Death Note Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 542

Re: Death Note Mafia [NIGHT 8]

Post by Ricochet »

FWIW, I also think Mata's Ukita reasoning is BS. Ukita would not only have to be very convinced Mata is a detective (or at least that lynching her is not the right option), but also put his neck on the line, because there's a 50-50 chance he'll die instead.

---

Also, to conclude my early-morning/long-breakfast/mafia-instead-of-studying fervent posting for now, this is how my list of unlynchables is shaping up right now. I want to stress that I personally define as unlynchable any player whose first lynch would, in the current situation, unconditionally fail, because of the roles and lynch conditions they have. I am also including here the two players which in theory can be lynched, but who under the lynch pressure might make themselves unlynchable (and thus make their lynch fail), simply because of how predictable that scenario is generally regarded to be.

1. TH was not lynched.
2. MM was not lynched.
3. Mata was not lynched. (pending confirmation from MP that she was lynched yesterday)
4. ...... was not lynched.
5. ...... was not lynched.
6. ...... was not lynched.
7. ...... was not lynched.
8. ...... was not lynched.
9. ...... was not lynched, but ...... died instead.

The only thing I can make of this is that TH, MM and Mata are not the 9th player, because if they were, their lynch would have had a consequence, yet it didn't.

Statistically, all three of them could be Shinigamis.
Statistically, all three of them could be Kiras.
Statistically, one of them cannot be a Detective.

You can add FZ. to this list, given her claims, with the alignment you personally find most likely.

Feel free to make any corrections you find necessary.

---

In what can only be described as a very ironic post-scriptum, considering all I've posted this morning, I would actually attempt to limit my time here to the absolute minimum until I pass my IELTS test on Saturday morning. That's N8 and the first day of D9. Thanks for understanding.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 675

Post by Epignosis »

If I were Ukita, I would go find some sprinkles because I would be straight up vanilla this game.

If you save someone, you could die at the risk of saving someone bad. And the person you DID save would end up looking suspicious anyway.

Yep, sprinkles.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 522

Post by FZ. »

It's pretty obvious Ukita did not stop this lynch, and that alone should tell us Mata is a sure baddie. Of the unlynchable people, she's the one who's definitely not good. I don't know what it means in terms of lynching her, but if it's possible, we should do it whenever we can.

As for MM and TH, if I had to choose someone to trust more, it would be TH. He's either Sidoh, who's chosen to work on the detectives' side, or he's a detective himself. MM doesn't seem to care one way or another. He's voting without any consideration of what's good for the civvies.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 137

Post by Matahari »

Epignosis wrote:If I were Ukita, I would go find some sprinkles because I would be straight up vanilla this game.

If you save someone, you could die at the risk of saving someone bad. And the person you DID save would end up looking suspicious anyway.

Yep, sprinkles.
But who would he have been trying to save, if he was brave enough to try? who was supposed to die?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I agree. I think each of their individual reactions to the lynch is telling.

TH - cocky, but not exactly laughing in our faces
Turnip Head wrote:Image
but should we consider that just a meme reaction, his following reaction is
Turnip Head wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Well, that's interesting. Repeat for Shinigami, or is he Higuchi or a currently unlynchable detective?
Lynch him again after a few Day phases. If he's Higuchi, and he has a death note, he'll die. If he's Higuchi and does not have a death note, nothing will happen. If he's Shinigami, then he'll be outed.
This seems like a fair plan. Gives me some time to try and prove I'm not a baddie :noble:
MM - cocky overload. "Haha silly humans"
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I'm getting lynched? Huh. How about that.
Meta - evasive maneuvers
Matahari wrote:I just want to say thank you to Ukita. I'm not sure which of us you were trying to pardon, but I'll take it :grin:
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

zeek wrote:
Matahari wrote:I just want to say thank you to Ukita. I'm not sure which of us you were trying to pardon, but I'll take it :grin:
What a load of shit this is. Least its original I guess.
How fast can you shovel? :grin: And we both know its the most unoriginal thing to say, ever, but I always like to get a laugh, (thanks DH)

I am not FZ. If she is a civ, which I still can't make up my mind about, she has defended well. Its hard to defend anything that is just the way one person interprets your actions. If she is bad, she has defended for her team's sake.

