The Flash: Battle for the Gem Cities (Day 12)

Moderator: Community Team

Can Someone Finally Die?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:52 pm

Bass 2.0
No votes
Black Rock
No votes
DFaraday
20%
FZ.
33%
Long Con
No votes
MetalMarsh89
No votes
Sophie
No votes
Devin the Omniscient
No votes
I...Iiii...I'm Still Alive (Host, Mod, Nons)
47%

Total votes: 15
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 220
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Re: The Flash: Battle for the Gem Cities (Day 6)

Post by Turnip Head »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I think timmer is a different role now. :shrug2:
See that's interesting because I was starting to consider him for Grodd :ponder:
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 672
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:
See that's interesting because I was starting to consider him for Grodd :ponder:
Why is that? If you are suggesting that a mind control was put on him, and failed, then what night would that have happened? rabbit would have been cursed Night 1. Myself on Night 2. BR on Night 3. MP on Night 4. Nobody last night.

I was actually thinking something a little less baddie.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 147

Post by Black Rock »

Turnip Head wrote:I also think BR and Timmer are both being narrow minded when they narrow down their Top suspects. I haven't ruled out the Top being any replaced player. There's nothing really linking the early rabbit and MM mind controls to the BR or even MP ones. It just looks like a lot of noise to me.

Actually I was just thinking about this. It's like you're reading my mind... :p I was thinking there is a possibility it could be a replaced player and one of the players where low posting and then got replaced but were still sending in PM's or they were linked with someone who got permission to help out with the role. I don't know. Just another possibility. I will not take my tin foil hat off though. It's protected me I swear. :nicenod:

Oh, to explain my thought process more. Rabbits mind control was fairly basic, MM's was more noise then control. I thought mine was very well thought out and well done, and if MP was also mind controlled to spread doubt, then I think that was well done as well. I think it has changed ever so slightly. So maybe a replaced, or maybe the player was finding his footing.
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Why is that? If you are suggesting that a mind control was put on him, and failed, then what night would that have happened? rabbit would have been cursed Night 1. Myself on Night 2. BR on Night 3. MP on Night 4. Nobody last night.

I was actually thinking something a little less baddie.
It was something that he said about LC and LC's post about Grodd a little earlier. He ruled LC out of being Grodd for a pretty whack reason. I wasn't looking at it from the mind control angle, I can't rule out that we have any of those missing. But I feel like he should have kept his vote on you, because he said he wasn't going to change it unless something big came up. Then he switched to DREAM for an offhanded remark. It felt proactively defensive on his part. That could be how he's playing it as a civvie too, it just felt... wrong. Like if he splits the vote between MM and DREAM, maybe Timmer catches a few votes and goes down in the crossfire.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Also, have we seen a Plunder kill for sure? Or was that recently and what you think Dream is? Sorry, I have a lot of things going on today and can't remember everything. Right now in my mind I don't remember a Plunder kill and I have attached that role to Soneji at this present moment.
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Black Rock wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I also think BR and Timmer are both being narrow minded when they narrow down their Top suspects. I haven't ruled out the Top being any replaced player. There's nothing really linking the early rabbit and MM mind controls to the BR or even MP ones. It just looks like a lot of noise to me.

Actually I was just thinking about this. It's like you're reading my mind... :p I was thinking there is a possibility it could be a replaced player and one of the players where low posting and then got replaced but were still sending in PM's or they were linked with someone who got permission to help out with the role. I don't know. Just another possibility. I will not take my tin foil hat off though. It's protected me I swear. :nicenod:

Oh, to explain my thought process more. Rabbits mind control was fairly basic, MM's was more noise then control. I thought mine was very well thought out and well done, and if MP was also mind controlled to spread doubt, then I think that was well done as well. I think it has changed ever so slightly. So maybe a replaced, or maybe the player was finding his footing.
Remember in Death Note when everyone was convinced that the Death Note was changing hands because the kill styles and times were changing? But in reality, it was actually the same person every time?

