Death Note Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 179
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Re: Death Note Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by bea »

lol - svs -somehow we linkied and I never saw it. doh.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 542

Post by Ricochet »

S~V~S wrote: @Ricochet (won't call you Chet since you don't want to be called that), generally the theme is secondary to the Mafia. Otherwise people who were unfamiliar with the theme would not play, or would be unable to follow if they did. There is still lots of theme to go around, but you don't NEED to know it in order to effectively play. That can be a bummer if you are way into the theme, but sometimes it does transcend and you get the real feel of the theme. The Harry Potter game here was like that. Although that could be because HP is a theme with which most people are familiar.
I get that and wouldn't try to suggest any more familiarity to a game's theme than needed or that the Host projects. I only meant when some players are taking a purist approach and disregard the "potentiality" of a theme or even start off hunting those who show more affinity for it: for instance, how Voopy was hunted for posting more off-topic (although ironically on-topic) D0 content, as an arguable fan of Film theme and thus influenced to do that; or how right now theme speculators are pinging or being outright mocked. Yeah, I know I only referenced Llama in both cases, but still...

Linki: I meant more when I wake up (9-10am-ish) and at least until noon, I still see you being active. Isn't that 3-4am over at you?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

EBWOP: linki @ SVS
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

linkie - at me? yea - it's totes 5:38 here. I'm eating dinner and going to bed as soon as I'm done eating. :)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 198

Post by S~V~S »

I get up about 4:30 so yeah.

And yes, re the approach. Llama and I tradionally disagree about that. I have gone after him hard for being anti speculation (read: discussion) in the past. That was why I never bought into his Vomps case although I took flack for it; I could see him being energized and thus more involved via the theme.

But much as I don't like it, I have come to accept that this is his normal, and how the game is fun for him.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 575

Post by thellama73 »

Ricochet wrote: The player who accuses me of pondering too much on my voting option and being tactical about it (even if I was consistent in deciding to reflect more on it, but he's not the kind of player to care for such details, anyway) is someone who started the game by saying he'll wait for more opinions, waited a whooping 13 minutes, then simply voted for what he wanted anyway (or went along with DH's explanations), only for the rest of D0 to have more and more doubts, especially after hearing reasonings from boo, SVS or Epignosis.
No need to be coy. You can call me out by name.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:I get up about 4:30 so yeah.

And yes, re the approach. Llama and I tradionally disagree about that. I have gone after him hard for being anti speculation (read: discussion) in the past. That was why I never bought into his Vomps case although I took flack for it; I could see him being energized and thus more involved via the theme.

But much as I don't like it, I have come to accept that this is his normal, and how the game is fun for him.
I'm not anti-discussion. I just don't see why I have to consider all lines of discussion equally productive.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

goosey is right - you really are ron swanson. On that -I'm off to bed for a few hours.

Please try not to burn the thread while I nap kiddies. :) <3
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Is testosterone flammable?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:Is testosterone flammable?
No, it's inflammable.

FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 522

Post by FZ. »

Bea, to your question, my answer is if I had to choose one that was baddie out of the two, it would be DH because Epi seemed like a frustrated civ, and I think baddie epi would not let frustration get out, as seen in the Donner game. It still doesn't mean he can't be one of the roles that could later align with the baddies, if I understood anything from that long conversation.
But I just couldn't be bothered with their back and forth, so I don't really think anything of DH at the moment either.

Since almost no one has BTSC, it's going to be hard to use voting records or connections between players, so at this point I can see everyone legitimately trying to baddie hunt and don't expect to see much defending, which is definitely going to make things harder for the civvies.

