The Host (Host/Mod/Dead/NP)
58%

Total votes: 12
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 95

Re: Harry Stephen Keeler [DAY 1]

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Alright. I'm all caught up. And I'm glad I'm about to go watch a ton of basketball. Because I think I need a mental break after all of that.

Here are some of my current thoughts though:

BF - Might get my vote. He handled the supposed "info" thing with the will poorly, put a huge target on his back, and seems willing to try to get almost anyone lynched. But hasn't been willing to throw a vote on any of the five or six (I forget how many now) people he has placed suspicion on.

Golden - I have no freaking clue. I always thought Golden was an oddity in terms of being able to read him. The only thing I have so far is that while BF and he have defended/supported/whatever-word-you-want-to-use each other, he's at least self-aware of how it could come back to bite him if BF ends up flipping bad.

Epig - Not seeing anything different or out of the ordinary from him yet. No read.

MP - Freaked out and flipped his lid on BR's (IMO) slight suspicion/catch on Day 0. He's definitely stressed out and emotionally drained right now though, so his reaction doesn't surprise me. I still hope you just take a few breathers and continue to play though, dude!

BR - Went after an idea of something slight that caught her attention on Day 0. And that does stick out a bit to me, as I'm also someone who is usually a bit lost for the first 3-4 days of each game I play. But again, it's only a Day 0 observation. So I don't put much stock into it. Plus MP's more rational responses seemed genuine to me.

Bullz - One of the first two people BF brought up after talking about his will thingy. His responses read genuine to me.

TH - The other person along with Bullz that BF brought up with the will thingy. To me, it feels like lately, looking at TH has fallen completely off the tracks. Not sure if it's from BF jumping around to several other people or something else.

Mongoose - Dark horse candidate currently for my vote. I always get nervous when she makes lots of jokey/off-topic posts, but especially so when she posts a lot without really posting much. And she's definitely doing the second one this game.

This post sticks out to me a lot though:
Mongoose wrote:I have no idea how to read all these new (and "new") people. I'll just assume you are all good. Seems legit.
I know it's not much, but this feels to me like one of Mongoose's "saying something without saying something" posts to me, with a slight hint of jokey-ness to it.

There's also this... (note the bolded part):
Mongoose wrote: Huge deadline at COB tomorrow so I am spending my afternoon break doing a Scan & Ran with you lot. Seems like typical "mountains of molehill" Day 1 shenanigans, but nothing is toooo concerning to me yet (and I sure as hell don't have anything more compelling to add other than I made a "It has proudly been 3 days since our last velociraptor accident" sign for my office door).

I'll be voting early (tomorrow)because I leave for St Pete Saturday morning for a business trip and will be gone through Tuesday.
...and this.
Mongoose wrote:I'm frankly surprised I read the instructions and am not one of the ones who voted second for one of the items. That's a welcome change.
If Mongoose has more on-topic posts, I'll take a look later. But that's all I remember for now. I'll wait to hear her response before making further judgement though.

I will be back later either this afternoon or evening.
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 98

Post by Zombarella »

Rabbit’s thinking of a vote for Epi but has bad feelings re BF:

rabbit8 wrote:So I will have to vote when I wake up. I will be leaving for the states and will not be around for the lynch, I think. So my best vote right now would be, Epi.........

Fuck you Golden. I know you are going to be biting at the bit to respond to this thought. So don't. :haha:

Because my other thought would be BF. Who does not consider all roles when they get info. Baddies with an agenda, or....................civvies who are too gung ho to actually think before they post. So this one is, meh.

The again I could always vote for a self voter. But nah, I'm not into behavior modification through punishments. They have been proven through study to do more harm than good. What, corpral punishment next for self voting? :sigh:

:p
SVS is also thinking about Epi but decides to vote with her earlier suspicion of BF.

@BR – I read all of SVS and she has been looking at BF from the beginning. The post below doesn’t really make that clear, but her vote does seem to make sense.
S~V~S wrote:Catching up on Epi v Rabbit v Golden was interesting. I see a lot of philosophy "discussion" in our future as the three are very strong individuals with very diverse opinions on the game in general. While Epi in his last post made his disdain for the concept of "civvie behavior" clear, I do and always have disagreed with him. There are certain things a civvie just should not do. Being obstructionist for his own obscure reasons is one of those things, IMO. Epi has gone rather quiet after the three way the other night.

