The Host (Host/Mod/Dead/NP)
58%

Total votes: 12
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 294

Re: Harry Stephen Keeler [DAY 1]

Post by rabbit8 »

Is anyone planning to self vote this game? That would be awesome.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 179

Post by Black Rock »

Golden wrote:Which is it. Do you suspect me or do you suspect blindfaeth???

I am quite literally tearing my hair out with you!

That's Epig for you, you'll get used to it.

TH your avatar makes me think every post you make you are eyeing someone.
Turnip Head wrote:Dom, can you talk a little bit about why you chose the Promissory Note item on Day 0?
For instance are you suspecting Dom or just asking a question? I can't tell you're eyeing the thread. Makes me suspect you for eyeing everyone. :p (that was a joke)
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 260

Post by Golden »

Black Rock wrote:That's Epig for you, you'll get used to it.
Nup. Epi says bf and my friendship can be used against everyone. He is completely right. Same with 'thats just epi'. If he wants to come at me, he's got to do better than that.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 267
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I'm not surprised that Golden finds Epi suspicious lol. You have to play with Epi a couple times to understand his brand of mafia. I don't think I see anything out of the ordinary with him yet.
Black Rock wrote:TH your avatar makes me think every post you make you are eyeing someone.
I'm glad my avatar is doing its job then :D
Black Rock wrote:For instance are you suspecting Dom or just asking a question? I can't tell you're eyeing the thread. Makes me suspect you for eyeing everyone. :p (that was a joke)
Just asking him a question. I thought it was an interesting choice based on the roles, and he didn't explain it when he voted, so I wanted clarification.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

You know how MP was feeling about MM's self-voting being anti-civilian, and it got him real mad?

That's exactly how I feel about the kind of thing epi is pulling right now. I'd lynch him day one every time until it stopped. It's utterly anti-civilian behaviour. I don't know why anyone would put up with it, honestly..

linki - TH, sorry its not a 'brand', its just a cop out.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Mongoose wrote:I have no idea how to read all these new (and "new") people. I'll just assume you are all good. Seems legit.
This post irked me a little. Why give new people the benefit of the doubt, Mongoose? It's the only time you'll be able to make a truly fresh read on a player and let your mafia instincts kick in. And if you really are just assuming they're all good, why even say anything? I'm having trouble understanding your motives behind making this post.
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Golden wrote:You know how MP was feeling about MM's self-voting being anti-civilian, and it got him real mad?

That's exactly how I feel about the kind of thing epi is pulling right now. I'd lynch him day one every time until it stopped. It's utterly anti-civilian behaviour. I don't know why anyone would put up with it, honestly..

linki - TH, sorry its not a 'brand', its just a cop out.

You don't get to decide what is civilian behavior and dictate it to others. What you think is anti civilian, others don't. Deal with it. I hate this argument I always have and you always make it. You can get it in our head what you think it should be. Please don't shame others into seeing things how you do.

If 1+1 always equaled 2 in mafia this game would be boring. Do please try to get over yourself. :P
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 222

Post by Dom »

Does no one else have thoughts on MP's posts?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 179

Post by Black Rock »

Dom wrote:Does no one else have thoughts on MP's posts?

Well you know my thoughts. I'm waiting for a MP reaction.
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Well, that post wasn't ironic at all, rabbit! :pout:

I don't get to dictate to others how they play, but I can say I think it's anti-civilian and I can vote for them. And if I want to be the borg and make people assimilate, I'll damn well try. You have exactly the same rights when it comes to me, ok?

I think this game is real basic. If you want people to know you are civilian, you gotta adapt to how they take it in. I got some getting used to epi to do, but he also has some getting used to me to do.

I think it's a cop out, and I want him to shoot straight. If he doesn't, I see myself voting for him. Ok?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Re: MP I thought BR made a good observation, but I don't really have anything to add until we hear MP's response.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote:Well, that post wasn't ironic at all, rabbit! :pout:

I don't get to dictate to others how they play, but I can say I think it's anti-civilian and I can vote for them. And if I want to be the borg and make people assimilate, I'll damn well try. You have exactly the same rights when it comes to me, ok?

I think this game is real basic. If you want people to know you are civilian, you gotta adapt to how they take it in. I got some getting used to epi to do, but he also has some getting used to me to do.

