Kagemusha (ENDGAME)

Play the current classic game here!
- Maximum of 17 players
- Maximum of 5 non-vanilla roles
- Required cycles of 48 (e.g., 24/24) or 72 hours (e.g., 48/24)

Moderators: Game Facilitators, Heist Host

Who killed the fake daimyō?

Poll ended at Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:00 pm

falcon45ca
No votes
Epignosis
50%
LoRab
20%
TonyStarkPrime
No votes
Long Con
No votes
sig
No votes
JaggedJimmyJay
No votes
A thief who stole some coins (host/spec)
30%

Total votes: 10
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Kagemusha (D2)

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:27 pm FREE of your TYRANNY!
Maybe that really will help somehow. :goofp:
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 176

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:27 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:51 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:17 pm If nothing else, civilian Long Con rarely responds to suspicion in this way.
I mean, why would you say that when civilian Long Con almost definitely lets suspicion roll off his back like a duck?

Maybe you're thinking about Lime Coke?

This is a wholly egregious lie. I'm happy to die to expose you.

[VOTE: JJJJJJJJJJJJJJ] aubergine
What Long Con doesn't usually do -- flippant rainbow lists with 800 colors and a concerted effort to be impossible to read

What Long Con usually does -- ridiculous overconfident accusations of LIES and laugh emojis, like the accuser is doing something unbelievably silly

Thanks for finally doing that.

[VOTE: falcon45ca] aubergine
I'm just having a hard time buying this as a genuine opinion.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Man struggles to solve an unsolvable game

Man finds the task to be a... struggle

Man is murdered for failing to do the impossible

We're playing Mafia. We sure are.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:29 pm I'm just having a hard time buying this as a genuine opinion.
It seems evident to me that nobody in this game has a single clue what is or is not genuine, and that's okay.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:30 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:29 pm I'm just having a hard time buying this as a genuine opinion.
It seems evident to me that nobody in this game has a single clue what is or is not genuine, and that's okay.
All three of my brood seem to disagree. :shrug:
Simon
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Simon »

motobot wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:21 pm I know I've already said that I believed JJJ was town, I just feel it is getting harder and harder to believe that.
Yeah sure, but there's no real evidence that JJJ could be wolf, not yet at least.

All things considered, I'm not going to believe anything.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I will admit I'm behind a bit though.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Whether folks believe me or not is their own prerogative. I don't give a damn at this point. But for my own peace of mind and perhaps for future reference (in my dreams):

Long Con, when civilian and accused, "annoys" me (for lack of a better word). This is not meant as a criticism of Long Con the person or even the player. He is doing nothing wrong. He is interacting with the game and pursuing what he believes to be appropriate, if he is a civilian. That's okay. But that is exactly what I was waiting for. To ignore accusations entirely and pretend the game barely exists is not quite the same as to laugh in my face for trying to sort him, and the latter has happened before more than once. It's annoying, it's tilting, but it has been authentic every past time I can remember it happening. So I moved my vote to falcon, who has not done anything to suggest he is a civilian.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Simon
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Simon »

Any way, I'm off to bed, so night.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

[VOTE: LoRab] aubergine just as a placeholder for now.

I shouldn't even be playing. I'm still working. :smile:
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 229
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:30 pm
:slick: Hey man. Still 24 hours left in the Day. What are you even worried about? I haven't even decided if I believe what I'm saying yet. :noble:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:33 pm Whether folks believe me or not is their own prerogative. I don't give a damn at this point. But for my own peace of mind and perhaps for future reference (in my dreams):

Long Con, when civilian and accused, "annoys" me (for lack of a better word). This is not meant as a criticism of Long Con the person or even the player. He is doing nothing wrong. He is interacting with the game and pursuing what he believes to be appropriate, if he is a civilian. That's okay. But that is exactly what I was waiting for. To ignore accusations entirely and pretend the game barely exists is not quite the same as to laugh in my face for trying to sort him, and the latter has happened before more than once. It's annoying, it's tilting, but it has been authentic every past time I can remember it happening. So I moved my vote to falcon, who has not done anything to suggest he is a civilian.
:hugs: Thank you and/or I'm sorry. :grin:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:28 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:21 pm :pout: Well it's just true, regardless of my alignment. I can handle accusations, but I will not stand for outright lies about me.

