Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 148

Re: Death Note Mafia [END]

Post by Black Rock »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:And as I said before BR. I did not kill you. Bass did. :noble:

I see that. Tsk tsk. He's been on my list for awhile. :noble:
ImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 542

Post by Ricochet »

Sorry about making you look like a fool, MM. I had an intense round of PM with MP on that, because he wanted my reaction on it. At first I was derp, then realized the "gravity" of the summon. But eventually I reached a best case scenario when you (Team Light) had checked L, Mello and Near and wanted two consecutive nights to take care of Watari and L, plus have Rem sacrifice to kill Mello & Near. I don't know why I didn't comply at this point, a bit of frustration at never getting to use my abilities, I suppose, and hearing that Kami values me only for the suicide part. :P But then I figured I'm not really important in this equation, Rem is. MP confirmed Watari's consecutive Days would not be invalidated or cancelled, so you still needed Rem's kills not to get in trouble. Either my nights would have been first and you'd have manage just to kill L after which N/M would have roamed free throughout normal D/N cycles, either Watari's Days were first and then throughout my nights N/M would have have also searched for you. Bad news either way.

Then the plan did in fact get in motion with Watari dying and I concluded the ship had sailed for my contribution in any way.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 822

Post by DharmaHelper »

L/Light lynches woulda been much better.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Let's play it again that way!
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 96

Post by Spacedaisy »

Ricochet wrote:Sorry about making you look like a fool, MM. I had an intense round of PM with MP on that, because he wanted my reaction on it. At first I was derp, then realized the "gravity" of the summon. But eventually I reached a best case scenario when you (Team Light) had checked L, Mello and Near and wanted two consecutive nights to take care of Watari and L, plus have Rem sacrifice to kill Mello & Near. I don't know why I didn't comply at this point, a bit of frustration at never getting to use my abilities, I suppose, and hearing that Kami values me only for the suicide part. :P But then I figured I'm not really important in this equation, Rem is. MP confirmed Watari's consecutive Days would not be invalidated or cancelled, so you still needed Rem's kills not to get in trouble. Either my nights would have been first and you'd have manage just to kill L after which N/M would have roamed free throughout normal D/N cycles, either Watari's Days were first and then throughout my nights N/M would have have also searched for you. Bad news either way.

Then the plan did in fact get in motion with Watari dying and I concluded the ship had sailed for my contribution in any way.
On the contrary. I actually pulled for keeping you around as much as possible. That was kind of a move of desperation. We knew if we didn't we would have to pass the note and hope for the best. And the best came along anyway, so it all worked out. We also did not intend to kill watari like that but when we checked we had BR vs. boom. yotsuba or Watari. We decided to go watari and pass the note, hunker down for the double day cycle and go from there. boo knew I was in chat with L at the time and if the day ended he could pull Epi in and find out if I lied, or if Epi was lynched while L was alive I would be toast too. And we saw what looked like a power grab by DH and TH so we dropped the hint to boo and hoped he knew exactly what we had in mind. And he did. In fact, he did a better job than I could have ever even imagined. It was your secret votes that made me realize I had to drop that note like a hot potato TH. One wrong move and I would be accidentally lynched with the death note in my possession. Anyway, best case scenario for me was having you aroundto pass the note to at the end Rico. Unfortunately we got some wires crossed it seems. Sorry you didn't get to hold the death note. I was planning on giving it to you too.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 267
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Also interesting that every Kira made the Eye Deal, Kami included. I would have, too.
I would have made the Eye Deal ASAP, especially knowing you can win if you die.
I told them multiple times they should. They didn't take it until role secrets were revealed so we knew that we needed it.

