Bathsheba
No votes
Lot
No votes
Pilate
8%
Rahab
23%
The Witch of Endor (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
69%

Total votes: 13
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 83

Re: Biblical Mafia [CHAPTER III]

Post by Lunatella »

Everyone, I am on V/LA today thru Monday. I'll have really limited access to the thread but I'll try to pop in. Please try not to lynch a third civ and invoke divine judgment while I'm gone.
Lunalee
nutella
Echo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 36

Post by Echo »

Job wrote:
Uzziah wrote:Yay! :clap:
:rolleyes: I'm voting you until one of us is dead.
Sametbh. :mafia:
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 258

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Exactly half of the active players missed the vote yesterday:
Barnabas*
Cain
Esther*
Gideon
Hagar
Isaac
Jacob
Jephthah
Jonah
Judah*
Mary Mag
Mordecai
Nicodemus
Pilate
Ruth
Samuel

* indicates their second missed stoning vote
Here is a list of those who did not post during the day part of Day 2:
Barnabas
Belshazzar*
Cain*
Gideon
Hagar
Jonah
Judah
Paul*
Ruth*

* indicates this player claims to have been silenced (Cain presumed to be silenced)
And here are the people who made 5 or fewer posts during Day 2:
Barnabas
Belshazzar
Cain
Deborah
Esther
Gideon
Hagar
Isaac
Jacob
Jonah
Judah
Mary Mag
Paul
Pilate
Rahab
Rebecca
Ruth
Samuel
Stephen
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Hey Ruth, question for you:
Ruth wrote:I don't believe you guys lynched a silenced person. Didn't anyone notice him lurking in the thread? That was weak.

Had I been able to vote, I probably would have voted Uzziah.

I skimmed along a bit, but still need to finish catching up. RIP Cain :(

And I'm not sure I think Paul was also silenced; this is his last post. It was made on Sunday, before Day 1 even ended. He did not post Night One, either. Plus how many silencers are there??
Paul wrote:i have already made my vote today it will be interesting to see how everyone talks and votes

i know i talk a lot (lol) but i try not to unless i have a reason to so you know i really do not think i have anything else to add atm

d2 will be more fun

wake me when d2
Linki; You were silenced, too? :faint:
The sentence I highlighted- can you explain what you mean please?
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Also (and finally) Solomon suggests looking at late Cain voters on Day 1 at least but also specifically calls out Bathsheba. Anyone have any thoughts on either of these?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 135

Post by Epignosis »

Balaam wrote:HOST: Does God only inflict divine judgement on a random civvie while Noah is still alive? Or is divine judgement a permanent fixture and only a few people can be protected from it while Noah is still alive?
Divine judgement will occur whether Noah is alive or not.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 72

Post by Larry David »

Job wrote:
"I don't have tunnel vision guys!"
"I'm going to vote for this player until one of us dies!!!!! :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: "

Yeah ok.

I disagree that heathens are killing the annoying people, aside from Martha. Paul was probably killed because he talks a whole bunch. He basically ran day one. Though I guess you could classify posting a lot as annoying, but at that point why would you even play these forums games if you hate it when people post? It revolves around posting. I'm going to look into the Bathsheba hint that Balaam brought up. Might not be around as much because it's the weekend, and I need to get my drink on. Though I wont post out of character while drunk, like a certain person did lol
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 229

Post by Young Lady »

Balaam, I don't fully understand the point of your third list. For instance, since I was silenced, of course I had 5 or less posts on Day 2. In fact, I had zero...which you pointed out in the second list...

Re: Bathsheba, here was my impression from Night 2 of everything she said about Cain, leading to her voting for him:

"not sure about Cain, I'll look into it"
"ooh why is Cain lurking, looking suspicious"
"ok, imma vote Cain because he's getting lynched anyway"

Whoa, I didn't catch that odd line from Ruth, probably because she said it before stating to have been silenced. If it's true she hadn't been able (read: allowed?) to vote, then she was either imprisoned by Herod and hid this fact for some reason, either she wasn't honest about being simply silenced.

