Game of Champions- Merged Thread [GAME OVER- SERIAL KILLER WINS]

Will you play next year?

Poll ended at Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:00 pm

I gotta win a game first..
No votes
Well, yes, but I gotta win a game first.
No votes

Total votes: 0
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 200

Re: Game of Champions- Merged Thread [Day 7]

Post by DrWilgy »

leetic wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:08 pm In truth, I believe Wilgy is slightly more likely to flip wolf right now than WWA. Wilgy has essentially been forced into an unsustainable PoE, while WWA at least seems to realize the gravity of their situation. While I do hold that the nutella kill makes more sense from WWA than Wilgy, as I said earlier it may be wiser to kill the wolf that didn't make the kill, in case the "one team kills on odd nights and the other on even nights" theory is true. Further, WWA has been very active, and while powerwolfing is a thing Wilgy seems content to mostly skate by and only lash out while he is in danger. Still, WWA's contentness with going down when town has little to no room for error here has me concerned.

That leads to a different issue though, where right now WWA is the right vote for self-preservation from my perspective. But if anyone wants to start a Wilgy wagon I'll be on board.
This entire post is smuckus.

Avoids the absolutely necessary question and only tries to garner support for my wagon's existence through discrediting.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 436
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:26 pm
leetic wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:08 pm Wilgy has essentially been forced into an unsustainable PoE, while WWA at least seems to realize the gravity of their situation.
How is WWA exempt from this unsustainable PoE? Why am I the focus here, what makes us different?
leetic wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:08 pm While I do hold that the nutella kill makes more sense from WWA than Wilgy, as I said earlier it may be wiser to kill the wolf that didn't make the kill, in case the "one team kills on odd nights and the other on even nights" theory is true. Further, WWA has been very active, and while powerwolfing is a thing Wilgy seems content to mostly skate by and only lash out while he is in danger.
Or it doesn't make sense from any wolf on the east side to do so. "Wilgy seems content to mostly skate by and only lash out" alright more discrediting.
WWA is pushing you. You aren't pushing WWA. I can believe that WWA believes the threads are split 5-3. I can't believe that you believe they're split 6-2.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:19 pm
sig wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:00 pm Ignoring the sock we’re at 4-1-1

If we misvote today and have 1 night kill then we’ve still got a final phase.

Also the flip side with my Wilgy read is he could still be mafia just landlord. So there’s that
I'm still finding it unwise to ignore the sock.
And still that's what you're basically doing
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I'm actually at the point where if I'm wrong on Leetic, just toss me next cycle.

Hell, toss me this cycle, and if the game is still going on after my flip, toss Leetic next phase.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
WindwardAway
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 632
Preferred Pronouns: she/her, any

Post by WindwardAway »

leetic wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:29 pm
leetic wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:08 pm Wilgy has essentially been forced into an unsustainable PoE, while WWA at least seems to realize the gravity of their situation.
How is WWA exempt from this unsustainable PoE? Why am I the focus here, what makes us different?
leetic wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:08 pm While I do hold that the nutella kill makes more sense from WWA than Wilgy, as I said earlier it may be wiser to kill the wolf that didn't make the kill, in case the "one team kills on odd nights and the other on even nights" theory is true. Further, WWA has been very active, and while powerwolfing is a thing Wilgy seems content to mostly skate by and only lash out while he is in danger.
Or it doesn't make sense from any wolf on the east side to do so. "Wilgy seems content to mostly skate by and only lash out" alright more discrediting.
WWA is pushing you. You aren't pushing WWA. I can believe that WWA believes the threads are split 5-3. I can't believe that you believe they're split 6-2.
Well I'm voting the sock puppet now because idk anymore.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

WindwardAway wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:24 pm You know what, fuck it.
[VOTE: Davos] aubergine
If you guys decide you wanna kill me over Davos, that's totally fine tbh. I'll take the gamble even at low odds.
You need to vote in the poll for it to count. Besides, if you're town, how would you expect town to win if you are lynched today?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:30 pm I'm actually at the point where if I'm wrong on Leetic, just toss me next cycle.

Hell, toss me this cycle, and if the game is still going on after my flip, toss Leetic next phase.
You know there are two seperate wolves right? This post feels really fake
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

leetic wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:27 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:10 pm
leetic wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:46 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:32 pm
leetic wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:22 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:18 pm
leetic wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:07 pm

Because that totally wouldn't case the remaining wolves to lash out at my side of the thread! I'm starting to wonder if that is the reason
Doesn't even make sense as a counter point. You're arguing that wolves are in east, killed nutella, and are now because they've put a chokehold poe on themselves, they are suddenly lashing at your thread for pursuing that PoE?

