Death Note Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 1001
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Re: Death Note Mafia [NIGHT 7]

Post by Turnip Head »

I think Misa has her Death Note still, but I think she would relinquish it if we ever tried to lynch her.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Boomslang »

Ricochet wrote:
FZ. wrote: Second, am I wrong, or is Near the only detective who can't be lynched (other than L, but then someone dies instead of him)? Doesn't this makes the likelihood of MM being bad pretty high?
I'm not sure I get how the mechanics work here, but how are we supposed to get unlynchable people to die?
Near and Mello are both unlynchable (but also powerless) until L dies. Where does it say that L cannot be lynched, though?

MM's likelihood of being a bad unlynchable are about the same as TH's, at this point, I think.

All unlynchable "humans" can become lynchable at some point. All unlynchable Shinigamis are not be lynchable at all, at least judging from the revealed secrets (only Rem could sacrifice herself for Misa's sake).
As long as Watari is still alive, L can't be lynched. From the role page:

Serving as a father-like figure to L, Watari is very protective of him. If L is ever about to be lynched, Watari dies in his place.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 675

Post by Epignosis »

FZ. wrote:First of all, why isn't anyone concerned that Epi said he thinks MM is a shinigami after the vote was closed? If he thought it was a waste of vote, shouldn't he have tried to tell us not to vote there? Yeah, he said vote me, but he didn't say he thought MM was a waste of time. It seems very reasonable to conclude that he doesn't care if we waste lynches. In his eyes, either we waste a lynch, or lynch a detective (me). :eye: :eye: :eye:
Ah, yes, because people have been doing a stellar job listening to me. :rolleyes:
FZ. wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I'm not sure why, but it's clear he doesn't think I'm Kira, which makes me think he knows who is.
I get you. But he's supposed to play like he doesn't. Are you saying it was a slip?
Yes, it seems like a slip to me.

Maybe someone else can ask Epi my question :P
I think you can just dismiss Epi altogether. Obviously, he has no idea what he's doing...either that, or he's bad
I realize you may have meant this in a playful way (as your subsequent post indicated), but I want to highlight the false dichotomy here: Either I don't know what I'm doing, or I'm bad. I'm either a screw up or an evildoer, in other words.

Well now let's see.

Thus far, I've been right about the non-Kira Yotsuba win condition, right about the detective objective, right about Russ' silence being role related (wrong about the alignment though), right about Snowman being bad, right about MM not dying, and right about a couple of things I will keep to myself as of this moment.

No, I'd say I very much know what I'm doing. Therefore, I must be bad. :feb:

Anyway, being right this much is its own reward. :)

But, oh boy, does it make me wonder what else I am right about. :dark:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 542

Post by Ricochet »

Boomslang wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
FZ. wrote: Second, am I wrong, or is Near the only detective who can't be lynched (other than L, but then someone dies instead of him)? Doesn't this makes the likelihood of MM being bad pretty high?
I'm not sure I get how the mechanics work here, but how are we supposed to get unlynchable people to die?
Near and Mello are both unlynchable (but also powerless) until L dies. Where does it say that L cannot be lynched, though?

MM's likelihood of being a bad unlynchable are about the same as TH's, at this point, I think.

All unlynchable "humans" can become lynchable at some point. All unlynchable Shinigamis are not be lynchable at all, at least judging from the revealed secrets (only Rem could sacrifice herself for Misa's sake).
As long as Watari is still alive, L can't be lynched. From the role page:

Serving as a father-like figure to L, Watari is very protective of him. If L is ever about to be lynched, Watari dies in his place.
Yes, that translates as one lynch escape. Also, in that eventuality, Watari will be lynched. There will be a lynch and Watari will be revealed to have be lynched, right? This is not the same as the non-lynch we've experienced with TH and MM. This is not the same as the unlynchable clauses Near and Mello have.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

FZ mentioned that exact difference in the post you are quoting from her, Rico, so it looks like you guys are on the same page.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

That's fine with me, in that case, it just read to me like she put L in the same category (or clause, as I put it) with Near (and Mello, which she didn't mention/forgot to mention/didn't know about/any other reason) and, if so, it is not true.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 719
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:I think Misa has her Death Note still, but I think she would relinquish it if we ever tried to lynch her.
So you think not lynching the person you think is Misa is the best option? Would that not just leave the Death Note in her hands until the game is over?

