8%
The Host (Host/Mod/Dead/NP)
58%

Total votes: 12
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 16
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Re: Harry Stephen Keeler [DAY 0]

Post by bea »

I have missed my durnken wabbit! Play nice with the investers. You want their yen!!! ;)
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 294

Post by rabbit8 »

bea wrote:I have missed my durnken wabbit! Play nice with the investers. You want their yen!!! ;)

Renminbi these day., or RMB ;)

I thought I was a drunk. The Chinese, well they put me to shame. I can't believe it!!!! :beer:

Later Bea, and SVS. :evileye: :goofp:
ShēpInWolfsClothing
Posts in topic: 11

Post by ShēpInWolfsClothing »

From this day forward, I shall be known as sir wolfysheep ivoryballs. Or wolfysheep for short :beer:
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 103

Post by blindfaeth »

ShēpInWolfsClothing wrote:From this day forward, I shall be known as sir wolfysheep ivoryballs. Or wolfysheep for short :beer:
:haha:

At least you aren't going with Tina this time! :P
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

Golden wrote:
blindfaeth wrote:So, I already have a suspicion but I am keeping to myself until day 1 to see how everything plays out.

Golden, do you see what I see?
As I'm reading back through... because the way you've phrased it makes me now think we are possibly seeing different things.

Mine is definitely more an idea, a category of people, than a single person. But your phrase makes it sound like a suspicion of a particular individual... and that I'm not getting.
Mine is actually two individuals. Grammar nazi :pout:
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 244
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

rabbit8 wrote:My two favorite ladies are awake, and here I am drunk in China about to go to dinner with some fuckers who I need to invest in my shit. I wish I could punch Diggs in the face....right now!!!!!

:guitar:
I could threaten to pay you back for this but I know I never would. I am deeply hurt however. :pout:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

juliets wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:My two favorite ladies are awake, and here I am drunk in China about to go to dinner with some fuckers who I need to invest in my shit. I wish I could punch Diggs in the face....right now!!!!!

:guitar:
I could threaten to pay you back for this but I know I never would. I am deeply hurt however. :pout:

My goodness. :hug:

Now you're bringing out my mushy side. Are you trying to embarrasses me in front of the whole thread? How could I admit there are more than 2 peeps I actually like and think are awesome without feeling like a nub? It's like you want me to commit suicide. The rep, JC, the REP!!!!! Plus, I was drunk. Like drunk dialing, it's never accurate and there is always a better booty call you miss.......................................................... :help: Not that you're like a booty call or anything of the sort, just well shit I better stop now. I just got confirmation that my trip was worth, well a lot and fuck. Damn you JC, you has me flustered!!! :noble:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Never would I want you to be flustered nor ruin your Rep! I think it just reinforces your big bad wabbitness. And congratulations on China - good to know all that traveling wasn't in vain much less all the imbibing with the chinese.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 131

Post by thellama73 »

Question for the thread:

Everyone has now checked in, and it took a lot less long than I anticipated. I can start Day 1 today, but on Friday I have a party I have to go to and will probably not be able to end the day on time. Do you want me to go ahead and do that with the knowledge that we may have a 72 hour Day 1, or do you want to hang out in the no-pressure Day 0 for the full 48 hours?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

juliets wrote:Never would I want you to be flustered nor ruin your Rep! I think it just reinforces your big bad wabbitness. And congratulations on China - good to know all that traveling wasn't in vain much less all the imbibing with the chinese.

Gah, now I feel like I need to Skype my wife and tell her feelings and stuff. Like I like my kids or something. She would like that, so I wont. :goofp:

This should prolly be in OT or something, that's a lot of work though, fuck it.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Having a 72 hour day 1 might be beneficial for us because we have such a hard time with suspicions on day 1 (or at least I do). Then again, hanging out in Day 0 is fun. I'll vote for going on to Day 1 but if most people want to hang in Day 0 for another day I won't mind that either.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 268

Post by Epignosis »

Well, I was going to try to post using quotes, but all the profanity has now tripped my work's "Adult Material" filter. So now I can't read anything further on page 3. I am only able to post this from the quick reply feature on another page of the thread. Thanks rabbit! :meany:

Dom, I used the verb tense I did because it made the most sense. Why do you find it odd that there are fewer Day 0 choices than people?