We had a learning curve to go through as the baddies in that game. Testing different things to see what was effective and what would cause the most dissension. When you have that much control over your actions as a player, you're not going to get it right on the first night, nor are you going to target every person with the same thing. Or at least I wouldn't anyway.

I thought that timmer fit the ideal Top perfectly. But after last night, I decided I don't think he is the Top anymore.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Black Rock wrote:Also, have we seen a Plunder kill for sure? Or was that recently and what you think Dream is? Sorry, I have a lot of things going on today and can't remember everything. Right now in my mind I don't remember a Plunder kill and I have attached that role to Soneji at this present moment.
There was no Plunder kill Night 2, and then we had two mystery kills Night 4. Llama's team doesn't kill on odd nights so they were probably two baddie kills. But you're right there's been no explicit Plunder kill at all. That's part of the reason it seems so sinister.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Black Rock wrote:Also, have we seen a Plunder kill for sure? Or was that recently and what you think Dream is? Sorry, I have a lot of things going on today and can't remember everything. Right now in my mind I don't remember a Plunder kill and I have attached that role to Soneji at this present moment.
There seemed to be two kills on Night 4, so it's been assumed that Plunder was one of them.

Linki: I think you mean llama's team DOES kill on odd nights.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 91

Post by Mister Rearranger »

Hey guys, got called into work (and you all know how much I love that). So the lynch post is gonna be a couple hours late today.

Should be home around 6:30-7.
We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.

Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Ok, so then Dream likely = Plunder. Alright, I have been within my own tunnel vision and not seeing the whole picture. I'm changing my vote.
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

I still agree with LC and think Soneji sounded like a frustrated baddie. I think he'll need to be lynched at one point.
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Black Rock wrote:I still agree with LC and think Soneji sounded like a frustrated baddie. I think he'll need to be lynched at one point.
Where did he sound like a frustrated baddie? I don't remember a single post from him.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Black Rock wrote:Ok, so then Dream likely = Plunder. Alright, I have been within my own tunnel vision and not seeing the whole picture. I'm changing my vote.
I don't think it's that simple. Possibility? Yes. But I mean, Plunder could have just been blocked on Night 2.

And then there is Devin and Bass 2.0 who both replaced in on Day 3.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

And here is Soneji's last post.

Day 2

Frustrated?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:
Black Rock wrote:I still agree with LC and think Soneji sounded like a frustrated baddie. I think he'll need to be lynched at one point.
Where did he sound like a frustrated baddie? I don't remember a single post from him.
I would also like to hear more about this, BR.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 235

Post by timmer »

Turnip Head wrote:I'm not sure I like the easy pileup on DREAM. DREAM, you were singled out over someone like Soneji because there's speculation that a more recent replacement took over a killing role, since we were missing some kills before you subbed in. I think you missed that part, or you didn't respond to it, which inadvertently makes me feel better about you. I don't really like your singular focus on SVS today though. I think there's been other things going on worth discussing. Maybe you are mind controlled.

I don't think SVS is bad, I think she's more likely to not read fully or defend strongly when she's a civvie, but I do think her vote for DREAM is just as opportunistic as DREAM's vote for SVS, and this was the reason SVS gave for voting her.

SVS you still haven't elaborated on the Sophie portion of your post. I guess maybe it's because you don't feel strongly about it anymore. But I feel like she is getting a free pass. Soneji is getting a free pass too but that's a different story.

Timmer, why did you vote DREAM over one flippant comment, instead of staying on MM - who you went to some lengths to suspect for game related reasons?
I'm at work so mustbebrief, but it is because no one else was voting mm, and dreams post sounded chirpy in a way I didn't like. I will return to mm but for today I'm ok with joining the dream train.
My siggie.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Did you see her reply about it? I think there's good reasons to suspect DREAM, but I don't think that line is one of them.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Is this the Soneji bit that you're referring to BR?
Soneji wrote:I had been under the impression that the mafia in some way knew each others identities but just couldn't talk to each other until the Blacksmith used her ability on them. Basically just delayed team chat between the mafia. It just seems rather unfathomable to me that mafia do not know each others identities, the whole basis of this game is founded upon town having only knowledge of their own roles mostly while mafia knows who they all are. Then you consider that if the mafia faction killer doesn't know who his teammates are he might hit one of them. As a player and as a host it just doesn't make sense in my mind.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
I would also like to hear more about this, BR.
I went back and looked, maybe I was thinking of someone else and confusing them. It will take me more than a quick minute to find it but I don't have more than right now. You guys have already distracted me enough for today. :D

I'm thinking about a certain post I read but it doesn't seem to be Soneji.
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 353

Post by FZ. »

Ahhhhh, so much to read. I'm caught up but confused.

