Moderator: Community Team

Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 542

Re: Death Note Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by Ricochet »

thellama73 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I love that Ricochet is already ruffling SVS's feathers. This is going to be a good game.
Yes, on a three-game streak now. Can't wait for you to say you think I'm bad by default.
I think you're bad.
Excellent.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 822

Post by DharmaHelper »

boo wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
boo wrote:I'm kind of surprised people find the L/Light one so appealing. Light starts with BTSC with one other person and has the potential for more from the sounds of the team description. That to me firmly gives the advantage of how that one works to Light, right? I mean, it could be interesting, sure, but it just seems overly risky. I mean, for the person who is L, if they are feeling extremely confident about being on their A-game, I suppose the option would make sense, but that seems like a big leap of faith for any other non-L detective to make.

some linki, will post then read
The way I see it, having an idea at any given point of who L and Light decide to put on their list and leave off their list gives us the best chance of finding Kira. It may seem risky, allowing Kira to put his team on his list and therefore make sure their votes count at least for one, but if its played right, and if we think it through right, The L/Kira option could lead us into finding more evidence against mafia. :shrug:
I mean, I get where you're coming from, and your argument for it is pretty much the sum of what makes it a good option. I just think there are too many variables that make the risk of it higher than the reward. First, what happens if L dies (which, in the early game, seems more likely to me than a baddie with BTSC going down)? Maybe it passes down, maybe Light takes a ton of control, maybe it will just be for D1 so it doesn't matter, but that right off that bat is a big enough issue that I don't like or trust the option.

From his description, Light is manipulative, so lynch manipulation in the role would seem fitting. Then there's some BTSC with the potential of more (it sounds like). It just takes a lot less effort for Light to use that option to control lynches and get away with it (a few lynches in would give Light and L a far better idea of how the weighting works than it would the thread at large, and that information would then be open to be used to greater effect to a baddie team than a lone civvie imo).

I dunno, you're right that it could work, if L is really on top of things, manages to trust and mistrust the right people without actually giving anything anyway within the thread, predicts Light correctly to manage the list in the right way, and does all of that without painting a target on their back... but that seems a lot of pressure to put on one person, and if lynches were to be run that way the whole game, I just don't see it paying off. If it were a smaller and typical baddie team instead of a team of 7 (with another team of 7), L, assuming they did an awesome job, could feasibly play it how you're hoping for, in the best case scenario. But given the baddie team set up, it just doesn't seem possible to me (I mean, if you were L, would you want what you're hoping from them to be on them all game, assuming the option decides how lynches work the entire game), cause I really wouldn't.

Admittedly its a bit of a risk, but I think it will pay off in the end. Light is as you said, already likely working with lynch manipulations. And therefore I think that the L/Light lynch option is the best way to in some measure, counteract that. I think this because:

It gives L the same authority as Light, at theoretically the same pace. Going off the idea that L and Light both start with themselves and one other person they will trust, and then as the game progresses they will each have an idea of who to leave off and put on their lists. Light will accomplish this through (assumed, likely) BTSC with his team. L will accomplish this through checking people at night and basing his trust in them off the percentage that they are Kira. Higher percentages are likely not to be on his list, lower percentages are. MP has said he will be balancing the game well, and this mechanic (to me) illustrates that balance.

Now, to address your valid point regarding what happens if L is killed. I would assume that either Near or Mello would inherit the civvie side of the list, though I could be wrong. Just basing that theory off the idea in the roles of them being the possible successors to L. If all three are dead? (meaning L, Mello, and Near) Watari. If All Four are dead? Someone from the SPK or task force. Of those options I just hashed out, Watari actually seems like he would fit as the first and best option to inherit this lynch responsibility. Of course, the same could be said of Light (what happens when/if Light is killed? who would take up the mantle? Probably Second Kira.) My point being that there are checks and balances undoubtedly in place to ensure that L and the civvies have a legit and fair shot with this option in play.

