Post by LittleTiger »

Voted Poison.
ImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 53

Re: MacGyver Mafia: The Cheesiest :D

Post by Vompatti »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:Alright. So here we go. This is everything that sticks out about Vomps to me.

Most of his first few posts are either nonsense or don't have much of value to them. So I will skip re-posting them.

This is the first time he voted for MP. He claims it was for MP randomizing his vote. However, given everything that has happened with MP and us having talked about that topic outside of any mafia games, I can't see a time when he would ever randomize. And I don't think he did in this game so this seems like an odd response.
Vompatti wrote:Whoops, almost missed it. Voted for MP for randomizing.
Here is where he claims he "randomized" for boo, but could have gone for MP again. No explanation on why he would have voted for MP really, other than "gut feeling".
Vompatti wrote:
boo wrote:
Vompatti wrote:Voted for boo in a hurry, could just as well have voted for MP.
Well this is the worst vote yet. Clearly someone is paying zero attention to what's going on or is a liar.
Browsed through the thread and would still vote the same way because gut feeling.
Vomps asks MP why he is on his list, and MP later says it's because Vomps didn't give any reason for voting for him or boo other than randomizing. Definitely strikes me as really odd. Did MP actually agree with Dex's list or not? I don't remember what happened there.
Vompatti wrote:
Kate wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Why me? :shrug:
What do you think of the person making the accusation?
MP? I think it's a bit odd that he agreed without any argument with Dex's random list of names above and that he wouldn't say why he has his eye on me particularly. Besides that and the randomization thing at the beginning of the game I don't find him particularly suspicious, although I can't say I trust him either.
Here is Kate's opinion on it and Vomps' response. I didn't think of it before, but it's entirely possible MP and Vomps could be throwing each other under the bus here, and trying to distance themselves. Any opinions on this one?
Vompatti wrote:
Kate wrote:
A little bus throwing possibly? He loves to do that in games where you win with your team, dead or alive.

I had to cut a post out, too many to allow me to repost.
Assuming he's bad I don't think that would be a good strategy this early in the game, especially since it seems he'll probably be lynched soon.
This one is definitely REALLY odd. I almost feel like there's some subliminal message or something hinting BTSC here.
Vompatti wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote: Because you came in here and voted for either me or boo and you didn't seem to have a good reason for either. Care to elaborate at all?

Also, I did not agree with Dex's list at all. I said I have my eye on all of them. Very different story.
What if I told you I "randomized" between the two of you? ;D
Then we have these 2 posts:
Vompatti wrote:To be honest I'm inclined to vote for MP at this point as his tl;dr defence didn't convince me, but I'd also like to hear how Dex came up with his list of names.
Vompatti wrote:I didn't vote yet in case something comes up. No, I'm not sure, but he seems the most suspicious to me at the moment.
They're practically back-to-back. So you lean toward MP the most, but you aren't willing to vote him yet? I mean, I understand him wanting to hear Dex out, but you already voted for him once for no reason, so wouldn't it make it easier to vote him again if you honestly believe he is bad? :ponder:
Vompatti wrote:
Kate wrote:You didn't think that voting to break a tie would be subject to scrutiny?
I didn't think about that, I just thought that it would be useless to vote for someone other than boo or MP and since missing the vote seems to be generally frowned upon I picked one of the two which happened to break the tie.
So you have no suspicions whatsoever, except for the 2 people you "randomized" for. And you can't even back either of those 2 up?

Also, he immediately votes for MP again. Jumping on the bandwagon here, are we?
Vompatti wrote:
Kate wrote:
boo wrote:
I'm fairly confident vomp is his teammate, and that's probably where my vote is going tomorrow. It was pretty well clinched by the time he voted MP, and his D2 vote made ZERO sense as he said it was either me or MP (a split decision which made no sense), and it was the deciding vote in that lynch.
I agree wholeheartedly.
How would voting for MP have made more sense? Obviously he turned out to be bad but I'm not exactly getting civ vibes out of boo either.
Lastly, he claims to be happy about getting a baddie, but then subtly pushes boo again. This time he says he doesn't get civ vibes from boo, but again, no explanation why.