I think it's a cop out, and I want him to shoot straight. If he doesn't, I see myself voting for him. Ok?
That's the thing though. When Epi is a civilian, I don't think he cares about making people know he's a civilian. That's not his goal.
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Golden wrote:Well, that post wasn't ironic at all, rabbit! :pout:

I didn't find it ironic in the least. :shrug2:

Make assumptions if you must. Just don't think others will placate your feelings because you feel them. Why you think everyone has to prove to be civvie is absurd. The mafia are trying to prove they are civvies. The game is that simple. No matter what is done you can't prove you're a civvie in the thread without outing yourself. Is that what you want us to do?

I don't adapt because someone does not like how I play. I don't think Epi seems like the type to either. :shrug2:

You want people to shoot straight, some people don't like to be NKed, that's simple. I would think after getting NKed and lynched early so many times in the past you would have reasoned this on your own. Apparently not.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 234
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Hey, talkative thread, I am caught up. MY eye is definitely on blindfaeth right now. I'm getting the vibe that he is buddying up to Golden this time ("but it's something we always do!") as a tactical maneuver. I also think that he (possibly he and teammates) concocted this Will thing in order to take hold of things a little, either now or whenever BF decides to get around making a "case" on someone, except this case will be supported by the unspoken assumption that it's more solidly based on this "Will info".

I've voted for Vompatti before due to auto-teaming with Lizzy, because I do not like what the auto-team does in most cases: it gives baddies an advantage. Right now I'm firmly eyeing BF for my vote. :eye:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 74
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: Harry Stephen Keeler [DAY 0]

Post by Tangrowth »

Sorry for not being around, guys. I've been really busy between a chaotic and terrible midterm today, wrapping up Death Note, and also Smashfest. This game and Roger Rabbit just didn't get any time. But I'm here now. Just don't expect a lot from me for a little while; I'm juggling a lot and sort of burnt out at the moment from hosting Death Note (it was a lot of fun, but super intense).

Turns out my clock just "tells the time", so it's pretty much useless.

I have the following thoughts:
- Bullzeye's behavior is characteristic, not telling of alignment.
- Same for Golden.
- Same for Epi.
- Same for BF, from what I can tell, though I'm not as convinced as the previous.

Dom, I'm not mad at you or anyone else, don't worry, that'd be silly of me. I understand BR's observation, and I understand why she wants me to respond. My response is forthcoming:

Black Rock wrote:I can see now what I saw on Day 0 was not the same as BF. What I saw was this:

MovingPictures07 wrote:Hey folks! Just popping in, haven't read anything yet, and very likely won't have the chance until tomorrow evening after my microeconomic theory seminar midterm, between studying for that and dealing with Death Note.

Yay game! See you soon!
Not at all suspicious.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Thanks, you too, Zomba!

Guess I better pick an item while I'm here. I would have picked the stock certificate, but it seems my fellow accountant beat me to that option. I'll go with the clock.

Now will be back tomorrow to read posts and such!
Until this. For someone who hasn't read anything yet looks like he knew to comeback, pick an item, and be the first to vote on that item. Did his BTSC let him know?

That's what I saw on Day 0.
I didn't read anything, even the rules. I sat in the thread for a few minutes before closing out the tab because I was multitasking, saw there was a Day 0 poll, and realized between my midterm and my other activities, I might not make it back in time to vote. Therefore, I looked at the poll question and the options, noticed that many options had 1 person (I think one or two had 2), and saw one of the options was "Nothing", so I voted, because I didn't want to come back later and either miss the vote or get the "nothing" just because I didn't have more than a few minutes.

blindfaeth wrote:
Black Rock wrote:I can see now what I saw on Day 0 was not the same as BF. What I saw was this:

MovingPictures07 wrote:Hey folks! Just popping in, haven't read anything yet, and very likely won't have the chance until tomorrow evening after my microeconomic theory seminar midterm, between studying for that and dealing with Death Note.

Yay game! See you soon!
Not at all suspicious.

Guess I better pick an item while I'm here. I would have picked the stock certificate, but it seems my fellow accountant beat me to that option. I'll go with the clock.

Until this. For someone who hasn't read anything yet looks like he knew to comeback, pick an item, and be the first to vote on that item. Did his BTSC let him know?