S~V~S isn't an acronym unless you pronounce it "Svvvsss."

llama, I like moving things along.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
ShēpInWolfsClothing

thellama73 wrote:Question for the thread:

Everyone has now checked in, and it took a lot less long than I anticipated. I can start Day 1 today, but on Friday I have a party I have to go to and will probably not be able to end the day on time. Do you want me to go ahead and do that with the knowledge that we may have a 72 hour Day 1, or do you want to hang out in the no-pressure Day 0 for the full 48 hours?
I'm good with moving things along. I want people to start incriminating themselves ASAP :)
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 111

Post by fingersplints »

I vote 72 hour day!
Gro-oo-ovy
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Epignosis wrote:Well, I was going to try to post using quotes, but all the profanity has now tripped my work's "Adult Material" filter. So now I can't read anything further on page 3. I am only able to post this from the quick reply feature on another page of the thread. Thanks rabbit! :meany:

Dom, I used the verb tense I did because it made the most sense. Why do you find it odd that there are fewer Day 0 choices than people?

I would blame the prudeness of your work environment. I could never work for someone who edits my language. Maybe that's why I work for myself? I don't know? Tell the to screw off......Nubs are nubs. Like a little foul language is going to hurt anyone? You need me to filter my self for your cause?

Not likely to happen. But I could try......................Is there no filter for this site? :shrug:

How do you host games, considering in I'm in Roger Rabbit? :eye:
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Epi works for a school rabbit. I'm ok with them being "anti swear" :p
Gro-oo-ovy
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 452

Post by S~V~S »

You know what I meant, Epi. Stop correcting me. I am not one of your students :)
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

fingersplints wrote:Epi works for a school rabbit. I'm ok with them being "anti swear" :p

Well.....that makes a big difference. Sorry I admit I'm not up to date with all the players.

I will try to tone it down for school purposes. I cant be held responsible for 100% compliance though. :shrug2:

Golden can kiss my arse though. :p
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 234
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

S~V~S wrote:You know what I meant, Epi. Stop correcting me. I am not one of your students :)
Yeah, rabbit, beeotch! :dark:

What does S~V~S stand for? It's not quite your name.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Oh, never mind - BR just reminded me what it stands for! :noble: Don't tell anyone, it's a good secret!
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 222

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote:Well, I was going to try to post using quotes, but all the profanity has now tripped my work's "Adult Material" filter. So now I can't read anything further on page 3. I am only able to post this from the quick reply feature on another page of the thread. Thanks rabbit! :meany:

Because I figured an event like this would give everyone an item. :)

SVS=Sit Vincent Sit, if you remember from Lostpedia, people. :p
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 268

Post by Epignosis »

New page. I can read along again.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

Day one day one!
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 50

Post by Vompatti »

Hello everyone! So glad to be a part of this! I do not currently have any personal experience but will be sure to join the discussion later! :wine:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I'm busy right now, but I'll start Day One when I have a chance.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

So, I didn't see anything forbidding it in the rules but before I say more, does anyone know if we are allowed to talk about our items?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

blindfaeth wrote:So, I didn't see anything forbidding it in the rules but before I say more, does anyone know if we are allowed to talk about our items?
You may talk about them if you wish, but by no means feel compelled to do so.

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I think my item is a dud. :(
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 42

Post by DFaraday »

Apparently my berries were useless as well. On the plus side, they didn't kill me.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 260

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:I am intrigued by BF & Golden. Positioning themselves as a Batman & Robin of sorts right out of the gate, sticking cred right onto each other. Then, as Epi pointed out, BF did the same in another game. That is still in progress, but Golden at least was civ there.
Hey... I'm not sticking any cred into bf. :suspish:

All I'm doing is saying it is normal for bf to do it, which I think you would know. I don't think it's helpful for the town to go suspecting bf based on something he would do when civ. There is a big difference between saying 'thats normal bf and i don't suspect him for it' and 'thats bf's civvie game'.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

Well, my item isn't a will for me, it's someone else's will. Like, a specific player, not a role. And if they die, I inherit a large sum of money. That leads me to believe I know the identity of the millionaire. So I wouldn't mind lynching them if other people agree. But for the idea to work, we have to actually lynch them, since he gets stronger from votes that he survives.

