Game of Champions- Merged Thread [GAME OVER- SERIAL KILLER WINS]

Will you play next year?

Poll ended at Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:00 pm

I gotta win a game first..
No votes
Well, yes, but I gotta win a game first.
No votes

Total votes: 0
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 48

Re: Game of Champions- Merged Thread [Day 3]

Post by Ricochet »

Anyway, dumping the first batch.

Wagoners*

* given the VC at the time of submitting this
NB: not sure the poll reflects the vote chronology as well, but I'll just roll with the names as they appear

falcon

Monroe
-- seems to have parked on falcon just now, despite all their posts being bark back at Epignosis. I suppose it counts as self-pres?
-- just to add to their read, minus point for their recent post aimed at Epignosis, tone still aggro defensive and not the most respectable wording towards Epignosis, either

sig
pyxxy connection: labelled it as unlikely
much of what I've noted down from sig's activity is in fact case-making on falcon, arguments being that falcon is within wolf range and that the Western night kills could show pattern of clean-up in his aid. also admits mindmeld with leetic on the night kills angle. seems fine

Master Radishes
-- for someone from East, therefore info-less on falcon, vote drop was sudden, without hint of inquiry or reading into others' takes and a bit of "nuh-uh" retort to falcon calling it opportunistic (even prodding him to vote back). not ideal elements. later more elaborate, dismissing falcon's "exasperation" as outweighed by poor tone, something I do meld with.
-- had a good impression of him otherwise - active in developing reads and opinionated on enough players and events - but this on its own is a mixed bag

Windward
-- noted her more of a Lemon wagoner for much of D3; falcon switch comes down to disliking falcon's "opportunism" rebuttal at Radishes, it seems. bit cheeky to word it as "happy to join the opportunistic train". later camps reactive attitude, in principle, towards mafia lean. again, had more interest in others, but I can see how the view on falcon might have soured in time and treat the gameplay as wolf-likely
-- activity-wise, I'd rate Windward towny. ample material, not gonna develop full read at this time.

Long Con
pyxxy connection: labelled him sussworthy
-- it is accurate that LC has suss on falcon throughout West period
-- it is also accurate that his waffle on falcon came from trusting Abigail's tone/meta read, true both during West time and during D3 here
-- as far as coming back on falcon wagon, late on seems to make a read - not agreeing with his towning claim, finding his counter-suspicions omgusey. think it's adequate
-- didn't note down any pings from LC today tbh, though overall I find him a bit puzzling. his D3 is probably the better-looking phase of his activity thus far, engaged and opinionated more on the topics, but at times I also he's tagteaming others (much "starting to see this" responses), quite the buddy dynamic with Epignosis, lighthearted banter and focused replies in equal measures. ech, probably wouldn't focus on deciphering this for now

leetic
pyxxy connection: labeled him unlikely
-- pretty much wagons falcon for the nightkill angle; dismisses falcon's defense on that as wifom; don't recall him tackling any other point about falcon
-- really conflicted about leetic overall: was my topwolf pick and vote D1, the aggro-tone was prevalent; Abigail (in West) and Dizzy (in here) mentioned that this is normal leetic; then D2 he shifts into a Pyxxy Scientist (ISO'ing interactions), drop most of the prod and poke tone, a solving attitude I shared and in turned like;
-- now? I'm seeing way less of D2. announced ISOs from West D2, did not deliver; had to defend a bit re: gifting a player who flipped wolf, don't know if that's a topic of suss. informed the merged group of his Pyxxy Science findings, that's fair. couple more reads (Nanook for instance), no definitive wording. still, really slowed down performance. puzzling.