Personally, I also found Epi to be waffly re BF/Golden. I was the person initially pinged by them, and BF was the one doing the pinging, not Golden. Epi pointing out how BFs behavior was consistent with his behavior in an ongoing game, then (imo) seeming to appear (it is hard sometimes even with 3 reads to tell what Epi is *actually* saying or doing, thus the "seeming") to be trying to shift that Buddying thing onto Golden, makes me super wary of him.

I have a busy day tomorrow, and will be in the middle of D & D when the poll ends. Not 100% sure I will be here tonight, so i am going to vote now, I don't see me changing my mind.

*Votes BF*
Epi comes back with evidence about BF that certainly doesn’t do him any favors. I take back what I said about Epi’s posts not being helpful.
Epignosis wrote:Never mind. I can't even access the quotes I wanted to pull anymore. Oh well. Don't care. Posting what I think anyway, without links or quotes, quick and dirty.

S~V~S: Two Thursdays out of the month are always very busy for us. Yesterday was one of those.

Trying to decide who is bad between two people when you only have one vote to cast is hardly "waffling."

Regarding blindfaeth: He has named or complied with at least five suspicions on Day 1: Bullzeye, Turnip Head, Long Con, MP, and me. He went from saying Black Rock had a great post (or something like that) about MP, but later said that he would be suspicious of anyone who voted for MP, thus adding to his potential pool of Day 1 suspects. He strikes me as someone trying to get something rolling on just about anyone, but doesn't want to cast the first stone.
Epignosis wrote:I remember something else I wrote. BF told Dom (paraphrasing) that he takes what Golden says more objectively, but when Dom pressed him on it, BF said, "show me where I said I trusted Golden." The discussion came down to BF saying that he did not trust Golden, but that he didn't NOT trust Golden either. That's doublespeak. blindfaeth puts more stock in what Golden says than he does anybody else, yet he assures us that isn't him trusting Golden out of the gate.
I had the opportunity to play a baddie role in Roger Rabbit and now I have more insight as to why baddie players do what they do and I could totally see BF being bad.

Here’s something that might be nothing. BWT is busy and doesn’t post for days. Then SVS says “where’s BWT?” and voila – he appears. It was 4 hours later, but still….
birdwithteeth11 wrote:Wow. 14 pages already?! You fools must be trying to go for the Death Note record, huh?

Now that I'm back home and have plenty of sleep from last night, I'm going to start reading the thread from the beginning.
linki - ...and more fm BWT...hmmm....

P.S. Where did Dom go?
Turnip Head wrote:I for one welcome our new zombie and llama overlords. May their reign be long, and may their cases always be on point.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 125

Post by Bullzeye »

I am having a horrible day today. Expect to see me in the morning but probably not before. Not in the mood. Just thought I'd show my face so you know I haven't disappeared.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 244
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Zomba are you saying BF and bwt are both lynch candidates for you or just one or neither?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 74
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Hello, everyone. Just popping in to give an update.

I realize I could definitely use a mafia break right now (I've been playing games constantly for almost the past year, at least one game at a time, as well as hosting in addition to playing). My RL situation over the past year has also been very busy, but mafia has served as a way to keep my brain engaged, and I've seen it as a way to help me relax. But obviously it is emotionally and mentally draining itself. That said, I have thought about this, and I have made my final decision to stick it out and play this game. I've signed up for this game, and I feel I should stick to that commitment.

However, I am still completely drained in every regard, and will have a busy weekend. So I'm not sure when you'll see much of me just yet, and I'm going to try to play this game from scratch.

Consequently, when I do come back in here, I'm going to read the thread from the very beginning, and just restart mentally and emotionally, as if I haven't yet played this game, and am thus replacing myself, if that makes sense. This probably sounds stupid, but it's important to me that is how I'm going to be approaching the rest of this game, just from a perspective standpoint.

