Death Note Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 38

Re: Death Note Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Nevermind. That was pretty quick to find. So is your entire suspicion on him from his waffling on his Day 0 vote, as seen here?
thellama73 wrote:These are in order of posting.
L/Light is good:
Turnip Head wrote:Rest in peace Sockface! Yay game!

I'm torn between High Poster ( :mafia: ) and L/Light options. The high poster one would force the baddies (and civvies too!) to be active if they want their votes to count, which should make for a livelier game thread. But the L/Light option seems to indicate it could have some strategic merit as well.
L/Light is bad:
Turnip Head wrote:Good points Epi and Daisy. Y'all have got me leaning for a normie lynch now.
L/Light is good:
Turnip Head wrote:I voted for L/Light influence. The more I think about it, the more I think it's the best way to catch Kira/Light. And it would be fun to do something different :kadaj:
L/Light is bad:
Turnip Head wrote:Epi makes some really good points. What if the wrong person got lynched every day, and each time flips civ? We wouldn't know whether L or Light was responsible. We'd actually have less information than we started with.

I *symbolically change my vote to Normal*
L/Light is good:
Turnip Head wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Rico, where have you landed on this L/Light vs Normal debate?
Hardly keeping my brain cells from not popping, in terms of following said debate. Undecided, otherwise. I haven't heard from others if L's checking wouldn't put him in an advantage or at least create a balance of somd sort.
I'd say we don't know enough about how L's percentages are determined to know if this is true or not. Although I do like to think L must have some way to use this option to his advantage, even if he himself is not at the top of his baddie detecting game.
L/Light is bad:
Turnip Head wrote:In any case , the L/Light option will NOT give the thread more information. It centralizes the information and puts it into the hands of the leaders of two teams. It is balanced, probably, and would definitely be fun, but a normal lynch is the safest and most reliable option, no question.
No question? Please. You've got more waffle than a breakfast buffet.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 148

Post by Black Rock »

thellama73 wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:Okay. That was a little intense. But I think I have a pretty good idea of what direction(s) I'm leaning towards for this lynch.

Definitely not Epig and DH. I read all that shit twice (thanks for that you fools :P), and I need time for it to absorb into my brain. Needless to say, I don't see anything for either of you, or boo for that matter, that makes me think anything other than "This is just DH/Epig/boo being DH/Epig/boo".

Aces I'm okay on. I was gung-ho to vote for him, until I went back and actually read his reasoning on the Day 0 vote. And then it became pretty clear that Trice took his post entirely out of context by quote-snipping. Given the way that Trice continues to hold onto his IMO fairly weak case, plus taking someone out-of-context, plus making a lot of posts that don't really contribute anything until Aces went and brought Trice up, I could see myself potentially voting for Trice today.

Daisy I feel good about for now. I think her fly-by vote would have been more suspicious if she'd come back in and tried to keep justifying her vote. But since she already had, I can give her a pass.

Bass I do not feel good about. He feels like the type of low-poster who is doing just enough to fly under the radar, but still seem like he's paying attention. I'd feel bad voting for someone that can't be around to defend themselves, but I could be pressed to vote in his direction if I decide to go the route of voting a low-poster.

So I'd say right now, I'm considering a vote for either Trice or bass. I'm sure I might have forgotten some other thoughts with how much I just read, but feel free to ask questions for me if you want my opinion on something else.

Linki: Look forward to hearing your insights, BR!
What about Turnip Head? Maybe you should think about voting for him... maybe.
I haven't read your whole case on TH yet but I just read TH as my first because I love to suspect him. So far I am seeing a TH with nothing to hide, having fun. I like to think of that as civvie TH.
ImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Boomslang »

thellama73 wrote:
Snowman wrote:Thank you Zomberella and SVS. I have no idea if either of you are bad or not, but you boiled down your take on all the players in one post, and I appreciate it. I frankly don't have the time to comb through a couple hundred episodes of "Trice Yells at Everyone" every day. I'll offer my insight and contribute what I can, but I don't see the "discussion" coalescing around anyone in particular. All I see is argument ad nauseum around the D0 poll.

