Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 267
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Death Note Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by boo »

Elohcin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I made a list of four people that I would vote for on Day 1. Turnip Head is one of those, although not for the same reasoning you raised, llama.
Am I on your list?
No. I like you.

In fact, so that no one accuses me of being opportunistic or jumping onto other people's cases, I'll name the quartet now:

Ricochet, Turnip Head, spacedaisy, and FZ.
Why these four?
Question seconded, but I want to expand.

I get Ricochet and agree. I get TH and haven't landed anywhere yet myself on it. I get SD and to a lesser extent FZ, but would have to question how those 2 make the list and MM, Snowman, DP, Ace, and Boomslang don't when SD (and sort of FZ) are probably being placed on the list for the same reasons.

So, that makes me think either MM, Snowman, DP, Ace, and Boomslang are being left off because Epi is bad (or I suppose could have civvie BTSC since in this game it looks like we're just starting with 2 baddies and 2 civvies having BTSC) and one of them is his BTSC teammate, Epi could be any alignment (I'd still be leaning bad) and wants to lynch Rico or TH but just threw SD and FZ onto his list to round it out, or Epi reached putting SD and FZ on his list in a different way than I did that didn't allow for the extra 4 I have to also be on his.

That stopped seeming like a question for Epi at some point... but anyways Epi, thoughts?
Banners
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 822

Post by DharmaHelper »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:
Epignosis wrote: 1. DharmaHelper pushed for the MOST anti civilian position there was. He supported a Day 0 option that could make it possible for your vote not to count, your enemy's vote to count more, and for two Mafia to have info that only one civilian would have. Operating under the assumption that all Yotsuba are bad, he gave one random case where civilians benefited from that option (and ignored hundreds of cases where they didn't).
Yeah, and then right away decided that he was going to target people who vocally disagree with him. I can understand being civ and genuinely thinking that L/Light is beneficial (though I and others obviously don't agree at all with that), but it's really not very civ to want to lynch people just for disagreeing with you. I think he's just trying to confuse the more wishy-washy civ posters and get some civ lynches before he gets killed - which would make sense if he has a non-critical baddie role.
When did I say I suspect anyone solely for them disagreeing with me? When did I say I want to lynch these dissenters? Please point this out.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 114

Post by triceratopzeuhl »

well I was referring to this:
DharmaHelper wrote: Trice made a similar post, which I will link here:
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 58#p114856

Attempting to put suspicion onto L/Light voters (and keep it there), thereby keeping the spotlight off of any of the other voters.
Which is a deliberate misinterpretation of what I said, there's nothing in my post about keeping spotlight off anybody at all. You'll notice I'm still waiting for Russ and Snowman to explain their votes.

I may have misread your tone though, could be honest mistake on your part but it sounds more like you're mad that I didn't support L/Light
[EMM winner placeholder] ImageImage
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

To clarify, I said "this is the top reason to look at L/Light posters" which is not at all the same thing as "we need to look primarily at L/Light posters because of this"
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 675

Post by Epignosis »

For some reason, I just experienced extreme deja vu. No idea why.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 98
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Ok, this is high level stuff. Like fuck, it's only day one and i barely know what's going on, and not in a fun chaotic way.
Pov: you reading my takes
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:well I was referring to this:

Attempting to put suspicion onto L/Light voters (and keep it there), thereby keeping the spotlight off of any of the other voters.
Which is a deliberate misinterpretation of what I said, there's nothing in my post about keeping spotlight off anybody at all. You'll notice I'm still waiting for Russ and Snowman to explain their votes.

I may have misread your tone though, could be honest mistake on your part but it sounds more like you're mad that I didn't support L/Light
My turn to clarify. What you said was "This is the #1 reason to look at L/Light voters over the next few days." (Paraphrasing because I'm typing up another post and dont feel like opening another tab to get the exact quote, but feel free to correct me.

What I took out of that was that you wanted to dial in on L/Light voters specifically (something that would take effort and attention from elsewhere) And secondly, that you wanted to carry this over multiple days of discussion. Focusing on something like that for that long raised my eyebrow. It has nothing to do with me being mad at your vote.

