Death Note Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 96

Re: Death Note Mafia [DAY 4]

Post by Spacedaisy »

:sigh: I. Hate. Decoding. I suck at it and I don't bother trying. I'm grateful for the work you all did, and now we can focus on the lynch.

Epi: other than a couple small things, I've found him to be the most logical voice in the thread. i don't see myself voting for him.

DH: I think DH and Epi are tunnel vision where each other are concerned. If one of the two is bad I would believe it of DH before Epi, but I don't see it here either.

TH: I have flipped back and forth so often, but it comes down to this... If any of the people who seem to be implying that they are or simply playing like they are Shinigami, TH is the one I most believe could be pulling the wool over our eyes. He is a much more masterful player than this and even though I used to think he was wanting to be lynched, I've come to the point now where I think it was a ploy and am ready to lynch him.

Bea: I have not seen anything that stands out as bad from bea to me, but it is true she would kill SVS. I don't know about LC though. I just don't feel confident in a vote for her yet.

Made: what is the case for Made? I think I missed this one.

Russ: his absence yet again makes me willing to vote him. It was fishy the first time around and is again now. have we had other silencings so far? Or could this be his role mechanic for some reason?

I need sleep. Night guys.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Dom »

Enjoy, everyone!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 822

Post by DharmaHelper »

Spacedaisy wrote::sigh: I. Hate. Decoding. I suck at it and I don't bother trying. I'm grateful for the work you all did, and now we can focus on the lynch.

Epi: other than a couple small things, I've found him to be the most logical voice in the thread. i don't see myself voting for him.

DH: I think DH and Epi are tunnel vision where each other are concerned. If one of the two is bad I would believe it of DH before Epi, but I don't see it here either.

TH: I have flipped back and forth so often, but it comes down to this... If any of the people who seem to be implying that they are or simply playing like they are Shinigami, TH is the one I most believe could be pulling the wool over our eyes. He is a much more masterful player than this and even though I used to think he was wanting to be lynched, I've come to the point now where I think it was a ploy and am ready to lynch him.

Bea: I have not seen anything that stands out as bad from bea to me, but it is true she would kill SVS. I don't know about LC though. I just don't feel confident in a vote for her yet.

Made: what is the case for Made? I think I missed this one.

Russ: his absence yet again makes me willing to vote him. It was fishy the first time around and is again now. have we had other silencings so far? Or could this be his role mechanic for some reason?

Very sound analysis.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I will add before I go to bed, and I'm sorry if this has been mentioned before but SD's saying that Russ's role mechanic could be at work here does have me thinking that it is possible for X Kira's "Secret secrets" to involve his schedule. Again, 1,000 apologies if this has been mentioned before, but I agree that it could be possible.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Made I need a hug my brother help me out

ImageImage
ImageImage
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 63

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Yeah that's what I was thinking, and why I could very well vote him.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 179
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

I was a dumbass. - and on the phone with a friend from home when I was posting. My apologies DH - you did not say that - MM did.

MM may now be my enemy forever. - Kidding now. For realzies. I read it wrong. I'm sorry for that.

I like the idea of playful pink. I think it would help the humor a lot. :)

Daisy reads sound to me. I like her thinking. excepting her whole thinking I'd kill SVS - if it was BDH - maybe - yea. But I really have a weak spot with SVS that's unlike any other player.

the tl:dr version of the "case" on made was that he's low and blendy - he posted that weird "lets help the kira's win" post -and he posted today with a little contributing thing to the coding that looked like helping but wasn't helping at all much. He's been before that - only active the second day of lynching dispite the fact that he should know at this point that he should check into the thread more often.

I'm sorry I was a giant butthead. Please forgive me. :hugs:
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 1001
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Count me on board for a Russ lynch. I was saying he was X Kira before it was cool to say. Though if he is on a posting schedule, he's probably gaining powers of some sort even as we speak...
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 98
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