In addition, I will be trying to take more of a backseat this game, as I've mulled over it and considering my current RL situation as well as trying to approach mafia in a way that most benefits me and my alignment from a meta standpoint, I feel it will benefit me to take more of a backseat, posting more occasionally, at least for a while. That way I'm less apt to post impulsively and from an emotional perspective, which will avoid outbursts as well as rash judgments on and railroading of certain players. I've been trying to do this in other games ever since the Disney Cars debacle, but I've only accomplished it with very limited success, and the realization that it has become passe was just too much for me to handle. I feel that taking a step back and trying to specifically approach this game, from scratch, in a new manner will help me not only hopefully hone my contribution more effectively, but also increase my enjoyment.

I'm even sporting a new sock to metaphorically represent this (but I really just kind of wanted a change).

So please vote for MovingPictures07 (v1.0) if you feel my actions have most warranted suspicion. But I am not going to address any concerns regarding my previous behavior, so apologies for any inconvenience in that regard. I feel I have already said all I want to say about that, and then some.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 131

Post by thellama73 »

MP, you are a LegEnd.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 74
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:MP, you are a LegEnd.
:haha:

Thank you, Llama, you are truly a gentleman and a scholar. :llama:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 452

Re: Harry Stephen Keeler [DAY 0]

Post by S~V~S »

S~V~S wrote:I don't like acronyms that are too long, although I am an acronym myself lol. I would go with something different were I to rename myself today, but it is what it is.

I Am thinking I'll call him what he wants to be called if he states a preference. Until then, Shep it is since that is the first part of the name.

I am intrigued by BF & Golden. Positioning themselves as a Batman & Robin of sorts right out of the gate, sticking cred right onto each other. Then, as Epi pointed out, BF did the same in another game. That is still in progress, but Golden at least was civ there.

And don't get me started on socks, you guys :( I really was excited for this becasue I was excited about socks, the works of HSK, not so much. I was sad to see that sabotage-eed. I already have an alarming lack of dignity for my age :haha:
BR, this was where I started discussing BF, Weds 3/18 st 5:51 AM. The majority of my posts after this have involved my suspicions of BF.

I am not sure what you need explained about my vote? I think he's bad. I sucked in Film cause I did not follow my gut. I don't want to suck here, too.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

MP yay! I'm glad you decided to play on!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 222

Post by Dom »

Golden wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:^^I think that's what Dom was getting at. But that's a streeeeeeeeeetch.
So, Dom, did you just choose to ignore the post right before mine? Rabbits one right there ^ ??

I do not know what you mean by 'I did not seem to care'. I just spoke my mind about what I saw. I do care if I am right or wrong.
I ignored it because Rabbit did not seem to build a suspicion from it. He said it was a stretch. Two different things. You and BF both built on that.
Turnip Head wrote:Honestly Dom I got the same impression from your post that LC, rabbit, BF and Golden did, and now that you've clarified that that wasn't your intention, I actually have NO idea what you're getting at re: juliets. Asking her if she was addressing all civs by saying "us", what does that even mean, what is your point re: juliets? Your follow-up question to her makes no sense to me, but I guess I'll wait to hear juliets' response to it in any case. But it feels like you're backpedaling.
I was seeing if Juliets was doing the whole, "us civvies" routine. Like, "Hey guys, if I include myself in the group of civvies enough maybe it'll look like I'm civ!!"
I've been caught doing this-- others have too. I am not backpedaling. My views were misrepresented and assumed upon before I even had a chance to speak.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 267
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Fair enough Dom, I suppose that makes sense.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

thellama73 wrote:MP, you are a LegEnd.
#endthread
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

juliets wrote:Zomba are you saying BF and bwt are both lynch candidates for you or just one or neither?
I'm saying that I'm looking at them and I'm going to see what they say and what others say. I'm not going to vote until much later. I want more to go on then hunches - if possible.

Juliets, What you do think about BF and BWT? Or did you already say?
Turnip Head wrote:I for one welcome our new zombie and llama overlords. May their reign be long, and may their cases always be on point.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Zomba, I spent all day yesterday on planes and sitting in airports, and had to deal with the 3-hour time change of coming from the western to eastern part of the U.S. I was tired and not in the mood for mafia last night. So when I posted right after SVS was asking where I was, it was pure coincidence that I logged into the site and started to get into the game.