ImageImage
ImageImage
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:
Epignosis wrote: 1. DharmaHelper pushed for the MOST anti civilian position there was. He supported a Day 0 option that could make it possible for your vote not to count, your enemy's vote to count more, and for two Mafia to have info that only one civilian would have. Operating under the assumption that all Yotsuba are bad, he gave one random case where civilians benefited from that option (and ignored hundreds of cases where they didn't).
Yeah, and then right away decided that he was going to target people who vocally disagree with him. I can understand being civ and genuinely thinking that L/Light is beneficial (though I and others obviously don't agree at all with that), but it's really not very civ to want to lynch people just for disagreeing with you. I think he's just trying to confuse the more wishy-washy civ posters and get some civ lynches before he gets killed - which would make sense if he has a non-critical baddie role.
I'm going to disagree with you on this for right now at least. DH and I were not in agreement, and had one of the longer discussions on it. DH isn't (at least so far) talking in a way that makes me think he's tempted to vote for me today, so while he is talking about lynching people who disagreed with him, I don't think that's his focus (TH for example was wishy-washy and made it to being one of DH's primaries I think).

@DH: I had asked you about Ricochet when he first pinged me (and several others). At that time, he seemed to be pretty solidly agreeing with you that L/Light was the right choice, but as things went on he went back and forth like TH did, so I'm curious if your opinion has changed on him to reflect that.

linki: trice, I think he was including you in talking about it in a similar way to Zomberella (trying to push suspicion onto ALL L/Light voters just for voting the option). I agree with him on her, and get what he means in regards to you I think, but of the two would say what Zomberella was saying was... more worrying because there was an extent of trying to suggest an idea without taking charge of it which I don't trust that was definitely there in her post, whereas you're just doing you. She's one of like the 12 names I'd put on my list if I were to make an exhaustive one of people I can myself voting for already, but narrowing it down, she wouldn't crack the top 5 I don't think, although I'm going to guess that wouldn't be true of DH.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Snowman
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Snowman »

thellama73 wrote:I did notice Zombrella answering on Snowman's http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smil ... opcorn.gif, and I admit that is something that always raises my eyebrow as well.
Wait, what? I've been at work all day, what's going on? I should probably read those eight pages of super-long comments. I even tried to watch a little of Death Note, but I slipped into a boredom coma.

Ok, let's do this! Who's Kirin? :ponder:
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

Look closely at =/= lynch. Anyway seems we both misrepresent each other's intent here, I'll try to be more clear going forward
Epignosis wrote:For some reason, I just experienced extreme deja vu. No idea why.
must've been a good piss
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

snowman now that you're back, please explain why you think early voter influenced lynch is even remotely a good idea
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

boo wrote:I'm going to go ahead and point out what to me is blatantly obvious but has some how gone undiscussed in what Epi and DH have already been talking about re: the mafia (maybe, kinda, sorta) teams. Remember Bioshock. That MP game where I was right on the nose about the breakdown of roles from the get-go, outlining it in detail on D4 when I was killed for being right? Because I do.

Now, I don't know about this theme, but here's what seems obvious from the roles.

1) Not all detectives are actually civvies, because right in the description they have anti-L leanings, and at least one of them mentions going to 'the mafia' (that's mello). Now, I don't know if the Yotsuba group are gangsters or not, and are like an actual mafia, but that was my assumption based on what the story seems to be about. If that isn't in the case, it could refer to either (or some weird ass combination?) of the two non-detective groups.

2) The detectives need all Kira's dead. Plain and simple. They also need justice to prevail. Now, that could just be flavour about what happens when the Kira's are dead, but that seems wrong, so I think for the sake of simplicity, we can treat their win conditions as all Kira's being dead and ???, probably dependent on the role and not as a whole group (since as a group they are conflicted).

