The Host (Host/Mod/Dead/NP)
58%

Total votes: 12
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 452

Re: Harry Stephen Keeler [NIGHT 2]

Post by S~V~S »

LizKeen wrote:I'm so very sorry I missed today. My kids are on spring break and I was just epically busy today and I left without my cell phone so I missed the vote. TBH, I'm not sure how I would have voted as anything I said about SVS doesn't seem to hold water with anyone else but at the same time I warned about an easy lynch target so I wouldn't have voted MM either. I've spent the last 2+ hours just catching up on today and making notes.

Current thoughts highlighted:

S~V~S wrote:And I believe Zomba could be bad, too. But the thread went this way :shrug: I was hoping to get a thread consensus before people started voting. I would have been OK with a Zomba lynch, too.
Why didn't you say this before people started voting?
Um, I did. I made it clear that until the case on MM was made, that Zomba was my major suspect. I was starting to build up on her, in the thread, after she basically misconstrued my take on the will into a support of her when it was no such thing.

If you mean the part about getting a consensus, I did say so:
S~V~S wrote:
I am going to suggest that no one vote for MM unless we seem to have a majority consensus to do so. Isolate him, as it were. I don't mind keeping him around for a while. I like jokes and banter as much as the next person.
Then someone started voting before that happened.
LizKeen wrote:
rabbit8 wrote::shrug:

I want to hear why she suspects me before I say anything bad about her. I don't want the No U argument thrown in my face. She suspected me, I want to know why.
Rabbit, it's going to be tomorrow night before I start in with suspects again because I want to have all the info I can before I start working on it. This game is so epically time-consuming. (Speaking of which could discussion of sports and music be put in O/T green so we know it's not game related? Lest I start inundating the thread with youtube vidoes of my current favorite singer, Hozier. :smile:
This confuses me; you can't give rabbit a tl;dr? A quick synopsis? Oh wait, he said he suspected you but won't say why until he knows why YOU suspect him? And you're going to make him wait on that answer? Seems legit.

Also, yesterday I asked you this re my case on BF, and what was "odd" about it:
Can you expound on this? What was odd about it? That I was wrong? You're never wrong in Mafia? I hung my ass over the ledge out there over that becasue I was sure I was right. Wrong bad SVS (and tbh wrong bad ANYBODY) does not go balls to the walls on Day One for someone whose role they don't know who is not personally a threat to them.

Seriously, what about "the way" I suspected him is off to you?
And I really want to know why it was off (other than him ending up a civvie. But he knew what he was looking at, more than once, he called me "misguided"). Which reminds me, I saw that you said your suspect list was based on who BF suspected (although you apparently used who voted for him as well? ). He did not suspect me, he thought I was misguided. Which I assuredly was. And apparently still am.

I look forward to your other cases, and hope you don't keep Rabbit waiting too long :)
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
LizKeen
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 117

Post by LizKeen »

I'm voting Randolph Street because it's closer to the courthouse and city hall.
Golden wrote:.I had no idea epi would have the same person in mind to talk about, although that was quite funny.
Not to me. :fist:

SVS, I can see now where it is causing a bit of confusion. My original intention had been to go look at who bf was suspicious of, but then I got sidetracked by people who had voted him as well. The thing I found odd was it seemed like you were looking for a reason not to vote bf and then you 180'd.

I don't know what tl;dr means. I would have done it last night if I hadn't already spent an inordinate amount of time on the last 8 pages. If rabbit wants to go ahead and say why he suspects me he should go ahead, I won't No U him, as I won't be able to post again until well after the night post.

More lost than Oceanic Air Flight 815
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 111

Post by fingersplints »

Tl;dr= too long; didn't read
Gro-oo-ovy
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 294

Post by rabbit8 »

I never said I suspect Liz. I said I don't want to say anything bad about her. Golden asked what I think about her but I did not want to respond because she had accused me. Though she accused me and keeps putting off why. But her throwing out names then not giving any reasons is odd. I've seen that tactic used before. I was hoping to see where she was coming from and wanted to approach what she said without a tainted view.

Nothing she has done has screamed bad to me other than saying she will do this or that then not doing it. How hard is it to actually give reasons, even lame ones you can expand upon later when you have more time?

I don't know. Her story about the earphones is strange though. Now she is changing her story too. :shrug:

I think Zomba is bad. I also think these low posters are annoying.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 234
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

So, do you think that LizKeen said the Eartubes thing about Zomba in order to deflect suspicion from her, because they're baddie teammates?

If so, do you think TH is a baddie teammate of Zomba, because he defended her?
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 244
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I'd like to stay on 22nd, near the police.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Long Con wrote:So, do you think that LizKeen said the Eartubes thing about Zomba in order to deflect suspicion from her, because they're baddie teammates?