FWIW I think this was a great post, Br.
Why? How is this post "great"?
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 234
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

It's great if he's a baddie who wants the focus on someone else... or if you are the name on the will. :haha: :fist:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I can understand people wanting an answer to BR's observation, but I don't understand how her post was "great". It's not like she issued suspicion of me (unless I misunderstood), she wanted to hear what I had to say about it.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

BR clearly said that she thought you received info about the rules from BTSC in between your two posts, MP.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Turnip Head wrote:BR clearly said that she thought you received info about the rules from BTSC in between your two posts, MP.
Seemed to me she was asking a question. If she suspects me for it, then she's free to do that. :shrug: But it's a pretty silly reason.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 16
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Ya'll are chatty. I had today off so I only had to work 5 hours today.....

So, I Think that BR's points about MP are a pretty impressive catch for Day 1. I look forward to hearing what MP has to say in response.

Golden and Epi are reading to me like they are talking in circles but I can't figure out the basic points either of them are making. It's like the picking of nits all over again. This isn't really that shocking to me though. Epi's style is similar to wabbits so I can understand the butting of heads.

SVS raises a good point about BF seeming to buddy up to Golden. She even went to the trouble of pulling quotes so you know she means business. I can see where she's coming from too. I'm not sure it's suspicious yet, but BF - man -there are others playing!! Mafia besties are the best for sure! What do you think of everyone else?

FTR - I don't think TH is suspicious for mixing up bullz and boom. I've done it. I've also messed up tranq and typh and goosey and hedgey. last time I goofed up tranq/typh was during recruitment btw. that was fun with both of them in bts. :eyeroll: I also think that TH's post to goosey is interesting.

Dom seems to be reading pretty logical to me. I found my head nodding in agreement while I was reading along.

aaannnd....while that was all being typed - here's MP. Lol.

Also - BR - You know how you said TH's avi looks like he's eyeing everyone? LC's icon always makes me think he's facepalming everything I say. :sigh:
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

How is it an impressive catch? I just explained what I did. Why would anyone think I would be as careless as a baddie to tip my hand like that?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I really can't deal with a nonsensical suspicion of me in a game yet again, so if this reasoning actually gets momentum, I would love to bow out and just get lynched Day 1 so that I don't have to worry about it.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

For what it's worth MP your explanation sounded believable to me.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Noted, TH. I'm sorry, I'm not trying to seem defensive, it's possible I misunderstood BR. I thought she was asking a question, but if she was actually suspecting me for my behavior, she can elaborate. I just didn't really see much momentum of an actual suspicion forming my way, and I didn't see anything wrong with the observation and wanting a response from me on it; it seemed completely reasonable. People can find me suspicious for it, if they want, but I will be honest, I'm feeling burnt out, so if people actually want to lynch me over it, then I lose my temperament on the matter, start believing it's far from reasonable, and there's not much I can do.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

At the moment, I have no substantial thoughts on any players, but I would like a response to my question to BF as well as bea, because even though there were a few others (IIRC) that echoed BR's observation, they seemed genuine. I'm not sure whether BF or bea were being genuine, but I feel their diction is worth questioning.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Honestly, I don't really get the sus of MP at all.

@rabbit - I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm just playing my game. I know you don't like being on the end of what you would call my self-righteous approach. And I do care. It would be easier if I didn't, but I do. I like everyone, and I don't want to hurt feelings or make people think I feel superior to them. Quite the opposite actually - I recognise that guys like you and Epi are a heck of a lot better than me at winning. But I gotta play my game.

People have all sorts of opinions in this game... the inevitable low poster discussion (people should come out and play), the info dumping discussion (it wrecks the game)... people also sometimes have the 'content' discussion (it's not volume, it's how much you contribute).

I'm having discussion number three. I don't think epi is contributing. Also, to me, epi seems like the kind of guy who can take what I'm dishing out. If Epi wants me to think he is contributing, he can be clear about whether or not he is considering each of me and bf for a vote. If he doesn't want to do it, I won't see him as contributing.

