Total votes: 13
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 332
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Re: Fallout New Vegas: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game [DAY 6]

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Lime Coke wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:38 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:57 pm Bottom line, Chelsea and Brad have defended each other all game. They're the scummiest two players in the game. Now suddenly, at lylo, when literally everyone has at least one of them in their solve, they suddenly suspect each other more than anybody and suddenly, I'm supposed to think they could never be partners together?

Nah. They've been called out as partners for days. This is just distancing.
Okay think about it this way if we are paired Chelsea will be harder to kill because she's got more ability to argue as mafia and I care less as mafia so you should vote her out instead of me.
I think its easier to vote you out today since all my townreads are already voting you and which one of you goes first doesn't matter to me.
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 301
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:43 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:38 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:57 pm Bottom line, Chelsea and Brad have defended each other all game. They're the scummiest two players in the game. Now suddenly, at lylo, when literally everyone has at least one of them in their solve, they suddenly suspect each other more than anybody and suddenly, I'm supposed to think they could never be partners together?

Nah. They've been called out as partners for days. This is just distancing.
Okay think about it this way if we are paired Chelsea will be harder to kill because she's got more ability to argue as mafia and I care less as mafia so you should vote her out instead of me.
I think its easier to vote you out today since all my townreads are already voting you and which one of you goes first doesn't matter to me.
Yes true but be a hero of the people and slay the wolf that's the better one.
Spoiler: show
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Anybody got anything profound to say before we roll the dice on Lime?
Chelsea
The Mark
Posts in topic: 257
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Chelsea »

Nope
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

@Jackofhearts2005

Flip to Chelsea pls. 🥺
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

@LanMisa

Come back and vote Chelsea.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

@Dunnstral

Be a hero and vote Chelsea.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

This might be doomed but meh.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Normally I'd be able to ATE here and that would help massively in this situation but I just can't.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Lime Coke wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:00 pm Normally I'd be able to ATE here and that would help massively in this situation but I just can't.
A T my E
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

I'm prolly just dead.

My bad on town I needed to do better.

If this doesn't end on me getting yeeted this game was weird but sure.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

DADV?
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

No one was ever active during EOD during this game ngl.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Day 6 has ended. Lime Coke was eliminated. He was:

You are the Followers of the Apocalypse, civilian.

You have no special abilities.

It makes sense that the Followers would be the last thing standing between a free New Vegas and the onslaught of Caesar's Legion. They're the closest thing you can find to unambiguously good people in this miserable wasteland, and they wouldn't stand by and watch their community fall into enslavement and barbarism. But their efforts were for naught, and the Legion swept through regardless. Their best doctors were forced into servitude in keeping Caesar himself in good health, and the rest were slaughtered.

Night 6 comes and goes.

Dunnstral was killed. They were:

You are the Powder Gangers, civilian.

The Powder Gangers thought they had caught a major break when the NCR was removed from the picture so early in the fighting. Nobody was left to apprehend them and put them back in prison unless the Legion prevailed, and perhaps even they could become allies in due time. Surely they would respect that the gangers were no friends of the Legion's mortal enemy and give them an elevated status in their growing empire. And then they were utterly flattened under Caesar's boot.

Chelsea was overpowered at endgame. They were:

You are the Brotherhood of Steel, civilian.

Much like the Powder Gangers, the Brotherhood thought they had gained a critical advantage in the region when the NCR was expunged. They could finally reassert their position at the Helios station and begin to reclaim the salvageable technology of New Vegas from the tribal infestation that had taken up residence under the guidance of Mr. House. But, once again, fortune favors the bold -- and Caesar sent his best frumentarii warriors into the Brotherhood bunker to leave it a smoldering furnace. None survived.

LanMisa and Jackofhearts2005 have survived the game. They were, respectively:

LanMisa is the White Legs.

Twice during the game during any separate night phases, you may select a player. That player will be unable to perform any role actions.

Separately, during any night phase you may select a player. That player will be killed.

The White Legs had come a long way southwest after eliminating all rival tribes in the Zion region. At Caesar's call, with the promise of power, blood, and glory, they rolled over whatever fledgling resistance remained in the North, across Freeside, and throughout Westside. Their throwing axes litter the landscape, many still buried in the skulls of anyone who dared look at them the wrong way.

Jackofhearts2005 is Caesar's Legion.

During each day phase (no later than one hour prior to the vote deadline), you may submit a list of all living players to the host. In the event of a tied vote, the player in the tie who is highest on your list will be eliminated.

Separately, twice during the game during any separate night phases, you may select a player. You will be told who that player visited if anyone.