The double bluffing and deductions and intricacies of this option are what appeal to me, as well. I don't think its quite as cut and dry as Light putting his team on his list every time and therefore having a clear advantage. While it does place a lot of responsibility on L's shoulders, it does the same for Light and puts him at a very scary position, giving him one more thing to worry about possibly costing him the game if he slips up or picks wrong.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Epignosis wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Woo game! And intriguing start with it.

I was going to say I'd easily go with an experimental type of lynching for a pretty experimental game, out of which I'd prefer the L/Kira type over Secret or Nihilistic, which do not seem to me like they'd be of any help in vote analysis. But now there's a worrying detail about the L/Kira type and I'd like everyone to say if it makes sense or not:

Both L and Kira (note: I'll usually have the simple habit to refer to Light as Kira; if there are strong disagreements with this, I'll use Light) start in BTSC with another player (Watari/Ryuk); it's safe to assume both L and Kira will always add themselves and their companions in their choices. None of the sides have collective BTSC by default right now, but the Yotsuba and Kira groups are hinted to develop further in the game. I tend to believe the secrets to the roles will be very much related to the story / character traits, which means, and I hope it's no hinting in saying this, that L might get in touch with a couple more detectives, but over at Kira, his main sympathizers might either be handed DN (Death Notes) without finding out the identity of Kira, or gain contact with him. That would put the Kira camp in a bit more advantage, if the L/Kira lynch-type will truly be adopted over a long period of time.

Then again, L could compensate with his role-checking and be more aware than Kira on whom he should pick, over the same extended period of time.

But all this makes me less sure of the whole L/Kira type. It's the most temping, but also troublesome in figuring out which side is getting the advantage in it.

I can sleep on it, though (as in literally, past 1am here), and hear more thoughts before voting.

Major linkage: Ok, wow. I think a few just picked up on what I did too.
I don't understand the purpose this kind of speculating has. Damn near every role has secrets.

Major linkage? You are no good sir.
What does that have to do with what I speculated?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

boo wrote:Why are you guys saying L and Watari have BTSC? The role just says Watari knows L's identity, which to me implies Watari knows who has the role of L, not that L knows who Watari is or has a line of communication open with them.
Linki - Oops. Missed that.

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 198

Post by S~V~S »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I see that I put the cart before the horse on this poll.

Well, I don't regret my vote. Increased activity is a good thing in a game. I can see how it would hinder some players though, especially those who don't have the ability to post often and daily. Each method certainly has its positives and negatives.

Linki: Who said they have BTSC?

Linki 2: lol llama. I don't think I've ruffled her feathers... yet...
Oh joy, so this game is gonna be as much fun for me as the last. Yay.

Good Night :)
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 575

Post by thellama73 »

I'm going to assume that the baddie team has the ability to control the content of the civvies' posts, because any game with secrets apparently means we can just assume whatever we want without evidence.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Though given the whole "helps him with his operations" thing in Watari's role, its likely they share BTSC, (Also, both have secrets)

ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

DharmaHelper wrote:Though given the whole "helps him with his operations" thing in Watari's role, its likely they share BTSC, (Also, both have secrets)
It's pretty likely that Light can kill three people every night, because secrets.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

boo wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
boo wrote:Why are you guys saying L and Watari have BTSC? The role just says Watari knows L's identity, which to me implies Watari knows who has the role of L, not that L knows who Watari is or has a line of communication open with them.
It's not mentioned officially, but I have the strong feel their secrets include BTSC, stemming from the theme. Besides, how else can Watari properly "help him [L} run the logistics of his operation"?
Right, I just don't see that assumption being the best to make when we flat out know that Light has BTSC already and therefore has someone to rely on, while we do not actually know L has the same. Just seems like a way of trying to sell the option you like more in a way that isn't entirely honest.