As for the alleged silenced group, Paul and Cain are dead, Ruth suddenly needs to clear out her story and the rest of the players haven't come back in the game since Day 1 (or Night 1, in Gideon's case), I think. So good luck coming with a conclusion about a possible mass silence. :keys:
Supervisor
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Job wrote:Everyone, I am on V/LA today thru Monday. I'll have really limited access to the thread but I'll try to pop in. Please try not to lynch a third civ and invoke divine judgment while I'm gone.
You are certain that we'll do right by Uzziah, although we have done wrong by Samson and Cain? I don't like what Uzziah's pulling, either, but I'm still torn whether he's the kind of player who normally pulls this crap, with no indication of his alignment, or another player who's playing this card and sticking to it heavily. But I'm very reluctant to vote for a third time for sort of the same reason I voted the first two times, especially with the repercussion of a second civilian getting lynched, if Uzziah also checks out as cheeky-banter-rogue-civ. What makes you sure that, if the reads on Samson's and Cain's behaviour were misguided and awful, the read on Uzziah is the good one?
Supervisor
dodo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 153

Post by dodo »

Job wrote:
Are you remotely serious?
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 155

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Sorry for not being here, I was busy.

RIP Paul.
It's a shame, because it was nice having someone opinionated and talkative with all the low posters. If you are really new to this site, I hope you keep playing here. It was fun having you.

So Paul couldn't talk but could vote, yet Cain couldn't do either, I assume, becuase he didn't vote. Ruth as she claims, could do neither as well. We're looking at two different kinds of silencing. Even if there was a mass silencing, it's more probable that those silenced would be able to at least vote, so I'm puzzled by the fact that both Ruth and Cain could not vote.

As for Ruth, I don't remember much of her, in the first day, she voted for Cain, so I don't think it's likely she was silenced by Herod. Was Cain? He voted for Absalom before he was silenced.
There is also Jonah. Where on earth is he? He was quite active on day 1. Was he silenced?
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 155

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Went to read Batsheba. Didn't find anything unsual there. She posted 5 posts, which desrves a lynch by itself, but other than that, I don't see much there.

Mary Magdalene, you've been gone the entire day 2 and then you come in after the night and just say "Shame"? Can you explain why you haven't been here or voted and who do you find suspicious?
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Sabbatical: The Mafia :rolleyes:
Supervisor
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Jephthah wrote:Went to read Batsheba. Didn't find anything unsual there. She posted 5 posts, which desrves a lynch by itself, but other than that, I don't see much there.

Mary Magdalene, you've been gone the entire day 2 and then you come in after the night and just say "Shame"? Can you explain why you haven't been here or voted and who do you find suspicious?
All low posters deserve to die?
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 243

Post by NurseWilgy »

Pilate wrote:I am not a pirate. Absalom seems especially negative today. I wonder what boils his blood?
No, it's not boils. I wish it were. Anything else would be preferable to this. I hate it. Bah.

Also, I want to lodge a complaint about Balaam's long, irrelevant lists. They make me want to vote for him, frankly.
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Absalom, wanna elaborate on how that might make him bad? Or are you going to continue to act irrationally and condemn others for doing the same.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Belay seems to be acting like a certain player who used to play a lot... I doubt Belaam is actually her.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

I'm still highly suspicious of JOB. No one else seems interested in discussing anything at all-- anything relevant anyway.
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

Rachel wrote:I'm still highly suspicious of JOB. No one else seems interested in discussing anything at all-- anything relevant anyway.
The only thing that concerns me is his extreme tunneling on Uzziah. He seems to not care about anything at else.