Finally, twice during the game during any separate night phases, you may select a player. You will be told who visited that player if anyone. This ability will not successfully detect any fatal actions.

So it came to pass that New Vegas fell under new management. One old-world copycat died as another stepped into its new power structure. The NCR, ever the vacant mimicry of the failed United States before them, retreated to their Californian homes and braced for continuing conflict on more familiar soil. The Legion, forged in the likeness of Rome before them, exacted a heavy toll on New Vegas for its indignities and debauchery. But then there was order. And with order came peace.

The mafia team has won Fallout New Vegas: A Post-Nuclear Mafia game. Congratulations to @falcon45ca, @Jackofhearts2005, and @LanMisa.

Thank you all for playing.

Dead Chat

Mr. House and Courier #5

Mafia chat to be revealed shortly.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Fallout New Vegas: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game [LEGION CONQUEST]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@Long Con's Courier #6 role:

You are Courier #6, independent.

You are the protagonist of Fallout New Vegas. That means the choices you make will have far-reaching consequences for the people of the Mojave Desert. You will decide for yourself what is the best course of action. Yours is the only morality that really matters, because the game was designed for you.

Your role is not revealed publicly. It is the only such role.

If you wish to do so, you may safely claim to be New Canaan (vanilla) or State of Utobitha (power role). These roles are not in the game. Refer to the role list on the front page of the game thread for role information.

First, you have a two-time ability. Twice during the game during any separate night phases, you may draft a note consisting of no more than 30 words and submit it to the host. The host will publicly post this message in the game thread at the start of the next day phase. This does not occur if you die during the night.

Separately, you will be tasked with taking a side. Before the end of Day 2, you must align yourself with one of the powers in the New Vegas region by declaring your allegiance (to the host, privately). You have four options, each of which will come with different consequences, requirements, and win conditions. Once you have made your choice, you may not change your mind. If you do not submit a choice by the deadline (the close of the Day 2 poll), the host will automatically select your allegiance by choosing whichever faction appears to be worst-positioned (subjectively assessed by the host).

Option 1 - Join the New California Republic

This option entails, essentially, joining the civilian faction. You will not count for parity, however.

If the New California Republic is killed, you will die with them. You must survive at least through Day 4 and have the game end in a civilian win. If this occurs, you will also be declared a winner.

Option 2 - Join Caesar's Legion

This option entails working with the mafia team. You will not count for parity, however. Additionally, you will not be informed of the identities of the mafia team (and nor will they be informed of you).

If you place a vote for a mafia member, it will have a 50% chance of failing. If the mafia target you with a night kill, it will have a 50% chance of failing.

If the mafia team wins the game and you are still alive, you will also be declared a winner.

Option 3 - Join Mr. House

This option entails working with the overseer of an independent New Vegas. You will not count for parity, however.

You will be granted a space to communicate with Mr. House behind-the-scenes. Additionally, you will be granted a one-time ability. Once during the game during any night phase, you may select a player. That player will be killed.

If Mr. House wins the game, you will also be declared a winner.

Option 4 - Reject them all and remain self-aligned

This option entails serving your own machinations to maintain an independent New Vegas under your own supervision.

If the game ends with all of Mr. House, the New California Republic, and Caesar's Legion eliminated, and you are still alive, you will be declared a winner (regardless of whichever other faction also wins).

Option 1 was eliminated when sig was voted out.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Woot
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Congrats Jack, Lan Misa, falcon!

Brad omg I was rooting so hard for you at the end. You named both of them but no one would listen, so sorry.

Everyone played a great game.

Y'all should all come to spec chat! I'll tell you what Jack's tell is :)
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

juliets wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:09 pm Congrats Jack, Lan Misa, falcon!

Brad omg I was rooting so hard for you at the end. You named both of them but no one would listen, so sorry.

Is it jokes?
Chelsea
The Mark
Posts in topic: 257

Post by Chelsea »

gg
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:13 pm

Is it jokes?
Nope you're always a joke!
(where's my dancing pancake)
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Gg town. Fist bump to LanMisa for the excellent performance. @Dunnstral you were fun let’s play again
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Needless to say, this is the only Syndicate game that has ever ended on Leap Day.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Thanks for the game, Jay. Lovingly crafted and I’m a sucker for extra roles with safeclaims as a setup.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Okay well that was on me.

Let the Chelsea paranoia take over and I ended up pushing her thinking she was a wolf and yeah.

Thought the interaction was her being a wolf.

