Bathsheba
No votes
Lot
No votes
Pilate
8%
Rahab
23%
The Witch of Endor (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
69%

Total votes: 13
MartinWP69
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
They/them/theirs/themself
"That One Idiot"
It’s my birthday

Re: Biblical Mafia [CHAPTER IV]

Post by MartinWP69 »

As long as we all are in a consensus for voting Rebecca, I think we should do that. Once that flip occurs, and assuming it's a scum flip, then we'll have Chapter V and we can discuss Pilate and Rahab (as well as others) in even more detail.

That's not to say I think we should stop discussion here, far from it, but I do think it's good that we're coming to an early coalescence around Rebecca. I suppose how could we not though? Rebecca's behavior is ridiculously scummy.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 79

Post by Gunther »

I agree with you about Deborah Stephen. I notice that she didn't post between May 21st where she voted Jeph and today June 7th except to step in and vote Isaac twice. On the 7th of course she voted Lot. I think this is baddie play, stay out of the conversation and contribute some votes to the cause. I could see her teammates convincing her to come out and vote for what could be the most important lynch in the game. By the way, she had other gaps in her posting this was just the most pronounced.

Well I guess I will vote for Jeph for the game.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

EBWOP: I meant to say Rebecca not Deborah.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Rachel Green »

I cut down your quote a bit just to keep post length shorter.....
Stephen wrote: If we lynch Pilate, Rebecca, and Rahab and the game isn't over, then we should reevaluate. Of course, that's my opinion.

Does that answer your question, Esther?
Yes...what you say makes sense.

Are you sure you're not Stephen 2.0? Hehe.
Stephen wrote:Thanks, Lot. I would agree with you that Rahab is the #2 after Rebecca, but what do you make of Pilate spearheading the move against you this past lynch? That's what put him above Rahab for me.
I see Lot's perspective on Rahab being #2, but I have had bad feelings about Pilate ALL game and this is actually some evidence to back up my gut.
Stephen wrote:As long as we all are in a consensus for voting Rebecca, I think we should do that.
I'm in.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Just taking another look at the votes, Rebecca has not voted one baddie the whole game. And yes, I'm in on Rebecca.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 135

Post by Epignosis »

The second Bible trivia event will begin soon. The same rules apply. If you are a contestant, sign in as your fake name. If you are a spectator, sign in as "Spectator####," replacing the four symbols with numbers.

Link is here: http://us20.chatzy.com/24257693331804

Please do not give help or post while a question is live.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
dodo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 153

Post by dodo »

:noble:
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 59
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Joe Who? »

Voting Rachelites, because it's there and not voted for yet. And yay for getting Deborah! I am never, ever disregarding what look like obvious baddie behaviors ever again during and after this game. Now to talk about one of my favorite subjects: Me. Just kidding I'm not that conceited but I figured I should address the issue
Stephen wrote:Regarding Rahab, yes, she is the most helpful seeming and seems least likely in that regard of the three, since Rebecca and Pilate are outright wolfy, but Rahab's voting record is what sinks her. In addition, her vote this past lynch was a suspicious noncommittal "throw off" vote, with her reasoning appearing more fabricated than yours. She also looks worse than you in terms of overall voting record this game and in terms of subtle manipulation of the thread.
I am on board with Pilate and Rebecca, especially Rebecca after this last lynch. Her votes have been awful and her participation worse. My vote? I feel like that I'm put in a position where my vote yesterday would look bad regardless because people have chosen to see me in a bad light. My major options:

1) Vote for Lot when I believe he is good, despite sentiments in the thread against him. Obviously I didn't do that and I don't even need to explain why that would be terrible, unless someone actually needs an explanation.
2) Vote Deborah at the time that I did, with three votes on her (mine would make four) and two votes on Lot. Instead of being the "clincher," you (and that's the general you of those seeing me as bad) likely would've called me out for hopping on what was now hopeless for Deborah (given the track record of missing votes in this game) to paint me in a bad light.
3) Vote for Pilate, which I did, and is apparently a "throw off" vote. People talked about Pilate coming in guns a-blazin' against Lot and, as I said before, saying that Deborah looked bad because she trusted him when he was obviously not trusted by the rest of the thread. I voted him because he looked worse than Deborah, and I explained myself. I was surprised later, honestly, that no one else went after him. Glad to see that the suspicion hasn't died after this lynch.
4) Vote for anyone else. See "throw off vote."