That was an aspect of the game that I believe benefited the Sympathizers far more than the other players.
It was less about not being useful and more about it was Mata you guys were pushing to take the deal, and I couldn't let that happen. I didn't trust either of you pretty much from the start (when Daisy told me when I first came in that she didn't have an extra win condition, I was 99% sure she was starting our BTSC by lying, and then there was the be wary of those you trust message).
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Ricochet wrote:Sorry about making you look like a fool, MM. I had an intense round of PM with MP on that, because he wanted my reaction on it. At first I was derp, then realized the "gravity" of the summon. But eventually I reached a best case scenario when you (Team Light) had checked L, Mello and Near and wanted two consecutive nights to take care of Watari and L, plus have Rem sacrifice to kill Mello & Near. I don't know why I didn't comply at this point, a bit of frustration at never getting to use my abilities, I suppose, and hearing that Kami values me only for the suicide part. :P But then I figured I'm not really important in this equation, Rem is. MP confirmed Watari's consecutive Days would not be invalidated or cancelled, so you still needed Rem's kills not to get in trouble. Either my nights would have been first and you'd have manage just to kill L after which N/M would have roamed free throughout normal D/N cycles, either Watari's Days were first and then throughout my nights N/M would have have also searched for you. Bad news either way.

You would have suicided, Daisy would have used her extra kill, I would have used the two I had, Daisy would have killed 4 more people over the extra 2 nights, bam, 9 people dead. It would have been awesome.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 1001
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Spacedaisy wrote:It was your secret votes that made me realize I had to drop that note like a hot potato TH.
I really hadn't wanted to make that info public until I had a chance to utilize it, but MP forced us to reveal the rest of the role secrets at the end of the trivia game. I was hoping to reveal it at the end of a lynch and then snipe a Kira out of nowhere. Would have been a lot more fun that way, anyways :P
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Turnip Head wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:It was your secret votes that made me realize I had to drop that note like a hot potato TH.
I really hadn't wanted to make that info public until I had a chance to utilize it, but MP forced us to reveal the rest of the role secrets at the end of the trivia game. I was hoping to reveal it at the end of a lynch and then snipe a Kira out of nowhere. Would have been a lot more fun that way, anyways :P
Yeh.

TH and I solved all of the secret-secrets over a weekend with only 3 revealed letters and I guess MP didn't believe us, but he revealed the secrets we didn't want to (Sidoh's Rems, Mello/Near, Mogi, etc). Apparently he thought that whoever was going to solve the secrets wouldn't get them all so he built a mechanic to reveal them after a time, which he didn't tell us about :P

ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 719
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:
Hey TH, why did you vote for llama on Day 10? :p

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Hey TH, why did you vote for llama on Day 10? :p
Honestly I was just keeping up my pattern of voting early for dumb reasons :P It wasn't a power play at all, we didn't know he was L. I would have used my extra votes to save him that Day actually, but I was stuck at work when the massacre went down and I didn't get a chance to tell MP that I wanted to use my extra votes. I would have lynched Bass or myself in his place.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Spacedaisy wrote:

On the contrary. I actually pulled for keeping you around as much as possible. That was kind of a move of desperation. We knew if we didn't we would have to pass the note and hope for the best. And the best came along anyway, so it all worked out. We also did not intend to kill watari like that but when we checked we had BR vs. boom. yotsuba or Watari. We decided to go watari and pass the note, hunker down for the double day cycle and go from there. boo knew I was in chat with L at the time and if the day ended he could pull Epi in and find out if I lied, or if Epi was lynched while L was alive I would be toast too. And we saw what looked like a power grab by DH and TH so we dropped the hint to boo and hoped he knew exactly what we had in mind. And he did. In fact, he did a better job than I could have ever even imagined. It was your secret votes that made me realize I had to drop that note like a hot potato TH. One wrong move and I would be accidentally lynched with the death note in my possession. Anyway, best case scenario for me was having you aroundto pass the note to at the end Rico. Unfortunately we got some wires crossed it seems. Sorry you didn't get to hold the death note. I was planning on giving it to you too.
That wasn't even picking up the hint from you guys.