I'm happy to see so many involved, but how do you find so much to talk about when literally nothing has happened yet? The most earth-shattering event so far is the realization that Russ hasn't posted anything.
Waiting for a bandwagon to hop onto? :eye:
Er, this is going to sound bandwagony itself, but good catch llama. And Snowman, I disagree that nothing has happened yet. Compared to D0 polls in other games I've played, this one actually has a long-lasting effect, and I think the voting records/rationales of players for this poll are useful information to discuss.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

thellama73 wrote:
Snowman wrote:Thank you Zomberella and SVS. I have no idea if either of you are bad or not, but you boiled down your take on all the players in one post, and I appreciate it. I frankly don't have the time to comb through a couple hundred episodes of "Trice Yells at Everyone" every day. I'll offer my insight and contribute what I can, but I don't see the "discussion" coalescing around anyone in particular. All I see is argument ad nauseum around the D0 poll.

I'm happy to see so many involved, but how do you find so much to talk about when literally nothing has happened yet? The most earth-shattering event so far is the realization that Russ hasn't posted anything.
Hmmm...good point.

Alright. I can probably add TH and Snowman to my list, albeit I would still rank them below Trice and bass. So my list currently goes:

1) Trice
2) bass
3) TH/Snowman
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

Hmmm...good point.

Alright. I can probably add TH and Snowman to my list, albeit I would still rank them below Trice and bass. So my list currently goes:

1) Trice
2) bass
3) TH/Snowman
How can you find anything suspicious in Bass? I know I'm reading back so I don't have the thread momentum but Bass hasn't posted much and has RL things going on. I saw nothing in his posts.
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 522

Post by FZ. »

Turnip Head wrote:I noticed somebody has already voted for Llama. They must feel pretty confident about their vote.
When I said I was waiting to see something, it was regarding TH. all the last games I've played with him (at least to the extent I remember), when he was a civ, he voted almost last. He's a lot more indecisive. This very early vote gets you the :eye: and maybe even my vote
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Black Rock wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

Hmmm...good point.

1) Trice
2) bass
3) TH/Snowman
How can you find anything suspicious in Bass? I know I'm reading back so I don't have the thread momentum but Bass hasn't posted much and has RL things going on. I saw nothing in his posts.
Boo had a nice, long post that explained it in much better detail. I went back and read bass' posts myself (all 4 of them) and found it to ring true.

I'm still leaning strongest towards Trice, but if I decide to go the low-poster route, I think bass is a decent option.

Linki: What exactly is TH's thing with llama? Is there an actual reason for his vote or is it just a 'no u' because of llama mentioning his thought process on Day 0?
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 822

Post by DharmaHelper »

thellama73 wrote:It's weird to me that people are categorizing me as quiet when I am the third highest poster in the game. But Aces gets counted as "one of the more vocal players" with only 17 posts. I wonder if we are all reading the same thread. :shrug:
How many of your posts have been useful? All I can remember you doing is saying very often how all the other discussion you're seeing is invalid.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Without a clear view on everything yet I have put Trice at the top of my list. His posts seem more of a trying too hard to be helpful while shifting focus on a separate group. He's coming off as Mafia to me. I still have a lot to read but I have to go check on the horses and chickens. I'll read more later.
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

Hmmm...good point.

1) Trice
2) bass
3) TH/Snowman
Boo had a nice, long post that explained it in much better detail. I went back and read bass' posts myself (all 4 of them) and found it to ring true.

I'm still leaning strongest towards Trice, but if I decide to go the low-poster route, I think bass is a decent option.

Linki: What exactly is TH's thing with llama? Is there an actual reason for his vote or is it just a 'no u' because of llama mentioning his thought process on Day 0?
Ok, when I'm done in the barn I will search for Boo's post and see what I think after that.
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:Russ is where I'll likely be voting. He was here and answered all the interrogation room questions. That means there is a game-related reason he isn't posting here, and I cannot surmise a civilian explanation for that.
Come on dude, for real? You're going to likely vote for someone who can't (maybe) defend themselves on Day 1 because you can't think of a civvie reason they wouldn't be able (maybe) to post?

