Bathsheba
No votes
Lot
No votes
Pilate
8%
Rahab
23%
The Witch of Endor (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
69%

Total votes: 13
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 80
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: Biblical Mafia [ENDGAME]

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:Helo,
My name is Absalom and I'm a Horseman of the Apocalypse.

Epig, this is without exaggeration my favorite mafia game I've ever played. Your host posts were inspired, and the socks were so much fun.

I also think it's by far my best performance. I had to mark ten people at the beginning of the game I had to kill in order to win, and I personally led lynches on five of them. The fact that I managed to end the game with everyone trusting me, even though I have never been more manipulative, makes me super happy.
Well played, sir. Very well played. I thought you were a civilian up until the end. No idea that you were a fellow Horseman!
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 13

Post by DharmaHelper »

First, I was Paul. Civilian.
You loudmouthed bastard.

I was Nico/Famine, and my win condition was dependent on the number of posts at endgame. :suspish:
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 135

Post by Epignosis »

Belshazzar wrote:
Epignosis wrote:How appropriate: Seven winners. :noble:

Feel free to post as yourselves.
Wait, Samson? :llama:
Always someone around to ruin the perfect number. Yes, Samson, the dead guy won too.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I must prepare a meal for mine wife.

I shall be hither and thither. Feel free to talk amongst yourselves.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 51

Post by Ricochet »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Belshazzar wrote:I'm not posting who I was yet. You all have three guesses.
Hello, Ricochet. ;)

I had most of the players pegged by Day 2. :feb:
Hiiiiiiiiii. :grin:

Fucking hell, Llama killed me. I'm doomed to battle him even in sock. :sigh: I had Nicodemus down as Llama.

If you guys won't flood (pun intended) the thread during the next hour, I'll try to wrap my stats and post thoughts. Otherwise, I'm bailing out.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DharmaHelper wrote:
You loudmouthed bastard.

I was Nico/Famine, and my win condition was dependent on the number of posts at endgame. :suspish:
Didn't you just love it? :feb:

I wanted to take advantage of the sockpuppet to play an entirely different game. Having played recently at NF, RYM, and spectated Game 3 of the Championships, I based Paul on one player from each of those, with of course some of my own antics thrown in there. :P
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Jack Shephard »

Phew go civvies! Still pissed that I was so close and didn't quite make it to the end :(
And lol Absalom was a horseman, wow!! So I really want to learn more about them, what exactly was your win condition MP? (interesting that you all win even though you're dead -- but then I guess that makes some sense, with Death and all...)

Also interested to find out who people were. I have some guesses for a few, but mostly it was fun being in the dark.

Wonder if anyone could tell who I am? I don't think I've been too sneaky in my posting style, especially toward the end.
Spoiler: show
Nutella here :ninja:

linki: okay gonna post this then read that whole list. :popcorn:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Epignosis wrote:
Belshazzar wrote:

Always someone around to ruin the perfect number. Yes, Samson, the dead guy won too.
WOOOOOOO

So glad for my bud Marshy. :slick:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Epignosis wrote:
Belshazzar wrote:

I had to update the story to reflect the truth.

The Bible can't be wrong you know. ;)
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 21

Post by thellama73 »

What were the win conditions of the other Horsemen?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Wow okay turns out the only ones I had right were Dom/Rachel (easy :p ) and Niju/Rahab.
LC was Pilate?!?!?!? Whaaaat
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

and the horsemen didn't know who each other were? interesting indeed
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Elohcin »

We made a few mistakes, but all in all, I thought this was a great game, very fun. I loved how close it was in the end. :D
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 11
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

who was Amor in the first Bible jeopardy? Was it nutella?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse
“Come and see.” Revelation 6:7

Conquest, the White Horseman
*Secrets*
Conquest must divide the people into three factions of eleven each on Day 0 (excluding himself). Conquest must then choose which faction will have the most people alive at the end. Conquest wins if he has supported the victorious faction. Each Night, Conquest may switch six living names (4 living horsemen), four living names (3 living horsemen), two living names (2 living horsemen), or zero names (1 living horseman). If Conquest dies, the last living name on Conquest’s chosen faction will die. Conquest does not need to be alive to win.