I had posted way back near the beginning of Day 0 that I was on vacation and would not be active until I returned home. So if you want to read into that more, that's your decision.

Linki
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 50

Post by Vompatti »

TFW no BF
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:Zomba, I spent all day yesterday on planes and sitting in airports, and had to deal with the 3-hour time change of coming from the western to eastern part of the U.S. I was tired and not in the mood for mafia last night. So when I posted right after SVS was asking where I was, it was pure coincidence that I logged into the site and started to get into the game.

I had posted way back near the beginning of Day 0 that I was on vacation and would not be active until I returned home. So if you want to read into that more, that's your decision.

Linki
Fair enough.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 63

Post by Elohcin »

I am all caught up :)

Okay, my suspicions lie with BF and Mongoose. Epi's case on BF seems pretty solid and I went back to read BF (since Epi was having a hard time with quoting b/c of filters) and BF is my top suspect at the moment. He seems to be firing in all directions waiting for some suspicion, any suspicion, to catch on so he can jump on it. Mongoose's game so far seems like her baddie playstyle....jokey and what not. However, I am willing to hear her out before voting her.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 234
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Ok, so I had a plan here. My plan was to try and bolster the BF suspicion a little in order to make it seem like a BF lynch is a possibility. The next step was to watch and see who voted FIRST for BF, my logic being that IF BF has an item that could identify a baddie, the baddies would want to get a hold of it. Even if it's not pointing to The Millionaire, the baddies might want to grab it just because they aren't sure.

So S~V~S has voted for BF now, and she has been one of BF's biggest detractors all along. I'm not so sure if this plan of mine is credible, but I wanted to share it anyways.

In the beginning, I was "after" BF just for the plan, but now I'm actually suspicious of him. And if he's a baddie, then S~V~S deserves no suspicion for being the first voter.

I was feeling the Dom vote, but actually his explanation (that he saw juliets as buddying up to Civs with the "us" comment) makes sense to me.

My other likely vote then, is Metalmarsh, for his self-vote. Still deciding between him and BF right now.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 268

Post by Epignosis »

Home now for the weekend. No more fucking work filter. :feb:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Zomba, here's what I said about BF earlier in the day. Since then SVS asked me to look at some things about him prior to the item being involved and I am in the middle of a re-read now (or was until my mom called). As for BWT, I haven't had any thoughts about him since he basically hasn't been here.
juliets wrote:
BF, not suspicious of him either. He got an item, he says he thought through the danger to himself, llama said we could talk about the item so he told us about it. The fact that it might be a civ didn't occur to him at the time but he has since recognized there are several different people it could be. I just can't believe he is bad and was guiding us to the millionaire who is also bad.
Also thanks for answering my question.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 260

Post by Golden »

Dom - anyone who tries to trip someone up on minutiae looks bad to me.

You would say 'us' as civilian, or as mafia.

I said it pinged me, because it pinged me. Frankly - when basically every single person in the thread saw it the same way - I think you might realise that actually it looked a bit sus.

I have no control over what bf comes into the thread and says after me. You got my eye for it - you still do have my eye for it. I think baddies like to ask questions that look like they are trying to trip people up but in reality have absolutely no value.

You can, later on, decide to interpret that question whichever way suits you.

It's not a massive ping for me, I was simply stating that it caught my eye. It was the second thing that caught my eye - after you asked me why I hadn't responded to a post that I had (two) just before my third ping on you - that you called me and bf out (the people with heat in the thread) but not rabbit.

If I hadn't thrown my vote away, I'd be looking very strongly at a vote for you.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Long Con wrote:Ok, so I had a plan here. My plan was to try and bolster the BF suspicion a little in order to make it seem like a BF lynch is a possibility. The next step was to watch and see who voted FIRST for BF, my logic being that IF BF has an item that could identify a baddie, the baddies would want to get a hold of it. Even if it's not pointing to The Millionaire, the baddies might want to grab it just because they aren't sure.

So S~V~S has voted for BF now, and she has been one of BF's biggest detractors all along. I'm not so sure if this plan of mine is credible, but I wanted to share it anyways.