Back to the, why make that kill in the first place?

also, as I can assume this commentary is directed, I'm not lashing at your thread. I've cased specifically you, as the agenda all makes sense, and considered the others INCLUDING players on east.
Likely they assumed nutella was a wolf. Mechanical interference like redirecting is also a possibility, but there's no use speculating on it when there's no claiming. I don't see why you think that nutella would be a better kill than someone from my side or even WWA from my perspective. Furthermore, I think this is all a distraction from the fact that there are almost certainly unflipped wolves from your side. Do you really think WWA is town?
Ah, now we'll ignore mech determining the way things are occurring this game.

"Nutella would be a better kill than someone from my side or even WWA from my perspective." - I've already stated this, Nutella wanted to yeet out of the east PoE, this has been one of the pillars of my argument this entire dialogue. You've posted quotes that fulfill a false narrative about it and pretended it's not the case.

No, I don't think WWA is town, BUT I also don't think they make the Nutella kill. IF WWA flips town, I do not we win this game.
nutella was voting WWA lol. I don't think this narrative you are trying to push holds up.
No, you can't just call the narrative wrong when you continue to push your own false narrative, so let's continue:

The question is, ' why Nutella would be a better kill than someone from my side or even WWA from my perspective.'

My answer is because they were against keeping to the east as a firm PoE.

You, state 'Nutella suspected Wilgy and WWA.'

I've quoted the points where Nutella, did suspect WWA, but also wished to push Delta and not stick to the East as PoE.

You, quote singularly, where Nutella suspected WWA, but this doesn't contradict the argument that Nutella wanted to yeet Delta as well and thought that sticking to east was wrong.

When called out for the incorrect argument, you start calling my arguments reeking of desperation that the narrative I'm pushing isn't holding up. You have not brought anything to the discussion that actually argues anything I've stated trying to force the belief that 'Nutella suspected both WWA and I' which is inaccurate. The more I look at this, the more it feels as if you had strictly killed Nutella in effort to force this false narrative, and when called out for it you seek to discredit through gut takes like desperation and quotes that don't detail the entire story.
So your logic is that I had to kill nutella because she wanted to kill in my side. I point out that she was interested in pushing WWA and you. Then you counter by saying nutella also suspected Delta. And this makes nutella a threat to me how? Unless Delta is my partner, which would require a team of five, this still makes no sense. It's your narrative that's contrived.
Absolutely, with MR and Nutella gone, who does it leave to push outside of this bs PoE you have established? If Delta goes over instead of you, that's just icing on the cake and you don't need to pretend to hunt for wolves within your golden PoE.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

The thread counts has done nothing but got us a town yeet after town yeet. You are way scummier than WWA and there's no shot WWA submitted the Nutella NK.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Also the flip side with my Wilgy read is he could still be mafia just landlord. So there’s that
Still pretty sure yeeting you helps us get to the sock.

If the sock becomes a legitimate option, I'll vote the sock.
Image Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:32 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:18 pm

Doesn't even make sense as a counter point. You're arguing that wolves are in east, killed nutella, and are now because they've put a chokehold poe on themselves, they are suddenly lashing at your thread for pursuing that PoE?

Back to the, why make that kill in the first place?

also, as I can assume this commentary is directed, I'm not lashing at your thread. I've cased specifically you, as the agenda all makes sense, and considered the others INCLUDING players on east.
Likely they assumed nutella was a wolf. Mechanical interference like redirecting is also a possibility, but there's no use speculating on it when there's no claiming. I don't see why you think that nutella would be a better kill than someone from my side or even WWA from my perspective. Furthermore, I think this is all a distraction from the fact that there are almost certainly unflipped wolves from your side. Do you really think WWA is town?

"Nutella would be a better kill than someone from my side or even WWA from my perspective." - I've already stated this, Nutella wanted to yeet out of the east PoE, this has been one of the pillars of my argument this entire dialogue. You've posted quotes that fulfill a false narrative about it and pretended it's not the case.

No, I don't think WWA is town, BUT I also don't think they make the Nutella kill. IF WWA flips town, I do not we win this game.
nutella was voting WWA lol. I don't think this narrative you are trying to push holds up.
No, you can't just call the narrative wrong when you continue to push your own false narrative, so let's continue:

The question is, ' why Nutella would be a better kill than someone from my side or even WWA from my perspective.'

I've quoted the points where Nutella, did suspect WWA, but also wished to push Delta and not stick to the East as PoE.

You, quote singularly, where Nutella suspected WWA, but this doesn't contradict the argument that Nutella wanted to yeet Delta as well and thought that sticking to east was wrong.

