Posts in topic: 114
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Re: Sims Mafia game thread

Post by Michelle »

VC
Spoiler: show
Day 1 elimination
Poll runs till Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:00 am
Please note that if you vote, your vote will be visible.

You may select 1 option

☆Princess Abigail☆
30%
Voters: falcon45ca, Epignosis, Michelle
DrWilgy
10%
Voters: Syn
Epignosis
10%
Voters: Long Con
falcon45ca
No votes
Voters: None
Lime Coke
No votes
Long Con
No votes
Michelle
No votes
Roxy
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
sig
10%
Voters: DrWilgy
Spacedaisy
No votes
Syn
No votes
No elimination
10%
Voters: Lime Coke
Host/spec
30%
Voters: Thunal33, JaggedJimmyJay, Scotty
Total votes: 10

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 65
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:48 pm
Roxy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:27 am
Epignosis wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:36 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:27 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:24 pm [VOTE: neon] aubergine

Someone tag Abi, and tell her she's been voted. Doesn't work on mobile for me
Don't the vote tags tag people? Maybe I just dreamed that.

@☆Princess Abigail☆
Sul sul!

I had a dream about you last night. :grin:
My boys were playing video games in our living room. So you and I plugged up an old SNES in my bedroom to play some old spacey shooter. Eloh came out of the bathroom and asked me why I wasn't more concerned with my blood pressure. :shrug:

It was totally you playing video games with me. :beer:
:huh: :omg: :biggrin: this is funny - fyi @everyone
Roxy, I see DS9 in your player avatar...
While I am in constant re-watch mode with EVERYTHING Star Trek (which btw is > Starwars) Deep Space Nine remains one of my most treasured. Been thinking about making a game but every time I host players self destruct them but still it is DS9!!!!!!!!!
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:20 pm Okay tried fully catching up but I saw Wilgy posting more paragraphs and I got bored and started posting.

Hello everyone.
:haha: :shifty:
;)
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 65
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

whew still not caught up (2 more pages) but I have a meeting

Wigly vs LongC - I believe that LongC believes Wigly is double standard-ing ire: using others reads to form your own, but honestly we all do this to some point so for me this entire convo was moot-ish.

I have more but my boss is glaring as he is speaking and I am not paying attention................. :rolleyes:
;)
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 28

Post by falcon45ca »

Roxy wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:22 am whew still not caught up (2 more pages) but I have a meeting

Wigly vs LongC - I believe that LongC believes Wigly is double standard-ing ire: using others reads to form your own, but honestly we all do this to some point so for me this entire convo was moot-ish.

I have more but my boss is glaring as he is speaking and I am not paying attention................. :rolleyes:

we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Long Con wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:21 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:02 pm @Long Con, so you think my treatment of Sig was hypocritical and that seems to be the argument for why my vote doesn't feel right?

You prefer Sig over Falcon as if one has to be T and one has to be W in the argument you presented above. What level 9 responses are you seeing from Sig?
Well, you said hypocritical, not me, that doesn't taste like the flavour I was saucin', but I guess it's in the vicinity. You gave a false reason for changing the PoE. You implied you put faith in sig's read on Syn, after you disparaged that very read and called it wolfy.

I don't think sig-falcon has to be T-W. I don't think I implied that beyond a possible hypothetical. Like, GTH, falcon dies over sig.

falcon was the level 9 one, sig was the level 1 one. sig said something practically innocuous, and falcon throttled him and said "why aren't you calling him WOLFYYYY?".

You mentioned you liked sig's responses to my sus.

What specifically jumped out at you?

Re: the bolded bit; that's my question to sig about myself, why doesn't sig find me wolfy for my "silly" push?