That's where I'm at. Sorry for not having anything worth while to add. There is one thing I am looking at, but I'll keep it to myself for now
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 675

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:Sorry that I am boring you, Epi! I'm not tied to anyone though.
The "boring" comment was a joke based on what Aces said. ;)
Turnip Head wrote:Epi, how do you know that the other, non-Kira members of the baddie teams cannot become new Kiras if they get their hands on a Death Note? To me, it seems safer to get rid of them all, but I agree that exterminating the Kiras first would be optimal.
I don't. But unlike others, I don't make things up- I go by what I can actually read until something happens that contradicts what I read.
S~V~S wrote:That said, mystery win conditions, potential future BTS based on the role descriptions, and a Kira with a possible death note don't sound like a civvie group, Epi.
I didn't say they were a "civvie group."

Spacedaisy wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I made a list of four people that I would vote for on Day 1. Turnip Head is one of those, although not for the same reasoning you raised, llama.
Am I on your list?
No. I like you.

In fact, so that no one accuses me of being opportunistic or jumping onto other people's cases, I'll name the quartet now:

Ricochet, Turnip Head, spacedaisy, and FZ.
Why these four?
I believe Ricochet was being deceptive in his Day 0 questions. I think he was pretending to be clueless. He is not clueless. He is very smart. Even he knew that Simon Railton belong in the Eclectic category but sucked beyond belief! I think Ricochet is bad.

Turnip Head? TH has been boring beyond belief. Also I think he is tied to another player.

spacedaisy voted Day 0 and didn't say why. I think spacedaisy is bad with FZ. FZ. also has been absent. I think these two are unsure of what to say.
Epi this doesn't make sense to me. I said quite a bit in my analysis of the options earlier in the day and explained where I was leaning. I just didn't say it at the moment of my vote because I was in a rush at that time. Had I been caught up maybe my vote would have been different, I don't know. Probably not because I still liked the idea of trying out something new. I didn't say as much as you did, no. Because I was busy playing mod this morning/afternoon and I wasn't in a pissing contest with DH like you were. I can understand your suspicion, but your reasoning for including me on the short list seems hollow to me.
It's Day 1. Most any reason is going to seem hallow. That doesn't stop me from voicing them.
FZ. wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I made a list of four people that I would vote for on Day 1. Turnip Head is one of those, although not for the same reasoning you raised, llama.
Am I on your list?
No. I like you.

In fact, so that no one accuses me of being opportunistic or jumping onto other people's cases, I'll name the quartet now:

Ricochet, Turnip Head, spacedaisy, and FZ.
Why these four?
I believe Ricochet was being deceptive in his Day 0 questions. I think he was pretending to be clueless. He is not clueless. He is very smart. Even he knew that Simon Railton belong in the Eclectic category but sucked beyond belief! I think Ricochet is bad.

Turnip Head? TH has been boring beyond belief. Also I think he is tied to another player.

spacedaisy voted Day 0 and didn't say why. I think spacedaisy is bad with FZ. FZ. also has been absent. I think these two are unsure of what to say.
:haha:
Sorry, I'm just not in the mood to play, and at this point, the only reason I'm playing is not to disappoint MP. And this is a shitty reason for thinking I'm bad.
You are right about me not knowing what to say, though. With my lack of enthusiasm and the posting diarrhea that's been going on here, all I'm reading is DH blah Epi blah blah etc'. There is only one person making sense to me at this point.

I'm not familiar with the theme of this game, and did not thoroughly look at the list of roles, just saw a lot of secrets and figured not much point.
At this point, I think the discussion going on is hindering real baddie hunting because I can't keep up.
No- I'm sorry. I'm not buying what you're selling.

First, we had an overflow of players (27 instead of 26). You therefore had an opportunity to bow out. You're still here. Not wanting to play doesn't excuse you from being bad.

Second, a civilian FZ. is on the ball and quite perceptive. I have seen it many times. FZ. is a formidable player, someone who isn't afraid to call people on their shit, even when other people are posting like crazy.