I realize I'm probably more quick to take action because I get a benefit regardless, but what does everyone think?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

blindfaeth wrote:
Golden wrote:
blindfaeth wrote:So, I already have a suspicion but I am keeping to myself until day 1 to see how everything plays out.

Golden, do you see what I see?
As I'm reading back through... because the way you've phrased it makes me now think we are possibly seeing different things.

Mine is definitely more an idea, a category of people, than a single person. But your phrase makes it sound like a suspicion of a particular individual... and that I'm not getting.
Mine is actually two individuals. Grammar nazi :pout:
It was the same thing!!! lol!
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

Also, it's practically day one so I guess I wouldn't mind talking about my suspicions now. Which are unrelated to my item.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:Well, I was going to try to post using quotes, but all the profanity has now tripped my work's "Adult Material" filter. So now I can't read anything further on page 3.
I feel your pain, epi, I feel your pain.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

blindfaeth wrote:Well, my item isn't a will for me, it's someone else's will. Like, a specific player, not a role. And if they die, I inherit a large sum of money. That leads me to believe I know the identity of the millionaire. So I wouldn't mind lynching them if other people agree. But for the idea to work, we have to actually lynch them, since he gets stronger from votes that he survives.

I realize I'm probably more quick to take action because I get a benefit regardless, but what does everyone think?
I think that's treading close to info-dropping. I'd like to hear from MP07 and Dom on the subject before you do that. Perhaps it would have been better to not mention it, and start building a case against this Millionaire possibility.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

blindfaeth wrote:Well, my item isn't a will for me, it's someone else's will. Like, a specific player, not a role. And if they die, I inherit a large sum of money. That leads me to believe I know the identity of the millionaire. So I wouldn't mind lynching them if other people agree. But for the idea to work, we have to actually lynch them, since he gets stronger from votes that he survives.

I am completely on board, that actually sounds like a really good idea.

Although I was hoping the will would be a rezz for you if you died :(

And since you have an active use for your item, clearly mine is a dud too.

linki... LC has a point... but on the other hand at this point bf has mentioned it and it puts a big target on his back from the baddies if he keeps the will, so if we go another route I think we should agree that he should be deprived of the will by another civilian overnight.
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

But I don't have info. I guess theoretically anyone could have a lot of money to give away. It's just a hunch.
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

Long Con wrote:

I think that's treading close to info-dropping. I'd like to hear from MP07 and Dom on the subject before you do that. Perhaps it would have been better to not mention it, and start building a case against this Millionaire possibility.
Why them specifically?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

thellama73 wrote:RULES

1. No role outing of yourself or others. Role hint with extreme caution.
I guess this is the important thing... it's llama you should ask. Would he count it as role outing?

I'm still not comfortable that I know the info culture here. At RM we definitely would have gone for it.
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

No, not role outing. It's an educated guess. All I know is whose will I have and that I get a lot of money when they die. Lots of money sounds like a millionaire to me.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Well, you know I'm up for it anyway :D
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 125

Post by Bullzeye »

blindfaeth wrote:No, not role outing. It's an educated guess. All I know is whose will I have and that I get a lot of money when they die. Lots of money sounds like a millionaire to me.
Well if I were that person - regardless of the accuracy of your guess - I would certainly feel outed/infodumped against/unfairly treated.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 267
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Llama already said we could discuss items so it sounds like it's within the rules. You've said this much so you might as well name this player, IMO, and we can go from there. Like you said you don't know the player's role for sure, so I don't think it can be considered outing. And if you don't say anything, the baddies might get control of the will anyway. My two cents. Certainly a bold step BF.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 222

Post by Dom »

Bullzeye wrote:
blindfaeth wrote:No, not role outing. It's an educated guess. All I know is whose will I have and that I get a lot of money when they die. Lots of money sounds like a millionaire to me.
Well if I were that person - regardless of the accuracy of your guess - I would certainly feel outed/infodumped against/unfairly treated.
this tbh
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I disagree strongly with bullz statement.