Welp.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

I didn't deserve to win tbh I played pretty bad most of the game.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

@LanMisa I just want to say you were amazing. In unspoiled chat I was calling you the towniest town there ever was lol so I was shocked when I found out you were a wolf.

But also, you were so respectful toward everyone in the game at all times, such a class act, thank you for playing and I hope you will play here again. :wine:

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dunnstral
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 176

Post by Dunnstral »

Well my bad.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 214
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Well played mafia!

And don’t beat yourself up, you town lot that made it to endgame. Lots of tomfoolery and well placed paranoia- I don’t think I would have fared better in your shoes. LanMisa was my top town and Dunn was my deepwolf.

Hard game is hard.

Thanks for the game JJJ!
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 153
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

juliets wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:37 pm @LanMisa I just want to say you were amazing. In unspoiled chat I was calling you the towniest town there ever was lol so I was shocked when I found out you were a wolf.

But also, you were so respectful toward everyone in the game at all times, such a class act, thank you for playing and I hope you will play here again. :wine:
Yeah, LanMisa was impressive, and a pleasure to play with.
LanMisa
The Mark
Posts in topic: 277

Post by LanMisa »

juliets wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:37 pm @LanMisa I just want to say you were amazing. In unspoiled chat I was calling you the towniest town there ever was lol so I was shocked when I found out you were a wolf.

Thanks a lot, Juliets!

I try to play to the spirit of Sunbae, a former player I adore a lot: Always be polite and nice, regardless of your alignment, regardless of how you read the others in the game. Personally I believe that you can play the game in the fullest without using low blows, mean attacks or other similar angles.

I am fully aware that even I still have a long way to go; I seriously got heated towards Mac at some point which I regret, but I am working on it.
LanMisa
The Mark
Posts in topic: 277

Post by LanMisa »

A few thoughts about the game:

1) In general I don't feel like I/Jack did a lot of things here. Town just never managed to find enough cohesion to get to the right conclusions. There was a lot of infighting, some players who became easy misyeets due to not playing as much as others expected them to... I do think that my Day 1 especially helped a lot here by staying outside the POE for the whole six days, but Jack especially just got ignored by most of the game most of the time for some weird reason.

2) Regarding the balance...I agree that I am used to an MU environment where any PR claim usually gets you at LEAST another day - even with fake claims being available, fake claiming a role usually ends your life sooner rather than later. Still... in total three PRs got yeeted, which is NOT something you should see on a regular iteration of the game, with two of them never claiming and Epi claiming in a way even we (wolves) completely missed, which makes this three unclaimed roles. At the very least Sig and NANOOK I feel are kills we should have never gotten... and at some point we simply run out of potential misyeets/my late survival becomes a matter of contention. Six PRs should mean that at LEAST four or five of them are now very hard to misyeet, and if you then also have a handful of extremely solid VTs like Dunnstral...TLDR: Town would have had massively improved chances had they played around their PRs better, even if they just massclaim D1.

3) Not sure if this will become a matter of scrutiny or not, but there are some things I always told the truth about during the whole game, which you can also confirm in wolf chat:
- when I said I was sick and I had a horrid headache I was very sick and had a horrid headache and was taking a COVID test for good measure
- when I said I was busy with school-related stuff I was busy with school related stuff; this first week has NOT been kind to me (admittedly, I was too lazy/sick around Friday the week before so that's partially on me)
- when I said that I enjoy playing with you peeps I really mean it. Scotty and Dunn were beacons of townyness and I hard enjoyed playing with Scotty especially. I also feel REALLY bad for how I forced Brad over, seeing his laments on this last day really hurt my motivation and made me feel really bad about what I was doing... and it was at that time where I really wished we had hammer/early yeet, just to shorten his torment.
- when I said that Mac pissed me off I was absolutely pissed and if not for being a wolf I would have abandoned the conversation even earlier. As someone who does not enjoy riling up others and doesn't see this as a strategy that should be condoned I also loathe being scrutinised to it. Regardless of your alignment this is a sure-fire way to make me not want to work with you again.

4) My own play... I said it in Discord chat already but this was a breakout performance. I always suck hard as a wolf, I get found out immediately and usually die during the first two or three phases. When I saw how MU-heavy this game was I fully expected that to happen here as well. But... for reasons I cannot explain myself I managed to break my own ceiling, HARD, to an extent I never have before. Well, maybe in my one other outstanding wolf game back from.... Fall 2018.
I could also say it in this way: Not a single person in the game (maybe Mac?) has ever seen me wolf on this level before, including myself, and I didn't think it was even remotely possible either.
I also believe that this was a one-time thing and that if/when I have time to play again (not before June...) and I rand wolf again you all will be hard disappointed, but that's the issue with these games: Expectations rise to levels one can usually not reach. Oh well, better only rand town from here on and disappoint people by making them realise how badly my reads are as town!