For me, those two roles feel more like L either gets BTSC with Watari if in searching for Light he checks Watari, and/or Watari helps L by (for example) taking the hit if someone tried to NK L. If it was more civ BTSC like Raye and Naomi have, I think it would be similarly flat out stated.
I perfectly understand your own assumptions or read on the roles. I just wanted to mention that the theme and the heaviness in secret roles is inspiring me to believe many of those secret roles will have been shaped according to the theme: by which a BTSC being established between Watari and L is almost a natural thing to happen.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 675

Post by Epignosis »

Ricochet wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

I was going to say I'd easily go with an experimental type of lynching for a pretty experimental game, out of which I'd prefer the L/Kira type over Secret or Nihilistic, which do not seem to me like they'd be of any help in vote analysis. But now there's a worrying detail about the L/Kira type and I'd like everyone to say if it makes sense or not:

Both L and Kira (note: I'll usually have the simple habit to refer to Light as Kira; if there are strong disagreements with this, I'll use Light) start in BTSC with another player (Watari/Ryuk); it's safe to assume both L and Kira will always add themselves and their companions in their choices. None of the sides have collective BTSC by default right now, but the Yotsuba and Kira groups are hinted to develop further in the game. I tend to believe the secrets to the roles will be very much related to the story / character traits, which means, and I hope it's no hinting in saying this, that L might get in touch with a couple more detectives, but over at Kira, his main sympathizers might either be handed DN (Death Notes) without finding out the identity of Kira, or gain contact with him. That would put the Kira camp in a bit more advantage, if the L/Kira lynch-type will truly be adopted over a long period of time.

Then again, L could compensate with his role-checking and be more aware than Kira on whom he should pick, over the same extended period of time.

But all this makes me less sure of the whole L/Kira type. It's the most temping, but also troublesome in figuring out which side is getting the advantage in it.

I can sleep on it, though (as in literally, past 1am here), and hear more thoughts before voting.

I don't understand the purpose this kind of speculating has. Damn near every role has secrets.

You have put forth an extensive theory on Day 0. Seems extravagant to me.

But what raised my antenna was this: "and I hope it's no hinting in saying this, that L might get in touch with a couple more detectives, but over at Kira, his main sympathizers might either be handed DN (Death Notes) without finding out the identity of Kira, or gain contact with him. "

Bullshit. I am calling you out right early.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 719
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I see that I put the cart before the horse on this poll.

Well, I don't regret my vote. Increased activity is a good thing in a game. I can see how it would hinder some players though, especially those who don't have the ability to post often and daily. Each method certainly has its positives and negatives.

Linki: Who said they have BTSC?

Linki 2: lol llama. I don't think I've ruffled her feathers... yet...
Oh joy, so this game is gonna be as much fun for me as the last. Yay.

Good Night :)
I can assure you it is not intentional. I love playing with you. :hugs:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

thellama73 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Though given the whole "helps him with his operations" thing in Watari's role, its likely they share BTSC, (Also, both have secrets)
It's pretty likely that Light can kill three people every night, because secrets.
I'm not sure if its as much of a logical leap to assume that Watari and L have BTSC. The evidence is there. Its certainly possible they don't. but:

1) MP has said this game is balanced very well.
2) Light has BTSC with Ryuk
3) Watari is linked very closely with L in the show
4) The language in Watari's role suggest cooperation at the very least.

ImageImage
ImageImage
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 267
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Ya DH, I get and don't necessarily on a theoretical level disagree with what you're saying, and unlike Ricochet I think you're arguments are coming from an honest place. I just don't think we're viewing the risk/reward in the same way, and that ultimately normal and L/Light will be out top two options with people deciding if they want to play it safe with normal or be bolder and go for L/Light. It doesn't surprise me you're attracted to the risk option.

Ricochet on the other hand, I'm already feeling bad about, because it really does feel to me like he's trying to frame the discussion in a dishonest way that makes us immediately start feeling like he's L or Watari, which for me in how he's talking about things has only really served to already make me think he's Light or Ryuk.

and more linki
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Epignosis wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

You have put forth an extensive theory on Day 0. Seems extravagant to me.

But what raised my antenna was this: "and I hope it's no hinting in saying this, that L might get in touch with a couple more detectives, but over at Kira, his main sympathizers might either be handed DN (Death Notes) without finding out the identity of Kira, or gain contact with him. "

Bullshit. I am calling you out right early.
Do it then. I have already acquired the taste of others misinterpreting my intentions from minute zero.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Boomslang »

Wow, this game has already exploded... you guys are posting animals :P But hopefully things go better for me in this game than they did in Champions... still salty at DH, but I can't let that impact my play.