Third, nobody really discusses who is bad on Day 0. I tried, but we were hemming and hawing about the Day 0 options. Fine. When in Rome. But it ain't Day 0 anymore...
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

To be fair, S~V~S, I have learned that if I don't act this way, people assume I'm up to no good. So :shrug:
S~V~S wrote:I don't necessarily think Epi is bad, quite the opposite at this point~ lots of what he says makes total civ sense to me, and it is too early to tell with all the chest beating going on. But I am somewhat wary of him not so much for drawing a conclusion re The Yotsuba, as for being so adamant that anyone drawing a different conclusion is so very obviously incorrect. I thought the status of that group was rather vague, and open to interpretation. They are led by a Kira, start with not-necessarily-BTS just like the clearly labeled baddies, and have those ??? win conditions. They COULD be a loosely connected Indy team, or they COULD be a ninja assassin squad or, knowing MP, almost anything.
While MP does have a reputation for hosting shenanigans, I think he has greater reputation for staying true to the theme, which I witnessed in spades in Bioshock, and which you mentioned later in your post. I admire this. I spoiled some of the show for the sake of this game, and if MP is being loyal to canon, as I believe he is, then Yotsuba is not a Mafia. We have a word for people who are not essential and have their own agenda: "Independent."

I am not being stubborn- I am having a difficult time with people being unwilling to grasp the simplest explanation as it relates to canon. I cannot imagine why a supposed detective (that's what everyone is pretending to be, yeah?) would feel the need to have fourteen people out of the game instead of four. Doesn't make sense, and that affects how I perceive these people.

PS- It's Rico, Ricochet, or Victor for me.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Epi, how do you know that the other, non-Kira members of the baddie teams cannot become new Kiras if they get their hands on a Death Note? To me, it seems safer to get rid of them all, but I agree that exterminating the Kiras first would be optimal.
I don't. But unlike others, I don't make things up- I go by what I can actually read until something happens that contradicts what I read.
This is why we are friends. Our brains work the same way (sometimes.)

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Epi, the 27 happened before everything going crazy in the Donner game, so at that time, I still wanted to play. Do you want my back and forth PMs with MP on the matter? :P

Thanks for the compliment, and when I start getting into the game, I hope to actually be helpful, but that's what it is, and I really don't feel like defending myself for something that is out of this game. You want to think I'm baddie for how I'm acting, I guess I can understand it, but it's wrong.

I'll be back later.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 5
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

FZ. wrote:Epi, the 27 happened before everything going crazy in the Donner game, so at that time, I still wanted to play. Do you want my back and forth PMs with MP on the matter? :P

Thanks for the compliment, and when I start getting into the game, I hope to actually be helpful, but that's what it is, and I really don't feel like defending myself for something that is out of this game. You want to think I'm baddie for how I'm acting, I guess I can understand it, but it's wrong.

I'll be back later.
Fwiw I personally am looking forward to playing a game with you and look forward to your upcoming insights as the days progress.
;)
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 63

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Ricochet wrote:DisgruntledPorcupine (very late odd option, no reasoning).
I wanted to encourage a good, quiet game. Everyone knows low posters are the most useful.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 148

Post by Black Rock »

DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:
Ricochet wrote:DisgruntledPorcupine (very late odd option, no reasoning).
I wanted to encourage a good, quiet game. Everyone knows low posters are the most useful.
I agree! :noble:

Sorry for the lateness guys. I had a crazy weekend and now it's over. I shall catch up and be a great low-poster with vague theories. :keys: Seriously though I have not read anything yet and am using this post as a place-keeper for posts before I came in and after.
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 719
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:I'm pleased to see no lynch votes yet, unlike last game I played
:shrug2: I don't know what you're talking about...

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:As for more suspicious D0 voters: Bass (simple hello, then simple vote for Normal, towards the end of the D0 show), Snowman (popcorn reactions to the D0 game, votes for an odd option, then has to be begged a bit to reason his option) and DisgruntledPorcupine (very late odd option, no reasoning). MM sort of saved himself along the way, because he started poorly by voting early and for a jokey reason, more jokey reactions to what happened along and only late in the day starting to question or reply to some discussion or theories.