I can't remember a time when the person lynched on day one didn't feel it was unfair, no matter what the reason. Day one lynches always suck.

Whats the difference between it being unfair because someone has a hunch that their item is a role hint, and it being unfair because someone sees some minutiae in the thread? I don't see one.

I don't like that it is being made some kind of moral issue. It's a host setting - either it's ok or it isn't. (and my eye is squarely on bullz for his comment).
ShēpInWolfsClothing

So rolé outing counts for other players too? I can't discuss my hunch about what role a specific player is playing?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 267
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

ShēpInWolfsClothing wrote:So rolé outing counts for other players too? I can't discuss my hunch about what role a specific player is playing?
No, you can do this. But if you receive 100% irrefutable proof of another player's role, and you out yourself in order to relay this information, that's what is considered not kosher/ against the rules.

Blindfaeth didn't out his role, we already knew what item he acquired, and Llama confirmed that it was okay to discuss what the items do. He could have built a more standard case against this player instead of tying it to the item's ability, but it's too late for that now.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 125

Post by Bullzeye »

Golden wrote:I disagree strongly with bullz statement.

I can't remember a time when the person lynched on day one didn't feel it was unfair, no matter what the reason. Day one lynches always suck.

Whats the difference between it being unfair because someone has a hunch that their item is a role hint, and it being unfair because someone sees some minutiae in the thread? I don't see one.

I don't like that it is being made some kind of moral issue. It's a host setting - either it's ok or it isn't. (and my eye is squarely on bullz for his comment).
You are obviously unfamiliar with my attitude towards infodumping. Read the fury in my late posts in the Monty Python game, or the comment I made in the thread about how to handle infodumping. I have a fiery, passionate hatred of info in all its forms. Boogs is one of my all time favourite people to play with, I think he's a brilliant person and a great laugh, but I tore him to shreds for outing me and at the time I was literally that angry. Good or bad, I will never be okay with following info to get someone lynched. It just isn't how I play. I don't care about fighting against it here, it doesn't affect me, but knowing how I would feel in the shoes of whoever BF's will is attached to, I will not be following it and I will not have my disapproval silenced by fear of suspicion. I will happily admit my view of infodumping is very strict but that's just me.

Why is your eye not also on Dom for agreeing with me? It's very rare for he and I to agree on anything actually. I've half a mind to check Hell hasn't frozen over.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I'm a little wary of the name on the will anyways. If it is that directly tied into a role it doesn't really seem fair for that player, and I'm not sure the host would do that
Gro-oo-ovy
thellama73
Supatown

Harry Stephen Keeler Polls

Post by thellama73 »

Which Item Will You Purchase?

Skull
A Person (21)
4%

Promissory Note
Dom (15)
4%

Rare Book
juliets (14), Vompatti (25)
8%

Silver Buddha
S~V~S (6)
4%

Clock
MovingPictures07 (17)
4%

Green Jade Hand
Golden (2)
4%

Safe
Epignosis (7)
4%

Stock Certificate
Zomberella12 (16)
4%

Handkerchief
Canucklehead (22)
4%

Telegram
Mongoose (20)
4%

Will
blindfaeth (10)
4%

Julu berries
DFaraday (23)
4%

Amber Necklace
Elohcin (13)
4%

Two-Headed Elephant charm
Black Rock (4)
4%

Silver Coin
fingersplints (8)
4%

Key
Bullzeye (5), Turnip Head (12)
8%

Ivory Arrow
Long Con (3)
4%

Ivory Ball
ShēpInWolfsClothing (18)
4%

Ear tubes
LizKeen (11)
4%

Bottle
Metalmarsh89 (19)
4%

Nothing
rabbit8 (24), bea (26)
8%

Llama Statue (Host/Mod/Dead/NP)
thellama73 (1), zeek (9)
8%

Total votes : 26

Return to “Previous Jobs”