Game of Champions- Merged Thread [GAME OVER- SERIAL KILLER WINS]

Will you play next year?

Poll ended at Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:00 pm

I gotta win a game first..
No votes
Well, yes, but I gotta win a game first.
No votes

Total votes: 0
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 30

Re: Game of Champions- Merged Thread [Day 7]

Post by S~V~S »

Thread is locked, Mods no posting please!

Davos
15%

Voters: DrWilgy, Epignosis

Delta
No votes

Voters: None

DrWilgy
No votes

Epignosis
No votes

leetic
8%

Voters: sig

sig
No votes

WindwardAway
15%

Voters: leetic, Davos

Unvote
8%

Voters: WindwardAway
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Re: Game of Champions- Merged Thread [Day 7]

Post by S~V~S »

Davos waited about the mizzenmast.

He seemed to never make rendez vous with his contact. He would have like to be more useful, but drinking and wenching took so much time!

So much energy!

He never seemed to be around when his partner showed up, and things just never seemed to work out for them.

He looked ashore and saw a ruckus, took out his spyglass and spied a number of people fighting and waving pitchforks and torches.

"Arr", he said to himself, "I had best be getting meself out of here afore the mob comes a lookin' for me!".

But they saw his ship pulling away from the dock, and sent flaming arrows into his sails.

Davos has drawn his last breath

Spoiler: show
Davos was a sockpuppet, and was by default aligned with the Landlords.
It is Now Night *7*

Please get night actions in within 22 hours.

NOTE THE NIGHT POLL!!

We are considering going to 24 hour days, and are looking to see what y'all think of that.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Re: Game of Champions- Merged Thread [Day 8]

Post by S~V~S »

There's alot more to sig than meets the eye.

Sig is probably the best natured person in any game he plays. Even mid yeet he's haha-ing and :p at people. He was deeper than he looked. And he never brought the drama, he always defused it. He deserved an award for his game in Scooby Doo; his baddie performance in in that game was spectacular.

He's always fair, and is willing to hear and discuss points in favor of the people he suspects.

From now on, anytime a couple plays a game, I'll be on the lookout for the Ika/Silverwolf maneuver, as should we all. Thanks sig, we hardly knew ye, even though you'd think that, by now, we all would.

Sig has died,

Sig:
Spoiler: show
JJJ’s bad first date- not his fault (JJJ’s Bad First Date Mafia):

You are town, and win when all threats to town have been eliminated.

You were a date that ended poorly when she informed JaggedJimmyJay that she had been tracked by the police for child endangerment charges.

It's now DAY 8. Per your vote, day will last 48 hours. You know what to do, you know how to do it.
WindwardAway
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 632
Preferred Pronouns: she/her, any

Re: Game of Champions- Merged Thread [Night 7]

Post by WindwardAway »

[VOTE: DrWilgy] aubergine

You played a really good game, mate.
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

To everyone else: you should ONLY vote within Wilgy/me today. Davos's flip should confirm to you that the Landlord is on the East side and can only be one of the two of us.
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

I don't think I'm gonna stay up much longer tonight, but fortunately the day is still 48 hours so I have plenty of time to say my bit. I'll probably be more active in the last 24 hours, though.
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 436
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

[VOTE: DrWilgy] aubergine

Fairly sure this is the last wolf. Still, I will look at Epi and Delta since it's so late in the game
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Last night when looking through EoD again, I talked myself out of scumreading leetic. They moved their vote very reasonably when they saw that both Wilgy and I were voting Davos.
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 436
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

WindwardAway wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:05 pm To everyone else: you should ONLY vote within Wilgy/me today. Davos's flip should confirm to you that the Landlord is on the East side and can only be one of the two of us.
Brad being Davos makes enough sense. I do think Wilgy is likely the remaining Arbiter though
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

I don't really suspect Epi, either, because they moved their vote after I unvoted Davos, and I can't think of a reason why a wolf would rather flip a sock puppet than someone who's a mislunch.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 277

Post by Epignosis »

WindwardAway wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:05 pm To everyone else: you should ONLY vote within Wilgy/me today. Davos's flip should confirm to you that the Landlord is on the East side and can only be one of the two of us.
Why did you unvote after I voted you?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

leetic wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:13 pm
Brad being Davos makes enough sense. I do think Wilgy is likely the remaining Arbiter though
Ah shit, I forgot that the sock puppets might not die when the owners do 😅
Isn't that kind of crazy, though, like if we yeeted all the remaining wolves out of the thread and ignored Davos, the landlords would just win by existing?
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:14 pm
Because I wanted the Davos flip, but not more than I wanted whatever flip was going to be most informative for everyone else to solve the game. I wanted the flip for info, but I wasn't going to self-pres on a sock puppet.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Where do you find this connection?