Bass & DP ALWAYS play this way, no indication as to affiliation. Bass will open up with time, DP may or may not :shrug2: i am not seeing the Snowman thing as you are. Sometimes when people are putting on a good show, you have to grab the popcorn & watch. Plus this was a VERY unusual Day 0; generally Day 0 is a full day of that sort of thing. That would apply to bass & DH as well. MM is a hard one for me, he always seems to misconstrue what people say to the point that it seems intentional. So not sure there.
Give me a break. I haven't misconstrued anyone or anything... yet. :llama:

But seriously. Why don't you wait until it's true before you say that, rather than casually introduce that meta so that people will keep something like that in mind when they're reading me. Before I know it, I'll be mixconstrued.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Regarding Ricochet, I've known him off and on as Rico for years, so it would be incredibly difficult to change that, personally -- but if there is a different nickname he decides he's OK with, then that works for me. I could just say Ricochet if they both are playing the same game together; it isn't THAT much more typing. Lol.

I always just call Enrique (aka Rico Suave) Eko, since Mr. Eko is the name I typically knew him by. :P
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 822

Post by DharmaHelper »

Nicknamegate is interesting but I'm gonna catch up on the thread now.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:As for more suspicious D0 voters: Bass (simple hello, then simple vote for Normal, towards the end of the D0 show), Snowman (popcorn reactions to the D0 game, votes for an odd option, then has to be begged a bit to reason his option) and DisgruntledPorcupine (very late odd option, no reasoning). MM sort of saved himself along the way, because he started poorly by voting early and for a jokey reason, more jokey reactions to what happened along and only late in the day starting to question or reply to some discussion or theories.

Bass & DP ALWAYS play this way, no indication as to affiliation. Bass will open up with time, DP may or may not :shrug2: i am not seeing the Snowman thing as you are. Sometimes when people are putting on a good show, you have to grab the popcorn & watch. Plus this was a VERY unusual Day 0; generally Day 0 is a full day of that sort of thing. That would apply to bass & DH as well. MM is a hard one for me, he always seems to misconstrue what people say to the point that it seems intentional. So not sure there.

But seriously. Why don't you wait until it's true before you say that, rather than casually introduce that meta so that people will keep something like that in mind when they're reading me. Before I know it, I'll be mixconstrued.
Because you were one of the people Ricochet mentioned and in Mafia we give our opinions. :shrug: and actually, I did think you kinds did it last night. Boo had said something that I thought was very clear and direct, and you interpreted it as almost the exact of what he said. I will find it when I am not on phone.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

DharmaHelper wrote:Nicknamegate is interesting but I'm gonna catch up on the thread now.
Lol. Can't say I wouldn't rather be involved in this rather than other affairs right now, though. :grin:

If anyone who is more acquainted with Enrique being Rico can feel like they can use it for me instead throughout this game, then I'd suggest sticking to Rico. If not, Ricochet is fine. If Enrique and I ever play together in a game, you can decide then on him staying Rico and me going by my full nickname. I'm not fully approving of Ricky either (sorry bea), but that's about the limit I could warm up to. :P Victor is strictly RL / PA bros, and this isn't PA and you are not my bro right now, Epignosis, so... :pout:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Because you were one of the people Ricochet mentioned and in Mafia we give our opinions. :shrug: and actually, I did think you kinds did it last night. Boo had said something that I thought was very clear and direct, and you interpreted it as almost the exact of what he said. I will find it when I am not on phone.
Kinda like Epi and DH's "sausagefest" which has more meat to it than your summation represented?

