Death Note Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 522

Re: Death Note Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by FZ. »

Dang, I need to go, and I don't think I'll be back before going to sleep. I don't feel comfortable voting for any of those with votes yet Zombarealla, if you're a civvie, I'm really sorry.

*votes zombarealla*
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 114

Post by triceratopzeuhl »

Rico, the point was that despite writing an entire page of "analysis," for both of those posts, the conclusion and closing statement she offered for both of them was still "I can't decide." I've seen you claim that she clearly supported L/Light more in her analysis, but I never saw her claim that. But why does it matter? I evaluated a possible angle, and discarded it.
FZ. wrote:BR said she was voting for Trice but her vote is on llama
It's also weird that the only reason she offered for voting me was that I am "shifting focus on a separate group" whatever that means.
[EMM winner placeholder] ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 575

Post by thellama73 »

FZ. wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Oh, thanks a lot, BR.

I used sarcastic orange. Happy?
:haha:

I think it's between Zombarella and Snowman for me. While I hate to vote for Zoombarella after the nice things she said about me, I've seen her play and she's not giving half of it this game. Yeah, she has another game, but this is getting closer to deadline and she's posted just enough to stay under the radar. In the other game she's more aggressive, and came charging into the game. I don't see any of it right now.

linki: Don't hosts let players change their vote if it's placed by mistake?
She would have to ask for it to clarify that it is a mistake and not a deliberate trick, and it sounds like she will not be back before the poll ends.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Zomberella12 wrote:I'm here. Reading posts from today.

@Llama, so I think my assessment of your posting was based on length not number. I'm gonna have to reassess how I assess. Anyway, not voting for you today.
Now you come?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

@Llama, so I think my assessment of your posting was based on length not number. I'm gonna have to reassess how I assess. Anyway, not voting for you today.
Brevity is the soul of wit, quoth the Bard.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

and again, going back, the point of it was emphatically not the content of her two day0 posts, but the fact that she was in the thread on at least 3 separate occasions during day0 but still claimed that she was "too busy"

But I left it alone it because it's only a minor thing and she hasn't done anything suspicious since
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 822

Post by DharmaHelper »

thellama73 wrote:

Brevity is the soul of wit, quoth the Bard.
Wu Tang Clan ain't nothing to fuck with, quoth the Wu Tang Clan.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 302

Post by Zombarella »

thellama73 wrote:
Snowman wrote:Thank you Zomberella and SVS. I have no idea if either of you are bad or not, but you boiled down your take on all the players in one post, and I appreciate it. I frankly don't have the time to comb through a couple hundred episodes of "Trice Yells at Everyone" every day. I'll offer my insight and contribute what I can, but I don't see the "discussion" coalescing around anyone in particular. All I see is argument ad nauseum around the D0 poll.

I'm happy to see so many involved, but how do you find so much to talk about when literally nothing has happened yet? The most earth-shattering event so far is the realization that Russ hasn't posted anything.
Waiting for a bandwagon to hop onto? :eye:
:clap:
Turnip Head wrote:I for one welcome our new zombie and llama overlords. May their reign be long, and may their cases always be on point.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 198

Post by S~V~S »

FZ. wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Oh, thanks a lot, BR.

I think it's between Zombarella and Snowman for me. While I hate to vote for Zoombarella after the nice things she said about me, I've seen her play and she's not giving half of it this game. Yeah, she has another game, but this is getting closer to deadline and she's posted just enough to stay under the radar. In the other game she's more aggressive, and came charging into the game. I don't see any of it right now.