3) We have no idea what the Yotsuba's need to do to win. We do know they don't have BTSC to start, and we do know Higuchi (the leader of the 'team' I guess) is the third kira (suggesting to me the first and second kira need to die or some chain of events need to occur for them to lose the NK and it to go to Higuchi). Once Higuchi has a death note (and is therefore able to start killing) they all get to start giving input for how they want to kill. After one kill, one role gets a call. After 2, another role brings a bunch of the other people in the group together (that would seem to suggest BTSC to me). Now, one of those 4 vanilla looking roles isn't even mentioned as being invited to the secret meeting, so either that would make sense as the caller, or the role that was added to the game when we went from 26 to 27 (and probably just needs to be added to the invite).

Now, I still think they're a mafia team. The description to me sounds like they have a unified win condition, and 4 roles have no description or secrets, so I would assume they have none. Add to that the fact that they can kill, and the method for BTSC while not clear cut seems reasonably easy to puzzle out. The one thing I am thinking, is that since Higuchi is just a tool of Kira #1, maybe that's some sort of traitor role, and at some point (or if conditions are met) maybe the conditions of all those roles change (or maybe they don't even have any to start, and learn them down the line).

All that to say, someone in the Yotsuba group dies, I would count that as a win that while not as good as killing a Kira (or anyone that is part of the second sympathizer team) since the detective conditions are not as clear cut as some people would seem to like them to be. Which makes the kill priority: Kira = Kira 2 = Kira 3 = Kira X, a sympathizer is better than a yotsuba group member but a yotsuba member isn't a bad catch. Then maybe 1 or 2 detectives who it wouldn't be sad to see go, but just because they don't agree with L as a role doesn't even mean the player in the role wants him dead, so I wouldn't be happy if they died or count it as a win. Then we have the indy, and I have no idea where to place it.

4) Then lets round it out. We have Kira and the sympathizers. This seems like the really clear cut mafia team. We know they need the detectives dead, and then a utopian world order has to be started (Light hates criminals, my assumption is the Yatsuba group are gangsters, I assume Light and co need at least some of those roles dead to win).

So, to me it boils down simpler than Bioshock was, while still being unconventional.

The Detectives are civvies. Within the group are possible traitors or traitor-like roles who may just not get a say in what happens to their win conditions.

Kira and the Sympathizers are mafia.

The Yotsuba group are like solo-baddies to start I think (or at least that's how we can treat them), and maybe some of them can become part of a team of baddies, or maybe some can become indies. The Higuchi wiki link Epi posted doesn't really clear up what happens with the spoiler stuff he talked about for me to puzzle that out, but it seems like anyone who is familiar with the material should be able to clear that up well enough to set up reasonable expectations.

Then the indie. A best guess of stuff like win-with-anyone, SK, or join a team, again seems like something anyone with familiarity should be able to help us out with.
I do not think it's a good idea to start carving up civilians because of potential secret win conditions. The detective win condition and the Kira / Sympathizer win condition should be treated literally, because it's there for us to read. The Yotsuba win condition may be troublesome, but based on my understanding of their place in the canon, I would leave them alone (excepting the Kira). As for the single independent, no idea.

My major issue with this post is that you are adding win conditions to the civilians. "They also need justice to prevail" is not an objective win condition. Neither is anything about a "Utopian world order." Leave it alone. If the detectives are still alive, the Kira cannnot win.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

DharmaHelper wrote:
triceratopzeuhl wrote:well I was referring to this:

My turn to clarify. What you said was "This is the #1 reason to look at L/Light voters over the next few days." (Paraphrasing because I'm typing up another post and dont feel like opening another tab to get the exact quote, but feel free to correct me.

What I took out of that was that you wanted to dial in on L/Light voters specifically (something that would take effort and attention from elsewhere) And secondly, that you wanted to carry this over multiple days of discussion. Focusing on something like that for that long raised my eyebrow. It has nothing to do with me being mad at your vote.
lacking context, that sounds awfully heavy handed. If the above were lead by an agenda/ulterior motive, wouldn't Triceratops (do you have a nickname friend) be more subtle about where he wanted the thread to go.
Was the phrasing stiff? Ues. Not sure if that means anything.
Regardless, setting parameters on where discussion should go this early seems like a poor idea to me.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I want to lay this out there too:

DH thinks I'm bad because I think most of the Yotsuba are independents.