Sifting through the posts of Batsheba(I can never remember how to spell this) yielded no fruit. I'm not quite sure what Paul saw there.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Paul didn't see that.. Solomon did...
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

Rachel wrote:Paul didn't see that.. Solomon did...
didn't the write up imply Paul was Solomon? Unless I read it wrong. I'll go read it again.
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

Mordecai wrote:
Rachel wrote:Paul didn't see that.. Solomon did...
didn't the write up imply Paul was Solomon? Unless I read it wrong. I'll go read it again.
"They answered, “Paul is addressing the crowd gathered in the marketplace. He is always addressing the crowd. His words are like blades of grass in a field. Number them if you can.” 11 The emissary from Egypt found Paul preaching, even as darkness had spread upon the land. 12 “Hear O children of Sin-d’kaht, the wisdom of Solomon: 13"

The way I read this made me think that Paul was preaching as Solomon. Was he just preaching Solomon's message, and not as Solomon?
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Kent Brockman »

Mordecai what are your thoughts on Absolom?
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

I didn't think Epig would out Paul like that. And given that Paul clearly wanted to lynch Job next, I doubt he'd rant against Bathsheba in his night post. I guess we'll find out if Solomon is in the night post again.

Also "number them if you can" seemed to point to David, if anything. David conducted a census of the people in 2 Samuel. That was against God's will.

I am very much at odds with Absalom. He seems to have an excuse for everything and anything. In particular, he should show some shame for silencing a silenced player, but does not. Rather, he seems proud of it. I am not sure if that makes him bad, but it certainly makes me wary of his words.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 115

Post by Paul Stevens »

Hello Everyone. Ready for an adventure of biblical proportions!
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 59
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Joe Who? »

This is probably the quietest full game I've ever played. It's great for catching up on RL busy days, but terrible for finding things to catch mafia on. Or for much conversation, really.

Balaam, you keep posting all of these lists, but you say nothing to go along with them except labeling them. Are you planning on analyzing and commenting on this "data" later on? Do you suspect people on them? I am curious.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Rahab wrote:This is probably the quietest full game I've ever played. It's great for catching up on RL busy days, but terrible for finding things to catch mafia on. Or for much conversation, really.

Balaam, you keep posting all of these lists, but you say nothing to go along with them except labeling them. Are you planning on analyzing and commenting on this "data" later on? Do you suspect people on them? I am curious.
Lots of people mentioning how quiet or talkative other people are but no one labelling suspicions.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Rachel wrote:I'm still highly suspicious of JOB. No one else seems interested in discussing anything at all-- anything relevant anyway.
Would you like to build a case? I was feeling quite suspicious of him during my quick read through. Which took forever thanks to you long posters! :evileye:
But anywho, right now it's just a gut feeling. But Job is the one I would vote for today. I saw nothing wrong Uzi's posts.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Isaac wrote:
Would you like to build a case? I was feeling quite suspicious of him during my quick read through. Which took forever thanks to you long posters! :evileye:
But anywho, right now it's just a gut feeling. But Job is the one I would vote for today. I saw nothing wrong Uzi's posts.
I have. So did Paul.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Can you quote it for me? Idk if I'm allowed to say this but I'm technically Isaac2.0
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Isaac wrote:Can you quote it for me? Idk if I'm allowed to say this but I'm technically Isaac2.0
I can resummarize it.

Job perseverated on the fact that Paul was not posting on Day 2. This read to me as a baddie who really wanted to draw attention to their work. However, in retrospect, I think Job may have been trying to seem civvie by being completely irrelevant in this post. He also has not let go of the extremely weak Uzzaiah suspicion based on zany Day 1 Antics. He repeats he does not have tunnel vision, but has done literally nothing but discuss Uzzaiah. I can pull Paul's case too, if you'd like.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Re: Biblical Mafia [PREFACE]

Post by dodo »

Paul wrote:
Job wrote:Belshazar also suss for that reason, lean scum on him and Ruth. Townreading paul
you said this right before d1 but you have made no real effort to pursue either of these suspects

speaking of Ruth tons of people found her suspicious early on but she fell off everyone's radar what's with that
Paul wrote:
Job wrote:I won't cry over a dead horseman either, but to be fair, they will only unleash plagues upon heathens because the sovereign are raptured before their coming.

