The Avengers [ENDGAME]

Play the current standard game here!
- Any number of players
- Any number of non-vanilla roles
- Any cycle lengths (subject to staff review)

Moderators: Job Host, Game Facilitators

Rocket Science, my dear Watson.

Poll ended at Mon May 13, 2024 6:00 pm

Abigail Sophia
50%
Lime Coke
No votes
LoRab
No votes
Michelle
No votes
Simon
No votes
Syn
No votes
Moriarty (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
50%

Total votes: 12
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 92
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Re: The Avengers [Day 2]

Post by LoRab »

Michelle wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:34 pm
LoRab wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:27 pm
S~V~S wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:20 pm Ok so I thought he had info, the way he came in hard after Brad. This is how an info role who can’t dump comes across. And if I had an info role, Brad is who I would have checked.

I put this out several times during the day period. I expected the three people who had experience with this kind of thing to pick up what I was putting out; LC, LoRab and Roxy. Instead all three of them said I was suspish.

Woo Hoo. Or maybe Woo HOO.

Have a safe night folks.
And:

are you suggesting that lime coke and leetic had btsc yesterday? Because that seems unlikely based on their back and forth.

This result (and rip leetic) does indicate that Willy was civ. Which sucks. But as a small silver lining, we have some more info.
That's exactly what I thought

I doubt the player who was in BTSC with Leetic can claim, seems like we can only speculate but we can't receive confirmation. Which is frustrating and fascinating in the same time because nowadays games are full of claims flying all over the thread.
I agree. And I'm not a fan of claiming, as a general concept, so I'm liking that we can't!!
LoRab
Loan Shark

Re: The Avengers [Night 2]

Post by LoRab »

Michelle wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:54 pm
LoRab wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 3:17 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:12 am
Porscha wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:32 am @Roxy in response to what you asked me about wilgy

and tsp can read this too, if he's able

I simply have reasons to believe that there are a lot of power roles in play (this is a reason we should all believe, in fact,) and that while I think it's okay to assume a possible world where wilgy was the target of the nk from wolves, it should not be fully assumed as the truth because mechanics cannot be outed in thread

so what i'm trying to say is that we should be utilizing a balancing act in how much we believe a theory that cannot actually be proven true or false

if leetic had btsc with wilgy last night and believed he was town, then sure, that's something I am willing to assume is more likely than not (as I am proposing in how we should approach all things of this nature in the game) and I wasn't here for end of day cuz workscha so I took brad's conviction at more than face value since t hat's where I thought the conviction came from

though I initially had worries about him for raisins... w hich is still possible but I also kinda doubt wolf brad powerwolves out leetic here so idk lol maybe he's just town though again, like, I didn't love that he hasn't seemed to question my alignment at all whatsoever, but idk maybe he really took my masonry suggestion quite seriously lol
I agree, given that Leetic saw the role card and seemed convinced it was an NK I’m now leaning heavily in that direction
I think it was almost surely a night kill. It's just a matter if he was the intended target or not.

As I've said a few times, I think we can assume it likely was, with the caveat that it wasn't necessarily so.
Can we find out what happened?
I doubt it.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 188
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: The Avengers [Day 3]

Post by Long Con »

Leetic, are you allowed to tell who you had BTSC with?

Are you going to save us from the recruited players?

Are you resurrected as a Thqanos recruit?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

We are safe from leetic being a recruit. His win condition cannot change!
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 108
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

Long Con wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:16 pm Leetic, are you allowed to tell who you had BTSC with?

I'm not allowed to tell my actions or results. As for the third question, read my role PM.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Re: The Avengers [Day 2]

Post by Long Con »

leetic wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:18 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:16 pm Leetic, are you allowed to tell who you had BTSC with?

I'm not allowed to tell my actions or results. As for the third question, read my role PM.
Pffff, I knew that AT LEAST 25 seconds before you said it. :pout:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

leetic wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:47 pm It seems the roles of Black Widow (tracker), Doctor Doom (rolecop), and Deadpool have been partially revealed in the OP. Deadpool seems like a hostile ITP, so I wouldn't trust them, though wolves are still a more pertinent threat.
Seems like Deadpool isn't a threat until the Wolves are all dead. So Thanos or Deadpool, or both, have a win con that Town must defeat. Thanos is more likely, I'd say. He's probably recruiting a team of him plus two, to balance with Hydra?
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:00 pm I suspect Thanos kills on odds
So Thanos probably killed Wilgy. So, Porscha is Thanos because she was incredibly insistent it wasn't Wolves.
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 209
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