I just came in and Bass was actually in our BTSC and around before the lynch was ending, llama (I was pretty sure he was L at this point) had votes, I was able to put myself in a position to take votes by turning around and voting llama instead of Epi. So I was able to get Bass to do what I wanted (take the eye deal, although he seemed pretty certain he was going to do it from the start of our BTSC), we both put our secret votes on llama, and I just killed the two of them right before the lynch ended and hoped I was right about llama.

I had considered giving you guys the signal to work towards getting him killed when he and I first got BTSC, and I really only helped him because I figured the longer the notes were in his hands, the better for you. And the other Yotsuba worked against us the whole game, so I didn't really want to help them win. When he killed Rico I was a little annoyed I hadn't given him more about who to target, but not knowing Ace and LC were both Yotsuba made me figure I should just give him all the possible Yotsuba's left and hope he wouldn't kill any of you that were killable.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

That sounds more complicated that I could have imagined, Kami. Glad it worked out.

boo, that sounds like the Leroy Jenkins version of a best case scenario
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Ricochet wrote:That sounds more complicated that I could have imagined, Kami. Glad it worked out.

boo, that sounds like the Leroy Jenkins version of a best case scenario
I mean, 4 people was good, but 9 people would have been better.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Hey TH, why did you vote for llama on Day 10? :p
Honestly I was just keeping up my pattern of voting early for dumb reasons :P It wasn't a power play at all, we didn't know he was L. I would have used my extra votes to save him that Day actually, but I was stuck at work when the massacre went down and I didn't get a chance to tell MP that I wanted to use my extra votes. I would have lynched Bass or myself in his place.
Wow, that's crazy, especially considering the insight boo just gave that he used his extra votes to kill llama. I was convinced it was you though TH. You had the secret votes, and my reasoning was a pretty sound plan for you guys, or so I thought.

Linki: Yeah, the place would have gone nuts. "burnin' down the house".

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Extra votes? Plural? How did one player get more than one?

I'm home, praise the Kami.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I had 12 extra votes because DH and I are decoding gods. 8+ hours well spent.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:Extra votes? Plural? How did one player get more than one?

I'm home, praise the Kami.
TH got an extra vote for each role secret 'secret' he uncovered using four or fewer letters. So he could have gotten a maximum of 12.

Linki: Yeah, insane.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Turnip Head wrote:I had 12 extra votes because DH and I are decoding gods. 8+ hours well spent.
No.

nonononononononono

NO

NO/NO
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Yeah man if I had voted for Daisy the detectives could have won. I wanted to save some votes for the following day because I thought even if I sniped Light we would still need to take out Mikami next, but you were already dead, so yeah. I could have won the game for the detectives if I had figured things out. *slinks away into the shadows* :ninja:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Turnip Head wrote:Yeah man if I had voted for Daisy the detectives could have won. I wanted to save some votes for the following day because I thought even if I sniped Light we would still need to take out Mikami next, but you were already dead, so yeah. I could have won the game for the detectives if I had figured things out. *slinks away into the shadows* :ninja:
Yes

yesyesyesyes

YES/YES
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

So I think I also want to inquire, MP and/or Team Light, what were the mechanics of using the DN and timing a kill with it (I ask this since I was the only DN eligible never to even be made familiair with this) and, to the best of knowledge, what kills were executed, which failed early on and who dunnit it, up until Bass started killing of course.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Mechanics of the DN:

Your kills work typically (you send in the name of the player you want to kill) and you may elect to kill nightly.

With that said, there are added dimensions to your killing which you are free to use to your advantage. You may control the time of death, as well as conditions triggering death, for each of your victims. However, the soonest that your kill can occur is typical (that night). The latest it can occur is as long as you wish. So, for example, there are three broad routes you can take with your kill:

1) Standard - Player dies at end of night - ex) It's Night 3. You say "I want to kill MP" and the N3 post says "MP has been killed by Kira", assuming your kill is successful.
2) Delayed time - Player dies at different time specified by you - ex) It's Night 3. You say "I want to kill MP" and add that you want him to die at the end of D5. Then the N3 post will say "No one has been killed" and instead I will create a post at the end of D5 with "MP has been killed by Kira"
3) Conditional - Player dies at specified trigger event - ex) It's Night 3. You say "I want to kill MP" and add that you want him to die when he votes for Dom. Then the N3 post will say "No one has been killed" and instead whenever MP votes for DoM I will kill him instantaneously and say "MP has been killed by Kira"