I don't have a good impression of Lot, I think he is trying to intimidate Paul and squash discussion. As well as find out people's identities, let people be.

I still don't like belshazar in particular for that reason and to a lesser extent Ruth.
oh look another person you said is bad but haven't pursued
Paul wrote:
Job wrote:
Paul wrote:
Balaam wrote:Holy early vote! Got any proof there Paul?
you should read his posts there are only two

the first post is like how cute everyone else is look how awesome and tough I am bitches I am totally scum
This one is pointing out how totally fluff and void of any real content Samuels first two points are. I'm not convinced like Paul seemed to be that he's scum but it was an OK observation.
you seem like you're buddying up to me here just to be buddying since i was not being serious in my initial suspicion of Samuel
Paul wrote:
Job wrote:If I had to vote now it would be for belshazar.

I lean scum on Ruth, Martha and Lot. I've felt a little better about Lot recently though.

Townreading Paul and Jonah.
you never voted any of these four people

instead, you jump on uzziah here
Job wrote:
Uzziah wrote:
Rahab wrote:
Uzziah wrote:I'm rooting for the scum.
Oh yeah?
Yeah.
Wifom. No one knows your meta so there's no reason to do it. Which means you have something to hide. I wouldn't mind lynching uzziah. Plus, as someone pointed out, maybe the horsemen voted apocalypse. Uzziah voted that way and I wouldn't be sad to see one leave if that were the case.
which I don't disagree with but you have pursued it over and over and over and over while not really pursuing the suspects you say you suspect
Paul wrote:
Job wrote:I saw uzziah worshiping the devil and associating with heathens, so I'm voting there.

Linki, the wifom is the statement he's rooting for the heathens to win.
see? how is this actually scum hunting
Paul wrote:then all throughout d2 you did almost nothing but pursue uzziah aggressively

while uzziah is really f***ing annoying i agree he is not helping solve the game at all, you seem like you are overly concerned with solving the game but you are not actually pulling the trigger on any of your suspects

its a lot like mr. capps in the champions game for any of you who have followed the current game, but i wont say more than that since it hasn't ended
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Thank you for these, Rachel. I found myself in the same mind set as you when reading through Jobs reactions to Pauls absence from the thread. I found that quite odd. I'm glad you pulled Paul's case against Job, although I would have said that it wasn't necessary to sway me. I did not realize how flippant Job was with his accusations. He throws out quite a few names and then pursues none of them, as Paul states, but then is relentless in trying to take down Uzziah. Who, imo, is least likely to turn up heathen at this point.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Exactly. I think he wants to seem as civvie as possible while pursuing someone who, I don't think at least, will not turn up Heathen or Horseman.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Do you have any other thoughts, Isaac, my father-in-law?
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

You may want to hide the knives when I visit :shrug:

But regarding our current situation, to sum up my feelings thus far: I felt Paul was trying to be a helpful civ, although somewhat distracting; I'm kind of looking at Belaam with some suspicion and may reread his posts, Pilate I will single out for a reread, as well. What up with Absolom? It almost seems like he's being controlled in some way with all of the "Bahs" and hate today.

Also, what are your thoughts on Ruth and Bathsheba? I haven't seen many of Ruth's posts but have noticed her name pop up here and there.
And I'm asking about Bathsheba for obvious reasons. Host post and what not.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Well, my reread of Pilate got me nowhere fast.

I thought I felt pinged by Belaam during my initial skim through. But now that I've narrowed the player to 3 possible peeps, I'm not sure how I feel. I'm inclined to trust him for now. But I will keep my guard up.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Job wrote:Everyone, I am on V/LA today thru Monday. I'll have really limited access to the thread but I'll try to pop in. Please try not to lynch a third civ and invoke divine judgment while I'm gone.
While it is bad form to dump on someone with RL commitments, I have to say that it is awfully ironic that you are going away at the moment you look the least civ and the most people mounting suspicions and cases against you. That being said, I'm gone for most of Sunday (aka Mother's Day). I'll be back bright and early come Monday though. Thanks to our host for giving us an extended Day 3! :beer:

Epignosis wrote:
Balaam wrote:HOST: Does God only inflict divine judgement on a random civvie while Noah is still alive? Or is divine judgement a permanent fixture and only a few people can be protected from it while Noah is still alive?
Divine judgement will occur whether Noah is alive or not.
I figured as much. If/when Noah needs to fill the ark, let's hope he invites the people who are actually talking. Not sure we'll really miss the likes of Judah, Esther, Hagar, or Stephen if they are in fact civvies.

