what are we fighting 4/Host/goats head soup
67%

Total votes: 6
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 53

Re: The Donner Party - Night 3

Post by Black Rock »

thellama73 wrote:Well the Blooper kill makes no sense. She was alost certainly going to be lynched today, so why would the unseen forces waste their kill? Is a redirect possible?

Maybe, that would make more sense.
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 79
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Snowman wrote:Well, my BTSC is pretty dead, so I'll just ask here--Ty or Russ, who should die next? :rolleyes:
Definitely Russ... I used to know who that guy was (we're allowed to say that right?), but these days he seems much shiftier. :suspish:
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 22
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Everyone is welcome to as much sushi/sashimi as they want in my absence.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 175

Post by thellama73 »

I'm probably going to be looking @Ty and Zombrella today. Ty feels like he is being led (which may not mean much because of all the civ BTSC) and Zombrella seems too eager to assume a leadership role.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Also, what do people think of FZ? I feel like she's been skulking along under the radar more than she usually does.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 164

Post by S~V~S »

thellama73 wrote:I'm probably going to be looking @Ty and Zombrella today. Ty feels like he is being led (which may not mean much because of all the civ BTSC) and Zombrella seems too eager to assume a leadership role.
Do you resent other people taking a leadership role?

I am not sure what to think about her; I have been wondering a bit about her for a few days, but someone I trust has felt otherwise. So I plan to reread her today. Ty, on the other hand, I am wondering about him for different reasons.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 122

Post by FZ. »

Sorry, for not being here for a while. I had a rough few days, and then Fridays, I'm always not around.

And llama, I'm a little disappointed in you for suggesting that a less active FZ is a bad one. Believe me, and ask whoever has played with me, when I'm a baddie, I am just as active and giving it my best as I am, when a civ.

That said, the nature of this game makes the baddies post less and keep a low profile, so I get the concern.

I think that the bloop kill was actually a safe way to go if you want a civ down, because after what went down last round, the chances of her staying in the same role were low, and with the roles rotating like that, the baddies didn't know who would be able to save who...if there's even a saver in the game. But maybe whoever killed her was afraid of her NK. No idea.

Where are we going this day? The rotations made it very hard to know who to go after.

SVS, do you still trust llama?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I have no reason not to.
Snowman
Stool Pigeon

Post by Snowman »

thellama73 wrote:Also, what do people think of FZ? I feel like she's been skulking along under the radar more than she usually does.
I think FZ is legit, and I'm 90% sure Zomberella is too, unless something changed recently. I'm leaning toward Ty.

What is the current Baddie vs. Civvie count, does anyone know?

But Bloop was going to die anyway, so was she an accidental kill that happened when a baddie targeted someone else, or does one baddie group target the other?
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

So do you want to discuss logic puzzle or not? Because I have some thoughts, but if you think it's not fair, I won't go there
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 45

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Snowman wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Also, what do people think of FZ? I feel like she's been skulking along under the radar more than she usually does.
I think FZ is legit, and I'm 90% sure Zomberella is too, unless something changed recently. I'm leaning toward Ty.

But Bloop was going to die anyway, so was she an accidental kill that happened when a baddie targeted someone else, or does one baddie group target the other?
Why don't you trust Ty?
S~V~S who are you not trusting now?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 168

Post by Zombarella »

thellama73 wrote:I'm probably going to be looking @Ty and Zombrella today. Ty feels like he is being led (which may not mean much because of all the civ BTSC) and Zombrella seems too eager to assume a leadership role.
Is that just cause I like to vote early? I'm just trying to kill baddies. I'm fine lunching Ty this round. We have so little information on him. Someone said that he's playing like a newbie baddie. That makes sense.
Turnip Head wrote:I for one welcome our new zombie and llama overlords. May their reign be long, and may their cases always be on point.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Snowman wrote:

Why don't you trust Ty?
I am not sure yet.
Do you think we should trust Ty?

And FZ, what is your idea? Can you discuss without implementing?
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

I do trust ty.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

S~V~S wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Snowman wrote:

Why don't you trust Ty?
I am not sure yet.

I see everyone implementing. When people say who they trust, we all know it's not because of their stellar baddie hunting skills. So this game is nothing like a regular mafia game. I guess the thing that's making it more balanced for the baddies. is what happened with Bloop last day. I guess that apart from the actual killing, the civvies and baddie powers move around.

I wonder if people made pacts before the first rotation started. Like we're not lynching each other until there's one baddie left, or more complicated ones, like giving signs. The way I see it, BR, LC, Russ and Splints were all defending each other last day, but there is no way they all started out together, and I don't get how they could have been four. I think Splints joined BR and LC later on, and I don't know what happened to Russ. The fact they were still protecting him makes me think there was a pact there, because if they stayed in the same family, he had to move, and they couldn't have known what his alignment was without having some sort of code.