When called out for the incorrect argument, you start calling my arguments reeking of desperation that the narrative I'm pushing isn't holding up. You have not brought anything to the discussion that actually argues anything I've stated trying to force the belief that 'Nutella suspected both WWA and I' which is inaccurate. The more I look at this, the more it feels as if you had strictly killed Nutella in effort to force this false narrative, and when called out for it you seek to discredit through gut takes like desperation and quotes that don't detail the entire story.
So your logic is that I had to kill nutella because she wanted to kill in my side. I point out that she was interested in pushing WWA and you. Then you counter by saying nutella also suspected Delta. And this makes nutella a threat to me how? Unless Delta is my partner, which would require a team of five, this still makes no sense. It's your narrative that's contrived.
Absolutely, with MR and Nutella gone, who does it leave to push outside of this bs PoE you have established? If Delta goes over instead of you, that's just icing on the cake and you don't need to pretend to hunt for wolves within your golden PoE.
nutella is only a threat to me if she pushes me, not if she pushes Delta. If I wanted Delta gone, wouldn't I leave nutella alive? You're grasping at straws here
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:35 pm

Stop being a coward. Put your money where your mouth is.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

leetic wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:32 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:30 pm I'm actually at the point where if I'm wrong on Leetic, just toss me next cycle.

Aye, if I need to flip to toss you and they eventually get to the remaining wolf that's perfectly fine.
Image Image Image
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

leetic wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:31 pm
If you guys decide you wanna kill me over Davos, that's totally fine tbh. I'll take the gamble even at low odds.
You need to vote in the poll for it to count. Besides, if you're town, how would you expect town to win if you are lynched today?
I don't really know if I expect town to win anymore :/ this is a mess.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:36 pm

Aye, if I need to flip to toss you and they eventually get to the remaining wolf that's perfectly fine.
And pray tell, how will they do this exactly? Mislynching me means it's 3-1-1 discounting Davos, and if town gets nightkilled it's basically unwinnable.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

leetic wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:37 pm

And pray tell, how will they do this exactly? Mislynching me means it's 3-1-1 discounting Davos, and if town gets nightkilled it's basically unwinnable.
I hear what you're saying, and I agree that if you're town and you flip we can't win, but it's the same thing with Wilgy, with Davos, with Delta... Anyone we choose to yeet. Also me. If we yeet town today we can still yeet a wolf tomorrow, but the morale might go down which is the main problem today. Tomorrow, regardless of today, we absolutely need to yeet a wolf.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

leetic wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:35 pm

nutella is only a threat to me if she pushes me, not if she pushes Delta. If I wanted Delta gone, wouldn't I leave nutella alive? You're grasping at straws here
Aye, but why would you want Delta gone? Delta being around is just more padding for you. At the end of the day, who would've been able to break your bad PoE? Nutella? Who would've been more likely to just continue joining you on your bad PoE? Delta?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

leetic wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:36 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:35 pm

Stop being a coward. Put your money where your mouth is.
Wowee! And finally we are addressing the sock.
Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 277

Post by Epignosis »

I've been reading back, but I feel like I'm just reading in circles. I'm not getting anywhere, and it's burning me out.
This character is on the poll, which means we need to assess the poppet as we would anybody else. I have admittedly been ignoring it, which is on me.

If we replace the name with something like "Epignosis" or "nutella" or whatever, I think it's safe to conclude that this individual would be history. Five posts in this thread, and all of them just votes.

Needless to say, no civilian wants this activity level around in a potentially endgame scenario.

There is a bit of a gamble here. If our situation is 5v1v1 like I think, and the poppet is civilian-aligned, then killing it today most likely makes Day 8 a 3v1v1 scenario, which isn't the end of the world. If I am wrong, and right now it's 5v2, then that course of action makes thing far dicier.

However, a 3v2 with a five-posting civilian poppet is probably game over anyway. :meany:

So [VOTE: Davos] aubergine
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:39 pm

Aye, but why would you want Delta gone? Delta being around is just more padding for you. At the end of the day, who would've been able to break your bad PoE? Nutella? Who would've been more likely to just continue joining you on your bad PoE? Delta?
So your idea is that I want to win by pushing people in the other side, and Delta going down is a threat to that plan because reasons? If I was a wolf they'd be as good a mislynch as any other
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

but you aren't a misyeet.
Image Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:41 pm

Sea tá mé
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I am picturing choking the life out of Kermit the Frog right now.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

leetic wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:41 pm

So your idea is that I want to win by pushing people in the other side, and Delta going down is a threat to that plan because reasons? If I was a wolf they'd be as good a mislynch as any other
What part do I need to reexplain for the 4th time?

