The Host (Host/Mod/Dead/NP)
58%

Total votes: 12
Sophie
The Mark
Posts in topic: 95

Re: Harry Stephen Keeler [NIGHT 2]

Post by Sophie »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:So I dont have the time or energy to read everything that happen before I replaced in, so if anyone could give me a good place to start and the highlights it would be very helpful.

Ikr? Good luck with that, i asked for it days ago when i did the replacement and got no response.

Rip mm
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 452

Post by S~V~S »

It's a hard thread to tl;dr to be honest. Too much intensity, it's hard to leave anything out. I don't think anyone is dissing you Sophie.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 452

Post by S~V~S »

Maybe now that Golden is talking again he can attempt it.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 99

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Well every little bitt will help.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 234
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Hey, I did some. :pout:
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

RIP MM! :rip:

Sorry I missed the vote everyone! This is the first time I've had a chance to check the thread in well over 24 hours, and I have about 10 pages to catch up on. So bear with me. I'm hoping to get all caught up tonight but we will see. May not happen until tomorrow though.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 260

Post by Golden »

Lol SVS, I feel the same way you do. I'm not sure how to recap this thread, especially not without it sounding like its based on my own suspicions and not a recap.

Bass, and Sophie - what I would say is that so far this game appears to be a lot of tension and suspicions going back and forth between discrete people. There hasn't been a whole lot of fact or stuff to cling on to. I would summarise the key points as being.

1) Whoever holds the will when Zombs dies gets something that Zombs owns. Maybe it's a large sum of money or maybe it's a small sum of money or maybe it's her items that she holds. Based on what bf and SVS have had to say (and the fact they can't reproduce the wording of the will exactly) it's hard to tell exactly what they will get. I tend to think getting the items she holds makes more sense in the context of the game (but - thats me recapping with my own lens on). BF was lynched for revealing the purpose of the will and then told us the will was zombs will. Oh, another suspicion I personally have - I dunno that the will has been executed and I wouldn't be surprised if the lawyer has to execute it before it will actually function.

2) Lots of people seem to have taken a bit of heat, its hard for me to say who. In fact, it doesn't really seem like anyone has escaped the eye entirely.

3) There has been some talk about the items. I can't recap all of it. Ear horns seem to give info, bottle seems to curse people, I might have forgotten some stuff.

4) Can I suggest a good way to do a read back would be to pick out some specific people when you think they are noteworthy and think about their posts. That might be more enlightening than trying to read the thread wholesale.

5) One important thing. BR died. BR is now bea, not herself. That's kinda confusing, but true. I'm not sure how LC feels about it.

6) The celestials appear not to be a threat to the town.

Please feel free to add anything I've missed, people.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 244
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Golden, just an FYI, as long as people are not bad when they die it is very common for them to sub back in for someone who wants out. We've been doing it for a long time, must have started right after you last were here.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Oh, LC, you accused me of avoiding your question in the last night, and by the time I read it I was silenced.

You asked me 'is there any baddie behaviour'. The reason I responded to that with 'did you read day one' is because, well, I had already posted a whole lot of stuff about me thinking that epi was doing something that seemed anti-civilian to me and it lead to a whole spat with rabbit which didn't need to be repeated. You asked in response to me saying to RABBIT... who had just said to someone 'thats not civilian behaviour'... something like 'hey rabbit, theres no such thing as civilian behaviour'.

I would think that anyone who had actually read day one would know that this was me making a joke at rabbit's expense. Since obviously I had earlier been arguing that there was such a thing as anti-civilian behaviour and rabbit had said there was no such thing as civilian behaviour.

So, to be honest, you got my eye for that, because I think it was fairly hard to miss my spat with and vote for rabbit.

@JC - that was tongue in cheek. But I do think people not reading the thread properly need to know it happened.
Sophie
The Mark

Post by Sophie »

Long Con wrote:It starts with a Will that blindfaeth revealed, believing that it implicated the Will's writer as The Millionaire, due to there being a large sum of money involved. (Correct me with exact wording if that's not quite right). A lot of blah blah blah ensued regarding the wisdom and purpose and probable effect of revealing the Will. It ended up with BF getting a few votes, and BF revealed that Zombarella's name is on the Will. Then BF was lynched, a Civvie.

