Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 45

Re: The Donner Party - Day 2

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Ok catching up now.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 52

Post by fingersplints »

I think that SVS's logic re:llama being taken off the poll is pretty sound. I've had take someone of the poll roles many times and if I were a Donner I would absolutely take my teammates of the poll. Especially early in the game where I don't have any feels for anyone.

I'm starting to feel less sure on Rico. I like his latest responses better although I did skim a little sorry.

I don't know what's going on with LC tbh but I still don't feel right voting there.

I have to look some at the other players, and hopefully finish reading the thread. There is still a big chunk in the middle I haven't gotten to
Gro-oo-ovy
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 175

Post by thellama73 »

FZ. wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Although, the fact that FZ seems so pissed off about this is starting to make me hesitate...
Nah, just wanting to be sure.
I'm pissed about the info dumping stuff, not this :D

The thing that's making me hesitate is the fact that he did indeed defend Epi more than once, which maybe in this game is different, but usually baddies don't defend each other strongly, and the fact I don't see any reason for him to admit as a baddie that he had the screenshot and then not give it.

By the way, llama, what do you think of SVS?
She's always a tricky one for me to read, but I think I am seeing her civ game, at least so far. She's being helpful and logical, and she's agreeing with me, which is a rare treat indeed.

Thanks for the response, I feel better about my vote now.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 79
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

fingersplints wrote:I think that SVS's logic re:llama being taken off the poll is pretty sound. I've had take someone of the poll roles many times and if I were a Donner I would absolutely take my teammates of the poll. Especially early in the game where I don't have any feels for anyone.
I think the more obvious reason for taking one's own Donner teammate off the poll is that they may have only one chance to EVER use the power, so of course they will choose one of the only people they know for a fact is Civvie.

And I just realized that Metalmarsh was Tamsen Donner. That really really sucks for the Civvies, Tamsen could have been the key to winning the game. :(
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 129
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

I appreciate Rico's attempts to defend himself, but they haven't really changed my mind. I acknowledge that I don't feel THAT strongly about him, but it's Day 2 and I can't fathom a better player for my vote before the roles change. :shrug:

Sorry, Rico.
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 168

Post by Zombarella »

Long Con wrote:
fingersplints wrote:And I just realized that Metalmarsh was Tamsen Donner. That really really sucks for the Civvies, Tamsen could have been the key to winning the game. :(
Here is more of my evidence against LC - "That really sucks for THE CIVVIES!?" Don't you mean - "That really sucks for us?"

I see the evidence against Rico, it is fair, but not as good as the evidence I see against LC and Russ (and now maybe TySlayer thanks to FZ). I will keep my vote for LC to ensure that he doesn't fall off the civvie lunching radar for D3.

@FZ - thank you for your analysis of how hard it is to make a real case in this game without being accused of some sort of bad sportsmanship. However, I will do my best to soldier on and find the bad guys wherever they may be! Watch out Wasatch, Hunger and GSLD - I'm looking your way!! :evileye:
Turnip Head wrote:I for one welcome our new zombie and llama overlords. May their reign be long, and may their cases always be on point.
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I appreciate Rico's attempts to defend himself, but they haven't really changed my mind. I acknowledge that I don't feel THAT strongly about him, but it's Day 2 and I can't fathom a better player for my vote before the roles change. :shrug:

Sorry, Rico.
A better player is LC or Russ. Just sayin'
Turnip Head wrote:I for one welcome our new zombie and llama overlords. May their reign be long, and may their cases always be on point.
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

@ Rico - If you vote for Llama you are more than likely voting for a civ. You are making it hard for us to believe that you aren't bad when you do that. I have made a very good case for LC and Russ, and TySlayer voted for you for no reason. If you are really good, why add flame to the fire by voting for Llama?
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 153

Post by Ricochet »

Zomberella12 wrote:
@FZ - thank you for your analysis of how hard it is to make a real case in this game without being accused of some sort of bad sportsmanship. However, I will do my best to soldier on and find the bad guys wherever they may be! Watch out Wasatch, Hunger and GSLD - I'm looking your way!! :evileye:
I'm right here, though, aren't I? XD
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Zomberella12 wrote:
Long Con wrote:
fingersplints wrote:And I just realized that Metalmarsh was Tamsen Donner. That really really sucks for the Civvies, Tamsen could have been the key to winning the game. :(
Here is more of my evidence against LC - "That really sucks for THE CIVVIES!?" Don't you mean - "That really sucks for us?"