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
FZ. wrote:First of all, why isn't anyone concerned that Epi said he thinks MM is a shinigami after the vote was closed? If he thought it was a waste of vote, shouldn't he have tried to tell us not to vote there? Yeah, he said vote me, but he didn't say he thought MM was a waste of time. It seems very reasonable to conclude that he doesn't care if we waste lynches. In his eyes, either we waste a lynch, or lynch a detective (me). :eye: :eye: :eye:
Ah, yes, because people have been doing a stellar job listening to me. :rolleyes:
FZ. wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I'm not sure why, but it's clear he doesn't think I'm Kira, which makes me think he knows who is.
I get you. But he's supposed to play like he doesn't. Are you saying it was a slip?
Yes, it seems like a slip to me.

Maybe someone else can ask Epi my question :P
I think you can just dismiss Epi altogether. Obviously, he has no idea what he's doing...either that, or he's bad
I realize you may have meant this in a playful way (as your subsequent post indicated), but I want to highlight the false dichotomy here: Either I don't know what I'm doing, or I'm bad. I'm either a screw up or an evildoer, in other words.

Well now let's see.

Thus far, I've been right about the non-Kira Yotsuba win condition, right about the detective objective, right about Russ' silence being role related (wrong about the alignment though), right about Snowman being bad, right about MM not dying, and right about a couple of things I will keep to myself as of this moment.

No, I'd say I very much know what I'm doing. Therefore, I must be bad. :feb:

Anyway, being right this much is its own reward. :)

But, oh boy, does it make me wonder what else I am right about. :dark:
No more cookies for you.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I think Misa has her Death Note still, but I think she would relinquish it if we ever tried to lynch her.
So you think not lynching the person you think is Misa is the best option? Would that not just leave the Death Note in her hands until the game is over?
Did I say that? Did I say any of that?

And not necessarily. There ARE other ways to deal with Misa, you know. :dark:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Ooh, that is a very interesting point you bring up. Shit's about to get real. :omg:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Ooh, that is a very interesting point you bring up. Shit's about to get real. :omg:
I can't think of what that interesting point might be, tbh. Care to tell, TH?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Nope.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Since FZ. pointed it out, it is indeed true that Epignosis mentioned his idea of MM being a Shinigami 2 minutes after the poll concluded. Also, TH did in fact ask him what he thinks of MM with around 5 hours left to go, to which FZ herself assumed TH is still getting the silence treatment from Epig, which Epig then confirmed - this was somewhere in between TH making his small case against MM and the train on MM picking up (the next vote after this was zeek's and it was only the 3rd vote, I think, from those MM received).

I suspect Epig's rebuttal will be that, indeed, nobody besides TH, who is bound to get no answers from him, has asked him about MM.

But since he now also (sort of) implied all it would have taken was listening to his, I suppose, previous statements he made on MM, I went and checked.

First of all, a huge gap in days between today and the last time Epig, on record, has addressed something about MM or even interacted with him. Last one on Day 5, but on a different issue. Then Day 4, an assumption that Snowman's early-voting secret win requirement, revealed to us through the puzzle, could also be part of TH's and MM's win requirements (btw, right now only TH can still qualify for this; MM's vote on D7 was the sixth)
Epignosis wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I'm interested in the early voting for TH, given the revelation that it was a mechanic for Snowman.
What do you mean?
Line 14. Snowman had to be one of the first five people to vote. With the early voting, it makes me wonder if a similar mechanic is in Turnip Head's role (and MM's, while we're at it).
Oh, and didn't llama vote early too?
He did.
My vote was impulsive.
I can guess why.
Earlier, on Day 3, a dismissal of MM's case (and early vote) on him.
Epignosis wrote:
zeek wrote:Very convincing case, MM, I hadn't put together all those inconsistencies from Epi. Although I'm not sure on you, your points are persuasive. I may vote Epi if he convince me otherwise.