Do you think I'm town or maf?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 71

Post by DrWilgy »

Syn wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:15 am
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:02 am
Syn wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:54 am wilgy is a wolf because he's establishing an agenda/worldview that everyone else is now rotating around. he's set the terms and conditions for everyone else's casing, their arguments. he's set it up so that there's uncontested wolf-claims against people who are just outright afk, and then set up easy mischops for later days by picking holes in every little thing someone says with posts that pretend at reason, both of which will be looked at by others as Villager Effort and as a reason to wolf-read the people he nitpicked
'everyone else is now rotating around' - do I just have the ability to force what people think and inquire? I think I've been very fair in responding to feedback on my own personal suspicions as the give take of interaction is absolutely necessary to come to the correct conclusions.

uncontested wolf claims - Abigail, Epi and Daisy? Both Abigail and Epi have been around to argue with me and they've chosen not to. Assuming Daisy never showed up, would you just be fine leaving the slot out of PoE? Why?

set up easy mischops for later days by picking holes in every little thing someone says with posts that pretend at reason - how the hell can I do this? You assume that if I'm W, town is going to just follow my pretend reasons and that's my entire play?

It feels that your entire worldview is centered around 'Wolf Wilgy is trying to townlead and that's scary' without actually arguing the pretend reasons that you are scared of.
most of this I cannot respond to, since it attempts to uwu-ify yourself in direct contradiction to your active attempts to do exactly what you're rejecting the premise of

you can't force people, no. but people pay attention to effort and posts that are structured a certain way. and of course wolves will build an environment that will be beneficial for them days later. that's the entire goal! so they can win!

you say they "have been around" and chose not to engage with you, but did they engage with anyone else in a meaningful way? a few drive-by "eh whatevs" replies seems to be the sum total. daisy meanwhile wasn't around at all except tonight to say she's not around. i mean. what is the case here. what's the pro-town take here. what is there to suspect. do you just want to do housekeeping and purge people who aren't committed to posting as much, alignment be damned? because i can't see this poe being from the perspective of wanting to hunt wolves
Does this mean to soften/break down my own arguments? I'm not sure what you mean by the first statement.

Aye, but is it also not true that town desire to do this as well? Town want a healthy environment and gamestate that encourages hunting and forces the wolves into a posture where they can be caught. It's basically how town win as well.

Yes, house keeping to an extent. Further it's to drive discussion AROUND those players as options as I've indicated that they are in fact, options. This discussion does not need to necessarily come from them. I.E. I can draw conclusions from you opposing the PoE of 3 lesser posters and Sig/Falc, it helps me read you in that scenario as someone who had opposition to the thought. Lastly regarding the PoE having 3/5 low posters, there are arguments to be made on most players for how they can come across as both town and wolfy as it stands, but I'm finding alot more arguments for town intention from those who are posting (exception sig). That inherently results in trying to encourage dialogue on those posting more minimally.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Michelle wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:36 am
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:26 am
Michelle wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:24 am This is the game where I will not to do much because I don't have time (until weekend, at least) but also I don't have to, because I have a pretty solid town core.

SVS is also out of 'who I would chop toDay' list.
Wait who's all in that?
Based on my memory me, you, Long Con, Wilgy, Roxy, adding SVS for that post.
Idk if Sin is making that push as a wolf, I don’t like the read but also he seems confident he can read me, which is untrue but also what if his impression is true for him?
Also I think I like Syn, passed the vibe test.
Last 2 out of town core.
I am probably very generous with the reads, but also this feels like a light game so it's ok for D1 :biggrin:
That leaves your PoE in likeness to mine. What are the chances that this is real? :ponder:

Last time someone was mostly in sync with me it was W Scotty. Michelle has done enough for me to believe this worldview and I agree with it, so I'm unsure if I'm being fleeced.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Syn wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:43 am we should threaten to chop Epi every day unless he records a cover of a Simlish song for us
this is the way
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Catchup was short.

Suppose I can reread before EoD if no further developments occur.

Abigail being low energy can come from either alignment methinks. Abigail hasn't done anything to show they are town. Abigail's read on me could be TMI, but does wolf Abigail bank on that one TMI read? I don't know.

Conclusion: Abigail going over is fine I think? I wouldn't put Abigail first of the PoE to toss, but we do still need to collect data on the slot. I think solving in Sig/Epi would be better.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

WHEN looking at the polls, I find myself asking WHERE are the wolf votes, and mefinks out of the players who have voted, the jankiest vote is Epi.