S~V~S was the first to vote BF, so she got possession of the Will. S~V~S said the Will says something more along the lines of "The holder of the Will will get [Zomba's] items when she dies".

That's how I remember that stuff without going back to see the exact quotes.
Oh well, this would have been helpful when i adked for it, i spent hours reading pages and im still way behind.
Thanks lc even if it was for bass.

It is really really really hard to replace in a game that haves so much goin on so fast, specially when you have so muvm Going on in your life atm
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 294

Post by rabbit8 »

Golden wrote:Oh, LC, you accused me of avoiding your question in the last night, and by the time I read it I was silenced.

You asked me 'is there any baddie behaviour'. The reason I responded to that with 'did you read day one' is because, well, I had already posted a whole lot of stuff about me thinking that epi was doing something that seemed anti-civilian to me and it lead to a whole spat with rabbit which didn't need to be repeated. You asked in response to me saying to RABBIT... who had just said to someone 'thats not civilian behaviour'... something like 'hey rabbit, theres no such thing as civilian behaviour'.

I would think that anyone who had actually read day one would know that this was me making a joke at rabbit's expense. Since obviously I had earlier been arguing that there was such a thing as anti-civilian behaviour and rabbit had said there was no such thing as civilian behaviour.

So, to be honest, you got my eye for that, because I think it was fairly hard to miss my spat with and vote for rabbit.

@JC - that was tongue in cheek. But I do think people not reading the thread properly need to know it happened.
:haha: I've been calling a lot of things uncivvie like to see what people say. For some reason no one is picking up on the sarcasm I've been laying down, even you. I must be out of touch..... :shrug:

I guess I will have to use orange?
Sophie
The Mark

Post by Sophie »

Golden wrote:Lol SVS, I feel the same way you do. I'm not sure how to recap this thread, especially not without it sounding like its based on my own suspicions and not a recap.

Bass, and Sophie - what I would say is that so far this game appears to be a lot of tension and suspicions going back and forth between discrete people. There hasn't been a whole lot of fact or stuff to cling on to. I would summarise the key points as being.

1) Whoever holds the will when Zombs dies gets something that Zombs owns. Maybe it's a large sum of money or maybe it's a small sum of money or maybe it's her items that she holds. Based on what bf and SVS have had to say (and the fact they can't reproduce the wording of the will exactly) it's hard to tell exactly what they will get. I tend to think getting the items she holds makes more sense in the context of the game (but - thats me recapping with my own lens on). BF was lynched for revealing the purpose of the will and then told us the will was zombs will. Oh, another suspicion I personally have - I dunno that the will has been executed and I wouldn't be surprised if the lawyer has to execute it before it will actually function.

2) Lots of people seem to have taken a bit of heat, its hard for me to say who. In fact, it doesn't really seem like anyone has escaped the eye entirely.

3) There has been some talk about the items. I can't recap all of it. Ear horns seem to give info, bottle seems to curse people, I might have forgotten some stuff.

4) Can I suggest a good way to do a read back would be to pick out some specific people when you think they are noteworthy and think about their posts. That might be more enlightening than trying to read the thread wholesale.

5) One important thing. BR died. BR is now bea, not herself. That's kinda confusing, but true. I'm not sure how LC feels about it.

6) The celestials appear not to be a threat to the town.

Please feel free to add anything I've missed, people.

this is really very useful, thanks so much, golden :hugs:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I picked up on it rabbit. I just thought I'd dish some back.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Frankly, I thought that whole passage of time in there was rabbit and I having a whole lot of fun, and I couldn't really make head or tail of what LC was up to. If I had been able to speak yesterday, I definitely would have been building a case on LC. I think his votes for MM and his non-lynching of BR on day 1 are both conveniently long WIFOMs, frankly, and I'm not willing to buy either of them as fact.

Having said that, I don't know that I would ever NK bf on night one. Not unless there was a reason I really had to. And he's just my best mafia bud. So I do understand there is some legitimacy to that argument.
Sophie
The Mark

Post by Sophie »

Golden wrote: Having said that, I don't know that I would ever NK bf on night one. Not unless there was a reason I really had to. And he's just my best mafia bud. So I do understand there is some legitimacy to that argument.