:shrug2: I don't know about TH being her teammate.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Fun fact: Currently, A Person has only one post for every 178 posts in the thread!
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 179

Post by Black Rock »

I voted for 22nd street.
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 125

Post by Bullzeye »

I voted for Clark Street pretty much randomly.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 267
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Long Con wrote:So, do you think that LizKeen said the Eartubes thing about Zomba in order to deflect suspicion from her, because they're baddie teammates?

Do you think that?
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Turnip Head wrote:

Do you think that?

Not sure why he is playing coy. If he thinks you're bad I think he should come out and say it. :|
Long Con
So Divine

Re: Harry Stephen Keeler [DAY 2]

Post by Long Con »

LizKeen wrote:I'm guessing SVS's will wasn't stolen because they were too busy stealing my ear tubes. But not before I overheard something. I don't know much but my advice today would be: Zombarella - be very careful who you put your vote on today. And everyone should be on the lookout for easy lynches.
Liz, you overhead a piece of BTSC, and this is a very vague, Oracle-like interpretation... is there any way that you could offer another angle on this BTSC? Have another look at what you received?

"everyone should be on the lookout for easy lynches"... can you explain how you got that conclusion from looking at a BTSC scrap? Was there two people talking, or three? Was there a "baddie plan" being discussed in which the goal was to swing things to an easy lynch target? Did they name Metalmarsh as the target? I just feel like you could be less vague, and stay well within the rules.

It is definitely Zombarella game so far, being dragged into the spotlight twice against her Will ( ;) )... in your opinion, was Zombarella "careful" in her vote? Did she heed the vague advice, or disregard it? :omg:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

rabbit8 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:

Do you think that?

Not sure why he is playing coy. If he thinks you're bad I think he should come out and say it. :|
It was more informative to me to find out what someone else thinks, rather than just blurting into the thread what I think. I think I've said it before, I don't think TH is a baddie. I do think Epignosis is one.
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

OK. I'm not sold on TH one way or the other right now.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 131

Post by thellama73 »

Still waiting on 3 PMs.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Long Con wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:

Do you think that?

It was more informative to me to find out what someone else thinks, rather than just blurting into the thread what I think. I think I've said it before, I don't think TH is a baddie. I do think Epignosis is one.
what about for the rest of us? it's informative for us to know what you think as well

I think TH is alright. I don't have any take on Epi atm
Gro-oo-ovy
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 268

Post by Epignosis »

I'm afraid Golden scooped me on some things I wanted to say. Benefit of the waking hour, I suppose. If any of this is redundant, oh well. :meany:
LizKeen wrote:Is there usually this much requoting in Syndicate games? I'm really wondering if it's a mafia tactic just to be a massive distraction. If so then you're doing well.
The Legend of Zelda was an active game: With all the quoting and "requoting" present in it, I don't understand how LizKeen could consider this a Mafia tactic "in Syndicate games." This is a self-defeating thing to say: If there usually is this much requoting in Syndicate games (and a cursory glance at past games, including the one LizKeen was actually in, shows this to be the case), then how can anyone label it a mafia tactic? How many Mafia are there in this game? Surely there are more than five people making extensive use of the quote feature.
LizKeen wrote:I'm going back and re-reading (a task I dread) everyone bf was suspicious of so he won't have died in vain. The mafia would have most definitely wanted him so and I'd say there's at least one if not more of you in those 8 votes. Black Rock is off the hook obviously and I'm giving Zomb the benefit of the doubt now so that at least narrows it down to 6 for me.
Of the six left, LizKeen selected four, but so far has only been able to publish her opinion of S~V~S.
LizKeen wrote:No, before. I put it out there because as I no longer have it that is probably the most useful info I will have. I thought mafia had stolen it but I see that is not one of their abilities so I can assume it's in the hands of the celestials.

I have been rereading since my last post and had several posts I had quoted and commented on up to page 15 and then screwed up and lost it all. :sigh: I'll have to start again tomorrow. :pout: Based on what I had reread I would say my current suspicions are SVS, rabbit, LongCon and Vompatti. But I'll have to go into that further tomorrow because it's really late and I'm tired.
I thought LizKeen's large case on S~V~S (something I have never seen her do) was weak, reaching, and misrepresented a number of things, not the least of which was S~V~S not voting blindfaeth right away and then deciding to vote for him much later.
LizKeen wrote:Also, fingersplints, you just seem to keep floating in and out making brief comments. I know you're busy, but you were far more vocal in the Zelda game when you were civvie. I'd like to get some others players thoughts on you since I don't have a plethora of past history to go on.
LizKeen has The Legend of Zelda game in mind as she is participating in this one. Look at fingersplints' posts in that game. You know what I see a lot of? Quoting and "requoting." fingersplints, whom LizKeen acknowledges was a civilian in LoZ, was doing something LizKeen was thinking just a few posts prior could be a Mafia tactic.
LizKeen wrote:MM could be bad, I'm just a little scared to put a vote there since I know (and said in an earlier post) that the mafia was going to go after an easy lynch today. On the other hand I previously said it looked like SVS was trying to avert lynching MM and if she would turn out to be bad then it would seem she's trying to help a teammate. Whichever way MM flips is going to be very telling.
If LizKeen is bad, then she already knows what the Mafia are planning to do. The underlined strikes me as trying to appear helpful without actually saying anything of substance. "The Mafia was going to go after an easy lynch today." Well, wow- do Mafia often make it their thing to go for the hard lynches? And what are easy lynches anyway?

