Total votes: 12
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 244
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: Harry Stephen Keeler [DAY 8]

Post by juliets »

rabbit8 wrote:One other thing I fell like JC as been getting a free pass. She has been jumping on every bandwagon, almost.

She voted for MM day 1, BF was lynched bandwagon style. She voted MM day 2, bandwagon. She jumped to vote Vomps over Zomba. She voted Epi after Bullz and it looked like Epi was getting lynched at that point.

Not to good looking. But I think we could find baddie things about everyone, me included since we have sucked as town.

I want more discussion even if you're accusing me people. :)
Oh I missed this. What is wrong with voting Epi again? He was bad. I did vote MM twice as I remember it and as you say because I thought he was bad. Also, I don't vote early so in most cases there are going to be votes on people before I vote them. And you are right, we could pick just about anyone and complain about their votes.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 294

Post by rabbit8 »

juliets wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:One other thing I fell like JC as been getting a free pass. She has been jumping on every bandwagon, almost.

She voted for MM day 1, BF was lynched bandwagon style. She voted MM day 2, bandwagon. She jumped to vote Vomps over Zomba. She voted Epi after Bullz and it looked like Epi was getting lynched at that point.

Not to good looking. But I think we could find baddie things about everyone, me included since we have sucked as town.

Oh I missed this. What is wrong with voting Epi again? He was bad. I did vote MM twice as I remember it and as you say because I thought he was bad. Also, I don't vote early so in most cases there are going to be votes on people before I vote them. And you are right, we could pick just about anyone and complain about their votes.

Yes, so I would like people to please try to look at things today. I admittedly lazily went ahead and voted Eloh last lynch. IT WAS LAZINESS. I'm ashamed of my performance this game. I plan to change this. I encourage all the people who want to lynch baddies to contribute as much as possible.

I looked at bulls and JC because I do believe SVSs role hinting. Of the players who are not Canuck Vomps and DF, you two are the most suspicious to me right now. IMO (IN MY OPINION, Bullz, :p)

It sucks that Vomps and Canuck are basically not playing. But I still believe Canuck is a baddie. At least DF has tried, I await more thoughts from him today. But in all honesty, it doesn't look like a civvie thing for him coming back. Unless its a baddie set up. :shrug:
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

juliets wrote:

Yes, so I would like people to please try to look at things today. I admittedly lazily went ahead and voted Eloh last lynch. IT WAS LAZINESS. I'm ashamed of my performance this game. I plan to change this. I encourage all the people who want to lynch baddies to contribute as much as possible.

I looked at bulls and JC because I do believe SVSs role hinting. Of the players who are not Canuck Vomps and DF, you two are the most suspicious to me right now. IMO (IN MY OPINION, Bullz, :p)

It sucks that Vomps and Canuck are basically not playing. But I still believe Canuck is a baddie. At least DF has tried, I await more thoughts from him today. But in all honesty, it doesn't look like a civvie thing for him coming back. Unless its a baddie set up. :shrug:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I'm not sure why you think I'm bad over Canuck when you say in your post you think she is bad. Or DF which you say in all honesty you think he is bad. Is it my voting record or what that puts me above them?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

juliets wrote:I'm not sure why you think I'm bad over Canuck when you say in your post you think she is bad. Or DF which you say in all honesty you think he is bad. Is it my voting record or what that puts me above them?

Not what I'm saying. I'm saying you actually post and try to contribute. Those 3 I don't think have been trying very hard. Though DF has at least posted some opinions. I think 1 or two of them could be bad. I really doubt all of them are bad. It's going to be hit or miss with low posters this late in the game. Like with Eloh.

I'm saying of all the votes I went through last night and this morning you and Bullz looked the most suspicious to me.