Epi was at two with both the LC's votes when they moved from Sig to Abigail.

Sig was at 3 alongside me and Epi.

Epi moving put themself, Sig and Abigail all at 2.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

It is possible that Falcon moved from Sig onto Abigail to pull Epi out of the lead, so there's that assoc. Falc/Epi W/W could be real.

I'd not think Falcon moved from Sig to Abigail to save sig.

It's also entirely possible that AFK W Epi, while not being able to invest as much time into this game, moved so that they were on a higher chance wagon as afew players such as LC/SVS had voiced that they see town in Sig. Epi not able to commit time to the game would naturally want to move to the wagon that increases their survival chance as their wagon at the time of their move was 1 behind Sig and would've been seen as riskier than Abigail.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Actually, yes it is weird that Epi would voice that they are cool with being clipped for being unable to play, WHILE at the same time moving vote to the wagon that's more likely to take off.
Image Image Image
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

@Epignosis

[VOTE: epi] aubergine
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Eerily quiet
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 92

Post by Syn »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:11 pm
Syn wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:15 am
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:02 am
Syn wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:54 am wilgy is a wolf because he's establishing an agenda/worldview that everyone else is now rotating around. he's set the terms and conditions for everyone else's casing, their arguments. he's set it up so that there's uncontested wolf-claims against people who are just outright afk, and then set up easy mischops for later days by picking holes in every little thing someone says with posts that pretend at reason, both of which will be looked at by others as Villager Effort and as a reason to wolf-read the people he nitpicked
'everyone else is now rotating around' - do I just have the ability to force what people think and inquire? I think I've been very fair in responding to feedback on my own personal suspicions as the give take of interaction is absolutely necessary to come to the correct conclusions.

uncontested wolf claims - Abigail, Epi and Daisy? Both Abigail and Epi have been around to argue with me and they've chosen not to. Assuming Daisy never showed up, would you just be fine leaving the slot out of PoE? Why?

set up easy mischops for later days by picking holes in every little thing someone says with posts that pretend at reason - how the hell can I do this? You assume that if I'm W, town is going to just follow my pretend reasons and that's my entire play?

It feels that your entire worldview is centered around 'Wolf Wilgy is trying to townlead and that's scary' without actually arguing the pretend reasons that you are scared of.
most of this I cannot respond to, since it attempts to uwu-ify yourself in direct contradiction to your active attempts to do exactly what you're rejecting the premise of

you can't force people, no. but people pay attention to effort and posts that are structured a certain way. and of course wolves will build an environment that will be beneficial for them days later. that's the entire goal! so they can win!

you say they "have been around" and chose not to engage with you, but did they engage with anyone else in a meaningful way? a few drive-by "eh whatevs" replies seems to be the sum total. daisy meanwhile wasn't around at all except tonight to say she's not around. i mean. what is the case here. what's the pro-town take here. what is there to suspect. do you just want to do housekeeping and purge people who aren't committed to posting as much, alignment be damned? because i can't see this poe being from the perspective of wanting to hunt wolves
Does this mean to soften/break down my own arguments? I'm not sure what you mean by the first statement.
sorry, I meant that you're trying to make yourself sound like you are but a mere humble poster clocking in at the post factory, not shaping the course of the post economy :llama:
Aye, but is it also not true that town desire to do this as well? Town want a healthy environment and gamestate that encourages hunting and forces the wolves into a posture where they can be caught. It's basically how town win as well.
sort of, though I'm not sure villagers start out doing this unless they're called askthepizzaguy, it usually ends up being a role they're assigned through play
Yes, house keeping to an extent. Further it's to drive discussion AROUND those players as options as I've indicated that they are in fact, options. This discussion does not need to necessarily come from them. I.E. I can draw conclusions from you opposing the PoE of 3 lesser posters and Sig/Falc, it helps me read you in that scenario as someone who had opposition to the thought. Lastly regarding the PoE having 3/5 low posters, there are arguments to be made on most players for how they can come across as both town and wolfy as it stands, but I'm finding alot more arguments for town intention from those who are posting (exception sig). That inherently results in trying to encourage dialogue on those posting more minimally.
most of those interactions though are people going "hmm yes, a great PoE this is." (they're yoda) how do you weed out the authentic villagers and the possible wolves just going with the easy flow? we wipe out the low-posters who have no spew or interactions and we probably still have the same number of wolves left and no mischops left, what's next?