What's even more bizarre is that LizKeen voted for Zomberella on Day 1, her reasoning being that Zomberella had outed herself somehow (outed herself as what, precisely?); yet on Day 2, LizKeen gives Zomberella this ominous warning to be careful where she votes, and that everyone should be on the lookout for easy lynches. MM got lynched almost unanimously, so what were we supposed to be looking out for?

To top it off? Both LizKeen and Zomberella missed the vote. I guess that's one way to avoid an easy lynch. :evileye:

***Some of the quotes pulled in this post I trimmed for relevancy.***
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 222

Post by Dom »

rabbit8 wrote:OK. I'm not sold on TH one way or the other right now.
Do you expect to be?
Epignosis wrote:I'm afraid Golden scooped me on some things I wanted to say. Benefit of the waking hour, I suppose. If any of this is redundant, oh well. :meany:
LizKeen wrote:Is there usually this much requoting in Syndicate games? I'm really wondering if it's a mafia tactic just to be a massive distraction. If so then you're doing well.
The Legend of Zelda was an active game: With all the quoting and "requoting" present in it, I don't understand how LizKeen could consider this a Mafia tactic "in Syndicate games." This is a self-defeating thing to say: If there usually is this much requoting in Syndicate games (and a cursory glance at past games, including the one LizKeen was actually in, shows this to be the case), then how can anyone label it a mafia tactic? How many Mafia are there in this game? Surely there are more than five people making extensive use of the quote feature.
LizKeen wrote:I'm going back and re-reading (a task I dread) everyone bf was suspicious of so he won't have died in vain. The mafia would have most definitely wanted him so and I'd say there's at least one if not more of you in those 8 votes. Black Rock is off the hook obviously and I'm giving Zomb the benefit of the doubt now so that at least narrows it down to 6 for me.
Of the six left, LizKeen selected four, but so far has only been able to publish her opinion of S~V~S.
LizKeen wrote:No, before. I put it out there because as I no longer have it that is probably the most useful info I will have. I thought mafia had stolen it but I see that is not one of their abilities so I can assume it's in the hands of the celestials.

I have been rereading since my last post and had several posts I had quoted and commented on up to page 15 and then screwed up and lost it all. :sigh: I'll have to start again tomorrow. :pout: Based on what I had reread I would say my current suspicions are SVS, rabbit, LongCon and Vompatti. But I'll have to go into that further tomorrow because it's really late and I'm tired.
I thought LizKeen's large case on S~V~S (something I have never seen her do) was weak, reaching, and misrepresented a number of things, not the least of which was S~V~S not voting blindfaeth right away and then deciding to vote for him much later.
LizKeen wrote:Also, fingersplints, you just seem to keep floating in and out making brief comments. I know you're busy, but you were far more vocal in the Zelda game when you were civvie. I'd like to get some others players thoughts on you since I don't have a plethora of past history to go on.
LizKeen has The Legend of Zelda game in mind as she is participating in this one. Look at fingersplints' posts in that game. You know what I see a lot of? Quoting and "requoting." fingersplints, whom LizKeen acknowledges was a civilian in LoZ, was doing something LizKeen was thinking just a few posts prior could be a Mafia tactic.
LizKeen wrote:MM could be bad, I'm just a little scared to put a vote there since I know (and said in an earlier post) that the mafia was going to go after an easy lynch today. On the other hand I previously said it looked like SVS was trying to avert lynching MM and if she would turn out to be bad then it would seem she's trying to help a teammate. Whichever way MM flips is going to be very telling.
If LizKeen is bad, then she already knows what the Mafia are planning to do. The underlined strikes me as trying to appear helpful without actually saying anything of substance. "The Mafia was going to go after an easy lynch today." Well, wow- do Mafia often make it their thing to go for the hard lynches? And what are easy lynches anyway?

What's even more bizarre is that LizKeen voted for Zomberella on Day 1, her reasoning being that Zomberella had outed herself somehow (outed herself as what, precisely?); yet on Day 2, LizKeen gives Zomberella this ominous warning to be careful where she votes, and that everyone should be on the lookout for easy lynches. MM got lynched almost unanimously, so what were we supposed to be looking out for?