AceofSpaces wrote:Has Made posted at all during this day cycle? I don't think he has.
he has not :|
AceofSpaces wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
AceofSpaces wrote:Has Made posted at all during this day cycle? I don't think he has.
Can you blame him?
No, but it is a little weird to see 22 players alive and only 12 posting. Are puzzles really that scary?
it's not the puzzle, it's just the size of the game. I'll probably continue saying this until everyone dies(or people lynch me for saying it everytime I post :rolleyes: ), but this is a fast moving, and intimidating game.
That said, I want to contribute, so here's contributions:
Epignosis wrote:I am going to take the initiative and vote DharmaHelper now. I think he's disingenuous, and I think he's gone after me for sloppy reasons.
having not seen the show, i don't get the "episode 18" stuff you're referring to, but didn't you just say you thought DH was a detective, or at least might be?
Epignosis wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Yeah... that puzzle was a metic butt-ton of work. Y'all should be celebrating the puzzle solvers, not accusing them of trying to distract or seem helpful. That thing was a nightmare.
I disagree.
i disagree sorta kinda not really.... I see puzzle solving as a neutral activity from anyone who
Epignosis wrote:How many times will DharmaHelper have to fuck you over before you learn when he is a liar?
Largest ping i've had all game. The strongest memory I have of Epig is from Monty python( or was it doctor who....) where he was killed, brought back to life and immediately began developing strong arguments against Enrique. This post, and post like it don't feel like much of an argument, more of a just mudslinging under the guise of baddie hunting.
DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:My ears are ringing.

Also, I hate to do something over simplified but Russ' very strict daily schedule is making me increasingly paranoid and unless someone changes my mind between now and tomorrow afternoon I am probably going to vote for him.
I agree something weird is here, but i don't think voting is the answer, yet anyways...
Turnip Head wrote:I can think of exactly one person who looked like he was trying to appear helpful regarding the puzzles. It's my buddy Made:
Made wrote:A tip that might help for future puzzles: Phrasing is often similar in roles specifically, so looking for patterns might help.
This was after we were already balls deep in the puzzle. This post screams "Look at me trying to help!" more than any posts from the genuine puzzle solvers.
Well I mean this was exactly what I was doing... :shrug: Didn't have time to catch up at the time, so i tried saying something so I wasn't 100% useless/absent

Because these are fun (and easy):Pretty pink!
Spacedaisy wrote::sigh: I. Hate. Decoding. I suck at it and I don't bother trying. I'm grateful for the work you all did, and now we can focus on the lynch.

Epi: other than a couple small things, I've found him to be the most logical voice in the thread. i don't see myself voting for him.I disagree, I'd say most logical goes to Bea. For me, the aggression i've come to know from Epi is there, but i find myself unable to get where he's coming from a lot of the time.

DH: I think DH and Epi are tunnel vision where each other are concerned. If one of the two is bad I would believe it of DH before Epi, but I don't see it here either.Vice versa for me. In GoC I figured he was bad very early on, but he's playing a very different game here. Just gonna keep watching this one

TH: I have flipped back and forth so often, but it comes down to this... If any of the people who seem to be implying that they are or simply playing like they are Shinigami, TH is the one I most believe could be pulling the wool over our eyes. He is a much more masterful player than this and even though I used to think he was wanting to be lynched, I've come to the point now where I think it was a ploy and am ready to lynch him.The highest poster theory is an interesting one. I don't remember who suggested it, but there might be merit here, and if we need someone to lynch, it's always a place we could go, along with Russ.

Bea: I have not seen anything that stands out as bad from bea to me, but it is true she would kill SVS. I don't know about LC though. I just don't feel confident in a vote for her yet. I've agree with Bea the most by far this game( also she and Ninjabloop are really good at cutting through my bs) so iunno. I'm keeping my eye here because i know she wasn't lynched in Monty Python till people decided to start lynching the most trustworthy people

Made: what is the case for Made? I think I missed this one.Tldr: I show up in thread right before the lynch happens, say something shifty and leave. I'm a short enough read where you can decide if that's true or not on your own

Russ: his absence yet again makes me willing to vote him. It was fishy the first time around and is again now. have we had other silencings so far? Or could this be his role mechanic for some reason?none that i noticed. I'm thinking role, but not sure what it could possibly mean

DharmaHelper wrote:Made I need a hug my brother help me out
:hugs: you know the faces that the smiles make before they hug kind make me feel a little off

And now it's 2:30 am and I have school tomorrow ... I'll be back before the lynch.

