The Host (Host/Mod/Dead/NP)
58%

Total votes: 12
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 294

Re: Harry Stephen Keeler [DAY 1]

Post by rabbit8 »

I will likely vote for one of BF or Golden so I don't have to read this buddy cop shit all game. Frankly, it's annoying.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 260

Post by Golden »

OK Epi... but in that case... why come after me?

@rabbit - If Epi takes offence, my apologies. I don't think it is unreasonable for me to make reference to my alignment in that game given it is known. MP did this in Roger Rabbit about Aces, so I'm assuming it's in keeping with the rules of the site.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 268

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:OK Epi... but in that case... why come after me?
You're the one not taking any risks.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

@rabbit - If Epi takes offence, my apologies. I don't think it is unreasonable for me to make reference to my alignment in that game given it is known. MP did this in Roger Rabbit about Aces, so I'm assuming it's in keeping with the rules of the site.

I did not say you broke any rules. I just think it's bad form to keep bringing up a game that is not finished. You can do as you wish, I'm not your overlord. Just putting my opinion out there.

I also like Bullz, detest info dumping but don't really think BF has info dumped anything at all.

Iagree with Epi that BF has missed a huge opportunity here.

So when are we going to get to the low poster debate? :haha:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:
:D That's actually a fair comment. Especially in that I'm not committing to bf being good.

You'll see me take risks as soon as I have something I believe in. Right now I have a useless item and not a lot I'm particular convinced about. I'm sure that will change soon enough. I'm pushing where I see things and seeing what comes back. My first was at bullz, my second at you. Bullz feels civ to me. I'm still not convinced about you. I think your responses have been inconsistent and I'm not convinced your suspicion of bf or me was genuine.
LizKeen
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 117

Post by LizKeen »

Epignosis wrote:
Golden wrote:If BF is bad, saying what he said carries the penalty that he is being hounded by several people who look very likely to vote for him...

How is that no penalty??? And bf certainly isn't dumb enough to think he would get no heat for it.
I have no intention of voting for him. If he's bad, he'll live a while. If he's good, he'll probably die soon. That's the fate of loose lips around here.

And as I said, his actions have revealed something to me. Unfortunately I cannot pursue that at this time.

Why not?

Mongoose wrote:I have no idea how to read all these new (and "new") people. I'll just assume you are all good. Seems legit.
:)

Can't say I'll necessarily do the same but I appreciate the vote of confidence.

More lost than Oceanic Air Flight 815
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
:D That's actually a fair comment. Especially in that I'm not committing to bf being good.

You'll see me take risks as soon as I have something I believe in. Right now I have a useless item and not a lot I'm particular convinced about. I'm sure that will change soon enough. I'm pushing where I see things and seeing what comes back. My first was at bullz, my second at you. Bullz feels civ to me. I'm still not convinced about you. I think your responses have been inconsistent and I'm not convinced your suspicion of bf or me was genuine.
I wasn't suspicious of bf. I just called him foolish. Do you see what you did there?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

LizKeen wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Golden wrote:If BF is bad, saying what he said carries the penalty that he is being hounded by several people who look very likely to vote for him...

How is that no penalty??? And bf certainly isn't dumb enough to think he would get no heat for it.
I have no intention of voting for him. If he's bad, he'll live a while. If he's good, he'll probably die soon. That's the fate of loose lips around here.

And as I said, his actions have revealed something to me. Unfortunately I cannot pursue that at this time.
Why not?
I don't like self-fulfilling prophecies?
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 103

Post by blindfaeth »

Epignosis wrote:
blindfaeth wrote:Well here is another opportunity for you. Who are your baddie teammates? :P

Linki, K.
To whom is this post addressed?
You? :huh:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

blindfaeth wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
blindfaeth wrote:Well here is another opportunity for you. Who are your baddie teammates? :P

Linki, K.
To whom is this post addressed?
You? :huh:
Are you positive? Please double check this time.
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

S~V~S wrote:I am not voting for you now, BF, and am not sure that I even will. It's early, and it's Day One. We are talking about what has caught our eye, and this is what has caught mine.
Ok. You are wrong, all I can offer is what I've already said. I didn't feel any sort of compelling reason to respond. There was no specific question directed toward me. I had nothing to add.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:Other than blindfaeth, I don't think anyone got anything valuable. :rolleyes:

...right?