If I'm thinking of the same post you are, I asked boo for clarification, so sue me for not understanding his intentions from the get-go.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Why are you making this into something it isn't? I never said I suspected you, and was only giving my opinion in reply to someone else.
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 73

Post by AceofSpaces »

Made wrote:Ok, this is high level stuff. Like fuck, it's only day one and i barely know what's going on, and not in a fun chaotic way.
Hey look boo! Is this the kind of low flying post you were wary about? I don't know how many times I've seen baddies post this sentence, or some close variation. I'm actually a little surprised you didn't bring it up yourself. Thoughts please.

Epi and DH

I am getting the impression that Epi is a Y-Group member. At least, that is where I am leaning at the moment. On the other hand, I don't see how he'd be so obvious about it. That is a mistake that I doubt someone like him would make. That being said, he's made some really good points. I'm putting a pin in him until further notice.

DH is DH. If he's bad he's going to get cocky and show off. If he's good he's going to get cocky and show off. Nothing really to say about that.

Boo.
I'm reading him as genuine. His trepidation on the type of player L could or should be read as real to me.

Made
That one post quoted above burned into my eyeballs. I usually find it more suspicious when people say "I'm so clueless" than when they go on for four plus pages arguing over the same points again and again (DH & Epi). It's just a really easy way to get people to ignore you.

Trice/Tricey/Dinosaur-Name-Porn-Star-Man
I don't think DH's quote from you was out of context or a misinterpretation. I think you very clearly suggested we focus on a group of people based solely on their Day-0 vote. Which would be fine, we do that all the time. But the way you did it was so mafia. Quote someone else, agree with them without saying much of your own, and shift attention to other people with little or no evidence to back yourself up. That has to be taken directly from the mafia play book.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:Why are you making this into something it isn't? I never said I suspected you, and was only giving my opinion in reply to someone else.
Because I've been falsely accused.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Why are you making this into something it isn't? I never said I suspected you, and was only giving my opinion in reply to someone else.

By who? Not me.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Thanks, Roxy :hugs:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
You're always flying under the radar with jokey posts, and I don't see this game as any different so far, but it always gets me to notice you. Any thoughts so far?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 114

Post by triceratopzeuhl »

bea wrote: DP's vote for low posters with only the :D smiley - was about PERFECT for a DP post. He is always one of the lowest posters. Like ever. OF course he voted that option. Of course he said it with as few words as possible. I actually really did LOL when I read his post and saw his vote.

Says nothing about DP's alignment like AT ALL. I have no idea at all what allignent he had, but flags would have been raised in my personal hed cannon if he voted any other way than the way he did.
If anything, DP posts more as a baddie since his BTSC teammates tell him to participate more
Epignosis wrote: PS- It's Rico, Ricochet, or Victor for me.
Vicky, Baby

Chet sounds like a poolboy at a hotel
[EMM winner placeholder] ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Re: Death Note Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by FZ. »

thellama73 wrote:These are in order of posting.
L/Light is good:
Turnip Head wrote:Rest in peace Sockface! Yay game!

I'm torn between High Poster ( :mafia: ) and L/Light options. The high poster one would force the baddies (and civvies too!) to be active if they want their votes to count, which should make for a livelier game thread. But the L/Light option seems to indicate it could have some strategic merit as well.
L/Light is bad:
Turnip Head wrote:Good points Epi and Daisy. Y'all have got me leaning for a normie lynch now.
L/Light is good:
Turnip Head wrote:I voted for L/Light influence. The more I think about it, the more I think it's the best way to catch Kira/Light. And it would be fun to do something different :kadaj:
L/Light is bad:
Turnip Head wrote:Epi makes some really good points. What if the wrong person got lynched every day, and each time flips civ? We wouldn't know whether L or Light was responsible. We'd actually have less information than we started with.