I don't try as hard when someone starts building cases against me based on how they interpret my input, because how can I convince someone that their thoughts are wrong? Or are they baddies who are using that kind of case against me, because they know its hard to defend against.

I can say I have no idea what happened yesterday, but it feels like I was set-up. If I am lynched again tomorrow, I would die, and then you'll see I am a detective. The only way my voters will accept that is to do it.

I won't be doing the hard defending against the cases made on me because there is no way I can. I think most voters were misguided, except TH who has some agenda going on. Indy, shinigami, I don't know.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 575

Post by thellama73 »

I fully agree that this lynch makes Mata look bad. Real bad.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

"Thanks Ukita for stopping this lynch, whichever one of us it was"

12 hours later

"I don't know why I wasn't lynched, this is a set-up"

Also, "lynch me again to prove I will die". Yet right now, it is a fact that none of the unlynchable roles can be lynched the subsequent Day.

bad bad bad
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 522

Post by FZ. »

Matahari wrote:
zeek wrote:
What a load of shit this is. Least its original I guess.
How fast can you shovel? :grin: And we both know its the most unoriginal thing to say, ever, but I always like to get a laugh, (thanks DH)

I am not FZ. If she is a civ, which I still can't make up my mind about, she has defended well. Its hard to defend anything that is just the way one person interprets your actions. If she is bad, she has defended for her team's sake.

I don't try as hard when someone starts building cases against me based on how they interpret my input, because how can I convince someone that their thoughts are wrong? Or are they baddies who are using that kind of case against me, because they know its hard to defend against.

I can say I have no idea what happened yesterday, but it feels like I was set-up. If I am lynched again tomorrow, I would die, and then you'll see I am a detective. The only way my voters will accept that is to do it.

I won't be doing the hard defending against the cases made on me because there is no way I can. I think most voters were misguided, except TH who has some agenda going on. Indy, shinigami, I don't know.
I think that's obvious :P

I have 3 questions:
1. You say everyone but TH is misguided. So out of all the people voting for you, he's the only one bad? Where do all the other baddies lie? In those who voted for me? You voted for me.
2. How can I you say I'm misguided and still vote for me? If you think I defended myself well, why did you vote for me?
3. Why did you vote so early, unlike all your votes in previous days?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 719
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:"Thanks Ukita for stopping this lynch, whichever one of us it was"

12 hours later

Also, "lynch me again to prove I will die". Yet right now, it is a fact that none of the unlynchable roles can be lynched the subsequent Day.

bad bad bad
Unless TH is Misa.

But no, I don't think that is the case.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:"Thanks Ukita for stopping this lynch, whichever one of us it was"

12 hours later

bad bad bad
Unless TH is Misa.

But no, I don't think that is the case.
Ah, that's true, but I meant since Mata is an unlynchable role, she can't be lynched the subsequent Day anyhow, even if she's Misa.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Ricochet wrote:First, a question for the Host

Do you indicate in your failed lynch posts precisely which player was lynched or is the "Sockface writes player X's name in the Lynch Note" flavour?
The player is indicated, apologies for it not being more clear.

Turnip Head, Metalmarsh89, and Matahari have all survived one lynch attempt.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Boomslang »

12 hours later

bad bad bad
Absolutely. I love how this game gives the sense of being in the anime, in which you know someone is bad but can't do anything about it immediately...
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Boomslang wrote:

12 hours later

bad bad bad
Absolutely. I love how this game gives the sense of being in the anime, in which you know someone is bad but can't do anything about it immediately...
It is fantastic to hear I have represented the theme well in my interpretation. :D

:feb:
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

MovingPictures07 wrote:

Do you indicate in your failed lynch posts precisely which player was lynched or is the "Sockface writes player X's name in the Lynch Note" flavour?