If you are bad, what's a clever strategy when you don't have BTSC with more than one person? Widen the net of potential bad guys maybe?
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

Made wrote:wouldn't Triceratops (do you have a nickname friend)
Trice works
Made
Hitman

Re: Death Note Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by Made »

And Re Epi:
Epignosis wrote: My major issue with this post is that you are adding win conditions to the civilians. "They also need justice to prevail" is not an objective win condition.
MovingPictures07 wrote: All I have to say in response is: The options are written the way they are for specific reason.
Responses from MP like the above make me think that "Justice prevail" and "utopia" might have meanings in the grand scheme of things. That said, I think we shouldn't speculate too much on what those could possibly mean.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:My first suspect is Epi, for the following reasons:

1. His exchange with me regarding the lynch options felt to me as though he was being obtuse and intentionally missing much of the point.
2. His attack on Ricochet feels opportunistic, hasty and ill-thought out.
3. He's literally saying "Hey lets not lynch ALL the mafia, am I right guys?"

Believe it or not, Epi is not my strongest suspect and I would probably not vote for him if the lynch was right now. Having played with Epi several times I am aware that what often seems like intentional shiftyness is just him being him.
1. I can't help it if I'm right and you aren't. So sorry.
2. Maybe. All of the above?
3. Ah. Yes. My master stroke. Well played DH.

I refuse to turn this into Epignosis vs. DH. I think that's what he's counting on.

No wait, I will. Let's do it. Counterpoints:

1. DharmaHelper pushed for the MOST anti civilian position there was. He supported a Day 0 option that could make it possible for your vote not to count, your enemy's vote to count more, and for two Mafia to have info that only one civilian would have. Operating under the assumption that all Yotsuba are bad, he gave one random case where civilians benefited from that option (and ignored hundreds of cases where they didn't).

I don't see L/Light as the MOST anti civilian option. I think that would be secret ballot. I've spent several posts explaining how the L/Light mechanic could have been used to civ advantage. You do however have me dead to rights in one regard. I did not post any of the hundreds of permutations of the L/Light mechanic that gave the mafia the advantage. Correctomundo. The one example I did use was a completely randomized example that happened to be civ friendly. It is of course not the only civ friendly example, nor the best example, but it illustrated my point that the L/Light mechanic was not as Light favorable as most people would believe.

2. DharmaHelper is upset that people don't participate or "play the game," but when I do, it's opportunistic, hasty, and ill-thought out. I wonder why that is. DH, what do you think of Ricochet?
Your participation is not at issue, And I don't appreciate you framing my suspicion of you in that light, because it's dishonest and not what I said or intended. Your suspicion of Rico is what is at issue. I found it to be premature and tunnel-visiony. As for my thoughts on Rico, initially I agreed with his points regarding the L mechanic and L/Wat. I do find it odd that his vote did not reflect his spirited discussion regarding L and the L/Light mechanic. I would suspect him less if he stuck to his guns in that situation, but I don't see him as Public Enemy #1.

3. DharmaHelper can read better than this. I play D&D with him. He notices the most minute details, even making fun of some of us like leggyorlyb and me in the process for missing things. And yet he misrepresents what I've said about win conditions (and misuses the word "literally," which is even worse). For the record, my position is this: Lynch all Mafia, but only four people actually are Mafia. They just happen to exist in two factions. One in Yotsuba, and three in the Sympathizers. If you must lynch secondary Mafia to get to the Kiras, fine. But the Kiras a top priority. I believe DharmaHelper is being shady. I do not know why.