You're going to vote for a new player whose only game has been a speed game that was unconventional at most, and who then got dropped into this wild & crazy thread, for being nice to you?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Ebwop...phone posted before I finished

And for not being aggressive enough?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 675

Post by Epignosis »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:Epig, I assume your speculation crumbles if he posts, and you will not believe in your vote any longer?
I have not voted for this exact reason.
Ricochet wrote:The more I think of it, the less I can understand why Epig would want Russ instalynched for his inactivity, and for what purpose, even on a basic "he's baddie for it" level. But since this isn't quite the basic-type of a mafia game, maybe the question "do you think he's baddie" should be elaborated. So Epi:

1. Do you think Russ is Kira? Or any Kira?
2. Do you think Russ is a Shinigami? If yes, why, given that llama and myself have pointed out that it would take three "undetected" players for this type of character to be fleshed out?
3. Do you think Russ is a baddie with no major investement (i.e. a Kira Sympathizer or a Yotsuba non-Kira member)? If yes, what info or further development do you hope to obtain from lynching someone who has not had any contact of any type with anyone else so far?

And just to be clear, no, I am not asking why lynch someone if we think he's a baddie. I'm asking what kind of intelligence do we hope to obtain from lynching an inactive, if he flips bad. Cause if he's a Kira, bullzeye. If he's less than that, no way to make further connections with anyone. If he flips civ, of course, we would simply have lynched a completely inactive player.
1. Yes, specifically Misa.
2. Yes, specifically Rem. I do not think the Shinigami have the same secrets. Some have suggested that Russ could have been targeted by something, but he didn't post on Day 0 even though he voted, so I do not see how anyone would have inflicted him with that.
3. I think Russ would be posting if he could. If this were DP not posting, it would not catch my eye. Russ is a vocal and analytical contributor. As for information, I don't lynch people for the primary purpose of acquiring information (I think that kind of thinking is a dangerous one, but I'm sure some would disagree). With there being such little Mafia BTSC, at least at this juncture, I am not sure you would have much information to work with in most any lynch (pertaining to connections, anyway). Someone suggested that, if Russ is a Shinigami, he may not be capable of being lynched. Were we to lynch him and he not die, my opinion would be firm on him being a Shinigami, and I would dismiss any posts he would make going forward.
Why do you think Russ is Misa and Rem? The word 'or' makes sense here, but you seem to think Russ is two different roles. Help me out here.
No, I don't think Russ is two different roles. I think he is one or the other. I was just answering Ricochet's questions in order.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 542

Post by Ricochet »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:and again, going back, the point of it was emphatically not the content of her two day0 posts, but the fact that she was in the thread on at least 3 separate occasions during day0 but still claimed that she was "too busy"

But I left it alone it because it's only a minor thing and she hasn't done anything suspicious since
I personally have an imagine of a Spacedaisy that'd be evasive/not keen on participating at all (from Film) and I would honestly suspect her myself if she hadn't made that analysis by which to stay true throughout the entire day. Yet I'm feeling the opposite, because of that.
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

Epignosis wrote: No, I don't think Russ is two different roles. I think he is one or the other. I was just answering Ricochet's questions in order.
I've gotta say, I read the synopsis of that episode in question, and I think this particular lore link is tenuous at best. But there has to be some reason Russ doesn't post.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 719
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:Epig, I assume your speculation crumbles if he posts, and you will not believe in your vote any longer?
Ricochet wrote:The more I think of it, the less I can understand why Epig would want Russ instalynched for his inactivity, and for what purpose, even on a basic "he's baddie for it" level. But since this isn't quite the basic-type of a mafia game, maybe the question "do you think he's baddie" should be elaborated. So Epi:

2. Do you think Russ is a Shinigami? If yes, why, given that llama and myself have pointed out that it would take three "undetected" players for this type of character to be fleshed out?
3. Do you think Russ is a baddie with no major investement (i.e. a Kira Sympathizer or a Yotsuba non-Kira member)? If yes, what info or further development do you hope to obtain from lynching someone who has not had any contact of any type with anyone else so far?

