63%

Total votes: 8
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 145
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Sims Mafia game thread

Post by Long Con »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:02 pm @Long Con, so you think my treatment of Sig was hypocritical and that seems to be the argument for why my vote doesn't feel right?

You prefer Sig over Falcon as if one has to be T and one has to be W in the argument you presented above. What level 9 responses are you seeing from Sig?
Well, you said hypocritical, not me, that doesn't taste like the flavour I was saucin', but I guess it's in the vicinity. You gave a false reason for changing the PoE. You implied you put faith in sig's read on Syn, after you disparaged that very read and called it wolfy.

I don't think sig-falcon has to be T-W. I don't think I implied that beyond a possible hypothetical. Like, GTH, falcon dies over sig.

falcon was the level 9 one, sig was the level 1 one. sig said something practically innocuous, and falcon throttled him and said "why aren't you calling him WOLFYYYY?".
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 122
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

Town:
Michelle
LCx2
Falcon
Syn
Spoiler: show
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 71

Post by DrWilgy »

Long Con wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:12 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:05 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:02 pm @Long Con, so you think my treatment of Sig was hypocritical and that seems to be the argument for why my vote doesn't feel right?

You prefer Sig over Falcon as if one has to be T and one has to be W in the argument you presented above. What level 9 responses are you seeing from Sig?
I guess further @Long Con, since your Sig opinions seem to be in comparison to me and Falc, what's your Sig read in isolation? What do you think comes from a townie mindset if you think that?
I think sig looks towny, and it's because of his interactions with you and falcon, rather than in isolation from them: I think his progression on you is more reaction and less agenda, and I think his responses to falcon were good. I've read every sig post more than once, looking for a reason to suspect him, and I still put him on my townlist... that said, I'd have to go back to his ISO and specifically pick posts that don't involve you or falcon and see. I don't have any ready to reference offhand, but probably calling a lot of them AI would a little forced.
I'll do the same and see if I can see this. Alot of my issue right now is that it feels fake and ninja dipping when pointing out that they again have a read that's already been presented. Like, ANY bit of argument that their reads were their own would've been better lol.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Lime Coke wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:20 pm This might be the first time LC and I are town together and can form the LC connection finally.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

[VOTE: Epi] aubergine
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 151

Post by Spacedaisy »

Hi Lime Coke. How do you know you and Long Con are both civ?

I think maybe the Wilgy and Long Con stuff is a misunderstanding. Also I finally get Wilgy's logic and like what he is saying about Syn. It's at least enough for someone to use on D1 I guess anyway.

I have not ISOed sig, but I recall the vague impression sig was aggravated. I should probably ISO though. brb
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:22 pm

I guess further @Long Con, since your Sig opinions seem to be in comparison to me and Falc, what's your Sig read in isolation? What do you think comes from a townie mindset if you think that?
I think sig looks towny, and it's because of his interactions with you and falcon, rather than in isolation from them: I think his progression on you is more reaction and less agenda, and I think his responses to falcon were good. I've read every sig post more than once, looking for a reason to suspect him, and I still put him on my townlist... that said, I'd have to go back to his ISO and specifically pick posts that don't involve you or falcon and see. I don't have any ready to reference offhand, but probably calling a lot of them AI would a little forced.
I'll do the same and see if I can see this. Alot of my issue right now is that it feels fake and ninja dipping when pointing out that they again have a read that's already been presented. Like, ANY bit of argument that their reads were their own would've been better lol.
I think you and falcon are either taking him too seriously, or putting on an act of doing so. The ninja-dip doesn't bother me at all. Like... he'll be back. He talks when he's here.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Ok, no, not really aggravated in most posts, just a couple that maybe seemed annoyed with Wilgy.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:25 pm Hi Lime Coke. How do you know you and Long Con are both civ?

I think maybe the Wilgy and Long Con stuff is a misunderstanding. Also I finally get Wilgy's logic and like what he is saying about Syn. It's at least enough for someone to use on D1 I guess anyway.