War, the Red Horseman
*Secrets*
War makes it necessary that others be dead for his targets to win. War chooses ten marks on Day 0 to wage war against. War may choose one person each Night, and, through the Host, inform that target which person (the mark) has to be dead for the target to win. For each slain horseman, one target (the latest onward) will be told that the requirement is no longer valid. War wins if nine of the ten people he has marked are dead. If War dies, then the first living person War has targeted will die. War does not need to be alive to win.

Famine, the Black Horseman
*Secrets*
Famine weakens someone through malnourishment. Famine’s target can only post one time the next Day. Once, Famine may silence up to three people at the same time for the next Day. Famine wins if the number of posts at endgame do not exceed 9,000 posts (4 living horsemen), 8,000 posts (3 living horsemen), 7,000 posts (2 living horsemen), 6,000 posts (1 living horseman), or 5,000 posts (0 living horsemen). If Famine dies, the person with the fewest number of posts will die. Posts made by the host, non-players, and the dead will not count toward the total. Famine does not need to be alive to win.

Death, the Pale Horseman
*Secrets*
Death must choose a dead target each Night. Death wins if: 22 people are dead (4 living horsemen), 24 people are dead (3 living horsemen), 26 people are dead (2 living horsemen), 28 people are dead (1 living horseman), or 30 people are dead (no living horsemen). If Death dies, Death’s current target will be resurrected. Death does not need to be alive to win.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Elohcin »

And, I haven't been able to say ONE thing about my kids all game. So...Simon learned to swim today!!!
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 13

Post by DharmaHelper »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
You loudmouthed bastard.

Didn't you just love it? :feb:

I wanted to take advantage of the sockpuppet to play an entirely different game. Having played recently at NF, RYM, and spectated Game 3 of the Championships, I based Paul on one player from each of those, with of course some of my own antics thrown in there. :P
Was funny.

Was also funny to post relevant bible verses.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Here are the people I marked at the beginning of the game to kill. They were all obnoxious people I thought would get themselves killed, so no surprise that MP, SVS, and Rico were there. :P

Balaam
Belshazzar
Cain
Jonah
Jonathan
Lot
Mordecai
Paul
Ruth
Uzziah

I had to kill nine out of ten out of them, which I accomplished by the time I died, but one more day and I think I could have had Lot. (Why didn't the Heathens ever kill him? He was such an obvious target?)
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Jacob wrote:Phew go civvies! Still pissed that I was so close and didn't quite make it to the end :(
And lol Absalom was a horseman, wow!! So I really want to learn more about them, what exactly was your win condition MP? (interesting that you all win even though you're dead -- but then I guess that makes some sense, with Death and all...)
I was disappointed at first when I received the Horseman role for Stephen, since I was hoping to continue playing as a civilian. I really was upset when I was silenced D2 and then killed N2 as Paul, but I figured it would happen, and it worked out well for me to play other mafia games thereafter and due to my RL. I sacrificed studying for a major test by posting as Paul early on and knew I couldn't keep that up for the rest of the game. :P

Funny story, I was actually busy most of D2, and was going to play it off as Paul being silent until EoD on purpose, but then I logged into my sock toward the end and realized I had been silenced. :haha:

As for my win condition as Stephen, my predecessor (Aces) had to split all of the players into three factions at the very start of the game. One was declared a winning faction and the other two were the losing factions. At endgame, I had to have more players alive in my winning faction than my losing factions. Every Night, I could switch the names of 0/2/4/6 living players, depending on how many Horsemen were alive. I did not know their identities. I couldn't move a player's name once they had died.

