Post by Epignosis »

Lime Coke wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:35 am
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:04 am
Lime Coke wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:21 pm Town:
Michelle
LCx2
Falcon
Syn
Add SVS here maybe? Kinda liked the recent posts.
Right, so I just realized this plus me makes it 6.

If these 5 specifically are town then this game is basically a W for town.

It's like I'm a genius or something.
You should try the lottery with your genius.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 34

Re: Sims Mafia game thread

Post by Epignosis »

Syn wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:59 am
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:49 am
Syn wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:43 am we should threaten to chop Epi every day unless he records a cover of a Simlish song for us
Savior by Rise Against would be my request.
i need to see epi upload bangers like this

:haha:

Don't have the bandwidth for that unfortunately. Arogaba.
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 92

Post by Syn »

Spacedaisy wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:44 amWhy Roxy?
I want to see something happen besides sleepwalking into a sig/daisy chop

also the post where she tags everyone felt very online class discussion board for me
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

maybe I have to dance a little jig

ImageImageImageImage
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 114
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

@Long Con despite your read on me who has a paranoia like accent, I think your nitpicky posts this game come from town you.
I understand you made associations very early in the game, reading Wilgy mafia after his interaction with Sig.

Can you tell me what was towny about Sig D1?

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Also I am busy and enjoying RL :cloud9:

See you late before I go to sleep

☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 54
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Long Con wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:47 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:27 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:18 pm
Syn wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:27 am
Long Con wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:16 am
Syn wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:54 am
Michelle wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:48 am

What's the difference between Wilgy town and Wilgy wolf?
I know this is the current modus operandi of mafia on MU and TS, where everything boils down to claims that we know the differences between someone being town and wolf because people are reliably consistent and they only ever do x as town and y as wolf, but I should inform you and probably everyone else that I'm not going to engage in an argument about meta, because it's not reliable, it's rarely true, and people hide in it all the time

wilgy is a wolf because he's establishing an agenda/worldview that everyone else is now rotating around. he's set the terms and conditions for everyone else's casing, their arguments. he's set it up so that there's uncontested wolf-claims against people who are just outright afk, and then set up easy mischops for later days by picking holes in every little thing someone says with posts that pretend at reason, both of which will be looked at by others as Villager Effort and as a reason to wolf-read the people he nitpicked
Now that you know it's Wilgy town, and you can reverse the polarity on this negative read, what do you think of Wilgy's 'worldview/agenda'?
it's still not great tbh. him being town and also pushing that world/approach confuses me, unless he had some kind of plan to switcheroo in the following days

of course, him picking holes in every little thing someone says, as a villager, would be useful now/later
Ok. I get this view on Wilgy's posts, and I didn't disagree. It wasn't the reason I voted for him, but more like "if he's bad, this is not a trap we want to fall into". I voted for him because of his weird self-contradiction about sig, and I still don't understand how he came up with that stuff honestly. Point is, there was more than one valid reason to suspect him.

That's why an exchange like the following one, where they're discussing Wilgy's yeet, is a huge stretch:
S~V~S wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:25 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:36 am
Michelle wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:58 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:05 am That's egregious
I know, right?
Even I knew Wilgy was town and I read like 3 pages
He was the person most actively solving.

Not liking someone’s philosophy of how mafia should be played doesn’t make them bad .

If Daisy had time to read enough to change from her null-ish stance on Wilgy to voting him out, then she had time to post her vote at the very least.

I could also vote for sig again tbh.
Let's put aside the level of gall it takes to not play, not even vote, and then come in and berate us for voting a guy with more than one strike against him. Here's the thing: hindsight is 20/20. Yup, Wilgy was obviously town... as of the point his role was revealed. Let's not act like we haven't seen Wolf Wilgy absolutely snow everyone into believing he's obvious town, including all three of you.

We've got Michelle, S~V~S, and Abi all wringing their hands and lamenting how this could have happened, and I'll be shocked if there is not a Wolf in that group.

Michelle is sticking to a loose WIFOM against Syn and sig based on their suspicion of her and Wilgy, and she once again poured on the extra "but Wilgy was so obvious town" to try and bolster the suspicion, which I don't like. So, continuing her Day 1 stance. @Michelle voted for Abi and came close to getting her eliminated yesterday, but today it's friendly talk and softball questions. What is your real stance on her? You are not treating her like someone you suspect today. Actually, what's your opinion on Roxy, you said you won't let her down, does that mean that you think she's Town?