I have not ISOed sig, but I recall the vague impression sig was aggravated. I should probably ISO though. brb
I actually liked his stuff posted on Page 2 I barely read the most recent back and forth with DrWilgy.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Long Con wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:21 pm

Well, you said hypocritical, not me, that doesn't taste like the flavour I was saucin', but I guess it's in the vicinity. You gave a false reason for changing the PoE. You implied you put faith in sig's read on Syn, after you disparaged that very read and called it wolfy.

I don't think sig-falcon has to be T-W. I don't think I implied that beyond a possible hypothetical. Like, GTH, falcon dies over sig.

falcon was the level 9 one, sig was the level 1 one. sig said something practically innocuous, and falcon throttled him and said "why aren't you calling him WOLFYYYY?".
If you think I'm putting out a fallacious argument in form of wolf push and you've identified it through what appears to be hypocrisy, by all means state it as such. Wolves can be caught this way lol.

Please see my more detailed elaboration:
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:46 pm
Roxy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:43 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:55 pm Brad and Sig both vouching for Syn is reason enough to pull from D1 PoE.
Really? You have no thoughts on your own? Feels funky to use someone else's read to pull someone from your own POE.

Also I am not making any sort of POE until we have a few more posts.
why is it funky? I've expressed Syn is wolfy (thoughts on my own), 2 players have expressed the opposite.

If either are wolf, it reads of tmi which indicates Syn is town.

If either are town, it implies that reading Syn as town is genuine and I can be wrong.
Again, my PoE shift had nothing to do with faith in a read, more so with pattern and possibility chances that I explained to Roxy after I realized it may not be as upfront as I thought it was.

Also, I suppose I can elaborate further on mindset here on this statement in red if that's the issue. WHEN I can be wrong at this stage in the game, it's more likely than not that I am wrong because of the limited data we have. I'd rather trust the likely civs around me if there's a dichotomy that enforces civ thinking, as there are more avenues of thinking than just 1 player, 1 wagon, 1 poe. The PoE I present this day phase, will very likely look nothing like the PoE going into d3, d4 etc. It's the difference between I think this player is town but wrong and I'll argue with them and I think this player is town, BUT I should play to the chance that I'm wrong.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

BTW I don't agree with Sig's reads but I'm letting him live to see how things go.

DrWilgy...kinda same idk what he's doing but I'm letting him live.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Actually, no I misread that. I think it was falcon he was annoyed with and I can see why. sig was joking with Epi and says he was fluff posting and falcon seemed to be making a big deal out of it. I'm not sure I get what falcon meant.

The only weird thing I see with sig is actually just the fact that he is pinged by Epi for not joking, when he was even joking with Epi himself.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Long Con wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:25 pm

I think you and falcon are either taking him too seriously, or putting on an act of doing so. The ninja-dip doesn't bother me at all. Like... he'll be back. He talks when he's here.
Aye, the ninja dip shows me that they were here though lol. Any acknowledgement of my arguments would've been better.

And like the response I did get:
sig wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:50 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:34 pm
sig wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:39 pm So far not much content.

Epi isn’t joking around D1 that’s a bit of a ping
Michelle is being active, but not in a towny way so that’s a slight ping.

Wilgy and Syn both get a town lean.
Damn, this is a wolf.

[VOTE: Sig] aubergine

3/4 of these opinions aren't Sig certified thoughts tm.

Michelle has plenty of post to point out how in fact they are not townie in spite of plenty saying contrary.

Sig giving me a tl lmao
Why not ask why you get a town read instead of voting?

Also in a thread of 12 people it makes sense to weight in on what’s already been said and discussed so your point is moot.
I responded to asking why should I ask why, and I think a towny response WOULD'VE been something along the lines of 'but I thought I did elaborate enough' because that's what I normally think when someone doesn't get my thoughts. That kinda just didn't happen.

I'll take your read with some salt. The PoE is beeg enough for that. Sig is wolfier than Epi/Abigail/Daisy/Falc, but I think Epi/Abigail/Daisy are all fine PoE wise as well.
Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:30 am Epignosis isn't doing an elaborate gimmick, which he likes to do as Town. Therefore, he is bad. [VOTE: epignosis] aubergine
Dufka.