So I initially played pro-civilian and tried to adjust my list in accordance, but then I realized it would be too difficult to balance, and I quieted down, especially because of playing in the Economics game which just finished not that long ago.

I only started speaking back up and played a pro-civilian game once Deborah got lynched, since at that point, I knew my voting record made me appear WAY too good, and right around that time I couldn't move my names anymore, since Jonah had died. Consequently, I wanted to exert as much influence on the thread as possible.

Contrary to my list, I actually did go after Pilate, even though he was stuck in my winning faction at that point (even though I was going to swap him the same Night I could no longer move names), because at that point I knew I seemed super civilian to everyone, and with Deborah's flip, I felt the civilians deserved to win more so than everyone else. I figured I could still pull off a win, if I was lucky, even if I sacrificed Pilate, so I viewed it as a necessary sacrifice, since the importance of helping the civilians win this game was nearly as much as winning the game for my own sake at that point.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 10
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

And we would've won too, if it weren't for you meddling Horsemen :P This was sooooo much fun and soooo much work. Thank God I finished with real work like a week ago so I could dedicate a stupid amount of time to it, regardless of the end :feb: Well done, everyone!!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

So I actually had DH pinned as Absalom and Llama as Nicod, huh!

Here are my projections, up until I died and stopped doing them. Some of them were obvious slips (Bass should really change his nick to _not_so_Clever), a few others were hits, wow. The rest was shite.

Absalom
DH

Balaam
MP, TH, BOO, TIM

Barnabas
R8

Bathsheba
-

Cain
DOM, DP, MAD

Deborah
-

Esther
ENR (lol)

Gideon
-

Hagar
-

Isaac
DEV

Jacob
-

Jephthah
LC, MP, R8, LLM, BWT
euro: FZ, ZEEK, SPLINTS

Jonah
R8

Jonathan
JUL!, FZ, ROX, (Gman, R8)

Job
R8

Judah
-

Lazarus
BASS
BASS
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSS

Lot
slip: GOLD, ELO
initially: LLM, BOO, TH, DH, MP

Malchus
R8

Martha
MONG, BEA, ROX

Mary Magdalene
-

Mordecai
Xth, DH, BOO, CAN

Nicodemus
LLM

Paul
if new: ??
if local: DP, R8, LLM, TH, SOPH

Pilate
-

Rachel
SVS, FZ, UNF(t) (lool)

Rahab
UNF(t)

Rebecca
-

Ruth
SVS, ROX, SPC, UNF, ELO

I realized Ruth was SVS when I revived her. She didn't pull it in the end, but that was the most impressive post-rez defending from a baddie I've ever seen so far. So creative, so wild.

Samson
MM(btsc slip)

Samuel
slip: SPC?
LC, MM

Stephen
-

Uzziah
FUCKING DUH
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Omg I totally can't keep up now that I'm back to my regular self.

MP, did I slip to you re: my identity? Did I slip to anyone else? Dead (pun) curious about this.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

thellama73 wrote:Here are the people I marked at the beginning of the game to kill. They were all obnoxious people I thought would get themselves killed, so no surprise that MP, SVS, and Rico were there. :P

Balaam
Belshazzar
Cain
Jonah
Jonathan
Lot
Mordecai
Paul
Ruth
Uzziah

I had to kill nine out of ten out of them, which I accomplished by the time I died, but one more day and I think I could have had Lot. (Why didn't the Heathens ever kill him? He was such an obvious target?)
I was obnoxious????When?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 7

Post by nutella »

Guess I should switch to my normal account like everyone else >_>

Wow those horsemen conditions are weird and confusing. Cool stuff Epi!

I really really really enjoyed this game. I don't know what else to say. It was great fun.

do we need to change back the passwords on the socks?
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

It;s funny to me that I was AWESOME at finding baddies this game. I am usually terrible at it, and the one game where I wasn't particularly trying to find them (just kill my marks) I nailed it.

linki: Not you, juliets. I just anted to get you lynched because you almost never are. :P

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I had every single sock pegged except for the quiet ones Barnabas, Hagar, and Rebecca.