And just to be clear, no, I am not asking why lynch someone if we think he's a baddie. I'm asking what kind of intelligence do we hope to obtain from lynching an inactive, if he flips bad. Cause if he's a Kira, bullzeye. If he's less than that, no way to make further connections with anyone. If he flips civ, of course, we would simply have lynched a completely inactive player.
2. Yes, specifically Rem. I do not think the Shinigami have the same secrets. Some have suggested that Russ could have been targeted by something, but he didn't post on Day 0 even though he voted, so I do not see how anyone would have inflicted him with that.
3. I think Russ would be posting if he could. If this were DP not posting, it would not catch my eye. Russ is a vocal and analytical contributor. As for information, I don't lynch people for the primary purpose of acquiring information (I think that kind of thinking is a dangerous one, but I'm sure some would disagree). With there being such little Mafia BTSC, at least at this juncture, I am not sure you would have much information to work with in most any lynch (pertaining to connections, anyway). Someone suggested that, if Russ is a Shinigami, he may not be capable of being lynched. Were we to lynch him and he not die, my opinion would be firm on him being a Shinigami, and I would dismiss any posts he would make going forward.
Why do you think Russ is Misa and Rem? The word 'or' makes sense here, but you seem to think Russ is two different roles. Help me out here.
No, I don't think Russ is two different roles. I think he is one or the other. I was just answering Ricochet's questions in order.
One more question. Do you or don't you think we should lynch Russ today based on his current behavior?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

lol @ BR's vote.

ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

S~V~S wrote:
FZ. wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Oh, thanks a lot, BR.

You're going to vote for a new player whose only game has been a speed game that was unconventional at most, and who then got dropped into this wild & crazy thread, for being nice to you?
Yes, I was going to, and then she came. I saw her on the other game and was really impressed with her take no prisoners attitude, which I'm not really seeing yet, but maybe she'll provide it now. But I have to go, damn it
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Yeah, I'm glad I held off on my vote. I don't think we should be lynching llama today.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Yeah, I'm glad I held off on my vote. I don't think we should be lynching llama today.
Are you going to vote TH?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I guess I'll have to come before I go to sleep and deicde :sigh:
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 1001
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

thellama73 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:To clarify, I only said that if Russ gets insanified tomorrow, it would be inconclusive. Enough observation and we will be able to see a pattern, but 1 or 2 Days is not enough time to establish a pattern. There could be an insanifier in the game was my point.
My point is, why are you establishing such a high burden of proof on Russ specifically? Will you give the same benefit of the doubt to the rest of us? You certainly didn't to me. Yu refuse to even offer an explanation for your vote for me. Shouldn't I be allowed the same three day grace period as Russ? If not, why not?
Because my suspicion of Russ is based entirely upon mechanics of the game, which I believe to be observable. My suspicion of you is not the same.
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

well yeah we already know that your suspicion of llama is based on nothing at all, but that doesn't make your reasoning any more sound
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

FZ. wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Yeah, I'm glad I held off on my vote. I don't think we should be lynching llama today.
I was, but I would vote someone else to save llama at this point, depending on the someone else.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

One more question. Do you or don't you think we should lynch Russ today based on his current behavior?
Yes. Lynching Russ would be my preferred course of action, but I have been waiting for him to post.
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 267
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
FZ. wrote:
I was, but I would vote someone else to save llama at this point, depending on the someone else.
Save him when he has a total of 3 votes, 1 of which was (at least claimed to be) accidental? Reaching just a little bit there.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 179
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:Alright. I've now had to catch up (again!), but only for 4 pages this time.

The only other thing I'd add in for now is that TH's vote for llama with no explanation whatsoever, even though he's had several opportunities to do so, shoots him right up to the top of my list along with Trice.

Unless something else major occurs, I will probably be voting either for Trice or TH.

Linki: Yeah. I was going to say this Day 1 is pretty awesome so far. I knew we were close to where Doctor Who was at the end of Day 1 right about now. At this rate, this game could easily overtake our Doctor Who game in terms of post count. Glad to see so many people invested in this game too! :D
Fixed that for ya. :p
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

boo wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Save him when he has a total of 3 votes, 1 of which was (at least claimed to be) accidental? Reaching just a little bit there.
Good point, I guess I should vote now and cross my fingers.