And he himself has essentially given me permission to take the line that 'thats just epi' isn't good enough. Wasn't his cautionary tale about him and elo a pretty good signal that he wouldn't buy that argument himself?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Like, the more I think on it... I agree with MP. BR's thing was just... little. It wasn't overly convincing. It was something worth pointing out, if you see it. Certainly not as convincing as some people are making it out to be.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

MovingPictures07 wrote:How is it an impressive catch? I just explained what I did. Why would anyone think I would be as careless as a baddie to tip my hand like that?
It is impressive as in it's a small thing that's easily over looked and could be bigger later. Not a whole lot to go on on Day 1's to be sure of anyway. It was a breadcrumb that could be a breadcrumb or the one of many depending on what develops from here on out. My mind is far from made up on you Socky. I mentioned nothing about voting - you feel defensive toward me for no reason - when you said just above that you saw why people would agree with it.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

MovingPictures07 wrote:At the moment, I have no substantial thoughts on any players, but I would like a response to my question to BF as well as bea, because even though there were a few others (IIRC) that echoed BR's observation, they seemed genuine. I'm not sure whether BF or bea were being genuine, but I feel their diction is worth questioning.
I'm not sure how my diction feels off to you? Like I said - I didn't say a word about voting you so I'm not sure why you are jumping down my throat when you started your post telling dom you could see why people were looking your way and waiting to see your reaction. Which, by the way, sounds just as plausable as BR's theory. Like I said in my last post - it's a wait and see thing for me.
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Golden wrote:Honestly, I don't really get the sus of MP at all.

@rabbit - I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm just playing my game. I know you don't like being on the end of what you would call my self-righteous approach. And I do care. It would be easier if I didn't, but I do. I like everyone, and I don't want to hurt feelings or make people think I feel superior to them. Quite the opposite actually - I recognise that guys like you and Epi are a heck of a lot better than me at winning. But I gotta play my game.

People have all sorts of opinions in this game... the inevitable low poster discussion (people should come out and play), the info dumping discussion (it wrecks the game)... people also sometimes have the 'content' discussion (it's not volume, it's how much you contribute).

I'm having discussion number three. I don't think epi is contributing. Also, to me, epi seems like the kind of guy who can take what I'm dishing out. If Epi wants me to think he is contributing, he can be clear about whether or not he is considering each of me and bf for a vote. If he doesn't want to do it, I won't see him as contributing.

And he himself has essentially given me permission to take the line that 'thats just epi' isn't good enough. Wasn't his cautionary tale about him and elo a pretty good signal that he wouldn't buy that argument himself?

Oh Golden, you're a real fun time.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Voting rabbit

Why not. Guess I'm doing him a favour. Game ain't fun for anyone when I'm playing anyway. Especially not for him.

Very much doubt I'll be leading a lynch on epi anyway. Apparently 'thats just epi'. And it's not as though a day one vote

Consider this vote a surrender. Apparently rabbit doesn't want me to tell others how to play the game, but he wants to tell me. He wants to tell me not to use Roger Rabbit. He wants to tell me not to pursue epi into the ground. Whatever.

Honestly... lead a lynch on me for all I care. I'd sooner not play with rabbit. It was like this at RM, I thought it might have changed. But nah, it hasn't - can't be assed.

I don't find being constantly hounded by the same person from game to game fun - not for whether or not he thinks I'm right, but just for being me.

I can't see this game through anyway, so I guess if both rabbit and I are still here in a couple of days I'll just ask to be replaced.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

I get sad when stuff like this happens because I enjoy playing with both Golden and Wabbit. :sigh: I am so very happy to have them both back. I don't want to loose one of you over the other. You both know you're never going to see eye to eye on this stuff. :sigh:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I can't help it bea. I know we won't see eye to eye and I'm ok with that. But I don't feel like rabbit is ok with that. I'm not gonna be anyone's killjoy.
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Why would I lead a lynch on you? I don't think you're bad. I always have fun when I play. Thus the reason I play. If it was not fun I would not play.....Hound you? Because we disagree I'm hounding you? OK.

Where do you come up with this stuff?
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

rabbit8 wrote:
Golden wrote:Honestly, I don't really get the sus of MP at all.

Oh Golden, you're a real fun time.

I think you may have misinterpreted this. I was not being sarcastic. I know, shocking. Don't let words hurt your feelings, Dude. We are never going to agree on how to play this game. But to not play because you don't like my opinions is weird man. I will never not respond to any player who is telling someone they are not being very civvie. Don't for one second think you're some special case for me. I much prefer to give LC shit.

