The Flash: Battle for the Gem Cities (Day 12)

Moderator: Community Team

Can Someone Finally Die?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:52 pm

Bass 2.0
No votes
Black Rock
No votes
DFaraday
20%
FZ.
33%
Long Con
No votes
MetalMarsh89
No votes
Sophie
No votes
Devin the Omniscient
No votes
I...Iiii...I'm Still Alive (Host, Mod, Nons)
47%

Total votes: 15
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 116

Re: The Flash: Battle for the Gem Cities (Day 2)

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I think timmer made a long shot call that just so happened to be right.
Anything else?
How can it just so happen to be anything else? :confused:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 174

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I think timmer made a long shot call that just so happened to be right.
Anything else?
I mean do you have anything else to add. Any other thoughts.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Anything else?
I mean do you have anything else to add. Any other thoughts.
No.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 454
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Weak.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote:Weak.
Nope.
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 119

Post by blindfaeth »

Interesting result.

DH considering the baddies don't have btsc why are you relentlessly attacking SVS?
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

It feels just as ingenuine as bullz suspecting llama because I defended him. It's so irrelevant because even if she was bass' teammate she didn't know it.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

blindfaeth wrote:Interesting result.

DH considering the baddies don't have btsc why are you relentlessly attacking SVS?
It's Day 2, its "technically" possible for Blacksmith to have recruited Bass. It is also "technically" possible that without BTSC, SVS intuited that Bass was bad and was trying to keep him alive to recruit..

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

blindfaeth wrote:It feels just as ingenuine as bullz suspecting llama because I defended him. It's so irrelevant because even if she was bass' teammate she didn't know it.
Anything BUT "ingenuine."

ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 235

Post by timmer »

Oh totally this^, I'm not claiming to be anything but lucky on this one. I've had about 100 conspiracy theories, through the various games, that were on about the level of this one, but only about 8/100 were right. I'll take it as a pleasant surprise that I was right!
My siggie.
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

You're "suspicious". Look I can use air quotes too :slick:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

timmer wrote:
Oh totally this^, I'm not claiming to be anything but lucky on this one. I've had about 100 conspiracy theories, through the various games, that were on about the level of this one, but only about 8/100 were right. I'll take it as a pleasant surprise that I was right!
Yeah, I believe you. Still cool though I guess, right?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

blindfaeth wrote:You're "suspicious". Look I can use air quotes too :slick:
I didn't mean to imply air quotes, I meant to employ actual quotes.

ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 235

Post by timmer »

Epignosis wrote:
Yeah, I believe you. Still cool though I guess, right?
Absolutely! BTW, I'm feeling better about you after thinking about the game. In case you were wondering, etc.
My siggie.
Sophie
The Mark
Posts in topic: 97

Post by Sophie »

Yes! Great result! Thanks spacedaidy and fZ for answering and understanding. I will be popping up here and there but not expecT much of substance buy me until next monday, thanks for understanding and great hunch dh!
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 71

Post by Spacedaisy »

So, I am frankly not feeling Log Con this game at all. Allow me to explain what I see so far that I really don't like...
Long Con wrote:So llama is deliberately trying to act in such a way that is like a previous Civ game? Is that supposed to make us think he's Civ in this one? Kind of heavy handed.
When FZ brings up her case this was his initial case. Unless I am misreading it, it appears as though LC thinks it is heavy handed for Llama. Which would imply that he finds it difficult to swallow. I could be misreading this though....

If I am not, his turnaround to this next post seems odd. Especially since he didnti say anything regarding llama in the intervening posts.
Long Con wrote:My vote is going to Llama, not that it will matter much for now, for playing the "just like Civvie Llama in X-Men" too hard. I also thought that the post about other ways Llama is "acting too Civvie-Llama" was a good read.
Now he starts in on assuming Magenta will use a lynch stop Day 1. The following posts all deal with this:
Long Con wrote:
fingersplints wrote:
Long Con wrote: I doubt he'll die even if he gets the most votes anyway.
Why do you doubt he 'll die?
I don't think anyone will die in this lynch because Magenta is pretty likely to stop the lynch. I might as well stop being coy about it. I'm pretty sure I have her secret figured out.

Magenta – She is a former love interest of Wally West and has magnetic abilities. She can prevent one lynch during the game. If she does, she will gain BTSC with the Detectives.

If I were Magenta, I would stop the Day One lynch and get my BTSC with the Detectives ASAP.
Long Con wrote:Noooo! Now we won't get any more letters! Magenta, why didn't you stop the lynch??? :doh: :fist:
Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I think I solved Girder's secret, but it was more logical than linguistic.