and tbh I'm not sure how effective pressure is on low-posters. if they're not checking in, what can they do, really? they don't know it's happening and it's not like the pressure gives them more time
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Eod is in 6 hours and Abigail didn't show up to talk to us.

I think I am ok with keeping my vote on her.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 87

Post by S~V~S »

Syn wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:03 am
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:36 pm I'll take your read with some salt. The PoE is beeg enough for that. Sig is wolfier than Epi/Abigail/Daisy/Falc, but I think Epi/Abigail/Daisy are all fine PoE wise as well.
where'd this name come from
Syn, are you worried about low posters in general, or Daisy specifically?

Cause in this post, you single Daisy out in this POE list, but not Abbi, the other lowest poster.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:53 pm
Syn wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:03 am
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:36 pm I'll take your read with some salt. The PoE is beeg enough for that. Sig is wolfier than Epi/Abigail/Daisy/Falc, but I think Epi/Abigail/Daisy are all fine PoE wise as well.
where'd this name come from
Syn, are you worried about low posters in general, or Daisy specifically?

Cause in this post, you single Daisy out in this POE list, but not Abbi, the other lowest poster.
this is answered if you keep reading

but I was catching up, saw daisy post for the first time, and then saw wilgy's POE post with daisy in it and went hmm. he clarified that daisy was on his POE earlier than that (when she had zero posts), which for me is even worse lol

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Michelle wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:39 pm Eod is in 6 hours and Abigail didn't show up to talk to us.

i do not understand how you can insist on careful reasoning from everyone you've responded to or has sussed you and then post something like this

you're right, she didn't show up!

so why try to get her killed? has she established a reputation of simply not playing when she's wolfing? is this a reputation you and wilgy will both confirm? idgi. i thought we were past just killing low-posters on d1 years ago

ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Ok because I’m trying to keep up with this convo on phone at work and see “Daisy” come up a lot but not Abbi who has I think one more post than Abbi.

So it seemed as if you were concerned about Daisy specifically more than low posters in general.

I’ll have to try again when I get home, nuance can be hard on phone st work lol
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Syn wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:07 pm
Michelle wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:39 pm Eod is in 6 hours and Abigail didn't show up to talk to us.

i do not understand how you can insist on careful reasoning from everyone you've responded to or has sussed you and then post something like this

so why try to get her killed? has she established a reputation of simply not playing when she's wolfing? is this a reputation you and wilgy will both confirm? idgi. i thought we were past just killing low-posters on d1 years ago
No, that's not it.
If you have a reason to TR her I am all ears.

The thing is, fmpov Sig has the worst posts in his push on me, but I want to see if that comes from a wrong town or mafia.
He, at least, is playing the game.

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Also there's just a small chance that I will wake up for Eod because I am extremely tired and maybe the chop will not be on Abi, so why are you stressed for the wagon one her?

Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Michelle wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:13 pm

No, that's not it.
If you have a reason to TR her I am all ears.

The thing is, fmpov Sig has the worst posts in his push on me, but I want to see if that comes from a wrong town or mafia.
He, at least, is playing the game.
I don't have a reason to consider the low-posters anything but null. And overall I don't see the (town) gain of chopping an AFK slot D1 that hasn't actually done anything to warrant it

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Michelle wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:17 pm Also there's just a small chance that I will wake up for Eod because I am extremely tired and maybe the chop will not be on Abi, so why are you stressed for the wagon one her?
she's my teammate

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Syn wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:20 pm
Michelle wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:17 pm Also there's just a small chance that I will wake up for Eod because I am extremely tired and maybe the chop will not be on Abi, so why are you stressed for the wagon one her?
she's my teammate
but also several other people have voiced approval for chopping in the AFK slots and have been patting themselves on the back for having such a POE. I'd be displeased with serious wagons on any of epi, daisy, abigail, because there's no reason for it yet people are pretending it's good gameplay

ImageImageImageImage
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

she's my teammate
:eek:
What exactly do you want to communicate?