Abi is just...
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:17 am Bad news I'm never gonna be found. Really should've solved me D1
Abi, I enjoy playing with you when you're here, but it's time to make some hard choices, and I think it goes like this: a) get WIM, get playing, b) get replaced, c) get yeeted. There's no shame in choosing option b) if that's what it takes, but your personal forecast there is frustrating.

S~V~S is my top choice of the three as wolf. She voted off the Wilgy wagon:

sig 3 Voters: falcon45ca, S~V~S, DrWilgy

... along with two confirmed Town. She came in here today ready to berate Wilgy voters, and dive right on to the Lowest Hanging Fruit, Spacedaisy, for her stealth Wilgy vote. Lime Coke made the exact same vote, and you haven't even questioned him about it, even though when Daisy did it, it's damning. :shrug2: I get that voting without posting is not ever a good look, but is that good evidence of a wolf? You acknowledged that it's not the greatest move for a Wolf to make, but then decided you still believe it.

And... I just plain don't believe this: "I reread Wilgy to see if there was anything that could have changed her mind from "meh" to voting him, and I couldn't find it." :evileye: So, you're saying you attempted reread Wilgy's progression through Day 1 from Daisy's perspective somehow to find the point where she most likely decided she suspects him?

Yeah right. There's no way you did that, you're posting fake busywork to look towny. Why would you even bother doing that, we have two days and the answer you're looking for will almost certainly come to light unless Daisy has simply abandoned the game.

[VOTE: S~V~S] aubergine
I won't replace out and suggesting I should is lame
Then choose the unlame option, option a).
Nah I'll do whatever my brain allows me to do sort
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 54
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Sorry*
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 145
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Michelle wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:25 am @Long Con despite your read on me who has a paranoia like accent, I think your nitpicky posts this game come from town you.
I understand you made associations very early in the game, reading Wilgy mafia after his interaction with Sig.

Can you tell me what was towny about Sig D1?
Ok. Second sig post in the game:
sig wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:35 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:03 am sig is bradna. Let's just vote him out already and get it over with.
Do it, then win the game for me so I can be in GoC
If sig is a Wolf, he's intentionally setting up a mindset trick to respond to a joke post. If he's Town, it's just a real reaction. I think it feels real, I don't think sig would be revving up the wolfstrat this early.

I liked his reactions to both falcon and Wilgy's confrontations, but typing that sentence and seeing two dead men's names gives me pause.

He gave a town lean on Wilgy, but then flipped it when Wilgy came at him and voted him, and I think that's towny in the lack of agenda. But it's weaker than before, because I realized that I confused myself with these posts earlier:
sig wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:00 pm
Syn wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:52 pm
sig wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:51 pm My newest theory is that Michelle and Wilgy are mafia together.

It’s very odd how quickly Wilgy jumped on that read and then proceeded to vote for me.
hmm
I feel like this is a good hmm so I’ll take it and raise you 1 :srsnod:
sig wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:01 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:59 pm
sig wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:51 pm My newest theory is that Michelle and Wilgy are mafia together.

It’s very odd how quickly Wilgy jumped on that read and then proceeded to vote for me.
hmm
This isn’t a good hmm so I’ll give you 2 :ponder: :ponder:
Earlier I thought that sig had given the :srsnod: to Wilgy, and so it appeared that he had town leaned him, then called him Wolf with you (Michelle), and then assumed the best (as in maybe Town Wilgy was coming around to Town sig) and given the :srsnod: . But that was to Syn, and Wilgy got the :ponder: :ponder: so that's more neutral to me.

I thought these were good thoughts, and, on reread, I don't mind this analysis of your play:
sig wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:53 pmMichelle vote for Abi is 100% trying to find a place to vote, her reaction to my light pressuring is scummy, and the insistence that we should go after low posters while saying she isn’t going to try hard D2 and just sheep the town core is just flat out bad.

If everyone else thinks she’s good I won’t push it, it just means she’s got a bad approach but what I’m seeing is mafia trying to be part of the town core.
Him not showing up today is not the greatest, though. I'd prefer to have a Day 2 full of new sig posts to look at.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Oh my god, did you guys see?

Long Con is voting S~V~S? What's that about??

Syn cast a vote for Roxy, and MAN I bet you have opinions on what HER reaction will be!!

And what the whatta wha the Ab Abi voted for SYN? THE SCANDAL!