Thanks for that, at least I know for sure now. Someone was up to some shenanigans yesterday, and it wasn't me :evileye:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Ever notice how "Shenanigans" is similar to "Shinigami?"
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 822

Post by DharmaHelper »

Matahari wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Thanks for that, at least I know for sure now. Someone was up to some shenanigans yesterday, and it wasn't me :evileye:
If you've decided not to defend yourself based on the premise of "How can I possibly convince people they are wrong about me in a game where one of the most important things to do is try and convince people who suspect you that they are wrong about you." You can at least drop the fake-civvie act. You certainly dropped the "Praise Ukita" act quickly enough.

Join your buddy MM in reveling in your baddieness.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 719
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Hey DH, who are you voting tomorrow?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Hey DH, who are you voting tomorrow?
Depends.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Matahari wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

If you've decided not to defend yourself based on the premise of "How can I possibly convince people they are wrong about me in a game where one of the most important things to do is try and convince people who suspect you that they are wrong about you." You can at least drop the fake-civvie act. You certainly dropped the "Praise Ukita" act quickly enough.

See what I mean?

I can't defend against 'civvies or baddies would do this and do that' Its good reasoning to notice or watch someone, but not such a good reason to be 100% sure about them. And things can be orchestrated, like me surviving? Pish, I had nothing to do with that. All I can do is plead the Bea defense, lynch me and you'll see. :(
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Matahari wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Matahari wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

See what I mean?

I can't defend against 'civvies or baddies would do this and do that' Its good reasoning to notice or watch someone, but not such a good reason to be 100% sure about them. And things can be orchestrated, like me surviving? Pish, I had nothing to do with that. All I can do is plead the Bea defense, lynch me and you'll see. :(
What happened between "Thanks Ukita" and "SET UP!!!!"

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Mata, I have absolutely no idea what "survival orchestration" that you are keen to reference could have been done , judging by the roles revealed so far, except for the lynch pardon and you dropped that one yourself. Especially if you're calling on baddie shenanigans, since all their abilities, apart for Rem, have been revealed. And that angle, frankly, isn't good at all for your defense.
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

DH - The thanks Ukita was a half-joke, half-question. I figured some ppl might jump on it and try to use it against me, and other ppl would just laugh because they didn't it, either way I might learn something from the reactions. I mean, seriously, did you think I did that so that Ukita would say, "No, I didn't!" :p

Ricochet - do you really think everything has been revealed? Was it ever revealed that no prizes were awarded from the day 0 poll? Things happen in games all the time that can't be discussed in the thread.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Matahari wrote:Was it ever revealed that no prizes were awarded from the day 0 poll?
Was it ever revealed that this game isn't really Mulholland Drive Mafia? :eek:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Matahari wrote:DH - The thanks Ukita was a half-joke, half-question. I figured some ppl might jump on it and try to use it against me, and other ppl would just laugh because they didn't it, either way I might learn something from the reactions. I mean, seriously, did you think I did that so that Ukita would say, "No, I didn't!" :p

Ricochet - do you really think everything has been revealed? Was it ever revealed that no prizes were awarded from the day 0 poll? Things happen in games all the time that can't be discussed in the thread.
Alright a couple things:

1) I don't think anyone expected prizes from a Day 0 poll, the express purpose of which was to determine the lynch mechanic for the game

2) The Ukita thing being a "half joke" makes no sense. Of course Ukita wasn't going to out himself regardless of what you said. The point is your defense was "Ukita must have saved me" and then it was "Golly I'm being set up by mafia".