Now, a caveat regarding the options 2 and 3. Obviously, RL takes precedent, and although I do have a very flexible schedule I do keep pretty busy. So, you may ask me ahead of time if you are considering an option (though this is impossible to predict for option 3, and applies to option 2), and I can give you an idea if I may be available at that time. Regardless, these options may receive a delayed post, but I promise I will make them as absolutely instantaneous and timely as I can.

You should note that just because you may be killing using option 2 or 3 instead of 1, if your kill was going to fail due to whatever reason, it still will fail, even if the reason for it failing was N3 and your kill is taking place later.

In addition, in my host post killing your target, you may "control the victim's actions before death", so you may request a certain content to the host post. I am willing to work with and negotiate with you on this matter if you are willing to take advantage of it, but you do not have to.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Thank you for elucidating that MP

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Failed kills:
- Mata tried to kill FZ. on Night 3 (normal timing) -- failed because FZ. is Near, role is unknown, and L is currently alive
- Spacedaisy tried to kill boo on Night 3 (normal timing) -- failed because boo is Rem
- Spacedaisy tried to kill DH on Night 8 (normal timing) -- failed because DH is Mello and L is currently alive
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DharmaHelper wrote:Thank you for elucidating that MP
You're welcome. :P

Digging the new avatar. :noble:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Wait you weren't made aware at all?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ricochet wrote:
Wait you weren't made aware at all?
He couldn't kill until L was dead, so I didn't send him that PM since that didn't occur.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I had hoped that my "deductions" would make it look like I was L.

Linki: I never got to use my death note so I was not told any of that :P

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

DharmaHelper wrote:I had hoped that my "deductions" would make it look like I was L.

To be honest, it never made you look like anything to me, except the player who's kicking my ass at deductions. You and TH.

I mean, no wonder you two were fit for BTSC!

:P
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

It's interesting to note that Llama almost received the most votes on Day 2, which could have altered the game significantly.

Here is the post I had ready in case he did get "lynched":

-------------------------------------------------------------

Day 2: Boomslang's Plan B

THELLAMA73: Seriously?!? Why can't anyone understand that I'm doing my best to catch Kira?!! Anyone with a brain can see that. Look at Snowman! He's done NOTHING!

Snowman quietly chuckles as Sockface begins writing down thellama73's name in the Lynch Note.

Meanwhile, Boomslang had slipped away from the crowd, with a clear agenda in mind. He had taken his sniper rifle and waited for the perfect moment...

BANG!

SOCKFACE: Ouch!!!!!!

Sockface shook his right hand in pain. Players gasped. Many of them turned around to see... nothing.

Boomslang had rushed steathily right next to Sockface, catching his pen right before it hit the ground. He held his rifle to Sockface's head.

BOOMSLANG: Hand me the Lynch Note. Now.

The players, frozen, watched in awe. Sockface grinned, handing over the note. Boomslang started writing down a name in the notebook. None of the players could say a word, as they were too fearful and shocked.

Boomslang handed the notebook back to Sockface.

BOOMSLANG: It is done.

Forty seconds later, Boomslang collapsed, dying of a heart attack.

Boomslang has been lynched. He was Watari.

It is now Day 3.

You have 48 hours to catch and find Kira (again).

-------------------------------------------------------------

But then BWT received momentum out of nowhere and I had to come up with a new post... and I never got to use this one.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MP, if I had gotten my DN, and used it to say "DH, who is Mello, will die 48 hours after a successful Spacedaisy lynch." Would that have protected me from any other DN?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DharmaHelper wrote:MP, if I had gotten my DN, and used it to say "DH, who is Mello, will die 48 hours after a successful Spacedaisy lynch." Would that have protected me from any other DN?
That's an awesome idea, but unfortunately it wouldn't have worked. Like in the anime, if the same person is killed by two different people, the death which occurs sooner would override the one that otherwise would occur later.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Ricochet wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:I had hoped that my "deductions" would make it look like I was L.

