Death Note Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 522

Re: Death Note Mafia [DAY 10]

Post by FZ. »

thellama73 wrote:Turnip Head, I was obviously referring to the person who sent in the kill, the current Kira. I have no information on who that person may or may not have BTSC with. It was not a slip. Go nettle someone else, Shinigami, it grows tiresome.

linki: call it all you want. See who listens. I don't take my orders from you.
So refuting suspicion is just something others are supposed to do, not you?

TH, why do you think Boo is on the level?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 822

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:This game FINALLY got interesting.
You mean after you shut up about FZ for more than five minutes? I agree completely. :D
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 575

Post by thellama73 »

There is one player in the game has practically been screaming "I am Higuchi" since day one. His name is Robert, but round these parts he goes by Epignosis.
The evidence against FZ still exists, and I still find it persuasive. If she were Light, that fits.
The thing that made me think she was lying in her defense was how adamant it was, which I would not have done if I had been an unlynchable civ. Having to relinquish the death note to save herself explains this.

It all fits. It's very elegant.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 1001
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

FZ. wrote:TH, why do you think Boo is on the level?
I have no real reason to trust Boo. I just feel that his suspicions and concerns (including his concerns about me) have come from a genuine detective's perspective. It feels like he's trying, even if I don't agree with his methods or observations. Don't let me stop you from suspecting him though. I have no information about Boo.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

thellama73 wrote:There is one player in the game has practically been screaming "I am Higuchi" since day one. His name is Robert, but round these parts he goes by Epignosis.
The evidence against FZ still exists, and I still find it persuasive. If she were Light, that fits.
The thing that made me think she was lying in her defense was how adamant it was, which I would not have done if I had been an unlynchable civ. Having to relinquish the death note to save herself explains this.

Having chewed the bark clean off the tree stump, the wolves begin to circle each other, starvation driving them to betrayal.

ImageImage
ImageImage
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 267
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

FZ. wrote:
boo wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
boo wrote:Alright, does this mean what I think it means?

FZ seems to have seen that coming. She's Light, gave up the note to Higuchi so she wouldn't be lynched, but now Higuchi can be.

Now, if you're anything like me, Epi has been the obvious Higuchi for most of the game, and he has tried to take cover behind making it look like he's just a regular Yotsuba. I do not believe he's a regular Yotsuba (and even if he is, for me, that's not a loss, which I hope I've made clear by this point).

So... Epi already thought FZ was probably Light, and was pushing for her lynch to make her give up the note, so that he could get it?

Are there any other good Higuchi candidates? Anyone who has previously survived an attempt (that isn't FZ, if we're working under the assumption she's Light, which I can accept and work into other things I believe) is a candidate, but I don't think it is any of them.
My read of Epi is that everything he's done has been driven by a desire not to be lynched or Nked. If he was Higuchi and thought that FZ was Light, it would be the last thing he'd want to do to get her lynched. Because he'd be invincible without his DN.
What about winning though? Does it make sense that Higuchi could be an unkillable role the entire game and win?
So when I said it before, you had nothing to say, but now you've decided to suggest this option? And if he's Higuchi, I don't think he can even know who Light is. In any case, I'm not Light. But you, are just all over the place. Name one person since the game has started, that you called baddie and actually turned out to be one. I mean a Kira, not Yotsuba
I'm not saying he knows who Light is, I'm saying he thinks he knows. And with L being alerted to when a note changes hands, it could just be an attempt to set you up if Epi is Higuchi and the note did move.

But there aren't a lot of possibilities for your role now that you've survived a lynch, and you seemed to have prior knowledge about when the NK would take place, and who would be killed (and it seems to me like you already knew their role, which means you've taken the eye deal I think).

And the game isn't over yet, and I've called lots of people baddies. So I could be right or wrong lots of times. I don't really see your point. How many times have you been right? Once?
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

FZ. wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Turnip Head, I was obviously referring to the person who sent in the kill, the current Kira. I have no information on who that person may or may not have BTSC with. It was not a slip. Go nettle someone else, Shinigami, it grows tiresome.

linki: call it all you want. See who listens. I don't take my orders from you.
So refuting suspicion is just something others are supposed to do, not you?

TH, why do you think Boo is on the level?
How does me naming names refute suspicion? I could name anybody. It would be a trifling matter. Why would that make me less suspicious?

You're trying to get me on the defensive. It won't work. I have no interest in defending myself to you. I have an interest in finding and lynching Kira.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

But there aren't a lot of possibilities for your role now that you've survived a lynch, and you seemed to have prior knowledge about when the NK would take place, and who would be killed (and it seems to me like you already knew their role, which means you've taken the eye deal I think).
Boo can you elaborate on this?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 675

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:This game FINALLY got interesting.
You mean after you shut up about FZ for more than five minutes? I agree completely. :D
I do what I do. :mafia:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

DharmaHelper wrote:
What part of it?
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

boo wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
What part of it?
Everything bolded and underlined.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Re: Death Note Mafia [DAY 9]

Post by Turnip Head »

Epignosis wrote:
FZ. wrote:llama and Epi, have you ever considered that maybe you were kept alive every day so you can keep pushing me lynch?
Have you ever considered that maybe I pushed your lynch so I could be kept alive?
I forgot to mention that this is most assuredly a perspective that makes sense for a detective to have. Push a lynch against someone regardless of your victim's alignment in order to keep yourself alive in a game where dead detectives are able to win. That's definitely what detectives do. That doesn't scream Yotsuba at all.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Roughly half of that should have been in orange.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 96

Post by Spacedaisy »

thellama73 wrote:There is one player in the game has practically been screaming "I am Higuchi" since day one. His name is Robert, but round these parts he goes by Epignosis.