It's like a soap opera out here!

WHAT'S

COMING

NEXT?!?!?

Hopefully some posting. Is everyone waiting for someone else to say something?

I gave my rainbow list, where's everyone else's list? Michelle and S~V~S both HAD to see my list, well... why? No reaction, you guys just like the way I sling my colours?
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Yeah, highly appreciating the colours show above.

I said I wll enjoy my day irl, which I did.

Also I said your view over my play seems paranoid, isn't it?

It's nice to ignore people's posts like that?

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Michelle wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:18 pm Yeah, highly appreciating the colours show above.

I said I wll enjoy my day irl, which I did.

Also I said your view over my play seems paranoid, isn't it?

It's nice to ignore people's posts like that?
This is a game of paranoia, is it not?

You imply that I'm a not-nice post-ignorer even though I have given you more than one full response, and fulfilled such requests as a Full Player List of opinions and a delve back to look at why I thought sig was Towny on Day 1?

I don't think I deserve that.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I still can't believe you said that.

Two posts after I craft a multi-quote response at your request, and because I didn't carve out a slice to respond to your first sentence SPECIFICALLY, I get called not nice?

You needed me to specifically respond to this?? "@Long Con despite your read on me who has a paranoia like accent, I think your nitpicky posts this game come from town you."
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Give me time to explain you why Sig's case on me is wolfy and why I consider you could notice it. I think I picked up 30 quotes

Also you said I didn't answer to your reads when I said I don't have time to post, that's why I said you didn't read.
Sorry if it comes across as harsh, because it wasn't my intention.

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Long Con wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:37 pm I still can't believe you said that.

Two posts after I craft a multi-quote response at your request, and because I didn't carve out a slice to respond to your first sentence SPECIFICALLY, I get called not nice?

You needed me to specifically respond to this?? "@Long Con despite your read on me who has a paranoia like accent, I think your nitpicky posts this game come from town you."
I need you to look deeper than paranoia.

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Michelle wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:01 pm
Long Con wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:37 pm I still can't believe you said that.

I need you to look deeper than paranoia.
Tell you what. I'm not likely to vote for you today. We can let things develop.

You seem to be taking my reasons for finding you suspicious, and putting them all into an easily-disregarded box labelled 'Paranoia'. I'm not sure I'm ready to accept that, is that something anyone can ask for, it's that easy? :shrug: Ok, what will I see when I look deeper? All previous suspicions set aside. Gimme the fresh take, highlight reel.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Michelle wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:59 pm Give me time to explain you why Sig's case on me is wolfy and why I consider you could notice it. I think I picked up 30 quotes
Seems like possible overkill, since sig only has 21 posts, but my curiosity is piqued.
Also you said I didn't answer to your reads when I said I don't have time to post, that's why I said you didn't read.
Sorry if it comes across as harsh, because it wasn't my intention.
Long Con is nitpicky at times. I admit it. But THIS is pretty nitpicky. I was just shouting things, not calling you out. :beer: I did not take into account anything about your stated schedule even ONCE during that post. My bad.
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 122
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

#LOLRUNPLAY
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

this game state feels aimless enough that the wolves really might be in the AFK slots lol

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

[VOTE: Spacedaisy] aubergine

ImageImageImageImage
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Firstly, I want to spoiler things because it's hard to read anyway
sig wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:53 pm
S~V~S wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:15 pm
Syn wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:48 pm
S~V~S wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:07 pm I have to go make dinner, I'll be back shortly to vote and finsih reading back.

And tbh, I would consider a vote for Abbi if she doesn't come back and try a little. Not so much becasue I think she's bad (I have no clue), or that she owes us anything, like trying, but becasue I don't think she wants to be here.

So if she comes back and acts like she wants to be here, I'll vote elsewhere. But if I do vote for her, I'll prolly stay up late to see if she shows up.

I know this isn't the towniest thing to say, but :shrug:
if this is true, I'm not sure we're doing a good job of incentivizing her to want to be here. assuming you are right, and she comes into this thread and catches up, do you think she has a reason to stay?
I don’t think Abbi finds her motivation in what people say about her in game threads. I think if she’s not into it, it has nothing to do with us.

But I’d rather vote for actual suspicions, and give Abbi another day to saunter in here and shake juice boxes at us.

So having read back over sig, I was struck by his remark that Michelle was looking for a place to vote rather than solving.

This better applies to him imo.