I mean, no one is going to come in here saying "Wowee, I got a magic crystal that shows me who the bad guys are!"

...right?

I mean, no one wants to be killed for their shit.

...right?

So I'm astonished at the risk blindfaeth has chosen to take. What astonishes me more is that he thinks he has three of five pegged on Day 1 due to a tenuous assumption on his part: That the owner of the will is the millionaire anarchist (would an anarchist even have a will? I don't know). This has been called "info" and "potential info." It is neither. It's an assumption. Knowing how much llama loves loves loves assumptions, it's naive to believe the owner of the will is most likely evil and that you can peg that person's teammates on Day 1.

And if you are right, blindfaeth, you squandered your opportunity. You should have gone hard after the owner of the will and observed what happened.
Well, thats certainly not the way I read this post.

I read this post as... no civvie would take this risk, right? So bf must be bad, right?
Epignosis wrote:
Golden wrote:@SVS

Would bf buddy up to me if he was civ? Yes. I know he gets confidence and energy from us seeing eye to eye. That part is absolute truth.
Would bf buddy up to me if he is bad? Yes. Bf is constantly aware that I am also the best at ratting out his baddie game, and I think he would be particularly aware of the fact I might be able to call him out.

The thing that makes me feel most comfortable about him? Our heads actually are in a very similar space, with eyes on the same people. This does give me some confidence.
Golden wrote:Although I was hoping the will would be a rezz for you if you died :(
That's a...thing to say on Day 1.
Golden wrote:Also, why put such a big target on your back so early if you are bad?
...because you won't get killed if your team controls the kill?
Golden wrote:The thing that makes me feel least comfortable about him? I don't like that I feel this drawn in to defending him so vehemently so early.
Golden wrote:Although I was hoping the will would be a rezz for you if you died :(
^You said that on your own accord.
Not how I read this post either. I read your second quote as 'bf did it because he won't get killed because his team controls the kill'.

I think it's pretty disingenuous to drop these things in the thread, let someone else 'assume' they are suspicions, and then call them out for it.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 222

Post by Dom »

Golden wrote:What are you thinking Dom?

And before you brush it off, remember... you were demanding answers to your questions, so I expect the same back.
I'm looking at MP and BF.... you're dependent on how BF unfolds.

I suppose MP might be mad at me for this, but BR's point was good.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

Dom wrote:
blindfaeth wrote:SVS, I always buddy with golden. He is my bestie, get over it. Why does the fact I ignored your comment bothering you? I didn't feel the need to address it.
What if Golden is bad?
What if you are bad?

Golden does not seem to have the same blind faith ( :p ) in you. Does that bother you?
blindfaeth wrote:Dom, I was not suspicious of you because I was taking my first suspicion and overlapping it with who was worried about my item. Which turned out to be them both IMO.
Why did you not react whatsoever to my distrust of you?
Why are you going after only these two?

Golden-- care to answer my question from before?
I don't understand the context of your first questions. I can't believe this gets brought up every game. Golden and I have friendship that transcends mafia. I will objectively listen to his input until I have reason not to trust him. We genuinely enjoy each other's company. Sorry but not sorry.

I've already answered your fourth question. I couldn't care less if you distrust me.

Linki.
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

Epignosis wrote:
Golden wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Golden wrote:@SVS

Would bf buddy up to me if he was civ? Yes. I know he gets confidence and energy from us seeing eye to eye. That part is absolute truth.
Would bf buddy up to me if he is bad? Yes. Bf is constantly aware that I am also the best at ratting out his baddie game, and I think he would be particularly aware of the fact I might be able to call him out.