Then there is Vomps there who might be bad. It would add more to my case on Bullz if Vomps is bad in fact. Because then voting for EPI when the votes for Vomps and Zomba coming in would make his defense about that situation absurd. If Bullz knew both Vomps and Zomba where bad and voted for Epi who tied it up that would be something I would admire because of the way the game has gone down since then.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 125

Post by Bullzeye »

Okay so this post may end up being split a few times but it marks the beginning of me looking over everyone's posts. These will be very quick readthroughs, and I'll go back to people I actually find suspicious later. I will start, since he's first alphabetically, with...
Bass
I generally think Bass is a civ. Not based on his posts, just on the facts. He and MM switched roles. We know MM wasn't bad, or he wouldn't have been NKed. Therefore it just makes sense in my mind that Bass is probably a civ too since I doubt Llama would switch a civ with a baddie. I do feel like he just goes with the flow a bit too much though. It would be nice to generally hear more from him.
BWT
BWT got called out by the poet in one of the night posts, so clearly someone thinks he's bad. He did go after Zomba a bit, but that could easily be distancing. He actually becomes much quieter after she died, he voted Epi too but hadn't really mentioned him for a long time before his vote. After Epi's lynch he said:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:Yay! I highly suspect this was another lynch where the baddies piled on a teammate once he was a lost cause.
But it feels like he could easily be referring to himself in that. He feels really blendy, hasn't really put himself out there much at all since Zomb died. I dunno, I definitely see why someone might feel off about him. I feel like he's been trying to keep under the radar a little.
Black Rock
Disregarded her day/night 1 stuff since she was clearly a civ at that point. She always seemed very sure Zomba was bad, and also found the case on Epi "compelling". She's also one of the few people to catch on to what I've seen regarding SVS. I'm not super sure, but I think her voting/suspicion record is pretty good and she seems genuine enough.
Canucklehead
She has 87 posts. That actually surprised me because off the top of my head I can't really remember anything she's said. Missed the first two votes despite the fact that more than half of her posts occurred before day 3. She also voted for Vomp over Zomb during her lynch - possible save attempt? She did later vote for Epi, but in doing so also suggested Liz was probably the millionaire - her only post on day 6 was a reiteration of this point in support of her vote. I empathise with the exam season and everything, but blendy players are blendy and potential baddies.
DFaraday
I pretty much forgot he was playing. Then he died. Now he's back. I don't know what to make of that but I think a secret rezz is more likely to be a civ than a baddie secret in a game with one mafia team. There's not an awful lot else to say. I did think his jumping on to the Liz case was a bit odd. No idea what I think of him really.
Dom
I never know what to think of Dom. I usually suspect him or go after him just to stop him from hounding me. I had felt like his relentless pursuit of SVS was getting a bit suspect, but at least he admits to having tunnel vision (which I think I often find suspicious anyway). I think a lot of the things he's had to say have made good sense. I would like to hear his views on people who aren't called SVS, since even if she is bad she has teammates. I guess he thinks TH is one but who is the other?
Juliets
Seems to go with the flow quite a bit. She voted Vomp after canvassing for opinions on Zomb and seeming to defend her a little. She was accused of lying about her book but I feel like she was telling the truth. It was given to me in exchange for my key, and the key is only useful to thieves as I said when I revealed I'd put it up for auction. It can't actually be used to curse people though. It just describes the fact that a 'Yes' curse exists. I'm not too sure how I feel about her but I don't necessarily think she's bad at this point in time.

I'm pausing this here because it's taken me over an hour and a half so far and I have to pop out to do some checks since my residence support shift has now started. Will be back to talk about the last four shortly.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 179

Post by Black Rock »

Holy crap, this thread has picked up. Unfortunately I am super busy for the next two days and will likely have to vote early because I am a banquet tomorrow. I am just stopping in for now but I'll give the thread a proper read later.

Today I will be looking at Canuck, BWT and this Bullz case. All three of these players I have had no read one way or the other.
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Back in my room now to continue the list. We now come to three people who talk far too much, and Vomp. This post is going to be quite boring as I don't think any of them are baddies. First off we have...
Rabbit
I'm seeing him as civ. Not really that familiar with Rabbit, but he has made a few interesting observations and decent points. There are times though where he seems like he wants to lynch basically everyone.
SVS
If you aren't sure what I think of SVS, you haven't been paying attention. I doubt she's bad.
TH
I've had doubts about TH early on, he was part of a group that I thought probably contained at least one baddie (and I was right! Epi was in that group). Since then he hasn't always been spot on with his suspects, but then none of us are perfect. At this point I'd be surprised if he came back bad.
Vompatti
I'm not even going to bother looking through his posts. I'm sure everyone knows what I think about Vomp. If he was bad, Epi wouldn't have tied the lynch between him and Zomb.