So imma vote sig. I’ll pop back before I go to bed.

[VOTE: sig] aubergine
Michelle vote for Abi is 100% trying to find a place to vote, her reaction to my light pressuring is scummy, and the insistence that we should go after low posters while saying she isn’t going to try hard D2 and just sheep the town core is just flat out bad.

If everyone else thinks she’s good I won’t push it, it just means she’s got a bad approach but what I’m seeing is mafia trying to be part of the town core.
This is the post he made after his vote on Wilgy.
I don't remember ever saying I will not try hard D2.
The pinkish part is wishy washy and non commital.
The blue part is a lie, because my reaction to his push was never scummy and he didn't want to talk to me about anything.
sig wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:51 pm Imma vote [VOTE: Wilgy] aubergine

Both my wagon and the Abi wagons are dumb and based off very little. Which means to me they’re bad D1 wagons and mafia are probably on one or both
I understand (like I said) his self press vote. But he choose a solvy player who pushed him instead voting Abi who is still not posting anything useful.
Also this kind of makes me think Abi is town if I am right and Sig is a wolf

Now let's see how things happened ISOing me:
Michelle wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:09 am I can't vote Sig, he didn't show any ill intent
I said I had a weak, idiotic reason, to not vote Sig D1
My stance shows I was null on him, and I didn't want to sheep Epi who said Sig was bad (in spoiler) after just few debatable posts from Sig
Epignosis wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:04 am [VOTE: sig] aubergine
Epignosis wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:03 am sig is bradna. Let's just vote him out already and get it over with.
Michelle wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:11 am I love this game :heart:

I could catch up so fast ^^

Sig and Abi are very different players. Abi is usually a compulsive poster, both can have low activity from irl stuff and that's ok.
But Abi didn't have a real reaction at the votes on her. Eating them is not something to get more than
1. A careless attitude
2. Faking a careless attitude.

Of course, the wagon is more a meme now, since everyone knows it's not something happening by default.
I do appreciate the answers.
The thread feels towny, as it should, because town has 10 players.
This was my case on Abi. Like my all posts, it contains my mind in simple words. There's not an active push against Abi, it's just my opinion that she should be voted out.
Michelle wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:32 pm That post implying Epi is town is pretty bad, can you explain if I get it right?
@sig do you town read Epignosis? and why?
I didn't find an answer at this question. He avoided it.
Michelle wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:34 pm
sig wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:39 pm So far not much content.

Epi isn’t joking around D1 that’s a bit of a ping
Michelle is being active, but not in a towny way so that’s a slight ping.

Wilgy and Syn both get a town lean.
Tell me more pls about me not being towny. Quotes would help
I asked for details here to check if his conclusion about my play is genuine
Michelle wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:04 pm
Roxy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:46 pm
Michelle wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:32 pm That post implying Epi is town is pretty bad, can you explain if I get it right?
I personally do not have enough posts to read Epi one way or the other, how about you?
No, i have no read rn
sig wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:48 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:55 pm

How would you describe/define Michelle's activity as not being towny?

It's one thing to say, but what does it actually mean

thats a lot of work for day 1.

She seems to be looking for reasons to vote people rather than trying to solve the game.

There’s also some tone reasons as well. I’m usually pretty good at reading her and here she just doesn’t seem very Civvie
What's the difference between a pressure vote and solving?
We didn't play enough to know how to read me tonally, so I don't understand this meta take here.

And you think we are both so bad at the game that you figured things out so easy.

I honestly think he is town, as well as Brad and Long Con, and I liked Roxy as town lean as well.
These are people I am not going to vote toDay even if the reads are not solid yet.

Abigail didn't show any solving intent. My vote stays.
My answer at his push, what he said it was scummy.
I posted my reads and I had a clear opinion about the chop.
I don't know if I can be townier, because my defence on my town reads and the desire to clear the Poe are what define my play always.
The yellow part, where he says I am not solving, it's fake, I had a town core and reads in progress.
The purple part contains meta he doesn’t know.
My play changed, my motivation to play changed, and the way I see the game also changed
Sig didn't have time to notice all that in Goc and Fallout, and my games on site last year are 3 iirc.
His take here looked and still looks like fake meta to me.
Michelle wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:06 pm @sig tell me about good and bad 'hmm'
What gives your takes?
I was asking about the hmm interpretations, why bother if I didn't want to solve?
Michelle wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:09 pm
sig wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:06 pm
I personally do not have enough posts to read Epi one way or the other, how about you?
No, i have no read rn

She seems to be looking for reasons to vote people rather than trying to solve the game.