Been working all day, so I might be slow.
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

leetic wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:11 pm [VOTE: DrWilgy] aubergine

Fairly sure this is the last wolf. Still, I will look at Epi and Delta since it's so late in the game
If Davos flipped landlord and you think Wilgy is an Arbiter, you think Davos counted as a whole mafia slot?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

WindwardAway wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:16 pm
Because I wanted the Davos flip, but not more than I wanted whatever flip was going to be most informative for everyone else to solve the game. I wanted the flip for info, but I wasn't going to self-pres on a sock puppet.
You dying over Davos was not going to be informative to me. Nothing here is. There are no more teams (I don't believe).

I did make leetic jump though, didn't I? :grin:
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:18 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:16 pm
You dying over Davos was not going to be informative to me. Nothing here is. There are no more teams (I don't believe).

I did make leetic jump though, didn't I? :grin:
Idk, I thought flipping a player slot rather than a puppet slot was at least a bit more useful lol
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

I would definitely like to hear from Delta today, btw. It felt like they were sitting back during a lot of the discussion yesterday and letting it happen rather than jumping in and giving their opinion.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I thought leetic's jump on you when I made my 11th hour play against you was super suspicious. Thoughts?
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:23 pm I thought leetic's jump on you when I made my 11th hour play against you was super suspicious. Thoughts?
I gave thoughts a couple posts ago. Leetic's PoE was very firmly only Wilgy/me, so I think pointing out that Wilgy and I were both voting Davos as a reason to jump off of Davos and onto me made sense in context.

The one thing that stuck out to me was that earlier, leetic was against voting Davos or at least avoiding the topic, but when arguing with Wilgy they voted Davos in a way that sounded like they were intimidating Wilgy to vote there, too. And that's probably the only thing that didn't make sense to me in Leetic's progression, but I don't know that it's enough to warrant suspicion.
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

WindwardAway wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:26 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:23 pm I thought leetic's jump on you when I made my 11th hour play against you was super suspicious. Thoughts?
I gave thoughts a couple posts ago. Leetic's PoE was very firmly only Wilgy/me, so I think pointing out that Wilgy and I were both voting Davos as a reason to jump off of Davos and onto me made sense in context.

The one thing that stuck out to me was that earlier, leetic was against voting Davos or at least avoiding the topic, but when arguing with Wilgy they voted Davos in a way that sounded like they were intimidating Wilgy to vote there, too. And that's probably the only thing that didn't make sense to me in Leetic's progression, but I don't know that it's enough to warrant suspicion.
I should clarify: the part that doesn't make sense to me is that leetic thought I was a wolf, then thought Wilgy was a wolf, but followed my vote onto Davos in order to make Wilgy vote there, and then voted me at EoD *because* both Wilgy and I were still on Davos. Like there's a gap in reasoning in between, but I don't think it's really alignment indicative?
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

On an unrelated note, no event today? :(
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

WindwardAway wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:29 pm

I should clarify: the part that doesn't make sense to me is that leetic thought I was a wolf, then thought Wilgy was a wolf, but followed my vote onto Davos in order to make Wilgy vote there, and then voted me at EoD *because* both Wilgy and I were still on Davos. Like there's a gap in reasoning in between, but I don't think it's really alignment indicative?
My interpretation was that leetic saw you as an easy "real person" kill once I moved and could thus leave Davos for Day 8.
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Anyway, idk what to make of Leetic's theory that Brad could've been Davos's owner. I still think Davos would've died if the owner died, or it would potentially lead to a weird XyLo situation.
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:32 pm

My interpretation was that leetic saw you as an easy "real person" kill once I moved and could thus leave Davos for Day 8.
Hmm. So you think their last-minute vote swing was opportunistic, because it would give them a better chance of endgaming?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

WindwardAway wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:35 pm

Hmm. So you think their last-minute vote swing was opportunistic, because it would give them a better chance of endgaming?
Precisely.

And I do not understand why leetic chimed in with "Brad was Davos."

There is no evidence whatsoever that I can see with my own two peepers that this specifically is the case.
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:37 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:35 pm

Precisely.

And I do not understand why leetic chimed in with "Brad was Davos."