The last time someone told me I was "better than this" in a mafia game did not go over so well. Alright, let me see if I have this right. You're saying that the only people we need to kill to win are the Kiras. What I'm saying is that these Kiras have teammates that are likely not civ-friendly, and that makes them all "mafia" in a simplistic sense. boo laid this out, so I won't, Instead I will say that I take no issue with lynching Sympathizers or Yotsuba. Nor do I think that cases pinning anyone as a Sympathizer or Yotsuba subordinate should be discounted. Lynching Sympathizers and Subordinates will give us the information we need to find the Kiras. What I feel like you're saying is that ONLY the Kiras pose a threat and therefore ONLY the Kiras should be lynch targets.

Here is what I want DH to answer: Why do you think the detectives, a group of 12, have to lynch 14 players in order to win?
That's a good question. Maybe not all 14, but I won't shy away from lynching them either, which you seem willing to do. At the end of the day the Detectives are the civvies, so lynching anyone other than them is necessary.

Addendum: Ain't reading boo until I piss.
@Boo I answer RE: Rico in this post. Basically, I was not looking at him until he shifted gears, and now I am. But on the same token, I'm not as sold as Lllama or Epi are.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Death Note Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by Epignosis »

Made wrote:And Re Epi:
Epignosis wrote: My major issue with this post is that you are adding win conditions to the civilians. "They also need justice to prevail" is not an objective win condition.
MovingPictures07 wrote: All I have to say in response is: The options are written the way they are for specific reason.
Responses from MP like the above make me think that "Justice prevail" and "utopia" might have meanings in the grand scheme of things. That said, I think we shouldn't speculate too much on what those could possibly mean.
Mmm. No sir. MP was talking about the Day 0 voting choices, not the win conditions.
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

I haven't watched Death Note at all, but doesn't "justice has prevailed" sound like the exact same thing as "all killers have been stopped?" I assumed it's just an in-universe dramatic flair
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DH, you're not on a phone. Would it kill you to add quote tags like I do? Jesus.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:Look closely at =/= lynch. Anyway seems we both misrepresent each other's intent here, I'll try to be more clear going forward
Epignosis wrote:For some reason, I just experienced extreme deja vu. No idea why.
must've been a good piss
"Look closely at" did at the time imply to me "Focus on" and in my experience, those that are focused on are likely lynched. Mostly because the ones focusing on these major suspects are the only ones posting and contributing.

Your responses seem level headed enough though.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:I want to lay this out there too:

If you are bad, what's a clever strategy when you don't have BTSC with more than one person? Widen the net of potential bad guys maybe?
I think you may be bad for several reasons. Being purposefully obtuse being one of them, for example. Add to that your recent framing of my posts in a clearly false and flawed light, and the semblance of a case is there. ;)

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:DH, you're not on a phone. Would it kill you to add quote tags like I do? Jesus.
Then I have to scroll back up and down and shit when I'm typing responses. Nah.

ImageImage
ImageImage
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

Isn't Epignosis an English teacher? If he's obtuse, it's probably force of habit.
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

I meant to use sarcasm colour there but forgot
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:I don't see L/Light as the MOST anti civilian option. I think that would be secret ballot. I've spent several posts explaining how the L/Light mechanic could have been used to civ advantage. You do however have me dead to rights in one regard. I did not post any of the hundreds of permutations of the L/Light mechanic that gave the mafia the advantage. Correctomundo. The one example I did use was a completely randomized example that happened to be civ friendly. It is of course not the only civ friendly example, nor the best example, but it illustrated my point that the L/Light mechanic was not as Light favorable as most people would believe.
Meaning you stink at math. Sorry- I will never waver nor be persuaded that the option you picked on Day 0 is civilian-friendly. It isn't, and I demonstrated it in my scenario, and I maintain that you failed in yours.
DharmaHelper wrote:Your participation is not at issue, And I don't appreciate you framing my suspicion of you in that light, because it's dishonest and not what I said or intended. Your suspicion of Rico is what is at issue. I found it to be premature and tunnel-visiony. As for my thoughts on Rico, initially I agreed with his points regarding the L mechanic and L/Wat. I do find it odd that his vote did not reflect his spirited discussion regarding L and the L/Light mechanic. I would suspect him less if he stuck to his guns in that situation, but I don't see him as Public Enemy #1.
Tunnel vision is better than short-sightedness my friend. ;)