The thing that makes me feel most comfortable about him? Our heads actually are in a very similar space, with eyes on the same people. This does give me some confidence.
That's a...thing to say on Day 1.
Golden wrote:Also, why put such a big target on your back so early if you are bad?
...because you won't get killed if your team controls the kill?
Golden wrote:The thing that makes me feel least comfortable about him? I don't like that I feel this drawn in to defending him so vehemently so early.
^You said that on your own accord.
Epi - 1) I recognise saying something like 'I was hoping it would be a rezz if you died' is kinda sus lol. Stupid, you might say. But you have to know the history bf and I have. We really are mafia best buds. It's not 'I hoped you had it regardless of your alignment', and I don't think it would reasonably be taken that way by people who know the relationship bf and I have well over the course of many games. We are always inclined to start a game from a position of trust.
Tell you a story. Takes place in the future.

In a few days, somebody is going to come around asking my opinion on a little lady named Elohcin. That's somebody who had the bad judgment to marry me once upon a time. That somebody will cite how good I am at reading her and how I've never been wrong or whatever. Even though I said I won't be offering a husbandly analysis of her henceforth, someone will ask. Here's the thing- I used what I was good at, and eventually Elohcin and I were bad together. That time came in the Game of Champions 2013. We lost like drowned rats (due to grave misfortune and no faults of our own), but we were able to exploit nearly a year of history to our advantage for quite a while.

And even though we used that as teammates, I still get asked to analyze her. Do you see where I'm going with this? Previous relationships in previous games mean little to me. Words now mean more.
Golden wrote:2) Are you trying to tell me bf isn't in the firing line for a lynch today? That's the target I was talking about. He knew he was risking having people come down hard on him... especially if he was on the money, when it would be guaranteed.
I'm trying to tell you he's Night fodder if he's good. When he said what he said, he said, "Kill me please." Terrible judgment on his part. :disappoint:
Golden wrote:3) I do defend bf of my own accord. But I also can see myself objectively enough to recognise that bf could rely on me doing so, and could use it as a tactic to take me down with him if he was bad.
Perhaps.
You're playing your hand too soon epig. Are you trying to set me up? I disagree that I am night fodder. Baddies love to have suspicious civvies around to lynch. Are you setting yourself up for a future post when I survive a few nights?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:
Golden wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

I wasn't suspicious of bf. I just called him foolish. Do you see what you did there?
If it's me you were suspicious of, I'm not sure why you were framing it all as being about bf. Clearly I was having a very different conversation to the one I thought I was having. But one thing I am not is disingenuous. I didn't turn anything around on you. I admit, you never expressly said you were suspicious of bf, as far as I can see from having a look back. I made an assumption. But I didn't just make it up out of thin air. You chose to lead me there and then turn it around on me.
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Boogs »

Im just saying hi and the kitty is still alive :) Things have been busy and it is sad I couldn't join this game because both Bullz and BF asked me to, but work is very stressful right now with me being our branch's team captain for March of Dimes and I don't have the time to put in to play with that and other events each week :/ But maybe soon when it slows down and I can give a game a whirl. Mrow!
Also an extra wave to my favorite host Epignosis :D
Meow you later peeps!
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

rabbit8 wrote:I will likely vote for one of BF or Golden so I don't have to read this buddy cop shit all game. Frankly, it's annoying.
Hey FS, you still have that photo of rabbit with a tiara? I'd like it please. #newavatar
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

blindfaeth wrote:
Dom wrote:
blindfaeth wrote:SVS, I always buddy with golden. He is my bestie, get over it. Why does the fact I ignored your comment bothering you? I didn't feel the need to address it.
What if Golden is bad?
What if you are bad?

Golden does not seem to have the same blind faith ( :p ) in you. Does that bother you?
blindfaeth wrote:Dom, I was not suspicious of you because I was taking my first suspicion and overlapping it with who was worried about my item. Which turned out to be them both IMO.

I don't understand the context of your first questions. I can't believe this gets brought up every game. Golden and I have friendship that transcends mafia. I will objectively listen to his input until I have reason not to trust him. We genuinely enjoy each other's company. Sorry but not sorry.

I've already answered your fourth question. I couldn't care less if you distrust me.