DrWilgy
-- seems to base and bank his falcon vote on lack of townspewing alone. I'd label this a tad narrowing
-- no developed read on his activity atm. word that came to mind, upon quick scroll, was "scrambled". perhaps within expectations.
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 40

Post by falcon45ca »

Ah, it feels pretty suffocating to try and solve w/ 7 votes, but Goonies never say die

DM moving onto my wagon feels super gross, cuz it feels more like she's just trying to widen the gap between her wagon I, rather than actually vote for who she thinks is Maf

But I was at 6 to her 3, it feels like an overreaction. Noted she's ignored my questions that I specifically tagged her in re: her Epi read
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 222

Post by Master Radishes »

falcon45ca wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:20 pm Ah, it feels pretty suffocating to try and solve w/ 7 votes, but Goonies never say die
[VOTE: Unvote] aubergine

Ricochet wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:15 pm Master Radishes
-- for someone from East, therefore info-less on falcon, vote drop was sudden, without hint of inquiry or reading into others' takes and a bit of "nuh-uh" retort to falcon calling it opportunistic (even prodding him to vote back). not ideal elements. later more elaborate, dismissing falcon's "exasperation" as outweighed by poor tone, something I do meld with.
-- had a good impression of him otherwise - active in developing reads and opinionated on enough players and events - but this on its own is a mixed bag
For context, Falc and I go way back, so not entirely info-less in terms of what I'd expect from him. I didn't articulate it because sometimes wordless pressure is the best pressure, but basically I was trusting others who were iffy on Falc from the West thread (and hadn't seen anything from Falc that would lead me to dispute their views). And I was playing with wagons a bit (I think I made it 4 vs Lemon's 5). His reaction to my vote made me actually suspicious of him, though.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

There's far too many players who've been slanking for D3

Off the tip of my head, I haven't seen anything from Sabi, Davos, and Sig feels like he's totally dipped after piggy backing off leetic's read
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Haha, tip
Master Radishes
Hitman

falcon45ca wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:42 pm There's far too many players who've been slanking for D3

Off the tip of my head, I haven't seen anything from Sabi, Davos, and Sig feels like he's totally dipped after piggy backing off leetic's read
Sabi is on vacation (said so in D2 thread) and Davos has never done anything but post 'Arr'.

But agree with the general sentiment.
Master Radishes
Hitman

[VOTE: leetic] aubergine
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Master Radishes wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:39 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:20 pm Ah, it feels pretty suffocating to try and solve w/ 7 votes, but Goonies never say die
[VOTE: Unvote] aubergine

Ricochet wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:15 pm Master Radishes
For context, Falc and I go way back, so not entirely info-less in terms of what I'd expect from him. I didn't articulate it because sometimes wordless pressure is the best pressure, but basically I was trusting others who were iffy on Falc from the West thread (and hadn't seen anything from Falc that would lead me to dispute their views). And I was playing with wagons a bit (I think I made it 4 vs Lemon's 5). His reaction to my vote made me actually suspicious of him, though.

We do go way back, and hungover/mildly cranky falcon was suspicious (and mildly cranky) that you're missing me
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

I've had some string cheese, juice box and a nap, so I'm all good now

I won't be here for EOD, got hockey, but I'm here and around til' then if anyone has questions
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

@Davos Wherefore art thou fore where?
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

@DarlingMonroe Can you talk to me about your reads plz?

You put Epi down as EZ Wolf, dropped a vote on my wagon, but I've not seen a single thing from you about why either of us are scum
Master Radishes
Hitman

falcon45ca wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:55 pm We do go way back, and hungover/mildly cranky falcon was suspicious (and mildly cranky) that you're missing me
I wasn't seeing much from you. :shrug2:

I agree with your Epi/LC townreads. Thoughts on Nutella or Windy from what you've seen so far? They were two of the more active posters in the East and I feel pretty solid on them being town here.
Delta
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 190
Preferred Pronouns: He/They

Post by Delta »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:48 am
Delta wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:39 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:06 am I'd beg people to get off falcon but my thoughts on falcon are confusing and jumbled and I don't want to hurt town by pulling votes off a wolf if I'm wrong ugh

That said I'm rarely wrong on falcon. But Caitlin got me doubting myself...
What got you to your v!Falcon read to begin with?

I had something similar to this yesterday with people pushing Porscha ;_; so at least let's run through why you townread him to begin with and work from there? If you're rarely wrong on him, walk me through how you read him to begin with?