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Syn wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:21 pm
she's my teammate
but also several other people have voiced approval for chopping in the AFK slots and have been patting themselves on the back for having such a POE. I'd be displeased with serious wagons on any of epi, daisy, abigail, because there's no reason for it yet people are pretending it's good gameplay
Who would be your choice?

Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Michelle wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:23 pm
she's my teammate
you or drwilgy :)

ImageImageImageImage
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Normally I don't have an urge to kill a low poster but I town read and lean everyone who posted more

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Syn wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:24 pm
she's my teammate
I flipped town, what info you have after that?

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

I think i get Sig's push more than yours.
I see you think everyone is town except me and Wilgy, and I think Wilgy is town.

Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Michelle wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:26 pm
she's my teammate
no idea, that's a problem for future syn

ImageImageImageImage
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Syn wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:34 pm
Michelle wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:26 pm
she's my teammate
no idea, that's a problem for future syn
No, it's not for future you, it's for now and you know it.

Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

how is it a problem for me now? how on earth could I possibly know what happens after you flip, and all the reactions of everyone else?

what info do you have after abigail flips green?

ImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 21

Post by sig »

I 100% agree with Syn I’m flabbergasted that Abbi not being here = mafia when that isn’t her meta and the reasons for voting for her started as a joke.

I’m also not a fan of pursuing low posting players just for them not being around on D1
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:09 pm Ok because I’m trying to keep up with this convo on phone at work and see “Daisy” come up a lot but not Abbi who has I think one more post than Abbi.

So it seemed as if you were concerned about Daisy specifically more than low posters in general.

I’ll have to try again when I get home, nuance can be hard on phone st work lol

OK, I looked back and found you actually mentioned Abbi more than Daisy. In fact, Michelles sus of Abbi seems to be the beginning of your sus for Michelle, and Wilgy, for that matter.
Syn wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:08 am
Michelle wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:36 am ☆Princess Abigail☆ 3 Voters: falcon45ca, DrWilgy, Michelle

Now it looks better.
Mafia folklore says the first wagon of 3 voters always contain a wolf, including the voted player

Please discuss..
drwilgy
Syn wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:23 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:05 pm
Syn wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:08 am
Michelle wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:36 am ☆Princess Abigail☆ 3 Voters: falcon45ca, DrWilgy, Michelle

Now it looks better.
Mafia folklore says the first wagon of 3 voters always contain a wolf, including the voted player

Please discuss..
drwilgy

He could be

Do you have strong gut feels? What makes you think the Doctor is Kevorkian?
bad vibes

add michelle to that tbh

wolf wonder twins

Then I'm not sure how to address this, becasue I have mixed feels on it.

Abigail is usually a hyperposter, good or bad. Low posting is not in her normal wheelhouse, and I am inclined to take her at face value when she says she's burnt out. BUT BUT BUT>

In her last game here, she was wolf. She was very low volume for her. Her partner was Wilgy. So I could 100% see baddie burnout were she to rand bad again; I also see someone not very interested in being here.

Would you find Wilgy or Michelle (my town core, lol) bad if they did not consider low posters part of the POE? Becasue when I first waded into this (and I kinda wish I hadn't tbh) I thought you were defending Daisy, but Abbi came first.

I have been very much reading you as frustrated town. I don't have much history with you, so I searched your posts for "low posters" to see if this is a thing you care about. I mean, I dislike it in certain situations, like day 3 or 4, it definitely annoys me. And I didn't find anything to say you cared about this this passionately before this game.

Which isn't to say you don't care about it passionately now.