You all should be voting TH, not llama.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Boomslang »

FZ. wrote:Dang, I need to go, and I don't think I'll be back before going to sleep. I don't feel comfortable voting for any of those with votes yet Zombarealla, if you're a civvie, I'm really sorry.

*votes zombarealla*
Reading over FZ's posts, this desire to vote really seems to come from nowhere for me. He mentions her "saying nice things" about him, with the counterpoint (in the same post) being that she simply hasn't been active in what has been an overwhelmingly complicated thread. He seems torn between her and Snowman, then expresses the decision to vote in his next post, 3 minutes later. Then as soon as she throws up a post, he backpedals. I'm not sure what's going on, but it seems fishy. :eye:
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
boo wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Good point, I guess I should vote now and cross my fingers.

You all should be voting TH, not llama.
Agreed that llama is probably good, and I already laid out my reasons for wanting to vote TH. Ace can wait, as I said he's not as big of a threat to the detective cause right now.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Boomslang wrote:
FZ. wrote:Dang, I need to go, and I don't think I'll be back before going to sleep. I don't feel comfortable voting for any of those with votes yet Zombarealla, if you're a civvie, I'm really sorry.

*votes zombarealla*
Reading over FZ's posts, this desire to vote really seems to come from nowhere for me. He mentions her "saying nice things" about him, with the counterpoint (in the same post) being that she simply hasn't been active in what has been an overwhelmingly complicated thread. He seems torn between her and Snowman, then expresses the decision to vote in his next post, 3 minutes later. Then as soon as she throws up a post, he backpedals. I'm not sure what's going on, but it seems fishy. :eye:

I am considering a vote for FZ actually. She is generally an aggressive civvie. In this game she seems to be flailing, and grasping at weak suspicions. She mentions some of the names coming up a lot, but seems reluctant to actually vote for one of them.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I said earlier I needed to reread her as her and I tend to agree when we are bothciv, and I am not seeing that here at all. So I will reread omn the bus and vote when I get home.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Boomslang wrote:

*votes zombarealla*
Him? He? His?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:
Boomslang wrote:

*votes zombarealla*

I am considering a vote for FZ actually. She is generally an aggressive civvie. In this game she seems to be flailing, and grasping at weak suspicions. She mentions some of the names coming up a lot, but seems reluctant to actually vote for one of them.
An observation I made earlier, and my view hasn't changed on that.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

*gives Epi a cookie*
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:*gives Epi a cookie*
Hey, I want a cookie.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

That wasn't me looking to take credit- I just meant that I agree with your assessment.

And I don't eat many sweets. :meany:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

How about an apple, then? :shifty:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Ricochet wrote:How about an apple, then? :shifty:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Do you know Gods of Death love apples?

bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Finally caught up - reading through here's my thinking:

1) Tricey and Aces - I have a hard time see how tricey doesn't see his quote as misrepresenting what Aces was saying - cuz that's how it read to me as well. That said, he has been looking at other things besides just aces which gives me some decent feelings about him. Aces, while more vocal than he has been of late, does seem pretty lazor focused on tricey and just tricey - there's lots going on. I get being passionate and sure you are right, but wow! Not sure if I feel comfortable voting for either of them.

2) Interesting observations about teefies. I tend to always suspect him for stuff and I'm only right sometimes. I could see voting for him just for his Dr Wo slip up...

3) I have LITERALLY no idea why llama has 3 votes already. TH's isn't really explained, LC never explained why either and BR said she was voting someone else who appears to be no where near Llama on the poll. To top that off, llama's seemed pretty ok to me.

