particularly dissimilar. Like I remember vibing with her Cape scumread, then we both seemed to warm up to him around the same time. Though actually I don't remember her outting a lot of specific reads so I can't say for certain. And she shifted around a bit like she often does as town, so it probably varied as well.

Anyway like you say it's not super restrictive so maybe it's not tactical and this isn't a worthwhile line of thought, I dunno.
Master Radishes
Hitman

[VOTE: Falcon] aubergine
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Long Con wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:50 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:33 pm

Who did Davos vote for? Who did he vote with?
D1 nutella (the only one voting her)
D2 Sabi (Nook, Dizzy and nut were on them too)
if they voted anywhere else before the final vote poll, i have no idea because they didn't make a post with any of their votes.
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:47 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:44 pm

Mm. Maybe. I don't think I was particularly townread by N1 (when I got targeted) though? I think I was in most peoples' nulls. I feel like an odd choice to target if the scum were trying to mess with a townie. I kind of assumed it was a town role and they wanted to curse someone null/unsorted. But then Nutella is the opposite of all that, so I dunno.
Hmm, that's true. Wonder if it's tied to a game mechanic and not a player, or if it has to do with votes.
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 40

Post by falcon45ca »

My mom still thinks I'm cool
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:35 pm

Why did falcon drop off?
What feelings would I have? They are mostly nothing burger since d1 but d1 I thought was towny

Fits the motif of someone who dropped off cause their team got slaughtered early
These are feelings.

I’m still unsure if I buy into the theory that remaining landlords would drop off after Day 1. I think it’s more likely if we’re in a multiball scenario. But if they’re the only mafia team, losing two players right off the bat is less than ideal, but hardly game-ending.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:02 pm My mom still thinks I'm cool
Does she think you're town?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Of the voters on my wagon, Abi & MR look the most opportunistic

[VOTE: freon] aubergine
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Does your mom have any strong town reads in this game right now? Or you?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:03 pm I’m still unsure if I buy into the theory that remaining landlords would drop off after Day 1. I think it’s more likely if we’re in a multiball scenario. But if they’re the only mafia team, losing two players right off the bat is less than ideal, but hardly game-ending.
In general I'd agree. Though imagine several other single-team-Mafiosos are already lacking time or energy for the game, or are finding it difficult to dig in because town is playing well, or whatever. I could see a team being a bit demoralised still.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:03 pm
Does she think you're town?

Ya, but she's giving you the cockeye

Your vote on my wagon feels opportunistic. What are your reads right now, outside of my slot?
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 200

Post by DrWilgy »

howdy ho friends
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Master Radishes
Hitman

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:05 pm Your vote on my wagon feels opportunistic.
No it doesn't.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Who is trying to sabotage the team?
Poll runs till Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:00 pm
Please note that if you vote, your vote will be visible.

You may select 1 option

Cape90
No votes
Voters: None
DarlingMonroe
6%
Voters: Epignosis
Davos
No votes
Delta
No votes
DrWilgy
No votes
Dyslexicon
No votes
Epignosis
6%
Voters: DarlingMonroe
falcon45ca
24%
Voters: sig, Master Radishes, ☆Princess Abigail☆, leetic
leetic
No votes
Lemonfairy
29%
Voters: NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, Sloonei, nutella, WindwardAway, Dyslexicon
Long Con
No votes
Master Radishes
No votes
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
No votes
nutella
No votes
☆Princess Abigail☆
6%
Voters: falcon45ca
Ricochet
No votes
Sabiplz
No votes
Scrappy Doo
No votes
sig
No votes
Sloonei
No votes
TonyStarkPrime
No votes
WindwardAway
No votes
Unvote
No votes
Coaches/Spectators/Other
29%
Voters: Seanzie, JaggedJimmyJay, Caitlin, S~V~S, Scotty
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 59
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:03 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:35 pm

Why did falcon drop off?

These are feelings.

I’m still unsure if I buy into the theory that remaining landlords would drop off after Day 1. I think it’s more likely if we’re in a multiball scenario. But if they’re the only mafia team, losing two players right off the bat is less than ideal, but hardly game-ending.
Counterpoint: goc 2021 lol
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Do we have a general idea of what the polls from both threads looked like at this point?
Image Image Image
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:04 pm
Does your mom have any strong town reads in this game right now? Or you?

I I do have a couple TRs from the West but my mom is largely a fictional character in this narrative

I'm not voting LC or Epi
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:07 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:05 pm Your vote on my wagon feels opportunistic.
No it doesn't.

Yes, MR, it does actually, just like tea feels like crumpets & Scotch eggs feel Welsh
Master Radishes
Hitman

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:15 pm
No it doesn't.

Yes, MR, it does actually, just like tea feels like crumpets & Scotch eggs feel Welsh
Vote me then.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:14 pm I'm not voting LC or Epi
We are your two town reads?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Why did falcon drop off?
The main reason I cooled off on falcon was your insistence that you are the ultimate falcon reader, and that you say he's definitely town.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:21 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:15 pm
No it doesn't.

Vote me then.

I just voted Abi, gimme a sec dude
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 192
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

We got the socky posts in our thread too iirc, host announcements of "award winners" with quotes or something?
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

And now I have done
the haiku forgetting crime
it must happen once...
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Question, was there a perceived town core from the other thread?
Image Image Image
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Long Con wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:25 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:14 pm I'm not voting LC or Epi
We are your two town reads?

That's correct
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

The way that the Nanook-Dizzy exchange ended looked like a concocted "let's do this because what Wolf partners would even do that?" plan. It's too silly to be real, and yet a perfect fun thing to do because it's the Champs game.

I can't seriously pursue it, but I couldn't not say it.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Falcon's return is
not inspiring good feelings
so far. Dirty bird?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
☆Princess Abigail☆

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:04 pm Of the voters on my wagon, Abi & MR look the most opportunistic

[VOTE: freon] aubergine
Why?

ImageImage

Master Radishes
Hitman

nutella wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:33 pm Falcon's return is
not inspiring good feelings
so far. Dirty bird?
Hence my opportunistic vote.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”