3) I'm being 100% serious. If you can describe to me right now a situation where it makes sense for the mafia to have set you up (and saved you from this lynch), I will not vote for you for the rest of the game.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Matahari wrote:DH - The thanks Ukita was a half-joke, half-question. I figured some ppl might jump on it and try to use it against me, and other ppl would just laugh because they didn't it, either way I might learn something from the reactions. I mean, seriously, did you think I did that so that Ukita would say, "No, I didn't!" :p

I think that everything that has been revealed is on the front page and everything that hasn't been revealed, apart from secret win conditions, is also on the front page. I am not aware in my gaming so far of powers/abilities that are handed in private. I am not aware of prizes that could suit an "orchestration" of the sort you imply (and I have won myself a few prizes in Film). So yes, I can't make sense at all of your "things happen" implications.
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

DharmaHelper wrote:

Alright a couple things:

1) I don't think anyone expected prizes from a Day 0 poll, the express purpose of which was to determine the lynch mechanic for the game

2) The Ukita thing being a "half joke" makes no sense. Of course Ukita wasn't going to out himself regardless of what you said. The point is your defense was "Ukita must have saved me" and then it was "Golly I'm being set up by mafia".

3) I'm being 100% serious. If you can describe to me right now a situation where it makes sense for the mafia to have set you up (and saved you from this lynch), I will not vote for you for the rest of the game.
This deserves a response, and I have to leave soon, so I'll answer this. By 'half-joke, I mean I knew ppl would say "su-u-u-r-r-r-e", or pick it apart. By half-question I meant in the event that Ukita was trying to stop the lynch for real, know matter which person he believed in, then fine, I expressed appreciation. I would not try saving anyone if I were him, unless there are secrets I am not aware of, that make his role a bit safer than it sounds. No matter what we can or can't say, I 100% believe there are some secrets in this game.

Which leads to my thinking that someone might have used a save on me yesterday to cement the idea that I was a bad role, or, as I was thinking earlier, before MP posted, someone may have been planning to save FZ. Mafia knows how to use secret things (apparently in this game, it would be from prizes) But when I got home yesterday I had a ton of stuff to catch up on in the thread, I skimmed a bit, and posted some, then went back to read everything better. There was more than 10 pages of posts. I didn't know anything about more things being revealed, but I picked up on that later, and I still believe this game has secret stuff going on. You don't have to agree with that, its just what I believe. My role is not unlynchable, and I think some really smart ppl pulled off a stunt yesterday.

I think that answers the second and third question, they are kind of tied together, because I'm basing everything on the fact that I don't know what is going on. I think I've missed a few posts from ppl, so I promise I will try and address them when I get home. Not sure what time that will be, it Depends on how long it is t
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I don't know what I expected.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Boomslang »

Matahari wrote:
This deserves a response, and I have to leave soon, so I'll answer this. By 'half-joke, I mean I knew ppl would say "su-u-u-r-r-r-e", or pick it apart. By half-question I meant in the event that Ukita was trying to stop the lynch for real, know matter which person he believed in, then fine, I expressed appreciation. I would not try saving anyone if I were him, unless there are secrets I am not aware of, that make his role a bit safer than it sounds. No matter what we can or can't say, I 100% believe there are some secrets in this game.

Which leads to my thinking that someone might have used a save on me yesterday to cement the idea that I was a bad role, or, as I was thinking earlier, before MP posted, someone may have been planning to save FZ. Mafia knows how to use secret things (apparently in this game, it would be from prizes) But when I got home yesterday I had a ton of stuff to catch up on in the thread, I skimmed a bit, and posted some, then went back to read everything better. There was more than 10 pages of posts. I didn't know anything about more things being revealed, but I picked up on that later, and I still believe this game has secret stuff going on. You don't have to agree with that, its just what I believe. My role is not unlynchable, and I think some really smart ppl pulled off a stunt yesterday.

I think that answers the second and third question, they are kind of tied together, because I'm basing everything on the fact that I don't know what is going on. I think I've missed a few posts from ppl, so I promise I will try and address them when I get home. Not sure what time that will be, it Depends on how long it is t
Mata, I'mma cut you with Occam's Razor. What's more likely? That you've been the "victim" of some crazy baddie scheme to save your butt, or that you are yourself bad and were unlynchable? More importantly, why would the baddies bother to save you unless you were bad? They want the civs dead.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Mata not being lynched looks really bad because like Boom said why would the baddies set you up?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Hey Bass when you get a chance:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:You haven't been keeping up with your own thought process?
Not really with this game.
Alright can I ask you this question then:

You said this:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
juliets wrote:TH, regarding your wanting to return to discussion on MM, can you link to your case on him? Or just maybe mention the major points about him and that will jar my memory.
Click this post and then keep reading down the page. Just read and absorb, form your own opinion, then come back to my analysis here...