Delta going down is not a threat to your plan. Delta going down can happen and it's probably not the end of the world to you. This doesn't change the fact, that you'd PREFER a cleaner Wilgy/WWA chainyeet bait. Nutella arguing against the wider PoE changes that.
Image Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:46 pm

Delta going down is not a threat to your plan. Delta going down can happen and it's probably not the end of the world to you. This doesn't change the fact, that you'd PREFER a cleaner Wilgy/WWA chainyeet bait. Nutella arguing against the wider PoE changes that.
Why would I prefer that? Ego points?
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Delta
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 190
Preferred Pronouns: He/They

Post by Delta »

I'm kinda at this point as well even though it's almost always attached to a wolf rather than a wolf alone

I dunno, it's weird. They're just. There?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

leetic wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:43 pm

Sea tá mé
I'll be more fair,

SO, if I'm incorrect, we likely just lose.

If I'm incorrect that implies that you are incorrect as well on my slot and we just lose still.

So what's the point and who's the correct option? I've already outlined that I only think you/epi ever even think about the Nutella kill. Why am I incorrect on that?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

leetic wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:47 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:46 pm

Why would I prefer that? Ego points?
It's definitely cleaner. I don't think I've seen a situation where a wolf needlessly increases their chance to be yeeted.
Image Image Image
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

I'm still mulling over whether it's more likely Davos is separate from a player or attached to someone else in the game and I haven't reached a conclusion tbh
Cause I felt like scrappy was a separate player, and that's primarily why I'm concerned about Davos.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:45 pm I am picturing choking the life out of Kermit the Frog right now.
After grabbing the lingerie, hopefully not in any way related to that.
Image Image Image
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:48 pm

Sea tá mé
I'll be more fair,

If I'm incorrect that implies that you are incorrect as well on my slot and we just lose still.

So what's the point and who's the correct option? I've already outlined that I only think you/epi ever even think about the Nutella kill. Why am I incorrect on that?
First, you're locked into the idea that nothing could have mechanically affected the nutella kill, which is not a safe assumption when we know little about the setup. Secondly, wolves don't always make "optimal" kill choices, especially if they can build a narrative out of them (implicitly or explicitly). The nutella kill on its own is WIFOM unless you can build a larger narrative that connects it to previous kills and how that would point to a certain person being a wolf.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

You guys are still arguing but you're consolidating on Davos 😅 and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Be back in a bit, I don't want to miss eod actually
I'm out with friends though so my attentions a bit scattered
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:51 pm
Epignosis wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:45 pm I am picturing choking the life out of Kermit the Frog right now.
This is getting a nomination.
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:51 pm
I almost spit out my beer, congrats
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

leetic wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:51 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:48 pm

Sea tá mé
I'll be more fair,

First, you're locked into the idea that nothing could have mechanically affected the nutella kill, which is not a safe assumption when we know little about the setup. Secondly, wolves don't always make "optimal" kill choices, especially if they can build a narrative out of them (implicitly or explicitly). The nutella kill on its own is WIFOM unless you can build a larger narrative that connects it to previous kills and how that would point to a certain person being a wolf.
Ok, so let's say something mechanically affected the kill, then we should still, by all means be yeeting in Davos or WWA. If I'm wrong on WWA, we lose. If I'm wrong on Davos, meh, that's probably fine.

I think the thing about the later part, Nutella kill being WIFOM, I don't think at any point Nutella being killed had WIFOM implications. Even my thoughts were generally formed AFTER people had time to interact with the Nutella kill. Epi gunning for Delta following it, for example, was the basis on why it makes less sense for Epi to have made that kill.
Image Image Image
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

I'm almost home btw, you'll have my full attention soon (it got a little difficult to type in the rain)
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Why is no one giving thoughts on the leetic vs Wilgy thing BTW?
I have an opinion on who comes out looking townier but it's surface-level and i would not call it W/T immediately because I think doing so is objectively bad solving
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Objectively bad in the sense that the wolves are forced to sniff each other out, so they will try probably as hard as town to solve the game. But they will subtract themselves out of the equation and push agenda to fill the gap.
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

What I'm looking for is that discrepancy in solving logic, the players who are more one-sided in their hunting because they are really only looking for one wolf.

I believe that both of leetic and Wilgy are mainly focused on pushing each other, even though they mention other possibilities (me). But leetic was focused on me when I was posting and Wilgy was not earlier. They have pushed more than one player today.

Wilgy has echoed the same thing about me that I've said about him — straight PoE, but a game-losing yeet if town. He has, however, been pushing only leetic, despite admitting i should be the other wolf from his pov.