In conclusion, I think Vomps looks extremely suspicious here. And it's possible we may have found MP's teammate. :eye:
As should be apparent I didn't "randomize" any more than MP did. I voted for whom I felt like voting for, MP clearly stated (whether it was true or not) that he randomized between three or four names.

Secondly, why should I explain why I don't trust boo when I don't really trust anyone yet? (Incidentally I'm more suspicious of him now that he says he was going to vote for someone other than MP (who?) but played it safe and went with MP.

Thirdly, how can you find it suspicious that I didn't cast an early vote for MP when I obviously wasn't sure if he's bad or not? Or, if you're assuming I was convinced he's bad, why do you claim my first vote for him was "for no reason"?
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

By the way, doesn't Mötley Crüe seem like the obvious baddie choice here? :ponder:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Dex »

I'm voting Cinderella because I don't know them at all which at least makes them stand out from the others for me.

As for Vomps, both Boo and BWT are on my "almost certainly civ" list so I am willing to go along with them on this.
*indiglowing*
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Dex wrote:I'm voting Cinderella because I don't know them at all which at least makes them stand out from the others for me.

As for Vomps, both Boo and BWT are on my "almost certainly civ" list so I am willing to go along with them on this.
Really? I'm sure BWT would like you to explain why.

Image Image Image
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

Vompatti wrote:Really? I'm sure BWT would like you to explain why.
But you wouldn't?
*indiglowing*
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Dex wrote:
Vompatti wrote:Really? I'm sure BWT would like you to explain why.
But you wouldn't?
Not really. :wine:

Image Image Image
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 35
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

voted poison.
Banners
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 139

Post by thellama73 »

BIH bending! investigating Cinderalla
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Flyin' High »

Hello everyone! I am going to start getting caught up on the thread now. :)
ImageImage

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 68

Post by S~V~S »

OK, heres the deal. I am going to try to bring the post back a bit earlier tonight. Then the Day Phase is going to be 48 hours for this one day~ I am baby sitting my two autistic nieces tomorrow, and online time will be out of the question (as will phone, while non verbal, like all 8 & 10 year old girls, there is nothing they love more than playing with a smartphone, lol) and I will try to have the Lynch Post for that Day end a bit closer to 7:30 Eastern on Monday.

Thanks for your patience with this~ and I hope you guys are having fun playing, becasue i am really enjoying hosting this one <3
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 45

Post by Russtifinko »

Good thing for me that this day phase will be long-it's been hard to catch up this weekend when I don't have my commute!

First off, GREAT that we got a baddie last lynch! Really good work everyone.

Second, MP, glad to see your role gone but I wanted to thank you for the spreadsheet anyway. Hopefully it'll be a help for games to come.

Thirdly, my early thoughts on the next lynch: INH/LT2.0 is still my biggest suspect, personally. I understand why a lot of people are pinged by Vompatti right now, and I do agree that his votes look bad. To me they almost look too bad, actually. I'm inclined to think he'd hide it better if he were truly bad.

I'm also curious you're getting your lists of names from, especially how BWT and boo ended up on his "almost certainly civ" list. Care to explain? You haven't pinged me or anything, I'm just curious because my list looks very different from yours, and I'm hoping to be able to follow your train of logic. I also noticed I made your ping list for not having voted MP. I'll refer you to my post that day, where I noted the lynch had already been decided when I voted. I most likely would have gone MP at the time if it had been at all in doubt.

Lastly, voting order from yesterday, anyone?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

and voting Ratt

Process of elimination. I can't stand Poison and am often driven crazy by overplayed Motley Crüe at work, and I haven't heard of Cinderella.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Really sorry for triple posting! Want to get this down before I go to bed. FH, someone said you had a good spreadsheet that you might be willing to share, is that true?

And I either didn't know or had totally forgotten you were playing, but welcome (back?)!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Russtifinko wrote:Really sorry for triple posting! Want to get this down before I go to bed. FH, someone said you had a good spreadsheet that you might be willing to share, is that true?

