Game of Champions- Merged Thread [GAME OVER- SERIAL KILLER WINS]

Will you play next year?

Poll ended at Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:00 pm

I gotta win a game first..
No votes
Well, yes, but I gotta win a game first.
No votes

Total votes: 0
Delta
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 190
Preferred Pronouns: He/They

Re: Game of Champions- Merged Thread [Day 4]

Post by Delta »

WindwardAway wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:12 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:10 pm Ugh multiball smh but yay wolf flip
And abi too !! I did expect her to be on falcon's team at this point lol but happy with it regardless.

Felt kinda completely unsure where to go next with the multiball reveal though
the funny thing is that she wasn't teamed with falcon after all
but so now we have 3 dead landlords and 1 dead whatever falcon was (long name, that's all I remember)
glad we're on the same page of 'I forgot the title' LMAO I felt silly for not remembering
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 192
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

I kind of thought wilgy had falcon busser equity?
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
WindwardAway
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 632
Preferred Pronouns: she/her, any

Post by WindwardAway »

leetic wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:13 pm Although we could try to find falcon's partner in my thread, it's likely a better idea to vote someone from the other side as there are more wolves to be found there. We can try to snuff out the remaining landlord or start digging for falcon partners.
you're assuming 4 of each? you don't think it would be unevenly split, like 3 of each with an imbalance of 2+1 in each thread half?
but yeah, either way, I think you're right that we will have better luck with East Facility players because a total of 3 West Facility players have flipped some sort of mafia (pyxxy, falcon, Abbi), and only 1 in East has flipped mafia (Brad).
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Feel a little better about delta rn i think
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

[VOTE: drwilgy ] aubergine

starting off here
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Delta wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:14 pm Is it worth keeping track of which plots are/arent claimed?

I can try keep track if its worth it
probably yeah, since people can't claim a plot that's already been claimed (if I understood correctly)
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Delta wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:15 pm
And abi too !! I did expect her to be on falcon's team at this point lol but happy with it regardless.

but so now we have 3 dead landlords and 1 dead whatever falcon was (long name, that's all I remember)
glad we're on the same page of 'I forgot the title' LMAO I felt silly for not remembering
Arbiters of the Rose Empire
I checked falcon's flip xD
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

WindwardAway wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:17 pm
Delta wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:14 pm Is it worth keeping track of which plots are/arent claimed?

probably yeah, since people can't claim a plot that's already been claimed (if I understood correctly)
will do \o/

if anythings unclaimed I'll make a post about them in the morning
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

man thats a sick name what game is it referencing?? its giving utena vibes but that wasn't one lol
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

oh dear thats definitelt a title

maybe rose faction is easier

hm
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

nutella wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:16 pm I kind of thought wilgy had falcon busser equity?
I have to ISO him, I thought his posts looked ok yesterday when I was reading them? haven't paid all too much attention to his slot, though, but I probably should.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 62

Post by sig »

nutella wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:17 pm [VOTE: drwilgy ] aubergine

starting off here
:clap:
ImageImage
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

nutella wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:19 pm

man thats a sick name what game is it referencing?? its giving utena vibes but that wasn't one lol
it sounds cooler than landlords lol
not sure where it's from, I haven't heard the name before
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 436
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

WindwardAway wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:16 pm
leetic wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:13 pm Although we could try to find falcon's partner in my thread, it's likely a better idea to vote someone from the other side as there are more wolves to be found there. We can try to snuff out the remaining landlord or start digging for falcon partners.
you're assuming 4 of each? you don't think it would be unevenly split, like 3 of each with an imbalance of 2+1 in each thread half?
but yeah, either way, I think you're right that we will have better luck with East Facility players because a total of 3 West Facility players have flipped some sort of mafia (pyxxy, falcon, Abbi), and only 1 in East has flipped mafia (Brad).
Teams of 3 in a multiball list of 30 seems really townsided (even moreso than multiball setups usually are). By comparison, World Flags was a multiball setup run a few years ago here with two teams of 3 in 20 players and that ended up being pretty townsided, although here there are likely ITPs which will influence the numbers.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

anyone wanna discuss the Lemonfairy and DM wagons yesterday that were the alternatives to falcon's wagon? I would not be surprised if we had all remaining landlords (including Abbi) on falcon and the Arbiters on the counterwagons.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

agree with leetic that 4s feel more likely and also hosts would usually announce if a faction was eliminated
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