Eventually MM makes a list of Kira suspects that fit a profile he seemed to have created on the fly... and until today, after being prompted by Bea herself to do so, he hasn't voted for or pursued any of those suspects. The question I ask myself is, is he even interested in catching Kira? The evidence says no.

I would love to point to the other times I tried to engage with MM in the same way as I did above, but after that exchange he tended to outright ignore my direct questions to him, skulking away into the shadows, only to accuse me yesterday of not bringing up any points about him. When I proved him wrong on that, he scurried back into the shadows once again. Hah!
I agree with a lot of stuff thats being talked about because of this post. I find it odd that MM had all those suspects and didn't really question any of them or vote any till pressed to. I will be voting MM today because of this.

Sorrry I just got off the road and realized I had to vote so now I'm going to bed . good night.
Which is a direct parroting of TH's suspicion of MM. Then you said this:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
boo wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:I not sure who to vote for yet. I'm going to think about it, and come back to vote later.

Does anyone else find it strange that Made forgot the one of the Sympathizers was dead? It almost makes me wonder if he could be Yotsuba and their secret win condition isn't effected by having the Sympathizers dead.
Ok, well. I did a read of Bass now.

Of 50 posts, this is the only one I want to quote, but first, most of his posts are:
1) Telling us he's getting caught up.
2) Telling us he has caught up.
3) Saying goodbye to the person who gets killed.
4) Telling us he's currently busy and well get caught up later.
5) Quoting people and offering a one or two sentence thought.
6) Quoting people he agrees with and using their reason to vote.
7) Voting without quoting, and just vaguely saying he agrees with the suspicion.

So, bass, questions for you:
1) Can you name the 3 people your most suspicious of and think you will vote for today.
2) Without quoting people, can you give reasons why you think those 3 people are the most suspicious? And I do mean reasons, not just saying Person A, Person B, and Person C, because they're suspicious.
3) We know you were right that Made was Yotsuba. Do you still think the reason Made seemed to have forgot a Sympathizer was dead was because it wasn't important to his win condition?
Well my top three are
1. TH
2. MM
3. The llama

I might be wrong or missed somethings in the thread because of how crazy RL has been and how crazy this game has been but those are the top 3.

The reason for the top two is because of them surviving the lynches. I know their are roles that aren't kiras that can survive but why should we just give them a free pass because of that.

The llama because he asked a question that made me raise my eye brow. he asked who would kill S~V~S and LC. It made me raise my brow because I asked almost the same question in zelda mafia only I asked, who would kill S~V~S and MP? The answer was lama so I think its possible that he would take those players out early here.

With made I think it might make sense because we don't know what their win conditions are.
So my questions to you Bass are:

1) Why did you vote for MM based on TH's suspicion and parrot his post? Did you really agree with "a lot of the stuff" that was brought up about MM or were you looking for a quick, comfortable place to put your vote?

2) Why is TH, whose post you agreed with one lynch prior, suddenly your top suspect?

3) More importantly, why is he above MM on your list of suspects if you agreed with him that MM was suspicious?

4) Why are two of your top three suspects unlynchable?

5) Why is llama on your list for a reason that happened ages ago? Did you just make that reason up?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:Mata not being lynched looks really bad because like Boom said why would the baddies set you up?
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

DharmaHelper wrote:Hey Bass when you get a chance:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:You haven't been keeping up with your own thought process?
Not really with this game.
Alright can I ask you this question then:

You said this:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
juliets wrote:TH, regarding your wanting to return to discussion on MM, can you link to your case on him? Or just maybe mention the major points about him and that will jar my memory.
Click this post and then keep reading down the page. Just read and absorb, form your own opinion, then come back to my analysis here...