I have always performed in Fallout.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Lime Coke wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:34 pm BTW I don't agree with Sig's reads but I'm letting him live to see how things go.

DrWilgy...kinda same idk what he's doing but I'm letting him live.
me eat wolbes.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Maybe I pull Daisy from that list, Daisy seems to be parsing the sig/falc/me kerfuffle.

I look forward to their conclusions.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Falcon is weird, as Falcon is not W/W with Sig at this point and IF Sig is W, Falc is surely T.

Generally when reading I look for knockout Falcon T posts, and while a few are close, I don't think any are quite there yet.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

If we play by the early wagon rule, and ignore the first one as that was kinda artificially established by Michelle, there being one in Sig/Epi/Me/Falc. I could see it in either Sig or Epi atm.
Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:36 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:30 am Epignosis isn't doing an elaborate gimmick, which he likes to do as Town. Therefore, he is bad. [VOTE: epignosis] aubergine
Dufka.

What did you do in the first two? Also, are you happy with the gimmick of #3, now that you are RIP?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

sig wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:35 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:03 am sig is bradna. Let's just vote him out already and get it over with.
Do it, then win the game for me so I can be in GoC
Jadosi!

[VOTE: PA] aubergine
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:44 pm
Dufka.

What did you do in the first two? Also, are you happy with the gimmick of #3, now that you are RIP?
Are you asking me to discuss a game that is still going on?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:46 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:44 pm
Dufka.

Are you asking me to discuss a game that is still going on?
:srsnod: Yeah, you're dead, it doesn't matter. I also drive over the speed limit on empty country roads.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I'M CALLIN THE POLICE
Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:48 pm I'M CALLIN THE POLICE
I'm actually the Chief of Police in Sims 4.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:49 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:48 pm I'M CALLIN THE POLICE
I'm actually the Chief of Police in Sims 4.
Sometimes Wilgette would make the Wilgy Sim most definitely a doctor.
Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I do not mind getting mordu.

I'm not bad, but this week is bad for me. So kill me if you must. Sul sul!
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 92

Post by Syn »

Lime Coke wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:20 pm Okay tried fully catching up but I saw Wilgy posting more paragraphs and I got bored and started posting.

Hello everyone.
it's wolf indicative
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Lime Coke wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:20 pm This might be the first time LC and I are town together and can form the LC connection finally.
yes

(i have tmi)

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:36 pm I'll take your read with some salt. The PoE is beeg enough for that. Sig is wolfier than Epi/Abigail/Daisy/Falc, but I think Epi/Abigail/Daisy are all fine PoE wise as well.
where'd this name come from

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:41 pm Falcon is weird, as Falcon is not W/W with Sig at this point and IF Sig is W, Falc is surely T.

Generally when reading I look for knockout Falcon T posts, and while a few are close, I don't think any are quite there yet.
there is no world where we are seriously making associative reads midway through d1 lol

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Wilgy's POE is two afk people and then the first person who entered the thread when he was catching up

ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Syn wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:06 am Wilgy's POE is two afk people and then the first person who entered the thread when he was catching up
Wowee it's almost like I said this earlier:
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:51 pm 12 player game
10 v 2

4 mischop game.

PoE of 5 that includes both wolves solves the game.

PoE [Abigail, Sig, Epi, Daisy, Falc]

Opinions?
Image Image Image
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Syn wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:06 am Wilgy's POE is two afk people and then the first person who entered the thread when he was catching up
Ya'know what...you're convincing me.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Syn wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:04 am
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:41 pm Falcon is weird, as Falcon is not W/W with Sig at this point and IF Sig is W, Falc is surely T.

there is no world where we are seriously making associative reads midway through d1 lol
Why not? Do you think Sig and I could be on a team? This almost feels discouraging of trying to hunt wolves.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Syns not even trying to read me lol
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Syn wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:03 am
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:36 pm I'll take your read with some salt. The PoE is beeg enough for that. Sig is wolfier than Epi/Abigail/Daisy/Falc, but I think Epi/Abigail/Daisy are all fine PoE wise as well.
Like, should've Daisy been exempt from PoE for reasons? Even afk, we'd need to deal eventually.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Syn wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:18 am
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:30 am
Long Con wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:28 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:19 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:16 pm So we're doing mountainous. What's the best way to approach day one of mountainous?