After thought: I can't remember who it is who gets pinged really hard when i post all sarcastic like. This post will probably light them up like a Christmas tree. :biggrin:
something something Smiley Theorem
Pov: you reading my takes
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Actually, I'll chill for a little bit, took a nap today, so i'll just read and passively refresh the thread till like 4ish maybe...
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 267
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Oh bea. I am disappoint. I like civ you. This is not civ you. And you went and killed SVS because if anyone was going to pick up on it first and come after you hard, it would have been her. It was probably the best decision, I'll give you that. But I think it's going to bite you in the ass because of how you've played it. You wouldn't have done it if her coming after you wouldn't have mattered because you're a shingami and can't be lynched, which means you can be killed.

I'm honestly not even sure I would have picked up on it, but I think you know better than what you're doing to be doing it if you were a civ. I think this has all been very dishonest, you're throwing my name out because you (and maybe your teammate(s)) know I can become an easy lynch. You wouldn't do that if you were civ. SVS was trusting me prior to her death, and I think if you were civ you'd put stock in that opinion, and not be saying things we both know you could easily go back and check if you wanted to. But you don't want to, because you know what the truth is, it's just inconvenient to your attempt to get me lynched.

I am curious about your kill on LC. Why do it and then frame the discussion in a way that also assigns guilt to you? The WIFOM and getting ahead of it is nice, but LC wasn't really playing normal LC this game, and it would have been easy to argue a player who doesn't know him well did it because he was a middle of the pack poster who wasn't raising a lot of flags, the kind of target baddies like because they are so rarely protected. Although I guess that's maybe why you killed him? Another person who could pick up on your baddie-ness and would come at you hard.

I suppose the good news for me is that based on your coming after me, I'm not next to be NKed? Or did you try that, it was supposed to have gone through by now, and I've gotten lucky and it failed? I could see that, after LC and SVS, I'm one of what, 3 or 4 people you'd want dead next?

I'm almost tempted to go the usual route and build a case. I started to, but it just feels off. If it was anyone else I would have gone through with it. But if there's anyone who'd manage to do the emotional defense that strikes people as honest and gives them even a one day reprieve to regroup, it's you. I think that must have been what you were hoping for throwing my name out? I bite, come after you in my usual style, you play it just so, and get me lynched after subtly but obviously forcing me into making it a you vs. me.

So who's your teammate? You have to be Light, and while I don't trust Epi or llama, I don't think it's either of them. I still think TH is a Shingami, and that was the first role I thought he was. I wonder if I had that one right?

Anyways, I'm voting bea, just in case I have the read wrong on the NK I want to get it in to count.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

boo wrote:Oh bea. I am disappoint. I like civ you. This is not civ you. And you went and killed SVS because if anyone was going to pick up on it first and come after you hard, it would have been her. It was probably the best decision, I'll give you that. But I think it's going to bite you in the ass because of how you've played it. You wouldn't have done it if her coming after you wouldn't have mattered because you're a shingami and can't be lynched, which means you can be killed.
[snip]
I am curious about your kill on LC. Why do it and then frame the discussion in a way that also assigns guilt to you? The WIFOM and getting ahead of it is nice, but LC wasn't really playing normal LC this game, and it would have been easy to argue a player who doesn't know him well did it because he was a middle of the pack poster who wasn't raising a lot of flags, the kind of target baddies like because they are so rarely protected. Although I guess that's maybe why you killed him? Another person who could pick up on your baddie-ness and would come at you hard.
It's funny you mentioned this actually, was just about to bring up night kill theories.
Most games when i'm baddie, i'll knock out the players that are quiet/ are not in danger of being lynched like ever. SVS and LC i'd say are players who very easily could had been lynched, or a case for them could had made at the very least which makes them very odd choices. I'm curious how Bea will choose to respond to this.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

OT, but what color would you guys say this dress is? Image
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 267
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

It's blue and black. I also saw both those posts. I still can't a little bit see it the other way using the tips for how to.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I've seen three different versions of this picture going around, I think that's why people can't agree. The lighting changes how you perceive the colors... dumbest thing to happen to the internet in a while
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Turnip Head wrote:I've seen three different versions of this picture going around, I think that's why people can't agree. The lighting changes how you perceive the colors... dumbest thing to happen to the internet in a while
I see white and gold in all 3 of those :confused:
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 63

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

I see blue and gold and can't see otherwise.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Made wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I've seen three different versions of this picture going around, I think that's why people can't agree. The lighting changes how you perceive the colors... dumbest thing to happen to the internet in a while
I see white and gold in all 3 of those :confused:
Even the last one? Really? Now I'm intrigued 0_0
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:I see blue and gold and can't see otherwise.
I see white Tinted blue, but for simplicity sake, i just say white. The actual dress is black and blue for those wondering
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I can definitely see the white/light blue interpretation of the first two pics, and you could debate seeing gold in all three... but that last dress is blue as fuck.
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 522

Post by FZ. »

I have literally a few minutes, and I won't be back until tomorrow night, so I'll have to vote soon

thellama73 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:The next installment of Snowman's Note will begin on Night 4.
Addendum:

I have a bit more time to start this now, and I thought I'd ask the thread.