Girder – A man transformed into pure metal. ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~~.

Girder cannot be night killed.
Looks good to me. And BF, that is possible, feel free to look for different solutions. I think it's more likely that Magenta either wasn't paying much attention (as I recall there was some latecomers not-caught-up) or just plain didn't agree with wasting a lynch save. I think BTSC is a way more powerful ability than a lynch save.
Long Con wrote:Oh, and Magenta... good call on not saving him. It seems as though you are choosing to save your lynch save for a rainy day, or whatever... just want to remind you that it could mean the difference between Wally West chatting it up with you and Pied Piper... and Wally West killing you. :srsnod:
Frankly, these posts read a lot to me like a lack of taking responsibility for your own vote. It's easy to cast a vote, preface it with, oh he probably won't die anyway, then when he does die, you can shake your fist and blame someone else. I think it is foolishness to expect an Indy whose only goal is to survive to use the lynch save on someone other than themself. I expect more from you LC. Your musings surrounding the roles of the indies so far has been questionable at best, I just don't understand your purposes.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Sophie wrote:Yes! Great result! Thanks spacedaidy and fZ for answering and understanding. I will be popping up here and there but not expecT much of substance buy me until next monday, thanks for understanding and great hunch dh!
It's especially impressive given how swamped I've been. XD

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

First of all, I haven't tried to shunt responsibility for my votes in any way. The votes I have cast are the same votes I would have cast if Magenta wasn't a factor.

Second of all, I'm not really sure how you are reading the Llama posts I made, but they're certainly not contradictory. I posted what I thought of Llama's Morlock thing, and then later I voted him for it.

It's pretty weird how you phrased this... you read it correctly in that I found it to be a heavy-handed tactic that was difficult to swallow... and then decide you're misreading it to call my next post about it odd. Why did you decide you were misreading it? You weren't.

I think that Magenta's best plan would be to get BTSC with the Civvie BTSC group as quickly as possible. I think Civvie BTSC far outweighs any other Civvie power in the game for taking down baddies. And yes, I have posted about it. But my posts were not intended to have anything to do with my daily votes, if you're reading them that way, then you're reading them wrong.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 71

Post by Spacedaisy »

I just don't believe you are civ. Everything in your posts up to this point have felt like you are off, trying to appear civ, but not really. And your comments about magenta only make me feel less comfortable with you.

Regarding my comment about your posts on the llama case. I did not say I was misreading it, I said I might be, because if I read it the way it felt natural to me, it seemed contradictory. So I was allowing I could be misunderstanding you on that point. And I am willing to concede from your remarks that I was. Regardless, it doesnot change my overall opinion of your gameplay so far. I don't think you are civ.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 245

Post by S~V~S »

DharmaHelper wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Ask me if Bass has fooled me in the past. Ask LC; he saw Bass totally schnocker me in The Island game.
There's a big difference between being fooled and actively, aggressively defending someone.
I wasn't aggressively defending him. I didn't suspect him. Or Bullz. Or BF. Totally different. You're reading into it. FAR into it.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Long Con wrote:Would S~V~S, FZ, or Rabbit check Bass on Night 1, if they were Blacksmith?
Not night one, but he would be on my short list. Night one I would check you, BR, Rabbit or Roxy, most likely. I would think Rabbit would have a somewhat similar list. FZ I can't guess who she would check.
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 70

Post by rabbit8 »

Long Con wrote:Ok, that last post was sarcastic, since I brought him up first. :haha: But then I reread your last post, and you aren't taking all the credit anymore. So my sarcasm softened.
DharmaHelper wrote:If it were me, I'd go back and look at SVS and FZ since they both practically jumped down my throat after I voted Bass.
Same thing happened to me, except it was Rabbit that was trying to discredit the case.

Sure I was not cursed during the day, sure.

Are you actually trying to say because you voted for Bass second to last you are not a baddie with him?

OK.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

rabbit8 wrote:
Long Con wrote:Ok, that last post was sarcastic, since I brought him up first. :haha: But then I reread your last post, and you aren't taking all the credit anymore. So my sarcasm softened.
DharmaHelper wrote:If it were me, I'd go back and look at SVS and FZ since they both practically jumped down my throat after I voted Bass.
Same thing happened to me, except it was Rabbit that was trying to discredit the case.

