Kagemusha (ENDGAME)

Play the current classic game here!
- Maximum of 17 players
- Maximum of 5 non-vanilla roles
- Required cycles of 48 (e.g., 24/24) or 72 hours (e.g., 48/24)

Moderators: Game Facilitators, Heist Host

Who killed the fake daimyō?

Poll ended at Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:00 pm

falcon45ca
No votes
Epignosis
50%
LoRab
20%
TonyStarkPrime
No votes
Long Con
No votes
sig
No votes
JaggedJimmyJay
No votes
A thief who stole some coins (host/spec)
30%

Total votes: 10
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: Kagemusha (D1)

Post by Scotty »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:33 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:31 pm After I drive.

Did you not? I have a memory of it.
No Mafia + Drive.

I didn't speak about their relationship. I did ask falcon to provide a read on Tony. That was mostly intended for resolving "this thread is dead, so ask someone a question, any question, get posts in here immediately". You may have interpreted subtext.
I remember the days where I was hot grits, texting and mafiaing at red lights or in long, straight stretches of highway. I quit that a while ago.

Now I started watching YouTube videos or trying to find the right podcasts when driving and I’ve had some close calls. One time I drifted too close to a guy on the Golden Gate Bridge, which- if you’ve ever driven it, you know those lanes are extremely narrow. Almost sideswiped him. Needless to say, I had to yell at myself to set some guidelines. I’ll never do it again.

Being an adult is hard. Don’t play and drive, kids.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

LoRab wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:36 pm Why hello syndicate land!
Also Lorab:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Let it be known that although I don’t think JJJ is a good D1 pick right now, I don’t exactly town read him- he’s like an Arnica gel. Could be effective, if you just believe hard enough.

Parse that, detectives.

Insert ninjakick.jpg

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I looked at Simon’s iso. It’s extremely lacking, filled with real zingers like ‘I can’t vote’ and ‘oh Nevermind’

HOWEVER there’s something that doesn’t give off bad ninja vibes. It’s not a try-hard effort that I would associate with someone that is trying to keep up appearances.

I’d even go so far as to town read him

DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 75

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:33 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:31 pm After I drive.

Did you not? I have a memory of it.
No Mafia + Drive.

I didn't speak about their relationship. I did ask falcon to provide a read on Tony. That was mostly intended for resolving "this thread is dead, so ask someone a question, any question, get posts in here immediately". You may have interpreted subtext.
No, I know exactly what I did.

During my skim I mentally merged your discussion on Epi/Tony with your ask of Falc on Tony. I rescind my commentary on how it'd affect the dichotomy.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

falcon45ca wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:33 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:16 pm I think Falc has had the opportunity to move the thread, chosen not to.

This at the same time also assists some of the dichotomy between Falc/TSP and Jay's commentary on said dichotomy.

I've had gigs the last 2 nights and hockey, I'm tired and a wee bit beat up physically
Fine. You get a single day pass presuming you can offer a better option.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scotty wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:37 pm I looked at Simon’s iso. It’s extremely lacking, filled with real zingers like ‘I can’t vote’ and ‘oh Nevermind’

HOWEVER there’s something that doesn’t give off bad ninja vibes. It’s not a try-hard effort that I would associate with someone that is trying to keep up appearances.

The messaging of this post is confusing. Why do you need to describe him as "extremely lacking" and use sarcastic language like "real zingers" if your impression of him is a town read?

I can understand in the most basic sense "these posts may appear bad, but they're actually not", but your wording is extreme in both directions. Are the other players that haven't put on a "trying hard" face also town reads? LoRab? Sophia Abigail? Princess Abigail? Half the roster? Why is Simon town?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
motobot
Posts in topic: 23

Post by motobot »

I'm split, the one half of me that knows Simon says the way he is playing tells me he's town. But then again I wouldn't put it past him if he were just putting up a good act.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

motobot wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:59 pm I'm split, the one half of me that knows Simon says the way he is playing tells me he's town. But then again I wouldn't put it past him if he were just putting up a good act.
Thanks for your perspective, motobot. Could you say a little bit about how you think Simon plays when he is town?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Abigail Sophia
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Abigail Sophia »

Scotty wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:19 pm Another out of expectation (OoE) is PrincessAbbi. Those 4 posts don’t say much, and not to use the participation card but it’s not what I expect from her
This is the first game I've played where my father hasn't spoken for me (I think) so I'm not used to checking on the conversation
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 176

Post by Epignosis »

Scotty wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:32 pm
Also Lorab:

Missing the context, but Garfield without Garfield is gold.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 116

Post by falcon45ca »

motobot wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:59 pm I'm split, the one half of me that knows Simon says the way he is playing tells me he's town. But then again I wouldn't put it past him if he were just putting up a good act.