You are making this too easy.

ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Two things are catching my eye at the moment:

1. Way too many people are behaving out of character.
Epi wants to vote for an absent player.
TH is voting early for llama without any reason whatsoever.
Ace is apparently posting a lot more than people are used from him.
I had more, but I forgot by the time I got here.

2. There seems to be some very strong 1 on 1 battles, which is something I'm not used to seeing in these games, especially not on day 1
DH and Epi
Ace and Trice
TH and llama

I'm assuming this is somehow related to the nature of the game, but I'm also thinking that maybe there are roles of winning terms that require taking out a specific player. Not sure what it says about the alignment of the players. I've played games where one of the mafia had to kill another in order to win, and I know the opposite can be done as well.

But these strong convictions are worrying on day 1 to say the least.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

AceofSpaces - Not seeing him as bad atm
Bass_the_Clever - Not willing to vote for him right now, but not willing to give him a pass overall.
bea - Nothing stands out
birdwithteeth11 - Nothing stands out
Black Rock - Nothing stands out
boo - Not seeing him as bad.
Boomslang - Commenting mostly on other suspicions/discussions...
DharmaHelper - Definitely civ.
DisgruntledPorcupine - Who?
Elohcin - Nothing pops out.
Epignosis - Slowly creeping up my list.
FZ. - No read.
juliets - No read.
Long Con - No Read.
Made - No Read.
Matahari - Very good at playing low key and clueless when the reality is the opposite.
Metalmarsh89 - No read.
Ricochet - Leaning civ
Roxy - No read.
Russtifinko - No write.
S~V~S - I don't know yet.
Snowman - No read
Spacedaisy - Leaning civ
thellama73 - Who?
triceratopzeuhl - Suspect.
Turnip Head -
Zomberella12 - Found some of her early posts suspect. Not willing to give her a pass for playing the "I'm new here" card.

Epi can you explain to me why your suspicion of Russ is 100% based on the lore of Death Note, and you were ready to lynch Rico for making lore-based assumptions regarding L/Watari?

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

EBWOP: Turnip Head - Not liking the wishy/washy post that llama highlighted but not really anything I would put a vote on.

ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 575

Post by thellama73 »

DharmaHelper wrote:
thellama73 wrote:It's weird to me that people are categorizing me as quiet when I am the third highest poster in the game. But Aces gets counted as "one of the more vocal players" with only 17 posts. I wonder if we are all reading the same thread. :shrug:
How many of your posts have been useful? All I can remember you doing is saying very often how all the other discussion you're seeing is invalid.
I think all of my posts have been useful.

BWT: It is most of my suspicion on him, yes. Also, his response to my suspicion pinged me. He seemed entirely too low key about it. I see baddies do that a lot in an attempt not to appear defensive. Then of course, there was his NO U vote on me.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

SVS, you said that you expect baddies not to be as aggressive because they don't know who they are lynching. But the thing is, they'll probably be voting anyway, and the chances of them getting a baddie are just as high when they play a less aggressive game. I would say this is their chance to go really strongly after players because if they take out one of their own, they'll just end up looking good without having to carry the guilt of throwing a team mate under the bus ("hey, I didn't know").

So maybe those going so strongly after others have an agenda after all :ponder:

linki: llama, the thing that's making me hesitate with TH is the fact that he seems so casual and laid back, which I agree with SVS is more indicative of his civ game
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 719
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Lynching baddies is a good item to have on the 'ol civvie agenda. :mafia:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 73

Post by AceofSpaces »

FZ. wrote:SVS, you said that you expect baddies not to be as aggressive because they don't know who they are lynching. But the thing is, they'll probably be voting anyway, and the chances of them getting a baddie are just as high when they play a less aggressive game. I would say this is their chance to go really strongly after players because if they take out one of their own, they'll just end up looking good without having to carry the guilt of throwing a team mate under the bus ("hey, I didn't know").