As for Roger Rabbit. I don't like using other games to justify things, especially when the game is not over. I may have responded directly to you but it was not an attack on you. Stop taking shit so personally. It's just a game.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 452

Post by S~V~S »

Wow. Staying up late is apparently so much more awesome if you like reading posts than getting up early.

Gonna catch up with coffee.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

It is just a game, and I don't usually take things personally...

But rabbit, sometimes things move beyond a joke to being a pattern. In this game, you've told me I'm rude, up myself, trying to shame others, stupid... I've tried to get you to agree we arae just playing our own games and that's ok, but you wouldn't. After that, you expect me to take 'you're a fun time' to be serious not sarky? And that's just this game...

I do enjoy playing with you. I think you are fun. But I can't take that stuff, not from you at least. Because here is the truth, from my heart of hearts - I believe you mean those words. I believe that is who you see me to be. And it hurts. Because I see you as a friend.

That's all. Enough mush. Lets get back to playing this game hard.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

And I'm sorta sorry I voted for you, but I think I needed to.

Lets just move on, eh?
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Golden wrote:And I'm sorta sorry I voted for you, but I think I needed to.

Lets just move on, eh?

You know me, I'm all for water under the bridge. But I have to say, voting that early like that is not very civvie like.......
.................................................. :haha:

I couldn't resist. :feb:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

blindfaeth wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I am not voting for you now, BF, and am not sure that I even will. It's early, and it's Day One. We are talking about what has caught our eye, and this is what has caught mine.
Ok. You are wrong, all I can offer is what I've already said. I didn't feel any sort of compelling reason to respond. There was no specific question directed toward me. I had nothing to add.
Thank you for this, your earlier reply addressing this sounded kind of petulant, like you were sticking your lip out in a cute little pout. This sounds more sincere.

But I think you are misconstruing my suspicion. I suspected you before you did not respond to my point. My original remark was directed to my suspicion of you. Not addressing it, especially after Golden did so literally one minute before you posted, intensified it. But ignoring my point was not the main focus of my suspicion. I know you and Golden are friends. Lots of people are friends, or even partners. When you played in games with Boogs in the past, you did not address every post to Boogs, and pretty much ignore everyone else. When I play with Bea, or Kate, I don't address every post to one of them, and ignore everyone else. You seemed to have this hyperfocus on Golden, like you were trying to draw him in.

You seemed to be cultivating Golden a bit. His opinion of it is something I am considering, but that is a whole other can of worms after last night. It almost feels like he is being pushed into defending you.

Of the initial Batman/Robin feel i had re BF/Golden, if I had to pick one of you to be more likely to be bad, it was you (obvs) not Golden. You reached out to him, after all. Yet there is a hard push to shift it onto Golden. That is making me very, very wary. I have to reread last nights posts again more carefully when I have more time. But my initial feel for that is that Rabbit is just fucking around more than anything.

Rabbit, you have an opinion on BF? If you posted it, I missed it.

Epi, though, feels more serious to me. And Epi was the person who started the whole "game in play" re Roger Rabbit by "confirming" that BF also started that game out with an address to Golden. I don't recall anyone asking about that before he "confirmed" it. If it did happen it is possible that I missed it. I thought it was an odd thing for a host of an ongoing game to say, especially when one of the two people involved, is still alive.

But again, this is quick read, and experience tells me that a quick read of Golden, Epi or Rabbit is a mistake, and this is all three ha ha. But i already spent too much time on Mafia this AM. Suffolk County Transit waits for no man (or woman).

Not seeing the TH or Bullz suspicions. MPs pompous lite "How ridiculous" reaction to suspicion is pretty par for the course for him, good or bad. I think BR made an interesting point, but I would need to see more from him. As Day Zero mistakes go, it is somewhat more suspicious than TH not knowing he had to be the only voter mainly due to the leaving & coming back factor re MP.

So no hard & fast opinions from me re last nights festivities yet, I need a deeper read first.

And I hope the three of you give each other a chance; you are all fun in different ways, but also very high intensity, awesome Mafia players. Letting stylistic differences put you at odds would be unfortunate.
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

I'm waiting to see what BF does with this information he has. I don't having this said info makes him good or bad. I think the calling players out and saying I as expecting that kind of reply is a little odd. It just comes across wrong. The using the reply to point to guilt. I don't know...........