Eventually MM makes a list of Kira suspects that fit a profile he seemed to have created on the fly... and until today, after being prompted by Bea herself to do so, he hasn't voted for or pursued any of those suspects. The question I ask myself is, is he even interested in catching Kira? The evidence says no.

I would love to point to the other times I tried to engage with MM in the same way as I did above, but after that exchange he tended to outright ignore my direct questions to him, skulking away into the shadows, only to accuse me yesterday of not bringing up any points about him. When I proved him wrong on that, he scurried back into the shadows once again. Hah!
I agree with a lot of stuff thats being talked about because of this post. I find it odd that MM had all those suspects and didn't really question any of them or vote any till pressed to. I will be voting MM today because of this.

Sorrry I just got off the road and realized I had to vote so now I'm going to bed . good night.
Which is a direct parroting of TH's suspicion of MM. Then you said this:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
boo wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:I not sure who to vote for yet. I'm going to think about it, and come back to vote later.

Does anyone else find it strange that Made forgot the one of the Sympathizers was dead? It almost makes me wonder if he could be Yotsuba and their secret win condition isn't effected by having the Sympathizers dead.
Ok, well. I did a read of Bass now.

Of 50 posts, this is the only one I want to quote, but first, most of his posts are:
1) Telling us he's getting caught up.
2) Telling us he has caught up.
3) Saying goodbye to the person who gets killed.
4) Telling us he's currently busy and well get caught up later.
5) Quoting people and offering a one or two sentence thought.
6) Quoting people he agrees with and using their reason to vote.
7) Voting without quoting, and just vaguely saying he agrees with the suspicion.

So, bass, questions for you:
1) Can you name the 3 people your most suspicious of and think you will vote for today.
2) Without quoting people, can you give reasons why you think those 3 people are the most suspicious? And I do mean reasons, not just saying Person A, Person B, and Person C, because they're suspicious.
3) We know you were right that Made was Yotsuba. Do you still think the reason Made seemed to have forgot a Sympathizer was dead was because it wasn't important to his win condition?
Well my top three are
1. TH
2. MM
3. The llama

I might be wrong or missed somethings in the thread because of how crazy RL has been and how crazy this game has been but those are the top 3.

The reason for the top two is because of them surviving the lynches. I know their are roles that aren't kiras that can survive but why should we just give them a free pass because of that.

The llama because he asked a question that made me raise my eye brow. he asked who would kill S~V~S and LC. It made me raise my brow because I asked almost the same question in zelda mafia only I asked, who would kill S~V~S and MP? The answer was lama so I think its possible that he would take those players out early here.

With made I think it might make sense because we don't know what their win conditions are.
So my questions to you Bass are:

1) Why did you vote for MM based on TH's suspicion and parrot his post? Did you really agree with "a lot of the stuff" that was brought up about MM or were you looking for a quick, comfortable place to put your vote?

2) Why is TH, whose post you agreed with one lynch prior, suddenly your top suspect?

3) More importantly, why is he above MM on your list of suspects if you agreed with him that MM was suspicious?

4) Why are two of your top three suspects unlynchable?

5) Why is llama on your list for a reason that happened ages ago? Did you just make that reason up?
To be 100% honest this game was so overwhelming with everything that was going on in real life I wasnt really paying attention so now that I'm really trying to catch up and not bullshiting I realizes that my top three suspects are dumb.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I'm really quite interested to hear your actual suspects and why you suspect them. If you don't want my vote, I suggest you get crackin'.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Is Dp usually this quiet during games?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:Is Dp usually this quiet during games?
Yes.