So maybe those going so strongly after others have an agenda after all :ponder:

linki: llama, the thing that's making me hesitate with TH is the fact that he seems so casual and laid back, which I agree with SVS is more indicative of his civ game
I'd say my agenda is to lynch mafia. Which is what I think Trice is.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 198

Post by S~V~S »

I disagree, a spread out non focused vote is more likely to net a civvie, IMO.

It is my experience that the very vocal players are more likely to lynch each other than blendy middle of the pack players. But normally, we have a group that can play a fairly aggressive BSD game. But with these mechanics I think fading back s bit the first few days while the thread is distracted by all the one on one would be a pretty effective strstegy for baddies.

Me, I want to lynch baddies :grin:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Bad not BSD *
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 675

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Russ is where I'll likely be voting. He was here and answered all the interrogation room questions. That means there is a game-related reason he isn't posting here, and I cannot surmise a civilian explanation for that.
Come on dude, for real? You're going to likely vote for someone who can't (maybe) defend themselves on Day 1 because you can't think of a civvie reason they wouldn't be able (maybe) to post?

Why can't he defend himself? He has been online. He is capable of posting. I think he got a bad role that requires him not to post until a certain point. It makes sense, is consistent with canon, and it's a mechanic I've used myself. That he is up in the Interrogation Room is, I suppose, bad timing for him.

Making this too easy? Why would I try to make it hard (as you insist on doing- 12 civilians against 14 Mafia. Oooookay DH. :rolleyes: )
DharmaHelper wrote:Epi can you explain to me why your suspicion of Russ is 100% based on the lore of Death Note, and you were ready to lynch Rico for making lore-based assumptions regarding L/Watari?
That's a two-fold loaded question. My suspicion of Russ is not 100% based on the lore of Death Note, but primarily founded on uncharacteristic behavior coupled with an eye for what elements MP would include as a host given the theme. I daresay that if I did not post in a game, you would first in line calling for my head. For someone who doesn't like non-participators, you seem okay with Russ. Any reason why that is?

And I do not suspect Ricochet for making assumptions, but for coming across as disingenuous in making the assumptions that he did, especially with his "I tend to believe the secrets to the roles will be very much related to the story / character traits, which means, and I hope it's no hinting in saying this, that L might get in touch with a couple more detectives." For someone who doesn't like hinters, you seem okay with Ricochet. Any reason why that is?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 542

Post by Ricochet »

You personally disagreed that what I said could have been hinting in any way, but now you're rallying the hinting-haters against me for that?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

Why can't he defend himself? He has been online. He is capable of posting. I think he got a bad role that requires him not to post until a certain point. It makes sense, is consistent with canon, and it's a mechanic I've used myself. That he is up in the Interrogation Room is, I suppose, bad timing for him.

Making this too easy? Why would I try to make it hard (as you insist on doing- 12 civilians against 14 Mafia. Oooookay DH. :rolleyes: )
DharmaHelper wrote:Epi can you explain to me why your suspicion of Russ is 100% based on the lore of Death Note, and you were ready to lynch Rico for making lore-based assumptions regarding L/Watari?
That's a two-fold loaded question. My suspicion of Russ is not 100% based on the lore of Death Note, but primarily founded on uncharacteristic behavior coupled with an eye for what elements MP would include as a host given the theme. I daresay that if I did not post in a game, you would first in line calling for my head. For someone who doesn't like non-participators, you seem okay with Russ. Any reason why that is?

And I do not suspect Ricochet for making assumptions, but for coming across as disingenuous in making the assumptions that he did, especially with his "I tend to believe the secrets to the roles will be very much related to the story / character traits, which means, and I hope it's no hinting in saying this, that L might get in touch with a couple more detectives." For someone who doesn't like hinters, you seem okay with Ricochet. Any reason why that is?
So to be clear, you suspect Russ because he hasn't been posting since you believe that MP has made it a mechanic in his game (based on the lore of Death Note) that certain roles can't post? You even said that you looked up "Death Note Silence" and found an episode that was Rem/Misa centric. Am I to take away from that you think Russ is Rem/Misa?