Now LC is willing to go after Russ. I wonder what changed.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:I do trust ty.
Hmmm.....fine. But what if you both are baddies?

@FZ - I get your theory about Russ. Plus he seemed a little upset about the game turning into a 'who-defends-who' situation. That would make sense if he was Hunger and didn't have anyone to defend him. (Other than a pact - which I think was suggested by MP on the thread).

I'm still waiting to find out if Bloops was Wasatch or a civvie? That will tell us how many baddies are left.
Turnip Head wrote:I for one welcome our new zombie and llama overlords. May their reign be long, and may their cases always be on point.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Zomberella12 wrote:

@FZ - I get your theory about Russ. Plus he seemed a little upset about the game turning into a 'who-defends-who' situation. That would make sense if he was Hunger and didn't have anyone to defend him. (Other than a pact - which I think was suggested by MP on the thread).

I'm still waiting to find out if Bloops was Wasatch or a civvie? That will tell us how many baddies are left.
I don't think we're going to find out who she was, since it's a NK.
Do you think she was still a baddie?

Also, you seem to think Russ is the lone baddie. Any thoughts on who the other connected baddies are?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Snowman
Stool Pigeon

Post by Snowman »

Zomberella12 wrote:
My thoughts exactly. :knight3:
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Snowman wrote:
Zomberella12 wrote:
I doubt it. While they may rotate next round, if they're working together, chances are only one of them will, and that would leave then other one as a known baddie to the other. At this stage, I think the best option for the two baddies, is to go after one another, especially if they don't have the power of one dying before the other. That way, if they get the other killed, chances of them rotating to a civ role are higher, and they improve the civvies condition (and their own).
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sounds overthinky to me. Do you have an idea of the pattern of role-rotation, FZ.?
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

FZ. wrote:
Snowman wrote:
Zomberella12 wrote:
I doubt it. While they may rotate next round, if they're working together, chances are only one of them will, and that would leave then other one as a known baddie to the other. At this stage, I think the best option for the two baddies, is to go after one another, especially if they don't have the power of one dying before the other. That way, if they get the other killed, chances of them rotating to a civ role are higher, and they improve the civvies condition (and their own).
I wonder if that is why Blooper got NKed? Maybe she rotated to a civ role and then Freemont was vulnerable.

@ liniki: Yes, share pleez.

Is there anyway to know if the "lunch bounces off me and sticks on you" power is still in play and who might have it? (RIP Splints)
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Long Con wrote:Sounds overthinky to me. Do you have an idea of the pattern of role-rotation, FZ.?
I have some, but I'm not sure I should discuss it.
Can you tell me why you trusted BR, Splints and Russ up until this day, when it's obvious they were not your BTSC all days?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Hey, I just realized something. llama suggested that maybe Splints took the fall for Bloops because she got that power even if she wasn't a baddie. But Roxy's story says that she was the ninja, so it means that theory is wrong. In that case, I have no idea why Splints died, and there must be more secrets
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

FZ. wrote:Hey, I just realized something. llama suggested that maybe Splints took the fall for Bloops because she got that power even if she wasn't a baddie. But Roxy's story says that she was the ninja, so it means that theory is wrong. In that case, I have no idea why Splints died, and there must be more secrets
Yea i would bet that their is secrets no one knows about. Also I really don't think the baddie powers are going to the civ roles.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

FZ. wrote:
Long Con wrote:Sounds overthinky to me. Do you have an idea of the pattern of role-rotation, FZ.?
Can you tell me why you trusted BR, Splints and Russ up until this day, when it's obvious they were not your BTSC all days?
He trusted me?

I trusted him but it was not BTSC it was something thread related.

I'm still playing Mafia over here and reading and developing opinions about people not in my BTSC. I have to, I think I have been ditched. :(
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

My BTSC changed as well. I am trying to get a grip, but am having issues, tbh.

FZ, can you give us your method without using names to see if we are comfortable with it? Becasue I was with the same people for days, and am kind of out at sea right now.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 54
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Re: The Donner Party - Day 4

Post by Roxy »

The poll has been put up.

A rotation is imminent. :clap:
;)
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 34
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

FZ. wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Snowman wrote:

Why don't you trust Ty?
I am not sure yet.

I see everyone implementing. When people say who they trust, we all know it's not because of their stellar baddie hunting skills. So this game is nothing like a regular mafia game. I guess the thing that's making it more balanced for the baddies. is what happened with Bloop last day. I guess that apart from the actual killing, the civvies and baddie powers move around.

I wonder if people made pacts before the first rotation started. Like we're not lynching each other until there's one baddie left, or more complicated ones, like giving signs. The way I see it, BR, LC, Russ and Splints were all defending each other last day, but there is no way they all started out together, and I don't get how they could have been four. I think Splints joined BR and LC later on, and I don't know what happened to Russ. The fact they were still protecting him makes me think there was a pact there, because if they stayed in the same family, he had to move, and they couldn't have known what his alignment was without having some sort of code.