I see the evidence against Rico, it is fair, but not as good as the evidence I see against LC and Russ (and now maybe TySlayer thanks to FZ). I will keep my vote for LC to ensure that he doesn't fall off the civvie lunching radar for D3.

I seem to have done a pretty good one on Rico without using any info. :shrug:
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Zomberella12 wrote:@ Rico - If you vote for Llama you are more than likely voting for a civ. You are making it hard for us to believe that you aren't bad when you do that. I have made a very good case for LC and Russ, and TySlayer voted for you for no reason. If you are really good, why add flame to the fire by voting for Llama?
Didn't you hear? Making others believe you are not bad doesn't work in Mafia.

Follow your case, whatever that is. I did that on D1 and look where I am now.
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 122

Post by FZ. »

I have to be honest and say that if I vote for Rico, it's only because I don't see anyone really trying hard to defend him....And if you want to talk about unfair, I'm thinking this is it, and not because of info dumping, but because of game mechanics.

So I'm wondering if I'd rather vote for Russ, whose line from the first day regarding how he'd be okay with voting civvies as well, is still pinging me. The more I think of it, I can see it as a way of trying to make the civvies just go against each other.

@linki: Ilama, I don't think you can call that without info
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I counted two actually, but unfortunately that does not get me off the hook.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Ricochet wrote:I counted two actually, but unfortunately that does not get me off the hook.
I'd expect people who know a civ is getting lynched to try harder than that
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

FZ. wrote:
Ricochet wrote:I counted two actually, but unfortunately that does not get me off the hook.
I'd expect people who know a civ is getting lynched to try harder than that
I don't believe blatant defending is the key to teammateship or detecting teams at all, but I'm currently getting lunched for that, so...
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Ricochet wrote: Didn't you hear? Making others believe you are not bad doesn't work in Mafia.
I'm never giving you helpful advice again. :)

Have fun twisting in the wind.

Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 45

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Ok so I'm voting Ricochet because I don't see anything that sticks out more to me.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

thellama73 wrote:
Ricochet wrote: Didn't you hear? Making others believe you are not bad doesn't work in Mafia.
I'm never giving you helpful advice again. :)

Have fun twisting in the wind.
I never considered you giving me any, to be honest.

Not much of a Weather out there.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:Ok so I'm voting Ricochet because I don't see anything that sticks out more to me.
Eloquent enough reasoning.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

To be noted, Snowman changed his vote to LC with even less reason than voting me in the first place. The priviledges of having amnesty, I presume...
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Actually, scratch that. He said something the other day. My bad.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Zomberella12 wrote:
Long Con wrote:
fingersplints wrote:I see the evidence against Rico, it is fair, but not as good as the evidence I see against LC and Russ (and now maybe TySlayer thanks to FZ). I will keep my vote for LC to ensure that he doesn't fall off the civvie lunching radar for D3.
I am SO bad, my friends, that even when the rotation happens at the end of this Day, I will be unable to assume a Civvie role.

:feb: That's so badass.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Could LC just be a jester? Or is he acting like that to make us think he is, so we don't lynch him?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Black Rock »

Has anyone considered that LC is just having fun? I doubt he's bad, he's playing like he has nothing to hide.

I just finished pages of reading, I just read my other game as well. I need to put my thoughts together. Plus I'm trying to type with a two year old on my lap banging the keyboard
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

FZ. wrote:Could LC just be a jester? Or is he acting like that to make us think he is, so we don't lynch him?
No one wants to lynch a jester! But no, I'm just a regular Civvie dude, I don't know who's bad or anything. I'll try to find a new place for my vote now.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Bass could be bad. I don't think anyone has vouched for him, have they?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Black Rock wrote:Has anyone considered that LC is just having fun? I doubt he's bad, he's playing like he has nothing to hide.

I just finished pages of reading, I just read my other game as well. I need to put my thoughts together. Plus I'm trying to type with a two year old on my lap banging the keyboard
I think the players can find it hard to believe that, given that Epig acted that way and turned out to be a baddie.

They can't even believe me not voting Epig doesn't make me bad.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Long Con wrote:
FZ. wrote:Could LC just be a jester? Or is he acting like that to make us think he is, so we don't lynch him?
No one wants to lynch a jester! But no, I'm just a regular Civvie dude, I don't know who's bad or anything. I'll try to find a new place for my vote now.
No, but I don't find him suspicious for now, and I think the votes are spread enough. What do you think about Russ? Zomb and Splints were considering him as well, so we can all vote there
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 54
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

I can't take it! Not another day! Another day...