4) I could actually see myself voting FZ. Her focus on Snowman and Zombra seems odd given their neweness to a wonky full game. "Not baddie hunting" feels very pot and kettle from FZ as I've not really seen her do much but try to wiggle out of being caught saying odd things and the whole Zombra not baddie hunting thing.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Epignosis wrote:
That wasn't me looking to take credit- I just meant that I agree with your assessment.

And I don't eat many sweets. :meany:
Given that you are married to the world's greatest baker, that is just the saddest thing I've ever heard. I weep for you.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

FZ. wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
FZ. wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Let me back up. Epi, you said you suspected Rico because his lore-based assumptions seemed disingenuous.

You have made two lore-based assumptions

1) That a majority of the Yotsuba group pose no threat to the Detectives
2) That Russ, someone who (possibly) cannot defend himself from your vote and suspicion, must be bad because he is not posting.

Do you not see how these assumptions can come across as a touch disingenuous? You expect me to believe that you genuinely want to vote for a non-poster given all thats gone on? You expect me to believe that (without any quantifiable proof) Yotsuba are god fearing honest-to-goodness boyscouts?

Come on son.
Why does it even matter at this point? If you think Epi is a Yotsuba, do you really think he's the one we should be focusing on now? Unless you think he's a baddie talking about the Yotsuba. If he's a baddie, making the Yotsuba seem baddies to us is much better strategy. Either way, it's a waste of time
wat

[/domchannel]
What what?
If Epi is Yotsuba, he's definitely not a person we want to lynch first, I think. Because they are not confirmed baddies, or did I get it wrong? If DH thinks he's a baddie because he's not calling the Yotsuba baddies, it makes no sense, because a baddie would want the players to lynch all that are not him, so making the Yotsuba look more like baddies should be his interest
FZ. wrote:The person most likely to feel it's important to depict Yotsuba as good guys is the one who's a Kira
Which is it?

ImageImage
ImageImage
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

well kiras wanting yotsuba to look like good guys makes no tactical sense whatsoever, so probably the first one
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

No, DH. Remember? Talking about the Yotsuba is a waste of time according to FZ.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I see now that she meant the Yotsuba member who is a Kira is the most likely to want to paint the Yotsuba in a positive light

ImageImage
ImageImage
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

Metalmarsh89 wrote: While DH and Epi tango, and trice and Aces rave, boo feels like the odd one out in this party.
@ MM – Boo? Really? I do not like that you suspect Boo. Boo’s analysis of the vote on D0 was super civvie.

@DH – your theory about Epi presenting himself as Yakisoba (or whatever) is good! It tells me that Epi is cognizant of the fact that he has a big target on his back. Also, I am officially withdrawing my “New Player Card.” I am up to speed and ready to play for real now.

@Epi – I feel like MP was pretty clear about the fact that we didn’t need to know about DeathNote in order to play. A baddie mechanic that makes it so they can’t post seems like something that would contradict that. However, @ TurnipHead – The “strict daily schedule” actually does imply that there might be posting restrictions. Either way, the person who doesn’t post is likely bad. So Llama is right, why wouldn’t you want to lunch him?
Turnip Head wrote:We must continue to observe his behavior until there can be no doubt.
No doubt? That is not a likely mafia game scenario. And then there’s this:
Turnip Head wrote:
Matahari wrote:
triceratopzeuhl wrote:I mean, it truly would remove any doubt if Russ starts posting insanified posts for day 2
Not really. :ponder:
Mata is right. If Russ starts posting insanified posts on Day 2, we cannot rule out that another player targeted him with this ability to make him appear more suspicious. If that happens, we would need to observe him on Day 3 as well.
3 days? Then 4? When does it end?
FZ. wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I have not ruled out voting for Russ in subsequent lynches, and hopefully by then we'll also hear his side of the story (if the silence only lasts today).
Did you get a challenge to vote for llama and get people talking about how ridiculous your vote is?
No. I voted for llama because I wanted to.
Oh well, in that case...
@FZ I’m totally with you on this.
Turnip Head wrote:I for one welcome our new zombie and llama overlords. May their reign be long, and may their cases always be on point.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Zomberella12 wrote:@Epi – I feel like MP was pretty clear about the fact that we didn’t need to know about DeathNote in order to play. A baddie mechanic that makes it so they can’t post seems like something that would contradict that.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
S~V~S wrote: Also, @ MP~ is a knowledge of Death Note necessary to effectively play this game?
No, never. I feel very strongly about this.