5) Our nightkills... were indeed led by me and I saw a bit of flak in DVC. Fair point, I am a very conservative person in choosing NKs but we had one underlying philosophy when picking our kills which I think IS the right philosophy: Kill people during the night that you cannot kill during the day.
* N1 we killed Abigail and Michelle, two widely townread and hard to misyeet players who (Abigail) also had the benefit of being a very active and thus influential voice in the thread. With either of them we simply didn't want to risk them changing their minds on us and running us over.
* N2 we killed Sean for two reasons: Sean being a PR was one of them; we did fully realise that this could potentially out Falcon (although we expected Falcon to play more active on D3 and were fully ready to hard bus if needed). Another one was to keep all the town fights/conflicts unresolved though: Brad had OMGUS'd several people, I think Mac and Chelsea had started to bicker, Long Con and Scotty were at odds I believe... and by killing Sean (who was ALSO widely townread at the time) we simply didn't want to disturb that equilibrium
* N3 it was the same: Long Con we had the role information on, but so we did on Manny... but Long Con felt difficult to push in the game and was less pocketed/influenced by us than Manny. Likewise removing Long Con would not change anything to the town infighting dynamics that had been going on for a long time. Staring at 5/4 Mac/Chelsea wagons in early D4 kinda agrees with us here, and if not for me getting seriously sick during D4 (to a point I was actively thinking about subbing out if things didn't improve) I would have pounced on that a lot harder than we did.
* N4 killing Mac... We wanted to keep Manny in D5 since Manny was on Chelsea and not on us. Ultimately we were debating Mac or Dunn and Jack preferred Mac from what I remember. If we kill Dunn here the strategy is to force through any yeet in F6, kill Manny, use Jack's vote decider to double stack/kill anyone in F4 and then my remaining RB deals with the 3P in case the 3P survives longest. Considering Mac's standing in the game this may ultimately even have been the route of less resistance but we couldn't realistically expect Creature and Tony to die there. If not for these extra kills we hoped that Tony would help Jack push against Chelsea with Mac's death semi implicating her and Chelsea pushing against Tony instead of Jack, and then clearing out the game with a Creature misyeet (or anyone else if someone came up for grabs).
* N5 not killing Manny there outs me since if neither Manny nor I die... well

People may disagree with them, people may call them "bad" or "conservative" or "not playing towards the setup" which are all valid points, but... we did have a reason for all of them.

As I said before, with school picking up again I will be busy for the next few months, so this will have been a one-time foray into the Syndicate. I did enjoy the general atmosphere, so if I get time on my hands I may well come back in the future!
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 102

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

GGs y'all
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Epignosis »

LanMisa wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:08 am A few thoughts about the game:

1) In general I don't feel like I/Jack did a lot of things here. Town just never managed to find enough cohesion to get to the right conclusions. There was a lot of infighting, some players who became easy misyeets due to not playing as much as others expected them to... I do think that my Day 1 especially helped a lot here by staying outside the POE for the whole six days, but Jack especially just got ignored by most of the game most of the time for some weird reason.

2) Regarding the balance...I agree that I am used to an MU environment where any PR claim usually gets you at LEAST another day - even with fake claims being available, fake claiming a role usually ends your life sooner rather than later. Still... in total three PRs got yeeted, which is NOT something you should see on a regular iteration of the game, with two of them never claiming and Epi claiming in a way even we (wolves) completely missed, which makes this three unclaimed roles. At the very least Sig and NANOOK I feel are kills we should have never gotten... and at some point we simply run out of potential misyeets/my late survival becomes a matter of contention. Six PRs should mean that at LEAST four or five of them are now very hard to misyeet, and if you then also have a handful of extremely solid VTs like Dunnstral...TLDR: Town would have had massively improved chances had they played around their PRs better, even if they just massclaim D1.