I really don't know what to make of all the strange behaviour in this game tbh, feels like it's going to be quite a random game.
Go for it zeek. I didn't even read MM's case on me and don't plan to post any manner of defense. I'm the easy choice today and I'm okay with that. If you're a detective though, lynching me won't help you.
Earlier, also Day 3, a criticism of TH's and MM's voting early but still posting excessively afterwards.
Epignosis wrote:Perhaps it is the novelty of having a game with more posts than Dr. Who, but I wonder why TH and MM continue to post and post and post and post even after they have voted. Is it an effort to make it difficult for detectives to read and catch up?
Any other reference to MM or dialogue with him, earlier than this, I personally found it to be not as relevant or on a different issue.

So, yes, two references to TH's and MM's behaviours being similar and probably related to the same reasons, but a lot of days ago and even before TH's lynch failed. A reminder might indeed have come in handy, regardless if it would have affected in any way the lynch train for MM.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

By the way, in light of the recent secrets that were revealed: all detectives, Light's team, and the majority of the Yotsubas will be made aware that Higuchi has a Death Note approximately two nights after he receives it. Kind of like an open secret. Something to keep in mind, folks. I'd say it's likely he doesn't have it yet, so we'll have to consider other explanations for why it appears a different Kira has started killing, if that theory is to be believed.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

And Bea, it seems clear that there is a lot of goodwill being sent your way, given that only yourself, a lazy shinigami, and a confused Boomslang voted for you yesterday. I hope you take advantage of this goodwill and continue to help us figure out who the bad guys are. If you are truly a detective, we could use your skills :) K?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Turnip Head wrote:By the way, in light of the recent secrets that were revealed: all detectives, Light's team, and the majority of the Yotsubas will be made aware that Higuchi has a Death Note approximately two nights after he receives it. Kind of like an open secret. Something to keep in mind, folks. I'd say it's likely he doesn't have it yet, so we'll have to consider other explanations for why it appears a different Kira has started killing, if that theory is to be believed.
Huh?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

If you don't understand yet, no worries. You'll probably figure it out when it happens. Unless you're Mikami or Sidoh. :dark:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:Since FZ. pointed it out, it is indeed true that Epignosis mentioned his idea of MM being a Shinigami 2 minutes after the poll concluded. Also, TH did in fact ask him what he thinks of MM with around 5 hours left to go, to which FZ herself assumed TH is still getting the silence treatment from Epig, which Epig then confirmed - this was somewhere in between TH making his small case against MM and the train on MM picking up (the next vote after this was zeek's and it was only the 3rd vote, I think, from those MM received).

I suspect Epig's rebuttal will be that, indeed, nobody besides TH, who is bound to get no answers from him, has asked him about MM.

But since he now also (sort of) implied all it would have taken was listening to his, I suppose, previous statements he made on MM, I went and checked.

First of all, a huge gap in days between today and the last time Epig, on record, has addressed something about MM or even interacted with him. Last one on Day 5, but on a different issue. Then Day 4, an assumption that Snowman's early-voting secret win requirement, revealed to us through the puzzle, could also be part of TH's and MM's win requirements (btw, right now only TH can still qualify for this; MM's vote on D7 was the sixth)
I did that on purpose to prove that my win conditions don't depend on that.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:And Bea, it seems clear that there is a lot of goodwill being sent your way, given that only yourself, a lazy shinigami, and a confused Boomslang voted for you yesterday. I hope you take advantage of this goodwill and continue to help us figure out who the bad guys are. If you are truly a detective, we could use your skills :) K?
What makes you think I'm a Shinigami?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

TH, I don't understand what you're implying "in light of the recent secrets that were revealed". As in, I'm reading the recent secrets that were revealed, and still don't get what you're implying about the "two days" part and about borderline everybody being aware that Higuchi has the DN. Light's team? Obviously (from the beginning of DN ownership going to Higuchi). Remaining Yotsubas? Obviously (from the beginning of DN ownership going to Higuchi and their kill vote power activating). But all the detectives? Matsuda is dead. Penber and Misora, probably (starting from when when Light stops killing, hence the beginning of DN ownership going to Higuchi). The rest?