WindwardAway wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:22 pm anyone wanna discuss the Lemonfairy and DM wagons yesterday that were the alternatives to falcon's wagon? I would not be surprised if we had all remaining landlords (including Abbi) on falcon and the Arbiters on the counterwagons.
yeah i wouldn't be surprised if one of them (leaning monroe) was a landlord (also noting we've had two west landlords and one east but the distribution should almost certainly be random)
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

leetic wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:21 pm
Teams of 3 in a multiball list of 30 seems really townsided (even moreso than multiball setups usually are). By comparison, World Flags was a multiball setup run a few years ago here with two teams of 3 in 20 players and that ended up being pretty townsided, although here there are likely ITPs which will influence the numbers.
Oh, it's cause I was thinking 6/30 are mafia and then there might be 3ps or something? We've now seen a couple of extra kills and I'm not sure where those are coming from. There was an extra nightkill in the East Facility, plus a dayvig in yours? and then two kills here last night. Might expect a dayvig next, based on that pattern. I know I said I thought Sabi could've been slankvigged for zeroposting yesterday, but actually neither of the players who died in East in the double-kill had slanked.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

oh as for the wagon comp themselves yeah also worth looking at. I do think falcon likely had at least one busser and i thought wilgy fit
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Delta
Money Launderer

Post by Delta »

nutella wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:23 pm agree with leetic that 4s feel more likely and also hosts would usually announce if a faction was eliminated
:sigh:
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

nutella wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:25 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:22 pm anyone wanna discuss the Lemonfairy and DM wagons yesterday that were the alternatives to falcon's wagon? I would not be surprised if we had all remaining landlords (including Abbi) on falcon and the Arbiters on the counterwagons.
yeah i wouldn't be surprised if one of them (leaning monroe) was a landlord (also noting we've had two west landlords and one east but the distribution should almost certainly be random)
Abbi's vote history is a little hard to see here since she didn't use the tags, but I'm going to go through it and see where she landed. I think it would also be good to check what falcon's vote history was, in case there was any chance he avoided bussing a partner (or spewed someone as not-Arbiter). I'm not really sure if he has a distinct wolf voting pattern but maybe people who are experts at reading him can glean some info there.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

WindwardAway wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:25 pm
Oh, it's cause I was thinking 6/30 are mafia and then there might be 3ps or something? We've now seen a couple of extra kills and I'm not sure where those are coming from. There was an extra nightkill in the East Facility, plus a dayvig in yours? and then two kills here last night. Might expect a dayvig next, based on that pattern. I know I said I thought Sabi could've been slankvigged for zeroposting yesterday, but actually neither of the players who died in East in the double-kill had slanked.
6/30 would be 20% mafia, which would be low even for games with only one faction. In multiball games, you are supposed to have more (for instance, in the most famous multiball setup Fire and Ice it is two teams of two in thirteen players, and that setup is townsided if anything).
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

nutella wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:26 pm oh as for the wagon comp themselves yeah also worth looking at. I do think falcon likely had at least one busser and i thought wilgy fit
yeah I think falcon's team could definitely afford to bus, I'm not entirely sure if they would have deemed it necessary? Since obviously they must've been doing well when nobody knew they existed for sure, except for maybe the Landlords (I guess the number of members would be a clue).
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

falcon voted Seanzie (vanity wagon, flipped town) D1 and sig (CW to flipped town Porscha) D2
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

leetic wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:28 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:25 pm
6/30 would be 20% mafia, which would be low even for games with only one faction. In multiball games, you are supposed to have more (for instance, in the most famous multiball setup Fire and Ice it is two teams of two in thirteen players, and that setup is townsided if anything).
Yeah, but what I was getting at was a speculation that it could be 6 mafia and a team of serial killer masons or something
Cause nightvig+dayvig
Maybe I'm overthinking this, I just feel like there's a lot of kp in this game and so far it looks like the only one that's hit mafia is the Abbi kill
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