So that's everyone.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 267
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Bullzeye wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:Zomba was getting lynched. You knew this. You can look like a dumb civvie and distance yourself from Epi at the same time. Then when you try to help Epi out later it does not look so bad.
Voting Vomp would've been the better way to protect one of my teammates. When I want to save someone, I save them properly.
That would have immediately rang false though. You have defended Vomp through most of the game. A sudden vote for him would look pretty suspicious.

Still processing the rest of your defense. I did like your analysis of all the remaining players, Bullz. Outside of the case against you, I'm looking at BWT the most. He's got the blendy, mistake-free gameplan down pat. He hasn't really brought many of his own ideas to the table; most of his contributions are echos. Although he and Dom are the only ones currently still pursuing SVS, which again, I'm not sure that would be a savvy baddie move to make at this point in time.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Turnip Head wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:Zomba was getting lynched. You knew this. You can look like a dumb civvie and distance yourself from Epi at the same time. Then when you try to help Epi out later it does not look so bad.
Voting Vomp would've been the better way to protect one of my teammates. When I want to save someone, I save them properly.
That would have immediately rang false though. You have defended Vomp through most of the game. A sudden vote for him would look pretty suspicious.

Still processing the rest of your defense. I did like your analysis of all the remaining players, Bullz. Outside of the case against you, I'm looking at BWT the most. He's got the blendy, mistake-free gameplan down pat. He hasn't really brought many of his own ideas to the table; most of his contributions are echos. Although he and Dom are the only ones currently still pursuing SVS, which again, I'm not sure that would be a savvy baddie move to make at this point in time.
I don't think I really started defending Vomp until during/after the time he almost got lynched. As a baddie, I could've not bothered to say I don't think he's bad, and lynched him instead. I do agree with you about BWT, though I was considering a vote on Canuck tbh. She's much the same as BWT.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 92

Post by Canucklehead »

Guys, I'm not bad. I admit I'm not really playing and am completely useless, but I'm not bad.
My sole usefulness right now is that I am a civ number. If you're feeling confident about numbers, than voting me would be fine and I would understand, but if you're worried about numbers, you should keep me around. I am a civ. I haven't asked to be replaced b/c I honestly haven't gotten around to it and I felt bad that there were so many replacements already.

And Bullz, it's not "exam season" I'm dealing with. It is my qualifying comprehensive exams, which is the last step in my PhD program before I begin writing my dissertation. I have two twelve hour written exams and a two hour oral exam in the next 13 days. I apologize if I didn't make that clear earlier, but this game is honestly at the bottom of my priority list right now. Sorry, llama. Sorry, players. But thems the facts.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

I will vote today for whomever SVS votes for. :shrug:
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Turnip Head wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:

But are we actually looking for savvy baddies. I'm starting to get the feeling we have been looking for baddies in the wrong way. I think maybe we are trying to hard and they are just not very savvy and we look like fools....
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 95

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Sorry for the quick post. But I won't be around much today. Going to try and catch up a bit, but I have a few errands to run and I'm going to the Reds game tonight with some friends, so I probably won't be back until tomorrow morning.

rabbit, I'll read up on your stuff with Bullz. I'm also going to check on SVS one more time to see if I can see what several other people claim to be seeing with her. Because I'm still not yet.

I think I'm confused on Canuck now though. Her post just above about being busy, and then saying she's going to vote for whomever SVS votes for? Especially after a post like this:
Canucklehead wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:
Golden wrote:@elo - may as well own up to the truth. I spent the last few hours trying very hard to win hearts and minds to voting vomps to save zombs.

Frankly, I'm ok with being lynched tomorrow because of it, if thats how it goes down.
Fwiw, I changed my mind about Zombs because of SVS, not you :p ;)
Actually, I changed my mind becasue of him :pout.
I literally do not think I have said anything to/about SVS this game that she hasn't immediately contradicted....even innocuous non-accusatory stuff like this :haha:
Do I smell bad, SVS? Why won't you let me be your friend? :puppy:
I thought it might be because Canuck trusts SVS, but idk if that's actually the case or not. :shurg:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

bwt maybe canuck caught on to SVS's hints since she wrote that post. I also have not caught onto them unless something I just read going over Bullz was one of the hints. If so, I'm concerned. I don't suppose there is anyone else out there who ran across one of her hints while going over his posts is there? If so speak up. Otherwise I need to read her full way through, though Bullz I think said the hints are in the sophie section and splints lynch (please correct me if this is not true Bullz).