I feel like I've been fairly helpful in discussion (albeit quiet, but not nonexistent in the thread). My voting record has its ups and downs, but so does everyone's (and some with many more downs than others, including mine). I am used to voting what I see personally as bad rather than what is necessarily popular in the thread, especially in large games when bandwagons and thread manipulation are so much easier for baddies to accomplish in a crowd. But I can see where at this point in the game, we've gotta be all in with no outliers if possible (especially with Lot/Lazarus going at it), so I understand the suspicion. Am I making sense or babbling?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Biblical Mafia [POLLS]

Post by Epignosis »

What tribe shall you join (max 2 per tribe)?

Absalomites
Jacob (2), Stephen (3)
22%

Jephthahites
Lot (6), Bathsheba (8)
22%

Nicodemusites
No votes

Rachelites
Rahab (9)
11%

Belshazzarites
Esther (7)
11%

Afraidofhites (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
Epignosis (1), MovingPictures07 (4), acrosstheaether (5)
33%

Total votes : 9
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Thank you to all who participated in the trivia event (even if half of you were drunk off your asses :meany: ). Now stone somebody.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 21

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:Thank you to all who participated in the trivia event (even if half of you were drunk off your asses :meany: ). Now stone somebody.
Wine figures centrtally in the Bible.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 36

Post by Golden »

Epi only allowed water to be consumed. But hey, miracles happen.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 13

Post by DharmaHelper »

Christ has no more blood left at this point.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 63
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Good job guys... I'm glad this lynch seemingly gives us a some good info about where to go from here. If you lynch me, you'll be lynching a Civ, so I recommend you try out some others on your list first. You really dropped any trust you had that I'm not a Heathen based on my Lot vote. I guess you think that I was after Uzziah and voted for him with my first real case as his teammate... and that the other Heathen I voted for was also my teammate. Belshazzar, was it? I think so. And it was all a plan to initially suspect Absalom, but then to turn around and give him my trust. That's not the case though.

Lot is pretty much right about my lack of reading in-depth. I don't really know why there are several people vouching for him, but I can accept that there are very good reasons for saying so. If nothing else, I hope you're right that my vote created a place for the baddies to try and save Deborah. I hope you believe me, but if you agree with Stephen that I don't deserve to make it to a win in this game, then you can vote me for that, and it will be valid. I started out a little overwhelmed and confused by the socks and the similarity between them, and it has been hard to focus on the broader game as a result. So I've tried to do what I could in tighter gut reads.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Jack Shephard »

Belshazzar was a Horseman, not a Heathen. Still, I think your earlier record was decent (maybe not "unimpeachable" but there were some points in your favor although I did suspect you a couple times) but I think it is possible you are recruited Judas. Anyway I think Rebecca is the priority for today.
MartinWP69
Sockpuppet Account
"That One Idiot"
It’s my birthday

Post by MartinWP69 »

Jacob wrote:Belshazzar was a Horseman, not a Heathen. Still, I think your earlier record was decent (maybe not "unimpeachable" but there were some points in your favor although I did suspect you a couple times) but I think it is possible you are recruited Judas. Anyway I think Rebecca is the priority for today.
Pretty much this.

Is anyone nervous about Rebecca being town and/or does anyone have any better suggestions? It seems we're all in agreement. Just want to keep the discussion going.
Sockys2023
The Mark
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Sockys2023 »

Epignosis wrote:Thank you to all who participated in the trivia event (even if half of you were drunk off your asses :meany: ). Now stone somebody.
tfw you miss the event because you're already stoned. :mafia:
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 391

Post by Snapshot »

I'm thinking, as a guess, that Belshazzar won the bible trivia (and so Esther was removed from the poll) and so Belshazzar got to remove a name from the poll and chose Malchus. An interesting choice. I wonder if he wants to wifom us into thinking Malchus could be bad. But he could have messed with us much more by removing Rebecca.