Thank you! I agree completely with this. I have thought this from nearly the beginning.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Interesting.

Going to reread the entire game now. :)
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

After Roger Rabbit though.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I would like everyone to take note of FZ and TH's transparent sham attacks on me. TH demanded I name new suspects, immediately. If I don't, he reasons, I must be bad. FZ helpfully piles on.

This is one of those "Have you stopped beating your wife?" kind of questions. If I comply, I look opportunistic and desperate to get the spotlight off myself. If I refuse, I look uncooperative, despite the fact that me naming names proves nothing. A baddie could easily spit out two or three suspects at will.

These are not real attacks based on evidence. They are just petty attempts to set me up.

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

And I don't understand all this "FZ would fight tooth and nail if she were an unlynchable Kira and not an unlynchable detective". That is ass backwards logic if you ask me. A detective probably doesn't want to waste a lynch on herself. If FZ is Light, she would likely have to relinquish the Death Note at some point anyway. Once Higuchi dies, she would get it back, and she'd remain unkillable in the interim, AND SO WOULD MOST OF HER TEAM, so I see no logic in that argument. FZ played the way she did because she is FZ.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

thellama73 wrote:I would like everyone to take note of FZ and TH's transparent sham attacks on me. TH demanded I name new suspects, immediately. If I don't, he reasons, I must be bad. FZ helpfully piles on.

This is one of those "Have you stopped beating your wife?" kind of questions. If I comply, I look opportunistic and desperate to get the spotlight off myself. If I refuse, I look uncooperative, despite the fact that me naming names proves nothing. A baddie could easily spit out two or three suspects at will.

These are not real attacks based on evidence. They are just petty attempts to set me up.
You could share your thoughts though. :beer:

ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

DharmaHelper wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I would like everyone to take note of FZ and TH's transparent sham attacks on me. TH demanded I name new suspects, immediately. If I don't, he reasons, I must be bad. FZ helpfully piles on.

I believe I just did. :beer:

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

thellama73 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

So your additional suspects are "FZ and TH."
:omg:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Epignosis wrote:Going to reread the entire game now. :)
Holy shit good luck dude
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

DharmaHelper wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

To be fair he did just make a post about Epi being Higuchi :P
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Turnip Head wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

To be fair he did just make a post about Epi being Higuchi :P
I suppose you are right.

ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I knew someone would find a way to twist this and make me look bad again :sigh:

I didn't know when the NK would happen. If I did, why would I say what I did a few seconds before.

Has anyone ever considered that there's a detective who doesn't want to be lynched because someone would die instead of them? Not that I'm saying It's me, but the fact people kept saying a civ wouldn't fight so strong about not getting lynched even if he couldn't, baffles me.

I said what I did because I was afraid that if by any chance Watari was already dead, if L was targeted, the detective roles that can't be lynched, would be lynched, and if I were a baddie who found out a possible unlynchable detective, I'd wait for very close to the deadline with my kill, so most people already vote for that detective and won't be as careful with their lynch because it won't go through.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Question for everyone who's not a Shinigami: does TH voting for me because I didn't succumb to his ridiculous threats sound like genuine baddie hunting?

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

thellama73 wrote:Question for everyone who's not a Shinigami: does TH voting for me because I didn't succumb to his ridiculous threats sound like genuine baddie hunting?
Not really no. :stare:

ImageImage
ImageImage
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

DharmaHelper wrote:
boo wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
What part of it?
Ya.

During the last lynch, right before the kill:
FZ. wrote:I just want to remind you all, that we haven't had a NK yet and I don't know when it's going to come, but if a certain role is killed, it could have a big effect on the lynch as well.
The NK was 4 minutes later. Boomslang (Watari, obviously) being lynched, did have a big result, it caused two straight lynches. So it seems to me like FZ knew that was coming. She was also already pushing lynch discussion for the next lynch after Boomslang died, which makes me think she knew this would be the follow up.

Or she was set up, and played right into it and the actual Boomslang killer is just sitting back and enjoying watching it happen.