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

juliets wrote:bwt maybe canuck caught on to SVS's hints since she wrote that post. I also have not caught onto them unless something I just read going over Bullz was one of the hints. If so, I'm concerned. I don't suppose there is anyone else out there who ran across one of her hints while going over his posts is there? If so speak up. Otherwise I need to read her full way through, though Bullz I think said the hints are in the sophie section and splints lynch (please correct me if this is not true Bullz).

FS was claiming SVS was civvie before her death. She was hinting very hard for SVS who in turn also hinted some.

I would find it very odd if SVS was a baddie at this point. AND I WANT TO LYNCH HER SO BAD!!!!! :grin:
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Not necessarily a civvie JC. But more like an Indy, if you catch my meaning. :p
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

OK rabbit that helps me out tremendously. The role i thought she was claiming was not an indy role so I am wrong to be concerned. I carry on trusting that she's not a baddie.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 452

Post by S~V~S »

rabbit8 wrote:
juliets wrote:bwt maybe canuck caught on to SVS's hints since she wrote that post. I also have not caught onto them unless something I just read going over Bullz was one of the hints. If so, I'm concerned. I don't suppose there is anyone else out there who ran across one of her hints while going over his posts is there? If so speak up. Otherwise I need to read her full way through, though Bullz I think said the hints are in the sophie section and splints lynch (please correct me if this is not true Bullz).

FS was claiming SVS was civvie before her death. She was hinting very hard for SVS who in turn also hinted some.

I would find it very odd if SVS was a baddie at this point. AND I WANT TO LYNCH HER SO BAD!!!!! :grin:

:daisy:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Canucklehead wrote:I will vote today for whomever SVS votes for. :shrug:
I am considering a last minute vote for you, so maybe you should get a different plan :)
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

S~V~S wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:I will vote today for whomever SVS votes for. :shrug:
I am considering a last minute vote for you, so maybe you should get a different plan :)

:wtf:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

She has no opinion of anyone? It doesn't matter to her who I vote for, she's just gonna follow it? With my stellar record of suspecting civvies?

Maybe I will vote for her, that was a pretty suspect thing to say, imo. Or maybe I won't but I probably will wait until the end just to make her be accountable for her own vote.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

I can't be accountable with my own vote because I haven't read the thread closely enough to have an opinion on anyone except you and will not do so before tomorrow evening.
I am willing to follow your vote because, as you frequently note, you've been pretty obvious with hint dropping, and someone was kind enough to requote those, and I'm choosing to believe those hints. If you'd prefer I use my own brain randomize, cool. My randomometer will probably land on Vompatti. But that's actually surprising to me that you are averse to people following your lead, when you've been so diligent in making sure people know your alignment. :shrug: Why role hint if you don't want to use your hints to gain influence in the thread?
If you want to vote for me, totally fine. I get it, I really do. Like I've repeatedly said, I'm not really playing and am only useful to the civs as a number. If you honestly don't want my vote to go where you suggest/want to put your vote on me, fine. But let me know now so that I can vote and not worry about checking into the thread tomorrow. :)

(I get it if you're just trying to spur me into more participation......but that's really a dead end. Sorry. :( )
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

The point of why I did what I did is something for post game. It was more to protect others than to give anyone direction. I let a lynch on a civvie on Day One, I had to be wrenched away from trusting the two baddies we did lynch. And I am fairly sure I have voted for every lynched civ.

So if you are looking to follow someone follow Rabbit, he makes more sense than I do. Or maybe follow TH, he has a cooler head than I do and actually thinks before he says things. :haha:

But seriously, I am not the person to follow.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

And I am fairly sure you did follow the thread while lots of that stuff was going on, it has been the past week or so that you have been afk more often, right?

Honestly, just saying you want to follow me was like a :huh: moment for me. Randomize rather than follow me.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

And since I plan to vote near the deadline, you might as well do that earlier rather than later.