As in any other game I host, I always like to heavily ground my mafia games in their themes as well as try to structure the game around the theme as much as I can, in order to keep the "feel" of the theme I'm utilizing. But absolutely no knowledge of the theme is necessary to play it, and having such knowledge may allow one to speculate more easily, but it gives such players no advantage.
MP is not going to ask us trivia questions about Death Note and award prizes, for example. However, that "may allow one to speculate more easily" is in fact something of an advantage with this many secrets involved and a host who appreciates the art of translating a complex story to a mafia game. That's my take.
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

thellama73 wrote:So TH is bad:
FZ. wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I noticed somebody has already voted for Llama. They must feel pretty confident about their vote.
When I said I was waiting to see something, it was regarding TH. all the last games I've played with him (at least to the extent I remember), when he was a civ, he voted almost last. He's a lot more indecisive. This very early vote gets you the :eye: and maybe even my vote
TH is acting out of character:
FZ. wrote:Two things are catching my eye at the moment:

1. Way too many people are behaving out of character.
Epi wants to vote for an absent player.
TH is voting early for llama without any reason whatsoever.
Ace is apparently posting a lot more than people are used from him.
I had more, but I forgot by the time I got here.

2. There seems to be some very strong 1 on 1 battles, which is something I'm not used to seeing in these games, especially not on day 1
DH and Epi
Ace and Trice
TH and llama

I'm assuming this is somehow related to the nature of the game, but I'm also thinking that maybe there are roles of winning terms that require taking out a specific player. Not sure what it says about the alignment of the players. I've played games where one of the mafia had to kill another in order to win, and I know the opposite can be done as well.

But these strong convictions are worrying on day 1 to say the least.
TH is suddenly good:
FZ. wrote:SVS, you said that you expect baddies not to be as aggressive because they don't know who they are lynching. But the thing is, they'll probably be voting anyway, and the chances of them getting a baddie are just as high when they play a less aggressive game. I would say this is their chance to go really strongly after players because if they take out one of their own, they'll just end up looking good without having to carry the guilt of throwing a team mate under the bus ("hey, I didn't know").

So maybe those going so strongly after others have an agenda after all :ponder:

linki: llama, the thing that's making me hesitate with TH is the fact that he seems so casual and laid back, which I agree with SVS is more indicative of his civ game
TH continues to act out of character:
FZ. wrote:It's funny how TH is not even trying to come up with a reason to vote llama
TH CONTINUES to act out of character:
FZ. wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
triceratopzeuhl wrote:I can think of a few reasons for TH to not want to vote for somebody he thinks is bad

1) TH is bad and doesn't want to kill a teammate
2) TH is bad and knows that's not his teammate, but doesn't want to be involved with lynching a civ
3) TH threw out a random idea he doesn't even believe

anyone got other theories?