And you find this line of thinking logical and completely civvie versus Ricochet doing the exact same thing (Assuming MP made a mechanic in the game centered around the lore of the show), But Ricochet was suspicious for doing that? You were willing to lynch him for doing what you are doing? How does that make sense?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I think one role can't post. Everyone else has posted, right? I think Russ has such a role and I think that role is bad, most likely Rem or Misa.

I don't suspect Ricochet for doing the same thing I'm doing. I primarily suspect Ricochet for sounding disingenuous to me. I'm not being disingenuous. :grin:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Ricochet wrote:You personally disagreed that what I said could have been hinting in any way, but now you're rallying the hinting-haters against me for that?
Like I said, I think you were being disingenuous.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Let me back up. Epi, you said you suspected Rico because his lore-based assumptions seemed disingenuous.

You have made two lore-based assumptions

1) That a majority of the Yotsuba group pose no threat to the Detectives
2) That Russ, someone who (possibly) cannot defend himself from your vote and suspicion, must be bad because he is not posting.

Do you not see how these assumptions can come across as a touch disingenuous? You expect me to believe that you genuinely want to vote for a non-poster given all thats gone on? You expect me to believe that (without any quantifiable proof) Yotsuba are god fearing honest-to-goodness boyscouts?

Come on son.

ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

DharmaHelper wrote:Let me back up. Epi, you said you suspected Rico because his lore-based assumptions seemed disingenuous.

2) That Russ, someone who (possibly) cannot defend himself from your vote and suspicion, must be bad because he is not posting.

Do you not see how these assumptions can come across as a touch disingenuous? You expect me to believe that you genuinely want to vote for a non-poster given all thats gone on? You expect me to believe that (without any quantifiable proof) Yotsuba are god fearing honest-to-goodness boyscouts?

Come on son.
Why does it even matter at this point? If you think Epi is a Yotsuba, do you really think he's the one we should be focusing on now? Unless you think he's a baddie talking about the Yotsuba. If he's a baddie, making the Yotsuba seem baddies to us is much better strategy. Either way, it's a waste of time
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

FZ. wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Let me back up. Epi, you said you suspected Rico because his lore-based assumptions seemed disingenuous.

Come on son.
Why does it even matter at this point? If you think Epi is a Yotsuba, do you really think he's the one we should be focusing on now? Unless you think he's a baddie talking about the Yotsuba. If he's a baddie, making the Yotsuba seem baddies to us is much better strategy. Either way, it's a waste of time
Nothing is a waste of time.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Come on son.
I do expect you to believe that I am willing to vote for a non-poster because I literally said it. Hey DH: I am willing to vote for a non-poster, even after all that's gone on. What about that statement do you find disingenuous or unbelievable? Do you think I have said that I am willing to lynch Russ but secretly want to lynch someone else? Why can't Russ defend himself?

Do you believe this is 12 civilians versus 14 Mafia? If so, why? Is that a balanced scenario? The detectives need the Kiras dead to win. There is one Kira in Yotsuba. Saying that I expect you to believe that Yotsuba are "god fearing honest to goodness boyscouts" exaggerates my position beyond recognition.

I cannot fathom why you insist on misrepresenting my view. Is it deliberate?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

FZ. wrote:

Come on son.
wat

[/domchannel]
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

By the way, where is LC? I don't remember him as the quiet type?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:

Come on son.
I do expect you to believe that I am willing to vote for a non-poster because I literally said it. Hey DH: I am willing to vote for a non-poster, even after all that's gone on. What about that statement do you find disingenuous or unbelievable? Do you think I have said that I am willing to lynch Russ but secretly want to lynch someone else? Why can't Russ defend himself?

Do you believe this is 12 civilians versus 14 Mafia? If so, why? Is that a balanced scenario? The detectives need the Kiras dead to win. There is one Kira in Yotsuba. Saying that I expect you to believe that Yotsuba are "god fearing honest to goodness boyscouts" exaggerates my position beyond recognition.

What about your lore-based assumptions versus Ricos makes you correct and him disingenuous? Your first assumption (That Yotsuba are for the most part independent rather than a mafia) Is convenient because it helps you on all angles.