Lynch All Mafia

Same as every game dude
Sounds like a plan. Abby is due for a wolfin', you think?
Abi is always due for a wolfin' but in terms of recency, Abi was just wolf.
statistics fallacy, this is a wolf
Some gotcha silliness. I responded to this and Syn ignored.
Syn wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:08 am
Michelle wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:36 am ☆Princess Abigail☆ 3 Voters: falcon45ca, DrWilgy, Michelle

Now it looks better.
Mafia folklore says the first wagon of 3 voters always contain a wolf, including the voted player

Please discuss..
drwilgy
Alotta nothing.
Syn wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:23 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:05 pm
Michelle wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:36 am ☆Princess Abigail☆ 3 Voters: falcon45ca, DrWilgy, Michelle

Now it looks better.
Mafia folklore says the first wagon of 3 voters always contain a wolf, including the voted player

Please discuss..
drwilgy

He could be

Do you have strong gut feels? What makes you think the Doctor is Kevorkian?
bad vibes

add michelle to that tbh

wolf wonder twins
Alotta nothing.
Syn wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:01 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:20 pm Okay tried fully catching up but I saw Wilgy posting more paragraphs and I got bored and started posting.

Hello everyone.
it's wolf indicative
Alotta nothing.
Clearly didn't read my earlier posts.

and discouraging of me looking for wolves.

Syn's ISO and interactions with me are poot. Almost makes me inclined to go against my previous decision to pull from PoE in spite of knowing that's probably the incorrect thing to do at this juncture.
Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I see your point about Syn, but I disagree on the last two points.

"Clearly didn't read" isn't what I got from that. He could have read it all and come to those conclusions. If you are a wolf, you're just annoyed that he didn't get softened by your stated level of flexibility.

And the "discouraging" thing... as I understood it, he's calling the hunting fake, not discouraging hunting.

You have some good points, but it is tainted by those parts that try to inject a level of negativity where a reasonable look should see other, equally probable, reasons.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Long Con wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:35 am "Clearly didn't read" isn't what I got from that. He could have read it all and come to those conclusions. If you are a wolf, you're just annoyed that he didn't get softened by your stated level of flexibility.
I dont agree with that, had Syn read it all and come to those conclusions the commentary on Daisy in the PoE re "and then the first person who entered the thread when he was catching up" wouldn't have been made. It would've been apparent that Daisy had always been in my PoE.
Long Con wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:35 am "discouraging" thing... as I understood it, he's calling the hunting fake, not discouraging hunting.
Possible, but meh, still bad feel. I think it's more constructive to state WHY it's fake, not that it's fake. It being midway through D1 is not a good enough reason.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Long Con wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:35 am You have some good points, but it is tainted by those parts that try to inject a level of negativity where a reasonable look should see other, equally probable, reasons.
And does this argument not also apply to Syn stating that my assoc is false? Shouldn't Syn also have a reasonable ability to see where I am equally probable as civ to be making assocs?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:42 am
Long Con wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:35 am You have some good points, but it is tainted by those parts that try to inject a level of negativity where a reasonable look should see other, equally probable, reasons.
And does this argument not also apply to Syn stating that my assoc is false? Shouldn't Syn also have a reasonable ability to see where I am equally probable as civ to be making assocs?
Damned if you do, but damned if you don't Wilgy, but only you for some reason.
Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Yes, I see, first point is valid. I still think "discouraging Wolf hunting" is a little level 7.
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 114
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

Syn wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:43 pm
Michelle wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:04 pm
sig wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:51 pm My newest theory is that Michelle and Wilgy are mafia together.