So, folks, want to concentrate purely on lynch discussion today or do you want me to provide the next installment of Snowman's Note as well?
Next installment please. :nicenod:
Turnip Head wrote:I think we could use a good distraction :wiz:
I've been thinking about the TH issue. I thought that since he voted so fast and didn't explain it, it meant he wasn't bad, because baddie TH would go to a lot more trouble explaining his behaviour. I didn't take into account that there are several players who got this task, so I thought giving it to a baddie would make him look really bad. So there is more chance for me that he is bad than before. That said, I don't really see a baddie in TH, though in a sense, I expect more from him when good. But this game is so weird it's really hard to build cases about people, so I can't really fault him. Not sure how to read him yet, but I'm not willing to lose him yet.

Who will I vote for? Still not sure. I'm going to try and skim through to help me make up my mind.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

thellama73 wrote:I am glad we're talking about lynches now, but find it rather remarkable that everyone except AceofSpaces came in soliciting the opinions of others rather than putting forth their own.

Nice job for taking a stand, AceofSpaces, although I disagree with you.
I'm trying to actually come up with someone else to lynch, but I have to opposed the TH one if I don't agree with it. I will give you a name when I'm finished. I have a few people that are options for me.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

AceofSpaces wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
bea wrote:@ epi - IDK if you can - maybe let someone else see something in DH's posts? I get where you are coming from, but it doesn't seem to be productive - what do you think of boo?

linkie - epi - you couldn't have waited like 4 minutes for me to deal with my laggy computer and linki? :p

Sorry bea. If Kira kills me, I want my vote to count.

I think boo is evil. Lynch him too.

However, I already voted, and so I won't be making extensive cases or clogging up the thread.
You would have had more luck getting support for that one, I think.
True.

Boo is the player that everyone looked at on day 0 and 1, as the one player who is making a lot of sense and you agree with him. Since then, he's barely made any contribution. In most mafia games I've played, there's always the baddie that everyone thinks is the last person they'd call bad. Boo is my pick for that. It's not like I'm sure, but in a game like this, getting on everyone's good side and making the most sense, if you are Kira, is the smartest thing you can do. I won like that as a baddie, and I can see Boo doing that here.

The, there's Elo, who is just posting and participating enough to not be considered as a very low poster, but again, I didn't see her put any input other than "I'm confused".

BR is maybe the person I'm most disappointed in, in terms of contribution. I've come to expect some really good input and intuition from her in my previous games with her, and I keep waiting for it. Every once in a while, she says something that could be considered as helpful, but I don't get the feeling I usually do, when she's a civ. I can easily see her killing LC first and doing a WIFOM of "I would never do that. I like my marriage the way it is". And I believe someone said she did that in the past. Who knows, with the amount of posts he was posting when he played, which was very far from his usual, maybe she thought she was doing him a favour because he wasn't up to playing.

So at the moment, it's between BR, Elo, and Boo for me. I will be back just to vote, because I wasted too much time on this, and I have to run
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Random thought during AP Lit: While I kinda agree with it, isn't it kinda a cough out to vote TH and Russ? gonna check something....

Yeah, what i figured, there's a few ways this could go down. TH and Russ very easily could be any of the 4
L-Town
Kanzo Mogi – One of the most dedicated members of the Japanese Task Force, but also one of the most reserved(Russ? It would fit into the idea of a high poster to have an alternative low poster maybe?). (Secrets)

Hirokazu Ukita – Perhaps the most emotional member of the Japanese Task Force, Ukita is nonetheless absolutely determined to catch Kira, and does not hesitate to demonstrate passionate, admirable bravery.( Th Demonstrating passion by posting every other post?) (Secrets)

Light's Squad
Teru Mikami (X Kira) – As a devoted worshiper of Kira, Mikami has a strong sense of justice and feels evil absolutely must be punished. He adheres to a very strict, daily schedule. (Russ only posting at a certain time each cycle.)