There is no evidence whatsoever that I can see with my own two peepers that this specifically is the case.
Speaking of which, I'm going to go and check the East Facility to see if Brad and Davos both voted on D1 or not. That's about the only evidence I could think of that might point to that, even though leetic didn't have access to it AFAIK. And if double-voting is a thing then it doesn't mean much.
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Ok yeah, Brad never voted. I thought it was just because he was in antispew, though.
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

WindwardAway wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:41 pm Ok yeah, Brad never voted. I thought it was just because he was in antispew, though.
Davos voted Nutella that day. Lol
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

If leetic is caught on Day 8 because of an old fashioned slip in GOC 2024, that's fun shit right there.
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:44 pm If leetic is caught on Day 8 because of an old fashioned slip in GOC 2024, that's fun shit right there.
I'm trying to determine why they'd ever feel the need to mention Brad in the first place if they're a landlord and knew who Davos was, though. Seems like it wouldn't be very well thought out, and I would like to think leetic is more conscientious than that? I mean if they blurt who they believe Davos to be, isn't it more likely it's from town (or Arbiter) who doesn't care if they drop information because they know it doesn't incriminate them?
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Idk, maybe it's just because flipped so easily without properly defending himself? But from what I hear, so did pyxxy. Only thing preventing Davos from being pyxxy is that pyxxy wouldn't have had thread view in the East. So I guess I can kinda see a reason there for it to be Brad. But Brad just... flips like that, as scum, even if he doesn't become a stump or control a puppet. I didn't read into his lack of defense more than that.
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

WindwardAway wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:51 pm Idk, maybe it's just because *Brad* flipped so easily without properly defending himself? But from what I hear, so did pyxxy. Only thing preventing Davos from being pyxxy is that pyxxy wouldn't have had thread view in the East. So I guess I can kinda see a reason there for it to be Brad. But Brad just... flips like that, as scum, even if he doesn't become a stump or control a puppet. I didn't read into his lack of defense more than that.
EBWOP
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

[VOTE: leetic] aubergine
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

WindwardAway wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:47 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:44 pm If leetic is caught on Day 8 because of an old fashioned slip in GOC 2024, that's fun shit right there.
I'm trying to determine why they'd ever feel the need to mention Brad in the first place if they're a landlord and knew who Davos was, though. Seems like it wouldn't be very well thought out, and I would like to think leetic is more conscientious than that? I mean if they blurt who they believe Davos to be, isn't it more likely it's from town (or Arbiter) who doesn't care if they drop information because they know it doesn't incriminate them?
It isn't very well thought out. That's why it's called a "slip."
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

I swear I come in every day start, thinking I've got a solid lead, and then I just get less and less certain as the day wears on.
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Even if Davos really was Brad, though, why wouldn't there be another Landlord in play? Leetic's angle on Wilgy is that Wilgy is an Arbiter and the last wolf.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

WindwardAway wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:57 pm I swear I come in every day start, thinking I've got a solid lead, and then I just get less and less certain as the day wears on.
I have two late-breaking pieces of evidence against leetic:

1) Jumping on you at the 11th hour after I did (as a ruse), and
2) Declaring Brad as the controller of the poppet when there is no evidence that is the case.

Number 2 is stronger than number 1. Together, it's is a red damn flag.
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:03 pm
WindwardAway wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:57 pm I swear I come in every day start, thinking I've got a solid lead, and then I just get less and less certain as the day wears on.

2) Declaring Brad as the controller of the poppet when there is no evidence that is the case.

Is there no chance leetic might "slip" that Davos info if they are a townie who found out through some means?
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

WindwardAway wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:04 pm

Is there no chance leetic might "slip" that Davos info if they are a townie who found out through some means?
I'm only saying this because I've gotten called out for infoslips as a town investigative. And unfortunately leetic isn't gonna be able to confirm or deny whether they are. But it is a thought that I have.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Why here and why now? Is that how that universe reads?
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:06 pm

Why here and why now? Is that how that universe reads?
Maybe leetic privately receives flip info or something, that's what I can think of. Definitely not a rolecop or adjacent.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Nope. Still doesn't check out.

leetic said this in RESPONSE to you saying, "you should ONLY vote within Wilgy/me today. Davos's flip should confirm to you that the Landlord is on the East side and can only be one of the two of us."

If leetic has civilian information, then leetic is breaking the rules, but the response doesn't make sense in that context as a reply to you.

I don't think that's the case. I think leetic flat out goofed.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Nevertheless, there's still plenty of time for leetic to sort this out as able.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I rescind my suspicion. I see my error.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

[VOTE: Unvote] aubergine
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

There is no unvote, so [VOTE: Delta] aubergine.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Saturdays are hell folks.
WindwardAway
Loan Shark

Post by WindwardAway »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:10 pm Nope. Still doesn't check out.

leetic said this in RESPONSE to you saying, "you should ONLY vote within Wilgy/me today. Davos's flip should confirm to you that the Landlord is on the East side and can only be one of the two of us."

If leetic has civilian information, then leetic is breaking the rules, but the response doesn't make sense in that context as a reply to you.

I don't think that's the case. I think leetic flat out goofed.
I think leetic was just saying that Davos could've taken up a second landlord slot without being a separate player, though. Which I'm not sure I agree with, because then that would be 3 landlords and a puppet, which feels a little off.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

^Nope, I'm just dumb.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”