Linki.
You don't understand the context of the questions?
I'm asking why you place blind faith in Golden. Because you like each other is a losing strategy.
I like a lot of people playing but I don't place blind trust in them.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Boogs wrote:Im just saying hi and the kitty is still alive :) Things have been busy and it is sad I couldn't join this game because both Bullz and BF asked me to, but work is very stressful right now with me being our branch's team captain for March of Dimes and I don't have the time to put in to play with that and other events each week :/ But maybe soon when it slows down and I can give a game a whirl. Mrow!
Also an extra wave to my favorite host Epignosis :D
Meow you later peeps!
When I saw you online the other day my heart jumped for joy.
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

Epignosis wrote:
blindfaeth wrote:
Epignosis wrote:And you best sleep with one eye open.
LOL is that a threat?
A threat?

You know what an idiom is, right?

That would have better with :eye: at the end but looks like I too blew a great opportunity. :sigh:
Um, still you?
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 131

Post by thellama73 »

Hey everyone!
Since we have a little extra time today, let's have a fun game. The roles on the front page need pictures to go along with them. Please submit a picture of your role to me via PM by the end of Night 1. My favorite gets a prize. Please nothing too racist for the Celestials.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

Dom wrote:
blindfaeth wrote:
Dom wrote:
What if Golden is bad?
What if you are bad?

Linki.
I'm asking why you place blind faith in Golden. Because you like each other is a losing strategy.
I'm sorry, please point me to the post where I said i trust golden.

If golden is bad, it won't take me long to find out. ;)
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Golden wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

If it's me you were suspicious of, I'm not sure why you were framing it all as being about bf. Clearly I was having a very different conversation to the one I thought I was having. But one thing I am not is disingenuous. I didn't turn anything around on you. I admit, you never expressly said you were suspicious of bf, as far as I can see from having a look back. I made an assumption. But I didn't just make it up out of thin air. You chose to lead me there and then turn it around on me.
I said I have my ways.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Anybody here believe I once caught a bad guy because he or she lied about "linki?"
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Oh, and the pictures you submit will be posted publicly, so do try not to out yourselves.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

thellama73 wrote:Oh, and the pictures you submit will be posted publicly, so do try not to out yourselves.
Nobody knows what my penis looks like, right?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Oh, and the pictures you submit will be posted publicly, so do try not to out yourselves.
Elohcin is playing this game, remember.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

thellama73 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Elohcin is playing this game, remember.
So no. :sigh:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

thellama73 wrote:Hey everyone!
Since we have a little extra time today, let's have a fun game. The roles on the front page need pictures to go along with them. Please submit a picture of your role to me via PM by the end of Night 1. My favorite gets a prize. Please nothing too racist for the Celestials.
how about nothing racist at all???
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

blindfaeth wrote:
Dom wrote:
blindfaeth wrote:
Dom wrote:
What if Golden is bad?
What if you are bad?

Linki.

"I will objectively listen to his input until I have reason not to trust him. We genuinely enjoy each other's company. Sorry but not sorry."

"until I have reason not to trust him"

"trust him"

Yeah
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Dom wrote:
Whatever floats your boat, man.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Epignosis wrote:Anybody here believe I once caught a bad guy because he or she lied about "linki?"
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:Anybody here believe I once caught a bad guy because he or she lied about "linki?"
Sure...

You know what I'd like? I'd like you to actually tell me what you want me to defend against, instead of doing this vague thing. It's very frustrating having to respond to a case that shifts in front of your eyes.
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

Dom wrote:
blindfaeth wrote:
Dom wrote:
blindfaeth wrote:
Dom wrote:
What if Golden is bad?
What if you are bad?

Linki.

"I will objectively listen to his input until I have reason not to trust him. We genuinely enjoy each other's company. Sorry but not sorry."

"until I have reason not to trust him"

"trust him"

Yeah
Saying I don't not trust him doesn't mean that I do trust him. Just like if someone is not happy, doesn't mean they are sad.

So.

Yeah.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 179

Post by Black Rock »

Mongoose wrote:Boomslang and Bullzeye are indeed two distinct players, yet I still will confuse the issues sometimes...

... Just like sometimes players will mix me up with Hedgeowl (where the heck is she by the way?)
Way back when Turnip Head, Tyohoony, and Tranq. I had a hard time keeping their personalities straight. Turns out it didn't matter because I loved to suspect all three.
ImageImage
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Dom wrote:

Buzz kill.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:
Sure...