In the beginning, I was "after" BF just for the plan, but now I'm actually suspicious of him. And if he's a baddie, then S~V~S deserves no suspicion for being the first voter.

I was feeling the Dom vote, but actually his explanation (that he saw juliets as buddying up to Civs with the "us" comment) makes sense to me.

My other likely vote then, is Metalmarsh, for his self-vote. Still deciding between him and BF right now.
You make some good points LC, but I am not suspicious of MM's self vote. I mean, he has voted for himself on Day 1 three games in a row now I believe.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

And he was bad in two of them, right?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

EBWOP, which isn't to say he's bad in this one. But just becasue someone always does something, doesn't mean he's a civvie, either.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Golden wrote:Dom - anyone who tries to trip someone up on minutiae looks bad to me.

You would say 'us' as civilian, or as mafia.

I said it pinged me, because it pinged me. Frankly - when basically every single person in the thread saw it the same way - I think you might realise that actually it looked a bit sus.

I have no control over what bf comes into the thread and says after me. You got my eye for it - you still do have my eye for it. I think baddies like to ask questions that look like they are trying to trip people up but in reality have absolutely no value.

You can, later on, decide to interpret that question whichever way suits you.

It's not a massive ping for me, I was simply stating that it caught my eye. It was the second thing that caught my eye - after you asked me why I hadn't responded to a post that I had (two) just before my third ping on you - that you called me and bf out (the people with heat in the thread) but not rabbit.

If I hadn't thrown my vote away, I'd be looking very strongly at a vote for you.
I'm not focussing on minutiae. I am asking juliets to clarify her comments to see if it fits a pattern of what I have observed to be typically baddie behavior. Do not mischaracterize what I did. You did not wait to see what I said about anything before running with it and presenting your assumptions as fact. Even if they read that way, there were other people (LC and Rabbit) who did not do so. They asked for my clarification and qualified their statements. You did not. BF did not.
Every suspicion you have against me is utter crap tbh.
1) I asked you to answer something that you did NOT answer.
2) I didn't call out LC or Rabbit because they didn't do what you did.
3) I asked juliets to clarify a statement she made. People tried to make me look bad for this. Not gonna happen.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I voted BF.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 260

Post by Golden »

I didn't 'run with it' and I didn't 'present my anything as fact'.

All I did was stated that you got my eye for it. Once. It's you who has run with it.

As for the first one - go read the thread. I said the reason I hadn't responded to you was because you were linki and I had to run for work. But anyway, why would I respond specifically to you when all you did was said, essentially, 'yeah golden, what the other person said'... why would I not just answer the first person?

And honestly - I don't need to make you 'look' bad for it. I think the reaction of the thread tells you all you need to know, frankly. You did look bad for it. But your reaction is the kind of thing I look for which I find, frankly, to be much MORE indicative of a baddie... blowing everything well out of proportion.

As I said - it's VERY easy of you to claim a particular interpretation now, after everyone has 'misinterpreted' it. Which I don't think I actually did misinterpret it. I think, in fact, your interpretation is the very one I was thinking when I gave you the eye. I know LC stated 'JC's us meaning the baddie team'... but you just got me eye for calling JC up on it at all. Because I don't think there is anything about it which is possibly indicative of someone playing a baddie game, and I don't buy it when you say it fits a pattern of what you have observed as typical baddie behaviour.

Everyone says 'we' and 'us'. It's normal.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
LizKeen
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 117

Post by LizKeen »

Elohcin wrote:You make some good points LC, but I am not suspicious of MM's self vote. I mean, he has voted for himself on Day 1 three games in a row now I believe.
You don't think he could be Reed Bardeen?

More lost than Oceanic Air Flight 815
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 294

Post by rabbit8 »

Long Con wrote:Ok, so I had a plan here. My plan was to try and bolster the BF suspicion a little in order to make it seem like a BF lynch is a possibility. The next step was to watch and see who voted FIRST for BF, my logic being that IF BF has an item that could identify a baddie, the baddies would want to get a hold of it. Even if it's not pointing to The Millionaire, the baddies might want to grab it just because they aren't sure.

:haha: Why even being this up about the plan if you're just going to back peddle in the same post?