I want to look more into the votes for items. I need to reread the roles and see if there is anything in there that could make what someone voted for have any meaning. I think some brought up this point about some votes for items. I can't remember off the top of my head who, but I had the exact same feeling. Maybe I'm biased though since I got, NOTHING! :pout:
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 222

Post by Dom »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Dom, I'm not mad at you or anyone else, don't worry, that'd be silly of me. I understand BR's observation, and I understand why she wants me to respond. My response is forthcoming:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I really can't deal with a nonsensical suspicion of me in a game yet again, so if this reasoning actually gets momentum, I would love to bow out and just get lynched Day 1 so that I don't have to worry about it.

MP, please reconcile these posts. You 180'd on your thoughts on BR's find with little reason other than it's inconvenient to do otherwise. If you can offer more of an explanation for that, it'd be great.

Just because you don't like that it's being brought up doesn't mean it is nonsensical. It actually makes sense, and for you to say otherwise forces me to read you as dismissive and unwilling to deal with truths.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 103

Post by blindfaeth »

Long Con wrote:Hey, talkative thread, I am caught up. MY eye is definitely on blindfaeth right now. I'm getting the vibe that he is buddying up to Golden this time ("but it's something we always do!") as a tactical maneuver. I also think that he (possibly he and teammates) concocted this Will thing in order to take hold of things a little, either now or whenever BF decides to get around making a "case" on someone, except this case will be supported by the unspoken assumption that it's more solidly based on this "Will info".

I've voted for Vompatti before due to auto-teaming with Lizzy, because I do not like what the auto-team does in most cases: it gives baddies an advantage. Right now I'm firmly eyeing BF for my vote. :eye:
:eye: away, nothing to hide
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

MovingPictures07 wrote:

Yay game! See you soon!
Not at all suspicious.

I didn't read anything, even the rules. I sat in the thread for a few minutes before closing out the tab because I was multitasking, saw there was a Day 0 poll, and realized between my midterm and my other activities, I might not make it back in time to vote. Therefore, I looked at the poll question and the options, noticed that many options had 1 person (I think one or two had 2), and saw one of the options was "Nothing", so I voted, because I didn't want to come back later and either miss the vote or get the "nothing" just because I didn't have more than a few minutes.

blindfaeth wrote:

Yay game! See you soon!
Not at all suspicious.

FWIW I think this was a great post, Br.
Why? How is this post "great"?
For the limited amount of posts at the time, I thought this was a very astute observation.
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

bea wrote:SVS raises a good point about BF seeming to buddy up to Golden. She even went to the trouble of pulling quotes so you know she means business. I can see where she's coming from too. I'm not sure it's suspicious yet, but BF - man -there are others playing!! Mafia besties are the best for sure! What do you think of everyone else?
You're kidding right? I'm like one of the highest posters. I've talked about others tons. Summary:

1. No reason to distrust Golden. Clarification for Dom, doesn't mean I trust him :rolleyes:
2. Bullz - on my bad list
3. Epi - on my worse list
4. TH - suspicious of, but recent posts have made me reconsider
5. SVS - misguided
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

S~V~S wrote:
blindfaeth wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I am not voting for you now, BF, and am not sure that I even will. It's early, and it's Day One. We are talking about what has caught our eye, and this is what has caught mine.
Ok. You are wrong, all I can offer is what I've already said. I didn't feel any sort of compelling reason to respond. There was no specific question directed toward me. I had nothing to add.
Thank you for this, your earlier reply addressing this sounded kind of petulant, like you were sticking your lip out in a cute little pout. This sounds more sincere.

But I think you are misconstruing my suspicion. I suspected you before you did not respond to my point. My original remark was directed to my suspicion of you. Not addressing it, especially after Golden did so literally one minute before you posted, intensified it. But ignoring my point was not the main focus of my suspicion. I know you and Golden are friends. Lots of people are friends, or even partners. When you played in games with Boogs in the past, you did not address every post to Boogs, and pretty much ignore everyone else. When I play with Bea, or Kate, I don't address every post to one of them, and ignore everyone else. You seemed to have this hyperfocus on Golden, like you were trying to draw him in.