It’s very odd how quickly Wilgy jumped on that read and then proceeded to vote for me.
And you think we are both so bad at the game that you figured things out so easy.

I honestly think he is town, as well as Brad and Long Con, and I liked Roxy as town lean as well.
These are people I am not going to vote toDay even if the reads are not solid yet.

Abigail didn't show any solving intent. My vote stays.
wolfy use of honestly, honestly

:phew:
I see, everything I am doing is wolfy.
I don't know if this is town tunnelling or a wolf posting in bad faith.
I reread P#153 and it seems you think I am a wolf because I didn't push you back. I don't have to push you back to try to make a read, and I want from you to answer my questions.
S~V~S wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:12 pm Also seeing "civvie" makes my heart happy :cloud9:
Yes, it's nice ^^
S~V~S wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:17 pm
Michelle wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:14 pm
sig wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:09 pm Falcon, Long con, SVS, and Roxy are all town leans for me.

Falcon is being more active than I’d expect D1 mafia to be.
Long con and SVS are gut reads mainly.
Roxy has her civvie idgaf get out of my way vibe
Interesting, you agree with my reads except Wilgy.
Adding Falcon, who's alignament isn't showed by activity.
And SVS, who is a pretty scary wolf and and I have no idea why your gut is telling you she is a town lean.

Otoh, when you commit to a non lean read, pls ping me with it
Thanks I think? :scared:
We were baddies together, I know what you can do, so I am waiting for something I can consider it comes only from a civvie mindset.
Long Con wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:28 pm I'll take that high five.

It's... not too lively in here. I keep coming back and just going over the last couple of pages. I'm getting nitpicky.
I am just reading once and reread in the quotes.
You said you town read Sig in his interactions with Falcon and Wilgy, can you check his accusations to me and our direct interaction and give me your opinion?

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:43 am
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:42 am
Damned if you do, but damned if you don't Wilgy, but only you for some reason.
Syn also proceeded from a negative prejudice.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Michelle wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:44 am
Syn wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:43 pm
Michelle wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:04 pm
sig wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:51 pm My newest theory is that Michelle and Wilgy are mafia together.

It’s very odd how quickly Wilgy jumped on that read and then proceeded to vote for me.
And you think we are both so bad at the game that you figured things out so easy.

I honestly think he is town, as well as Brad and Long Con, and I liked Roxy as town lean as well.
These are people I am not going to vote toDay even if the reads are not solid yet.

Abigail didn't show any solving intent. My vote stays.
wolfy use of honestly, honestly

:phew:
I see, everything I am doing is wolfy.
I reread P#153 and it seems you think I am a wolf because I didn't push you back. I don't have to push you back to try to make a read, and I want from you to answer my questions.
S~V~S wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:12 pm Also seeing "civvie" makes my heart happy :cloud9:
Yes, it's nice ^^
S~V~S wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:17 pm
Michelle wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:14 pm
sig wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:09 pm Falcon, Long con, SVS, and Roxy are all town leans for me.

Falcon is being more active than I’d expect D1 mafia to be.
Long con and SVS are gut reads mainly.
Roxy has her civvie idgaf get out of my way vibe
Interesting, you agree with my reads except Wilgy.
Adding Falcon, who's alignament isn't showed by activity.
And SVS, who is a pretty scary wolf and and I have no idea why your gut is telling you she is a town lean.

Otoh, when you commit to a non lean read, pls ping me with it
Thanks I think? :scared:
We were baddies together, I know what you can do, so I am waiting for something I can consider it comes only from a civvie mindset.
Long Con wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:28 pm I'll take that high five.

It's... not too lively in here. I keep coming back and just going over the last couple of pages. I'm getting nitpicky.
I am just reading once and reread in the quotes.
You said you town read Sig in his interactions with Falcon and Wilgy, can you check his accusations to me and our direct interaction and give me your opinion?
I can do that. Current recollection is that his suspicion of you is a little mysterious.
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

wilgy knows in a battle of wim he'll always out-class me, since I don't duel with wall-posts and structured paragraphs

but this is him wolfing

ImageImageImageImage
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:18 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:06 pm I don't feel like you addressed my issue with your posts.