I have to vote now. BF.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 179

Re: Harry Stephen Keeler [DAY 0]

Post by Black Rock »

S~V~S wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I don't like acronyms that are too long, although I am an acronym myself lol. I would go with something different were I to rename myself today, but it is what it is.

I Am thinking I'll call him what he wants to be called if he states a preference. Until then, Shep it is since that is the first part of the name.

I am intrigued by BF & Golden. Positioning themselves as a Batman & Robin of sorts right out of the gate, sticking cred right onto each other. Then, as Epi pointed out, BF did the same in another game. That is still in progress, but Golden at least was civ there.

And don't get me started on socks, you guys :( I really was excited for this becasue I was excited about socks, the works of HSK, not so much. I was sad to see that sabotage-eed. I already have an alarming lack of dignity for my age :haha:
BR, this was where I started discussing BF, Weds 3/18 st 5:51 AM. The majority of my posts after this have involved my suspicions of BF.

I am not sure what you need explained about my vote? I think he's bad. I sucked in Film cause I did not follow my gut. I don't want to suck here, too.

I was just reviewing your reasons. You case seems believable and you do sound like you have conviction. I believe you are doing honest baddie hunting. I am just on the fence with BF.
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

LizKeen wrote:
Elohcin wrote:You make some good points LC, but I am not suspicious of MM's self vote. I mean, he has voted for himself on Day 1 three games in a row now I believe.

That is an interesting take. I forgot about that role. Some of these self voters might be trying to get a few people looking their way. It's a very dangerous play on day 1 though.
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

S~V~S wrote:And he was bad in two of them, right?
I thought it was bad in one, good in one, and we don't know about this one.
LizKeen wrote:
*Goes to read role*

Hmm, I guess he could be. I would be more suspicious if it were someone else self voting though. This seems to be MM's thing. It would be funny if Llama assigned him that role but I think Llama randomizes.

@ Llama, did you randomize the roles?
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Okay, I see MP and Vomps self-voted. Out of the three (including MM) I am most surprised by MP's self vote. He would be the one I would think could most likely be Reed.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Elohcin wrote:Okay, I see MP and Vomps self-voted. Out of the three (including MM) I am most surprised by MP's self vote. He would be the one I would think could most likely be Reed.

He did that when he went into melt down (which I say with all love for MP). I doubt that was the reason...
ImageImage
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 103

Post by blindfaeth »

Is the vote ending today?
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 9

Post by A Person »

Vompatti wrote:TFW no BF
lel
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

The vote ends tomorrow at 3:10 pm bf.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 103

Post by blindfaeth »

Oh well, if people are interested in lynching me I suppose I'll share what I know. At least if I die, SVS won't be able to lie to you about whose will it is. It is Zomberellas will. The reason I did not come after her in the thread as many of you suggested is because she was literally absent for so long. Which I think is oddly convenient, but whatever. Final thoughts, I think dom is bad, he's only analytical like this when he has a team. I think epi and bills are bad. Think SVS is misguided. Good luck
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

blindfaeth wrote:Oh well, if people are interested in lynching me I suppose I'll share what I know. At least if I die, SVS won't be able to lie to you about whose will it is. It is Zomberellas will. The reason I did not come after her in the thread as many of you suggested is because she was literally absent for so long. Which I think is oddly convenient, but whatever. Final thoughts, I think dom is bad, he's only analytical like this when he has a team. I think epi and bills are bad. Think SVS is misguided. Good luck
I figured the "author" of the will was a lower poster. That's what I meant when I said, "I also learned something because blindfaeth spilled the beans."
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 111

Post by fingersplints »

blindfaeth wrote:Oh well, if people are interested in lynching me I suppose I'll share what I know. At least if I die, SVS won't be able to lie to you about whose will it is. It is Zomberellas will. The reason I did not come after her in the thread as many of you suggested is because she was literally absent for so long. Which I think is oddly convenient, but whatever. Final thoughts, I think dom is bad, he's only analytical like this when he has a team. I think epi and bills are bad. Think SVS is misguided. Good luck
I don't think this is true. Dom's posting generally has more to do with how much he feels like posting and less to do with affiliation.