How is Simon playing? Can you articulate your read a bit more...what do you find towny about his play?
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
motobot

Post by motobot »

I guess I would say he would only respond when he is talked to directly, only say something if it's necessary similarly to how he is playing now. But I have never played a Mafia game with him before so I'm just going off of his personality
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:01 pm
Thanks for your perspective, motobot. Could you say a little bit about how you think Simon plays when he is town?

Well now I look like a plagiarist
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

motobot wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:06 pm I guess I would say he would only respond when he is talked to directly, only say something if it's necessary similarly to how he is playing now. But I have never played a Mafia game with him before so I'm just going off of his personality
I appreciate it! I think I understand your description.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:58 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:16 pm I think Falc has had the opportunity to move the thread, chosen not to.

This at the same time also assists some of the dichotomy between Falc/TSP and Jay's commentary on said dichotomy.

I've had gigs the last 2 nights and hockey, I'm tired and a wee bit beat up physically

Howse 'bout Moto?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

motobot is probably my top town read in the game.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Scotty wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:35 pm Let it be known that although I don’t think JJJ is a good D1 pick right now, I don’t exactly town read him- he’s like an Arnica gel. Could be effective, if you just believe hard enough.

Parse that, detectives.

Insert ninjakick.jpg

What is Arnica gel?

Don't make be Ask Jeeves yo

Also, JJJ is prolly town right now
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:10 pm motobot is probably my top town read in the game.

Oh no, your brain has been abducted by aliens
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

@sig Come on in, the water is warm
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

falcon45ca wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:12 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:10 pm motobot is probably my top town read in the game.
While I respect that it may be difficult to see on the surface, I am comfortable with this read. motobot looks nothing like he did in the Don't Starve game, and I believe there is an authentic process at work in his approach to the game. I understand where he is coming from and what he is doing.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

motobot

Post by motobot »

If JJJ isn't town they're doing great because I completely believe JJJ is town now.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:13 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:12 pm
While I respect that it may be difficult to see on the surface, I am comfortable with this read. motobot looks nothing like he did in the Don't Starve game, and I believe there is an authentic process at work in his approach to the game. I understand where he is coming from and what he is doing.

Oh, it's meta

I've noticed several meta reads from you thus far. How reliable do you feel meta is in general?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

falcon45ca wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:09 pm

Howse 'bout Moto?
No, Epi saying Moto is unlikely W is more than enough for them to be placed on a 'sort later' list.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Voting [VOTE: Tony] aubergine to split the vote and to keep my wolfmate moto from being a lead wagon.
Image Image Image
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:49 pm
motobot wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:31 pm So I agree with Epi, I don't think you noticed anything.
I only noticed that you didn't post much in Pyre (similar to Don't Starve), and that was true. You were a civilian in Pyre, so I know that "being quiet" doesn't necessarily mean you have evil intentions.

I don't have any real suspicion of you right now.

He came in quick, knowing he was voted. Snap voted you, then went to bed

And now that you don't suspect him and TR him, he's gonna give you a top TR as well

He's given a 50/50 read on Simon, prolly the least controversial read of all time

How different was his Maf game? Cuz this all seems pretty surface level stuff that I'd imagine many and most players could perform as any faction
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:19 pm

Howse 'bout Moto?
No, Epi saying Moto is unlikely W is more than enough for them to be placed on a 'sort later' list.

How towny do you find Epi?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

falcon45ca wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:23 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:19 pm

Howse 'bout Moto?