FWIW, I never made the connection before that the strict daily regimen thing would mean posting challenges, but it seems possible now that it's been pointed out
I have not ruled out voting for Russ in subsequent lynches, and hopefully by then we'll also hear his side of the story (if the silence only lasts today).
Did you get a challenge to vote for llama and get people talking about how ridiculous your vote is?
TH is good and anyone who says otherwise must die. This emerged slightly after TH openly said he doesn't want to lynch baddies.
FZ. wrote: Crazy enough, I'm actually contemplating voting for llama. I don't feel like he's his usual self. I feel like he knows TH's reason for voting him can't be true baddie TH, because he wouldn't do that, yet he's going after him and trying to find something to justify it with. I also don't think that TH's indecisiveness regarding the D0 vote was fishy in any way, and I don't think llama really thought it was either.
Something about how llama is playing strikes me as not genuine
Also there's this. People defending Yotsuba are likely bad:
FZ. wrote:The person most likely to feel it's important to depict Yotsuba as good guys is the one who's a Kira
Discussing Yotsuba is a waste of time. Nothing to see here.
FZ. wrote: Why does it even matter at this point? If you think Epi is a Yotsuba, do you really think he's the one we should be focusing on now? Unless you think he's a baddie talking about the Yotsuba. If he's a baddie, making the Yotsuba seem baddies to us is much better strategy. Either way, it's a waste of time
Nobody's buying what you're selling, FZ.
I am a little. I don't think its weird to change your mind as ppl put up more posts and time goes on. As I read this, it sounds like FZ is actually trying to figure out who is what. It doesn't sound flip floppy - it sounds thoughtful.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 224
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
triceratopzeuhl wrote:If that's the best case you can come up with, you're not going to manage to lynch a civ today like you so badly want to
What?
I defend myself from DH/him, and at the same time level my own accusations, he responds by saying "im gonna lynch u now" instead of defending himself, what are you asking about? Aceofspades is:

L/Light supporter
low poster
sharing other people's ideas exclusively - without even going back to the original "suspicious" posts

it's not concrete but it's multiple pings - lynching baddies consistently is about either an obvious slip (there have been none yet by anybody) or behaviour recognition over the course of several days.

If I have time this evening I'll read back through the thread and determine which people aceofspades is pulling theories from (be nice if he had used quotes instead of barely rephrasing) - if they are similarly L/Light supporters with other pings, I'm probably on to something here.

As I said before, keeping an eye on people who do something isn't remotely the same thing as lynching somebody for doing something - which is what DH and AceOfSpades are bother trying to do. The game isn't the simplistic - not if you want to win. Flag it and continue playing, vote the players with the most flags.
Tricer did you ever do this? I did not see anything about it in your posts.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 38

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

boo wrote:
But, it wasn't without purpose, because I'm pretty sure I'll be voting for BWT today.

He's done in D0 the kind of thing I said I would find suspicious. In his first post he establishes he'll be going with normal or L/Light, saying he's leaning normal (rehashing things other people have said for why it's the better choice).

Next post swings him to L/Light using a quote from DH. It's really just designed to show open-mindedness.

The next one sort of swings back to normal without doing it in full measure. Just questioning DH's ideas in a way other people have already done.

Then he votes L/Light (saying DH talked him into it) in his next post, but imo nothing in the quote he pulled from DH that he says convinced him is new stuff from DH at that point that BWT hadn't previously said he didn't fully support. It wasn't a vote out of nowhere, it was a vote that allowed him to take minimal responsibility in any scenario.

Couple of more D0 posts that are important. There are some D1 posts that are mostly fluff or disagreeing with some small things.

Then we have this post (the bass part being what is relevant):
birdwithteeth11 wrote:Okay. That was a little intense. But I think I have a pretty good idea of what direction(s) I'm leaning towards for this lynch.

Definitely not Epig and DH. I read all that shit twice (thanks for that you fools :P), and I need time for it to absorb into my brain. Needless to say, I don't see anything for either of you, or boo for that matter, that makes me think anything other than "This is just DH/Epig/boo being DH/Epig/boo".

Aces I'm okay on. I was gung-ho to vote for him, until I went back and actually read his reasoning on the Day 0 vote. And then it became pretty clear that Trice took his post entirely out of context by quote-snipping. Given the way that Trice continues to hold onto his IMO fairly weak case, plus taking someone out-of-context, plus making a lot of posts that don't really contribute anything until Aces went and brought Trice up, I could see myself potentially voting for Trice today.