I *symbolically change my vote to Normal*
L/Light is good:
Turnip Head wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Rico, where have you landed on this L/Light vs Normal debate?
Hardly keeping my brain cells from not popping, in terms of following said debate. Undecided, otherwise. I haven't heard from others if L's checking wouldn't put him in an advantage or at least create a balance of somd sort.
I'd say we don't know enough about how L's percentages are determined to know if this is true or not. Although I do like to think L must have some way to use this option to his advantage, even if he himself is not at the top of his baddie detecting game.
L/Light is bad:
Turnip Head wrote:In any case , the L/Light option will NOT give the thread more information. It centralizes the information and puts it into the hands of the leaders of two teams. It is balanced, probably, and would definitely be fun, but a normal lynch is the safest and most reliable option, no question.
No question? Please. You've got more waffle than a breakfast buffet.
Are you suggesting he's a baddie? Why would a baddie be that indecisive? What does he get out of it? And if not, what's the point in even bringing it up apart from appearing like you're baddie hunting?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

AceofSpaces wrote: Trice/Tricey/Dinosaur-Name-Porn-Star-Man
I don't think DH's quote from you was out of context or a misinterpretation. I think you very clearly suggested we focus on a group of people based solely on their Day-0 vote. Which would be fine, we do that all the time. But the way you did it was so mafia. Quote someone else, agree with them without saying much of your own, and shift attention to other people with little or no evidence to back yourself up. That has to be taken directly from the mafia play book.
We've already had this discussion and there is still nothing in my post that says that. But randomly designating things meant to encourage discussion as "taken directly from the mafia play book" is, if you'll pardon the irony, a move taken directly from the mafia play book.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

One thing I was keeping an eye out for when the Day 0 poll was tied was someone trying to tip the scales in favor of L/Light, having held onto the vote in case Normal got overwhelming support later. spacedaisy's late vote for L/Light fit this paradigm and caught my attention.
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

I was going to defend her because I thought she had been away most of day 0, but she did post two indecisive non-committing posts over 3-4 hours, before voting L/Light without posting
thellama73
Supatown

Re: Death Note Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by thellama73 »

FZ. wrote: Are you suggesting he's a baddie? Why would a baddie be that indecisive? What does he get out of it? And if not, what's the point in even bringing it up apart from appearing like you're baddie hunting?
It's the classic "have it both ways" baddie approach. "Oh look how reasonable I am. I'm listening to everyone. I'm taking all opinion into account. You all have good points!" Refusing to take a stand. Trying to please everyone. I think it is shifty, yes.

triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

"defend" is a bad word, I never actively defend people, just share my opinion on them
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:"defend" is a bad word, I never actively defend people, just share my opinion on them
What is your opinion on them?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

By who? Not me.
:smoky:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 73

Post by AceofSpaces »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:
AceofSpaces wrote: Trice/Tricey/Dinosaur-Name-Porn-Star-Man
We've already had this discussion and there is still nothing in my post that says that. But randomly designating things meant to encourage discussion as "taken directly from the mafia play book" is, if you'll pardon the irony, a move taken directly from the mafia play book.
Nice "no u". You are quickly earning my vote for today.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

FZ. wrote:Thanks, Roxy :hugs:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
You're always flying under the radar with jokey posts, and I don't see this game as any different so far, but it always gets me to notice you. Any thoughts so far?
On players? No not really. I don't get too invested in games early. I've learned from GoC that just gets me lynched. Also, I'll probably misunderstand those people anyway.

I'm bummed that we went with the normal lynch option. I like some craziness. :omg:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

thellama73 wrote:
triceratopzeuhl wrote:"defend" is a bad word, I never actively defend people, just share my opinion on them
What is your opinion on them?
On who?

Regarding spacedaisy, she's only posted 4 times so I'm willing to believe she was just busy, but the pattern of posts on day 0 was perplexing at best:

15 Feb 2015, 16:19 - "either normal or L/Light. Gonna have to think about this one."
15 Feb 2015, 19:10 - "I am personally looking at either Normal or Light/L"
sometime between then and the poll end - votes L/Light without taking the time to even post 2 words "because busy"
16 Feb 2015, 22:23 - more than a day later - "I had already expressed that I liked both normal and light/l and just decided to cast a vote for the second because I was ok with either and decided to even it up a little more."