Sure, you weren't cursed, sure. I wonder if that means you were cursed, but you can't tell us. How do you feel about blindfaeth, rabbit?
Are you actually trying to say because you voted for Bass second to last you are not a baddie with him?

OK.
If I were trying to say something like that, my sentences would have probably contained at least some of those words.
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 70

Post by rabbit8 »

Long Con wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:

Sure, you weren't cursed, sure. I wonder if that means you were cursed, but you can't tell us. How do you feel about blindfaeth, rabbit?

OK.
If I were trying to say something like that, my sentences would have probably contained at least some of those words.
Um hum.

I no feeling one way or the other regarding BF.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

S~V~S wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Ask me if Bass has fooled me in the past. Ask LC; he saw Bass totally schnocker me in The Island game.
There's a big difference between being fooled and actively, aggressively defending someone.
I wasn't aggressively defending him. I didn't suspect him. Or Bullz. Or BF. Totally different. You're reading into it. FAR into it.
I pointed out several instances wherein you were doing specifically that, so I have to disagree here. Also, nice try but Bullz/BF are irrelevant.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 87
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Bye splints this game is much more boring without ye! :cloud9:

I need to catch up again but I am still very suspicious of Epi and now Timmer bc he was sspicious of my Epi suspicion but then showed how Epi could be bad with bad intentions in his pursuit of an Elo lynch. I do get how he is defending someone who wanted his role dead.

If anyone has anything they would like me to answer post your questions now while I am around.
;)
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Roxy wrote:Bye splints this game is much more boring without ye! :cloud9:

I need to catch up again but I am still very suspicious of Epi and now Timmer bc he was sspicious of my Epi suspicion but then showed how Epi could be bad with bad intentions in his pursuit of an Elo lynch. I do get how he is defending someone who wanted his role dead.

If anyone has anything they would like me to answer post your questions now while I am around.
You weren't reading along?

ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 353

Post by FZ. »

This is a super great result :D

Way to go Timmer!
What the hell are you talking about? I didn't say you were wrong for voting him, I wanted to make sure your vote was legit. All I asked for, was a better explanation than "I don't trust him" and those generic accusations. Like SVS, I was satisfied after that, and even told you I knew you could do better. Not to mention the fact I was the next voter after you.

On with the catch up
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

FZ. wrote:This is a super great result :D

Way to go Timmer!
What the hell are you talking about? I didn't say you were wrong for voting him, I wanted to make sure your vote was legit. All I asked for, was a better explanation than "I don't trust him" and those generic accusations. Like SVS, I was satisfied after that, and even told you I knew you could do better. Not to mention the fact I was the next voter after you.

On with the catch up
:huh:

ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

DharmaHelper wrote:

Way to go Timmer!

On with the catch up
Huh, what?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

FZ. wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

Way to go Timmer!

On with the catch up
Huh, what?
I'll grant you that you are less suspicious for having voted for Bass. But you did put a lot of pressure on me to answer your questions about my vote.

ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Sophie wrote:Yes! Great result! Thanks spacedaidy and fZ for answering and understanding. I will be popping up here and there but not expecT much of substance buy me until next monday, thanks for understanding and great hunch dh!
No problem. Hope everything works out. :)

When you do get the time, can you please explain why you decided to vote for Bass, please?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

DharmaHelper wrote:
FZ. wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

Way to go Timmer!

On with the catch up
Huh, what?
I'll grant you that you are less suspicious for having voted for Bass. But you did put a lot of pressure on me to answer your questions about my vote.
The fact that I thought Timmer's idea was a good one, hence wanted to vote for Bass, didn't mean I was sure about it. I wanted to make sure the people voting for him weren't just bandwagoning.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

If I could curse Epig, he'd have to use 10 adverbs in every post :P

DH, apart from saying Bass was cursed, did you say he was manipulating it? Because I remember you talking about a curse, but I don't remember anything else, which is why I said props to TImmer. If I missed something and you deserve more credit, then by all means, I'm giving it to you :beer:

While TImmer's speculation was a long shot, it was logical enough to convince me it could be true, and if so, I believe there were probably more people who thought it could actually be true. Which is why I think that people not voting for him might have done so to try and save someone who could potentially be in alignment with them, so saying that someone didn't know because baddies don't have BTSC might not be accurate in this instance.

That said, SVS' vote looks too fishy to be true. I'd think she would try a more subtle way then to call his lynch awful, but that's just me.

Since I'm still far from convinced Bullz is bad, I think some of his voters could easily be bad.