linki: noted
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:And Bea, it seems clear that there is a lot of goodwill being sent your way, given that only yourself, a lazy shinigami, and a confused Boomslang voted for you yesterday. I hope you take advantage of this goodwill and continue to help us figure out who the bad guys are. If you are truly a detective, we could use your skills :) K?
Literally everything that you've done.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

EBWOP: two nights, not days
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

TH is surely trying to drop a lot of hints into the thread that only certain people can understand, as well as distract from actual Kira-hunting.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Ricochet wrote:TH, I don't understand what you're implying "in light of the recent secrets that were revealed". As in, I'm reading the recent secrets that were revealed, and still don't get what you're implying about the "two days" part and about borderline everybody being aware that Higuchi has the DN. Light's team? Obviously (from the beginning of DN ownership going to Higuchi). Remaining Yotsubas? Obviously (from the beginning of DN ownership going to Higuchi and their kill vote power activating). But all the detectives? Matsuda is dead. Penber and Misora, probably (starting from when when Light stops killing, hence the beginning of DN ownership going to Higuchi). The rest?

Then you didn't read carefully enough.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 575

Post by thellama73 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Because obviously.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer

Post by Boomslang »

Doing some reading of people I haven't spent much time on today. A few things are popping out about Mata:
Matahari wrote:FZ- I read the posts about Llama, and you came right to the point. He hasn't been killed yet, which made me laugh. I don't really trust Llama and I could see a vote for him. I also trust ppl who are susp of MM, and I could vote there as well. Made and TH are ppl I have voted because I couldn't understand their behavior. I was wrong about them, but still, it was my reason, and I can do that again. But there is still time, I'd rather my vote counted for something, so I'll wait a bit longer.
The claim of "not understanding" seems evasive, as it avoids taking responsibility for stating why the target's actions have been suspicious.
Matahari wrote:I have flip-flopped a bit on FZ for various reasons, and was ready to go ahead and vote for her today, until Epi posted this. I disagree with most of his comments here. They smack of old-school baddie.
If you've independently judged someone as bad, I don't think that should change because someone you also think is bad makes an attack on that person. Especially in a game like this, where baddies don't have default BTSC.

There's also a very ambivalent attitude to gut feelings. For example, this was posted regarding last lynch:
Matahari wrote:And- I'm not ready to vote Llama or Epig yet, because I want to have something to more to present than 'feels'.
But this was posted as the rationale for joining the Snowman lynch:
Matahari wrote:I will vote Snowman, because I still think that Zombarellas case is coming from an inexperienced place. Maybe I'm basing my decision on what I have done in the past, but when I went hard against someone with just a gut feeling during my first year of playing, I was right.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

You should lynch Mata tomorrow.

You voted bea today Boomslang, so I trust you.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Turnip Head wrote:
Ricochet wrote:TH, I don't understand what you're implying "in light of the recent secrets that were revealed". As in, I'm reading the recent secrets that were revealed, and still don't get what you're implying about the "two days" part and about borderline everybody being aware that Higuchi has the DN. Light's team? Obviously (from the beginning of DN ownership going to Higuchi). Remaining Yotsubas? Obviously (from the beginning of DN ownership going to Higuchi and their kill vote power activating). But all the detectives? Matsuda is dead. Penber and Misora, probably (starting from when when Light stops killing, hence the beginning of DN ownership going to Higuchi). The rest?

Then you didn't read carefully enough.
Right, I did miss out on L and Watari. Still not quite there yet at "all detectives", though, but I'll leave it at that.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 822

Post by DharmaHelper »

Ayyy lmao
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I'm glad you brought up Mata, Boomslang. She is someone I would like to discuss in-depth tomorrow.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 575

Post by thellama73 »

Turnip Head wrote:I'm glad you brought up Mata, Boomslang. She is someone I would like to discuss in-depth tomorrow.
Finally something I agree with TH on.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

thellama73 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I'm glad you brought up Mata, Boomslang. She is someone I would like to discuss in-depth tomorrow.
I know right? Weird! XD
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I finished reading your case(s), boo. I have to say I'm not sure I see what you see in the 4 people you plucked out. I don't see what connection there is among the four of them, other than that all 4 fit the profile of "active, but slightly under the radar". Is this the only thing that ties them all together? I saw your vote record analysis, I'm just not sure I understand what conclusion you made from it.