Im not your best mafia bud? :pout:
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Golden wrote:I picked up on it rabbit. I just thought I'd dish some back.

lol.

I find LC suspicious. Not so much as Zomba though.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 268

Post by Epignosis »

I just wonder if the person I suspect Day 3 will:

A) Reciprocate the suspicion, :rolleyes: and
B) Die. :feb:

:daisy:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Aww :hugs: for sophie.

Another thing I picked up on in day 1.

One thing some of you may not know about me - I studied performance music at university. I've lived in the world of classical music for most of my life. I know a lot of composers by sight.

None of them are Modest Mussorgsky... so how the heck did Epi know that??????? And also, why would Epi call his music that of a somnambulist? Some of his music is fantastic. Anyway, you might note Mussorgsky is one of the pictures that one of the mafia has put on their silencer role. If ever there was a piece of WIFOM, this is it. Epi's next line 'why would I draw attention to the fact I know the identity of one of the mafia pictures if I am mafia'???

Anyway, I found that curious indeed.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

This is a masterpiece.
Sophie
The Mark

Post by Sophie »

Golden wrote:Aww :hugs: for sophie.

One thing some of you may not know about me - I studied performance music at university. I've lived in the world of classical music for most of my life. I know a lot of composers by sight.

None of them are Modest Mussorgsky... so how the heck did Epi know that??????? And also, why would Epi call his music that of a somnambulist? Some of his music is fantastic. Anyway, you might note Mussorgsky is one of the pictures that one of the mafia has put on their silencer role. If ever there was a piece of WIFOM, this is it. Epi's next line 'why would I draw attention to the fact I know the identity of one of the mafia pictures if I am mafia'???

wait, if im understanding this correctly, you are saying that epi brought up the name of some obscure composer that even you dont know by sight, and then the pic of that composer appeared in one of the roles of mafia?
if i understood that correctly than wow :huh:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

He brought the picture up... after the mafia had selected it as one of their portraits.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:Aww :hugs: for sophie.

I'm not a student of classical music. I do like it and I listen to it from time to time, and Russian composers whose names end in "sky" tend to be among my favorites of all time. Favorites are Firebird, Nutcracker, and Pictures. That said:

1) Our high school marching band did Pictures at an Exhibition for many of our football games (and some assemblies). They even made T-Shirts.

2)I like me some Emerson, Lake, and Palmer. :tunes:

3) That's a very famous painting of Modest Mussorgsky, even capturing his ruddy, drunken nose.

I don't believe I used "somnambulism" in my post regarding Mussorgsky. The word I used was "dipsomaniac," in reference to the composer's drinking, not his music.

Addendum: No, Sophie.

Also, Mussorgsky = "some obscure composer." :haha:
Golden
The Coward

Re: Harry Stephen Keeler [DAY 2]

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Image
Ivan Kossakoff - The Strangler - Can silence every night.
I love the irony in this. Dipsomaniac Modest Mussorgsky as the silencer.
This post is the one I'm referring to. Oh, he said dipsomaniac! Sorry epi, I take back what I said about you saying he was somnamublating.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

And, mussorgsky is hardly obscure, but he isn't one you would normally recognise by sight. It's not like music classrooms have pictures of him, and if you learn instruments you might get a picture of the composer on their book, but Mussorgsky isn't exactly known for his solo works.

I'm not saying it makes Epi bad. I'm just saying bringing that picture up in that way is the ultimate wifom.
Sophie
The Mark

Post by Sophie »

Golden wrote:He brought the picture up... after the mafia had selected it as one of their portraits.

oh, ok, ok
so is it a very obscure writer not even a huge expert in classic music would now?

btw golden, is great you know a lot about classical music!! i loved it, but dont know a thing, would like to be one of the areas i know about, but i dont, but i love listening to that music. specially while i work cause it helps me concentrate. i just look for youtubes classic music mixes, and never really know who am i listening, but it sounds so great
Sophie
The Mark

Post by Sophie »

*not writer, musician, sorry. I was just thinking about my own area of expertisse :p
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epy, the -sky's are my favourites too. Or Russian composers generally. I had the fortune to play some Borodin recently, it was one of the more challenging works I'd played. The Russians know how to compose for percussionists.