Some of you may have been able to attend and know if Belshazzar won.
Reporting
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Yeah, Belsh won.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Jacob in the first Bible jeopardy the participants all were disguised so we know Anon (I think it was Anon) won but we didn't know who that was. How do you know who it was? Did they eventually announce the winner and I just missed it?

Also I am ready to vote for Rebecca. I'll check the voting to see if we have enough of a consensus that we've started voting yet.
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 18

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

Bathsheba wrote:Jacob in the first Bible jeopardy the participants all were disguised so we know Anon (I think it was Anon) won but we didn't know who that was. How do you know who it was? Did they eventually announce the winner and I just missed it?

Also I am ready to vote for Rebecca. I'll check the voting to see if we have enough of a consensus that we've started voting yet.
Psssst........the name you're looking for is "Amor"
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

They weren't disguised this time. I guess because the teams were the player names, not the biblical tribes.
MartinWP69
Sockpuppet Account
"That One Idiot"
It’s my birthday

Post by MartinWP69 »

I have cast my vote for Rebecca. Normally, I would argue that we wait longer, but I believe we've discussed it sufficiently. I really hope she isn't just a terribly disengaged civilian, but I highly doubt it.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Rachel Green »

Stephen wrote:I have cast my vote for Rebecca. Normally, I would argue that we wait longer, but I believe we've discussed it sufficiently. I really hope she isn't just a terribly disengaged civilian, but I highly doubt it.
Great minds think alike. I just came into the thread about 2 minutes ago and wondered, hmm, I thought we were mostly in agreement on Rebecca and no one's voted. I am going to go ahead and place my vote as well.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Thanks TGG - I knew the "A" at least.

Ok, I see everyone is arriving and thinking it's time we voted for Rebecca. Haven't heard anyone say we should consider someone else so my vote is going in now.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

I will cast my vote for Rebecca as well.
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 59
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Joe Who? »

Rebecca it is.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Rebecca... ecca... echo... ditto...
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 391

Post by Snapshot »

This has been very easy, lets hope that isn't a bad sign.

At this point, though, if Rebecca is bad I guess what other choice does Rebecca's last remaining teammate have but to conform with the crowd.
Reporting
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Kent Brockman »

Voted Lot.
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 76

Post by Quokka »

Voting Rebbecca, seems straightforward to me andI see nothing else I can add the I this current convo. Tomorrow will be interesting I think.
To be recycled
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 258

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Dear Living Players,

Scary movie night was such a success that we're going to to another one soon. Tomorrow's double feature is Red Dragon and The Hills Run Red. Until then, we've got plenty of Cincinnati baseball. I heard someone mention something about a video game tournament. I hope it's true. Red Dead Revolver is an awesome game.

Yesterday we did another book club meeting. This time it was The Hunt for Red October. We followed it up with a screening of the film. Boy did Alec Baldwin ever let himself go!

I hear we'll likely be getting a new resident soon, which is great because that means a get-to-know-again pillow fight / dance party! I got a look at the music for the night. Not sure who snuck Rednex in here but I guess some people out there must actually like "Cotton Eye Joe." After we get through that sad tune it should get better. Taylor Swift night! Woo hoo!

TTFN- ta ta for now!

-Balaam
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Biblical Mafia [POLLS]

Post by Epignosis »

Who is wicked among you?

Poll ended at Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:19 pm

Bathsheba
No votes

Jacob
No votes

Lazarus
Lot (4)
7%

Lot
Lazarus (11)
7%

Pilate
No votes

Rahab
No votes

Rebecca
Stephen (5), Esther (6), Bathsheba (7), Pilate (8), Rahab (9), Jacob (10), Samuel (13)
50%

Samuel
No votes

Stephen
No votes

Deborah (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
Epignosis (1), MovingPictures07 (2), Metalmarsh89 (3), Bass_the_Clever (12), Golden (14)
36%

Total votes : 14
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Second Mafioso