So I'm going with frustrated town. I reread your posts in other games and found that this type of gut read is normal for you.

Linki @sig from the posts she made do you think she wants to be here?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

sig wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:00 pm
Syn wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:52 pm
sig wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:51 pm My newest theory is that Michelle and Wilgy are mafia together.

It’s very odd how quickly Wilgy jumped on that read and then proceeded to vote for me.
hmm
I feel like this is a good hmm so I’ll take it and raise you 1 :srsnod:
Why? I just skimmed you and saw no real reasoning why.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

sig wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:48 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:55 pm
sig wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:39 pm So far not much content.

Epi isn’t joking around D1 that’s a bit of a ping
Michelle is being active, but not in a towny way so that’s a slight ping.

Wilgy and Syn both get a town lean.

How would you describe/define Michelle's activity as not being towny?

It's one thing to say, but what does it actually mean

thats a lot of work for day 1.

She seems to be looking for reasons to vote people rather than trying to solve the game.

There’s also some tone reasons as well. I’m usually pretty good at reading her and here she just doesn’t seem very Civvie
In my experience, bad Michelle dithers alot and doesn't take very strong stances on things. She does busy work, and tries to be a thread presence without being a thread leader.

Not what I'm seeing here, really. And tbh that one sentence wasn't alot of work, even on day one.

Your turn.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I have to go make dinner, I'll be back shortly to vote and finsih reading back.

And tbh, I would consider a vote for Abbi if she doesn't come back and try a little. Not so much becasue I think she's bad (I have no clue), or that she owes us anything, like trying, but becasue I don't think she wants to be here.

So if she comes back and acts like she wants to be here, I'll vote elsewhere. But if I do vote for her, I'll prolly stay up late to see if she shows up.

I know this isn't the towniest thing to say, but :shrug:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Or I might vote for sig.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:08 pm Or I might vote for sig.
[VOTE: sig] aubergine
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 145
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

@falcon45ca I would call you a town lean atm.

Just got off work and fed my kids. Quick catchup. Tonight's the night I go to my buddy's place, so I will not be around for EoD.

I feel like there's a push for afk/low posters, especially Abi, but I'm not feeling that. That feels like the same old thing where we probably hit a Town. Wilgy is the one that has pinged me the most, and that's where my vote is going. [VOTE: wilgy] aubergine I may check in, but don't count on it. Probably just peek in at 10 to see what we ended up on.
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:54 pm
Would you find Wilgy or Michelle (my town core, lol) bad if they did not consider low posters part of the POE? Becasue when I first waded into this (and I kinda wish I hadn't tbh) I thought you were defending Daisy, but Abbi came first.
if a square were a circle, I would not think it was a square, no

but also, to reiterate, my issue is that they're both expecting structured arguments from everyone they're replying to while simultaneously pushing a POE that relies on laziness and no thought, as well as offering no gain if they get their wish of simply killing AFK players. they can't take everything seriously, picking apart posts and expecting cases and citations, and then hide behind a POE/game plan that relies on burning multiple mischops on people with no interactions or contributions.

in my world, d1 is for info chopping or because someone has bad vibes. neither of these apply to the low-posters. they're just not present yet, and there's no reason to expect that this will forever be the case.

ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

falcon45ca wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:31 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:21 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:02 pm @Long Con, so you think my treatment of Sig was hypocritical and that seems to be the argument for why my vote doesn't feel right?

You prefer Sig over Falcon as if one has to be T and one has to be W in the argument you presented above. What level 9 responses are you seeing from Sig?
Well, you said hypocritical, not me, that doesn't taste like the flavour I was saucin', but I guess it's in the vicinity. You gave a false reason for changing the PoE. You implied you put faith in sig's read on Syn, after you disparaged that very read and called it wolfy.

I don't think sig-falcon has to be T-W. I don't think I implied that beyond a possible hypothetical. Like, GTH, falcon dies over sig.

falcon was the level 9 one, sig was the level 1 one. sig said something practically innocuous, and falcon throttled him and said "why aren't you calling him WOLFYYYY?".