There’s also some tone reasons as well. I’m usually pretty good at reading her and here she just doesn’t seem very Civvie
We didn't play enough to know how to read me tonally, so I don't understand this meta take here.

And you think we are both so bad at the game that you figured things out so easy.

I honestly think he is town, as well as Brad and Long Con, and I liked Roxy as town lean as well.
These are people I am not going to vote toDay even if the reads are not solid yet.

I 100% disagree that we haven’t played enough for this, also even ignoring that your response to a single person calling you mafia and not even pushing it is telling. You’re acting like mafia that was caught for a dumb/not real reason and is now annoyed.

Also the vote for Abi has some very weak reasoning.
You decide you know how to read me because?
You pretend I am acting like mafia, I want to read more about your thoughts.

I am never annoyed. I am just curious.
The blue part

After deciding I am mafia with Wilgy, read that stayed frozen until Eod, Sig adds at the push the fact I didn't Omgus him as a wolf trait from my part.
I fail to understand how I acted like annoyed mafia, and tjis accusation it's just another invention from Sig
Michelle wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:14 pm
sig wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:09 pm Falcon, Long con, SVS, and Roxy are all town leans for me.

Falcon is being more active than I’d expect D1 mafia to be.
Long con and SVS are gut reads mainly.
Roxy has her civvie idgaf get out of my way vibe
Interesting, you agree with my reads except Wilgy.
Adding Falcon, who's alignament isn't showed by activity.
And SVS, who is a pretty scary wolf and and I have no idea why your gut is telling you she is a town lean.

Otoh, when you commit to a non lean read, pls ping me with it
We had a similar town core, I said it, I didn't find an answer at this.
Michelle wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:16 pm
sig wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:07 pm
What gives your takes?
Wilgy is being mean to me and Syn isn’t :p
That's a joke, right?
How can anyone post that as a real read? Again, I don't remember answer.
Michelle wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:17 pm @sig did you explain why you said Epi can win the game for you? Link me the post, I didn't find it
No answer.
Long Con wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:06 pm Looking at sig/falcon, I like sig over falcon here. On one hand, falcon's got an aggressive expectation that sig's posts should be more wolf-paranoid, but it looks like a level 9 response to a couple of level 1 posts. Disproportionate. On the other hand, it might be just what Day 1 needs. :haha:
Btw Long Con, you liked Sig back then over Falcon, but I don't understand your post at all.
Long Con wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:20 pm
Wilgy, something is fishy with this.

I snipped some of the irrelevant parts of this quote out, for clarity.
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:44 pm
Roxy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:40 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:34 pm

Damn, this is a wolf.

[VOTE: Sig] aubergine

3/4 of these opinions aren't Sig certified thoughts tm.

Sig giving me a tl lmao
I'm not sure what constitutes "sig certified thoughts ™ " can you clarify what makes them not sig certified ™
3/4
Epi being wolf is an idea I threw out
Wilgy being town is an idea that Michelle threw out.
Syn being town is an idea that Brad threw out.
How do you resolve attacking sig for sheeping his t!Syn idea from Brad, calling him a wolf for it, but then:
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:55 pm Brad and Sig both vouching for Syn is reason enough to pull from D1 PoE.
... you speak like your respect for these opinions is enough for you to change the Gameplan A PoE?
That’s the start of LCs push on Wilgy
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:53 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:20 pm Wilgy, something is fishy with this.

I snipped some of the irrelevant parts of this quote out, for clarity.
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:44 pm
Roxy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:40 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:34 pm

Damn, this is a wolf.

3/4 of these opinions aren't Sig certified thoughts tm.

Sig giving me a tl lmao
I'm not sure what constitutes "sig certified thoughts ™ " can you clarify what makes them not sig certified ™
3/4
Epi being wolf is an idea I threw out
Wilgy being town is an idea that Michelle threw out.
Syn being town is an idea that Brad threw out.
How do you resolve attacking sig for sheeping his t!Syn idea from Brad, calling him a wolf for it, but then:
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:55 pm Brad and Sig both vouching for Syn is reason enough to pull from D1 PoE.
... you speak like your respect for these opinions is enough for you to change the Gameplan A PoE?
So my issue was never with what Sig did or didn't disagree with, nor was it making reads on the backs of others as that's a natural thing to do.