What if Bass is bad, and realized that Roxy was CC. He defends her so she doesn't kill him. Then, when she's dead, he comes out and says what she was because it makes him look more trust worthy. Why did we all back off him?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Bass has been pretty quiet since then, so it's tough to get a read on him. I was feeling much better about Bass 2.0 than Bass OG though, when he was talking.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Turnip Head wrote:Bass has been pretty quiet since then, so it's tough to get a read on him. I was feeling much better about Bass 2.0 than Bass OG though, when he was talking.
I was too, but I realize now it's mostly because of what he said about Roxy
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I kinda wish llama would come in and talk more. I know he doesn't have to defend himself at all, but he really hasn't said much since his resurrection.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I kinda wish llama would come in and talk more. I know he doesn't have to defend himself at all, but he really hasn't said much since his resurrection.
He said the right person to lynch is Dream. Not sure if it implies anything :shrug:
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

So everyone has voted for Dream but LC and Dream...and me.
If she's bad, who is bad with her?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

FZ. wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I kinda wish llama would come in and talk more. I know he doesn't have to defend himself at all, but he really hasn't said much since his resurrection.
He said the right person to lynch is Dream. Not sure if it implies anything :shrug:
Good point. I guess it could. I am just not used to a quiet llama.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 174

Post by DharmaHelper »

What the fuck is a Morlock
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 135

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

I will also vote Dream. Sorry for the shit play the last couple phases.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:I will also vote Dream. Sorry for the shit play the last couple phases.
Why are you voting her?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
DREAM
Posts in topic: 16

Post by DREAM »

Wow...just wow. So we're voting me just for the hell of it now? Look at those voters and keep them in mind, especially the Kris Kross voters... They MISSED THE BUS and decided to JUMP on this bandwagon and it's totally BACKWARDS.

Linki: What reason are you voting me?
:workit:
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Two reasons which aren't amazing reasons.
1. I agree that I think the killer could have been someone not playing earlier this game and got replaced.
2. The person I would like to lynch won't get enough votes this lynch so I'm not ready to stir that pot up yet.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:Two reasons which aren't amazing reasons.
1. I agree that I think the killer could have been someone not playing earlier this game and got replaced.
2. The person I would like to lynch won't get enough votes this lynch so I'm not ready to stir that pot up yet.

1. Why not Devine for example?
2. Who's the other person? Is it Timmer? How is stirring the pot going to help us?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

FZ. wrote:

2. Who's the other person? Is it Timmer? How is stirring the pot going to help us?
No its not timmer I think I was wrong about him. I think he was just made a mistake getting Roxy lynched.
The person I think should be lynched is MM.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Wait, what? The poll ended???!!! I thought we had a few more hours. I can't keep up with it changing every day :(

linki: I guess it doesn't matter now.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
FZ. wrote:

No its not timmer I think I was wrong about him. I think he was just made a mistake getting Roxy lynched.
I don't think I've ever played a game where you didn't want me lynched.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
FZ. wrote:

I don't think I've ever played a game where you didn't want me lynched.
Thats not true. LMS and HSK I was against a MM lynch. lol
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 136

Post by thellama73 »

Hey presto! Whatcha wanna know?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 136

Post by thellama73 »

You may ask me three questions before I disappear into the ether again.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 174

Post by DharmaHelper »

thellama73 wrote:You may ask me three questions before I disappear into the ether again.
That this post was made almost 2 hours ago pleases me in ways I cannot describe.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 454
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