I knew Pilate was LC from before the game even started because he made two posts in the sign-up thread that seemed totally LC-ish to me (and both made me laugh):
Pilate wrote:If I end up lynching a Civvie, I can just wash my hands of it! :nicenod:
Pilate wrote:
Belshazzar wrote:Malchus, Pilate and Johnny Depp of the Old Testament, don't forget to also sign up in the poll.
Thank you, Belsh! Or should I say... Llama! :feb:
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

Elohcin wrote:And, I haven't been able to say ONE thing about my kids all game. So...Simon learned to swim today!!!
Yay!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

At least I totally beat Llama and DH in trivia googling, ha! :slick: Llama was so drunk. Epig told me afterwards that I played alongside Horses, but I had Rachel, not Nicodemus, for one.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

nijuukyugou wrote:And we would've won too, if it weren't for you meddling Horsemen :P This was sooooo much fun and soooo much work. Thank God I finished with real work like a week ago so I could dedicate a stupid amount of time to it, regardless of the end :feb: Well done, everyone!!
Very well played. I could tell it was you from near the very beginning, though, and I could see baddie Blooper at the end, which is why I kept going after you. :feb:

Oh, and you weren't in my winning faction either, so that helped. :P

Like Llama, my baddie catching instincts this game were actually pretty solid. I was pleasantly surprised.

I goofed when it came to Esther though because I KNEW it was Elo and I kept thinking she seemed bad, but told myself she must be civilian, since I always read Elo wrong. :haha:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

nutella wrote:do we need to change back the passwords on the socks?
YES

When you are done with your sock, please:

1. Reset the password to sock123
2. Delete all PMs
3. Delete any signature you may have
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I know that's big but I don't care. :smoky:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ricochet wrote:Omg I totally can't keep up now that I'm back to my regular self.

MP, did I slip to you re: my identity? Did I slip to anyone else? Dead (pun) curious about this.
I actually had you pegged as Llama at first, but then realized Absalom was Llama pretty quickly, then had you as a ??? for a while. You did a good job. I could tell it was you about halfway through the game.

I'm not sure why, but I'm really good at figuring out who is behind the socks. I suppose I have to make up for my terrible civilian play somehow. :P
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

nutella wrote:Guess I should switch to my normal account like everyone else >_>

I really really really enjoyed this game. I don't know what else to say. It was great fun.

Were you Amor in Biblical Mafia the first time?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

And NOW I can finally say that I knew Balaam was G-Man and that's why I mainly thought he was faking the pictures in Economics because I saw civilian G-Man in full action here and he was SO DIFFERENT in Economics.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

No, I'm 99% sure Golden (aka Lot) was Amor.
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 18

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

DAMN IT! SO CLOSE!

Good damn either way. I wasnt too shabby for a first time mafia huh?

For the record, we did kill Martha for the "hunny and dearie" posts.

Also I was pretty certain that Pilate was the last horseman, since we didnt know that stephen was actually the final one. Most notably because when I got silenced on Night 9, Pilate came after me right out of the gate. I figured he wanted to try and get me lynched when he knew I couldnt talk.

Furthermore, on day 10, I didnt vote to save myself because I thought Samson's vote wouldnt count, and the votes werent actualy tied.
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 18

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

XthAtGAm3RGuYX wrote: Good damn either way. I wasnt too shabby for a first time mafia huh?
Are you fucking serious keyboard? Are we doing this right now?

GOOD GAME*
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

nutella wrote:Guess I should switch to my normal account like everyone else >_>

You played well. A lot of the civilians and baddies did.

I'd say everyone who actually posted did at least somewhat well. :P
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Absalom is cleaned out and the password reset.

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Omg I totally can't keep up now that I'm back to my regular self.