Now Wolf JJJ dusts off his hands, pocket secured. He knows how to handle a simple soul like Long Con, twist him up, watch him spin, and be there to catch him while he's dizzy.

What kind of person falls for that, JJJ? Come on.
I seriously don't know what this means, but I am happy for you and/or I'm sorry that happened.
Don't you ever just not want to risk getting fooled by a Wolf? I'd rather be wrong than duped.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:45 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:21 pm :pout: Well it's just true, regardless of my alignment. I can handle accusations, but I will not stand for outright lies about me.

Now Wolf JJJ dusts off his hands, pocket secured. He knows how to handle a simple soul like Long Con, twist him up, watch him spin, and be there to catch him while he's dizzy.

I seriously don't know what this means, but I am happy for you and/or I'm sorry that happened.
Don't you ever just not want to risk getting fooled by a Wolf? I'd rather be wrong than duped.
I'd rather eliminate mafia than civilian. The base emotion of "being duped" is almost meaningless to me beyond some fleeting wound to post-game pride. I'm going to be duped sometimes. If I let that fear consume me I would lose games a lot more often.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:48 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:45 pm

I'd rather eliminate mafia than civilian. The base emotion of "being duped" is almost meaningless to me beyond some fleeting wound to post-game pride. I'm going to be duped sometimes. If I let that fear consume me I would lose games a lot more often.
Well, it's not like my religion or anything. But it's why I would post a thing like that. Like "hey man, I see what you're doing" even if I don't end up deciding you are a Wolf, I want it on the record at that point in time.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:42 pmWhat are you even worried about?
The whole game. I hate losing, and I feel like I am about to lose. When I feel that way I tend to enter overdrive and put forth the strongest effort I can to turn the tide.

I just don't know how to do that here, and my frustration is boiling over too often. I acknowledge my doomer crap and am sorry for it. I have a few people that seem vaguely voteable, and if they don't flip mafia the game is in serious jeopardy (especially with people eager to kill me either today or later -- the mafia might as well sit back and let it happen, because there is virtually no challenge to their agenda happening here).

falcon45ca, LoRab, Abigail Sophia <~~ suspects if the game is in its simplest iteration
sig, Long Con, Simon <~~ secondary suspects if the game is slightly more difficult
DrWilgy, Epignosis, motobot, TonyStarkPrime <~~ suspects that will be nearly impossible to destroy if they're mafia unless the dynamic shifts significantly

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Does anyone out there have strong civilian reads? On anyone? That's a start.

I do not. I have "civilian reads" (the premier two being motobot and Tony) and will trust them if given no choice. But I wouldn't call any of them truly "confident" in the sense that I would often experience in other games.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I just meant in the short-term. I don't even acknowledge suspicion of me, most of the time, this early in the day because votes shift all the time. And I highly doubt that the poll is going to look like this by the end of the day.

I'm probably more of an optimist, contrasted with you as a realist.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm Does anyone out there have strong civilian reads? On anyone? That's a start.

I do not. I have "civilian reads" (the premier two being motobot and Tony) and will trust them if given no choice. But I wouldn't call any of them truly "confident" in the sense that I would often experience in other games.
That limp-ass day one vote is not helpful because princess didn't really do anything to judge. We should have done some spicy jumping at the end of the day.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

You've turned me around on this game though. I was planning on slanking hard for *reasons*, but now I want to do it for you.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:01 pm That limp-ass day one vote is not helpful because princess didn't really do anything to judge. We should have done some spicy jumping at the end of the day.
In this particular instance, I think you're right about that.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm Does anyone out there have strong civilian reads? On anyone? That's a start.