Your true issue with sig isn't really a factor here. You called him a wolf for it, and complained about his Syn read. So.. it was quasi-counterfeit because Syn didn't give proper credit to his threadecessors, but it was true enough to reference as half the reason you changed your PoE?

First two paragraphs of your response are about how you are looking at sig, and why you called him a wolf. You could have said "sig is using AI to generate suspicions and I think he's a wolf for it" and I'd have the same questions about YOUR conduct.

Third paragraph is not easy to understand. "The quote of mine" - is that the second quote above, about D1 PoE? "Comes from my civ mind" reminds me of "my dessert stomach isn't full" or something. I'm not synced with the metaphor here. You indicated where which thought originated from? The thought of "Brad and sig like Syn, so remove him"? I don't see where that originated from, blah argh, honestly please just rewrite that last part if you don't mind, it's incomprehensible to me. I'm sorry.
You've lost me my friend.

"it was quasi-counterfeit because Syn didn't give proper credit to his threadecessors, but it was true enough to reference as half the reason you changed your PoE" - I'm not sure what this means. my PoE was changed because two players in the game voiced a town read on a player within PoE. As I discussed with Roxy, If either are wolf, it reads of tmi which indicates Syn is town and should be pulled from PoE. If either are town, it implies that reading Syn as town is genuine and I can be wrong and should be pulled from PoE. I do not give a huge amount of weight to the reads individually, but give them weight as they were done in unison at this stage of the game.

"sig is using AI to generate suspicions and I think he's a wolf for it" - AI?

The quote of mine is:
"Brad and Sig both vouching for Syn is reason enough to pull from D1 PoE."
to which you responded:
... you speak like your respect for these opinions is enough for you to change the Gameplan A PoE?

SO my understanding is you have an argument of hypocrisy for me to base a PoE shift of Syn based on other voices, but argue Sig shouldn't be doing the same? In the 3rd response that you don't get, I'm elaborating that it's not the basing of others, it's the presentation of organic thought, and I detail where my conclusion of thought comes from, and where Sig's didn't feel that way to me.

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:31 pm

If you think I'm putting out a fallacious argument in form of wolf push and you've identified it through what appears to be hypocrisy, by all means state it as such. Wolves can be caught this way lol.

Please see my more detailed elaboration:
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:46 pm
Roxy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:43 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:55 pm Brad and Sig both vouching for Syn is reason enough to pull from D1 PoE.
Really? You have no thoughts on your own? Feels funky to use someone else's read to pull someone from your own POE.

Also I am not making any sort of POE until we have a few more posts.
why is it funky? I've expressed Syn is wolfy (thoughts on my own), 2 players have expressed the opposite.

If either are wolf, it reads of tmi which indicates Syn is town.

If either are town, it implies that reading Syn as town is genuine and I can be wrong.
Again, my PoE shift had nothing to do with faith in a read, more so with pattern and possibility chances that I explained to Roxy after I realized it may not be as upfront as I thought it was.

Also, I suppose I can elaborate further on mindset here on this statement in red if that's the issue. WHEN I can be wrong at this stage in the game, it's more likely than not that I am wrong because of the limited data we have. I'd rather trust the likely civs around me if there's a dichotomy that enforces civ thinking, as there are more avenues of thinking than just 1 player, 1 wagon, 1 poe. The PoE I present this day phase, will very likely look nothing like the PoE going into d3, d4 etc. It's the difference between I think this player is town but wrong and I'll argue with them and I think this player is town, BUT I should play to the chance that I'm wrong.
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:36 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:25 pm

Aye, the ninja dip shows me that they were here though lol. Any acknowledgement of my arguments would've been better.

And like the response I did get:
sig wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:50 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:34 pm
sig wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:39 pm So far not much content.

Epi isn’t joking around D1 that’s a bit of a ping
Michelle is being active, but not in a towny way so that’s a slight ping.

Wilgy and Syn both get a town lean.
Damn, this is a wolf.