You mentioned you liked sig's responses to my sus.

What specifically jumped out at you?

Re: the bolded bit; that's my question to sig about myself, why doesn't sig find me wolfy for my "silly" push?

Do you think I'm town or maf?
I'm not going back right now to distill the nuance of it for you. I felt like sig's responses were reasonable and very much like my own would be... that's what I've got for you from memory. Also that your sus of him was more extreme than I thought warranted. I don't think he needed to lock in a read on Epi, for instance, before joking about winning for him. I don't think he needed to read your alignment in public based on his rebuttal to you. Sometimes I think things I don't post, or will post about later, pending development. I thought sig was more in that zone, than the zone you were placing on him.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Syn wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:44 pm
S~V~S wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:54 pm
if a square were a circle, I would not think it was a square, no

but also, to reiterate, my issue is that they're both expecting structured arguments from everyone they're replying to while simultaneously pushing a POE that relies on laziness and no thought, as well as offering no gain if they get their wish of simply killing AFK players. they can't take everything seriously, picking apart posts and expecting cases and citations, and then hide behind a POE/game plan that relies on burning multiple mischops on people with no interactions or contributions.

in my world, d1 is for info chopping or because someone has bad vibes. neither of these apply to the low-posters. they're just not present yet, and there's no reason to expect that this will forever be the case.
Agreed, I'd rather start chopping low posters on Day 3-ish, generally. I would not be surprised if Abi busted in here before then with activity and reads.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:29 pm WHEN looking at the polls, I find myself asking WHERE are the wolf votes, and mefinks out of the players who have voted, the jankiest vote is Epi.

Epi was at two with both the LC's votes when they moved from Sig to Abigail.

Sig was at 3 alongside me and Epi.

Epi moving put themself, Sig and Abigail all at 2.
I highly doubt Epi ever took my vote on him seriously. Which it wasn't.
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:07 pm I have to go make dinner, I'll be back shortly to vote and finsih reading back.

And tbh, I would consider a vote for Abbi if she doesn't come back and try a little. Not so much becasue I think she's bad (I have no clue), or that she owes us anything, like trying, but becasue I don't think she wants to be here.

So if she comes back and acts like she wants to be here, I'll vote elsewhere. But if I do vote for her, I'll prolly stay up late to see if she shows up.

if this is true, I'm not sure we're doing a good job of incentivizing her to want to be here. assuming you are right, and she comes into this thread and catches up, do you think she has a reason to stay?

ImageImageImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 122
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

[VOTE: Princess Agibail] aubergine
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Syn wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:48 pm
S~V~S wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:07 pm I have to go make dinner, I'll be back shortly to vote and finsih reading back.

if this is true, I'm not sure we're doing a good job of incentivizing her to want to be here. assuming you are right, and she comes into this thread and catches up, do you think she has a reason to stay?
I don’t think Abbi finds her motivation in what people say about her in game threads. I think if she’s not into it, it has nothing to do with us.

But I’d rather vote for actual suspicions, and give Abbi another day to saunter in here and shake juice boxes at us.

So having read back over sig, I was struck by his remark that Michelle was looking for a place to vote rather than solving.

This better applies to him imo.

So imma vote sig. I’ll pop back before I go to bed.

[VOTE: sig] aubergine
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Long Con wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:38 pm @falcon45ca I would call you a town lean atm.

Just got off work and fed my kids. Quick catchup. Tonight's the night I go to my buddy's place, so I will not be around for EoD.

I feel like there's a push for afk/low posters, especially Abi, but I'm not feeling that. That feels like the same old thing where we probably hit a Town. Wilgy is the one that has pinged me the most, and that's where my vote is going. [VOTE: wilgy] aubergine I may check in, but don't count on it. Probably just peek in at 10 to see what we ended up on.

Sig is a low poster? I wouldn't say so, and that's who Wilgy has been voting.

Abby is the low posting wagon, how would you say Wilgy has been pushing that slot?

What's your read on Michelle?

Return to “Previous Hustles”