Jephthah wrote:So Paul couldn't talk but could vote, yet Cain couldn't do either, I assume, becuase he didn't vote. Ruth as she claims, could do neither as well. We're looking at two different kinds of silencing. Even if there was a mass silencing, it's more probable that those silenced would be able to at least vote, so I'm puzzled by the fact that both Ruth and Cain could not vote.

As for Ruth, I don't remember much of her, in the first day, she voted for Cain, so I don't think it's likely she was silenced by Herod. Was Cain? He voted for Absalom before he was silenced.
There is also Jonah. Where on earth is he? He was quite active on day 1. Was he silenced?
Actually, we're still waiting for her to come back around and explain what her statement means. You know what happens when you assume...

Absalom wrote:Also, I want to lodge a complaint about Balaam's long, irrelevant lists. They make me want to vote for him, frankly.
Rachel wrote:Absalom, wanna elaborate on how that might make him bad? Or are you going to continue to act irrationally and condemn others for doing the same.
What she said. But seriously, Absalom, is that a complaint to the host or a complaint to your fellow players? If data scares or irritates you, then go ahead and vote for me. I think I'm being helpful. If you think I'm being a distraction or obstructive in some way, please let me know how and why. Maybe I can make my data dumps make a little more sense to you.

Belshazzar wrote:Balaam, I don't fully understand the point of your third list. For instance, since I was silenced, of course I had 5 or less posts on Day 2. In fact, I had zero...which you pointed out in the second list...
Rahab wrote:Balaam, you keep posting all of these lists, but you say nothing to go along with them except labeling them. Are you planning on analyzing and commenting on this "data" later on? Do you suspect people on them? I am curious.
Data never lies but it can be manipulated. I prefer to share raw data early on partly to see who does anything with it and how they choose to interpret it. So far, few if anyone has nibbled on it. My data dumps and other lists such as who voted for whom and when, can become important once we stone a Heathen or Horseman. I was really hoping Cain would turn up Heathen because that could have blown the game open a little bit early on. That could have exposed Samson's stoning as an attempt to save Cain. Now that we know Cain was a potentially important civvie, all we really know if that Samson was not piled upon in order to save Cain.

For Belshazzar, let me refine and combine those three lists into one and see if it seems more useful at all.

PLAYER NAME: Day 2 Vote?; # of posts during Day 2 [not including Night 2]- (links to posts)

BARNABAS: NO*; 0
BELSHAZZAR: YES; 0**
CAIN: NO; 0**
DEBORAH: YES; 4- (1, 2, 3, 4)
ESTHER: NO*; 1- (1)
GIDEON: NO; 0
HAGAR: NO; 0
ISAAC: NO; 1- (1)
JACOB: NO; 1- (1)
JEPHTHAH: YES; 16- (see his page; all but the final three Chapter II posts were during the day)
JONAH: NO; 0
JUDAH: NO*; 0
MARY MAG: NO; 2- (1, 2)
MORDECAI: NO; 9- (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
NICODEMUS: NO; 10- (see his page; all but the last Chapter II post was during the day)
PAUL: YES; 0**
PILATE: NO; 3- (1, 2, 3)
RAHAB: YES; 2- (1, 2)
REBECCA: YES; 1- (1)
RUTH: NO; 0**
SAMUEL: NO; 0
STEPHEN: YES; 1- (1)

*indicates a second missed stoning vote
**indicates a player who claims to have been silenced Day 2