And I either didn't know or had totally forgotten you were playing, but welcome (back?)!
Wasn't playing until just this night phase, she replaced AATB.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LittleTiger »

Russtifinko wrote:Good thing for me that this day phase will be long-it's been hard to catch up this weekend when I don't have my commute!

First off, GREAT that we got a baddie last lynch! Really good work everyone.

Second, MP, glad to see your role gone but I wanted to thank you for the spreadsheet anyway. Hopefully it'll be a help for games to come.

Thirdly, my early thoughts on the next lynch: INH/LT2.0 is still my biggest suspect, personally. I understand why a lot of people are pinged by Vompatti right now, and I do agree that his votes look bad. To me they almost look too bad, actually. I'm inclined to think he'd hide it better if he were truly bad.

I'm also curious you're getting your lists of names from, especially how BWT and boo ended up on his "almost certainly civ" list. Care to explain? You haven't pinged me or anything, I'm just curious because my list looks very different from yours, and I'm hoping to be able to follow your train of logic. I also noticed I made your ping list for not having voted MP. I'll refer you to my post that day, where I noted the lynch had already been decided when I voted. I most likely would have gone MP at the time if it had been at all in doubt.

Lastly, voting order from yesterday, anyone?
Well, now that I know INH's role, I can assure you that he was a civvie, and therefore, so am I... still. As I said, he was one of my suspects also until I replaced him and discovered he was civvie!
ImageImage
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

Okay, I have mostly gotten caught up on this game. For a speed game ya'll sure post a lot! XD

@Russ: Yes I do have a nice spreadsheet template, it is similar to the one MP posted, but has a few more categories. I'll upload it in a bit when I have some time tonight.

I am torn on LT 2.0 because INH screamed baddie to me while doing my read-through and I was all set to quote him and why I thought he was a baddie mcbadderson until I got to the part where LT replaced in for him... But I read very fast and need to probably do a more thorough thread read when I have a bit more time to absorb it all. :shrug:

Gonna vote Ratt for no real reason other than that's the poll choice that sounds the coolest to me.

And yay on getting a baddie. :bounce:
ImageImage

Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

Oh, is ratt the host option? Facepalm. Welp, yeah, so, :sigh: .
ImageImage

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

No, I just forgot to put a host option. Vote away :)
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 60
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Flyin' High wrote:Okay, I have mostly gotten caught up on this game. For a speed game ya'll sure post a lot! XD

@Russ: Yes I do have a nice spreadsheet template, it is similar to the one MP posted, but has a few more categories. I'll upload it in a bit when I have some time tonight.
I would also like a copy.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 42

Post by reywaS »

Flyin' High wrote:Okay, I have mostly gotten caught up on this game. For a speed game ya'll sure post a lot! XD

I am torn on LT 2.0 because INH screamed baddie to me while doing my read-through and I was all set to quote him and why I thought he was a baddie mcbadderson until I got to the part where LT replaced in for him... But I read very fast and need to probably do a more thorough thread read when I have a bit more time to absorb it all. :shrug:

Gonna vote Ratt for no real reason other than that's the poll choice that sounds the coolest to me.

And yay on getting a baddie. :bounce:
What about LT's posts make you think INH/LT isn't a baddie? Is it just the denial? Because LT's posts have done nothing to make me think INH wasn't a baddie. All I've seen her say is what I would expect any baddie to say when replacing in for someone.
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

That post sounded much more accusing than I meant it to. LOL. I'm not saying LT is definitely a baddie, but my suspicion of INH has not been lessened from what she's said so far.
Some day, Some day
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LittleTiger »

Well, I can see how this next day is going to go down....

I do think the actual baddies will be actively pushing for me to be lynched...since they obviously will know that I am, in fact a civve... right FH, reywaS? ;)
ImageImage
Zany Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 50

Post by Zany Dex »

reywaS wrote:That post sounded much more accusing than I meant it to. LOL. I'm not saying LT is definitely a baddie, but my suspicion of INH has not been lessened from what she's said so far.
I agree and LT's ^ underhand NO U has not made me feel any better
a stopped clock is right twice a day
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

So, I'm a baddie now because I still think INH was suspicious? LMAO.
Some day, Some day
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LittleTiger »

He-Man wrote:
reywaS wrote:That post sounded much more accusing than I meant it to. LOL. I'm not saying LT is definitely a baddie, but my suspicion of INH has not been lessened from what she's said so far.