Sorry for all the posts. Long week, tons of distractions.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I see that Vomps has rather predictably voted TH.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

Okely dokely. I will go ahead and vote Vomps.
Sorry, all.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Just waiting on dinner and thought I'd check in. I do not like the sudden suck up to SVS from Canuck. I understand she is busy but I have honestly heard that before from baddies. It just seemed like she was attaching to SVS so SVS won't suspect her. I've seen better game play from Canuck.
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

My thoughts on those alive so far.

Bass_the_Clever - civvie
birdwithteeth11 - Not sure - I don't trust him right now
Black Rock 2.0 - civvie
Bullzeye - not sure - could be Rabbit is on to something
Canucklehead - not sure - I don't like what I'm seeing
Dfaraday - feeling civvie on him
Dom - not sure - I don't feel civvie on this one :shrug:
juliets - not sure - I don't get baddie vibes though
rabbit8 - feeling civvie
S~V~S - civvie type
Turnip Head - civvie type
Vompatti - likely civvie, who knows really

So that's my thoughts. Not much to them. No one has struck me as outright baddie. I'm doing an elimination thing at this point.
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I might as well do a post of my reads as well so here goes. Where I say civ it could also be indy except for myself:

Bass_the_Clever - civ
birdwithteeth11 - unsure but not within my circle of trust at the moment
Black Rock 2.0 - unsure but I'm leaning civ
Bullzeye - rabbit seems civ this game I'm just not sure how on par his reads are about people. I know he's wrong about me so this puts some doubt for me in his read of bullz. I've re-read bullz but need to put some more thought into it - right now I'm uncertain.
Canucklehead - something seems wrong here but I'd like to hear others opinions.
Dfaraday - I'm leaning bad here
Dom - unsure but I'm not feeling baddie
juliets - civ
rabbit8 - civ
S~V~S - indy
Turnip Head - indy or civ
Vompatti - don't have a clue but don't get Canucks vote for him. I think she said it was random but it didn't seem random.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

TH, where are you and what are you thinking?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Juliets, you say you're leaning bad on DF, I am leaning civ. Can you tell me why?
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Black Rock wrote:Juliets, you say you're leaning bad on DF, I am leaning civ. Can you tell me why?
It's not a strong read but the whole thing with him going dormant for a day and a half just seems fishy to me. It seems like it was a part of his role and it doesnt seem like that would be a civ role. What are you thinking about him being good? I would be happy for someone to talk me out of my baddie read because it's not that strong.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

He seemed honest. I don't know why he would do that to call attention to himself. I don't know, it's weird. Maybe I should think about it more.
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I was thinking it was something automatic in his role, something he couldn't control. I don't know BR, I need to think about it more too. Maybe he had an item that if nk'd the first time he wouldn't die but go dormant for a day and a half. That would be a pretty super item though and it doesn't seem like the others have been that good. More little stuff.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

juliets wrote:TH, where are you and what are you thinking?
I just got out of work. My list looks pretty similar to yours juliets. I'd say BWT and Bullz are my two suspects at the moment. Canuck's vote for Vomp and wanting to follow SVS's vote was weird but I'm not sure it's a baddie ploy... but at the same time, if Canuck is only useful as a civ number, then why is she throwing her vote away? Puzzling. I'm leaning civ on DF for now, I agree with BR that his reaction seemed genuine. Vomps is an enigma but I'm starting to get the feeling he keeps voting for me just so he doesn't have to talk about anything else :suspish:
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 42

Post by DFaraday »

juliets wrote:I was thinking it was something automatic in his role, something he couldn't control. I don't know BR, I need to think about it more too. Maybe he had an item that if nk'd the first time he wouldn't die but go dormant for a day and a half. That would be a pretty super item though and it doesn't seem like the others have been that good. More little stuff.
I'm pretty sure there's nothing in my role that would account for this. Also, my understanding is that I wasn't NKed at all, apparently I faked my death. As for how this happened, I'm guessing an item, since typically role abilities don't extend for that long, and also that seems like a really weird power for someone to have. I would think maybe it's a secret power, but there aren't any secrets listed in the roles.