Chapter IV
1 The death of the Philistine had emboldened the people, and they accused Rebecca of trying to save the foreign giant. 2 “Rebecca testified in favor of Deborah; therefore she must be put to death.” 3 When Rebecca heard this, she girded up her loins and ran to her home. For at her house was a mighty spear. 4 But when she reached thither, she found that her spear was not there. 5 “Woe has fallen upon me this day!” she lamented. “For someone this day has stolen the tool of my salvation!” 6 Rebecca left her home to flee, but the people of Sin-d’kaht fell upon her and stoned her. 7 And after they had stoned Rebecca, they beheld a spear come from heaven and pierce the body of Malchus, who died that same hour. 8 “Did Rebecca throw this spear? How could Rebecca throw a spear after she had perished?”
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

I felt certain Rebecca was bad but it appears she was not. RIP Rebecca. And I'm glad Malchus is gone but I wish I knew who he was.

I think I'm voting for 24 hour days but I want to hear some opinions on it before I vote.
MartinWP69
Sockpuppet Account
"That One Idiot"
It’s my birthday

Post by MartinWP69 »

Wow, WTF. It must be Rahab and Pilate. I can't believe it.
MartinWP69
Sockpuppet Account
"That One Idiot"
It’s my birthday

Post by MartinWP69 »

Rebecca should be ashamed, she might have cost the civilians the game. Let's hope not. What a terrible display.

Oh well.

I'm voting 24 hours, I suppose.
MartinWP69
Sockpuppet Account
"That One Idiot"
It’s my birthday

Post by MartinWP69 »

Stephen wrote:If I do die tonight, I can 99% vouch for Lot and Samuel at this point. Also feeling very good about Bathsheba and Jacob. Town needs to stick together and really put in 100% to win this game. It is now possible, with Lot's survival.

It would be very silly for the wolves to eat me tonight though, lest they want to completely ruin their potential conquest.
Requoting this from right after Chapter III's lynch. I still believe this is true.

I will be voting for either Pilate or Rahab tomorrow, assuming I'm still alive.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 13

Post by DharmaHelper »

Is that the correct use of shalt?
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

I hear you Stephen and I agree on everything you just said. (Though I can't vouch for anyone I believe your vouches and agree on Jacob and of course me). I'm ready to stay united on whatever direction we go.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Stephen wrote:Wow, WTF. It must be Rahab and Pilate. I can't believe it.
Bathsheba wrote:I hear you Stephen and I agree on everything you just said. (Though I can't vouch for anyone I believe your vouches and agree on Jacob and of course me). I'm ready to stay united on whatever direction we go.
If you lynch me, you'll be lynching a Civilian. If Stephen says I have to be one of them, then perhaps he's one of them, and trying to lead the thread to a baddie victory.

Should I prove that I'm a Civ? I think that might be against the rules, I'll have to look/ask. Either way, you can lynch me tomorrow and then believe me, or you can believe me now. Why do you trust Stephen? Because he's vouching for a couple of Civs? There is no one who can vouch easier for Civs than a baddie.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

I will vote for 24 hours.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Wtf?!?!?! No way. I agree with Stephen -- I am annoyed that Rebecca has not been in the thread to defend herself and just let us waste a lynch. I was so confident about her being bad. Damn.

Inclined to go for Rahab next -- still a little wary regarding Pilate but it is looking most likely he is bad. And 24 hours it is.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Why is it likely that I'm bad? What makes that likely?
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Mostly because Lot vouches for Stephen. And Pilate, I would need to understand how you were unimpeachable but now are not before voting you. I think that will be a discussion point tomorrow.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Well, it would make the most sense that he's Judas if he was "unimpeachable" earlier and now isn't.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

I was answering Pilates first question for me up there ^.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

I'm not Judas. And my being "unimpeachable" was always just a decision you had to make for yourself based on my actions. It didn't have any game-related connotations, it was only about how you felt about me. I wasn't "unimpeachable before but not unimpeachable now", I think you are misunderstanding that whole thing.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

And if I've misunderstood it I need to understand it. I thought it was due to some votes.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Bathsheba wrote:Mostly because Lot vouches for Stephen.
And you believe Lot is Simon the Zealot because of his single-minded voting? And that Stephen is a Disciple that found him, or vice versa?

Return to “Previous Jobs”