What? :sigh:
ImageImage
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

LittleTiger wrote:
He-Man wrote:

What? :sigh:
LittleTiger wrote:Well, I can see how this next day is going to go down....

I do think the actual baddies will be actively pushing for me to be lynched...since they obviously will know that I am, in fact a civve... right FH, reywaS? ;)
this to me read like a No U.
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LittleTiger »

reywaS wrote:So, I'm a baddie now because I still think INH was suspicious? LMAO.

No, but the BADDIES know that INH is NOT a baddie ;)

One team.... speed game.... so there can't be a NO U response to what I said :D

Go for it. Lynch me. I am sure you will be very sorry and apologetic when it is revealed that I am telling the truth.
ImageImage
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

There are two teams.
Some day, Some day
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LittleTiger »

reywaS wrote:There are two teams.
LOL! I read that Baddies section as being one team - now after having a closer look I see the presence of TWO teams. :| I take back the "baddies know" bit.

BUT, I am still a civvie.
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

[center][/center]

MacGyver stared at the girl with the infectious laugh. Damn! He was on this boat to get a job done, not to fall in love. The girl turned around and smiled at him. She extended her tiny little hand and said, "Hi, I'm Penny. Are you Angus MacGyver?"

He smiled. She knew his name.

[center]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/center]

reywaS was idly reading a magazine when he got a mysterious message from a mysterious stranger. It was a slip of paper slid under his door of course, no email or test messages in the 80's, don't you know.

[quote]כעת, עליך להציב בעברית, לפחות 16 הודעות זה 48 שעות תקופה של יום.[/quote]

He turned on his TV set, and every channel played this:

[center][/center]

It was quite random, he was not sure what to think. He decided to go down to the bar and think about it all over a cocktail.

[center]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/center]

Dex was in the ship casino, watching the show. The chorus girls were very lovely, if family friendly. He picked up his drink, it smelled faintly of almonds. He hated almonds, so he put it down and decided to go to the bar and get an almond free drink.

He sat down next to reywaS, who was sniffing his drink with a wrinkled nose. Dex said, "Almonds? Mine smelled funny too, maybe its the water? I am gonna get a beer in a bottle, no funny stuff that way".

"מזל טוב!!" Said reywaS, and he pushed his drink away, got up and walked away.

No one has died~

This was a complex night, please do not post until I say it's OK :ninja:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

OK, I think I got everything; if you expect a PM and did not get one, let me know :)

We had a few missing PMs :(

As I said earlier, this poll is running 48 hours. Sorry for that, but I would rather do that than make you wait until whenever for the post.

PMs are out, post away~
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

LittleTiger wrote:Voted Poison.
This sounds funny given how the night post went down. :|
*indiglowing*
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

זה אמור להיות כיף.
Some day, Some day
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Well, I still don't think LT is a baddie. I was suspicious of INH for a time, but for some reasons I'm not interested in sharing (some of you know, and those who do I think would go to the top of my list if they were to come out against LT) I changed my mind days ago (not to say she's a civvie, just not at the top of my list as a baddie). We'll see how LT plays going forward, but I'm not ready to vote for her, and I don't think any civvie should. That being said, I can still understand the suspicion and can see civvie votes going there, but for today, it would be a mistake to do that.

I want to get rid of MPs teammate, and I am nearly certain that is not LT. If she is bad, it will be on the other team, and I don't think that should be today's concern. I'm reasonably confident vomp is either MPs teammate or an indy, and either way, those are roles I think we should be lynching (specifically his teammate, but I wouldn't be upset to see an indie lynched), so I'm fairly confident my vote will be going there.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

The hebrew from the night post translated:
Now, you must place in Hebrew, at least 16 messages to each 48-hour period of the day.

So I guess 15 more messages from rey.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

reywaS wrote:זה אמור להיות כיף.
"This should be fun."

That there's a useful post rey :P
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Grand Scheme
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Grand Scheme »

I pity the fool who isn't looking at thellama!