However, your more specific thoughts regarding Zeek are more compelling to me, I like the work you did there. His vote for Snowman still feels out of place, and it appears that Zeek himself is willing to admit that, though he says he doesn't want to talk about it anymore. Could be something there.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer

Re: Death Note Mafia [NIGHT 1]

Post by Boomslang »

Continuing my reads, I also took a look at Bass, who is... hard to pin down. I'm getting generally ok vibes; there's not a lot of content, but most of the short contributing posts seem useful, and he has taken definite positions on a few players. However, there's this self-aware post from way back on Night 1, which perhaps is an attempt to legitimize a quiet, blendy game for the following days:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:I understand lynching people who just aren't playing but where do you draw the line. I mean it almost sounds like even if you are a low poster you might have to worry about people wanting to lynch you for not being as active as them.
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 154

Post by zeek »

Turnip Head wrote:However, your more specific thoughts regarding Zeek are more compelling to me, I like the work you did there. His vote for Snowman still feels out of place, and it appears that Zeek himself is willing to admit that, though he says he doesn't want to talk about it anymore. Could be something there.
What more is there to say about it? I looked for something to sway me toward a candidate and that post I referenced struck me as odd wording. I could have just reiterated a point made by somebody else and voted any player, but I didn't. I voted for what pinged me most. By the looks of it I should have just done whatever was easiest cause I'm getting criticism still for my first vote.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

zeek wrote:By the looks of it I should have just done whatever was easiest cause I'm getting criticism still for my first vote.
Why does it matter that it was your first vote? It could have been your hundredth vote and you'd still be getting criticism from me for the justification you used.

And no, you shouldn't just do whatever is easiest to avoid suspicion/criticism. That's something only a baddie would care about. I'm sure you know that though.
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 154

Post by zeek »

Turnip Head wrote:Why does it matter that it was your first vote? It could have been your hundredth vote and you'd still be getting criticism from me for the justification you used.

And no, you shouldn't just do whatever is easiest to avoid suspicion/criticism. That's something only a baddie would care about. I'm sure you know that though.
It matters because there wasn't much to go on, I had no gut or reads really. My justification? I said even then it wasn't much, but it's what had my eye and I don't see why I'm being beat over the head with it. It's hilarious coming from you as well. All your early votes, all your flip-flopping and trolling. Save your lecture, shinigami.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Lots to catch up on. I'm gonna try and have my thoughts together before the end of the night.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 137

Post by Matahari »

Turnip Head wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
I know right? Weird! XD
Bring it on boyz. I party at night, but by morning, I'll be ready for ya :beer:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Matahari wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
I know right? Weird! XD
Oh it has already been broughten
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 137

Post by Matahari »

Turnip Head wrote:
Matahari wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
I know right? Weird! XD
Oh it has already been broughten
:haha:
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 267
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Turnip Head wrote:I finished reading your case(s), boo. I have to say I'm not sure I see what you see in the 4 people you plucked out. I don't see what connection there is among the four of them, other than that all 4 fit the profile of "active, but slightly under the radar". Is this the only thing that ties them all together? I saw your vote record analysis, I'm just not sure I understand what conclusion you made from it.

However, your more specific thoughts regarding Zeek are more compelling to me, I like the work you did there. His vote for Snowman still feels out of place, and it appears that Zeek himself is willing to admit that, though he says he doesn't want to talk about it anymore. Could be something there.
I wasn't trying to draw conclusions on the 4 of them in the lynch record post, I just found their records to be similar, and all 4 of them are people who have gone almost entirely undiscussed. There's more to why those four specifically (there are other people with vote records that don't quite match, but are similar) but with these four, there are certain detective roles (that I think are still alive) that they almost certainly aren't, because of how they've voted. That, in addition to my thinking their play styles have all been what at least some Kira are probably playing like (and specifically Mikami), makes me want to take a closer look.