You know what I'd like? I'd like you to actually tell me what you want me to defend against, instead of doing this vague thing. It's very frustrating having to respond to a case that shifts in front of your eyes.
I didn't make a case on you. If you can make a case on Day 1, you have shitty Mafia.

But I think blindfaeth is a bullshitter. I asked him carefully about linki. I pay attention when people put that in their posts.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Which is it. Do you suspect me or do you suspect blindfaeth???

I am quite literally tearing my hair out with you!
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

Epignosis wrote:
Golden wrote:
Sure...

I didn't make a case on you. If you can make a case on Day 1, you have shitty Mafia.

But I think blindfaeth is a bullshitter. I asked him carefully about linki. I pay attention when people put that in their posts.
Epig, I was responding in thread in order of posts in the thread on my phone. I responded to you, then bullz posted and I had linki. So I said ok and started presenting the posts he requested, which were the posts where he wanted to start his discrediting agenda. I'm not sure what you are getting at.
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

Golden wrote:Which is it. Do you suspect me or do you suspect blindfaeth???

Lol he's worse than rabbit. I'd be down for an epig lynch personally. Or bullz.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

That's cute.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 267
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Dom, can you talk a little bit about why you chose the Promissory Note item on Day 0?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epi, I'm being serious here.

You are choosing to be obstructive, vague, obtuse, and many other words that all mean the same thing.

You make posts about bf that sound like you are suspicious of him, but then you say:
Epignosis wrote:You'll see me take risks as soon as I have something I believe in. Right now I have a useless item and not a lot I'm particular convinced about. I'm sure that will change soon enough. I'm pushing where I see things and seeing what comes back. My first was at bullz, my second at you. Bullz feels civ to me. I'm still not convinced about you. I think your responses have been inconsistent and I'm not convinced your suspicion of bf or me was genuine.
I wasn't suspicious of bf. I just called him foolish. Do you see what you did there?[/quote]

Whats this. You 'weren't' suspicious of bf... at the time he posted whatever... but now you are suspicious of bf? You made the above post after the linki thing, by the way.

All I want from you is that you are straight up. Don't tie me in knots.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Turnip Head wrote:Dom, can you talk a little bit about why you chose the Promissory Note item on Day 0?
It was something that caught my eye, had no votes, and note made me think Info.... I was wrong on that count.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

EBWOP - I stuffed up the quote thing. The bit actually quoted was me. The bit under it (and emphasis in bold) were epi.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:Epi, I'm being serious here.

You are choosing to be obstructive, vague, obtuse, and many other words that all mean the same thing.

You make posts about bf that sound like you are suspicious of him, but then you say:
Epignosis wrote:You'll see me take risks as soon as I have something I believe in. Right now I have a useless item and not a lot I'm particular convinced about. I'm sure that will change soon enough. I'm pushing where I see things and seeing what comes back. My first was at bullz, my second at you. Bullz feels civ to me. I'm still not convinced about you. I think your responses have been inconsistent and I'm not convinced your suspicion of bf or me was genuine.
Whats this. You 'weren't' suspicious of bf... at the time he posted whatever... but now you are suspicious of bf? You made the above post after the linki thing, by the way.

All I want from you is that you are straight up. Don't tie me in knots.[/quote]

I like new people.
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

blindfaeth wrote:

Lol he's worse than rabbit. I'd be down for an epig lynch personally. Or bullz.
Offensive much? I take great pride in my ability to be a pain in the ass, thanks you very much. :pout:

link: Just for fuck with Epi...... ;)
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

OK, whatever...

I was suspicious of you from the get go, but if you wanna play games, I'll just vote for you. I don't have time for people who aren't straight up. Either they are mafia, or they are no use to the civilian cause.

With a 72 hour day there is no need for me to rush. But it's gonna take a change in approach from you or someone else coming up with something compelling for me to look in a different direction.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

It's like being a classroom teacher:

You end up with students who haven't heard your jokes, so you can make them think you're really hilarious.

This game is already a lot like that. :feb:

Return to “Previous Jobs”