Hitoshi Demegawa – A very greedy man who feeds off of publicity, Demegawa is director of Sakura TV. If L dies, Demegawa asserts himself as Kira’s spokesman and constantly rallies for Kira supporters to participate in various violent acts of protest.(TH posting often to gain publicity?) (Secrets)

Yeah, ik it's speculation, but if we're considering killing them, then we should have something a little more substantial than "oh he's acting funny"
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Oh wait Hitoshi was snow wasn't he...my b
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 675

Post by Epignosis »

Made wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I am going to take the initiative and vote DharmaHelper now. I think he's disingenuous, and I think he's gone after me for sloppy reasons.
having not seen the show, i don't get the "episode 18" stuff you're referring to, but didn't you just say you thought DH was a detective, or at least might be?
:suspish:

Made wrote:
Epignosis wrote:How many times will DharmaHelper have to fuck you over before you learn when he is a liar?
Largest ping i've had all game. The strongest memory I have of Epig is from Monty python( or was it doctor who....) where he was killed, brought back to life and immediately began developing strong arguments against Enrique. This post, and post like it don't feel like much of an argument, more of a just mudslinging under the guise of baddie hunting.
Mmm...you should recall that I went hard for Enrique on Day 1 in that...otherwise, this post would have lost its luster:
Epignosis wrote:Enrique.

Daddy's back.

Why do I get the feeling that you aren't really reading the thread?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 575

Post by thellama73 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Zomberella12 wrote: No kidding. Besides, how could you tell the difference between someone who is bad and "wants to look helpful" and someone who is good and "wants to look helpful"? Are detectives not allowed to look helpful in this game? I guess a civvie would say, "Ooh a puzzle, better not help because that would make me look bad because it makes me look good?" I hope that didn't happen. I really do.

Also, DP makes me mad. I don't care if this is his regular game. His regular game is stupid. Play or don't. If he chooses not to play, then I want to lynch him.
On a scale of one to ten, how much better off are the detectives for having spent all those pages on the puzzle?

Regarding DP, that's why we added the participation score. It will catch up to him.
Time != pages.
It does for people trying to catch up and read the thread.

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Sidebar, and this probably isn't the right place to suggest this, but I think the site could use a "playful teasing" color tag, like off-topic or sarc orange, to distinguish when somebody's just having a bit of lighthearted good-natured fun. I think a lot of these types of comments tend to get misinterpreted over the interwebz.
This is a good suggestion, TH. Very true, over the internet, and especially in a game designed around deception and accusations, content and tone can be easily misunderstood. Will mull over this.
Isn't that why we have emoticons? Not a fan of more colors.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I'm sorry for just voting and leaving for the day, but that's what I can do.

I'm going with BR, for the reasons I posted above.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

FZ. wrote:I'm sorry for just voting and leaving for the day, but that's what I can do.

I appreciate you putting some new names on the table, FZ. I'll have to think about them, because I haven't much yet.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Epignosis wrote: Why do I get the feeling that you aren't really reading the thread?
I am, so that's a good question.
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 137

Post by Matahari »

Made wrote:Random thought during AP Lit: While I kinda agree with it, isn't it kinda a cough out to vote TH and Russ? gonna check something....

Yeah, what i figured, there's a few ways this could go down. TH and Russ very easily could be any of the 4
L-Town
Kanzo Mogi – One of the most dedicated members of the Japanese Task Force, but also one of the most reserved(Russ? It would fit into the idea of a high poster to have an alternative low poster maybe?). (Secrets)

Hirokazu Ukita – Perhaps the most emotional member of the Japanese Task Force, Ukita is nonetheless absolutely determined to catch Kira, and does not hesitate to demonstrate passionate, admirable bravery.( Th Demonstrating passion by posting every other post?) (Secrets)

Light's Squad
Teru Mikami (X Kira) – As a devoted worshiper of Kira, Mikami has a strong sense of justice and feels evil absolutely must be punished. He adheres to a very strict, daily schedule. (Russ only posting at a certain time each cycle.)