I do not think Simon or moto are mafia. There's a good start. I'm not mafia. That's three if you want to go with that.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I still have to read back; I just finished work for the weekend.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:04 pm

I do not think Simon or moto are mafia. There's a good start. I'm not mafia. That's three if you want to go with that.
What gives you confidence about both of them, and is Abigail Sophia close to the same level of trust?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I won't lie, having the Epi family all in this game is a strange wrinkle that is a factor in how I think about it.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:08 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:04 pm

What gives you confidence about both of them, and is Abigail Sophia close to the same level of trust?
Simon and moto are easier to figure out if they are lying for me. Simon sounds authentic, and moto's accusation of you doesn't feel like a ruse.

Abigail Sophia is a skilled bluffer. I will have more trouble figuring her out, and I know she knows it.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:10 pm I won't lie, having the Epi family all in this game is a strange wrinkle that is a factor in how I think about it.
If only we had Eloh!
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

That would have been legit. I would have had to get Black Rock in on it too.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:10 pm I won't lie, having the Epi family all in this game is a strange wrinkle that is a factor in how I think about it.
Agreed, it's an unavoidable piece of the puzzle. I keep finding myself trying to determine what their posts might look like if any of the Epi clan share BTSC, for example. I really don't know how to determine that though.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:13 pm That would have been legit. I would have had to get Black Rock in on it too.
Tell that lovely lady I said hello please!
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:13 pm
Agreed, it's an unavoidable piece of the puzzle. I keep finding myself trying to determine what their posts might look like if any of the Epi clan share BTSC, for example. I really don't know how to determine that though.
Like when Epi knew that they were going to come after you?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:11 pm Simon and moto are easier to figure out if they are lying for me. Simon sounds authentic, and moto's accusation of you doesn't feel like a ruse.

Abigail Sophia is a skilled bluffer. I will have more trouble figuring her out, and I know she knows it.
Obviously without the familial or playing experience, I have the same general impression of all three.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:14 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:13 pm That would have been legit. I would have had to get Black Rock in on it too.
Tell that lovely lady I said hello please!
:srsnod:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:15 pm
I thought about it. I wouldn't say Epi predicted or forecasted it, but I did wonder if he had a hand in it with at least one of them. :shrug2:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

If I were mafia with any of my children, I could shield them with anything I'd like, and I feel pretty confident I'd get away with it.

But I'm a civilian. As I said, I'd call the boys good, and the girl a question mark.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:16 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:15 pm
I thought about it. I wouldn't say Epi predicted or forecasted it, but I did wonder if he had a hand in it with at least one of them. :shrug2:
But what kind of Bush league mistake would that be for him to make?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Given the theme, I like how we are a "Clan." :D
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:17 pm Given the theme, I like how we are a "Clan." :D
Yes, you've gone above and beyond with this game's gimmick.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:17 pm But what kind of Bush league mistake would that be for him to make?
I don't think it'd be a mistake; indeed, it'd be just the right play. I have zero confidence accusing him of that, and nobody is likely to take it that seriously now.

To be clear, this isn't an accusation. I have no idea. But I thought about it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I still have to read back; I noticed sig appeared!
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I would be completely satisfied with starting a town core of JJJ, Long Con, and Epignosis. If you guys want to take the risk together.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Never before has such a town core been seen!
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:22 pm I would be completely satisfied with starting a town core of JJJ, Long Con, and Epignosis. If you guys want to take the risk together.
At least for the time being, I would be fine with giving that a trial run and seeing what turns up.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Don't find sig to be mafia.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I was just thinking about posting that I'm not voting for sig.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:22 pm I would be completely satisfied with starting a town core of JJJ, Long Con, and Epignosis. If you guys want to take the risk together.
Only to discover LC and JJJ are mafia! :omg: :fist:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I have no significant gripes about sig. Fine with not voting him.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:36 am gonna out more mech stuff I guess, everyone who gets put on the stand should at least strongly consider claiming kagemusha, depending on their relative game position. game theory works out that way. The PRs have to do it, the wolves then have to do it, at which point the town have to do it to provide proper cover. Don't think it's worth not talking this through before it starts happening and we have to start thinking about it.
I don't understand this, but I'll admit I'm not invested in the mechanical side of things.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm going to call sig a lock civilian. Anybody know why?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I think I'd have to re-read him.

Return to “The Heist”