Epi, your explanation does make sense :) at least in why you would be able to recognise him by sight.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Ricochet »

Golden wrote:

This is a masterpiece.
I can play this. :blush:

And to be pedantic, that's Ravel's orchestration of Mussorgsky's piano ouuouueuuuvre.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 99

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Thanks golden.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:Epy, the -sky's are my favourites too. Or Russian composers generally. I had the fortune to play some Borodin recently, it was one of the more challenging works I'd played. The Russians know how to compose for percussionists.

Epi, your explanation does make sense :) at least in why you would be able to recognise him by sight.
I agree! What do you play?
Sophie
The Mark

Post by Sophie »

so now you all know that mussorgsky person and i feel like an uneducated bimbo :p
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

You couldn't imply? I'm a percussionist.

My strength is tuned percussion. I like playing timpani, thats what I was playing in the Borodin last year.

Mind you, I don't exercise my percussion bones so often any more, so I'm not as good at it as I used to be.

@sophie - lol, don't worry. But come chat to me about classical music some time, and I will help you find your way to some neat composers and figure out what vibes you like best.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Ricochet wrote:
Golden wrote:

This is a masterpiece.
I can play this. :blush:

And to be pedantic, that's Ravel's orchestration of Mussorgsky's piano ouuouueuuuvre.
I can't play the youtubes at work, so I didn't check which version it was.

And I can also play it - provided I take one hand, and my sister takes the other. Lol!!! I should really practice it and learn how to do the whole thing myself.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:You couldn't imply? I'm a percussionist.
Well, in that case, I didn't imply. You did. I was supposed to infer. ;)[/ot]
Golden wrote:My strength is tuned percussion. I like playing timpani, thats what I was playing in the Borodin last year.

Mind you, I don't exercise my percussion bones so often any more, so I'm not as good at it as I used to be.
A drummer, huh. :ponder:

I got a third album coming out this year. :guitar:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

PM me about this, epi!
Sophie
The Mark

Post by Sophie »

Golden wrote:You couldn't imply? I'm a percussionist.

My strength is tuned percussion. I like playing timpani, thats what I was playing in the Borodin last year.

@sophie - lol, don't worry. But come chat to me about classical music some time, and I will help you find your way to some neat composers and figure out what vibes you like best.

oh yeas please, i usually love the usual beethoven, mozart and vivaldi, but everyone knows who they are, even my 1 year old niece. I ve heard quite a lot of Mahler too.

One of my favourites, though, is this pece. I ve heard it in a movie like 15 years ago and since then i always had it in my mp3s, ipods, phone, and it always haves this epic but also relaxing thing. Maybe you can recommend me something based on this piece?

I loooooooooove this, listen to it and bring some recommendations golden, please!
Sophie
The Mark

Post by Sophie »

that music was from this movie:

it used to be one of my favourites movies back then when i was a teenager and were so into the arsty festival type of films. Adagio for strings is even in the trailer. And in the most important part of the movie. It was used beautifully .
Sophie
The Mark

Post by Sophie »

sorry for all the offtopicism
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sophie wrote:sorry for all the offtopicism
Yeah, how will sophie ever catch up!
Sophie
The Mark

Post by Sophie »

Golden wrote:

pm then with some recommendations, i just love this kind of music, had to say something! :p :p
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 131

Post by thellama73 »

Sophie wrote: oh yeas please, i usually love the usual beethoven, mozart and vivaldi, but everyone knows who they are, even my 1 year old niece. I ve heard quite a lot of Mahler too.
Vivaldi is such a hack.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 98

Post by Zombarella »

Hi again.

Sorry I wasn't able to vote. I would have voted MM because he was for sure getting lynched and I didn't want to put my vote on the Millionaire if MM wasn't him. Which he wasn't. Sorry MM. RIP.

Juliets - I owe you a HUGE apology. I got your name mixed up with Canuklehead. You were not looking for a bandwagon. MM was suggesting that Canuck was looking for a bandwagon. I am going to look into this more.

Rabbit - I don't know what I've done that has made you so myopic about me being bad. I'm posting and reading and looking for baddies and taking notes. I don't know what more you want. I made one comment three days ago when I was upset. :dead horse:

Even if I was bad, which I'm not, there would be four other baddies out there that we would need to find. We know that you think I'm the devil. Is there anyone else that you suspect? Any other thoughts? :D
Turnip Head wrote:I for one welcome our new zombie and llama overlords. May their reign be long, and may their cases always be on point.
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Zombarella wrote:Hi again.