*fingers crossed for DREAM being Plunder*

HOST, if Plunder dies, does the baddie nightkill die with him?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Sophie and FZ, who would you have voted for?
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

^Maybe Dream, for the fact that I still think the killer was one of the replacements and the fact llama said to vote there. But on the other hand, she seemed really annoyed with the bandwagon, which is why I was trying to figure out what's going on, thinking there was more time.
I don't think LC is her buddy, nor SVS, so it makes me wonder if she is the baddie if everyone else voted for her. I hope she is
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

If DREAM is a New Rogue, she is more than likely not one with BTSC... I don't know which inactive player she replaced, but I don't think it's too likely that Blacksmith would have searched an inactive player for a teammate.

Point being, that would make it unlikely that we could track down other New Rogues by watching the voting pattern on this one. I realize as well that I didn't vote for her, so saying that would seem to be in my own personal interest, but I'm just saying it because it's probably the truth.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

FZ. wrote:^Maybe Dream, for the fact that I still think the killer was one of the replacements and the fact llama said to vote there. But on the other hand, she seemed really annoyed with the bandwagon, which is why I was trying to figure out what's going on, thinking there was more time.
I don't think LC is her buddy, nor SVS, so it makes me wonder if she is the baddie if everyone else voted for her. I hope she is
I meant to ask you, why did you take Llama's vouch so strongly? I guess I'm just pretty used to him :llama: , but even though Llama states his opinion so matter of factly it doesn't always mean that he knows what he's talking about.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Turnip Head wrote:
FZ. wrote:^Maybe Dream, for the fact that I still think the killer was one of the replacements and the fact llama said to vote there. But on the other hand, she seemed really annoyed with the bandwagon, which is why I was trying to figure out what's going on, thinking there was more time.
I meant to ask you, why did you take Llama's vouch so strongly? I guess I'm just pretty used to him :llama: , but even though Llama states his opinion so matter of factly it doesn't always mean that he knows what he's talking about.
Are you speaking of Llama's "vouch" that DREAM is a baddie?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Long Con wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Are you speaking of Llama's "vouch" that DREAM is a baddie?
:nicenod: I didn't really know what else to call it. I should have put it in quotes like you did.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Given who Llama is, I read most of his opinions like that as vouches... with the caveat, of course, that the Pied Piper got correct information. Some of it surely HAS to be true, though, so the farther we get into the game, the more trustable Llama's player-opinions become.

I do hope we hear from the Piper tomorrow Mafia-morning though. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there was no Piper post today, maybe not yesterday. (My memory is a bit sketchy due to a double-day and a cancelled night)
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Okay, but it was just yesterday that Llama vouched and unvouched for a few people with just as strong words, didn't he? And even if Pied Piper info is in play, it's still not a guaranteed read, and even if it somehow was he would have said something much earlier in the lynch. I simply read it as Llama phoning it in for this lynch, tbh.

I just think we should take Llama's opinions with a grain of salt and treat them for just what they are: Llama's opinions. I was thinking FZ might have appreciated the point I'm making here most of all, which is why I'm asking her about it.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:Okay, but it was just yesterday that Llama vouched and unvouched for a few people with just as strong words, didn't he? And even if Pied Piper info is in play, it's still not a guaranteed read, and even if it somehow was he would have said something much earlier in the lynch. I simply read it as Llama phoning it in for this lynch, tbh.

I just think we should take Llama's opinions with a grain of salt and treat them for just what they are: Llama's opinions. I was thinking FZ might have appreciated the point I'm making here most of all, which is why I'm asking her about it.
If you've got any suggestions of who we should listen to aside from llama, I'm all ears. :grin:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Okay, but it was just yesterday that Llama vouched and unvouched for a few people with just as strong words, didn't he? And even if Pied Piper info is in play, it's still not a guaranteed read, and even if it somehow was he would have said something much earlier in the lynch. I simply read it as Llama phoning it in for this lynch, tbh.

If you've got any suggestions of who we should listen to aside from llama, I'm all ears. :grin:
I was thinking about listening to Bass and Timmer :ponder:

Return to “Previous Jobs”