The thing says "If Hydra is eliminated" so I don't think 3P kills yet until all mafs are gone?
Spoiler: show
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Lime Coke wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:25 pm The thing says "If Hydra is eliminated" so I don't think 3P kills yet until all mafs are gone?
Sounds like Deadpool takes over Hydra's kills, which means that Thanos(' team) kills odd nights.... OR Hydra kills every night, and Thanos goes odd and Deadpool goes even after they are gone.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Long Con wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:23 pm
leetic wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:47 pm It seems the roles of Black Widow (tracker), Doctor Doom (rolecop), and Deadpool have been partially revealed in the OP. Deadpool seems like a hostile ITP, so I wouldn't trust them, though wolves are still a more pertinent threat.
Seems like Deadpool isn't a threat until the Wolves are all dead. So Thanos or Deadpool, or both, have a win con that Town must defeat. Thanos is more likely, I'd say. He's probably recruiting a team of him plus two, to balance with Hydra?
So Thanos probably killed Wilgy. So, Porscha is Thanos because she was incredibly insistent it wasn't Wolves.
I think it is a terrible and dangerous assumption to make that the indy roles don't have secret powers that didn't appear in the OP.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

LoRab wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:35 pm
I think it is a terrible and dangerous assumption to make that the indy roles don't have secret powers that didn't appear in the OP.
I think that is too alarmist, but there's probably other things. I've already decided Thanos is recruiting, so if you have something worse than that then you can go Chicken Little about it. :grin:
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

I think more likely that neither indy kills at this point. And that hydra kills nightly.

Also, you seem super obsessed with this recruiting idea--which we don't actually know is a thing.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

LoRab wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:38 pm
I think more likely that neither indy kills at this point. And that hydra kills nightly.

Also, you seem super obsessed with this recruiting idea--which we don't actually know is a thing.
You are in hyperbole mode right now.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

How did leetic come back to life, and was S~V~S an exchange, or an unrelated regular nightkill?
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Long Con wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:39 pm

Hyperbole is an excellent rhetorical device.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

If there is no recruitment, then what other factors can change a player's win condition?

Note that leetic's Nick Fury role contains this ability: "You are loyal to your cause. You cannot change your win condition. Instead, you can target someone each Night and convince that person to return to his or her original win condition."

Maybe I'm super supremo ultra obsessive compulsive about this... but I'd have to be convinced there's NOT recruitnig happening in this game, based on this role description.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

LoRab wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:42 pm

I don't trust it. I see it as someone trying to give their words more gravitas than they deserve, which strikes me as agenda-driven.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

To the Wolves:

Hi guys. Long Con here. Remember that if Thanos is recruiting, he might have already taken one of your guys.

Only leetic can fix that for you. Let's leave him alive.
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 48

Post by falcon45ca »

Long Con wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:42 pm How did leetic come back to life, and was S~V~S an exchange, or an unrelated regular nightkill?
Sounds like the Maf are curious what happened to their nightkill
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 48

Post by falcon45ca »

[VOTE: longcon] aubergine
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Hey, my name does have a space yall.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Also, RIPIYWG SVS.

And, welcome back Leetic!

Rezzurect means bring back 2 lyf

Sorry I voted for you!! And glad you're back.

I'm speculating that such power is part of someone's role. Curious if making SVS part of the description is saying that she razzed Leetic? Or if that was story telling flavor/details.

Also, do we really need to find the briefcase from a non-Marvel movie? Especially when we still don't know what's in that darn briefcase? Or is that also writing flavor? And what does even it mean to find the briefcase?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Yeah, my mafia buddies and I also want to know what happens if vision takes the poll down to 4-6 players and ihow t interacts with Loki's power.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Long Con wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:46 pm
LoRab wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:42 pm

I don't trust it. I see it as someone trying to give their words more gravitas than they deserve, which strikes me as agenda-driven.
I do have an agenda. To figure out who the baddies, and likely Indies, are and get them out.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Long Con wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:55 pm Yeah, my mafia buddies and I also want to know what happens if vision takes the poll down to 4-6 players and ihow t interacts with Loki's power.
Why the assumption that making the poll smaller is what "names to appear" means?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Well I don't think Vision's power is to add Fred, Yusuf, Joanna, Carl, Jason, and Xinghua to the poll.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Long Con wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:01 pm Well I don't think Vision's power is to add Fred, Yusuf, Joanna, Carl, Jason, and Xinghua to the poll.
Not what I meant. Rather, why does making names appear necessarily mean on the poll?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