I'll look over these folks again on Monday. There have to be a few baddies lurking in that list. It's got 22 names on it for crying out loud. I share Rachel's concerns about Job. The Uzziah comment is a sneaky one but well-played either way. If he's civvie, he'll be able to say "see, I totally meant 'looking for' scum when I said 'rooting for'." If he's bad, he'll be able to say "it's about time you dopes wised up" or "I can't believe you never stoned me after I confessed plain as day." If civvie, he's secured himself a free pass for at least a couple more days. I'd rather catch him through data than risk a lynch on such an ambiguous statement.
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

Lazarus wrote:Mordecai what are your thoughts on Absolom?
Gonna keep this short. I can barely feel my fingers. Try not to throw up om keuboard. I'll actually look intp him morning.
Absalom wrote:Why would someone kill Paul? That's lame. I disapprove of that decision and I hate it. Bah.
This seems like ober compensation to me. A player who is a civ should never APPROVE of a night kill in he first place. I really dont like that he came in here just to state that he didnt like the night kill. The only time someone disapproves of a night kill is when they are with the baddies and their team made a decision they didnt like. Otherwise you never want anybody to die at all because it lessens your chances of winning Perhaps Absalom would have preferred the death of someone else instead?

Nobody likes it when a high poster dies, but it feels like he made that post from a different point of view know what i mean? Almost like he is actively trying to put distance between himself and those who killed Payl. Novody does that as civ. They do it with guilt conscius
Akso every post he's made in Chapter 3 has ended with something along the lines of "I hate this/that, bah.". Why> im leaning heathen on him right now for tha one weird post

goodnight everybody, :beer:

p.s. taxi drivers are fucking assholes. fuck those guys
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 391

Post by Snapshot »

This is the only time I will be talking in the thread today, so I'm going to make it count as much as I can. Expect a lot of words.

I was one of if not the first to suggest Martha was killed for being annoying. And I really did believe it. But then Paul died as well. And what should happen immediately afterwards?
Absalom wrote:
Rachel wrote:Who do you think did so, Absalom, son of David.
Some idiot. The pattern seems to be killing people who are annoying, which is a foolish strategy for the baddies. I hate them. Bah.
Absalom, who calls the killing of Paul a 'pattern'. I find this incredibly interesting. I don't think baddies tend to go for patterns... unless they can hide their real intention behind one.

Absalom, the man called out by Martha on day one. Martha, who said Absalom was very linked with Paul, and that possibly they were baddie teammates...
Absalom, who lynched Cain when he couldn't talk, and remained proud of it even after Cain turned out to be a role checker...

Who might benefit most from a Paul kill?

Absalom had taken a little heat from the Martha kill. He had even more heat from the Cain lynch. What better way to get the heat to die down a little than for the Heathen to kill Absalom's 'teammate' Paul, and Absalom to be 'upset' about it...

The baddies can make it look like they are just playing shits and giggles, after Paul did his whole 'I don't like posting at night' spiel. It gives them the perfect alibi to make out like they were taking out someone they find annoying, or just liked the irony of it.

Now Absalom feels soooo closely linked with three out of four deaths. For me there are really only two possibilities - either Absalom is bad, or the heathen really have it in for him and are trying to set him up to look bad.

I'm fairly certain Absalom is where my vote is going to go today. The wifom is, at this point, simply way too great. Oh, and let me say - if Absalom latches on to Isaac's suggestion that he is in some way controlled, I do not buy it nor do I care. I'm willing to give exactly as much consideration to that as he is willing to give others.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Having said that, I'm not going to ignore everything else going on, so my thoughts on other things.

Nice to Isaac actually posting, but I completely agree with Balaam that, if we have to suffer divine judgment, I'd sooner see vocal civvies survive that silent ones. The only sucky thing with picking out someone like Absalom is that I still feel there are far far far too many quiet people in this game, and I don't like just letting them all live. I'd probably be on board for lynching Bathsheba, on the basis that she is a quiet person who the town may actually get behind (given Solomon talked about her). But I'm also willing to consider a vote for other people who are too quiet - as I've said all along, people like Stephen, Hagar, Gideon.