The difference I see here is that leetic has been focused on pushing whoever has a kill tonight, and Wilgy has been focused on pushing whoever he thinks is wolfiest with a secondary goal to solve the game state as a whole.

It's really hard for me to say whether I think focusing on one player at a time or stepping back to consider the bigger picture is townier because I have seen both moves come from town. I believe seeing the bigger picture is slightly townier because wolves often get stuck on details more easily. For wolves, it's easier to tailor the narrative in a way that town might not easily notice if they talk only about details. So off the top of my head, Wilgy is townier.

To be fair to leetic, I've seen them get stuck on the fine details before as town, and that's why I'm not jumping to vote them. But I also don't really believe Wilgy makes the nutella kill on purpose (mechanics like a redirect or bus drive could obviously change that). There's not really any evidence in the thread that I believe would point to anyone knowingly redirecting Wilgy, because leetic only voted him after moving off me, and nobody else has moved to vote there. So that's pretty much out of the question, and more likely the kill was either a bus drive or it was intentional and from another source. But that's the whole problem with NKA; it's not getting me anywhere.
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

I would love to just punt Davos into the sun with absolutely no regrets but I'm still thinking everything through again because I dont have complete confidence in that move. I think they're objectively wolfy but if they're controlled by a player in the game, we're about to shoot ourselves in the foot.

I voted Davos to see how each of you would react, and seeing leetic, Wilgy and Epi follow my vote, I'm a little worried. However, it's given me important information, and it's that if Davos flips town or is attached to a player, one of these names is mafia. I think it is entirely possible that two are mafia. If Davos flips mafia and is attached to a player, one of those votes is likely the puppetmaster.

So I think we should go ahead and flip them. Worst case scenario, we are in XyLo tomorrow and we have a Davos town flip with a narrow PoE. Best case scenario, Davos flips mafia and is independent of other living players.

That is my verdict.
Delta
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 190
Preferred Pronouns: He/They

Post by Delta »

The main drawback on voting Davos is that I dont think the puppet counts for parity, and that there isnt some sort of lover mech with Davos & their player, assuming they're attached to someone

so even if they are a wolf puppet, do we gain anything?

I hope so but I have doubts as well ;_; Scrappy's death didnt kill the host
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

WindwardAway wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:40 pm I would love to just punt Davos into the sun with absolutely no regrets but I'm still thinking everything through again because I dont have complete confidence in that move. I think they're objectively wolfy but if they're controlled by a player in the game, we're about to shoot ourselves in the foot.

I voted Davos to see how each of you would react, and seeing leetic, Wilgy and Epi follow my vote, I'm a little worried. However, it's given me important information, and it's that if Davos flips town or is attached to a player, one of these names is mafia. I think it is entirely possible that two are mafia. If Davos flips mafia and is attached to a player, one of those votes is likely the puppetmaster.

So I think we should go ahead and flip them. Worst case scenario, we are in XyLo tomorrow and we have a Davos town flip with a narrow PoE. Best case scenario, Davos flips mafia and is independent of other living players.

That is my verdict.
I don't know how much I buy this.

The wording is suspicious on top of that. "I think it's entirely possible that two are mafia."

Nothing whatsoever has changed this entire phase to move the needle in that regard.

[VOTE: WinwardAway] aubergine
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Yeah, this is bad. "If Davos flips town [...] one of these names is mafia."
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Come to think of it, if both Wilgy and WWA are on Davos, that's not a good sign. [VOTE: WindwardAway] aubergine
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

All of those words just to hedge and set up the next Day phase.
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:48 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:40 pm I would love to just punt Davos into the sun with absolutely no regrets but I'm still thinking everything through again because I dont have complete confidence in that move. I think they're objectively wolfy but if they're controlled by a player in the game, we're about to shoot ourselves in the foot.

That is my verdict.
I don't know how much I buy this.

The wording is suspicious on top of that. "I think it's entirely possible that two are mafia."

Nothing whatsoever has changed this entire phase to move the needle in that regard.

[VOTE: WinwardAway] aubergine
Two as in, both Wilgy and leetic. I don't think it's you.
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:53 pm Yeah, this is bad. "If Davos flips town [...] one of these names is mafia."
Because mafia would want a day wasted.
My point is, we CAN get the mafia that way, but we have to take the risk.
It's fine though, I'll flip today.

Legacy is sig and Epi are town, I believe mafia are within Wilgy/Delta/leetic and Davos if it's a separate slot, less likely Delta than the others.

Thanks for a great game, and I hope you guys pull through 🙂
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

[VOTE: unvote] aubergine
Epignosis
Skeletor