DharmaHelper wrote:The last time someone told me I was "better than this" in a mafia game did not go over so well. Alright, let me see if I have this right. You're saying that the only people we need to kill to win are the Kiras. What I'm saying is that these Kiras have teammates that are likely not civ-friendly, and that makes them all "mafia" in a simplistic sense. boo laid this out, so I won't, Instead I will say that I take no issue with lynching Sympathizers or Yotsuba. Nor do I think that cases pinning anyone as a Sympathizer or Yotsuba subordinate should be discounted. Lynching Sympathizers and Subordinates will give us the information we need to find the Kiras. What I feel like you're saying is that ONLY the Kiras pose a threat and therefore ONLY the Kiras should be lynch targets.
Yes. Precisely. Kiras SHOULD be the only lynch targets. Thank you. Because that makes the detectives win. Which is what I've been trying to tell you.

I don't think you are a detective DH. You'd be hotter than this if you were. No offense, but if you ARE a detective, then you are making your win condition harder than it is.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:

I think you may be bad for several reasons. Being purposefully obtuse being one of them, for example. Add to that your recent framing of my posts in a clearly false and flawed light, and the semblance of a case is there. ;)
Adverbs, dude.

And what posts are those?
Snowman
Stool Pigeon

Post by Snowman »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:snowman now that you're back, please explain why you think early voter influenced lynch is even remotely a good idea
Lol, because I was usually the first to vote in the Donner game, totally self-serving. Guess no one else agreed. :sigh:
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Are you a detective Epi? Because at this point I'm really thinking you're one of the Yatsuba that isn't the Kira third one, and that even you don't know what to make of it.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Snowman
Stool Pigeon

Post by Snowman »

Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

Adverbs, dude.

hah, grammar burn :flamed:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Meaning you stink at math. Sorry- I will never waver nor be persuaded that the option you picked on Day 0 is civilian-friendly. It isn't, and I demonstrated it in my scenario, and I maintain that you failed in yours.
Meaning I did not see the point in explaining thousands of individual options. So the scenario I presented wherein the majority of not only normal but buffed voters were civilian was not a civ-friendly scenario? Who stinks at math?
Tunnel vision is better than short-sightedness my friend.
This is the shit that annoys me about you, you answer my posts without answering my questions.
Yes. Precisely. Kiras SHOULD be the only lynch targets. Thank you. Because that makes the detectives win. Which is what I've been trying to tell you.

I don't think you are a detective DH. You'd be hotter than this if you were. No offense, but if you ARE a detective, then you are making your win condition harder than it is.
Wrong. Kiras should be the *primary* lynch targets, but not the *only* lynch targets. Lynching for example, Ryuk, could lead to lynching Light,

Linki:

The post where you said I suspect you for participating, which was untrue.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

boo wrote:Are you a detective Epi? Because at this point I'm really thinking you're one of the Yatsuba that isn't the Kira third one, and that even you don't know what to make of it.
I refuse to role claim.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 575

Post by thellama73 »

Snowman wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

Adverbs, dude.

Epi has a theory that the Mafia use adverbs more than civvies do.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:
boo wrote:Are you a detective Epi? Because at this point I'm really thinking you're one of the Yatsuba that isn't the Kira third one, and that even you don't know what to make of it.
I refuse to role claim.
:clap:
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Meaning I did not see the point in explaining thousands of individual options. So the scenario I presented wherein the majority of not only normal but buffed voters were civilian was not a civ-friendly scenario? Who stinks at math?
This is the shit that annoys me about you, you answer my posts without answering my questions.

Wrong. Kiras should be the *primary* lynch targets, but not the *only* lynch targets. Lynching for example, Ryuk, could lead to lynching Light,

Linki:

Yeah, okay DH. I don't know how to play Mafia. :shrug:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

Linki:

Again not what I said and you're well aware of it. At this point you're just riling me up for giggles, which I understand. What you should understand is that it will not work, and will blow up in your face.