How towny do you find Epi?
Epi is within an acceptable range. Would not put them to be trimmed currently given how wide the PoE is.
Image Image Image
TonyStarkPrime
Posts in topic: 199
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I don’t think abi is a good vote
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Yes I’m aware of the situation
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Dichotomy between falc and tsp wtf
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Agree with father that of the children Simon strikes me as the most wolfy
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:18 pm If JJJ is mafia, his partner(s?) is quiet.
Everyone is quiet
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Ok update I’ve read P_Abi posts and I now think she’s a fine vote
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:53 am I have developed an impression that Scotty might be schmoozier with me when he is mafia than when he is town. It may be Ted Lasso Mafia bias, or it may be meaningful. I believe it also happened in the ancient times (Easter Mafia). :ponder:

He opened by being schmoozy with me. :ponder:

:ponder:
I think you’re saying these things too early to find them useful
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Scotty wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:15 pm Nah, that’s more of a joke vote but it’s not as funny as I remember. I do want to hear from sig tho

I just looked again through TSP’s iso and it reads like a henna tattoo. I ain’t paying full price for that

[VOTE: TSP] aubergine
what does that even mean
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Moto Moto
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:32 pm Dichotomy between falc and tsp wtf

The most obvious one I can think of is you have a suit made of iron, and I have feathers n' fragile bones
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:34 pm Ok update I’ve read P_Abi posts and I now think she’s a fine vote
What's your fav wolfy post by the Princess?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Ok I’m gonna say it — feels likely that Moto has BTSC as far as I can tell. Yes I’m aware that outing this information could be seen as anti-town and that anyone choosing to act on it in thread may reveal more information than is prudent to reveal. Yes I’m aware that at a level 1 reading this phrasing would be an implication that I do not have BTSC with Moto and thus would reveal percentage points of valuable information. I don’t care, I’m better than that.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

falcon45ca wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:53 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:34 pm Ok update I’ve read P_Abi posts and I now think she’s a fine vote
What's your fav wolfy post by the Princess?
Not about posts. I was concerned about the fact that it’s possible that she did not have time to claim and was not going to be around.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Do I think she’s a wolf? Eh.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

But I don’t think she’s getting out of POE and I don’t think she’s a PR and that’s good enough
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Vote: Simon
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:44 pm
Scotty wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:37 pm I looked at Simon’s iso. It’s extremely lacking, filled with real zingers like ‘I can’t vote’ and ‘oh Nevermind’

The messaging of this post is confusing. Why do you need to describe him as "extremely lacking" and use sarcastic language like "real zingers" if your impression of him is a town read?

I can understand in the most basic sense "these posts may appear bad, but they're actually not", but your wording is extreme in both directions. Are the other players that haven't put on a "trying hard" face also town reads? LoRab? Sophia Abigail? Princess Abigail? Half the roster? Why is Simon town?
I’m sorry you’re confused. But like…I mean what I said?

I’m perhaps being selective as I’m looking at people as I look at them. Comparing Simon to Lorab is a bit different with content, as one as literally checked in, and one has had a full seemingly conversation. I just happen to find Simon’s 4 posts towny in his lack of effort.

Abbi is a weird case where I feel like my expectation is being sated.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Abigail Sophia wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:05 pm
Scotty wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:19 pm Another out of expectation (OoE) is PrincessAbbi. Those 4 posts don’t say much, and not to use the participation card but it’s not what I expect from her
This is the first game I've played where my father hasn't spoken for me (I think) so I'm not used to checking on the conversation
I….uh…sorry, I was talking about the other Abbi and until you just posted I didn’t even know there was another Abbi in this game :haha:

But you both can be princesses if you want. I’d prob just call you Princess Sophia for clarification though

How do you do? What’s your read on…say, me, or JJJ right now?

TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

isn’t(?) being sated?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

now time to out the Jay scumread probably but like I’ve been lampshading it and I also think he has probably the right read on the game so it’s hard to complain too much
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:05 pm
Scotty wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:32 pm
Also Lorab:

Missing the context, but Garfield without Garfield is gold.
One of my favorites!

I also forgot to bring you into my reads. I think you could be fooling us with your reads so far, but I’m not incredibly pinged.

Of all your kids playing this game, do any of them feel particularly bad up til now?

TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

We haven’t played together in a long time and we’re both (I think) independently rusty so it’s hard to get a solid read

Return to “The Heist”