Daisy I feel good about for now. I think her fly-by vote would have been more suspicious if she'd come back in and tried to keep justifying her vote. But since she already had, I can give her a pass.

Bass I do not feel good about. He feels like the type of low-poster who is doing just enough to fly under the radar, but still seem like he's paying attention. I'd feel bad voting for someone that can't be around to defend themselves, but I could be pressed to vote in his direction if I decide to go the route of voting a low-poster.

So I'd say right now, I'm considering a vote for either Trice or bass. I'm sure I might have forgotten some other thoughts with how much I just read, but feel free to ask questions for me if you want my opinion on something else.

Linki: Look forward to hearing your insights, BR!
He doesn't reference what I had said about bass here, but he doesn't add anything to it (really just seems like he picked a low poster out of a hat and decided to say he could vote for them). Keep in mind, in this post he says he knows how he could vote, but does not (and up to this point has not) mention that he is seriously considering Trice.

A few posts dealing with llama/TH stuff, I guess he was trying to set it sorted out in his mind.

Then we get this post:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Snowman wrote:Thank you Zomberella and SVS. I have no idea if either of you are bad or not, but you boiled down your take on all the players in one post, and I appreciate it. I frankly don't have the time to comb through a couple hundred episodes of "Trice Yells at Everyone" every day. I'll offer my insight and contribute what I can, but I don't see the "discussion" coalescing around anyone in particular. All I see is argument ad nauseum around the D0 poll.

I'm happy to see so many involved, but how do you find so much to talk about when literally nothing has happened yet? The most earth-shattering event so far is the realization that Russ hasn't posted anything.
Waiting for a bandwagon to hop onto? :eye:
Hmmm...good point.

Alright. I can probably add TH and Snowman to my list, albeit I would still rank them below Trice and bass. So my list currently goes:

1) Trice
2) bass
3) TH/Snowman
Where Trice has gone from being someone BWT has barely talked to/about (there was one Trice post he quoted to say he agreed with, it was about Kira's being the #1 target) to being his primary suspect. I'm going to go ahead and say that's because at the time of this post, Trice has taken the 2 votes he's still currently sitting at and the odds are good he'll take more before the day is out.

Then in his most recent post, you challenge his bass suspicion, he cites my post about bass, and sets himself up to vote Trice if he doesn't vote bass (Trice being his top choice, but who knows how the wind will be blowing when BWT chooses to vote, right?).

So that's where I am.

some linki, just going to get this through and read.
Alright. Let's start with the Day 0 stuff.

I was interested in the L/Light idea because of it being something unique that's never been tried before. That alone interested me. Plus, I figured we might be able to gain some info based on the results of each lynch, and be able to figure out which votes counted and which didn't. I know some people talked about potential cons, but I figured if L had a good idea of who was good and bad, then it could be a huge swing in the civvies' favor. DH's reasoning simply convinced me it was the right decision is all.

I thought in my first mention of bass, I had mentioned your reasoning for looking at him. Apparently I did not. So I apologize for that one. But I thought I had referenced back to your original post about him. Also, the reason I hadn't mentioned Trice was because I was still in the middle of trying to catch up. I hadn't made it through the entire back and forth (up to that point) between him and Aces.

If you want to think I only latched onto Trice because of him having votes, you can think that but you'd be wrong. My biggest ping on him came from him misquoting Aces, and then building IMO a weak case on it and hounding Aces about it.

As for which way the wind blows, that's not how I vote. I vote based on who I think is most likely to be bad. And that is still Trice for me.

I don't think anything else is going to change my mind on Trice, so I went ahead and voted for him.

Votes Trice
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

FZ. wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Oh, thanks a lot, BR.

Agggh! I'm reading. I'm trying! I just figured out that in regular mafia defending people makes you look bad! I NEVER should have started with the Donner game.

Return to “Previous Jobs”