It's getting late, but I really want to make sure I pack everything in... what else can I think of...

Still support Balaam's lists and wary of those (eg Absalom) calling them out. Balaam is getting up there as one of the people I feel more comfortable about. It is possible to swim in too much raw data, but in my experience raw data is so incredibly important for the town in sock games - evidence is all the more important because of the lack of any meta.

I find myself getting confused between the R ladies - Rachel, Rebecca and Ruth (not Rahab). On the whole, I find these ladies to be adding value, but I really need to go back and read them to see which ones I'm agreeing with the most. Jephthah I'm now very much over my day one suspicion, he seems to be hunting hard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm also still supportive of a potential Uzziah vote. Things can happen in this game, and I'd like to know if there is a reason Job is so determined for this outcome.

I haven't had time yet to analyse the Cain voters, I wish I had more. Hopefully I'll do it before the vote, but obviously I won't be speaking more about it.

Lot, out. Gotta run from the destruction of Sodom, see you on the other side!
Reporting
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Balaam wrote:
Absalom wrote:Also, I want to lodge a complaint about Balaam's long, irrelevant lists. They make me want to vote for him, frankly.
Rachel wrote:Absalom, wanna elaborate on how that might make him bad? Or are you going to continue to act irrationally and condemn others for doing the same.
What she said. But seriously, Absalom, is that a complaint to the host or a complaint to your fellow players? If data scares or irritates you, then go ahead and vote for me. I think I'm being helpful. If you think I'm being a distraction or obstructive in some way, please let me know how and why. Maybe I can make my data dumps make a little more sense to you.
It's a complaint to everyone, because it's too hot and there's a lot of monkey business going on here that's not being called out, and I hate it. Bah.
I don't think you're being a distraction, I think you're creating the illusion of helpfulness. Posting a lot of data or superficial analysis makes it seem like you are helping the civvie cause, without actually accomplishing much. I think it's a baddie play.
Mordecai wrote:
Absalom wrote:Why would someone kill Paul? That's lame. I disapprove of that decision and I hate it. Bah.
This seems like ober compensation to me. A player who is a civ should never APPROVE of a night kill in he first place. I really dont like that he came in here just to state that he didnt like the night kill. The only time someone disapproves of a night kill is when they are with the baddies and their team made a decision they didnt like. Otherwise you never want anybody to die at all because it lessens your chances of winning Perhaps Absalom would have preferred the death of someone else instead?
Yeah, a Horseman would have been nice. Or maybe someone who is not contributing. It's disingenuous to pretend that all living players are equally valuable. Paul was contributing. Others aren't, so yeah, I would have preferred a different kill. Bah.

ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Rachel wrote: I am very much at odds with Absalom. He seems to have an excuse for everything and anything. In particular, he should show some shame for silencing a silenced player, but does not. Rather, he seems proud of it. I am not sure if that makes him bad, but it certainly makes me wary of his words.
I have to complain about this representation of me. I've explained why I disagree with you on this. If you're going to lynch everyone who disagrees with you, you're going to lose the game (unless you are a Heathen). I am not proud of lynching Cain (nor am I the only one who voted for him). I just don't think people who are not posting should be given a free ride if there are other reasons to suspect them. I'm so cranky about this, and I hate it. Bah.

ImageImageImage
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Ugh, everything is terrible. I mean the worst. I hate it. Let me post one more time to make my position on Cain quite clear so people stop accusing me of being proud (a sin) of lynching him.

I had one vote to cast, with the following options.
1. Vote for the person I thought was bad.
2. Vote for someone I didn't really think was bad, because the person I though was bad was either silenced or faking being silenced.