WindwardAway wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:29 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:26 pm oh as for the wagon comp themselves yeah also worth looking at. I do think falcon likely had at least one busser and i thought wilgy fit
yeah I think falcon's team could definitely afford to bus, I'm not entirely sure if they would have deemed it necessary? Since obviously they must've been doing well when nobody knew they existed for sure, except for maybe the Landlords (I guess the number of members would be a clue).
Bussing is a very high risk low reward strategy in multiball, since the biggest threat to wolves isn't the town but the other wolf team. Still, apparently Abby thought it was a good idea so who knows at this point
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

leetic wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:33 pm
Bussing is a very high risk low reward strategy in multiball, since the biggest threat to wolves isn't the town but the other wolf team. Still, apparently Abby thought it was a good idea so who knows at this point
I'm quite sure the Landlords just went for bussing cause there was an overwhelming majority of votes on Brad, too, in our thread
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 277

Post by Epignosis »

There's no need. Check the relevant host post.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Judging by falcon being the first on his team to flip, I think his team probably was less inclined to bus
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

WindwardAway wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:35 pm Judging by falcon being the first on his team to flip, I think his team probably was less inclined to bus
That's fair yeah
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

WindwardAway wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:35 pm
I'm quite sure the Landlords just went for bussing cause there was an overwhelming majority of votes on Brad, too, in our thread
If I recall correctly, Abby was on pyxxy quite early in the phase. I'll have to recheck it though. Still, I guess maybe they wanted to get rid of a member who wasn't contributing, or they didn't have enough multiball experience to know why it's a bad idea here?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Though iirc wilgy voted toward the end when it was kind of a runaway/done deal? Might want to double check timing on his decision there idk
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

If I were running this, I'd probably go 20 civilians, 4 Mafia A, 4 Mafia B, and 2 independents.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Maybe im way on the wrong track though
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

leetic wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:37 pm
If I recall correctly, Abby was on pyxxy quite early in the phase. I'll have to recheck it though. Still, I guess maybe they wanted to get rid of a member who wasn't contributing, or they didn't have enough multiball experience to know why it's a bad idea here?
She started bussing a bit over halfway through the phase, so take that how you will.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'll be back after work to take on my new role of The Falcon Scientist.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

leetic wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:40 pm
She started bussing a bit over halfway through the phase, so take that how you will.
Still, the only people who may have been on pyxxy at that point were Epi, Sloonei, and Scrappy, the latter being a sock and the second being a pure sheep? Whatever, not putting any more thought into this when there are almost certainly no remaining landlords in the thread
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

[VOTE: Unvote] aubergine
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

leetic wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:41 pm
leetic wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:40 pm
Still, the only people who may have been on pyxxy at that point were Epi, Sloonei, and Scrappy, the latter being a sock and the second being a pure sheep? Whatever, not putting any more thought into this when there are almost certainly no remaining landlords in the thread
I mean, I'm pretty sure I was under considerably more scrutiny at that point. I'm bad at this "not putting any more thought into this" thing
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Re: Game of Champions- Merged Thread [Day 3]

Post by leetic »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:51 pm Vote: Lemon

I hate all these wagons
Abby's last vote before the switch to falcon. If Abby was trying to bus here, it would make no sense to throw that out for a convergence with town that wouldn't have changed the outcome. Thus, I think Lemonfairy isn't the last landlord at least.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Plus, Abby's bus on pyxxy was strong. That vote was weak.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 127
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

[VOTE: epignosis] aubergine

He’s falcon’s teammate.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:18 pm [VOTE: epignosis] aubergine

He’s falcon’s teammate.
Theeeeeere it is.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 151
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

He’s falcon’s teammate.
Bold. Back it up!
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 151
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:24 pm

He’s falcon’s teammate.
Theeeeeere it is.
What factors do you think would indicate that you are falcon's teammate?
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

He’s falcon’s teammate.
Theeeeeere it is.
What's with this response? It feels like you were expecting someone to say that
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

leetic wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:45 pm

He’s falcon’s teammate.
Theeeeeere it is.
Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

Tell him what's won, Johnny!
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:48 pm

He’s falcon’s teammate.
Theeeeeere it is.

If you've been expecting it, surely you have a response to the charges
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

leetic wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:51 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:48 pm

He’s falcon’s teammate.
Theeeeeere it is.

If you've been expecting it, surely you have a response to the charges
Nope. I don't give a damn about that.

When my work tonight is done I plan to dig in and move things forward on the Falcon front.

Then, should others see fit to put me in one of those holes everybody's digging, my voice is in the thread.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 127
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:40 pm

He’s falcon’s teammate.
Bold. Back it up!
Epi historically dislikes and avoid bussing. Epi had a wonky argument that he used to defend falcon throughout the fay yesterday.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”