LoRab wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:03 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:01 pm Well I don't think Vision's power is to add Fred, Yusuf, Joanna, Carl, Jason, and Xinghua to the poll.
Not what I meant. Rather, why does making names appear necessarily mean on the poll?
Because contextually within the role description that makes the most sense. What other possibilities are you considering?
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

You know with Vision being there I just wanted to say that I SEE that that certain player hasn't used their power yet.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

Recruiting is a difficult mechanic to balance. If I can unrecruit one person, then there's nothing preventing them from leading a lynch on the recruiter. The claiming roles limit this somewhat, but not enough, as I'd likely be on their side and it'd be noticeable. The question becomes, what happens to the faction if the recruiter dies? Recruiting factions like cults are typically the biggest threats as they can quickly grow out of control if given a little leeway.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Yes, I've been in a game where I was one of the only non recruits left and I was running around like an idiot.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

So, the numbers at the start of the game were 12-3-1-1. Assuming both our loses were town and ignoring recruitments, that would mean that we're at 10-3-1-1. With recruitments, we can potentially lose 3 townies per day/night cycle if we mislynch, which means we probably have to pull ourselves together quickly.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Which of the three Epi-spawn would you like to yeet the most? The least?
Simon
The Mark
Posts in topic: 47

Post by Simon »

Lime Coke wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:27 pm [VOTE: Motobot] aubergine

Here until I see anything else worth voting.

Otherwise I'm not doing much this day phase. I got my townreads list up so any questions go ahead and ping.
But why the accusation against Moto?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Simon wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:43 pm

Otherwise I'm not doing much this day phase. I got my townreads list up so any questions go ahead and ping.
Who do you think would be a better option?
Simon
The Mark

Post by Simon »

Does anyone else think that Loki's power had anything to do with the leetic/SVS switcheroo?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Simon wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:53 pm Does anyone else think that Loki's power had anything to do with the leetic/SVS switcheroo?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Simon wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:53 pm Does anyone else think that Loki's power had anything to do with the leetic/SVS switcheroo?
I don't think we would have found out leetics role. And I don't think he would have died at all if that were the case.
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 140
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Long Con wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:20 pm Which of the three Epi-spawn would you like to yeet the most? The least?
simon the most all of them the least
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Long Con wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:20 pm Which of the three Epi-spawn would you like to yeet the most? The least?
simon the most all of them the least
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

ok not simon the most anymore
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

The one game he was scum in he just dropped votes and nothing else.

Relatively the same here.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:11 pm ok not simon the most anymore
So you believe there are most likely zero Hydra or Indy roles in those three?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Long Con wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:13 pm
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

moto the most now but I'd push pretty aggressively against a moto chop today
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

thunal viewing the thread, hello thunal
Simon
The Mark

Post by Simon »

Long Con wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:52 pm

Who do you think would be a better option?
Flipping the question to my opinion doesn't make any sense seeing as I asked the person who made the original statement for their opinion. That being said, I already implied this, but if anything, Abigail is the most questionable person who's stay away attitude really doesn't help her case at all.

Don't get me wrong, I don't accuse people for inactivity, not to mention, that really isn't the problem. The problem is the fact that Abigail hasn't done much of anything at all. She even said it herself that she doesn't actually pay attention to debates or speculation, to the point where she never has anything to say.

If she is indeed gathering info and having her own opinions and reads then good for her. But she is also being very quiet with her own thoughts and never actually shares them.

Trust me,she's even like this irl, so this is a very good reason as to why I shouldn't trust her. And besides, if she was town, she probably wouldn't be trying to hide as much as she is.

I have the same opinion on moto, it's not like he's done much of anything either. But unlike Abigail, he never actually stated that he was trying to stay away from anything supposedly chaotic.
Simon
The Mark

Post by Simon »

Long Con wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:56 pm
I don't think we would have found out leetics role. And I don't think he would have died at all if that were the case.
Yeah that makes sense.
Simon
The Mark

Post by Simon »

Anyway, I think I should be going to bed now. Good night.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:19 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:13 pm
Maybe I misinterpreted what you meant when you said "all of them the least."

Return to “The Job”