In terms of the lynch options, my personal responsibilities make the high poster option unappealing, and the posting time and low poster options all seem like they'd falsely limit discussion. The secret ballot and nihilistic votes give us less information to work with, leaving the normal and L/Light options. I'm intrigued by the latter option here, but I'm worried that the paranoia about which team is choosing which voters could do more harm than good. The player groupings would yield information, but information that could easily be spun in any direction. I'm going to wait a bit to choose as I see what others say.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

*VOTES RICOCHET*

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

DharmaHelper wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
I'm not sure if its as much of a logical leap to assume that Watari and L have BTSC. The evidence is there. Its certainly possible they don't. but:

1) Ok? There's already establish over civvie BTSC.
2) See 1.
3) So for the very balanced game, wouldn't potential BTSC between the two of them like the baddies seem to be capable of be more balanced?
4) I mean, I'm less surprised by cooperation between civvie roles* than I am between the lack of it with a role listed with the detectives (*who for the sake of stream-lining things I think we'll probably be referring to as the civvies, right?) that doesn't seem to cooperate with L (I mean, 2 actually Hideki and Mello both have some pretty serious anti-L potential).
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

ebwop: established other
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 98
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Spacedaisy wrote: High posting could be beneficial as it would probably force Kira to be more active, thus eliminating the likelihood of a baddie flying under the radar. But in the downside it could encourage people lynching high posters which seems counterproductive to the spirit of the game.
holy crap good call.
I think this right here is the best possible situation for us. While L/Light sound interesting, baddies can't fly under the radar if they need to talk to be able to save their teammates.

that all said i need to read the rest of the thread, but i think this is a very solid point.
Pov: you reading my takes
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Ricochet wrote:Do it then. I have already acquired the taste of others misinterpreting my intentions from minute zero.
Very well. Explain your intentions.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Elohcin »

I am surprised as well that the L and Light influenced lynch is getting considered as a good option.

There are pros and cons to the high and low posters influenced lynches. High posters influenced lynches will encourage everyone to post a lot. But, I'm afraid we will have a thread full of fluff, joking, and off topic posts. Low poster influenced lynches might discourage people from posting much, but maybe it will encourage players to have meaningful posts. I think niju is a good example oh a meaningful low poster. She always tends to post once (maybe twice) each phase. Her posts are clear, concise, and helpful (when she's good). Plus, I'm a one-handed typer atm which makes this option look appealing. (stupid tendinitis from working too hard)

A normal lynch would be most fair, however. It allow all who wish to vote have their vote count.

Silent vote will not allow us to know voting records....just stupid.

Late voters/early voters...nuts. I mean early voting will make it difficult to discuss who's bad. Late voting will mean everyone is sitting at the com/phone at the last minutes trying to get their vote in at the end. What if that is 2am eastern time....my vote would never count. This is a sill way to go about things with players from all over the world.

And random? Why even play? We can all just sit back and watch players leave the game.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

boo wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

2) See 1.
3) So for the very balanced game, wouldn't potential BTSC between the two of them like the baddies seem to be capable of be more balanced?
4) I mean, I'm less surprised by cooperation between civvie roles* than I am between the lack of it with a role listed with the detectives (*who for the sake of stream-lining things I think we'll probably be referring to as the civvies, right?) that doesn't seem to cooperate with L (I mean, 2 actually Hideki and Mello both have some pretty serious anti-L potential).
You make good points, and I can obviously see the risk in going with the L/Light option vs. the traditional lynch option. High risk does not translate to very dangerous/disadvantageous in my view though.

I can ultimately see where you're coming from and I think that while neither of us are going to budge on our picks obviously, at the least we are both presenting very good discussion for anyone who has yet to vote.

ImageImage
ImageImage
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Elohcin wrote:I am surprised as well that the L and Light influenced lynch is getting considered as a good option.