It was very much declaring the reads as if they were fresh off the brain, when 3 out of the 4, then later 4 out of the 5 were all things stated previously. It all comes across as an effort to add to the thread but not in a way that feels organic. I do think if ANY of the thought process Sig had, that looked similar to others, were organic, they would've had some thought process behind them showing that they did originate from town logic within their head, OR that they came from other players and they were stances of agreement disagreement.

The quote of mine you pulled comes from my civ mind, based on two players voice and I did attempt my best to indicate where the thought originated from. Sig I think skipped that step.
This shows Wilgy's mindset and the coloured is what he thought of Sig back then
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:55 pm
S~V~S wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:16 pm
What gives your takes?
This kinda reads town sig to me, though.
lol implying wolf Sig wouldn't say this
Agree with that.

Now this is from Sig's Iso

Shade on me, TL on Wilgy.
He started to push Wilgy as Omgus probably

What Sig did with this post was to start a push and see if anyone agrees with it. He didn't receive good feedback from his town reads.
Wouldn't a townie try to understand the players he consider town?

But after Wilgy started to push him, he jumped with a theory.
sig wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:06 pm
No, i have no read rn

I 100% disagree that we haven’t played enough for this, also even ignoring that your response to a single person calling you mafia and not even pushing it is telling. You’re acting like mafia that was caught for a dumb/not real reason and is now annoyed.

Also the vote for Abi has some very weak reasoning.
We really didn't play enough lately.
The rest is wifom
sig wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:01 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:59 pm

hmm
This isn’t a good hmm so I’ll give you 2 :ponder: :ponder:
This is forced imo
What gives your takes?
Here he is whimsical, not logical.
sig wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:09 pm Falcon, Long con, SVS, and Roxy are all town leans for me.

Falcon is being more active than I’d expect D1 mafia to be.
Long con and SVS are gut reads mainly.
Roxy has her civvie idgaf get out of my way vibe
Except Long Con his other town reads read me town.
I didn't notice from him a question of why that happens
sig wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:29 pm I 100% agree with Syn I’m flabbergasted that Abbi not being here = mafia when that isn’t her meta and the reasons for voting for her started as a joke.

I’m also not a fan of pursuing low posting players just for them not being around on D1
I think this post is honest because he is sometimes so busy that he can't play, but also doesn't explain the turn to Wilgy and me without trying to solve us by other means than bad pushes

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Sorry for the wall everyone, @Long Con it took me some time.

Now i'm :offtobed:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sul sul!

Work has slowed down and I believe I an hour to spare at least. I can finally read the thread.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

"I believe I an hour to spare" is Simlish for real. Look it up.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 151

Post by Spacedaisy »

Syn wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:44 pm [VOTE: Spacedaisy] aubergine
:rolleyes:

Syn: I don't want to sleepwalk into a syn/spacedaisy chop.

Also Syn: Creates a tie between sig and spacedaisy.

Look. What benefit is it to me to break a tie, or even cast a vote for Wilgy yesterday as a wolf? Let's consider.

If sig or abigail is bad, it makes me look really bad to have saved one of them, I end up in this exact position I am currently in and once one of us flips wolf, we both go down anyway.

If sig and abigail is civ, Wilgy was also civ, how does it help me to be the one drawing attention to myself if that is the case?

The best move I could have made as a wolf is either vote off wagon or missed the vote entirely at that point. Like, a wolf has to play way more strategically than I did there.

It just makes no sense.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Syn wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:21 pm
Syn wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:20 pm
Michelle wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:17 pm Also there's just a small chance that I will wake up for Eod because I am extremely tired and maybe the chop will not be on Abi, so why are you stressed for the wagon one her?
she's my teammate
but also several other people have voiced approval for chopping in the AFK slots and have been patting themselves on the back for having such a POE. I'd be displeased with serious wagons on any of epi, daisy, abigail, because there's no reason for it yet people are pretending it's good gameplay
Who are these people?

Why do Epi, Daisy, and PA deserve preferential treatment over anybody else regardless of content?
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

@Michelle What is your take on abigail now? I see your case on sig and I can see it. I'm personally inclined to vote there today all things considered. But I am curious to know where you fall on abigail. Did you start the push on her?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:51 pm
Michelle wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:17 pm Also there's just a small chance that I will wake up for Eod because I am extremely tired and maybe the chop will not be on Abi, so why are you stressed for the wagon one her?
she's my teammate
but also several other people have voiced approval for chopping in the AFK slots and have been patting themselves on the back for having such a POE. I'd be displeased with serious wagons on any of epi, daisy, abigail, because there's no reason for it yet people are pretending it's good gameplay
Who are these people?