Sorry I wasn't able to vote. I would have voted MM because he was for sure getting lynched and I didn't want to put my vote on the Millionaire if MM wasn't him. Which he wasn't. Sorry MM. RIP.

Juliets - I owe you a HUGE apology. I got your name mixed up with Canuklehead. You were not looking for a bandwagon. MM was suggesting that Canuck was looking for a bandwagon. I am going to look into this more.

Rabbit - I don't know what I've done that has made you so myopic about me being bad. I'm posting and reading and looking for baddies and taking notes. I don't know what more you want. I made one comment three days ago when I was upset. :dead horse:

Even if I was bad, which I'm not, there would be four other baddies out there that we would need to find. We know that you think I'm the devil. Is there anyone else that you suspect? Any other thoughts? :D

Yes, I have other thoughts.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Golden wrote:
Exactly! Not very fair to her is it.

Given how the vote went down and everything that happened, I probably still would have voted Zomba had I been able to vote. The poll ending time is really awkward for me (and the new one for tonight still is), so I'll try not to. Although if it doesn't change, in some cases I might have to vote well over 24 hours before some lynches end. We will see though.

Currently though, I am still looking at Zomba. I am also feeling much, MUCH less good about both TH and Epig. I think there's a good chance they played their cards right to get BF lynched and set up MM for the following lynch. Not really sure if the Mussorgsky thing means anything yet, but if it does, that's one of the best pieces of WIFOM I've ever seen anyone play.

Lots of linki
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Rabbit, you have myopic focus, and you are beating a dead horse.

Your transition to playing a golden-like game is complete. Congrats!
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Golden wrote:

Given how the vote went down and everything that happened, I probably still would have voted Zomba had I been able to vote. The poll ending time is really awkward for me (and the new one for tonight still is), so I'll try not to. Although if it doesn't change, in some cases I might have to vote well over 24 hours before some lynches end. We will see though.

Currently though, I am still looking at Zomba. I am also feeling much, MUCH less good about both TH and Epig. I think there's a good chance they played their cards right to get BF lynched and set up MM for the following lynch. Not really sure if the Mussorgsky thing means anything yet, but if it does, that's one of the best pieces of WIFOM I've ever seen anyone play.

Lots of linki
Is this because I suspected you at first or because of that comment I made? Why are you and Rabbit so sure I'm bad? Am I just an easy target at this point?
Turnip Head wrote:I for one welcome our new zombie and llama overlords. May their reign be long, and may their cases always be on point.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Zombs, I have to say, I think you are playing... differently.

Differently to Death Note. Differently to RR too. So I dunno what it means. Perhaps it just means you still feel on the defensive from what happened on day 1.

Not sure why the case on TH. He has looked pretty genuine in his suspicions, to me. I had the sense that he really believed he had caught a baddie with MM. I don't really get that one. I don't think he and Epi have btsc, and certainly not baddie btsc (why would they betray it by both going after MM so hard together?)
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Golden wrote:Rabbit, you have myopic focus, and you are beating a dead horse.

:workit:
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

Golden wrote:Rabbit, you have myopic focus, and you are beating a dead horse.

Golden, I'm glad you are back. I feel bad that MM died. I'm currently re-reading his voters to see if there are any connections.

linki - I am playing differently. During Death Note I was a civ that hadn't ever been on a baddie team with BTSC so I was much more reckless and unknowing of the scheming and backstabbing that goes on behind the scenes on baddie teams. During RR I was bad and I had BTSC and I was the one doing the scheming. Now that I'm back civ again, I'm trying to be a little more careful. And yes, I'm also still defensive about the BF and the will, and I'm paranoid about people trying to be my friend, and yesterday (like you) my actions were limited. So, yes, I'm different. But not bad. Just learning how to play better. Does that make sense?
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Zombarella wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Golden wrote:

Lots of linki
Is this because I suspected you at first or because of that comment I made? Why are you and Rabbit so sure I'm bad? Am I just an easy target at this point?

So easy MM was lynched.

:clap:

Return to “Previous Jobs”