There are pros and cons to the high and low posters influenced lynches. High posters influenced lynches will encourage everyone to post a lot. But, I'm afraid we will have a thread full of fluff, joking, and off topic posts. Low poster influenced lynches might discourage people from posting much, but maybe it will encourage players to have meaningful posts. I think niju is a good example oh a meaningful low poster. She always tends to post once (maybe twice) each phase. Her posts are clear, concise, and helpful (when she's good). Plus, I'm a one-handed typer atm which makes this option look appealing. (stupid tendinitis from working too hard)

A normal lynch would be most fair, however. It allow all who wish to vote have their vote count.

Silent vote will not allow us to know voting records....just stupid.

Late voters/early voters...nuts. I mean early voting will make it difficult to discuss who's bad. Late voting will mean everyone is sitting at the com/phone at the last minutes trying to get their vote in at the end. What if that is 2am eastern time....my vote would never count. This is a sill way to go about things with players from all over the world.

And random? Why even play? We can all just sit back and watch players leave the game.
I'm glad you specified the one-handed typing, because on behalf of literally everyone other than you, tendinitis is not where my mind went.
Last edited by Tangrowth on Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: MP: Fixed OT tags
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Epignosis wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Do it then. I have already acquired the taste of others misinterpreting my intentions from minute zero.
I did. It's in that post. It's raising an issue on the L/Light type of voting based on how many connections or how much awareness could potentially form in both sides and which side would end up with more advantage, if this type of voting would be established over a long period of time.

But instead, I started pinging with preferring to name Light Kira (even though I said I'm willing to not do that), with being too drawn in by the theme and thus making too many assumptions based on it rather than relying on the specific-written roles (even though I apologized for making that logical jump) and being called a bullshitter for not being entirely sure if suggesting what BTSC connections could form is a way of hinting or not.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

DharmaHelper wrote:
boo wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

2) See 1.
You make good points, and I can obviously see the risk in going with the L/Light option vs. the traditional lynch option. High risk does not translate to very dangerous/disadvantageous in my view though.

I can ultimately see where you're coming from and I think that while neither of us are going to budge on our picks obviously, at the least we are both presenting very good discussion for anyone who has yet to vote.
Agreed, only reason I'm still posting. I've voted as well, and I'm by no means convinced I'm actually right, I just think for the people who have already checked in at least, we've pretty much establish normal and L/Light as the frontrunners and discussing it with you will be helpful to other people in addition to, in the event L/Light takes it, getting much of the discussion about the pros and cons out of the way early.

Do you have an opinion on how Ricochet handled things yet? He's on your side of the fence, so I'm wondering (since it seems Epi and MM who seem to already share my mistrust of him are looking at things with a similar bias to me) if that softens your view in comparison to people who have already expressed doubt.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

After catching up, I have no clue where I want to put my vote... Gonna go with whatever SVS decides ;airguitar:

Just a thought, Would MP put the Nihilist and Silent vote option on the poll if they weren't well balanced some how? On the surface both sound like straight up stupid ideas, but maybe there's more depth to them some how???
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Ricochet wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
I did. It's in that post. It's raising an issue on the L/Light type of voting based on how many connections or how much awareness could potentially form in both sides and which side would end up with more advantage, if this type of voting would be established over a long period of time.

But instead, I started pinging with preferring to name Light Kira (even though I said I'm willing to not do that), with being too drawn in by the theme and thus making too many assumptions based on it rather than relying on the specific-written roles (even though I apologized for making that logical jump) and being called a bullshitter for not being entirely sure if suggesting what BTSC connections could form is a way of hinting or not.
It seems likely that the Yotsuba Goup and Kira and his Sympathizers team up and become one super-baddie team with BTSC and new win conditions on Day 3.

boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

thellama73 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

It seems likely that the Yotsuba Goup and Kira and his Sympathizers team up and become one super-baddie team with BTSC and new win conditions on Day 3.
New win conditions? I think you meant get ready to go super saiyan, building it up for 58 1/2 game phases, and then win the game.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Ricochet wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

How is suggesting BTSC connections a form of hinting?