Now LC is willing to go after Russ. I wonder what changed.
I don't recall defending LC. Quote, please.

Also, since another rotation happened/will happen(?), I don't not trust the people I didn't trust yesterday any more. I'll be basing my vote today off of today's behavior.

It seems people (mostly FZ.) have some idea of the pattern to the role changes. Share please?

And why is the poll so short?

:workit:

I moved into my new apartment today! Exhausting but well-worth. I am so happy.

I am going out of town through Wednesday. I'll still be participating (except maybe on Wednesday itself), but just wanted people to be aware.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Snowman
Stool Pigeon

Post by Snowman »

I looks like Ty is off the menu, so I'm inclined to go after his buddy...
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

Russtifinko wrote:And why is the poll so short?
Hey, yeah! Why is the poll so short. I'm not seeing Llama, Snowman, or Ty. What's going on here? Secret secrets make me crazy :omg:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

FZ. wrote:
I don't think that's relevant any more.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Guys I'm sick (dying) and will probably not be leaving my bed today. I will vote, but I have no idea for whom yet.

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Russ, LC and BR were the only reason some of us didn't vote for you in previous days. I assumed they were grouped together with you. Now BR says she didn't trust LC for those reasons, but others, Which if I'm reading right, means that BR, you and Splints started out together and LC was not on your group. This makes me think that my evaluation was wrong and LC started out as Epi's team mate and BR was wrong, but I guess it doesn't matter any more

Before I share anything, I want you all to tell me if anyone had some sort of a pact with their team. Not asking you to tell me what it was or who was on it, just if there was anything. I think at this stage, it's crucial to know if people are defending previous buddies or not, if we want the civvies to win
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

And get better soon, llama :hugs:
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

FZ. wrote: And llama, I'm a little disappointed in you for suggesting that a less active FZ is a bad one. Believe me, and ask whoever has played with me, when I'm a baddie, I am just as active and giving it my best as I am, when a civ.
I didn't suggest you were bad. I asked what people thought of you and said you were skulking under the radar a bit. Defensive much? :ponder:

Reading back on your posts, the first few days were characterized by an almost desperate attempt to figure out the game mechanics, with almost every post being a question. That read pretty civvie to me. Your posts today seem to suggest you that you know how the role rotation works, at least to an extent, but I do not believe you know that. It's giving me pause about you.

Regarding alliances, I am, and always have been, a lone llama. :llama:

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Thank you for your get well wishes, FZ. You are a true friend. :hugs: I'm sorry that I am finding you less and less trustworthy.
FZ. wrote:
This post, for example, has me all tingly with worry. What better way to gain civ cred and ensure you're kept around for awhile than to insinuate you understand the game (which nobody else does) and can use it to the civs' advantage?

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

FZ. wrote:Russ, LC and BR were the only reason some of us didn't vote for you in previous days. I assumed they were grouped together with you. Now BR says she didn't trust LC for those reasons, but others, Which if I'm reading right, means that BR, you and Splints started out together and LC was not on your group. This makes me think that my evaluation was wrong and LC started out as Epi's team mate and BR was wrong, but I guess it doesn't matter any more

Before I share anything, I want you all to tell me if anyone had some sort of a pact with their team. Not asking you to tell me what it was or who was on it, just if there was anything. I think at this stage, it's crucial to know if people are defending previous buddies or not, if we want the civvies to win
I made no pact or secret code with my team, because I thought it was made crystal clear that anything like that would be against the rules of infodropping and role outing.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

I also have no pact, previous teammates are off my radar they could have switched bad.
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

thellama73 wrote:Thank you for your get well wishes, FZ. You are a true friend. :hugs: I'm sorry that I am finding you less and less trustworthy.
FZ. wrote:
This post, for example, has me all tingly with worry. What better way to gain civ cred and ensure you're kept around for awhile than to insinuate you understand the game (which nobody else does) and can use it to the civs' advantage?
I don't mind you finding me suspicious, but in the beginning, I felt more sure of things because I had my BTSC and I knew we were looking out for one another, and I knew more people who were civvies. I also figured out who was with who (at least most of them). But every day things change, and now it's getting harder. I never said I knew the mechanics, I know what I know from all the rounds, and I'm pretty sure I figured out some of my original BTSC's new alignments, and like Bass which I strongly believe is a civ. There is also another thing I know, but I feel uncomfortable sharing it, because I'm screwing someone when doing so. If you want to find me suspicious for that, go ahead.

I did mean it, when I said that for the baddies, this is the best time to throw your team mate under the buss.