I started with zeek, because I had already done readings earlier in the game on boomslang and bass, so it'll just be a matter of updating those thoughts (which shouldn't take long given neither of them have been very active), and I'm least interested in looking at juliets (I also didn't have the time to go over all of her posts when I went over zeeks), so she wasn't the priority.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

I intended on this Night lasting 22 hours, but it is around 21 and I currently have received all PMs, so I will be ending Night 7 momentarily.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

zeek wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:However, your more specific thoughts regarding Zeek are more compelling to me, I like the work you did there. His vote for Snowman still feels out of place, and it appears that Zeek himself is willing to admit that, though he says he doesn't want to talk about it anymore. Could be something there.
What more is there to say about it? I looked for something to sway me toward a candidate and that post I referenced struck me as odd wording. I could have just reiterated a point made by somebody else and voted any player, but I didn't. I voted for what pinged me most. By the looks of it I should have just done whatever was easiest cause I'm getting criticism still for my first vote.
Your Snowman vote was easy. It was Day 2, at the time of your vote, Snowman already had 4 votes, llama had 3, a couple people had 1, and BWT (who wound up getting lynched) had 0. You didn't quote and use suspicion from someone else to justify your vote, you just made up a reason to vote for (at the time) the highest vote getter. It's interesting, because looking at your voting record, that is how you cast most of your votes.

You have claimed you like to wait until the end of the lynch is near, so you can see the most discussion, and vote for who you think is bad based on that. Your record doesn't show that, you vote early-middle, and you exclusively vote for people who already have 2 votes (and in every lynch you voted before being the fifth voter, the person you voted did still wind up being the top vote getter).

Your claim is you don't have time to put a lot of thought into your votes. But as soon as I bring your name up, you're able to come into the thread and make a string of posts about why I am wrong. So you have time to try and avoid suspicion, but you don't have time to establish good suspicions?
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Night 7: Bumblebea

*CRASH*

The tower had finally fallen over. Dozens of Pabst Blue Ribbon cans skittered across the floor.

BEA: Everyone jist vote for me nwo. I wreally watn to be lunched. I really reaaally think it would be soo much fun, okay.
TURNIP HEAD: bea, you're drunk. Go home.
BOOMSLANG: No, she can't go home, we need to lynch her.
METALMARSH89: Good idea. I'm tired of being lynched.

BEA: GUYS! Just lunch me noaw. It will be fun i tink.
EPIGNOSIS: Your grammar is poor.
BLACK ROCK: I think she's just drunk, everyone.
BEA: I am soooo not drfunk. I'm so undurnk right now! Let me drawer you a pricture.

bea took some crayolas out of her bag and began drawing.

BEA: Could a durnk player draw dat?
BOO: A drunk player did draw that.
MATAHARI: I think it's time we cut her off.
BEA: Cut mee off? I am a cahmpion! be~a champion! 70 of those battles of piss couldnnt parsibly get me dunkre.

And so bea pulled a flask from out of her bag, and began chugging it.

MATAHARI: Somebody stop the poor girl.
EPIGNOSIS: That smells of Scotch.
BEA: Now! i am drunfk. Lunch me, than avernge my poor Russit pal.

bea then pointed directly at FZ.

BEA: I've got a message for you from Master Kira himself! YOU'RE NEXT, FZ!

bea tumbled over, dying of from a clear over-intoxication.

bea has been killed by Kira.

It is now Day 8.

You have 48 hours to find and lynch Kira.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: Death Note Mafia [DAY 8]

Post by Tangrowth »

Hello all. This is L.

My investigation has determined that, despite his complete lack of cooperation with my methods, thellama73 has only a 10% chance of being Kira.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

zeek wrote:As for the Kira behavioural study, I changed my thoughts on that days ago. The suspicions fly around so fast and furiously in this game that there would be no point for the to play a safe game because anybody could be lynched any day. There's a middle ground of non-aggressive, at the forefront player that is the best best.
Can you quote where you let us know about your change of thoughts, please and thanks?
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Rest in peace Bea :(

Night post was hilarious though.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

RIP Bea.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

RIP bea. :rip:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”