Why do Epi, Daisy, and PA deserve preferential treatment over anybody else regardless of content?
Also interesting that he's now like, maybe it is just an afk slot. Walking back a lot of opinions today, Syn.

That said, I'm still more inclined to look at sig and I want to understand what I missed about the abigail wagon yesterday.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I'm ISOing Long Con, trying to understand his reason for voting SVS. I'm feeling Long Con town. I have the benefit of knowing my role is civ, so what good would it do Long Con to defend me against SVS in light of my vote seemingly without a post. If he was wolf, that would not benefit him at all. It would be better and easier to let a mislim slip on by without drawing attention to himself. He can't be trying to pocket someone who has sporadic involvement such as me.

Long Con, for sure civvie.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Oh man... Long Con actually made a better case for SVS than I thought. Yeah... I might be convinced there.

@Long Con If you are right about SVS, who do you see her as aligned with? She voted off wagon, is she paired with one of sig or Abigail or do you think the Day 1 tie was less relevant than we are making it?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Syn wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:40 am well, you already know my answer to that question

I don't mind killing her once we're out of better options
What are the better options and what makes them better options?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:02 am
Michelle wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:36 am DrWilgy 5 Voters: Long Con, Spacedaisy, sig, Syn, Lime Coke

What made everyone of you prefer Wilgy over Abi, I want to know. Can you make an Abi town case?
If she doesn't play for various reasons you think she will ever escape the Poe position?
@Long Con
@Spacedaisy
@sig
@Syn
@Lime Coke
I made a post about it, lemme grab it:
Long Con wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:38 pm @falcon45ca I would call you a town lean atm.

Just got off work and fed my kids. Quick catchup. Tonight's the night I go to my buddy's place, so I will not be around for EoD.

I feel like there's a push for afk/low posters, especially Abi, but I'm not feeling that. That feels like the same old thing where we probably hit a Town. Wilgy is the one that has pinged me the most, and that's where my vote is going. [VOTE: wilgy] aubergine I may check in, but don't count on it. Probably just peek in at 10 to see what we ended up on.
I don't think that voting AFK on Day 1 is usually a hit. I think that wolves feel more responsibility to their small team to be present and trying, especially in a team of two. You don't want to be the half of the project that doesn't do their share of the work.

I voted Wilgy because I thought he was bad. I don't have a town case for Abi beyond what I wrote in the previous paragraph, and this only applies to Day 1, maybe day 2 if it's a bigger game. After that, chronically AFK players just ensure a bad result at LYLO.
Long Con wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:09 am Yo Ep, sul sul and all that, but I think it would be 'legit' if you, like, talked about your reasons for voting, you know??
Sul sul! Do you think I'm mafia? :grin:
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Michelle wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:36 am ☆Princess Abigail☆ 3 Voters: falcon45ca, DrWilgy, Michelle

Now it looks better.
Mafia folklore says the first wagon of 3 voters always contain a wolf, including the voted player

Please discuss..
I'm trying to decide if wolf Michelle would put herself in this position. Wilgy was mislimmed, falcon was killed. It leaves her and Abi. This seems like a risky post in light of how things have gone if she is wolf. I'm leaning town on Michelle because of that. Continuing my ISO on her now.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Gedna: S~V~S, Michelle, Long Con
Bradna: Syn, PA, sig

I don't think Syn's treatment of Wilgy was in good faith, and Syn's posts since exist to leave as many nebulous doors open as possible.

PA normally squirts juice at everyone and posts a lot.

Still think sig is bad.

Middle of page 9. Taking a break and will check back in before the votes lock.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

What about me, Epi? Huh, huh, huh? What about meeeeeee?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Michelle wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:24 am This is the game where I will not to do much because I don't have time (until weekend, at least) but also I don't have to, because I have a pretty solid town core.

SVS is also out of 'who I would chop toDay' list.
How do you feel about SVS today?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Michelle wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:24 am This is the game where I will not to do much because I don't have time (until weekend, at least) but also I don't have to, because I have a pretty solid town core.