And I don't get the "I've always been a lone llama" when it's obvious you were a Donner and had BTSC with people. Question is, what are you now.

linki: BR, have you been able to see a pattern with how your rotations have gone in terms of who stayed, who moved first and so forth?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I just meant that I have no ongoing pact other than what my current role gives me.

Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

FZ. wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Thank you for your get well wishes, FZ. You are a true friend. :hugs: I'm sorry that I am finding you less and less trustworthy.
FZ. wrote:
I don't mind you finding me suspicious, but in the beginning, I felt more sure of things because I had my BTSC and I knew we were looking out for one another, and I knew more people who were civvies. I also figured out who was with who (at least most of them). But every day things change, and now it's getting harder. I never said I knew the mechanics, I know what I know from all the rounds, and I'm pretty sure I figured out some of my original BTSC's new alignments, and like Bass which I strongly believe is a civ. There is also another thing I know, but I feel uncomfortable sharing it, because I'm screwing someone when doing so. If you want to find me suspicious for that, go ahead.

I did mean it, when I said that for the baddies, this is the best time to throw your team mate under the buss.

And I don't get the "I've always been a lone llama" when it's obvious you were a Donner and had BTSC with people. Question is, what are you now.

linki: BR, have you been able to see a pattern with how your rotations have gone in terms of who stayed, who moved first and so forth?
No, the first rotation didn't do much at all and the second rotation was completely different. New group, new roles, new people. Nothing was the same. I don't see how a pattern could be seen in this. I got a group PM so I don't know what you mean by who moved first.
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Black Rock wrote: No, the first rotation didn't do much at all and the second rotation was completely different. New group, new roles, new people. Nothing was the same. I don't see how a pattern could be seen in this. I got a group PM so I don't know what you mean by who moved first.
This is what I mean. There's no way for us to figure out how the role switches work, but FZ's statements and questions (who moved first?) either indicate she has info on the role changes (which I doubt) or she is pretending to.

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

thellama73 wrote:
Black Rock wrote: No, the first rotation didn't do much at all and the second rotation was completely different. New group, new roles, new people. Nothing was the same. I don't see how a pattern could be seen in this. I got a group PM so I don't know what you mean by who moved first.
This is what I mean. There's no way for us to figure out how the role switches work, but FZ's statements and questions (who moved first?) either indicate she has info on the role changes (which I doubt) or she is pretending to.
What if I had a pact? And Roxy approved it?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

FZ. wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
What if you just want us to think you have one?

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

thellama73 wrote:
FZ. wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
What if you just want us to think you have one?
For crying out loud, I don't want you to think anything. I feel like I'm the only one trying to understand something beyond who is supposedly acting fishy this day, because it means nothing, as evident by your foolish suspicion of me. But maybe you're just doing a good job pretending to want what's best for the civvies. Whatever.

What makes you a civ in any way? Nothing. You want to prove you're a civ, why don't you try to work together with me. Decide later if you still don't believe me, but for now, you have nothing to lose if you're really a civ at this point.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

What do you mean I have nothing to lose? I cold be night killed tomorrow. I could be lynched the day after that. I have everything to lose, and the longer I go without fnding baddies, the more likely it is that I do lose.

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

thellama73 wrote:What do you mean I have nothing to lose? I cold be night killed tomorrow. I could be lynched the day after that. I have everything to lose, and the longer I go without fnding baddies, the more likely it is that I do lose.
I mean what do you have to lose by sharing information. Who you trust, who you don't (well, we know the answer to the latter), and who was on your team the day before this one (cause I already know who was on it in the beginning). After we share information, then decide if you trust me or not. In that sense, you have nothing to lose. But we have to do it before the day ends
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

How are the names of my teammates from previous days going to help you, and how is you knowing them going to help me?

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

thellama73 wrote:How are the names of my teammates from previous days going to help you, and how is you knowing them going to help me?
For instance, you were a Donner. Which one of the Donners was first to leave, which was the second, and so on. Since then, how many died, and in what role (or power if we're allowed to discuss it). If we find a pattern of who moved first and if one of them died, in what role they died, it can help us figure out if there's a pattern we can follow. Of course, assuming we're allowed to do so (and I'm assuming we are because Roxy said we can talk about previous roles).
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

FZ. wrote:
thellama73 wrote:How are the names of my teammates from previous days going to help you, and how is you knowing them going to help me?
For instance, you were a Donner. Which one of the Donners was first to leave, which was the second, and so on. Since then, how many died, and in what role (or power if we're allowed to discuss it). If we find a pattern of who moved first and if one of them died, in what role they died, it can help us figure out if there's a pattern we can follow. Of course, assuming we're allowed to do so (and I'm assuming we are because Roxy said we can talk about previous roles).
As far as I know, all the role changes happen at the same time, so I still don't understand this "who moved first business."

I also don't think "give me all the information you have and then decide whether you trust me" is a very trustworthy thing to ask.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”