You seemed to be cultivating Golden a bit. His opinion of it is something I am considering, but that is a whole other can of worms after last night. It almost feels like he is being pushed into defending you.

Of the initial Batman/Robin feel i had re BF/Golden, if I had to pick one of you to be more likely to be bad, it was you (obvs) not Golden. You reached out to him, after all. Yet there is a hard push to shift it onto Golden. That is making me very, very wary. I have to reread last nights posts again more carefully when I have more time. But my initial feel for that is that Rabbit is just fucking around more than anything.

Rabbit, you have an opinion on BF? If you posted it, I missed it.

Epi, though, feels more serious to me. And Epi was the person who started the whole "game in play" re Roger Rabbit by "confirming" that BF also started that game out with an address to Golden. I don't recall anyone asking about that before he "confirmed" it. If it did happen it is possible that I missed it. I thought it was an odd thing for a host of an ongoing game to say, especially when one of the two people involved, is still alive.

But again, this is quick read, and experience tells me that a quick read of Golden, Epi or Rabbit is a mistake, and this is all three ha ha. But i already spent too much time on Mafia this AM. Suffolk County Transit waits for no man (or woman).

Not seeing the TH or Bullz suspicions. MPs pompous lite "How ridiculous" reaction to suspicion is pretty par for the course for him, good or bad. I think BR made an interesting point, but I would need to see more from him. As Day Zero mistakes go, it is somewhat more suspicious than TH not knowing he had to be the only voter mainly due to the leaving & coming back factor re MP.

So no hard & fast opinions from me re last nights festivities yet, I need a deeper read first.

And I hope the three of you give each other a chance; you are all fun in different ways, but also very high intensity, awesome Mafia players. Letting stylistic differences put you at odds would be unfortunate.
Clarification for SVS: I'm not responding to this OK? I don't want you to think I'm ignoring it. But I've said all that I can on the matter :shrug2:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Did MP say what he thought of your suspicions of TH & Bullz, BF? Because tbh I thought BRs observation had a bit more meat on it than did yours.

Like I said, I need to see more of MP, I am just curious about that point.

Link I, again you are misconstruing my point. I don't suspect you because you did not reply to me. The circumstances in which you did not reply led me to suspect you MORE. You are over simplifying and being dismissive.
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

I have to say, I agree with the points re: civ behavior. I know rabbit and Epi will never agree with me. I understand the arguments on both sides. I think the "trying to look suspicious/bad" routine is just harmful to the civs in the current game, whilst trying to set up themselves for success as a baddie in future games so people will say "Oh that's just always how they act, you'll get used to it"

But, I digress. I will still be suspicious of them and still push for their lynch just about every time. :shrug2:
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

S~V~S wrote:Did MP say what he thought of your suspicions of TH & Bullz, BF? Because tbh I thought BRs observation had a bit more meat on it than did yours.

Like I said, I need to see more of MP, I am just curious about that point.

Link I, again you are misconstruing my point. I don't suspect you because you did not reply to me. The circumstances in which you did not reply led me to suspect you MORE. You are over simplifying and being dismissive.
I don't know if MP had an opinion of my suspicions. I don't recall, I could look back I guess. But you're seriously inferring that THIS:
blindfaeth wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Can you tell us why, BF, or are you just talking to Golden?

Linki
Both. I was just curious if he had the same hunch.

Early on, Turnip Head votes for key. Epignosis points out he hadn't read the rules, because he voted for an item someone already claimed.

Next, Elo points out that someone is going to end up with nothing. And then realizes TH will be one of those people, because he didn't read the rules. Next is the suspicious post.
Turnip Head wrote:
Elohcin wrote:Oh wait...maybe not since TH didn't read the rules. I guess he will get nothing.
:(

Maybe Boomslang will want to trade his key for my nothing? :grin:
Boomslang? Who is that?
Bullzeye wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Elohcin wrote:Oh wait...maybe not since TH didn't read the rules. I guess he will get nothing.
:(

Maybe Boomslang will want to trade his key for my nothing? :grin:
Or maybe Bullzeye will just laugh at you for not reading the rules. Then laugh at you again for not even reading who beat you to it properly. In conclusion: :p
Bullzeye knows right away. Not that it's hard to figure out. Starts with B, he voted for your item, etc. Easy to put together, right? But why call him boomslang in the first place?