\o/
I read falcon entirely off vibes and D1 I hard town read how he was vibing lol
ah, got it
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 127
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

[VOTE: darlingmonroe] aubergine

I again will not be around for EoD, but this is my preferred wagon at the moment. Epi’s confidence, and Monroe’s complete lack of pep and/or verve, with a particularly unconvincing response to pressure, make me want to push this button.

I still am not convinced that Lemonfairy or falcon are town either. But Monroe feels like a better choice right now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 436
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:30 pm [VOTE: darlingmonroe] aubergine

I again will not be around for EoD, but this is my preferred wagon at the moment. Epi’s confidence, and Monroe’s complete lack of pep and/or verve, with a particularly unconvincing response to pressure, make me want to push this button.

I still am not convinced that Lemonfairy or falcon are town either. But Monroe feels like a better choice right now.
Interesting that this is the second time your vote is entirely because of Epi
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Master Radishes wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:50 pm [VOTE: leetic] aubergine
Why?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

leetic wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:31 pm

I trust his reads.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

I don't find it that interesting.
Master Radishes
Hitman

leetic wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:32 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:50 pm [VOTE: leetic] aubergine
Why?
Dunno, I'll make up a reason later.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

And I object to this word. In both instances.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

eh

I dont know how much this is worth considering I dont have much experience with DM but on a skim of their wolf game & the game we played together they seem far more reactive as town imo?

In the mountainous game we played, prods on them earned prods back, while in their wolf game it felt a little more like being voted brought questions of 'why' rather than retaliation

Not sure how accurate this is, dont have too much to go off, but something I've noticed
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

I'm still sticking to voting to someone from my side today. Voting DrWilgy in Severance because the people from the other side said he was wolfy was a mistake.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Master Radishes wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:33 pm

Then you're boring
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Master Radishes
Hitman

leetic wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:55 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:33 pm

Then you're boring
Probably. :sigh:
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Briefly looking at DM however, they've done basically jack shit in this thread. All I can really get is a hostile attitude towards Epi, without really explaining their "suspicion". Is this enough to be the second largest wagon? Maybe to someone from the other thread it is?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

I mean, I guess I'd prefer a DM vote to a Lemonfairy one, but I'm still set on voting someone from my own side.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 192
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Darling was somewhat
suspected for Lime mentions
in the other thread

But the weirder thing
to me is in this thread when
they mentioned delta

Delta had no posts
at the time and had only
been mentioned a bit

notably in terms
of a case by Epi who
Darling suspected

so that all seemed quite
incongruous and bizarre
they have not explained
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
☆Princess Abigail☆
Posts in topic: 67
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Scrappy Doo wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:22 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:00 am
Scrappy Doo wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:16 pm Out of the other thread players so far, I feel most comfortable calling Cape90/Dyslexicon town. I dont think I can put that into words more than just 'They seem alright.' Would like to know if that's a sentiment shared with those who were in their thread these last few days though.

To a more technical extent, Nutella/MasterRadishes join that list since I dont think the haiku restriction would come from town, even if just because it seems so inconvenient for town to apply to someone, and what they have given so far doesn't feel scummy enough to warrant being restricted by town to begin with.
This is the first time I disagree with the puppy
:(

What do you disagree with?
The cape dizzy obv town part
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

Had DM been active in the split thread?

The current wagon is mostly comprised of our side so I do wonder if this is a trend from when things were split in half
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

No Monroe was one
of the lowest posters there
only some pop ins
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

All the recent votes irk me to degree.

Radishes dropped off falcon for, what, giving him breathing space?
Sloonei is full sheeping (on Epig yet again).
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

nutella wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:43 pm No Monroe was one
only some pop ins
were they prodded in any way? or voted

mainly want to know their reaction to being pushed if they were
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

As for Monroe, I was gonna ask what the Lime connections might be, but nutella just covered it.

nutella, what are you seeing in just four bitter posts?
Scrappy Doo
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Scrappy Doo »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:23 pm
Scrappy Doo wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:22 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:00 am
Scrappy Doo wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:16 pm Out of the other thread players so far, I feel most comfortable calling Cape90/Dyslexicon town. I dont think I can put that into words more than just 'They seem alright.' Would like to know if that's a sentiment shared with those who were in their thread these last few days though.