To be honest, it never made you look like anything to me, except the player who's kicking my ass at deductions. You and TH.

I mean, no wonder you two were fit for BTSC!

:P
I can't wait to host my Baker Street game. I plan on making it very deduction-friendly.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:MP, if I had gotten my DN, and used it to say "DH, who is Mello, will die 48 hours after a successful Spacedaisy lynch." Would that have protected me from any other DN?
That's an awesome idea, but unfortunately it wouldn't have worked. Like in the anime, if the same person is killed by two different people, the death which occurs sooner would override the one that otherwise would occur later.
I would have had so much fun with a DN.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

"Matahari will die exactly 1 hour after mentioning a teammate."

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I would absolutely love to run this game again, especially using the L/Light lynch vote mechanic, but of course it wouldn't be the same since all of the secrets are revealed.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I would absolutely love to run this game again, especially using the L/Light lynch vote mechanic, but of course it wouldn't be the same since all of the secrets are revealed.
Just run a LMS free BTSC game and randomly give out a Death Note.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I figured your tilded secrets, DH, include the same basic operating rule for a DN, but I couldn't crack the first sentence (which was similar to Near's) without any letters. But I doubt MP would have allowed your role to be revealed, even if I would have got it right.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DharmaHelper wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I would absolutely love to run this game again, especially using the L/Light lynch vote mechanic, but of course it wouldn't be the same since all of the secrets are revealed.
Just run a LMS free BTSC game and randomly give out a Death Note.
That's definitely a thought, and something similar to a game setup I considered WAY in the early stages of planning this game.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Ricochet wrote:I figured your tilded secrets, DH, include the same basic operating rule for a DN, but I couldn't crack the first sentence (which was similar to Near's) without any letters. But I doubt MP would have allowed your role to be revealed, even if I would have got it right.
I considered fucking with you guys and taking "guesses" at the secret-secrets in thread.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ricochet wrote:I figured your tilded secrets, DH, include the same basic operating rule for a DN, but I couldn't crack the first sentence (which was similar to Near's) without any letters. But I doubt MP would have allowed your role to be revealed, even if I would have got it right.
Indeed. :feb:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

"Spacedaisy will die of asphyxiation 23 minutes after telling a lie."

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Oh right, also: nine Mogi checks? Nine?? And did he assign anybody else post-mortem?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Ricochet wrote:Oh right, also: nine Mogi checks? Nine?? And did he assign anybody else post-mortem?
The reason we wanted to keep Mogi's role a secret was to avoid outting the successor. We looked over who it might be privately, I think we thought it was SD at one point.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Oh right, also: nine Mogi checks? Nine?? And did he assign anybody else post-mortem?
The reason we wanted to keep Mogi's role a secret was to avoid outting the successor. We looked over who it might be privately, I think we thought it was SD at one point.
I kept track of players activity and nobody stuck out as having went silent 48 hours.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

"If Bass casts his vote for a Detective, he will die 24 hours later."

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Oh, yes, Mogi checks! Let me reveal those. I knew there were still things we hadn't discussed/revealed.

1) thellama73 - correct - L
2) Turnip Head - correct - Sidoh
3) S~V~S - redirected - Hirokazu Ukita
4) Epignosis - correct - Suguru Shimura
5) zeek - redirected - Reiji Namikawa
6) Ricochet - redirected - Soichiro Yagami
7) Metalmarsh89 - correct - Ryuk
8) Made - correct - Masahiko Kida
9) Matahari - correct - Misa Amane (Second Kira)

Note he never checked FZ. :feb:

Also, he chose juliets as his successor, but she never went 48 hours without posting, and therefore did not receive a role check.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Classic Juliets.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”