All I can think of is my very first game on STV mafia. SVS, you were in that game with me. Along with some others, I'm sure. Manu pinpointed a bad guy who wasn't talkative at all for one post, where on the first day, they "accidentally" referred to another player by the incorrect gender. It turns out, they were teammates. The baddie knew their gender, but used it as a subtle distancing tactic.

So this was the setting for my initial suspicion.

Next, I say something about my suspicion and ask Golden if he has noticed anything in thread. Guess who wants to know in on the secret? Sounds nervous to me.
Turnip Head wrote:What do you guys see?
Coincidence? I think not. Then, guess what? I start talking about what I can gather from my will, which I've stressed is in no way info dumping - AND I've been very careful not to mention whose will it is. Which is when Bullzeye starts posting again.
Bullzeye wrote:
blindfaeth wrote:No, not role outing. It's an educated guess. All I know is whose will I have and that I get a lot of money when they die. Lots of money sounds like a millionaire to me.
Well if I were that person - regardless of the accuracy of your guess - I would certainly feel outed/infodumped against/unfairly treated.
Bullzeye wrote:
Golden wrote:I disagree strongly with bullz statement.

I can't remember a time when the person lynched on day one didn't feel it was unfair, no matter what the reason. Day one lynches always suck.

Whats the difference between it being unfair because someone has a hunch that their item is a role hint, and it being unfair because someone sees some minutiae in the thread? I don't see one.

I don't like that it is being made some kind of moral issue. It's a host setting - either it's ok or it isn't. (and my eye is squarely on bullz for his comment).
You are obviously unfamiliar with my attitude towards infodumping. Read the fury in my late posts in the Monty Python game, or the comment I made in the thread about how to handle infodumping. I have a fiery, passionate hatred of info in all its forms. Boogs is one of my all time favourite people to play with, I think he's a brilliant person and a great laugh, but I tore him to shreds for outing me and at the time I was literally that angry. Good or bad, I will never be okay with following info to get someone lynched. It just isn't how I play. I don't care about fighting against it here, it doesn't affect me, but knowing how I would feel in the shoes of whoever BF's will is attached to, I will not be following it and I will not have my disapproval silenced by fear of suspicion. I will happily admit my view of infodumping is very strict but that's just me.

Why is your eye not also on Dom for agreeing with me? It's very rare for he and I to agree on anything actually. I've half a mind to check Hell hasn't frozen over.
Bullzeye wrote:
fingersplints wrote:I'm a little wary of the name on the will anyways. If it is that directly tied into a role it doesn't really seem fair for that player, and I'm not sure the host would do that
This is a good point. I also don't see that we have any particular reason to believe BF as of yet.
That's odd, what brings you here out of the blue? Sure, you're playing the game, but I feel it's awful convenient you show up right after I mention it. He starts pushing an agenda of discrediting me and spreading doubt about my speculation. Is it because he's worried I know the name of his teammate, the millionaire? That's what I think.
had less meat than this?

Yay game! See you soon!
Not at all suspicious.

That's your opinion. I think BR made an astute observation. Both of our observations were based off of 2 pages of Day 0, so.

Ok, SVS, I can't change the circumstances in which I did not reply. If we rewound time and did it all over again, I still would not reply. :shrug:
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 125

Post by Bullzeye »

blindfaeth wrote:
bea wrote:SVS raises a good point about BF seeming to buddy up to Golden. She even went to the trouble of pulling quotes so you know she means business. I can see where she's coming from too. I'm not sure it's suspicious yet, but BF - man -there are others playing!! Mafia besties are the best for sure! What do you think of everyone else?
You're kidding right? I'm like one of the highest posters. I've talked about others tons. Summary:

1. No reason to distrust Golden. Clarification for Dom, doesn't mean I trust him :rolleyes:
2. Bullz - on my bad list
3. Epi - on my worse list
4. TH - suspicious of, but recent posts have made me reconsider
5. SVS - misguided

You've talked about like seven people altogether, one of them only in the context of defending your friendship and most others in relation to your potential info. I mean, let's face it, I'm only on your bad list for disagreeing with you. You asked for people's opinions on something (or invited them by sharing an idea in a public forum) and then anyone who said no became your suspect list. Is there anyone you suspect for any reason that doesn't revolve around your will?

Return to “Previous Jobs”