Hitoshi Demegawa – A very greedy man who feeds off of publicity, Demegawa is director of Sakura TV. If L dies, Demegawa asserts himself as Kira’s spokesman and constantly rallies for Kira supporters to participate in various violent acts of protest.(TH posting often to gain publicity?) (Secrets)

Yeah, ik it's speculation, but if we're considering killing them, then we should have something a little more substantial than "oh he's acting funny"
I'm glad to hear from you, what you posted about busy threads being intimidating is true, but its still good to hear from a player at least once a day. I don't think I agree with your reasoning in the quoted post. Trying to appear like your role would be role-hinting, and I don't think anyone would want to do that. Or am I misunderstanding you?
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 542

Post by Ricochet »

Scattered thoughts for now, not sure what to go with at the moment:

Not really surprised that the puzzle-makers got criticized for the puzzle-makings or are getting profiled for it, I suppose it's all part of the game and the path you take. It's worth noting that some of the more critical players have contributed to the puzzle as well - such as Llama cracking the first part on N3, or Epignosis finding that the Snowman-mechanism is an interesting indicator - but I expect them to counter that, starting from day 4 onwards, lynching was the more relevant thing to do. MM and TH do stick out indeed for requesting MP to post the rest of the parts and continue playing, but I'm pondering how much intention could have been in there and how much they could have been carried away by the puzzle-making, instead.

To be honest, boo's case on bea gave me a bit of pause because of how drastic it is. He actively affirms "she killed SVS" in the very first sentences. I am reading no past references as to see why he'd come up with such definitive charges, overall, except for being vexed that bea has him on her own shortlist. Interested to hear bea's rebuttal, nevertheless.

Zomba has been more helpful, gamewise and... puzzle-wise, nevertheless the bad feels haven't receded simply because she helped with the Snowman lynch. I think llama's assessment was overall fair. It's also noticeable that Zomba made a suspect lists of three out of which two are those who suspect her, and also gave no reasoning for that, which for me mirrors what Snowman did to the bitter end as well.

I would consider voting for TH for his early voting habits and a style of playing I can hardly comprehend taking in account previous games. Out of llama's three charges, I'd say the second is the strongest. I would consider voting for Russ based on his absence habit resurfacing, which is also inconsistent with his gameplay I knew from Donner. In fact, I was ready to find him suspicious in there for D0 mechanism arguments, but instead he's the complete opposite of an opinionated player in here. In case he might actually be laidback, carefree Shinigami and TH a brazen, untouchable Shinigami, I think it'd be interesting to try to flush them out already.

From the low-posters, Made in his reply to my post on D3 said something in the vein of "nothing stands out to me, really" that really mirrored how Snowman got into trouble in the first place with his non-accountable posts. DP posted more today, starting by signaling his distrust for Russ, but brought back the "strict schedule" argument for X Kira, which I'm honestly having a hard time to assume it would be anything but flavour. DH later stated it could be a secret win condition and DP replied that was his thinking as well, but honestly, I find it he rather picked up the argument a bit conveniently.
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 154

Post by zeek »

I've had a really shitty day, I'm tired and unhappy. There's like 10 pages I haven't read properly and it seems there has been quite a bit of voting in my absence. I love this game but sometimes you have to take care of yourself, so I won't be back tonight to catchup.

I'm voting TurnipHead because he's an early-voting, flip-flopper whose play does not resemble any I have seen in the games I have played with him (and he's been civ in each one). Stop voting early and then say you'd be done with lynching someone else.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 148

Post by Black Rock »

FZ. wrote:I'm sorry for just voting and leaving for the day, but that's what I can do.

That's a shame and a waste. I'm not a baddie.
AceofSpaces wrote:Apple was a good guess. If it were me, I'd make the secret word apple.
I think Apple was a secret word in a game I played once.

I finally caught up, it took me longer than it should have.

I know I have fell off, I am sorry. It's really hard to catch up and with my limited time some of the pages can be really frustrating. I mostly skimmed everything that was about the decoding.

My memory is a little shotty, was it FZ that was campaigning for people to find another lynch target the day BWT got lynched over Snowman? I ask this because that's what I have on my head and I'm surprised that hasn't been brought up along with Boo's defense of him. I find it's a lot the same and if one is suspicious the other should be too.