To a more technical extent, Nutella/MasterRadishes join that list since I dont think the haiku restriction would come from town, even if just because it seems so inconvenient for town to apply to someone, and what they have given so far doesn't feel scummy enough to warrant being restricted by town to begin with.
This is the first time I disagree with the puppy
:(

What do you disagree with?
The cape dizzy obv town part
Ah

I dont believe they're obvtown, as I mentioned a lot of it is something I cant put down into words, but a general good vibe from them.

Do you think either could be mafia here?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:18 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:06 pm @Epignosis @DarlingMonroe What's your beef?
I think DarlingMonroe is mafia.

That's it.
What can I say? I just found this post to be very convincing.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

oh god of weather
henry knows snow globes don't shake
on their own, aahh-ahhh

haha it's haiku
just had to, ants from up there's
two years old today!
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

nutella wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:15 pm oh god of weather
henry knows snow globes don't shake
on their own, aahh-ahhh

haha it's haiku
just had to, ants from up there's
two years old today!
wise words friend
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Delta wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:11 pm
only some pop ins

yes they posted some
more after being pushed and
seemed slightly town ish

not so much here though
i am not impressed by their
presence here today
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Ricochet wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:11 pm As for Monroe, I was gonna ask what the Lime connections might be, but nutella just covered it.

nutella, what are you seeing in just four bitter posts?
see my earlier
point about the delta thing
really unexplained
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

nutella wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:17 pm
Delta wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:11 pm
only some pop ins

yes they posted some
more after being pushed and
seemed slightly town ish

not so much here though
i am not impressed by their
presence here today
Can you describe the difference between responding well to them pushes vs. the responses this phase?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

they did not do it
here at all similarly
like turtle, recluse.

they seem to not know
how to respond to pressure
anymore but hide

in east thread they tried
to give a few reads but it
fizzled out after
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 69

Post by DarlingMonroe »

are my votes because inactivity?
summer comes, winter goes; spring, I skip... God knows...
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I have to close in an hour. Will try to finish a scan of the Darling wagoners.

Lemon wagoners probably not worth pursuing. And, in just two lines, there's nothing good looking left in there. I recall no serious push(es) from Nanook - just an instavote on sabi, due to lingering post-wolfflip, and then a tag vote right after Dizzy back and forth. Davos doesn't sound like making any trustworthy contribution all game and just plants votes. I trusted Scrappy more in West, I'd come back to whether Davos can be trusted, but not this phase, I suppose.
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

being honest, I haven't provided many reads because I am finding it difficult to wolf-hunt when it's my first time playing with many of you. The only ones I did provide my insight on where players I had experience with.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

DarlingMonroe wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:20 pm are my votes because inactivity?
sort of, yes. I'd like
answers to more stuff from you.
Like the "delta ping"
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

But yeah, I do feel attacked and picked on when almost all the votes are from players on the other side.
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

nutella wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:22 pm
DarlingMonroe wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:20 pm are my votes because inactivity?
sort of, yes. I'd like
answers to more stuff from you.
Like the "delta ping"
the delta ping came from this Epi post:
Epignosis wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:42 am One thing about Delta.

Delta has 900 people on the good list.

only mafia/wolves can confidently clear so many town easily... that's also why Lime Coke gave himself away with the town list he did
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

okay so you don't
care that delta's main pusher
is epi himself?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

I am not exactly sure why falcon has the votes he does, but I wanna keep playing and helping town/civilians
DarlingMonroe
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DarlingMonroe »

nutella wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:30 pm okay so you don't
care that delta's main pusher
is epi himself?
well, I don't townread epi at all, so in my head, its doesnt seem that much away of a stretch for them to be potentially aligned

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”