ImageImage
ImageImage
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Epignosis wrote:
I refuse to role claim.
So I'm in the general area then, since my question was no different than 'are you civvie' and went unanswered.

Are you civvie in the typical understanding of the meaning?

Or are you just evading the LDer you think is in the game?
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

thellama73 wrote:
Snowman wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

Adverbs, dude.

Epi has a theory that the Mafia use adverbs more than civvies do.
It's not a theory- it's true, and it's neat because Mafia usually misunderstand it. GUILTY people use unnecessary adverbs more than innocent people. So now watch for people trying NOT to use adverbs and still looking clumsy. It's funny as hell.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

boo wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
I refuse to role claim.
So I'm in the general area then, since my question was no different than 'are you civvie' and went unanswered.

Are you civvie in the typical understanding of the meaning?

Or are you just evading the LDer you think is in the game?
I will never say "I am a civvie." I will never say anything of the sort. I refuse to make statements for the express purpose of a lie detector checking me. I refuse to out someone else. I refuse to info-dump. I reference win conditions in the third person. I never say "I need Mafia dead to win."

Just how it's going to be always.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epi (and anyone else) What do you think of this:
WhileHiguchi possesses a Death Note, every night all members of Yotsuba decide on whom Kira should kill.
Not "Once" he possesses it, but "While" he has it, meaning he could lose it? And his team would lose their kill?

ImageImage
ImageImage
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

Snowman wrote:
triceratopzeuhl wrote:snowman now that you're back, please explain why you think early voter influenced lynch is even remotely a good idea
Lol, because I was usually the first to vote in the Donner game, totally self-serving. Guess no one else agreed. :sigh:

Early voting is a good way to miss out on discussion, miss out on opportunities for baddies to slip up, and in general not help your team at all. It was a little different in Donner because of the ability to revote.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 1001
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

My personal theory is that the ability to NK is granted by possessing a Death Note, and that Death Notes can change hands, or there might be more than one of them.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:Epi (and anyone else) What do you think of this:
WhileHiguchi possesses a Death Note, every night all members of Yotsuba decide on whom Kira should kill.
Not "Once" he possesses it, but "While" he has it, meaning he could lose it? And his team would lose their kill?
That is very specific language. I have not seen the whole show, but um...

*SPOILERS*
He gets it and dies with it. I don't think it's going anywhere.
*END SPOILERS*
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

Linki:

Again not what I said and you're well aware of it. At this point you're just riling me up for giggles, which I understand. What you should understand is that it will not work, and will blow up in your face.
It will? Why is that?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Turnip Head wrote:My personal theory is that the ability to NK is granted by possessing a Death Note, and that Death Notes can change hands, or there might be more than one of them.
Based on the wording of the roles, I think this is probably correct.

boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Epi, I think you have a habit of answering questions without answering them. I think you do the same thing with asking them. Would you agree?
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

Linki:

It will? Why is that?
Ever hear "Let sleeping dogs lie" ?

Don't tug on Supermans cape? Don't spit into the wind? Don't pull the mask of the old Lone Ranger? Don't mess around with...DH ;)

Adding:
Ryuk, Sidoh, and Rem are the Shiningami in the game, right? So their Death Notes are in circulation?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

boo wrote:Epi, I think you have a habit of answering questions without answering them. I think you do the same thing with asking them. Would you agree?
Sorry, boo, this makes no sense to me.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

Linki:

It will? Why is that?
Ever hear "Let sleeping dogs lie" ?

Don't tug on Supermans cape? Don't spit into the wind? Don't pull the mask of the old Lone Ranger? Don't mess around with...DH ;)

Adding:
Ryuk, Sidoh, and Rem are the Shiningami in the game, right? So their Death Notes are in circulation?
Hey Jim Croce. I can play "Time in a Bottle" AND "Operator." I am better than you,
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Epignosis wrote:
boo wrote:Epi, I think you have a habit of answering questions without answering them. I think you do the same thing with asking them. Would you agree?
Sorry, boo, this makes no sense to me.
What's tripping you up?
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.

Return to “Previous Jobs”