The post that really spoke out to me was Boo's recent post of Bea.
boo wrote:Oh bea. I am disappoint. I like civ you. This is not civ you. And you went and killed SVS because if anyone was going to pick up on it first and come after you hard, it would have been her. It was probably the best decision, I'll give you that. But I think it's going to bite you in the ass because of how you've played it. You wouldn't have done it if her coming after you wouldn't have mattered because you're a shingami and can't be lynched, which means you can be killed.

I'm honestly not even sure I would have picked up on it, but I think you know better than what you're doing to be doing it if you were a civ. I think this has all been very dishonest, you're throwing my name out because you (and maybe your teammate(s)) know I can become an easy lynch. You wouldn't do that if you were civ. SVS was trusting me prior to her death, and I think if you were civ you'd put stock in that opinion, and not be saying things we both know you could easily go back and check if you wanted to. But you don't want to, because you know what the truth is, it's just inconvenient to your attempt to get me lynched.

I suppose the good news for me is that based on your coming after me, I'm not next to be NKed? Or did you try that, it was supposed to have gone through by now, and I've gotten lucky and it failed? I could see that, after LC and SVS, I'm one of what, 3 or 4 people you'd want dead next?

I'm almost tempted to go the usual route and build a case. I started to, but it just feels off. If it was anyone else I would have gone through with it. But if there's anyone who'd manage to do the emotional defense that strikes people as honest and gives them even a one day reprieve to regroup, it's you. I think that must have been what you were hoping for throwing my name out? I bite, come after you in my usual style, you play it just so, and get me lynched after subtly but obviously forcing me into making it a you vs. me.

So who's your teammate? You have to be Light, and while I don't trust Epi or llama, I don't think it's either of them. I still think TH is a Shingami, and that was the first role I thought he was. I wonder if I had that one right?

Anyways, I'm voting bea, just in case I have the read wrong on the NK I want to get it in to count.
Bea has been really focused on a more personal kill of LC and SVS than game. Shortening it down to a few players that have played with them for a ton of years. I wonder if she has held on to this for a reason. Something about Beas posts have felt off to me and a few times I have left the thread feeling uneasy about her.
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 675

Post by Epignosis »

Leonard Nimoy died at 83. :rip:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:Leonard Nimoy died at 83. :rip:
I saw that. Very sad. :(

Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

My opinion on TH is that he can't be read as civvie or baddie this game. He's not playing as either. For those who are claiming this is not his "civvie" game or his "baddie" game I call bull shit. It's not either. Concerning him it all boils down to if you believe he's trying this tactic to hide behind a baddie role or he's trying it out because he's civvie and he can say "Gotcha bitches!" It's really up to the individual player to decide. I'm almost curious enough to vote for him to see. I always watch TH carefully, I personally don't know what to make of him this game.
Epignosis wrote:Leonard Nimoy died at 83. :rip:
I heard, it's a very sad day.
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Agreed on Nimoy. Certainly he had an effect on so many lives, even those of us who aren't Trekkies. Thankfully, he lived a productive and meaningful existence, and he always held a lot of my respect.
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 302

Post by Zombarella »

So this.....

It's similar to my argument about Snowman, "trust me, I know that this person is bad." Trouble is, is Boo a detective? I agreed with Boo on D0 and have found his posts to be helpful, but I totally get that this could be his baddie way of not getting lynched. Bea defended DP when I suspected him. Now we're in a weird ZomBooBea love triangle. Do I vote for Boo, Bea, or the obnoxious but fun Mr. TH?
Turnip Head wrote:I for one welcome our new zombie and llama overlords. May their reign be long, and may their cases always be on point.
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 302

Post by Zombarella »

I will be back in a few hours to make my decision.
Turnip Head wrote:I for one welcome our new zombie and llama overlords. May their reign be long, and may their cases always be on point.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 224
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

All, i have had a death in the family and am not able to concentrate real well on what's going on in the game. I will vote tonight as I don't want to add punishment to my misery but I am not going to be able to put much time into researching who. I'm pretty sure I want to stay in the game as it will provide a needed diversion in the next few days. If not, I'll tell MP to hand it over to Golden.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Sorry to hear it, juliets, best wishes for you and your family.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Rest in peace Mr. Nimoy. Sorry for your loss juliets, best wishes.
Black Rock wrote:My memory is a little shotty, was it FZ that was campaigning for people to find another lynch target the day BWT got lynched over Snowman? I ask this because that's what I have on my head and I'm surprised that hasn't been brought up along with Boo's defense of him. I find it's a lot the same and if one is suspicious the other should be too.
Yes, that was FZ. You've had to have seen her do this before though. FZ, Boo, and myself ALL defended Snowman at one point or another, so I really don't think it's such a suspicious thing for anyone to have done. He likely had no teammates and apparently could have won with the civs. I think people chasing leads based on this are either clinging to old mafia values that don't fit this situation, or are just a little naive about what could be going on.