[VOTE: Sig] aubergine

3/4 of these opinions aren't Sig certified thoughts tm.

Michelle has plenty of post to point out how in fact they are not townie in spite of plenty saying contrary.

Sig giving me a tl lmao
Why not ask why you get a town read instead of voting?

Also in a thread of 12 people it makes sense to weight in on what’s already been said and discussed so your point is moot.
I responded to asking why should I ask why, and I think a towny response WOULD'VE been something along the lines of 'but I thought I did elaborate enough' because that's what I normally think when someone doesn't get my thoughts. That kinda just didn't happen.

I'll take your read with some salt. The PoE is beeg enough for that. Sig is wolfier than Epi/Abigail/Daisy/Falc, but I think Epi/Abigail/Daisy are all fine PoE wise as well.
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:42 pm If we play by the early wagon rule, and ignore the first one as that was kinda artificially established by Michelle, there being one in Sig/Epi/Me/Falc. I could see it in either Sig or Epi atm.
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:25 am
Syn wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:18 am
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:30 am
Long Con wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:28 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:19 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:16 pm So we're doing mountainous. What's the best way to approach day one of mountainous?

Lynch All Mafia

Same as every game dude
Sounds like a plan. Abby is due for a wolfin', you think?
Abi is always due for a wolfin' but in terms of recency, Abi was just wolf.
statistics fallacy, this is a wolf
Some gotcha silliness. I responded to this and Syn ignored.

Now it looks better.

Please discuss..
drwilgy
Alotta nothing.
Syn wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:23 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:05 pm

Now it looks better.

Please discuss..
drwilgy

He could be

Do you have strong gut feels? What makes you think the Doctor is Kevorkian?
bad vibes

add michelle to that tbh

wolf wonder twins
Alotta nothing.
Syn wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:01 am

Hello everyone.
it's wolf indicative
Alotta nothing.
Clearly didn't read my earlier posts.

and discouraging of me looking for wolves.

Syn's ISO and interactions with me are poot. Almost makes me inclined to go against my previous decision to pull from PoE in spite of knowing that's probably the incorrect thing to do at this juncture.
Long Con wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:35 am I see your point about Syn, but I disagree on the last two points.

"Clearly didn't read" isn't what I got from that. He could have read it all and come to those conclusions. If you are a wolf, you're just annoyed that he didn't get softened by your stated level of flexibility.

And the "discouraging" thing... as I understood it, he's calling the hunting fake, not discouraging hunting.

You have some good points, but it is tainted by those parts that try to inject a level of negativity where a reasonable look should see other, equally probable, reasons.
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:39 am
Long Con wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:35 am "Clearly didn't read" isn't what I got from that. He could have read it all and come to those conclusions. If you are a wolf, you're just annoyed that he didn't get softened by your stated level of flexibility.
I dont agree with that, had Syn read it all and come to those conclusions the commentary on Daisy in the PoE re "and then the first person who entered the thread when he was catching up" wouldn't have been made. It would've been apparent that Daisy had always been in my PoE.
Long Con wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:35 am "discouraging" thing... as I understood it, he's calling the hunting fake, not discouraging hunting.
Possible, but meh, still bad feel. I think it's more constructive to state WHY it's fake, not that it's fake. It being midway through D1 is not a good enough reason.
I need to read these posts so I quoted them to find them later when I am not at work.

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Syn wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:47 am wilgy knows in a battle of wim he'll always out-class me, since I don't duel with wall-posts and structured paragraphs

but this is him wolfing
wilgy knows that there's no way to read you as you are proceeding like this.
Image Image Image
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Michelle wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:44 am I see, everything I am doing is wolfy.
I'm not sig

and my post was a joke about the old mafia truism where wolves tend to use adverbs

ImageImageImageImage
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Syn wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:47 am wilgy knows in a battle of wim he'll always out-class me, since I don't duel with wall-posts and structured paragraphs

but this is him wolfing
What's the difference between Wilgy town and Wilgy wolf?

Return to “Previous Hustles”