Sorry haven't been fully invested in this. Hopefully can get caught up before lynch tomorrow.
Gro-oo-ovy
LizKeen
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 117

Post by LizKeen »

Without doing a complete reread, because I just don't want to right now, how do know it's zomberella's will? And why are giving up with only 3 votes and so many to be placed? I'm utterly baffled unless you're trying to gather votes for some reason.

And my suspicion order in regard to the self :vote would go 1. Vomp 2. MM (because several have stated he does this a lot) and 3. MP because he just generally seemed burnt out. But I'll be watching all 3. And I'll add bf to that now for throwing in the towel so easily.

But I'm likely to vote Mongoose at this point.

More lost than Oceanic Air Flight 815
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 16
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Turnip Head wrote:Honestly Dom I got the same impression from your post that LC, rabbit, BF and Golden did, and now that you've clarified that that wasn't your intention, I actually have NO idea what you're getting at re: juliets. Asking her if she was addressing all civs by saying "us", what does that even mean, what is your point re: juliets? Your follow-up question to her makes no sense to me, but I guess I'll wait to hear juliets' response to it in any case. But it feels like you're backpedaling.

Speaking of waiting for responses, I'm still waiting on Mongoose to address my post directed towards her. Her three posts from this past day are as follows:
Mongoose wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Dang it, I should have counted to 10, I feel bad for reacting emotionally now instead of rationally. :P But I'm in too deep now. VOTE ME. And stuff. BBL.

It's okay hoss, we've all been there.

Huge deadline at COB tomorrow so I am spending my afternoon break doing a Scan & Ran with you lot. Seems like typical "mountains of molehill" Day 1 shenanigans, but nothing is toooo concerning to me yet (and I sure as hell don't have anything more compelling to add other than I made a "It has proudly been 3 days since our last velociraptor accident" sign for my office door).

I'll be voting early (tomorrow)because I leave for St Pete Saturday morning for a business trip and will be gone through Tuesday.
So it sounded like she had scanned the thread, because she commented how the day's cases looked like mountains of molehills fare.

Then she replied to a post that wasn't addressed to her:
Mongoose wrote:
fingersplints wrote:Idk BR. If it was anyone other than MP I might think you were on to something, but he is so detail oriented I'm not really shocked he would have read the rules. Even I noticed that you can't have two people vote the same option and I am pretty notorious for not reading things like that carefully.
worth considering though

so bf - the TH/Bullz things are seperate from the will thing? I'm trying to get what you are saying here
I'm frankly surprised I read the instructions and am not one of the ones who voted second for one of the items. That's a welcome change.
And then she made an off-topic comment directed to the host:
Mongoose wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Hey everyone!
Since we have a little extra time today, let's have a fun game. The roles on the front page need pictures to go along with them. Please submit a picture of your role to me via PM by the end of Night 1. My favorite gets a prize. Please nothing too racist for the Celestials.
*spat out tea in laughter*

I like the qualifier of "too" racist, with the intimation being that "a little racist" is permissible.
Yet she didn't reply to my post addressed to her. For now I'll give her the benefit of the doubt that she just hadn't read that far into the thread, even though her first post made it sound like she had scanned the whole thread to that point. So that's strange, but I'll withhold from further judgment until she replies to my first post and to this subsequent post.
Dude, I worked from 730am til 1030pm, so I was bound to miss something. I'm probably going to ask to be replaced because we lost two attorneys so I am working two full caseloads, so my 40-hour a week job turned into an 80-hour a week job.

Is there any way you can throw me a bone and requote your post at me? I need to pack and just don't have the energy to go digging right now, profuse apologies.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Hello, everyone. Just popping in to give an update.

I realize I could definitely use a mafia break right now (I've been playing games constantly for almost the past year, at least one game at a time, as well as hosting in addition to playing). My RL situation over the past year has also been very busy, but mafia has served as a way to keep my brain engaged, and I've seen it as a way to help me relax. But obviously it is emotionally and mentally draining itself. That said, I have thought about this, and I have made my final decision to stick it out and play this game. I've signed up for this game, and I feel I should stick to that commitment.