To me, option 2 is ridiculous and insane.But I realize other people disagree, and I don't call them out and vote for them just because they disagree with me. A difference of opinion on this question does not mean the differing parties are on opposite teams. I am also not the only person who voted for Cain. Many other people did, and the fact that you are singling e out for that vote is unfair and I am complaining about it. I hate it.

Bah.

ImageImageImage
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

Balaam wrote:Thanks to our host for giving us an extended Day 3! :beer:
Ya know now that I think about it, where did Epi say anything about this? Because it sure as hell wasnt in the game thread unless I missed it.
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

Actually nevermind. I see that the poll ends on monday, not today. Tin Foil hat deactivated.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Lot wrote:Now Absalom feels soooo closely linked with three out of four deaths. For me there are really only two possibilities - either Absalom is bad, or the heathen really have it in for him and are trying to set him up to look bad.
So, Lot, this is the only thing I find myself agreeing with in your expansive post against Absalom. And I'm surprised you're not more willing to consider this a possibility. As I've stated in a previous post, I believe that someone may be trying to control him in some way that causes him to be very angsty today. I'm also surprised that noone else seems to be talking about the possibility of Absalom being framed. Imo, Absalom is such an obvious link between 3 of the 4 deaths so far that I think there actually is a pattern between the NKs. And it's not that they were annoying.

I look forward to hearing other opinions and responses on this matter.

Also, Mordecai, can we have your sober opinion now that we have an extension? :beer:
Glad to see you made it home safe! Sorry you had a poor taxi experience, though :bighug:
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

Isaac wrote:
Also, Mordecai, can we have your sober opinion now that we have an extension? :beer:
I barely remember making that post, but they say a drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts so I'll stick by it.

Basically the condensed version is that I feel like him making that post was unnecessary fluff. If you're a civ, you shouldnt like a night kill period, no matter who dies. Saying "RIP" and what not is one thing, but specifically stating to the thread that you didnt like the nightkill and that you disagree with it seems weird to me. I'm unsure on whether or not that makes him bad, but I don't like it. It seems like over compensation. Like in a movie where somebody kills another character and they really oversell their reaction to the cops. It just seems off.
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Mordecai wrote:
Isaac wrote:
I barely remember making that post, but they say a drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts so I'll stick by it.

Basically the condensed version is that I feel like him making that post was unnecessary fluff. If you're a civ, you shouldnt like a night kill period, no matter who dies. Saying "RIP" and what not is one thing, but specifically stating to the thread that you didnt like the nightkill and that you disagree with it seems weird to me. I'm unsure on whether or not that makes him bad, but I don't like it. It seems like over compensation. Like in a movie where somebody kills another character and they really oversell their reaction to the cops. It just seems off.
There's no one in the game you would mourn more than anyone else? Bah, I don't have time for this. My feet hurt, and the beer is getting warm.

ImageImageImage
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

Absalom wrote:
Mordecai wrote:
Isaac wrote:

There's no one in the game you would mourn more than anyone else? Bah, I don't have time for this. My feet hurt, and the beer is getting warm.
Quoting this from you previous post for context on the matter
Yeah, a Horseman would have been nice. Or maybe someone who is not contributing. It's disingenuous to pretend that all living players are equally valuable. Paul was contributing. Others aren't, so yeah, I would have preferred a different kill. Bah.
Well I mean somewhat. It sucks that he's dead because he was at least making conversation for when he was able to talk, and the thread is less active without him. But surely you see why I think it's wrong that you would go "I would have much preferred that you guys kill Player A instead"? We don't want town deaths because it hurts our numbers, no matter who it is that died. Anybody can become valuable at any point in time. Just because they arent doing it now, doesnt mean they wont later.

Secondly I have great disdain for the fact that you are placing some kind of "value" rating on players. Get off your high horse. It makes it seem like you think some people are expendable and I do not agree with that in the slightest.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Thank you Mordecai. I can at least say that I don't disagree with you completely. I especially agree with your sentiments on "value rating" and, to a lesser extent, overselling ones feelings on the death of a potential civ. I just don't think he's bad atm

Return to “Previous Jobs”