Uh, no.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

:sigh:

Good night, then.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

@Boo in regards to Ricochet, maybe I am biased (because for one I agree with him that the L/Light option is good, and I've seen Death Note and therefore understand a lot of the connections he's making regarding the lore of the show and how the lore could fit with the secrets) But I don't necessarily see anything quite yet that jumps out and says "Ricochet is bad." I think it would be premature to lock myself in on anything right now, and I don't view in particular Epignosis's suspicions of Ricochet as anything that holds water right now.

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 198

Post by S~V~S »

My deep, inner anarchist wants to go with Nihilistic lynch, but that is not a really civvie-esque option, lol. So I am going to go with Normal. The arguments for normal (and the arguments against L/Light ) make more sense to me.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 137

Post by Matahari »

I don't see anywhere that the host has said we can't ask questions, so here goes:

Host, are all the lynch choices except the last one, for one lynch only? Thank you.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Matahari wrote:I don't see anywhere that the host has said we can't ask questions, so here goes:

Host, are all the lynch choices except the last one, for one lynch only? Thank you.
Of course! Anyone may ask all the questions they want either via PM or the thread. :)

Doesn't mean they'll get an answer though. :feb:

All I have to say in response is: The options are written the way they are for specific reason.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

How is suggesting BTSC connections a form of hinting?

Uh, no.
I don't understand why this is a problem.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Matahari wrote:I don't see anywhere that the host has said we can't ask questions, so here goes:

Of course! Anyone may ask all the questions they want either via PM or the thread. :)

All I have to say in response is: The options are written the way they are for specific reason.
Is the specific reason "to sow confusion and dissent among the players"?

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

What do you think? :feb:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

No, that's why I'm here. :feb:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

What do you think? :feb:
I think you are a host after my own heart.

Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Real happy this game started.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 137

Post by Matahari »

If I thought it was a one day lynch thing, I'd be happy choosing any of those except the last. Since I don't know for certain, I may choose normal, because, because.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

I think I'm going to go l/Light just because hopefully the system will lead to Chaos and confusion that will lead to mistakes.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Made wrote:I think I'm going to go l/Light just because hopefully the system will lead to Chaos and confusion that will lead to mistakes.
Because when people think in-thread chaos and confusion, the first thing that comes to mind is a civvie advantage.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

boo wrote:
Made wrote:I think I'm going to go l/Light just because hopefully the system will lead to Chaos and confusion that will lead to mistakes.
Because when people think in-thread chaos and confusion, the first thing that comes to mind is a civvie advantage.
It does for me :shrug:

I personally live longer when know one has a clue what's going on, and the same seems to be true for a few other players. It give players a more even footing skill wise, and rewards deduction and communication in thread. Inconsistencies with logic are put on blast, and mafia is killed for such inconsistancies. This is even more true when mafia are just as unfamiliar with the system as civvies are. The situations DH listed being examples of this. Sure the list won't be public knowledge, but when people aren't being lynched that are winning the poll by popularity, questions will arise-- difficult questions.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

no one*
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I can see both sides of it. I'm happy with my vote, but won't be disappointed if normal lynch wins either.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

thellama73 wrote:I can see both sides of it. I'm happy with my vote, but won't be disappointed if normal lynch wins either.
Ultimately I understand if a normal lynch wins out, But I'm very hopeful that it doesn't. Every bit of me wants this game to be challenging and unique and fun and I'm literally electric with excitement at the idea of that L/Light mechanic.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DharmaHelper wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I can see both sides of it. I'm happy with my vote, but won't be disappointed if normal lynch wins either.
Ultimately I understand if a normal lynch wins out, But I'm very hopeful that it doesn't. Every bit of me wants this game to be challenging and unique and fun and I'm literally electric with excitement at the idea of that L/Light mechanic.
If I could change my vote I would, for this reason.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Locking in L/Light
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Also-- just an observation, MM, don't you always find out the hard way that votes aren't or are changeable? Like the last 3-4 games I remember play with you, you've done that.

Return to “Previous Jobs”