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 224
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

We are still waiting on him to answer the pending question.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

DharmaHelper wrote:
Yes.
Thank you.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Mata what are your thoughts on Rico?
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 575

Post by thellama73 »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Yes.
I tried to lynch him for it, like, my first seven games in a row.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Boomslang wrote:
Matahari wrote:

Mata, I'mma cut you with Occam's Razor. What's more likely? That you've been the "victim" of some crazy baddie scheme to save your butt, or that you are yourself bad and were unlynchable? More importantly, why would the baddies bother to save you unless you were bad? They want the civs dead.
Exactly. They want the civs dead. If they can set up a civ with some kind of lynch save, then that civ makes a perfect patsy. A few ppl make cases against someone and use a lynch save=unlynchable baddie. If you make me look like a shinigami or a kira now, then as soon as you think I can be lynched, you will do it because its been 'generally accepted' that I'm bad. You pretending that you don't get that sounds pretty shady to me. But go with Occam's Razor, if you're a misguided civ, what else can you do. If you're not, we can all laugh when the game is over about how sneaky the baddies were.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Matahari wrote:
Boomslang wrote:
Matahari wrote:

Exactly. They want the civs dead. If they can set up a civ with some kind of lynch save, then that civ makes a perfect patsy. A few ppl make cases against someone and use a lynch save=unlynchable baddie. If you make me look like a shinigami or a kira now, then as soon as you think I can be lynched, you will do it because its been 'generally accepted' that I'm bad. You pretending that you don't get that sounds pretty shady to me. But go with Occam's Razor, if you're a misguided civ, what else can you do. If you're not, we can all laugh when the game is over about how sneaky the baddies were.
That's an atrocious strategy if you are bad. You use that save to keep yourself or your teammates around, not protect a civilian from a lynch in hopes you can set her up the next Day. That's inefficient. That's uncertain. That's a waste of time. And it's a waste of a resource (the save). No ma'am: You let the civilian get lynched so you can keep working those numbers down.

In this game, has Turnip Head been lynched a second time? Has Metalmarsh89? No one has been lynched a second time. There is no rationale for Mafia burning a save to keep you around. :disappoint:
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:Mata what are your thoughts on Rico?
Currently, my thoughts on him are the same as everyone else, yourself included, TH and MM excluded. I think everyone is potentially bad, because someone is :shrug2: and I'm not sure who. I have trusted everyone at certain points during the game, and mistrusted everyone as well.

And for now, I'm going to pipe down because you guys have made your minds up about me, so you need to concentrate on finding Kira for the next lynch.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Matahari wrote:
Currently, my thoughts on him are the same as everyone else, yourself included, TH and MM excluded. I think everyone is potentially bad, because someone is :shrug2: and I'm not sure who. I have trusted everyone at certain points during the game, and mistrusted everyone as well.

And for now, I'm going to pipe down because you guys have made your minds up about me, so you need to concentrate on finding Kira for the next lynch.
So you dont think it will help if you help find a kira?
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Epignosis wrote:
Matahari wrote:
Boomslang wrote:
Matahari wrote:

That's an atrocious strategy if you are bad. You use that save to keep yourself or your teammates around, not protect a civilian from a lynch in hopes you can set her up the next Day. That's inefficient. That's uncertain. That's a waste of time. And it's a waste of a resource (the save). No ma'am: You let the civilian get lynched so you can keep working those numbers down.

In this game, has Turnip Head been lynched a second time? Has Metalmarsh89? No one has been lynched a second time. There is no rationale for Mafia burning a save to keep you around. :disappoint:
Not even to get suspicion off FZ? and now, I'm stopping.

well, linki. Bass- I will still keep looking for Kira and I'll vote for who I think seems most likely.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Matahari wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Matahari wrote:
Boomslang wrote:
Matahari wrote:

Not even to get suspicion off FZ? and now, I'm stopping.

well, linki. Bass- I will still keep looking for Kira and I'll vote for who I think seems most likely.
FZ hinted she wouldnt die so why burn the save now and not wait till later?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

"Hinted."
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Epignosis wrote:"Hinted."
I thought I read that she hinted that.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Matahari wrote:

TH and MM excluded why?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Epignosis wrote:"Hinted."
I thought I read that she hinted that.
Well, if that's hinting, then I'm going to hint that I'm currently drinking beer.

Hey, I'm currently drinking beer.

Return to “Previous Jobs”