However, I am still completely drained in every regard, and will have a busy weekend. So I'm not sure when you'll see much of me just yet, and I'm going to try to play this game from scratch.

Consequently, when I do come back in here, I'm going to read the thread from the very beginning, and just restart mentally and emotionally, as if I haven't yet played this game, and am thus replacing myself, if that makes sense. This probably sounds stupid, but it's important to me that is how I'm going to be approaching the rest of this game, just from a perspective standpoint.

In addition, I will be trying to take more of a backseat this game, as I've mulled over it and considering my current RL situation as well as trying to approach mafia in a way that most benefits me and my alignment from a meta standpoint, I feel it will benefit me to take more of a backseat, posting more occasionally, at least for a while. That way I'm less apt to post impulsively and from an emotional perspective, which will avoid outbursts as well as rash judgments on and railroading of certain players. I've been trying to do this in other games ever since the Disney Cars debacle, but I've only accomplished it with very limited success, and the realization that it has become passe was just too much for me to handle. I feel that taking a step back and trying to specifically approach this game, from scratch, in a new manner will help me not only hopefully hone my contribution more effectively, but also increase my enjoyment.

I'm even sporting a new sock to metaphorically represent this (but I really just kind of wanted a change).

So please vote for MovingPictures07 (v1.0) if you feel my actions have most warranted suspicion. But I am not going to address any concerns regarding my previous behavior, so apologies for any inconvenience in that regard. I feel I have already said all I want to say about that, and then some.
Me too TBH, socky
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

LizKeen wrote:Random thoughts because catching up has made me really tired.

I'm not sure I'm as willing to give Mongoose the benefit of the doubt. She said BF's actions revealed something to her but can't pursue it. Then why bring it up? Also the brown-nosing new players. (Even though I am one and like the benefit of the doubt) Trying to get us on your side?
I did not mean to imply BF's actions revealed something to me, I am not even sure what you mean.

Wow, "brown nosing new players", I guess that's what you get for being nice around these parts these days, I forgot how aggressive these games can be.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 267
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Turnip Head wrote:
Mongoose wrote:I have no idea how to read all these new (and "new") people. I'll just assume you are all good. Seems legit.
This post irked me a little. Why give new people the benefit of the doubt, Mongoose? It's the only time you'll be able to make a truly fresh read on a player and let your mafia instincts kick in. And if you really are just assuming they're all good, why even say anything? I'm having trouble understanding your motives behind making this post.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Turnip Head wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
This post irked me a little. Why give new people the benefit of the doubt, Mongoose? It's the only time you'll be able to make a truly fresh read on a player and let your mafia instincts kick in. And if you really are just assuming they're all good, why even say anything? I'm having trouble understanding your motives behind making this post.
Thanks 1000% for requoting this, I super appreciate it.

That post was 5000% sarcastic because I have such a hard time reading new people. I would never assume someone was good (or bad or indie) simply because they new. I figured that was so hyperbolic that it would be inconceivable that it would be misinterpreted. The purpose was simply to express frustration as I figured other vets would empathize.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Additionally, I tend to be a bit stream of consciousness, so it was just what I was thinking. I probably nearly posted that I was supremely jacked up about there being chocolate bourbon pecan pie in the break room.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm voting blindfaeth.

A number of people don't agree with me about civilian behavior not actually existing...fine. We can debate that. But what blindfaeth basically did was wave his will in the air and fearmonger on two fronts. First he insisted (yeah, I don't think "insisted" is too strong a verb) that the author of his will was a certain ROLE. Second, he waved it under a BUNCH of people's noses who disagreed with him about it.

Now that he has three votes, he implies that S~V~S is bad and basically gives up? Nah.

I'll be recording music most of tomorrow morning and prepping for Heroes Unlimited #2 after that. I'm fine voting now.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

This is a very weird post. You think I am going to lie about who is in the will should I get it. Yet you also say i am misguided.

So if I am misguided (which I take to mean you don't think I am bad), then why the hell would I lie about it?

I just got home, and I am fried, later for youse :fishslap:

Linki, but he also implied i am civ~ :shrug:
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 369
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:And he was bad in two of them, right?
:shrug:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.

Return to “Previous Jobs”