1) If you are a Yotsuba, it protects you from civvie prosecution.
2) If you're not a Yotsuba, it protects you from Yotsuba prosecution.

I think you are not a Yotsuba. I think you crafted this view in order to appear as though you were, and you're framing the Yotsuba group in a mostly-favorable light in order not to get lynched, and possibly not to get NKed by the Yotsuba.

Though if you were a Yotsuba, propping them up as irrelevant to the Detective win condition would be a good way to hint to your teammates that, when they cast their votes on who to night kill, they should avoid you.

Your second assumption gives you an excuse to place a vote on someone who will in all likelyhood be unable to stop you, or defend himself. It is also not a popular suspicion, so whoever DOES get lynched today, your hands will be clean. Pretty funny how that works out for you, aint it?

I'm not misinterpreting anything you've put out here. What you said was that you suspected Rico for disingenuous lore-based assumptions. Since then, you've made two pretty clever lore-based assumptions that do nothing but help you.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Boomslang »

Epignosis wrote:I think one role can't post. Everyone else has posted, right? I think Russ has such a role and I think that role is bad, most likely Rem or Misa.

I don't suspect Ricochet for doing the same thing I'm doing. I primarily suspect Ricochet for sounding disingenuous to me. I'm not being disingenuous. :grin:
While I agree the lore offers hints in this direction, I just find it hard to believe MP would include a role with such an obvious tell, especially in a game with a lot of high-powered players. However, I also find Russ's lack of posts suspicious... I want to hold off on voting him until Day 2. If he's still not posting then, I'll be more willing to buy a role secrets theory.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

S~V~S wrote:
FZ. wrote:

Come on son.
wat

[/domchannel]
What what?
If Epi is Yotsuba, he's definitely not a person we want to lynch first, I think. Because they are not confirmed baddies, or did I get it wrong? If DH thinks he's a baddie because he's not calling the Yotsuba baddies, it makes no sense, because a baddie would want the players to lynch all that are not him, so making the Yotsuba look more like baddies should be his interest
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Come on son.

What about your lore-based assumptions versus Ricos makes you correct and him disingenuous? Your first assumption (That Yotsuba are for the most part independent rather than a mafia) Is convenient because it helps you on all angles.

I think you are not a Yotsuba. I think you crafted this view in order to appear as though you were, and you're framing the Yotsuba group in a mostly-favorable light in order not to get lynched, and possibly not to get NKed by the Yotsuba.

Though if you were a Yotsuba, propping them up as irrelevant to the Detective win condition would be a good way to hint to your teammates that, when they cast their votes on who to night kill, they should avoid you.

Your second assumption gives you an excuse to place a vote on someone who will in all likelyhood be unable to stop you, or defend himself. It is also not a popular suspicion, so whoever DOES get lynched today, your hands will be clean. Pretty funny how that works out for you, aint it?

I'm not misinterpreting anything you've put out here. What you said was that you suspected Rico for disingenuous lore-based assumptions. Since then, you've made two pretty clever lore-based assumptions that do nothing but help you.
Ah I see. I should take measures to attract lynch votes, night kills, and vote for someone who is a popular suspect regardless of my own perspective.

You funny DH.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I cannot fathom why you insist on misrepresenting my view. It is deliberate.
Vote Epi :D

ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Come on son.

Interesting take on the matter. Haven't thought about it that way
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper refused to answer my question and voted for someone who isn't a popular suspect (according to many people who said they weren't interested in voting for me). Maybe he wants to keep his hands clean.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:DharmaHelper refused to answer my question and voted for someone who isn't a popular suspect (according to many people who said they weren't interested in voting for me). Maybe he wants to keep his hands clean.
Which question would you like me to answer?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:DharmaHelper refused to answer my question and voted for someone who isn't a popular suspect (according to many people who said they weren't interested in voting for me). Maybe he wants to keep his hands clean.
Which question would you like me to answer?
Nothing now. I have your vote, so I no longer feel it necessary to interact with you today, much to the relief of everyone else I imagine.
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 114