3) Not sure if this will become a matter of scrutiny or not, but there are some things I always told the truth about during the whole game, which you can also confirm in wolf chat:
- when I said I was sick and I had a horrid headache I was very sick and had a horrid headache and was taking a COVID test for good measure
- when I said I was busy with school-related stuff I was busy with school related stuff; this first week has NOT been kind to me (admittedly, I was too lazy/sick around Friday the week before so that's partially on me)
- when I said that I enjoy playing with you peeps I really mean it. Scotty and Dunn were beacons of townyness and I hard enjoyed playing with Scotty especially. I also feel REALLY bad for how I forced Brad over, seeing his laments on this last day really hurt my motivation and made me feel really bad about what I was doing... and it was at that time where I really wished we had hammer/early yeet, just to shorten his torment.
- when I said that Mac pissed me off I was absolutely pissed and if not for being a wolf I would have abandoned the conversation even earlier. As someone who does not enjoy riling up others and doesn't see this as a strategy that should be condoned I also loathe being scrutinised to it. Regardless of your alignment this is a sure-fire way to make me not want to work with you again.

4) My own play... I said it in Discord chat already but this was a breakout performance. I always suck hard as a wolf, I get found out immediately and usually die during the first two or three phases. When I saw how MU-heavy this game was I fully expected that to happen here as well. But... for reasons I cannot explain myself I managed to break my own ceiling, HARD, to an extent I never have before. Well, maybe in my one other outstanding wolf game back from.... Fall 2018.
I could also say it in this way: Not a single person in the game (maybe Mac?) has ever seen me wolf on this level before, including myself, and I didn't think it was even remotely possible either.
I also believe that this was a one-time thing and that if/when I have time to play again (not before June...) and I rand wolf again you all will be hard disappointed, but that's the issue with these games: Expectations rise to levels one can usually not reach. Oh well, better only rand town from here on and disappoint people by making them realise how badly my reads are as town!

5) Our nightkills... were indeed led by me and I saw a bit of flak in DVC. Fair point, I am a very conservative person in choosing NKs but we had one underlying philosophy when picking our kills which I think IS the right philosophy: Kill people during the night that you cannot kill during the day.
* N1 we killed Abigail and Michelle, two widely townread and hard to misyeet players who (Abigail) also had the benefit of being a very active and thus influential voice in the thread. With either of them we simply didn't want to risk them changing their minds on us and running us over.
* N2 we killed Sean for two reasons: Sean being a PR was one of them; we did fully realise that this could potentially out Falcon (although we expected Falcon to play more active on D3 and were fully ready to hard bus if needed). Another one was to keep all the town fights/conflicts unresolved though: Brad had OMGUS'd several people, I think Mac and Chelsea had started to bicker, Long Con and Scotty were at odds I believe... and by killing Sean (who was ALSO widely townread at the time) we simply didn't want to disturb that equilibrium
* N3 it was the same: Long Con we had the role information on, but so we did on Manny... but Long Con felt difficult to push in the game and was less pocketed/influenced by us than Manny. Likewise removing Long Con would not change anything to the town infighting dynamics that had been going on for a long time. Staring at 5/4 Mac/Chelsea wagons in early D4 kinda agrees with us here, and if not for me getting seriously sick during D4 (to a point I was actively thinking about subbing out if things didn't improve) I would have pounced on that a lot harder than we did.
* N4 killing Mac... We wanted to keep Manny in D5 since Manny was on Chelsea and not on us. Ultimately we were debating Mac or Dunn and Jack preferred Mac from what I remember. If we kill Dunn here the strategy is to force through any yeet in F6, kill Manny, use Jack's vote decider to double stack/kill anyone in F4 and then my remaining RB deals with the 3P in case the 3P survives longest. Considering Mac's standing in the game this may ultimately even have been the route of less resistance but we couldn't realistically expect Creature and Tony to die there. If not for these extra kills we hoped that Tony would help Jack push against Chelsea with Mac's death semi implicating her and Chelsea pushing against Tony instead of Jack, and then clearing out the game with a Creature misyeet (or anyone else if someone came up for grabs).
* N5 not killing Manny there outs me since if neither Manny nor I die... well

People may disagree with them, people may call them "bad" or "conservative" or "not playing towards the setup" which are all valid points, but... we did have a reason for all of them.

As I said before, with school picking up again I will be busy for the next few months, so this will have been a one-time foray into the Syndicate. I did enjoy the general atmosphere, so if I get time on my hands I may well come back in the future!
You played well. Very well.

I always goof off in Fallout Mafia. This is the third game, I believe. Goofing off isn't my standard procedure. I was a tourist trap town, so I tried to play that up. I did billboards, fliers, a radio show.

Unfortunately life got in the way, and I wasn't able to participate in the way I would have enjoyed.

I think mafia would have won regardless. I wouldn't have gone after you, and the best thing I said was Jack was a busser.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 39
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

GGs idk who won but you probably deserved it
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:04 pm GGs idk who won but you probably deserved it
Thanks, man. That means a lot to me.

Return to “Previous Rackets”