To top it off? Both LizKeen and Zomberella missed the vote. I guess that's one way to avoid an easy lynch. :evileye:

***Some of the quotes pulled in this post I trimmed for relevancy.***
I have to reread Golden's post, but I'm incline to agree.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I take it back. I'm feeling alright about Epi too
I think some great points have been made about Liz. I don't agree on her case on SVS at all, and I felt she was subtly trying to stir up suspicion on me, so I wasn't feeling great about her. but this has definitely given me things to think about :nicenod:
Gro-oo-ovy
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 125

Post by Bullzeye »

Epignosis wrote:I'm afraid Golden scooped me on some things I wanted to say. Benefit of the waking hour, I suppose. If any of this is redundant, oh well. :meany:
I brought up this post aaaages ago and got no response, so hopefully she replies to you. I'd still like to know why she asked that question...
Sophie
The Mark
Posts in topic: 95

Post by Sophie »

Im here catching up but gotta go to the uni soon. Will be here with more time at night
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 260

Post by Golden »

Epi, I gave you first dibs! It's not my fault you live in a place that would have required you to be up unsustainably late to beat me.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Of course not, Dom.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

The two cases on LizKeen seem sound but I want to see her responses to both before making any decisions.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Lots for LizKeen to respond to.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

fingersplints wrote:
Long Con wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:

Do you think that?

what about for the rest of us? it's informative for us to know what you think as well
:ponder:
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 63

Post by Elohcin »

This has been a very interesting night. I don't have much to add now but I am looking forward to what the day brings.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Elohcin wrote:This has been a very interesting night. I don't have much to add now but I am looking forward to what the day brings.

You have not had much to add all game. :ponder:
thellama73
Supatown

Re: Harry Stephen Keeler Polls

Post by thellama73 »

Where to, Mac?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:26:51 pm

Clark St.
fingersplints (4), Bass_the_Clever (10), Zombarella (12), Bullzeye (20)
19%

Dearborn St.
Vompatti (6)
5%

Michigan Ave.
Epignosis (7), Long Con (9), A Person (13), Turnip Head (14), birdwithteeth11 (15)
24%

Randolph St.
Canucklehead (5), LizKeen (16)
10%

State St.
Dom (17), rabbit8 (21)
10%

Van Buren St.
No votes

Wabash Ave.
S~V~S (11)
5%

22nd St.
Golden (3), Elohcin (8), juliets (18), Black Rock (19)
19%

Live with Wah Hung Fung forever as his personal butler (Host/Mod/Dead/NP)
Metalmarsh89 (1), thellama73 (2)
10%

Total votes : 21
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I am looking forward to today :)
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Day 3

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Rl fckng rgnl crs.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Hooray for no death :grin:
Golden
The Coward

Re: Harry Stephen Keeler [DAY 3]

Post by Golden »

Hooray for no PM telling me I'm silenced.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:Rl fckng rgnl crs.
Watch out epi. Every vowel could be a vote. That would be original.

(real f**ing original curse)
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 369
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dang, llama voted before me this time.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Golden wrote:Hooray for no PM telling me I'm silenced.
Well someone got that PM. Let's keep an eye out.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

rabbit8 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:This has been a very interesting night. I don't have much to add now but I am looking forward to what the day brings.

I've done a piss poor job that past two games I was in so I am taking more of an observant approach this time around - a thinker more than a doer. However, when something suspicious sticks out, I will give my input.

Yay for no kill last night. XD

Linki: haha Epi! Not that you're cursed, but that your idea was stolen. At least we can understand you with this curse and you can still get your points across.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Also, not sure whose will that is in the paper. I still have Zombas will :)
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:

I've done a piss poor job that past two games I was in so I am taking more of an observant approach this time around - a thinker more than a doer. However, when something suspicious sticks out, I will give my input.

Yay for no kill last night. XD

Linki: haha Epi! Not that you're cursed, but that your idea was stolen. At least we can understand you with this curse and you can still get your points across.
Lgh t p.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

and it looks like the poetry guy hasn't been sending in pms.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:
Lgh t p.
Laugh it up, fuzzball.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Epignosis wrote:
Lgh t p.
I'm trying, I'm trying! 10 more lbs to go. The goal is in sight!
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Lgh t p.
I'm trying, I'm trying! 10 more lbs to go. The goal is in sight!
:evileye:
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I'm not bad, if that's what you're thinking.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote:I'm not bad, if that's what you're thinking.
Dsn't m wf ndrstnd nglsh? :disappoint:
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Epignosis wrote:
Elohcin wrote:I'm not bad, if that's what you're thinking.
Dsn't m wf ndrstnd nglsh? :disappoint:
OOOHHH! Sorry, I did read it wrong, sorry. Vowel thing.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Long Con and rabbit are you both able to talk today?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sophie
The Mark
Posts in topic: 95

Post by Sophie »

Yay!no one died