Which is WIFOM, but I don't think, in this situation, it's a back and forth I have to go through a lot.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

thellama73 wrote:Question for everyone who's not a Shinigami: does TH voting for me because I didn't succumb to his ridiculous threats sound like genuine baddie hunting?
I also voted for you because you didn't respond to my accusation that you had slipped up. You're still trying to sweep that little detail under the rug I see.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

boo wrote:During the last lynch, right before the kill:
FZ. wrote:I just want to remind you all, that we haven't had a NK yet and I don't know when it's going to come, but if a certain role is killed, it could have a big effect on the lynch as well.
The NK was 4 minutes later. Boomslang (Watari, obviously) being lynched, did have a big result, it caused two straight lynches. So it seems to me like FZ knew that was coming. She was also already pushing lynch discussion for the next lynch after Boomslang died, which makes me think she knew this would be the follow up.
If anyone could tell me why it would make ANY damn sense for FZ to make that comment if she knew the NK was coming, I'd love to hear it.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Going to reread the entire game now. :)
Holy shit good luck dude
I don't need luck. Just beer, quiet children, electricity, and Internet.

I now have all these things.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

No, but like I said, you were so full of it and your suspicion of me has taken over the entire game. I think expecting you to give something other than what you have was fair. I also think it was a sort of a protest and calling your bluff vote, and he might also believe you're bad. I wouldn't rule out the possibility that he had to vote fast for some reason. I agree that he should have waited with his vote, but you really asked for it.

llama, I don't know if you're bad, but the way you've been handling things lately doesn't scream very civvie to me.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

boo wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
boo wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
What part of it?
Ya.

Or she was set up, and played right into it and the actual Boomslang killer is just sitting back and enjoying watching it happen.

Which is WIFOM, but I don't think, in this situation, it's a back and forth I have to go through a lot.
MM probably knew his team had killed Watari and wanted to cancel out the two days thing with Mikami's ability.

ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Can I just say that I love you TH (but if you turn out bad, I'm never trusting you again). :D
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

FZ. wrote:Can I just say that I love you TH (but if you turn out bad, I'm never trusting you again). :D
:hugs:
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

DharmaHelper wrote:
boo wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
boo wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
What part of it?
Ya.

MM probably knew his team had killed Watari and wanted to cancel out the two days thing with Mikami's ability.
Yes, I was thinking that to answer what TH had asked. So, FZ's post before the kill was a last ditch effort to get Mikami to do what they wanted (or an absurd coincidence).
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

FZ. wrote:
No, but like I said, you were so full of it and your suspicion of me has taken over the entire game. I think expecting you to give something other than what you have was fair. I also think it was a sort of a protest and calling your bluff vote, and he might also believe you're bad. I wouldn't rule out the possibility that he had to vote fast for some reason. I agree that he should have waited with his vote, but you really asked for it.

llama, I don't know if you're bad, but the way you've been handling things lately doesn't scream very civvie to me.
What do you think of Epignosis?

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

thellama73 wrote:
FZ. wrote:

What do you think of Epignosis?
At least he's going to read things now, and his case on me was always better than yours, so between the two of you, I trust him more
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Boo, if I had done it to get Mikami to commit suicide or whatever, why would I wait for the last second? Pretty stupid if you ask me. Give Mikami 4 minutes to get my message. Yep, makes a lot of sense
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

FZ. wrote:Boo, if I had done it to get Mikami to commit suicide or whatever, why would I wait for the last second? Pretty stupid if you ask me. Give Mikami 4 minutes to get my message. Yep, makes a lot of sense
Well that's the thing about last ditch efforts, they tend to be the last thing you try, and you only try them when time is down to the wire.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I read Boomslang, and it made me sad.

I don't usually give these but:

RIP Boomslang. I hope to net you and Russ a win now.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Regarding the already-lynched-but-not-dead:

If you are Higuchi and you survive a lynch, what is the most logical thing to do? Fake Shinigami.

I'm going to continue my reading while paying close attention to TH, MM, Mata, and FZ.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

boo wrote:
FZ. wrote:Boo, if I had done it to get Mikami to commit suicide or whatever, why would I wait for the last second? Pretty stupid if you ask me. Give Mikami 4 minutes to get my message. Yep, makes a lot of sense
Well that's the thing about last ditch efforts, they tend to be the last thing you try, and you only try them when time is down to the wire.
Yeah, whatever you need to tell yourself. Is this for real? You're not telling me why I couldn't have said that an hour before, a day before, or somewhere in between? Come on.

I might need to strangle someone soon
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

And now, I'm going to bed. If anyone wants to actually look at bad behaviour and not just make crazy and ridiculous speculations, I'll be here tomorrow
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

FZ. wrote:And now, I'm going to bed. If anyone wants to actually look at bad behaviour and not just make crazy and ridiculous speculations, I'll be here tomorrow
Bad behavior is not worth looking at nine times out of ten. I keep trying to tell you this. Bad guys try really hard to be good.

Don't they. ;)
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 96

Post by Spacedaisy »

Ok wait, I think I misread that post of llama's... I am ay work now but when I get home I bet to read these last couple pages over. Something the me off...
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm examining boo next.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Are you reading the thread chronologically or just individual players?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:Are you reading the thread chronologically or just individual players?
Both. Multiple tabs. Cross-referencing.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

boo was bad in Shawshank:

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/search ... 7&sr=posts

That's the only time he's been bad in one of my games. If you want to read, go for it.

Return to “Previous Jobs”