Vompatti could possibly use a good swing from a rope!

Be careful civvies or its game over!
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LittleTiger »

I agree with The A Team! I voted llama last time and I will probably do so again....
ImageImage
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

LittleTiger wrote:I agree with The A Team! I voted llama last time and I will probably do so again....
You agree with them?!? Who the heck ARE they?
*indiglowing*
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

boo wrote:
reywaS wrote:זה אמור להיות כיף.
"This should be fun."

That there's a useful post rey :P
Giggity. מעולם לא אמרתי כי צריך lynched LT. אני פשוט לא חושב שהיא אמרה משהו כמו של עוד להפחתת שלי בחשד INH. אני שואל מישהו למה הם היו פחות חשודים אותה כעת. זה נראה כאילו יש כמה דברים BTS שמציעה שיכול להיות שהיא civvie?
Some day, Some day
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LittleTiger »

Dex wrote:
LittleTiger wrote:I agree with The A Team! I voted llama last time and I will probably do so again....
The A Team of course!!!
ImageImage
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

And why was rey's directive to post in hebrew in the night post anyway? I do indeed find the whole thing random, and am not sure what to think.
*indiglowing*
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 164

Post by Snow Dog »

Dex wrote:
Disconcerting this one. We should trust the A-Team surly? But do we want to fall into some cunning enemy trick? Could this be an ersatz A- Team? A Sub...the B-Team?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

I'm not sure why or like the push away from vomp, I think this is where we need to concentrate today.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

boo and LT: my initial reaction is really wanting to believe you both, but you have to realize neither of you has offered any actual evidence or reasons to believe you, at least not that someone in my position would understand. Boo, is the secret evidence you mentioned really something you don't want to share, or are you not allowed or something? Your post made it sound like you just didn't want to take the effort to write it down.

What do others make of the A-Team? We haven't gotten a chemistry book post yet, and my first thought was that they're an awesomer, more 80s version of that. It sounded to me like penny found MacGyver last night (great work by the way, penny!) and my guess is that the two events are related. This all makes me very inclined to listen to the A team.

Also, great that we avoided another lynch!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

Russtifinko wrote:boo and LT: my initial reaction is really wanting to believe you both, but you have to realize neither of you has offered any actual evidence or reasons to believe you, at least not that someone in my position would understand. Boo, is the secret evidence you mentioned really something you don't want to share, or are you not allowed or something? Your post made it sound like you just didn't want to take the effort to write it down.

What do others make of the A-Team? We haven't gotten a chemistry book post yet, and my first thought was that they're an awesomer, more 80s version of that. It sounded to me like penny found MacGyver last night (great work by the way, penny!) and my guess is that the two events are related. This all makes me very inclined to listen to the A team.

Also, great that we avoided another lynch!
You not so thrilled about us avoiding another night kill? :WTF:
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Haha thanks He-Man.

EBWOP: Great that we avoided another night kill!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

LittleTiger wrote:Well, I can see how this next day is going to go down....

Wow, way to turn on me real quick for simply mentioning INH. :evileye: If you read my post carefully you'd see that I said I was uber suspicious of INH while reading the thread for the first time, then when I saw you got subbed in for him, it gave me pause and made me want to go back through the thread and read more slowly.

But your fast switcheroo onto me I find doesn't calm my feelings on the matter.

Anyway, another person who had stood out to me on my read of this thread was the llama. This is mostly a gut feeling because his posts don't have the same feel as they did/do in MOTU mafia. But again, I read the thread very fast to try to get up to speed in this game and want to take time to read through some parts more slowly.
ImageImage

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Russtifinko wrote:
We haven't gotten a chemistry book post yet,
Since we have a longer day period today, 48 hours, I thought I would spread it out a bit and post The Science Facts today~ it is coming up shortly

Also, when making the poll yesterday, I forgot that Flyin High should not be on it, as LT was not on it when she came back. I don't like putting replacements on the poll, and I meant to leave her off, but forgot. So~

**DON'T VOTE FOR FLYIN' HIGH, since a vote for Flyin' High won't count**

Return to “Previous Side Missions”