Levinah had many a mouth to feed. Epi's arms were not enough! She had decided to take matters into her own hands.

Jacob Donner was by the lake trying to break through the ice and drop a net down into the water to try and catch anything. Anything so he would not have to face eating Metalmarsh's heart.

Levinah swooped into action with her ax. She was not a strong woman but by the seventh or eigth blow she had completely cut off Jacob's head. It is when she realized in her haste to find more meat she had taken out a friend.

"No use crying over spilt blood" she hurriedly cut his legs off and put them and his head in her canvas tote bag and covered his body with snow.

Llama has been killed on accident by Levinah Murphy. He was Jacob Donner.

It is still day and you have about 3 hours until lynch ends and rotation is over.
;)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 164

Post by S~V~S »

Wtf????

:(
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Isn't Levinah supposed to be s civvie??
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Apparently she thought Llama was a non-Civvie. Now <<the Civvies>> have lost two important Donner-Civvies!
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

The only person gunning for Llama was Rico...
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I guess Ricochet, Llama's only seeming suspecter according to the current poll...

:srsnod:

... will have to vote for someone else!
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

There was a reason why it was likely Llama was a Donner before his death, right? Was it that he was off the poll on Day One? I think that was it.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

RIP llama. I really had a hard time reading that story :(

I wonder if that was on purpose to signal us that he's not Epi's partner but Levina :ponder:
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

If it is it was a crappy thing to do tbh.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

That would make sense with the "no one supports Rico" thing.

Also, despite the anti-Civvie choice of who to kill, I'd rather lose Jacob Donner than Levinah Murphy. Sort of.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Hey, don't the Donners have a rezz? Or was it someone else? They can rezz llama

@linki: yeah, but we don't know if it was on purpose
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Yeah, I think I'll switch to LC now.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I think that seals the deal for me on voting Russ. Anyone care to join me? I think Ty was Epig's partner
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Ricochet wrote:Yeah, I think I'll switch to LC now.
You scum, you should have killed me and voted Llama, at least.

And I call you scum in only the friendliest way, not in any personal way. I call my two-year-old "scum" on a daily basis. True story.

Linki: I think voting Russ makes no sense, I have gotten a Civvie vibe from him this round. And if you suspect Ty, why not vote Ty? :confused:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

FZ. wrote:Hey, don't the Donners have a rezz? Or was it someone else? They can rezz llama

They HAD a lynch stop.

I need to walk away from here for a bit. See you all later :)
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

The Reeds can rezz.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

S~V~S wrote:
FZ. wrote:Hey, don't the Donners have a rezz? Or was it someone else? They can rezz llama

They HAD a lynch stop.

I need to walk away from here for a bit. See you all later :)
Don't get your feathers too ruffled. Maybe you'll come back after tonight as a baddie, and you'll be lovin' it like Mickey D's!

And Sarah Keyes has a rezz, maybe she can rez Llama (or Metalmarsh) now!
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

I'm thinking that Rico just killed Llama, or someone else did it to frame him. If Rico did it, he is a bad civvie. Does that exist?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Not in this games. The civ and bad are clear teams. Murphy is just a civillian that has three kills as a power.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Long Con wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Yeah, I think I'll switch to LC now.
You scum, you should have killed me and voted Llama, at least.

And I call you scum in only the friendliest way, not in any personal way. I call my two-year-old "scum" on a daily basis. True story.

Linki: I think voting Russ makes no sense, I have gotten a Civvie vibe from him this round. And if you suspect Ty, why not vote Ty? :confused:
I don't know. Russ just seems like he's not helpful at all (no offence). As for Ty, I don't know. I think he's a baddie, but no one seems to say anything about it, so I'm not pushing it because...I don't know why actually.

How has Russ seemed Civvie to you?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 129
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Wow, that's surprising. RIP Llama.

Occam's Razor suggests the following scenario:
Rico is Murphy and used one of his three kills because he strongly believed Llama to be bad and didn't want to be lynched this period. Not only did it accomplish the use of one of his three available abilities, but it worked as a signaling mechanism.

As a result, I'm switching my vote to LC.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Black Rock »

Zomberella12 wrote:I'm thinking that Rico just killed Llama, or someone else did it to frame him. If Rico did it, he is a bad civvie. Does that exist?
No, but civvies make mistakes all the time.

So, a civvie was just killed and the vote is split between two likely civvies (imo).

I'm voting for Bass as well, unless someone can tell me why I shouldn't.
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”