Interesting that you suspect Bea based on the killings. I agree she could have killed both of them without a sweat. But that she would then bring it up continuously and try to get discussion going about it? I don't know, that doesn't sound like a baddie Bea maneuver to me. I think she would play it a little cooler, personally. Not be so in your face about it if she really did kill them. It's a little too brash to fit what I consider Bea's usual playstyle.

Interesting that Boo seems so convinced though. His case literally didn't use anything from the thread to back it up. It all plays upon the assumption that he's right about Bea being the killer. Bea has said and done a lot of things this game, so if someone was to make a case on her I'd at least expect some quotes to back it up. Boo's case felt very superficial to me, like Bea's name could have been replaced with anyone's.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Zomberella12 wrote:Now we're in a weird ZomBooBea love triangle. Do I vote for Boo, Bea, or the obnoxious but fun Mr. TH?
Probably the only thing that's been missing from this game.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I meant only the love traingle bit, damn you mobile.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Very sorry to hear that, juliets. :(
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Also, I think it's a bit silly to think there's a role that would be required to have the most posts in the game. There are plenty of players who realistically could never fulfill that condition if they received such a role.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 179
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

I'm curious as to what you think civ bea is vs the bea playing this game. Cuz from where I'm sitting they are the same person.

I didn't kill LC or SVS. But really people on have my word to go on I get that.

As for how you got on my potentially bad list, you made lots of sense on D0 for sure. I agreed with you on many points right up till you started going after llama. I don't agree that he is bad at all. As soon as svs died and you didn't get llama lynched you fell off the radar quite a bit. It caught my eye. I said so.

You were going to build a case on me but you don't want it to turn into some weird emotional manipulation so you spin a false story against me based on nothing that's happened in the thread so that it doesn't become emotional? Well. I'm officially confused as to how that's better.

That's my defense. It's all I got - ya'll can do with it what you will. If you don't believe that I am genuine, vote me. I'm ok with being lynched. I will die. I'd rather have my role revealed than being nked anyway.

:hugs: JC - I'm so sorry for your loss.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Turnip Head wrote:Rest in peace Mr. Nimoy. Sorry for your loss juliets, best wishes.
Black Rock wrote:My memory is a little shotty, was it FZ that was campaigning for people to find another lynch target the day BWT got lynched over Snowman? I ask this because that's what I have on my head and I'm surprised that hasn't been brought up along with Boo's defense of him. I find it's a lot the same and if one is suspicious the other should be too.
Yes, that was FZ. You've had to have seen her do this before though. FZ, Boo, and myself ALL defended Snowman at one point or another, so I really don't think it's such a suspicious thing for anyone to have done. He likely had no teammates and apparently could have won with the civs. I think people chasing leads based on this are either clinging to old mafia values that don't fit this situation, or are just a little naive about what could be going on.

Interesting that you suspect Bea based on the killings. I agree she could have killed both of them without a sweat. But that she would then bring it up continuously and try to get discussion going about it? I don't know, that doesn't sound like a baddie Bea maneuver to me. I think she would play it a little cooler, personally. Not be so in your face about it if she really did kill them. It's a little too brash to fit what I consider Bea's usual playstyle.

Interesting that Boo seems so convinced though. His case literally didn't use anything from the thread to back it up. It all plays upon the assumption that he's right about Bea being the killer. Bea has said and done a lot of things this game, so if someone was to make a case on her I'd at least expect some quotes to back it up. Boo's case felt very superficial to me, like Bea's name could have been replaced with anyone's.
I suspect Bea yes, I believe the more she pushes this the more people will believe she could have had nothing to do with it. With that said her most recent post sounds like the more genuine Bea I expect, so there goes that theory (for now).
ImageImage
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 73

Post by AceofSpaces »

I'm going to vote now. Of the people I've brought up today (Made, Zomberella, DP) I think Made is the best bet in finding another mafia.

Vote = Made

Return to “Previous Jobs”