So if you agree with epig about "tipping the scales" as a baddie action, there is valid reason to suspect spacedaisy.
AceofSpaces wrote: Nice "no u". You are quickly earning my vote for today.
If that's the best case you can come up with, you're not going to manage to lynch a civ today like you so badly want to
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

But mainly I was referring to the fact that, in every game I've played with btsc/known teammates, defending them publicly is a terrible idea because it just paints a target on your back - for NK if they are good, for lynch if they are bad. Better to play every game as if you are operating alone
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:If that's the best case you can come up with, you're not going to manage to lynch a civ today like you so badly want to
What?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Epignosis wrote:I want to lay this out there too:

DH thinks I'm bad because I think most of the Yotsuba are independents.

If you are bad, what's a clever strategy when you don't have BTSC with more than one person? Widen the net of potential bad guys maybe?
Why did you let it out there, by the way? Do you think he's bad? What do you think about your back and forth?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

And I mean, if you want to talk about deliberately misleading, look at your own posts:
AceofSpaces wrote: 1. Normal Lynch is obviously the most "civie friendly" option because it keeps the most control in the hands of the most people.
2. I put "civie friendly" in quotes because the Normal lynch option is also completely safe for baddies. Baddies don't lose anything from picking it. It doesn't put them in any disadvantage at all.
Every other option gave a potential easily-exploitable advantage to the baddies, so Normal Lynch is equivalent to a disadvantage for them. Your entire reasoning to support L/Light was based on fallacious arguing, as is your reasoning to try and paint blame on me. Any gameable system will automatically favour the team that will know more of their teammates
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
triceratopzeuhl wrote:If that's the best case you can come up with, you're not going to manage to lynch a civ today like you so badly want to
What?
I defend myself from DH/him, and at the same time level my own accusations, he responds by saying "im gonna lynch u now" instead of defending himself, what are you asking about? Aceofspades is:

L/Light supporter
low poster
sharing other people's ideas exclusively - without even going back to the original "suspicious" posts

it's not concrete but it's multiple pings - lynching baddies consistently is about either an obvious slip (there have been none yet by anybody) or behaviour recognition over the course of several days.

If I have time this evening I'll read back through the thread and determine which people aceofspades is pulling theories from (be nice if he had used quotes instead of barely rephrasing) - if they are similarly L/Light supporters with other pings, I'm probably on to something here.

As I said before, keeping an eye on people who do something isn't remotely the same thing as lynching somebody for doing something - which is what DH and AceOfSpades are bother trying to do. The game isn't the simplistic - not if you want to win. Flag it and continue playing, vote the players with the most flags.
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

EBWOP" which is what DH and AceOfSpades are both trying to claim I'm doing
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

FZ. wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I want to lay this out there too:

DH thinks I'm bad because I think most of the Yotsuba are independents.

If you are bad, what's a clever strategy when you don't have BTSC with more than one person? Widen the net of potential bad guys maybe?
Why did you let it out there, by the way? Do you think he's bad? What do you think about your back and forth?
DH himself has given me no reason to think he's good- I cannot reconcile his actions and posts with those of an ideal civilian. There is one thing however, which I won't elaborate on, that is an indicator to me of civility.
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

(so many posts in a row) in addition,

1. if Aceofspades' only reasoning for voting L/Light was fun, why did he bother to make a list later of why it's "good?"
AceofSpaces wrote:My reasoning is that it is the more fun option.
AceofSpaces wrote:I like to have fun when I play games. The Light/L option is the most fun. Thus I voted for it. There are no other motives for my vote. Don't over think it, we're only on Day 0.
followed by this one - which as I mention above is faulty reasoning anyway

2. Know what's fun? Winning. Baddies want the best chance of winning for the best chance of "having fun"

Return to “Previous Jobs”