Llama: Do any roles have secret abilities not mentioned on the front page?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

How have you felt about Bullzeye's responses to rabbit, Faraday?
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 42

Post by DFaraday »

Turnip Head wrote:How have you felt about Bullzeye's responses to rabbit, Faraday?
Eh, his responses were alright, but not really strong enough to make me convinced he's civ. I don't think Rabbit's points are an airtight case or anything, but he's got me to putting Bullz pretty high on my suspect list.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I'm thinking Dom might be silenced.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

TH, I didn't want to throw my vote away, I wanted to give my vote to the only person I feel confident isn't mafia to use. She didnt want it, so I threw it away to avoid missing the vote since, unless I continue having bouts of insomnia, I won't be around.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 95

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Canucklehead wrote:I can't be accountable with my own vote because I haven't read the thread closely enough to have an opinion on anyone except you and will not do so before tomorrow evening.
I am willing to follow your vote because, as you frequently note, you've been pretty obvious with hint dropping, and someone was kind enough to requote those, and I'm choosing to believe those hints. If you'd prefer I use my own brain randomize, cool. My randomometer will probably land on Vompatti. But that's actually surprising to me that you are averse to people following your lead, when you've been so diligent in making sure people know your alignment. :shrug: Why role hint if you don't want to use your hints to gain influence in the thread?
If you want to vote for me, totally fine. I get it, I really do. Like I've repeatedly said, I'm not really playing and am only useful to the civs as a number. If you honestly don't want my vote to go where you suggest/want to put your vote on me, fine. But let me know now so that I can vote and not worry about checking into the thread tomorrow. :)

(I get it if you're just trying to spur me into more participation......but that's really a dead end. Sorry. :( )
Alright. I'll address each bolded part separately.

1) This feels like sucking up to me. Why only follow someone's ideas because you believe in their hint-dropping? I'm not saying whether or not SVS is telling the truth (mostly because I'm apparently obtuse and haven't noticed it yet :doh: ), but that seems like a really weird reason to want to give someone your vote for the day.

2) Why Vompatti though? If you brought his name up before as someone you're suspicious of, I missed it. Otherwise, feels more like trying to butter SVS up.

3) Why this obsession with giving away your vote. If you're suspicious of someone (Vompatti I guess?), then just vote for that person. I've had games where I've been really busy and haven't been able to follow the flow very well too, but the best way you could help us if you are a civ is to go that route.

But I'm starting to think you might not be a civ.

Actually, the starting phase is over. I really don't think you are one.

Votes Canuck
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Mostly agree with BWT here. I feel like Canuck offering SVS power over her vote not only comes off as an attempt to remove accountability, but also say look how civvie I am by letting someone who isn't a baddie dictate where my vote goes. It just seems fake to me. Not to mention, she then goes and throws her vote on Vomp of all people.

*Votes Canuck*
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

While I agree that Canuck's behavior hasn't been entirely productive as of late BWT, I'm not sure it makes her a baddie either. She already clarified why she reached out to SVS re: her vote, why would she "suck up" so blatantly as a baddie? Re: her Vomps vote, it seems to be a throwaway after SVS rebuffed Canuck's offer to control her vote and Canuck couldn't spend any more time on the thread. Like I said, I don't agree with Canuck's recent actions, but it's freaking Day 8, surely she could come up with a better baddie ploy at this point? I'm thinking her actions are genuine.

In comparison, your case against Canuck feels like you're the one taking the easy way out today BWT. I think it's not that difficult to paint Canuck's actions in a bad light today, and you wasted no time doing so and voting accordingly. :ponder:

linki: Hmmm, Bullz agreees with BWT. :ponder:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Anyone have any idea why Dom voted Vomps? I looked back in his posts for a little while and didn't see him accuse Vomps. I just don't understand it.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Turnip Head wrote:
linki: Hmmm, Bullz agreees with BWT. :ponder:
To be fair it was Canuck or BWT that were getting my vote regardless after I finished reading everyone.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

juliets wrote:Anyone have any idea why Dom voted Vomps? I looked back in his posts for a little while and didn't see him accuse Vomps. I just don't understand it.
I think he's silenced, he might just be throwing his vote away :shrug:
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Had to fly out last night unexpectedly, I will be able to catch up again in a couple hours.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

What's this talk about throwing away votes? This is not the time to throw away votes. With that said I am very undecided on who I am going to vote for. If I had to vote now it would probably be BWT. I don't know if I mentioned before but his posts are just not sitting right with me. I have about an hour before I have to leave for my job so I'm going to go and peel potatoes and think about my vote.
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”