Aceofspaces' vote is looking quite bad, to be honest, and BlackRock's as well. Also, she's more absent than any of the recent games I've played with her. What's your opinion of her, LC?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

FZ. wrote:If I could curse Epig, he'd have to use 10 adverbs in every post :P
:scared:
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 672
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
:scared:
:haha: This is the best.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 672
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

The curse is, not your reaction Epignosis.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DH, apart from saying Bass was cursed, did you say he was manipulating it? Because I remember you talking about a curse, but I don't remember anything else, which is why I said props to TImmer. If I missed something and you deserve more credit, then by all means, I'm giving it to you :beer:

While TImmer's speculation was a long shot, it was logical enough to convince me it could be true, and if so, I believe there were probably more people who thought it could actually be true. Which is why I think that people not voting for him might have done so to try and save someone who could potentially be in alignment with them, so saying that someone didn't know because baddies don't have BTSC might not be accurate in this instance.

That said, SVS' vote looks too fishy to be true. I'd think she would try a more subtle way then to call his lynch awful, but that's just me.

Since I'm still far from convinced Bullz is bad, I think some of his voters could easily be bad.

Aceofspaces' vote is looking quite bad, to be honest, and BlackRock's as well. Also, she's more absent than any of the recent games I've played with her. What's your opinion of her, LC?
Why do people assume I want credit?

ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Epig, why did you vote for Bullz?
MM, are you still incredulous? Why are you so sure Bullz is bad?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

FZ. wrote:Epig, why did you vote for Bullz?
Because.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

DharmaHelper wrote:

Nope. I have been skypeing and reading along with the Champions game supporting Turnips.
Is that a problem for you?
;)
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Roxy wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

Nope. I have been skypeing and reading along with the Champions game supporting Turnips.
Is that a problem for you?
Just odd that you would be silenced and not want to keep up with what was going on.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

It may be considered odd but it is true. I have not looked at anything since the last lynch and I changed my vote to Bass as soon as I had caught up.

What do you make of thechoice to kill fingersplints N1?
;)
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Roxy wrote:It may be considered odd but it is true. I have not looked at anything since the last lynch and I changed my vote to Bass as soon as I had caught up.

Hey Rox,

Why did you vote Bass and not Bullz? Do you think Bullz is good? If so, who is most suspicious to you other than Epig on his list of voters?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Epignosis wrote:
Because.
Thank you.
You're playing a very different game from DN. You're not as leading as you did. You don't seem to have much to say, and I don't remember you discussing Bullz much before. Did you?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

FZ. wrote:
Roxy wrote:It may be considered odd but it is true. I have not looked at anything since the last lynch and I changed my vote to Bass as soon as I had caught up.

Hey Rox,

Why did you vote Bass and not Bullz? Do you think Bullz is good? If so, who is most suspicious to you other than Epig on his list of voters?
Bc after I caught up and actually read Bass I had a feeling he was bad. Being his mom I am good at telling. I have been reading bullz as a frustrated civ.

I do not play that way FZ. I don't go by who votes who to find baddies. I work on nose twitches.
Right now as I stated before I am still suspicious of Epi and a bit of Timmer for defending Epi and finding me suspicious for suspecting him and then going on to find him suspicious himself and then feel better about him now. o.O
Other than that I do not find SVS suspicious for not voting Bas - its the mama bear in her - who has often been burned by her need to protect her cubs.
I was suspicious of you during the llama lync though I cannot remember why now.
I am currently reading a couple of people who caught my eye during catch up more later.
;)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

DharmaHelper wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
I pointed out several instances wherein you were doing specifically that, so I have to disagree here. Also, nice try but Bullz/BF are irrelevant.
No, it isn't irrelevant. At one point they were toed, and it was a very tense last hour.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

FZ. wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Because.
Thank you.
You're playing a very different game from DN. You're not as leading as you did. You don't seem to have much to say, and I don't remember you discussing Bullz much before. Did you?
Epignosis wrote:I have made a conscious effort to do something different (sometimes outrageously different) regardless of alignment to keep things fresh.
My Bullzeye suspicion was a product of my llama analysis. Surely you remember that, since I questioned you. ;)
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

S~V~S wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
No, it isn't irrelevant. At one point they were toed, and it was a very tense last hour.
It's irrelevant because you weren't blatantly trying to defend BF or Bullz.

ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Thanks for the answers Rox and Epig.

Epig, who are you looking at, now? I saw Timmer say he's not as suspicious of you. What are your thoughts on him? Do you still think he's worth lynching?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”