SVS is also out of 'who I would chop toDay' list.
How do you feel about SVS today?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Sorry, double post.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Michelle wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:13 pm
The thing is, fmpov Sig has the worst posts in his push on me, but I want to see if that comes from a wrong town or mafia.
He, at least, is playing the game.
I'm pretty convinced of town Michelle at this point. And I agree with her that sig's push on her was awful. She was clearly game solving and he was like, she's doing things without game solving (paraphrase there), which was blatantly untrue.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Lime Coke wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:59 pm [VOTE: Sig] aubergine
Who were you on before this vote and what made you move to sig? I haven't got around to reading you yet so I want some context here.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Spacedaisy wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:11 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:59 pm [VOTE: Sig] aubergine
Who were you on before this vote and what made you move to sig? I haven't got around to reading you yet so I want some context here.
I didn't vote until now because I was weighing my options.

Sig pushed Wilgy out...I literally don't remember him posting at all today compared to yesterday...Falcon also suspected him and was night killed.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

I voted...who the fuck did I vote?

I voted Abbi because she wasn't doing anything.

Then switched to Wilgy last second trying to be the hero for a mafia yeet but you switched silently and he flipped town.

I don't think I voted anyone else ever?
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Oh voted Epi before on Day 1 but that was kinda nothing.

Day 2 this was my first vote in the day.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:35 pm Gedna: S~V~S, Michelle, Long Con
Bradna: Syn, PA, sig

I don't think Syn's treatment of Wilgy was in good faith, and Syn's posts since exist to leave as many nebulous doors open as possible.

PA normally squirts juice at everyone and posts a lot.

Still think sig is bad.

Middle of page 9. Taking a break and will check back in before the votes lock.
This was Epi's only really true content post. I was surprised to find that. But he clearly voted sig and Abi throughout the day. He's consistent without giving a reason until now. I don't know how to feel about this. My first instinct is it's a slight civ look. But that's mostly just because it's such a bad look that I can't imagine a player like Epi doing it as wolf. Meh meh meh meh.

Ok currently Michelle and Long Con strong town
Epi very very slight town lean
SVS slight baddie lean
sig slightly stronger baddie lean

I read Abigail and I can't decide if this is a civ who just is burnt out and not engaged, as claimed, or is this a low flying wolf who is burnt out and not engaged? She has a pretty "Come at me, bro" attitude about it all that leaves me scratching my head.

Gonna go read Syn because I'm not sure how I like the flip flops he's been making and the inconsistencies in certain things.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Lime Coke wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:22 pm Oh voted Epi before on Day 1 but that was kinda nothing.

Day 2 this was my first vote in the day.
Ok, gotcha. Thanks!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Nope, didn't even get through his whole ISO before I changed my mind on Syn. I think he just gave up fighting rather than actually changed stances. His Day 1 push on Wilgy looks like a misguided civ belief in Wilgy as wolf.

Town lean on Syn. Not as strong as Michelle and Long Con, probably on par with Epi. I don't think I'd vote either of them today, but they aren't exaclty fully out of my PoE either, if that makes sense?

But now that I'm thinking about it I'm muddying things up for myself. Syn could have been fighting hard against including Epi, Abi and I in PoE because he has TMI. But why would he fight so hard for a Wilgy elim if that were the case? No, I think I'm kanding on Syn soft town, not enough to remove from PoE but not enough to vote right now either.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Oof, the typos. That hurts me to read.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:51 pm
she's my teammate
Who are these people?

Syn thinks that building a worldview around specifically only having a POE of non-posters is illogical and silly. Syn has explained this several times this game. Syn does not want to explain it again.

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Spacedaisy wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:44 pm
Syn wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:44 pm [VOTE: Spacedaisy] aubergine
:rolleyes:

Syn: I don't want to sleepwalk into a syn/spacedaisy chop.

Also Syn: Creates a tie between sig and spacedaisy.

Look. What benefit is it to me to break a tie, or even cast a vote for Wilgy yesterday as a wolf? Let's consider.

If sig or abigail is bad, it makes me look really bad to have saved one of them, I end up in this exact position I am currently in and once one of us flips wolf, we both go down anyway.

If sig and abigail is civ, Wilgy was also civ, how does it help me to be the one drawing attention to myself if that is the case?

The best move I could have made as a wolf is either vote off wagon or missed the vote entirely at that point. Like, a wolf has to play way more strategically than I did there.

It just makes no sense.
*shrugs* I already made these points on your behalf at SOD.

ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Hustles”