I actually had you pegged as Llama at first, but then realized Absalom was Llama pretty quickly, then had you as a ??? for a while. You did a good job. I could tell it was you about halfway through the game.

I'm not sure why, but I'm really good at figuring out who is behind the socks. I suppose I have to make up for my terrible civilian play somehow. :P
Halfway as in when I died? When I started defending for my life?

The only thing I abstained from was posting during the nights, over in America time, and posting music references, as much as I would have died to (cue my Aphrodite's Child exit). Otherwise, I started out wanting to play a different character under my sock (being more brazen, jokey), but ultimately failed and just played myself (posting a lot).

I forgot who called me a leader at some point. I wasn't, but thank you nevertheless. :noble:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

XthAtGAm3RGuYX wrote:Image
DAMN IT! SO CLOSE!

Good damn either way. I wasnt too shabby for a first time mafia huh?

For the record, we did kill Martha for the "hunny and dearie" posts.

Also I was pretty certain that Pilate was the last horseman, since we didnt know that stephen was actually the final one. Most notably because when I got silenced on Night 9, Pilate came after me right out of the gate. I figured he wanted to try and get me lynched when he knew I couldnt talk.

Furthermore, on day 10, I didnt vote to save myself because I thought Samson's vote wouldnt count, and the votes werent actualy tied.
Great game, Mr. X! I thought it was you because you posted OT green in a color that wasn't conventional, but it was confirmed when you started posting your .gifs that you love so much. :P

I was shocked when you got lynched, that was one of the few moments in the game where the tide turned in the civilians' favor. It definitely seemed like the mafia were going to pull the win here for most of the game, but there were a few crucial moments that all fell in the civilians' favor. Crazy game.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Golden once again blew me away with his civilian play. That guy is epic.

Seriously, HEathens, why didn't you kill Lot? I even made it so Deborah couldn't win unless you killed him, and you still wouldn't do it. It was driving me nuts!

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ricochet wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

The only thing I abstained from was posting during the nights, over in America time, and posting music references, as much as I would have died to (cue my Aphrodite's Child exit). Otherwise, I started out wanting to play a different character under my sock (being more brazen, jokey), but ultimately failed and just played myself (posting a lot).

I forgot who called me a leader at some point. I wasn't, but thank you nevertheless. :noble:
Yep, I could tell it was 100% you once you had to start defending yourself hard. It reminded me of Donner Party.

Again, though, I had almost everyone else pegged correctly before you.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

I am absolute shit at figuring out socks. The only person I figured out was Esther, and that's only because I talked to her like every day :P Golden, did you actually peg me correctly? :feb:

Rahab cleared!
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

thellama73 wrote:Golden once again blew me away with his civilian play. That guy is epic.

Seriously, HEathens, why didn't you kill Lot? I even made it so Deborah couldn't win unless you killed him, and you still wouldn't do it. It was driving me nuts!
He was cursed to vote Lazarus and it was to our voting advantage to keep it that way :biggrin:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:Golden once again blew me away with his civilian play. That guy is epic.

Indeed, I am SO glad Golden got the win here. He and G-Man (and you, Llama) totally rocked the civvie cred all the way this game. :clap:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Yep, I could tell it was 100% you once you had to start defending yourself hard. It reminded me of Donner Party.

Again, though, I had almost everyone else pegged correctly before you.
Given who Absalom was, it's quite the walk down the memory lane. :sigh:

----

(It's probably going to take me a while to clear out my account.)
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

nijuukyugou wrote:

He was cursed to vote Lazarus and it was to our voting advantage to keep it that way :biggrin:
Oops, I did that. I thought Laz was Simon the Zealot, and thought maybe I could get Lot that way.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

OH! And my D1 vote against Samuel as Paul. I wanted to shake the thread up. But as to why I chose Samuel over anyone else... it's because I could tell it was Daisy and I wanted to fuck with her. :haha:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

WAIT LAZ WASN'T THE ZEALOT :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint:

Return to “Previous Jobs”