Post by triceratopzeuhl »

S~V~S wrote:(and trice, I was only thinking of games in our "universe"; where else do you play?
I've played a few games on each of: Progarchives, The Piano, 4EW, this site, and I can't remember where else. None of these sites seem to last very long lol. I've also played lots of the card game version of mafia, before I ever started this
AceofSpaces wrote: Way too confrontational? Like when you assume anyone who has anything critical to say of you is automatically mafia?
AceofSpaces wrote: It is pretty bad form to automatically assume anyone who calls you suspicious is a baddie, Trice. It's reactive and over-defensive, and well.....confrontational.
No, just you and only because you still try to push it as bad to even consider L/Light not a "goodie" option. That's much more self-defensive than anything I've done.

You're the only person I'm actively accusing here, so you can't try to push that as anybody who calls me suspicious - a few others have as well.

DH had a really weird flip around as soon as I posted anything against you, I wouldn't be surprised at all if you two were teammates.

I mean look at your laughable "case" post, it consists almost entirely of "trice is mafia because he made multiple posts in a row fast. Therefore reasons!"
[EMM winner placeholder] ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

This game is so awesome.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I concur with the llama.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

The only thing I see in roles that sounds like it could remotely have anything to do with no being able to post:
"As a shinigami, she cannot be harmed by humans, nor can (s)he be seen by humans who have not made contact with her Death Note"
Which both Ryuk and Rem have. But that could mean something entirely different (plus ofc there are buttloads of secrets.

Oh and if Epig thinks Russ might be Rem, the role sounds like it can't be lynched anyway
"cannot be harmed by humans"
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

But I don't think TH is suspicious, I think he is being TH.

Anyone got any good insight on standard boo playstyle? I've played two of his hosted games, but never alongside him.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:The only thing I see in roles that sounds like it could remotely have anything to do with no being able to post:
"As a shinigami, she cannot be harmed by humans, nor can (s)he be seen by humans who have not made contact with her Death Note"
Which both Ryuk and Rem have. But that could mean something entirely different (plus ofc there are buttloads of secrets.

Oh and if Epig thinks Russ might be Rem, the role sounds like it can't be lynched anyway

There are three Shinigami who have that in their role descriptions, but only one person has not posted, so I do not think the theory that Russ cannot post because he is a Shinigami is tenable.

That doesn't mean that there isn't another role mechanic keeping him from posting. There likely is.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:But I don't think TH is suspicious, I think he is being TH.

Anyone got any good insight on standard boo playstyle? I've played two of his hosted games, but never alongside him.
This seems fairly typical boo as far as I can tell, but I don't remember playing a game with him where he was bad, so I don't have much to compare it to.

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

That is helpful.

While DH and Epi tango, and trice and Aces rave, boo feels like the odd one out in this party.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 1001
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I have completed my binge watch of the anime series "Death Note". I now know everything about this game.
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

thellama73 wrote:
triceratopzeuhl wrote:The only thing I see in roles that sounds like it could remotely have anything to do with no being able to post:

There are three Shinigami who have that in their role descriptions, but only one person has not posted, so I do not think the theory that Russ cannot post because he is a Shinigami is tenable.

That doesn't mean that there isn't another role mechanic keeping him from posting. There likely is.
Multiple people (at least 3 at a glance) have not posted at all since day 0, so it would depend on if the power was in effect day 0 as well. But yes, I see now you're right.

Either way, if epignosis believes Russ is either Rem or Misa because of the show's lore, that's a 50-50 shot at being unlynchable (if I'm correct about the role power)

S~V~S wrote:I disagree, a spread out non focused vote is more likely to net a civvie, IMO.

It is my experience that the very vocal players are more likely to lynch each other than blendy middle of the pack players. But normally, we have a group that can play a fairly aggressive BSD game. But with these mechanics I think fading back s bit the first few days while the thread is distracted by all the one on one would be a pretty effective strstegy for baddies.
Isn't that what I said yesterday? The baddies are probably all sitting there and laughing while civs try to kill each other, ensuring a baddie victory

Return to “Previous Jobs”